Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dead is Dead Competition, There can only be one victor. Will it be you?
Kane
post Jan 30 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Hi folks! Just wanted to drop a note for any that might be interested, that Round V of our Haven DiD Competitions looks to have a tentative kick-off date of February 6th. If you're interested, come on over and check out the discussion threads!

(These are a continuation of the DiD Comps. from the Skyrim section of Bethsoft, we just start it at Haven now, since we make up about 90% of the usual participants. I believe we will have a thread up for it at Bethsoft, too. smile.gif )

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kane
post Jan 31 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Usually there is a set theme, and you get points for adhering to it. smile.gif The last round featured the Thieves Guild, and you received points for each quest completed, and a bonus for completing them all. Plus other points and bonuses for radiant questing, and stone hunting.

Typically we have a multiplier in place for the different difficulty levels that help determine the winner, IE;

Novice .50
Apprentice .75
Adept 1.0
Expert 1.25
Master 1.50
Legendary 1.75

On some rounds we also do randomly drawn skills. For instance, in the TG round; Conjuration, Illusion, Destruction, Light armor, and Archery were the drawn skills, and the only ones you could level/perk. Speech, lockpicking, and sneak are usually given as freebies, since it's impossible to not raise those. But if you raise other skills not chosen, you get docked points.

For round 5, though, you get to pick your class/build and relevant skills, and will only be allowed to level and perk those that are chosen. But, the freebie skills will likely be the same.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Cain   Dead is Dead Competition   Jan 30 2017, 06:28 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   This one has been curious, is this a real competit...   Jan 31 2017, 03:48 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   So how do you know people aren't cheating?   Feb 1 2017, 12:08 AM
Cain   It's an honor system. :) Haven't had any i...   Feb 1 2017, 01:47 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Oh ok gotcha   Feb 2 2017, 04:17 AM
Cain   Round V: The Hero of Skyrim has officially begun. ...   Feb 3 2017, 02:58 PM
Cain   Round VI is due to start on Friday, if any are int...   Mar 22 2017, 08:26 PM
Kane   Been a while since I posted about our friendly lit...   Mar 6 2018, 04:13 PM
Renee   I have thought of joining one of these, but for me...   Mar 6 2018, 05:09 PM
Kane   I've had a few that made me genuinely sad when...   Mar 6 2018, 05:18 PM
Renee   I've had a few that made me genuinely sad whe...   Mar 7 2018, 02:23 PM
Kane   I wish that last bit were so! It would take a ...   Mar 7 2018, 03:43 PM
Renee   Oh it wouldn't need to be mod-added, it could ...   Mar 7 2018, 06:50 PM
Kane   I do see a Renee G in our member list. Let me know...   Mar 7 2018, 06:52 PM
Turija   I wish that last bit were so! It would take a...   Mar 9 2018, 02:34 PM
Renee   Wow, that sounds intense, in that falmer cave ther...   Mar 9 2018, 02:53 PM
Kane   I've never had a character that just walked ev...   Mar 9 2018, 03:00 PM
Renee   I have noticed this about Skyrim, the walking spee...   Mar 9 2018, 08:55 PM
Kane   It is a mouse and key thing. Back when I played on...   Mar 9 2018, 09:42 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:26 PM