Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Revan Part II- Cont., the storm on Nirm has....
Lord Revan
post Jun 8 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

The Archives have been updated, just some info on psychic focus and magnitude (explaination of psychic powers).
------

He stopped to evaluate the progress of his craftsmanship. Revan had completed his helmet, the cuirass, pauldrons, and gauntlets of his new armor in this short time.

The helmet remained largely unchanged, its visor covered slightly less area though, but Revan was confident he could fight just as well with narrowed vision.
His cuirass was thicker all around than his former one. The parts of his torso that needed to move without restraint were protected by overlapping segments of a refined sapphire-like substance. A chunk of cobalt focusing crystal lay above where the wearer’s sternum would be.

The pauldrons resembled those of Dunmer chitin. Two small crystal fragments were embedded in identical slots that Revan had carved into them.
Another pass-over from his old armor was the gauntlet design, with a few exceptions. Like the pauldrons, both gauntlets had common focusing crystals integrated. Revan had lost his energy blades in the explosion; he hoped learn from that lesson and utilize the High Naryyn technique. I am half High Naryyn after all… He thought dryly.

The completed pieces lay neatly arranged on the floor beside him. Now that he’d stopped, Revan realized that he had not eaten in..... quite awhile.
“So, this is where you’ve been.” Rhys said as she sat down next to him.

Revan set down the yet-to-be-finished greaves. “I apologize for leaving you in bed, but I needed to do something constructive and you needed the rest.”

She glared at him theatrically, “And you don’t?” Striking him playfully in the chest, Rhys teased. “Who’s braver? The people in fancy armor or those that fight without it?”

“Don’t tempt me to prove you wrong, Rhys.” Revan replied with a smile on his face. “Or you might just run out of luck.”

Her own face adorned by the same expression. “You couldn’t touch me, let alone beat me in a fight.”
“Is that a challenge?” He asked as he stood up. “Because, I’ll take you up on that..... after I get something to eat.”

Rhys got up as well, “I won’t go easy on you just because you happen to be my friend, Ahtre’Mehrah.”

Rhys....

The Hvy. Destroyer Emphatic Judgment sat just outside the borders of Sadrith Mora. The capital-class ship dwarfed the Telvaani town beside it.

Rhys’ eyes wandered a bit, having only been to House Telvaani’s domain briefly before now, their distinct traits were still new to her.
Revan paid more attention to the sky and its occupants. Several frigates, destroyers and High Naryyn missile frigates patrolled the nearby airspace.

A small squad of interceptors was visible, swooping low over the sea in close formation. “Since you seem to know this place better, perhaps you should lead."
"Fair enough, though I believe non-Telvaani still require Hospitality Papers..."

"We're just two exceptions, that along with a couple dozen more won't drive some Telvaani lord nuts." She joked lightly.
"Believe me, some Telvaani are nuts to begin with. But that doesn't make them less interesting." Revan said in a tone that told he knew all too well.

The two noticed a gathering of Virtarak around a certain localation: the Sadrith Mora Slave Market. While being some distance from the gathering, Rhys could feel the mood. She promptly closed herself from the powerful emotions.

Revan extended his mental probe, taking in every element of the scene. "This isn't good." He muttured, before marching toward the spectacle.
Rhys followed, knowing what her companion meant. The Virtarak crowd was not armed, which was good, but they were displaying their views on the trade of "inferior races." The mob would advance, leap back in unison, and then advance further, all the while hissing threatening at the Telvaani guards.

As Revan approached the flock from behind, several broke off rapidly to scoop up their discarded weapons. Seeing this, he lashed out, causing said weapons to launch into the air. The Virtarak skidded to a halt, mid-sprint, making ready to leap after the flying rifles.

Rhys didn't want this to become violent anymore than Revan did. She projected her thoughts to the avian aliens. "Fighting isn't going to do any good; it will only give us more enemies when we need only one!"

The mob came to an abrupt halt in their cycle, their heads scanned the area for the speaker. When they noticed the two of them, one thought became very apparent. "This can not continue, but for now we shall stand down in our defense, Naryyn."

All Virtarak cleared out, leaving the only occupants as the Telvaani guards and the two Naryyn. The former appeared to be confused as to the sudden withdrawl. As Rhys and Revan walked past them to Wolverine Hall, Revan said to one of the guards. "A word of warning: don't be around here for the next few weeks; if you want not to be the target of the Virtaraks' fury."

The guards said nothing, so both moved on. "Do you think the Virtarak really will resort to violence?"
"Anything is possible," he replied. "We can only read the scroll, not rewrite it."

Both were silent until, Rhys muttured. "Some scuttle and saltrice would be really good right now."
Revan nodded, "Same here. Hopefully, there will be a buffet and no pay required..... otherwise we could just make some food go missing."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lord Revan   Revan Part II- Cont.   Jun 8 2007, 05:00 PM
jack cloudy   They're not very happy with slavery, that much...   Jun 8 2007, 08:13 PM
The Metal Mallet   So another writer has filled a thread eh? That do...   Jun 8 2007, 10:23 PM
Lord Revan   I believe that this is one of my longer updates......   Jun 11 2007, 06:29 PM
jack cloudy   That's one heck of a nuke. (It isn't a nuk...   Jun 11 2007, 07:17 PM
The Metal Mallet   Crowded indeed. I'm actually curious about wh...   Jun 12 2007, 01:05 AM
Lord Revan   That would be the real ship-bound Construct 853-70...   Jun 12 2007, 01:16 AM
Lord Revan   Well, here's what started 7:00 yesterday -----...   Jun 13 2007, 10:42 PM
The Metal Mallet   More weaving storylines. Things are going to get ...   Jun 14 2007, 10:53 PM
jack cloudy   Good work. Now lemme guess, whatever this somethin...   Jun 16 2007, 01:38 PM
Lord Revan   Maybe, thanks for giving me that possibility; I ha...   Jun 16 2007, 06:20 PM
Lord Revan   Over time the sick feeling subsided, and the lieut...   Jul 12 2007, 09:25 PM
jack cloudy   Whoohoo, an update! So Thane gets to meet Rhy...   Jul 12 2007, 09:36 PM
The Metal Mallet   And we Revan's story returns! I like Than...   Jul 12 2007, 10:29 PM
Lord Revan   Well, the Marines are rank-and-file; you can consi...   Jul 12 2007, 11:07 PM
Lord Revan   Unfortunately, I want Minque's approval before...   Jul 14 2007, 12:33 AM
minque   Unfortunately, I want Minque's approval befor...   Jul 16 2007, 06:35 PM
Lord Revan   Still, I'm not home at the moment, and no long...   Jul 17 2007, 01:49 AM
Lord Revan   *Sighs explosively* Alright, after an untold amoun...   Jul 24 2007, 09:35 PM
The Metal Mallet   Interesting meeting with the Redorans. Also glad ...   Jul 24 2007, 10:04 PM
Lord Revan   Originally, I had the battle suddenly turn into a ...   Aug 1 2007, 05:08 AM
The Metal Mallet   Hmm, help from their kinda former enemies would be...   Aug 3 2007, 08:10 PM
minque   Yes yes...we will see...now I have to wait a while...   Aug 5 2007, 10:04 PM
Lord Revan   “Construct,” Admiral Satith muttered softly. “If ...   Aug 7 2007, 06:36 AM
The Metal Mallet   Good to see Satith did something reasonable. Keep...   Aug 8 2007, 12:37 AM
Lord Revan   Since when has Mute Testimony done something under...   Aug 8 2007, 09:36 PM
Lord Revan   Okay, now the High Naryyn's fears about unrest...   Aug 13 2007, 04:53 AM
The Metal Mallet   Hehe, how fortunate for Marthyn.   Aug 13 2007, 05:51 AM
Lord Revan   Sorry for the wait, but I have to work on summer r...   Aug 24 2007, 05:35 PM
jack cloudy   I like the description of the suit's mechanism...   Aug 24 2007, 08:34 PM
Lord Revan   Well, here's a peek at the future, nothing too...   Aug 28 2007, 03:12 AM
jack cloudy   Sorry, I guess I didn't notice it that far dow...   Sep 8 2007, 10:35 AM
Lord Revan   Well, I've added the [SpecOps] troopers to the...   Sep 8 2007, 04:58 PM
treydog   Excellent atmosphere here, Lord R. The foreshadow...   Sep 17 2007, 03:09 AM
Lord Revan   Hey, I believe this is a first Treydog! :D Ye...   Sep 17 2007, 04:03 AM
Lord Revan   Rhys flew down the cargo ramp, her boots digging i...   Sep 18 2007, 03:54 AM
The Metal Mallet   Ooo, more intrigue. Looks like more problems will...   Sep 18 2007, 06:33 AM
Lord Revan   A little less action, but partial enlightenment on...   Sep 23 2007, 06:06 AM
jack cloudy   And so we learn more about Norik, and Norik learns...   Sep 23 2007, 04:09 PM
Lord Revan   Does anyone notice anything about the new characte...   Oct 10 2007, 10:00 PM
mplantinga   This story continues to be both interesting and un...   Oct 10 2007, 10:17 PM
redsrock   Great job Revan. I was just looking over some of ...   Oct 11 2007, 01:09 AM
jack cloudy   I didn't notice anything about the names, othe...   Oct 11 2007, 07:27 PM
Lord Revan   Lord Arastus Aboard the Infinite Sojourn, the anc...   Oct 19 2007, 02:19 AM
jack cloudy   It looks like both sides are preparing to make the...   Oct 19 2007, 09:03 PM
mplantinga   I'm a little worried about what it might mean ...   Oct 22 2007, 03:40 PM
Lord Revan   “Master Norik!” The envoy stirred and opened ...   Nov 10 2007, 06:59 AM
jack cloudy   More reinforcements? And here I was, thinking that...   Nov 11 2007, 08:54 PM
Lord Revan   B) Ok, I managed to break the cursed writer's ...   Jan 3 2008, 02:22 AM
jack cloudy   So....Marthyn is basically learning to blend in? I...   Jan 4 2008, 11:14 PM
Lord Revan   This is a poor excuse for an update, but I decided...   Jan 6 2008, 05:47 AM
Lord Revan   I don't mean this in a bad way, but sometimes ...   Jan 24 2008, 12:58 AM
The Metal Mallet   Things are moving nicely. Keep it up.   Jan 24 2008, 08:35 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:25 AM