Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Goblin Lady
Renee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey. So in this thread I will writing up stories pertaining to TES IV: Oblivion. Because I keep thinking of more an more ideas that occur within this game. All of these stories will be rather short, two or three months apiece, I think, rather than years and years. And the very first one shall begin in the post below.

So far there are three story ideas I've come up with: a former scholar, a monk, and a guard. All of this isn't just to write stories, it's to (as usual) enhance my gaming. Make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2019, 02:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Aug 18 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

This chapter is longer. cake.gif I thought of chopping it into two, but I think it'll be better not to break up the flow. I originally wanted to have BOTH chapters (last week and this week) as one, but that would definitely have been too ambitious.

treydog (or anyone here) when different languages are shown in stories, I know these words get italicized. But do they always need to be italicized? That'll get sort of tedious for me to write the code in (or highlight stuff and press the I button).

Well... I guess I'll just post this as-is for now.

---------

Chapter V: Cracked Wood Cave

IPB Image

After some moments of preparation, Jayne stood fully from her hiding place. Immediately, the goblin sentry saw her. "Yargh!" he called, throwing his arms to the sky, readying his blade, baring his teeth. He began to stomp quickly toward her. Before she knew it, Jayne was fumbling her totem, hoping it would make all the difference.

Yargh, the common goblin war cry.

During the 3rd Era and well into the 4th, many different goblin tribes inhabited Cyrodiil: the Bitterfish, the Dust Eaters, the Bloody Hands, and so on. These tribes spoke many different dialects, and sometimes used words unique to their homesteads. But almost all of them shared yargh, which (like many goblin words) had several potential meanings. The most obvious, in this situation, being "attack!" of course.

However, it all depended how yargh was said, and when it was said. If someone wanted to learn to speak goblinese, this learner had to pay attention not just to words and phrases, but also body language, and sign language. Unlike human and mer communications, which depended almost solely upon specific sounds and articulations, goblins spoke to each other not just through their voices, but also by gestures, hand motions, and sometimes their entire bodies.

Jayne Goodfall considered all of this within a split second, before nearly having great lumps hacked out of her. The goblin rushed toward her! Made some sort of scream as he swung his weapon.

... And then stopped, his gaze transfixed upon Jayne's shiny wooden totem. He then blinked. He actually blinked.

"Tschoo gshirri Muluk," the goblin spoke, suddenly flummoxed, his face suddenly carrying an expression which could only be described as dumbfounded.

"Yes!" Jayne said in her own language, miming with her left hand. "Tschoo Muluk gshirri," she continued, constricting her throat, forcing her voice an octave higher. "I have Muluk. Muluk gshirri rashidaka," (Muluk me find) she added, moving her hands from up toward the sky, down toward her heart.

Muluk... the common word for the god almost all their tribes worshipped. Once the goblin had said that word, Jayne knew everything would be fine. She would certainly live. She had managed to distract the sentry. "Muluk rashidaka Jayne," she said, pointing to herself. "Jayne gshirri." (I am Jayne).

Unlike the languages of mer and humans, one did not need to worry about the order of words when speaking goblinese. One did not need to worry about conjugation. Or prepositions. Or conjunctions, and so on. Grammar was nearly nonexistent in most cases. She could have said "Rashidaka Muluk Jayne" (find Muluk Jayne) and the 'sentence' would still make sense to the goblin, for it was her gestures and facial movements which made all the difference. Only the shamans spoke in more arcane terms. Within the goblin tribe, it was usually the shaman whose intelligence was highest, and the actual usage of certain shaman terminology was often forbidden by others within the tribes.

But now, the goblin's face molded into a rather unusual shape, as though he were trying to smile. "Tschoo Jayne" (You Jayne) he said solemnly, pointing toward her, his eyes becoming rather enormous. He could not quite pronounce her name correctly, causing Jayne to stifle a giggle. "Tschoo ... Jayne gahlin ksharra!" he further emoted. (You Jayne goblin lady!)

Jayne did not answer, nor did she need to. She knew her face was blushing.

"Tschoo ... Jayne gahli ksharra!" the goblin said again.

"Yes. I am the goblin lady." She was grinning now. She could not help herself.

"Tschoo Jayne gahli ksharra!" He made a little dance, as he spoke louder. "TSCHOO JAYNE GAHLI KSHARRA!"

At once, the sentry ran off into the evening, gesturing for Jayne to follow. And she did. She followed him round a large boulder, hastily spied what looked to be a small village across a road. She was sure it was Cropsford, but there was no time to investigate. She knew what was coming next.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jayne was led to a door in a rock, which led to an underground dwelling which the Imperials had designated Cracked Wood Cave. The goblin rushed ahead, chittering and chattering so quickly, even she could barely understand. Once inside the cave, she waited a moment as the sentry rushed ahead. The place was well-lit by wall sconces, she noticed, which meant it was one of the more comfortably-inhabited goblin lairs.

"Oh, what have we here?" she spoke aloud. Within seconds, the initial sentry she'd met outside the cave was then joined by two others!

"Gahli tschoo ksharra!" they burst, speaking over each other. "Tschoo ksharra tshchoo ksharra gahli gahli!"

"Yes. I am the lady of goblins! And I have returned!"

Her voice delighted the green-skinned creatures. They parted ways, then motioned with their hands, allowing Jayne Goodfall to stride into their home. Down a set of passageways, and into a rather large chamber of stone, where she was greeted by their resident chef, and one of their designated warriors. All around, their babbling continued. The chef began scrambling in an over-excited manner, rushing over to her tables, probably trying to see if there was something for Jayne to eat.

After several more minutes (and several more urgings for her to venture deeper into Cracked Wood Cave) Jayne strode into a second large chamber, where she was met by their children. At least a dozen of them crowded around the goblin lady! At that moment, there was little difference between the adults and their spawn; all were in a frenzied state of rejoice.

Finally, the shaman herself joined the crowd. When she appeared, the others hushed their revelry at once, for the shaman's presence (in this situation) demanded a few moments of silence. It was important that the shaman make her inspection of any new incomers. Though more sullen than the others, Jayne did not mistake the shaman's downplaying of the moment. She knew at once what she must do. Jayne made a motion with her hips and hands, rather like a lass curtseying before a queen. She then held this pose. Five seconds. Ten seconds. Twenty. After thirty full seconds, the shaman seemed satisfied. She then made her cry, filling the underground with a shriek which might make a seasoned legionnaire shiver.

"Yarrrrgh!" She approved. And now, the celebration was on!

Jayne Goodfall was ushered toward a rather haughty-looking throne, and nearly forced to have a seat. The chef who'd been looking for some food earlier, finally bustled over. Handed Jayne some sort of roasted kebob, as well as a cup full of liquid. The kebab was either roasted rat, or roasted durzog. Whatever the delicacy, it certainly tasted good. As the goblins continued to make noise in festivity, Jayne cautioned the drink she'd been handed with a sniff. One had to be careful with goblin imbibements! But to her relief, she discovered the drink was ordinary beer.

As the celebration wore on, and two of the children began to paint Jayne's feet, Jayne could not allay a tinge of worry. She had been through so much, and now she was home. Back in Cyrodiil, for good. But because she was back for good, she knew her days as a free woman were numbered.

"I must return to the city," she said aloud decisively. "'Tis what is right, and 'tis what shall be required. And I must see. I must see if anything has survived. And if this means my imprisonment, so be it."

"Gahli maakshira towee!" one of the children called, pointing toward Jayne's newly-painted feet, expecting approval.

"Towee maakshira gahli," Jayne Goodfall agreed with a smile.

------------------------------------

Creepy roleplay video -- (Even though I am the one who modded all this in, my gosh I got shivers when those gobs started running out of darkness! indifferent.gif It's kinda messy, but I spent so much time making it, and there are some genuine inspired moments at least! ... The beginning is really dark, not sure why. If you can't see what's going on, just fast-forward to 30 seconds or so).

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 18 2019, 06:03 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   The Goblin Lady   Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Renee   Like a whirling dervish Spitting out the salty she...   Jul 14 2019, 02:51 AM
Lopov   Nice introduction. Final sentences wrap up the st...   Jul 14 2019, 08:14 AM
Acadian   Very nice how we started in the middle of a scene ...   Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM
treydog   Very nice! Well- not so much for Angrus... but...   Jul 14 2019, 05:03 PM
SubRosa   Six Fishes is a great name for a dockside tavern. ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Renee   Wow, I got comments. Now I gotta finish this! ...   Jul 21 2019, 11:12 AM
treydog   An excellent addition to what we have seen already...   Jul 21 2019, 03:05 PM
SubRosa   So the Goblin Lady was an unwilling participant in...   Jul 21 2019, 04:10 PM
Lopov   Nice, I didn't expect her to be enslaved by th...   Jul 21 2019, 06:51 PM
Acadian   Ahah, I see how this ties right into the beginning...   Jul 21 2019, 07:59 PM
Grits   Whoop, Renee stories! *happy dance* I love th...   Jul 23 2019, 05:19 PM
Renee   Saturday night is usually the only time I have eno...   Jul 28 2019, 01:40 AM
Renee   After that there were no more incidents of hostil...   Aug 4 2019, 03:40 AM
SubRosa   Neat link to that article about Sacred Rite of the...   Aug 4 2019, 05:44 PM
Acadian   I quite like the premise you seem to have going on...   Aug 4 2019, 07:53 PM
Lopov   An interesting continuation, you used quite a diff...   Aug 5 2019, 06:13 PM
treydog   Somehow missed this when you first updated- but ha...   Aug 10 2019, 02:57 PM
Renee   Comments and questions in this post, and I'll ...   Aug 11 2019, 04:11 PM
Renee   [center][font=Times New Roman]Chapter IV: The Gobl...   Aug 11 2019, 05:25 PM
Acadian   Well, done, Renee! Thank Azura for those h...   Aug 11 2019, 06:54 PM
SubRosa   I too, loved the inclusion of Cropsford and the 3r...   Aug 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Lopov   Quite a cliff hanger, Renee Gade. Who allowed you ...   Aug 12 2019, 01:19 PM
treydog   Interesting continuation. Our first encounter wit...   Aug 16 2019, 05:15 PM
Renee   Acadian: Aw thanks! Yes, I left that sort of v...   Aug 18 2019, 06:46 AM
SubRosa   Great to see how Jayne is reaching out to communic...   Aug 18 2019, 05:57 PM
Acadian   Fun vid as Jayne gathers her tribe! Whew...   Aug 18 2019, 06:50 PM
Lopov   Very clever to include some actual goblin language...   Aug 19 2019, 01:44 PM
treydog   As far as the foreign language, I am a typography ...   Aug 19 2019, 01:52 PM
Renee   SubRosa: Yes. Her reputation. :) She certainly has...   Sep 1 2019, 06:32 PM
Renee   [font=Times New Roman][center]Chapter VI: The Yell...   Sep 1 2019, 07:32 PM
Lopov   Looks like Jayne has some great plans in mind. I w...   Sep 2 2019, 08:35 AM
Acadian   I'm still getting a kick out of Jayne's pa...   Sep 2 2019, 06:16 PM
SubRosa   Yaaagh! Jayne has her temporary goblin tats o...   Sep 2 2019, 07:13 PM
Renee   Lopov: funny you just mentioned Kahreem. ;) Acad...   Sep 8 2019, 03:39 AM
Lopov   A very detailed and intriguing insight into Jayne...   Sep 8 2019, 03:27 PM
treydog   I love the life you bring to the interactions- wit...   Sep 8 2019, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Good that all of Jayne’s worries turned out for ...   Sep 8 2019, 07:02 PM
SubRosa   You are bringing back so many Oblivion memories wi...   Sep 8 2019, 08:11 PM
Renee   Aw, you folks make me smile. :) I am glad this is ...   Sep 22 2019, 02:40 AM
Renee   [size=4][font=Times New Roman]Chapter VIII: The Im...   Sep 22 2019, 03:32 AM
Lopov   Is that Lady Saga you're writing about in the ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Acadian   Yes, who is the mysterious mushroom-eating elf in ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:39 PM
SubRosa   Is that blond elf with the summer bolette Lady Sag...   Sep 23 2019, 07:16 PM
Renee   Yes Lopov, Acadian, and SubRosa, that is Lady Sag...   Sep 29 2019, 03:02 AM
Lopov   Neat story. I like it how you still continue to un...   Sep 29 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignite It is in charge? That does not sound good a...   Sep 29 2019, 07:06 PM
Acadian   Like Lopov, I'm enjoying watching this story u...   Sep 29 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   Mysterious late-sleeping elves.... Alarm bells are...   Sep 30 2019, 11:46 AM
Renee   I like it how you still continue to unfold event...   Oct 6 2019, 04:21 PM
Renee   Where we left off: Jayne spoke to Simplicia the Sl...   Oct 6 2019, 05:02 PM
Acadian   I love how Vinicia has modernized her bookkeeping....   Oct 6 2019, 10:15 PM
Renee   Meh... so many mistakes! I was hungover though...   Oct 7 2019, 03:27 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Vinicia Melissaeia works the servic...   Oct 7 2019, 04:32 PM
Lopov   Jayne can now sleep in peace, knowing that she won...   Oct 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Renee   Acadian -- I've been watching too much Black M...   Oct 13 2019, 01:13 AM
Renee   Hello. So, I keep thinking of more stuff I want to...   Oct 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Lopov   I love the dream sequence, very-well written. I wo...   Oct 14 2019, 11:55 AM
SubRosa   Sketchy is a trendy term these days, meaning anyth...   Oct 14 2019, 01:07 PM
Acadian   Aww, another reminder that her plans for goblins a...   Oct 17 2019, 08:55 PM
ghastley   ... What I'm getting at is that if you would ...   Oct 17 2019, 09:06 PM
Renee   Lopov, my friend. Now why would you suppose Ignyti...   Oct 20 2019, 02:31 AM
Renee   [size=4][center]Chapter XII: White Gold Tower htt...   Oct 20 2019, 02:57 AM
Acadian   A pleasant day of bathing and beer. Wise of Jayne...   Oct 20 2019, 07:32 PM
SubRosa   Jayne has that guard's ear? Ewwww! :lol: ...   Oct 21 2019, 07:13 PM
Lopov   That's very friendly, Renee, you let us hangin...   Oct 21 2019, 07:30 PM
Renee   Acadian: YES, the part when you said you "pon...   Oct 26 2019, 10:36 PM
SubRosa   An academic's office being a broom closet is n...   Oct 27 2019, 01:12 AM
Lopov   Fvck, that's great! I mean the story, not ...   Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Acadian   Oh, my heart breaks for poor Jayne! Betrayed ...   Oct 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Renee   Hey everyone, I appreciate your attentions. :cake:...   Nov 3 2019, 04:00 AM
Renee   One come a day the water will run, No man will sta...   Nov 3 2019, 04:20 AM
Acadian   That fetcher, Iggy! :-/ Poor Jayne, as she...   Nov 3 2019, 08:49 PM
Lopov   Fokke! That must be our Of Weet friend, that h...   Nov 4 2019, 01:57 PM
SubRosa   Oh no, the locals are out with their torches and p...   Nov 4 2019, 04:01 PM
Renee   Oh yes, that's that I was going for, 'Rosa...   Nov 9 2019, 04:36 PM
Renee   My sweet revenge Will be yours For the taking It...   Nov 9 2019, 09:52 PM
Lopov   A fitting end for the fetcher. Faced with the wra...   Nov 9 2019, 10:34 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Ignitit's hundred septim shoes ...   Nov 9 2019, 11:47 PM
Acadian   ... I love the juxtaposition of how they either do...   Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 09:35 PM