Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I Need Help, Main Quest
1234king
post Feb 24 2006, 06:09 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

O.K. im in the ushiluku ancestrial tomb or w/e but i cant find the bonebiter bow and im at the very end of the tomb

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Decrepit
post Dec 2 2022, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I'm of absolutely real help to you, since I've not touched Morrowind since it was new and shiny, and if memory serves didn't mess with modding beyond a home for my character. What Morrowind data do you hope to preserve, should you decide to reinstall? If it's only save-files, won't a new install recognize and load those saves, assuming they don't contain coding from a now-gone mod that simply must be present for compatibility? I know I can transfer saves without issue when I update DFU. Then again, my DFU is mods are almost wholly graphics improvements, which don't (or shouldn't) affect gameplay.

If that is indeed the case, find where those saves are kept, then make backups of them, stored in a "safe" area on your PC. If uninstalling the game deletes those saves, which it might not, you can restore your backups to their original location. But again, this is just me guessing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 2 2022, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 2 2022, 01:30 AM) *

If it's only save-files, won't a new install recognize and load those saves, assuming they don't contain coding from a now-gone mod that simply must be present for compatibility? I know I can transfer saves without issue when I update DFU. Then again, my DFU is mods are almost wholly graphics improvements, which don't (or shouldn't) affect gameplay.

I haven't had problems with mods that's been removed, I just click Continue or whatever the box that pops up says and from there I can load a save as normal. Of course, if a mod is required...

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 06:17 PM