Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The stories so far, Edited and ready to roll.
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Agent

OK, this thread will contain any and all stories that are posted on the geocities site and labelled as edited. These babies we don't have to worry about until it actually comes time to stick em in the game.

I will sort out this thread... in other words, please do NOT post up stories yourself... it could lead to multiple copies which could prove problematic later.

Also, please keep posts in this thread to a minimum. This is mainly just a place where people have quick and easy (although not necessarily organised) access to the stories already finished with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Agent

Section: Stories

Written by Sedath Dun (weakmasterofunivrerse)

The Worshipper of Boethiah
Part 1
The Truth about the White Katana of High Rock
Sedath Dun

This book of facts starts with the birth of a certain man named Kiu. He was born to paupers working for the local rulers. He grew up living a humble life with two sisters and a brother. But one day, his quiet life was violently interrupted by his house being broken into by Aldmeri assassins. They killed his father, but not before his father told Kiu one last thing: the secret his family had kept for ages.
His father directed him to a strongbox in the corner of the room. Kiu’s father gave him the key, and then the Noble Treserk of Daggerfell, father of Kiu of Daggerfell, died. Kiu dropped the key after he saw his father’s body grow limp. Wishing to fulfill his father’s last wish, Kiu picked the key back up. It took all his confidence and courage he could muster, but he opened the chest to find an old dusty tome with Deadric letters on the front. He opened it to find the letters written in his own tongue, and so he read the peculiar book:
Under Great stress, you will find it;
Under great pressure, you will find it;
The one of them all;
The sacred blade;
Of the one who forged this nation;
You will find the blade of White.
Kiu read this scripture with great interest, wondering what it meant. He read further in the tome to find that it will be found in a renowned area. So Kiu walked out of his house to the street. He thought to himself, “If this Belonged to my father, then my grandfather must know of this story.”
He made it to his Grandfather’s hut in the hills and asked him about the tome. His grandfather took out another tome which looked exactly the same; except, it had almost no ware. Kiu took it happily and took to the road. He opened the Tome to find it with more clues about the ‘Sacred Blade’. The tome mentioned a place that would rival Daggerfell in the future. It also mentioned it being a city by a river; but Kiu had no idea ‘which’ river it was talking about.
He walked back to Daggerfell to find the gates barred shut. “It seems that the attack on father had been reported,” thought Kiu. He walked past the city to the docks and talked to one of the guards there to learn that there was a recent string of assassinations by a group of fervent Malacath worshippers. Kiu walked to the docks to find a boat to take him to the mouth of the Bjoulsae River to start his search there.
His first impression when he got there was that it was a backwater. The city was about as big as his clan’s farm. As he walked through the town, people around him kept giving him stares like he was the enemy. Kiu went into a stone house and saw a man of a different stock, most likely from the tropical rainforests of the godforsaken Cyrodil Region. Kiu walked up to him and asked him,” Do you know of any burial grounds or dungeons around here?” The burly Imperial replied,” Yes, but it is only accessible to those I sanction.”
Then Kiu noticed a book on the desk that had the same markings as his father’s book. His next question was, “Do you know a man by the name of Treserk of Daggerfell?” The man stepped back in surprise, and answered, “Who are you? Why do you ask these questions?”
“I am Kiu of Daggerfell, son of Treserk of Daggerfell. Now it is my turn: what is your name and why do you have that book and how do you know my father?”
The Imperial, which later Kiu found that his name was Qertas Jinter, told him of the order he and Kiu’s father were apart of. They were the protectors of a relic of great power: the White Armour of the Black Marsh and the White Katana of High Rock. These artifacts, if wielded by one person, could shape the continent of Tamriel. He went on about a dungeon of little renown; it was hardly even known to the locals.
“My tome has what is needed. It has the complete map to the dungeon, but the only way into the dungeon is by the blood of the Noble One, the one destined to hold its contents.” Kiu thought on this and remembered a passage from his father’s tome:
The one child of many;
The one child of a Noble forgotten;
The one Child of a Protector;
Shall find the Power;
Lying in himself.

“Qertas, I believe I am the one; read this passage. It works perfectly; I am a child of many, I am a child of Protector, and a child of a Noble forgotten.” Qertas looked at Kiu like he was crazy. But he picked himself up and replied, “Well, it’s worth a try. The dungeon is north of here. I suggest you get some locals to come with you for protection. This book will tell us where the White Katana is but not where the danger is.”
Kiu and Qertas walked out and looked around at the locals and found some younger warriors willing to follow them in their expedition. The walk to the dungeon took them longer then expected, but they still got there before a day went by. Kiu and Qertas noticed that the locals were spooked by the dungeon, for the locals supposedly thought that this place was pure evil and that it was cursed by the gods.
Kiu and Qertas ignored them and proceeded to the door. Qertas recited some text from his tome:
”Only the touch of the one will break the bind;
The bind of stone magic;
For his touch shall warm the stones of the evil;
And lift the burden from the people.”
Kiu extended his hand to the door and touched the ice cold stone. Suddenly, while everyone watched, the door started melting. It started flowing down into a tube made of a peculiar white metal. Kiu was the first to step through and noticed something different about the dungeon; it was not all stone like most were, but made out of hedge and tree roots. He walked on through, with the others following and found a door made of what seemed to be steel.
“Qertas, do you know what this door is made of?”
“I am not sure, but it seems to be made of silver.” He went on to say,” It looks likes it has runes from Snow Elves imbedded in it.”
Kiu proceeded to open, and to his surprise and his companions’ surprise, it was Snow Elf enclave. Kiu walked through to find a local and asked, “What is this place?”
“This is the grove of the White Katana. It is here where the Protectors reside. And for one thing, how did you get here? It is impossible to get here through that way. Unless…..” The man suddenly stopped and called for the guard. Kiu noticed the guards wearing a suit of what seemed polished silver; almost white in the light. The guards took them to the tower overlooking the whole settlement and threw them down in front of a long table of what seemed wise men.
“You, newcomers, how did you find your way in here?” asked the one sitting on the very edge.
“We came through the stone door.”
“You mean the sacred door of Boethiah; the door that is to be only broken through by the chosen one?”
“Yes, I came here to take the White Katana.”
“WHAT!?!?! You must be crazy! That weapon is meant for one person only, the son of Treserk of Daggerfell.” said the stout Wood Elf sitting at the far end of the council table. Kiu replied,” I am the son of Treserk of Daggerfell, for I am Kiu of Daggerfell.” There was great clamor among the counsel members, all wondering if he was telling the truth. Then Qertas spoke up, “This is the man that has been destined to wield the White Katana. He fits in with all the prophecies.” The Counsel jumped back in surprise from these words.” Qertas? We thought that you had died many years ago, but it seems you are alive. Tell me this: why do you put your faith behind this man? Isn’t your tribe enemies of his people?” asked the Head of the Counsel. Qertas replied, “This man has lived up to the prophecies, and he is from a Noble family. I suggest we at least consult Boethiah about this.”
The next morning, after everyone had a good night’s rest, they started to recite the invocations of Boethiah. Within the second invocation, the Lord Boethiah appeared before them.” This man is the one. He is the only being on this continent able to wield the White Katana with my blessing. This is what I ask: That he will be led to the other artifact, the White Armour of the Black Marsh. With these two artifacts, he shall own Tamriel in short time. Now, release him from this place, and bring him to the Path of Destined.”
The Counsel sat back after that and pondered on what she had said. The Head of the Counsel, said to Kiu, “You will be led to the path of destiny by my daughter, Aerdbe. She will lead you to the Path of Destiny, and you will go on your own from there. Here is something that will lead you through the paths, if you are the one.” The Head of Counsel reached out his hand and opened it, showing a sparkling amulet. “It is the Amulet of the White Light. It will guide you to it if you are true.”
After saying goodbye, Kiu and his companions’ set off for the place of meeting for their guide. When they got there, Kiu was amazed to find her to be a fellow Wood Elf. He was dumbstruck by her complexion; he thought of her as being divine. He stumbled with his words, but finally found what he wanted, “Where is this fabled Path?”
Aerdbe instantly noticed that he was staring at her and stumbling. She wondered about this, but came back after hearing his question. “It is this way, past our Grove and into the darkness.” Kiu and his companions followed her as she led them to what seemed like a wall, but when they became closer they noticed the door. “Here is the door to the caverns. But I warn you; the things down there are all out to kill the chosen one. Each one is a test to see if you can handle the responsibility of holding the White Katana.” Kiu looked back at her with confidence and pride in his eyes, and Aerdbe got the sign. She opened the door and Kiu entered. He found himself in a dark cavern, with no light whatsoever. He took out the Amulet the lead Elder had given to him, and it shone as bright as any torch. He looked back, hoping to see his group of Bretons and Qertas, but no one was behind him.
Kiu was a little spooked, but he kept going in deeper to the center of the Path, with his light guiding him. His first test was the most obvious: being able to fend for himself. A Dremora jumped right in front of Kiu while he was walking. Kiu lifted up his light to blind the Dremora and then drew his ebony longsword to do the final blow. He stabbed through its abdomen, instantly killing it. The Dremora turned to dust while falling.
As Kiu walked on, he noticed a shadow behind him, constantly changing. Kiu then unsheathed his weapon and walked back. He was startled by the thing he saw. It was a stout man, with hardly any muscle. “What are you doing here?!?!” asked Kiu in surprise.
“I came here from the Grove and am in need of some assistance. These monsters have been attacking me on and off. Do you have any health potions on you?” Kiu thought about this request, and decided finally to give him his health potion. Right when the stout man took the potion, he turned into an Iron Atronach and instantly swung his fist right at Kiu’s head. Kiu was able to dodge the first blow, but not the second. The Iron Atronach’s fist hit him right in the chest. Kiu went back against the wall, feeling beaten.
But then he saw a light coming; with shadows of what seemed to be men behind it. Kiu mustered the rest of his strength and gave the monster a mortal blow, through the heart. It fell down on its knees dead. But then Kiu went totally blank and fainted.
Kiu woke to find himself in a beautiful palace, full of gold ornaments. “He’s awake, Master Refreh.” Said what seemed to be a Bosmer.
”Where am I? What am I doing here?”
“Don’t worry. This is the Sanctus. We’ll help you from here.”
“But what about the dungeon, and the man and the…..”
“Don’t worry. You have made it through the Path of Destiny. It is now your time to take the White Katana.”
Kiu got up, and instantly noticed his injury from the Iron Atronach, but he kept walking. The Bosmer led him to what seemed to be an oracle of some sorts. She led him down a staircase which led to a garden. In the very center of it was a gleaming white sword. Kiu limped up to it and grabbed the scabbard. He pulled out the sword, and started his destiny.

The End
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Troika   The stories so far   Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Aldrina Dead-Love...   Mar 13 2006, 05:10 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Corryn (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:11 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Caen Argu (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Troika   Section: Biographies & Autobiographies Writte...   Mar 13 2006, 05:13 PM
Troika   Section: Diaries & Logbooks Written by Blade ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:14 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:16 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:30 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Writen by Jaeld Alteir (Ja...   Mar 13 2006, 05:31 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Written by Dan Cellot (Sta...   Mar 13 2006, 05:34 PM
Troika   Section: Foundres' Fates Written by Corryn (C...   Mar 13 2006, 05:35 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Re-Lan (A...   Mar 13 2006, 05:37 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Blade (Lo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:38 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Various S...   Mar 13 2006, 05:40 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:41 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Phaen (Phaen)...   Mar 13 2006, 05:48 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Unknown (Argo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:49 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & riddles Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:52 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Pedrias G...   Mar 13 2006, 05:53 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Nevral Te...   Mar 13 2006, 05:55 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Unknown (s...   Mar 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by M'Ainp...   Mar 13 2006, 06:00 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Polonius R...   Mar 13 2006, 06:03 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Tis'Nael (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:06 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Stagerunner (Stargate52...   Mar 13 2006, 06:07 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Corryn (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:08 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Rhense (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:11 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Unknown (Yi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:14 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Jules (Star...   Mar 13 2006, 06:15 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Maloki Frun...   Mar 13 2006, 06:16 PM
Troika   [B]Section: Poetry & Song Written by Common D...   Mar 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Troika   Section: Race-specific Text Written by Tillius Hu...   Mar 13 2006, 06:19 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Le-Ran (Argonians Rul...   Mar 13 2006, 06:20 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Xerxys (Troika) The ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:24 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:25 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Superum Lucretia Vict...   Mar 13 2006, 06:26 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balorduin the Sage (J...   Mar 13 2006, 06:27 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:28 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Avis) Harnt...   Mar 13 2006, 06:29 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Keric Du Tahrellian (...   Mar 13 2006, 06:30 PM
Troika   Section: Stories The Worshipper of Boethiah Par...   Mar 13 2006, 06:33 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:36 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:37 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:38 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:39 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balgor Serranium (Pin...   Mar 13 2006, 06:40 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ferrin Trieteip (Mich...   Mar 13 2006, 06:41 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Stars-Night (Stargate...   Mar 13 2006, 06:42 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:43 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Franc Kaos) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Hemal Navonne (TSBasi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:49 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Raithen Arthat (raith...   Mar 13 2006, 06:50 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ralik (Perseus) Lov...   Mar 13 2006, 06:51 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Vutier (Perseus) A ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:52 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Sun's-Day (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 06:53 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Serene (Minque) Ser...   Mar 13 2006, 06:54 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Arden Faugher (Masaya...   Mar 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (WillyBubba) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:00 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:01 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:02 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Re-Lan (Argonians rul...   Mar 13 2006, 07:03 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Thi'netel (Corryn...   Mar 13 2006, 07:05 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (niceguy5) T...   Mar 13 2006, 07:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 10:14 PM