Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ye Old Tavern, Innsmouth
Namaste
post May 19 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #1

Retainer

-----A bit of background. Back before Morrowind released I created a topic in another forum with the same name. The idea behind this is to toss your character in with minimal info given and develop him along the way. For instance in the the first post of this story i will introduce several characters and will control only one. If you wish you may control one of them our introduce your own. I will end the first chapter with a lead in, such as "he turned as the door opened" allowing for a new character to enter, just ignore those lines if you wish to use one of the characters already present or simply a character that I hadn't noticed.

Our Tale Begins:

If you travel just south of Balmora these days you will find an old tavern, and inside that tavern is an old man. His mind is weak these days and he remembers little of the outside world. He lives instead vicariously through the stories, whether they be false or true, of his customers. He has many tales, one for each guest, tonight i will pass on one of these.

The bar was busy one night, guests of many races bustling amongst each other yet sitting for the most part segregated. A large Orc sat in the corner drinking in solidarity, a group of young wood elves drank themselves stupid and danced gaily, and a young Breton bleeds to death on the tavern floor. Moments ago he had chatted with the most beautiful Nord you ever saw, but with little warning a voluminous figure rushed from behind and stabbed him in the back. A most cowardly blow for sure. Now the young man twitched and pulled away from the wound, but the murderer had hit deep. As the lifeblood of this young noble spilled onto the floor the tavern grew quiet (aside from the Wood Elves who were to drunken to notice a thing) A silence falls over the crowd as they turn to see who has felled the young man, off to the side the bathroom door swings open.

{Please Read and Respond, and tell me if i suck}
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Namaste   Ye Old Tavern, Innsmouth   May 19 2005, 01:27 AM
Aki   The appearance of the entry was enough to draw the...   May 19 2005, 09:19 PM
Namaste   The golden helmed figure scanned the bar, his eyes...   May 20 2005, 04:10 AM
Aki   If not for the telltale sound of mailed and plated...   May 20 2005, 12:56 PM
Namaste   The Orc rose on shaky feet, his equillibrium still...   May 20 2005, 07:57 PM
Aki   The golden helmed warrior huffed, muttering someth...   May 20 2005, 08:33 PM
Namaste   The Argonian looked up at the orc and the golden h...   May 20 2005, 11:41 PM
Aki   "Wait, he was being used," The golden helmed figur...   May 21 2005, 12:15 AM
Namaste   The Argonian rose to his feet bewildered but gaini...   Jun 2 2005, 04:58 AM
Aki   The figured drew the Stalhrim longsword again, tur...   Jun 2 2005, 11:39 AM
Namaste   The bar keep signaled the Golden Helmed Figure ove...   Jun 3 2005, 02:24 AM
Aki   The figured look at the Bartender, without moving....   Jun 3 2005, 03:16 AM
Namaste   "Ok, the legend is that this Nord by the name of G...   Jun 3 2005, 04:50 AM
Aki   The helmed figure looked to the Orc. It huffed. "Y...   Jun 3 2005, 05:02 AM
Namaste   The Orc smiles, "It's been a long time Goldie, ...   Jun 3 2005, 05:13 AM
Aki   "I suggest you find a new dayjob," The golden helm...   Jun 3 2005, 11:40 AM
Chumbaniya   Stupid man hit Thrall? ((An orc called Thra...   Jun 3 2005, 08:35 PM
Namaste   (Actually i dunno what your talking about chumbawu...   Jun 4 2005, 01:12 AM
Namaste   "So there were these Dunmer crazies right, and the...   Jun 4 2005, 01:29 AM
Aki   The Golden helmed figure began to apply a great de...   Jun 4 2005, 02:35 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 03:13 PM