Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sound bug
Lopov
post Feb 11 2016, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I have an odd issue appearing in Oblivion since today and so far no luck with any solutions. I use the Alt + W combination for running but when I hold Alt, I hear that type of sound in my game that normally occurs in Windows e.g. if you're looking for some word with the CTRL+F command and end up with no results. So this sound appears each time I click on Alt and it doesn't go away until game eventually freezes for a few seconds.

I tested Alt + W in Skyrim and in Fallout, I use the same combination for running, and pressing Alt there doesn't produce any windows-related sounds. If I change Alt for another command in OB, it works fine, but if I press Alt for some reason, even if it's not assigned to any command, I hear this sound too. If I press Alt in the main menu, I don't hear it, though.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sticky keys are disabled.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 11 2016, 09:22 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SubRosa
post Feb 11 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Did you install any new software lately? It could be that ALT + W is a keyboard shortcut for something else you have that is running, and it is doing whatever it does in the background. Or failing to do it, and making that sound.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 11 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 11 2016, 03:32 PM) *

Did you install any new software lately? It could be that ALT + W is a keyboard shortcut for something else you have that is running, and it is doing whatever it does in the background. Or failing to do it, and making that sound.

I think if that was the problem, then Skyrim/Fallout would have the same issues. This has to be something in Oblivion itself.

Does it happen with both Alt keys? It might just be that you mapped the wrong one, and it's failing to recognise the combo.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 10:09 AM