Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Goblin Lady
Renee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey. So in this thread I will writing up stories pertaining to TES IV: Oblivion. Because I keep thinking of more an more ideas that occur within this game. All of these stories will be rather short, two or three months apiece, I think, rather than years and years. And the very first one shall begin in the post below.

So far there are three story ideas I've come up with: a former scholar, a monk, and a guard. All of this isn't just to write stories, it's to (as usual) enhance my gaming. Make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2019, 02:53 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Oct 20 2019, 02:57 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Chapter XII: White Gold Tower

IPB Image

Middas, 3:55 am

Ignytiq and Jayne planned on heading toward the Imperial City's White Gold Tower, but the hours had gone late. Much time had passed; it was close to four in the morning by then. The Bosmer and the Imperial agreed that it'd be best if they waited until the next night, to hatch their planned escapade. The Bosmer promised to meet his former taskmaster later on hat night, in Merchants Inn. All of this meant Jayne was free to spend the entire day, in any manner she wanted.

First priority: More sleep in her actual bed.

It did not take more than four seconds after the elf had left before Jayne was crawling back into comfort. Here she spent many more hours, sleeping, dreaming, wondering, listening to other tenants rise and be off into whatever daily routines.

Secondly: A leisurely day spent.

Bread and beer for break-fast. A slow walk through portions of the city. A long soak in the Market District's Public Bathing House (where she found more beer, as well as wine). Jayne wondered what the fuss was about, this new, free place to bathe? The concept did not make any sense. Upon entering its echoing walls, at first she had no idea where she was to go, to change out of her clothes. Nobody was about, so she simply disrobed righ there, dropping her shirt and skirt by the side of the pool. Eventually she noticed the sign: PLEASE GO THROUGH THE FAR DOOR TO CHANGE OUT OF YOUR CLOTHES, it said.

"Blimey. Well. No matter, I suppose."

All her life, Jayne had been a capable swimmer: Stroking through tepid, lukewarm pondwater here, or cold and salty seawater there. So the Bathing House's body-temperature liquid surprised her. It delighted her! She immediately felt some sort of transformation take place, after entering its warmth. An hour quickly passed, as she floated and dove lazily.

Eventually, Jayne could not resist taking one of the beers, located on a nearby table. She downed it within minutes, unsure whether she had committed a crime. Nobody had shown up though; no guards came rushing in. Her head recieved that familiar, floaty feeling. She began to go for another, wondered if maybe some wine might be even better? ... Then changed her mind. Cannot fall into old habits, lady! Not now. Let us wait and see how the night shall commence.

Dinner in Merchants Inn was served by Velus Hosidius, who still ran the place after all these years. Here, Jayne managed to further abstain. Instead, she drank plain water with her meal. She also spent her time looking around calmly, as other patrons wandered in. She indulged herself, imagining what it'd be like, being amongst common Cyrodiilic society again. Being courted. Being respected.

But, the hours began moving again. It was time to begin. Ignytiq the elf walked in at some point, winking impatiently, causing Jayne's pulse to pick up, her tummy to feel mushy with anticipation.

As patrons all around continued their meals and engaged in ponderous banter, Jayne stalked out quietly. Found a quiet alcove to change out of her clothes, the same clothes she'd been wearing ever since making landfall in Leyawiin. She then left them, right on the ground. She could not part with her totem, however. She'd put too much love and care into its creation, after all. It might still have some value in the future. Would this become a problem?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

IPB Image

"You've got my ear citizen. Let's hear it," said a guard minutes later, as Jayne passed out of the Market District, and began nearing the tower.

Jayne said nothing. Did not acknowledge man's greeting. She continued to walk, sweating lightly under Ignytiq's supposed disguise. Overhead, the tower loomed, and she could not help but stop for a moment. Gazed at the massivity of it. But she did not pause for very long. Would one of these monks Ignytiq mentioned gaze and pause at the tower for long? Of course not. It'd be a site to see on that very first day, perhaps.

"Hail good citizen," another guard interrupted, making some sort of small salute. "How can I be of service?"

Jayne did not answer. Began plodding again, but more briskly. As though she were here every night, and knew where she had to go. But then, first problem:

Where are the tower's doors?

She began circling White Gold's base, unsure of where its exact entry was located. After several minutes (and probably an almost complete orbit around the gigantic spire), she finally found it. Walked between a pair of palace guards, then was in the coolness of the tower itself. Turned right. Walked steadily upon the corridor's curved surface.

"Speak," another guard suggested, after Jayne passed through the tower's lower set of doors, and into the upper Elder Council chambers. She paused walking for the slightest of moments. Nobody's telling me I need to contain myself to the first and second floors, she noticed. Nobody's telling me I need to 'show my respect' for the Elder Council, by 'keeping my voice down.'

She smiled under her hood. Ignytiq has apparently planned well.

Her observations were confirmed moments later. Even after she'd passed out of the upper council chambers and into the guards' barracks (forbidden area, for most) nobody broke routine. Nobody was clanking toward her. In their eyes, Jayne was just another monk or a scribe, here in White Gold Tower. In fact, an entire squadron of metal-wearing wardens passed by at one point, half of them pausing to say pleasant hellos to her. As though she belonged.

Oh Jayne, if you could see your face right now!

Ignytiq had said this, just after waking her up the night before from that wretched dream.

Jayne could not help but smile again, wondering if this might actually work. Wondering if it were okay to grin quietly under her hood. Did other members of this 'Religious Council' ever grin as they traveled their nightly routines? One thing's for sure, she thought, being with that gang of thieves surely caused me to become quite the actress.

It was true. Though taken by force by those roustabouts from her quiet life in Seyda Neen, then held agains her will for months, all Jayne could realize now as she padded quietly around the circular hallway was just how grateful she was that she'd been (incidentally) trained by them. Trained to keep calm. Trained to act a part. Trained to be ultimately successful. Or else. That devious training was helping her now, she realized.

You deserve all due respect for all your service to the Empire.

Ignytiq had said this, too. As Jayne Goodfall neared the next set of doors she'd need to open, she began to relax. She slowed her pace. A thousand memories then came flooding. Memories of her former workmates. Memories of hours spent looking up obscure references, and studying all sorts of bizarre creatures. She neared the next set of double doors: The Elder Scrolls Library. Location of her former office. She fetched around for the second key Draynas had handed her the night before. Grabbed it out of her pocket. "ESL" had been etched upon its haft. A moment of exhilleration buzzed through Jayne's body, as the key turned the door's tumblers.

The library! Jayne took another moment to pause, before striding confidently forward. Familiar scents of linen and lambskin, all around. A red-robed man approached her as she entered this precious place, then walked by without a word. Ignytiq had done well. The corridor continued to gently curve left before her. Jayne resisted an urge to have a walk into the library itself, instead pressing forward until she saw the actual door to her former office.

We'd be partners, you and I. Under payment and employment of the city.

Jayne paused. Suddenly grasping. Suddenly alerted.

Oh, I couldn't do that! We're after-hours right now!

Statements from her former employee, who now traipsed around the city like a count or a land-baron, wearing stately clothes. Scented by flowery perfumes. Sitting upon that table in the Tiber Septim. His statements were suddenly bothering her. But why?

The genius of my plan comes now.

Jayne reached for the final key. Lifted it out of her pocket. Had a look at its haft, which was engraved with the letters 'B' and 'C', causing more concern. She inserted it within the door's lock, and turned. Finally opened her way into the office itself. Had a look inside.

"You ... fetcher."

Jayne Goodfall, aghast. Yet not entirely surprised.

"You bloody ... bleeding ... FETCHER!!!"

-----------------

Ignytiq's plan

Jayne's leisurely day

Bathhouse Scene

Dinner by candlelight

Walking in White Gold Tower

"Hail good citizen!"

The Office Door`

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 20 2019, 02:15 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   The Goblin Lady   Jul 7 2019, 12:43 AM
Renee   Like a whirling dervish Spitting out the salty she...   Jul 14 2019, 02:51 AM
Lopov   Nice introduction. Final sentences wrap up the st...   Jul 14 2019, 08:14 AM
Acadian   Very nice how we started in the middle of a scene ...   Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM
treydog   Very nice! Well- not so much for Angrus... but...   Jul 14 2019, 05:03 PM
SubRosa   Six Fishes is a great name for a dockside tavern. ...   Jul 15 2019, 01:53 PM
Renee   Wow, I got comments. Now I gotta finish this! ...   Jul 21 2019, 11:12 AM
treydog   An excellent addition to what we have seen already...   Jul 21 2019, 03:05 PM
SubRosa   So the Goblin Lady was an unwilling participant in...   Jul 21 2019, 04:10 PM
Lopov   Nice, I didn't expect her to be enslaved by th...   Jul 21 2019, 06:51 PM
Acadian   Ahah, I see how this ties right into the beginning...   Jul 21 2019, 07:59 PM
Grits   Whoop, Renee stories! *happy dance* I love th...   Jul 23 2019, 05:19 PM
Renee   Saturday night is usually the only time I have eno...   Jul 28 2019, 01:40 AM
Renee   After that there were no more incidents of hostil...   Aug 4 2019, 03:40 AM
SubRosa   Neat link to that article about Sacred Rite of the...   Aug 4 2019, 05:44 PM
Acadian   I quite like the premise you seem to have going on...   Aug 4 2019, 07:53 PM
Lopov   An interesting continuation, you used quite a diff...   Aug 5 2019, 06:13 PM
treydog   Somehow missed this when you first updated- but ha...   Aug 10 2019, 02:57 PM
Renee   Comments and questions in this post, and I'll ...   Aug 11 2019, 04:11 PM
Renee   [center][font=Times New Roman]Chapter IV: The Gobl...   Aug 11 2019, 05:25 PM
Acadian   Well, done, Renee! Thank Azura for those h...   Aug 11 2019, 06:54 PM
SubRosa   I too, loved the inclusion of Cropsford and the 3r...   Aug 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Lopov   Quite a cliff hanger, Renee Gade. Who allowed you ...   Aug 12 2019, 01:19 PM
treydog   Interesting continuation. Our first encounter wit...   Aug 16 2019, 05:15 PM
Renee   Acadian: Aw thanks! Yes, I left that sort of v...   Aug 18 2019, 06:46 AM
Renee   This chapter is longer. :cake: I thought of choppi...   Aug 18 2019, 05:44 PM
SubRosa   Great to see how Jayne is reaching out to communic...   Aug 18 2019, 05:57 PM
Acadian   Fun vid as Jayne gathers her tribe! Whew...   Aug 18 2019, 06:50 PM
Lopov   Very clever to include some actual goblin language...   Aug 19 2019, 01:44 PM
treydog   As far as the foreign language, I am a typography ...   Aug 19 2019, 01:52 PM
Renee   SubRosa: Yes. Her reputation. :) She certainly has...   Sep 1 2019, 06:32 PM
Renee   [font=Times New Roman][center]Chapter VI: The Yell...   Sep 1 2019, 07:32 PM
Lopov   Looks like Jayne has some great plans in mind. I w...   Sep 2 2019, 08:35 AM
Acadian   I'm still getting a kick out of Jayne's pa...   Sep 2 2019, 06:16 PM
SubRosa   Yaaagh! Jayne has her temporary goblin tats o...   Sep 2 2019, 07:13 PM
Renee   Lopov: funny you just mentioned Kahreem. ;) Acad...   Sep 8 2019, 03:39 AM
Lopov   A very detailed and intriguing insight into Jayne...   Sep 8 2019, 03:27 PM
treydog   I love the life you bring to the interactions- wit...   Sep 8 2019, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Good that all of Jayne’s worries turned out for ...   Sep 8 2019, 07:02 PM
SubRosa   You are bringing back so many Oblivion memories wi...   Sep 8 2019, 08:11 PM
Renee   Aw, you folks make me smile. :) I am glad this is ...   Sep 22 2019, 02:40 AM
Renee   [size=4][font=Times New Roman]Chapter VIII: The Im...   Sep 22 2019, 03:32 AM
Lopov   Is that Lady Saga you're writing about in the ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Acadian   Yes, who is the mysterious mushroom-eating elf in ...   Sep 22 2019, 06:39 PM
SubRosa   Is that blond elf with the summer bolette Lady Sag...   Sep 23 2019, 07:16 PM
Renee   Yes Lopov, Acadian, and SubRosa, that is Lady Sag...   Sep 29 2019, 03:02 AM
Lopov   Neat story. I like it how you still continue to un...   Sep 29 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignite It is in charge? That does not sound good a...   Sep 29 2019, 07:06 PM
Acadian   Like Lopov, I'm enjoying watching this story u...   Sep 29 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   Mysterious late-sleeping elves.... Alarm bells are...   Sep 30 2019, 11:46 AM
Renee   I like it how you still continue to unfold event...   Oct 6 2019, 04:21 PM
Renee   Where we left off: Jayne spoke to Simplicia the Sl...   Oct 6 2019, 05:02 PM
Acadian   I love how Vinicia has modernized her bookkeeping....   Oct 6 2019, 10:15 PM
Renee   Meh... so many mistakes! I was hungover though...   Oct 7 2019, 03:27 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Vinicia Melissaeia works the servic...   Oct 7 2019, 04:32 PM
Lopov   Jayne can now sleep in peace, knowing that she won...   Oct 7 2019, 10:20 PM
Renee   Acadian -- I've been watching too much Black M...   Oct 13 2019, 01:13 AM
Renee   Hello. So, I keep thinking of more stuff I want to...   Oct 13 2019, 08:04 PM
Lopov   I love the dream sequence, very-well written. I wo...   Oct 14 2019, 11:55 AM
SubRosa   Sketchy is a trendy term these days, meaning anyth...   Oct 14 2019, 01:07 PM
Acadian   Aww, another reminder that her plans for goblins a...   Oct 17 2019, 08:55 PM
ghastley   ... What I'm getting at is that if you would ...   Oct 17 2019, 09:06 PM
Renee   Lopov, my friend. Now why would you suppose Ignyti...   Oct 20 2019, 02:31 AM
Acadian   A pleasant day of bathing and beer. Wise of Jayne...   Oct 20 2019, 07:32 PM
SubRosa   Jayne has that guard's ear? Ewwww! :lol: ...   Oct 21 2019, 07:13 PM
Lopov   That's very friendly, Renee, you let us hangin...   Oct 21 2019, 07:30 PM
Renee   Acadian: YES, the part when you said you "pon...   Oct 26 2019, 10:36 PM
SubRosa   An academic's office being a broom closet is n...   Oct 27 2019, 01:12 AM
Lopov   Fvck, that's great! I mean the story, not ...   Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Acadian   Oh, my heart breaks for poor Jayne! Betrayed ...   Oct 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Renee   Hey everyone, I appreciate your attentions. :cake:...   Nov 3 2019, 04:00 AM
Renee   One come a day the water will run, No man will sta...   Nov 3 2019, 04:20 AM
Acadian   That fetcher, Iggy! :-/ Poor Jayne, as she...   Nov 3 2019, 08:49 PM
Lopov   Fokke! That must be our Of Weet friend, that h...   Nov 4 2019, 01:57 PM
SubRosa   Oh no, the locals are out with their torches and p...   Nov 4 2019, 04:01 PM
Renee   Oh yes, that's that I was going for, 'Rosa...   Nov 9 2019, 04:36 PM
Renee   My sweet revenge Will be yours For the taking It...   Nov 9 2019, 09:52 PM
Lopov   A fitting end for the fetcher. Faced with the wra...   Nov 9 2019, 10:34 PM
SubRosa   It sounds like Ignitit's hundred septim shoes ...   Nov 9 2019, 11:47 PM
Acadian   ... I love the juxtaposition of how they either do...   Nov 10 2019, 09:18 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 08:43 AM