Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
mirocu
post Dec 27 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Iīm just being Curious George here biggrin.gif

As you know I donīt play Skyrim and since Iīm not a main quest kinda guy I probably wouldnīt do this one anyway. But out of you guys, who hasnīt done it yet even once?

smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 27 2013, 12:01 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mirocu
post Dec 27 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO HURRY AND DO THIS NOOOW!!!" Too bad the Skyrim MQ limits even what houses you can buy blink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 27 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 27 2013, 01:26 PM) *

Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO HURRY AND DO THIS NOOOW!!!" Too bad the Skyrim MQ limits even what houses you can buy blink.gif

That is how all of the quests in Skyrim are, not just the MQ. They even go so far as to automatically start the next quest in a questline the moment the one you are currently doing is finished. So no one can forget that "You must do this now or else!" There is no waiting around for the Grey Fox to contact you for your next heist. No traveling to Cheydinhal or Anvil to see if the FG has a new contract. Not even going out and getting a little experience before going back to talk to Caius Cosades about what to do next.

Not only is it annoying, but given how short the questlines are in Skyrim, the way the game pushes you to get them done right away means you can blow right through them in no time at all.

What is even worse is the way that Skyrim pushes you to do every questline with one single character. Often completely unrelated quests or tasks are tied into one another. For example, to complete the Gaulder Amulet side quest, you have to join the Mages College and start its questline. Because one of the amulets you need is in a dungeon that is only accessible by doing the College questline. It is like that with the word walls for dragon shouts (which I don't give a crap about personally, but I know other people like those things), the dragon priest masks, etc...

While you are not forced to do it by the game, the main quest itself strongly hints that you have join the Mages Guild and Thieves Guild in order to complete it as well. In one case you are told you have to go down into a place run by the TG, and are told that joining them is your best option. In another you are told to go to the College to ask about the location of a lost scholar (and the only way you can even walk onto the grounds is by joining. It is not like Oblivion where anyone could walk into the Mages Tower and talk to Raminus or Bothela.) You can metagame and ignore what the NPCs tell you, and just go straight to where you need to go. But then you are relying solely upon your knowledge as a player, rather than roleplaying.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 27 2013, 08:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mirocu   Have you still not done the MQ?   Dec 27 2013, 11:52 AM
Colonel Mustard   I end up doing it most playthroughs; I like fighti...   Dec 27 2013, 04:35 PM
Rohirrim   Haven't beaten Alduin yet. Khan'll get aro...   Dec 27 2013, 05:35 PM
Grits   Of course I’ve done it! I’m far too curious to...   Dec 27 2013, 06:49 PM
mirocu   Just wanna throw this out there, Iīm not against a...   Dec 27 2013, 07:01 PM
SubRosa   I have still never done it, and have gone so far a...   Dec 27 2013, 07:20 PM
Thomas Kaira   Wow. And I thought Oblivion was bad with its ...   Dec 27 2013, 08:22 PM
Renee Gade IV   Arrgh. I'm so used to seeing mirocu pull up or...   Dec 27 2013, 09:01 PM
Kiln   I've done the main quest only once. After tha...   Dec 28 2013, 12:02 AM
Renee Gade IV   . They also clarified a few mysteries like what ...   Dec 29 2013, 09:13 PM
Kiln   . They also clarified a few mysteries like what...   Dec 31 2013, 03:53 AM
ThatSkyrimGuy   I have not completed the MQ in Skyrim, nor in Obli...   Jan 12 2014, 06:01 PM
PhonAntiPhon   Have not done, never planning on doing it, have im...   Mar 9 2014, 10:34 AM
Vital   None of my characters so far have finished the MQ,...   Mar 9 2014, 11:06 AM
Renee Gade IV   I decided I'd like to finish the Main Quest on...   Apr 20 2014, 04:37 PM
mirocu   I think I would prefer to see them more rarely too...   Apr 20 2014, 04:43 PM
Renee Gade IV   I think I would prefer to see them more rarely to...   Apr 20 2014, 07:05 PM
ghastley   The reason you get so many Dragons is that they ma...   Apr 20 2014, 09:03 PM
Renee Gade IV   The reason you get so many Dragons is that they m...   Apr 20 2014, 11:54 PM
Vital   In Ravos' game I'm getting so sick of all ...   Apr 21 2014, 11:29 AM
Renee Gade IV   Wow, 2 shots from a bow, that's all? Interesti...   Apr 22 2014, 10:14 PM
Acadian   Have played several iterations of Buffy and have n...   Jul 9 2014, 02:56 PM
SubRosa   Have played several iterations of Buffy and have ...   Jul 9 2014, 09:18 PM
ghastley   Buffy's still going to see mammoths die when t...   Jul 9 2014, 04:24 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 05:22 AM