Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding, Country Rooooooads, Take Me Hoooooooome
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 2 2020, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

To the plaaaaaace I beloooong.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/faceboo...EaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

Finally made this thread where I can put up some screenshots of my adventures in Appalachia. Hopefully others here will get the game eventually and put up their own too.

I can't put mine up at this very moment, but I certainly will soon. Whatever gameplay criticisms there may be, I absolutely love the scenery in this game. Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so pretty?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2020, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

What the hell is a scorch beast?!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 18 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it's been quite some time since I posted here. I'll answer Khajiit's question first (apologies about the delay).

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2020, 08:04 PM) *

What the hell is a scorch beast?!! ohmy.gif

A scorchbeast is a giant, irradiated bat. I can't remember exactly how they came to be, but they are the cause of the Scorched plague. The plague turns people into things similar to feral ghouls, only a bit more methodical and slightly able to put together words. Here's more info on all these ugly brutes.

The Scorched: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched

Scorched up close: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched?file=Scorched.jpg

Full-body shot: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorched?fi...76_Scorched.png

Scorchbeasts: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast

Close-up of a live scorchbeast: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast...orchedbeast.jpg

The biggest and baddest of them all - The Scorchbeast Queen: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Scorchbeast...orchedearth.jpg

For all the flaws of this game, the developers were very creative with the bestiary. Granted, we have yet ANOTHER version of Deathclaws and Super Mutants, but BGS went hard with the local folklore monsters.

I finally came back to Fallout 76 after a bit of a hiatus. And I have some screenshots from the past few days. On Wednesday, I even played a little bit with one of my guildmates from my PvP guild in ESO. I convinced him to try the game out (if it was on sale), and he got for pretty cheap. He got quite hooked on it and blew past my level. A few of these screenshots were from that play session, and one or two even feature him in it.

There were some particularly cool things to be found in my latest adventures in Appalachia. But first, some older screenshots I never got around to posting. Buckle up, because there is a lot of stuff coming.

Please don't see me...

Shouldn't Have Used Your Head

*CROAK*

Mole-Mining for Trouble

Started from the Bottom, Now We're WAY up Here

This Stranger Sure is...Mysterious

Spookiness is Afoot

Watoga Shootout

------------------------------------------

And now, for the new stuff.

I found a giant resort called the Whitesprings Resort and the inside was almost entirely intact. There was an entire strip mall in there and you can actually buy a bunch of stuff! (There's a gold course, but alas, you likely cannot play golf).

Card-Carrying Member of the Club

We're going shoppppiiiiiing!

Look at this place!

So much stuff! (You can make your character do some poses and facial expressions in photomode.)

Do you guys still have the Assaultron massage special? (Yes, there is a massage parlor run by Assaultrons. You gather from their dialogue and some holotapes and notes that they apparently caused a lot of spinal contusions, given their appendages are NOT conducive to relaxing people's muscles.)

Sir, I've been waiting for my meal for an hour now

YES, WE CAN! (This is the theater in the Whitesprings Resort. I just found out that, in photomode, you can add various filters like noise and scanlines to make the photo look more retro. Pretty cool!)

Getting the Band Together

Kablooie!

And speaking of the bestiary in this game, I came across a new cryptid today: The Sheepsquatch. A Legendary one in this case. And let me tell ya, even though he didn't hit all that hard, to say he took a serious beating before he went down is an understatement. With a giant host of guns, grenades, and a sword, this fight took well over five minutes to finish. Maybe even 10. Several Super Mutants tussled with him at first, but they were no match for him. Luckily, he was slow and kind of dumb (though I think a lot of that was the AI, because he stood still against the Super Mutants for a long time.) But he could 1) run and headbutt you; 2) kick you if you were behind him; 3) jump up and stomp the ground to cause a mini-quake; 4) claw you, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row; and 5) shoot a boatload of quills from his back like we used to think porcupines could. I ran through well over half of my ammo and my stimpaks trying to bring him down, and luckily I brought a ton of both. On the bright side, it seriously lessened my inventory weight. (This was all when I was on my own yesterday.)

Insert Expletives in Awe and Feat Here

The Mutant May be Super, but The Sheepsquatch is Legendary

"I heard you was talkin' s---"

The Apex Predator

Please don't kill me...

"Fight me, bro."

The beast is no more

Stay tuned for more adventures from the plaaaaaaceee...I BELOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG!

WEST VIRGINIAAAAAAAA! MOUNTAIN MAAAAMAAAAAAAAAA! Take me home, country roads.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 18 2020, 10:46 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RaderOfTheLostArk   West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding   Jul 2 2020, 11:32 PM
SubRosa   Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so...   Jul 2 2020, 11:57 PM
Renee   That is also one thing, I watched a let's play...   Jul 3 2020, 12:49 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   And here comes the first batch of screens. I haven...   Jul 4 2020, 08:22 PM
Acadian   Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and b...   Jul 5 2020, 01:04 AM
SubRosa   It's neat to see 76. It looks a lot like Fallo...   Jul 5 2020, 01:14 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I like her bowler. Cute. Also, what the hell kind...   Jul 5 2020, 02:07 AM
SubRosa   Also, what the hell kind of armor is that in “M...   Jul 5 2020, 03:46 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   [url=http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...   Jul 6 2020, 01:31 AM
Renee   West Virginia does look good. :cake: The lack of o...   Jul 6 2020, 10:40 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Speaking of which, I wonder when we will get a ga...   Jul 6 2020, 03:31 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and ...   Jul 6 2020, 10:45 PM
SubRosa   The Grafton Monster? That is not one I have ever h...   Jul 6 2020, 11:21 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   What is that thing in “A Legend made Real”?...   Jul 6 2020, 11:47 PM
SubRosa   I did some googling, and it is a cryptid in West V...   Jul 7 2020, 12:06 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I did some googling, and it is a cryptid in West ...   Jul 7 2020, 01:46 AM
SubRosa   [quote name='SubRosa' post='327840' date='Jul 6 2...   Jul 7 2020, 03:33 AM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Probably Kid Rock or Ted Nugent drunk in the wood...   Jul 7 2020, 09:47 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Particularly @Renee since she asked, but for anyon...   Jul 7 2020, 10:32 PM
Renee   That does sound neat, how there are so few people ...   Jul 13 2020, 01:06 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the background...   Jul 17 2020, 08:30 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the backgroun...   Jul 18 2020, 04:33 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   “Hellllloooo Nurse!” from Animaniacs? I...   Aug 10 2020, 08:23 PM
SubRosa   Wow, for a moment I thought that Piper was in the ...   Jul 17 2020, 08:42 PM
Renee   I have no idea what Hellooo Nurse is from, but I s...   Jul 18 2020, 02:13 PM
SubRosa   That is a wendigo? It looks like a ghoul. Mariah...   Aug 10 2020, 08:55 PM
SubRosa   Nothing is real here. Now that is spooky. It remin...   Dec 19 2020, 04:07 AM
Renee   Ah, that is where radtoads come from. :huh: Yuck. ...   Dec 22 2020, 09:43 PM
Kane   Amos, former Vault 76 Resident Heading to Morgant...   Jun 1 2021, 01:51 PM
Renee   Amos looks like the guy who changed my car's o...   Jun 1 2021, 04:41 PM
SubRosa   Amos looks like Robert Downey Jr. to me. Keep that...   Jun 1 2021, 09:47 PM
Kane   He does kinda have some Tony Stark vibes, eh? I co...   Jun 2 2021, 12:13 PM
Kane   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come t...   Jun 3 2021, 12:13 PM
SubRosa   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come ...   Jun 3 2021, 05:35 PM
SubRosa   Not sure I want to cross that bridge when I come ...   Jun 3 2021, 11:37 PM
RaderOfTheLostArk   Ah, so the Kane-meister has found his way to Appal...   Jun 6 2021, 04:45 AM
Renee   Shesus this game is freeking gorgeous. :wub: Every...   Jun 3 2021, 01:42 PM
Pseron Wyrd   also Fallout 4. Fallout 4 is my favorite Fallou...   Jun 3 2021, 02:46 PM
Renee   Cool. That endorsement for FO4 carries weight. Ano...   Jun 3 2021, 03:02 PM
Pseron Wyrd   Another few of those will edge my decision. Her...   Jun 3 2021, 04:05 PM
Renee   Ha ha funny. ;) I'll count those two extra end...   Jun 3 2021, 04:57 PM
Pseron Wyrd   Xbox 1 or PS4? I've never owned or played o...   Jun 3 2021, 05:55 PM
Kane   Fallout 4 is also my favorite, but to be fair I...   Jun 3 2021, 05:10 PM
Kane   I played on PS4 before building my PC and it ran j...   Jun 3 2021, 06:28 PM
Kane   Not sure, TBH. Hoping to head that way next time I...   Jun 4 2021, 12:09 AM
Kane   I'm easy to find, too. :P I was able to transf...   Jun 6 2021, 03:30 PM
Kane   Bombs away! Sunset Appalachia is[i] huge [u...   Jun 26 2021, 01:42 AM
Renee   Lovely. :wub:   Jun 26 2021, 01:44 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 01:18 PM