Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oasis chapter 5, The battle of Red Mountain.
jack cloudy
post Apr 15 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Alright, the final chapter.

Chapter 5: The battle of Red Mountain.

The Ordinators and Armigers were very surprised to see the army. First came the Redoran soldiers, then the Ashlanders, followed by the Hlaalu and the Telvanni with the mage guild arriving last. Various legions of the Empire arrived over the next few days. Things were so crowded inside the Ghostgate that we decided to grow a couple of Telvanni towers just to keep everyone out of the Ash storms that had been getting worse over the last few weeks.

The day before the attack, I held a meeting between the different leaders. I chose a big Yurt for the location. These Ashlanders deserved people’s respect, and this was one way to honour them. I looked at each and every one of them. We were arranged in a circle. Moving around from my right we had: Athyn Sarethi of House Redoran, followed by Crassius Curio of House Hlaalu who in turn was followed by Aryon of House Telvanni. On Aryon’s right, there was Larrius Varro of the Imperial Legion and Ranis from the Mage guild. Sitting on my left there was Sul-Matuul who had been chosen as the leader of the Ashlander tribes for the battle.

Each one of them would command their respective armies during the battle. I was the only one without a personal army. That was because I had a different task. While the armies would take on Dagoth Ur’s forces on the slopes of Red Mountain, I would infiltrate his stronghold and kill Dagoth Ur himself as well as destroying the heart of Lorhkan. It was believed that without those two, the army of Dagoths, Corprus victims and Ash monsters would cease to excist.

The meeting took several hours and was surprisingly peacefull, considering the rivalry that they all had between each other for a long time. When everything had been taken care of, I returned to my own yurt and checked my equipment before going to bed. Ebony Pauldrons, Ebony helm, Lord’s Mail, Orcish Greaves, Indoril boots, Wraithguard and my left hand gauntlet. Everything was fine. I slept surprisingly well that night. Maybe that was the reason why the Ashlanders slept in Yurts.

The next morning I was greeted by a clear sky but with an Ash storm raging over Red Mountain. I geared up and walked out to meet the army. After a few more hours, I’d received the signal that everyone was ready. Now it was time for the classic speech of the leader before the battle. Crap, I was never a good talker.

,,Alright, I’m not good at talking so I’ll keep it short. Just head inside and take out anything that Dagoth Ur sends at you. In the meantime, I’ll give the dirty scumbag a heartattack. That’s all.” I summoned my Daedric sword and checked if my Ebony Towershield was secured before turning to the Ghostfence.
,,March!”
Without a sound, a large area of the Ghostfence disappeared to allow the army to pass.

Just a few steps onto the slopes of Red Mountain and we were engulfed by the Ash storm. My eyes were practically blind, so I relied on an enchanted ring that allowed me to detect life, enchantments and other things. Dagoth Ur’s minions seemed to be able to see as if it was clear as day, so we soon had to hack our way through.

This continued for several hours and I’d lost track of where my side was. Maybe I’d gone ahead or I’d been left behind. I didn’t know and just concentrated on what I did best, hacking ugly things into pieces. Finally, I arrived at the entrance to Dagoth Ur thanks to my enchanted amulet of Guidance. The amulet was a nice piece. I just needed to envision a destination and it would create a stream of Magicka that only I could see to follow.

Unfortunately, the door was sealed with one of those spheres you found on the bigger Dwemer ruins. My amulet of Guidance led me to the crank which I pulled. The sphere slid open but closed as soon as I released the crank. I was getting nowhere like this. As if he’d planned this, Sul-Matuul came out of the storm with a Dagoth on his spear. ,,I’ll hold the crank. Go inside, friend!” He shouted. I nodded and hopped through the door while he held the crank. Dagoth Ur now had one unwanted guest.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 01:38 AM