Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A short piece
Aemos the Wise
post May 27 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Associate

Well, I love writing non-fictional manuals, diagrams, and studies. I occasionally get into a story mood, but that's for a later time. Any critique on this work is welcome.

[quote]"A short study of Cliffracers during my stay in Vvardenfall"

or

"Cliffracers: Ponderings of Aemos"

By D'kota Aemos

"During my extended stay in Vvadenfall district, most notable as being the homeland of the Dunmer, I came across a peculiar flying creature which seemingly dominates the skies of Morrowind. The creature varies in size from two to five feet in length, although larger specimens are not completely uncommon, and has a wingspan of about the same. It has no noticable legs, although I admit freely now that I was much too frightened by it's fiersome appearance and never approach them from more than a tree's legth. They have cold, steely eyes, and a long whip-like tail. The locals call them cliffracers, and for good reason. These amazing creatures possess incedibly manueverable bodies. I have even been witness to several cliffracers seeming to simply hover in the air with only a few beats of the wings. Truly these are magnificent beasts. Several locals, however, despise the poor creatures. They say that they are only a nuisance, and that they serve only to pester travelers, many of whom they say have more important things to do than to bring down these seemingly endless cliffracers. A few travelers I spoke with in the city of Balmora (Balmora is a small city northwest of Vivec, and is also the hub of the "Hlaalu" House, on of the three great houses of Morrowind) had collected several slighty leathery wisps of material from these cliffracers. Called racer plumes, they seem to increase adrenaline ouutput of the body, giving a renewed sense of vigor and speed to their user, although they later feel drained. Although after this amazing discover, I had to leave Morrowind for the time being. I hope to one day return to study more these incredible creatures that rule the skies of Morrowind.

-D'Kota Aemos"[/quote]

Could use a little work methinks, but it's the kind of thing I do. Informative and fun.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jonajosa
post May 31 2005, 06:56 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

Good. Hopefully we'll end up with a whole bookshelf of nothing but examinations of animal behavior. Maybe even two shelfs when we see all the new creatures in Oblivion.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Aemos the Wise   A short piece   May 27 2005, 01:01 AM
jonajosa   Maybe make that one paragraph into two? That could...   May 27 2005, 03:54 AM
Troika   In pieces that are based on actual elements in pre...   May 27 2005, 03:03 PM
Aemos the Wise   I was trying to stick to what we knew absolutely a...   May 29 2005, 05:59 PM
jonajosa   That would be a good idea. Alittle bit of "artists...   May 29 2005, 06:11 PM
Aemos the Wise   Re: A short piece   May 29 2005, 06:24 PM
jonajosa   Alot better. You think you could write more stuff ...   May 29 2005, 08:38 PM
Aemos the Wise   They're in the works.   May 31 2005, 06:31 AM
jonajosa   Good. Hopefully we'll end up with a whole bookshel...   May 31 2005, 06:56 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 04:07 AM