Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The stories so far, Edited and ready to roll.
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Agent

OK, this thread will contain any and all stories that are posted on the geocities site and labelled as edited. These babies we don't have to worry about until it actually comes time to stick em in the game.

I will sort out this thread... in other words, please do NOT post up stories yourself... it could lead to multiple copies which could prove problematic later.

Also, please keep posts in this thread to a minimum. This is mainly just a place where people have quick and easy (although not necessarily organised) access to the stories already finished with.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Agent

Section: Stories

Written by Forrest (Forrest_Roberts)

Thunder
Part Three of Adanjar

By Forrest

Rain's Hand 18th, Nine at Night

Alabaster, Elsweyr 2E 175

"Come on Adanjar. We're leaving! I won't let you stay with this filthy
creature!" But before Adanjar could say anything M'nasha spurted out "No way. You
aren't taking my daughter. If you leave the family, Ajirab, then you leave Adanjar
too. Adanjar you're staying here right?"
Adanjar was sobbing hysterically. She wiped the tears from her eyes, and then
looked at both her parents. Her mother with the pack slung over shoulder with
the friendly, loving mother-hood look on her face. Her father stood with the bold,
kind, loving feature. Confused beyond belief, Adanjar turned and ran to her
room. She grabbed her journal and quill pen, and then she shot out the back door. Both
her parents followed her out, but it was dark and the rain kept them from seeing
anything.
"Well I hope you’re happy. You've scared off my daughter!" Ajirab said scowling
at M'nasha. "I did? You were the one going crazy back there! How could she make
a decision like that?" M'nasha said in reply. "If you remember you were the one
who asked her." With that Ajirab slung the pack over her shoulder and walked out
the front door into the rain. "And where will you go?" M'nasha asked. "Wouldn't
you like to know?" Ajirab shouted back. Ajirab slammed the door.
The rain was heavy, and Ajirab knew she wouldn't be able to find her daughter
when it was this dark. Adanjar would probably go to her uncle's house. The only thing
was that Adanjar didn't know that M'nashan was a moon sugar addict. He had
gotten himself in debt and left for High Rock. He left his house and belongings where
they were and took off in the middle of the night. So Adanjar would not have
anyone in Rimmen. The only other place for her to go would be Valenwood where
Qa'Bakha lived.
The thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. Ajirab walked to the Topal Bay
docks and got on a boat to Anvil. From there, she could ride horse-back to
Arenthia, where Adanjar was most likely to go.

The rain splashed on the roof and the thunder rumbled, and for once, in a long
time M'nasha was the poorest man alive. M'nasha had no where to go. He had to
be out of the house by tomorrow morning because had bet everything he owned, the
stores, the house, all his belongings. "I guess I deserved it. Ajirab always told
me that my gambling problem would be the end of us. She was right." he said to
himself quietly.
M'nasha grabbed a piece of paper and wrote on it "Dro'Sakhari, the door is
unlocked. Everything is yours. There is a spare key in the basement. Take good
care of the manor. I'm leaving for Windhelm tonight. I've always wanted to go to
the frigid north." Then he signed it M'nasha. He stepped outside where he shut the door and
pinned the note on the door. He then headed towards the docks, seeing his wife
step onto the boat that would take her to Valenwood.

Rain's Hand 21st, Eight in the Morning

Remains of Arenthia, Valenwood

Adanjar was walking down the pathway when she saw a sign saying “Welcome to
Arenthia.” She had a confused look on her face because she saw no city. After
looking closely at the ground she saw rubble, ash, and nails covering a big area.
All at once she realized that she was in Arenthia. It had burned till there was
only a trace of evidence that there was a city here once before.
Slumping to the ground, Adanjar burst into tears. Qa'Bakha was her last
stronghold. Now she truly had no where to go. Wait. There was still her uncle in
Camlorn. High Rock was far away, but what other choice did she have?
Feeling she had nothing else to do, Adanjar opened her journal and pulled
out her quill pen. She took out her inkwell, pulled the cork out, and dipped her
pen in it.

Adanjar's Diary

Twenty-First Rain's Hand

Well, I arrived at Arenthia full of hopes but found the city in ashes. I
could probably walk to Anvil in Cyrodiil and get a boat there to Camlorn. I
only wish that Qa'Bakha was not in the city when it burned down, but there is
probably a small chance of that having happened.
I wonder where mother and father are. Father probably moved up north to
Skyrim or Solstheim somewhere. Mother would probably come here to Arenth...

Adanjar slammed the book shut as fast as she could. She stuck it in her pack,
and she ran around the remains of Arenthia looking for her mother's rings. She
burst into tears, fearing the worst...that her mother had burned to death. "Maybe
I'm getting ahead of myself, but mother probably never even suspected that I would
come here." she said to herself.
Adanjar sat down on the ground again and pulled out her diary and continued
where she left off.

...ia, where she would suspect I would be. But then again she probably never
came here. She might have gone to Rimme, thinking I would go to Uncle M'nashan's
house.
Well, if I want to make any progress then I need to stop writing and need to
start walking to Anvil.

Adanjar closed her diary and got up. "I have long way to go before I get to
Camlorn, and I better get started." She said to herself, finding a new sense of
pride within her.

About a mile outside of Anvil she saw a shipwreck on the shore. She ran to
it and hopped on board. She found many dead bodies on and in the ship. Deep inside
the ship she saw her mother's clothes but not her mother. She took them in her hands and
cried her eyes out in them. She could hear thunder rumbling outside and the
pitter patter of the rain hitting the deck of the ship that caused a peaceful
tranquility to come over Adanjar.

End of Part Three
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Troika   The stories so far   Mar 13 2006, 05:06 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Aldrina Dead-Love...   Mar 13 2006, 05:10 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Corryn (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:11 PM
Troika   Section: Arcane Text Written by Caen Argu (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Troika   Section: Biographies & Autobiographies Writte...   Mar 13 2006, 05:13 PM
Troika   Section: Diaries & Logbooks Written by Blade ...   Mar 13 2006, 05:14 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:16 PM
Troika   Section: Domestic Texts & Guides Written by U...   Mar 13 2006, 05:30 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Writen by Jaeld Alteir (Ja...   Mar 13 2006, 05:31 PM
Troika   Section: Factual Texts Written by Dan Cellot (Sta...   Mar 13 2006, 05:34 PM
Troika   Section: Foundres' Fates Written by Corryn (C...   Mar 13 2006, 05:35 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Re-Lan (A...   Mar 13 2006, 05:37 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Blade (Lo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:38 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Various S...   Mar 13 2006, 05:40 PM
Troika   Section: Founders' Fates Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:41 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Phaen (Phaen)...   Mar 13 2006, 05:48 PM
Troika   Section: Historical Text Written by Unknown (Argo...   Mar 13 2006, 05:49 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & riddles Written by Unknown (...   Mar 13 2006, 05:52 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Pedrias G...   Mar 13 2006, 05:53 PM
Troika   Section: Jokes & Riddles Written by Nevral Te...   Mar 13 2006, 05:55 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Vorian (Pe...   Mar 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Unknown (s...   Mar 13 2006, 05:59 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by M'Ainp...   Mar 13 2006, 06:00 PM
Troika   Section: Miscellaneous Text Written by Polonius R...   Mar 13 2006, 06:03 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Tis'Nael (Corryn) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:06 PM
Troika   Section: Plays Written by Stagerunner (Stargate52...   Mar 13 2006, 06:07 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Corryn (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:08 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Rhense (Cor...   Mar 13 2006, 06:11 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Unknown (Yi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:14 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Jules (Star...   Mar 13 2006, 06:15 PM
Troika   Section: Poetry & Song Written by Maloki Frun...   Mar 13 2006, 06:16 PM
Troika   [B]Section: Poetry & Song Written by Common D...   Mar 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Troika   Section: Race-specific Text Written by Tillius Hu...   Mar 13 2006, 06:19 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Le-Ran (Argonians Rul...   Mar 13 2006, 06:20 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Xerxys (Troika) The ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:24 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:25 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Superum Lucretia Vict...   Mar 13 2006, 06:26 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balorduin the Sage (J...   Mar 13 2006, 06:27 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:28 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Avis) Harnt...   Mar 13 2006, 06:29 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Keric Du Tahrellian (...   Mar 13 2006, 06:30 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Sedath Dun (weakmaste...   Mar 13 2006, 06:32 PM
Troika   Section: Stories The Worshipper of Boethiah Par...   Mar 13 2006, 06:33 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:36 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:38 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:39 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Balgor Serranium (Pin...   Mar 13 2006, 06:40 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ferrin Trieteip (Mich...   Mar 13 2006, 06:41 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Stars-Night (Stargate...   Mar 13 2006, 06:42 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Forrest (Forrest_Robe...   Mar 13 2006, 06:43 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (Franc Kaos) ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Hemal Navonne (TSBasi...   Mar 13 2006, 06:49 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Raithen Arthat (raith...   Mar 13 2006, 06:50 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Ralik (Perseus) Lov...   Mar 13 2006, 06:51 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Vutier (Perseus) A ...   Mar 13 2006, 06:52 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Sun's-Day (starga...   Mar 13 2006, 06:53 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Serene (Minque) Ser...   Mar 13 2006, 06:54 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Arden Faugher (Masaya...   Mar 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (WillyBubba) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:00 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:01 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (stargazey) ...   Mar 13 2006, 07:02 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Re-Lan (Argonians rul...   Mar 13 2006, 07:03 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Thi'netel (Corryn...   Mar 13 2006, 07:05 PM
Troika   Section: Stories Written by Unknown (niceguy5) T...   Mar 13 2006, 07:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 10:38 AM