Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The stories so far, Edited and ready to roll.
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #61

Agent

OK, this thread will contain any and all stories that are posted on the geocities site and labelled as edited. These babies we don't have to worry about until it actually comes time to stick em in the game.

I will sort out this thread... in other words, please do NOT post up stories yourself... it could lead to multiple copies which could prove problematic later.

Also, please keep posts in this thread to a minimum. This is mainly just a place where people have quick and easy (although not necessarily organised) access to the stories already finished with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #62

Agent

Section: Arcane Text

Written by Aldrina Dead-Lover (Willybubba)

A Necromancer’s Guide to the Empire

By Aldrina Dead-Lover

Introduction

In the Era of the Third Empire, a necromancer finds its way no easier than in previous days. The ruling body in Cyrodiil, while possessing limited intelligence when it comes to the use of the dead, allows the backward provinces to maintain their archaic beliefs about the dead. With such primitive beliefs hampering a necromancer’s exploration of the art, it seemed only fair that I should level the playing field by providing a guide to practicing this so-called dark magic in the provinces of Tamriel.

A Hidden War

During my three hundred year stint of life in Tamriel, I have come across many secrets. It may shock some beginners of this art to realize that there is in fact a faction that dedicates itself to overcoming Arkay’s Law and Arkay’s Blessing. Yes, you think this is impossible. However, their plan is clever, and does not directly try to overcome these barriers. I suggest you read Arkay the Enemy, and count yourself among the missionaries of the King of Worms, for surely he is the founder of this cult. We have nothing to lose by helping such a mission, and therefore must do so, in order to establish ourselves and overcome the oppression of the provincial cultures.

Black Marsh

The Argonians of Black Marsh are rather tribal, but will take to strangers if you grease their dry, scaly hands with a septim or two. While this is true, it is highly suggested not to venture far from the coast. Often you can acquire a couple bodies through outright murder of the guides you hire to show you around, or by “assisting” clans with their tribal warfare. Though killing one’s guide can only be suggested when one is familiar with the region. Tribal warfare is random at best, and occurs much less after the Empire’s occupation. Apart from the dangers of the dark swamplands, Argonians have been known to spread disease, whether it is accidental or purposeful is yet to be proven. There are also rumors that they will eat outsiders. The acidic waters here provide an excellent source for skeletal bodies. These are some of the easiest creatures to summon, and it simply requires that you leave a dead body for about two weeks time. Upon return a pile of bones will be ready to be engineered into a reliable and hardy minion.

Elsweyr

The Khajiit are actually easier going than the Argonians. In the jungle regions one meets similar problems as in Black Marsh, but the desert is a valuable resource to necromancers. Khajiits mark their graves with simple stones, which are often easy to spot, and seem to care very little if they are dug up. Not only this, but the dry desert preserves bodies naturally, and in a way that rivals that of the best Sload techniques. Not only this, but I myself have purchased bodies at various port towns. The Khajiit may charge a pretty septim for them at times, but often the druggies can be tempted with moon sugar. This is one of the easiest areas to practice necromancy.

Valenwood

The Bosmer are a dreadful little people. Hated by many and with good reason. The filthy wretches, though not performing Arkay’s rituals, often devour their foes. Not only this, but they hate Necromancers. This ignorant behavior makes practicing our art in Valenwood difficult to say the least. Not only that, but the woods of Valenwood provide many dangers and hazards. Coupled with the Bosmer, and it is not worth even a skilled necromancers time to attempt practicing in this region.

Summerset Isle

The Altmer study the bodies of the dead, not to resurrect them, but to extend their own lives. While a rich High Elf may be able to get by with necromancy, any other will suffer great punishment for their occupation. These people are not as primitive as the Bosmer, and perform Arkay’s rituals, making bodies hard to come by. This is another region best avoided unless you are yourself one of the Golden Skinned People.

Hammerfell

Worship of Arkay is strongest, and bodies hard to come by. The terrain is dangerous however, and poorly preserved bodies can be found in remote regions, or after large battles. This is another region that isn’t too promising for necromancers.

Orsinium

It’s been long since I’ve left my chambers, I am not even sure if this is an official province of the Empire. I remember hearing a delegation was sent to try to come to a deal with the Orcs, and I only hope that it was successful. If it was, then we should find an abundance of the durable Orcish corpses so coveted by many necromancers.

High Rock

Northern High Rock offers few corpses due to the cremation of dead bodies, and many in the South are buried following Arkay’s Rituals. However, it was rumored that bodies of criminals in Daggerfall may be donated to necromancy in order to deter pirates in this lawless region. The winter months find bodies rather well preserved, but hard to find. The Breton clans still war with each other, and bodies can be stolen from the battlefield afterwards. If nothing else, discreet murder can serve its purpose in the backwater province.

Skyrim
The cold provides preservation for Nordic dead of exposure or battle, but snow can make them difficult to locate. The weather also contributes to less travel and therefore makes it rather easy to hide in the mountainous terrain. I have dedicated much time of late to a spell to magically detect dead bodies, but have yet to yield promising results.

Morrowind

The Dunmer practice a form of necromancy, but the dirty hypocrites persecute all other forms. However, we find a unique advantage in this province that no other offers. This is the only province in which slavery is legal, and nearly any race of slave can be purchased. As long as one is careful to hide one’s true intent, slaves provide useful live subjects to test spells, and afterwards make wonderful specimens for our art. So long as one is not found out it provides a unique opportunity to study.

Cyrodiil

Necromancy is illegal in Cyrodiil without the owner’s consent. So, if one cannot obtain the bodies of dead criminals, which the Empire donates, one must simply forge a document proclaiming consent of the use of a body. This provides the easiest way to practice necromancy. It is suggested that necromancers study on the Cyrodiil-Elsweyr border. This provides a lot of bodies with few repercussions, if any.

Other Regions

Thras is the land of the Sload. These people likely only practice necromancy on other races. They don’t take well to outsiders, and most Tamrielians hate them just as much. While they are a despicable race of creatures, they have been practicing necromancy unhindered for centuries. It is a shame we cannot somehow spy on them.
Akaviri is a land of beasts that will eat men or mer. Nothing is known of their dead, and I have never heard of one being used after death. It seems to me that they could make powerful servants. Next time they invade we should stand ready to capture their dead.

Closing

This is what I know of the various regions. There are more areas that may provide unique challenges and benefits to necromancers, but I have heard little of them, and spent even less time there. I would leave you with a list of books you may find useful; Book of Life and Service, Corpse Preparation V. I-III, Legions of Dead, N’Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis!, and Notes on Racial Phylogeny, among others. I wish you luck in your endeavors, and may this guide serve you well.

This post has been edited by Troika: Mar 13 2006, 05:42 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Troika   The stories so far   Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Corryn (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:11 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Caen Argu (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Troika   Section: Biographies & Autobiographies Writte...   Mar 13 2006, 05:13 PM
Troika   Section: Diaries & Logbooks Written by Blade ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:14 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:16 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:30 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Writen by Jaeld Alteir (Ja...   Mar 13 2006, 05:31 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Written by Dan Cellot (Sta...   Mar 13 2006, 05:34 PM
Troika   Section: Foundres' Fates Written by Corryn (C...   Mar 13 2006, 05:35 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Re-Lan (A...   Mar 13 2006, 05:37 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Blade (Lo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:38 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Various S...   Mar 13 2006, 05:40 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:41 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Phaen (Phaen)...   Mar 13 2006, 05:48 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Unknown (Argo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:49 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & riddles Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:52 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Pedrias G...   Mar 13 2006, 05:53 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Nevral Te...   Mar 13 2006, 05:55 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Unknown (s...   Mar 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by M'Ainp...   Mar 13 2006, 06:00 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Polonius R...   Mar 13 2006, 06:03 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Tis'Nael (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:06 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Stagerunner (Stargate52...   Mar 13 2006, 06:07 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Corryn (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:08 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Rhense (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:11 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Unknown (Yi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:14 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Jules (Star...   Mar 13 2006, 06:15 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Maloki Frun...   Mar 13 2006, 06:16 PM
Troika   [B]Section: Poetry & Song Written by Common D...   Mar 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Troika   Section: Race-specific Text Written by Tillius Hu...   Mar 13 2006, 06:19 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Le-Ran (Argonians Rul...   Mar 13 2006, 06:20 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Xerxys (Troika) The ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:24 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:25 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Superum Lucretia Vict...   Mar 13 2006, 06:26 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balorduin the Sage (J...   Mar 13 2006, 06:27 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:28 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Avis) Harnt...   Mar 13 2006, 06:29 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Keric Du Tahrellian (...   Mar 13 2006, 06:30 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Sedath Dun (weakmaste...   Mar 13 2006, 06:32 PM
Troika   Section: Stories The Worshipper of Boethiah Par...   Mar 13 2006, 06:33 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:36 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:37 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:38 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:39 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balgor Serranium (Pin...   Mar 13 2006, 06:40 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ferrin Trieteip (Mich...   Mar 13 2006, 06:41 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Stars-Night (Stargate...   Mar 13 2006, 06:42 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:43 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Franc Kaos) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Hemal Navonne (TSBasi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:49 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Raithen Arthat (raith...   Mar 13 2006, 06:50 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ralik (Perseus) Lov...   Mar 13 2006, 06:51 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Vutier (Perseus) A ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:52 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Sun's-Day (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 06:53 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Serene (Minque) Ser...   Mar 13 2006, 06:54 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Arden Faugher (Masaya...   Mar 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (WillyBubba) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:00 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:01 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:02 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Re-Lan (Argonians rul...   Mar 13 2006, 07:03 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Thi'netel (Corryn...   Mar 13 2006, 07:05 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (niceguy5) T...   Mar 13 2006, 07:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:50 PM