Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Commercials -, Getting fed up with them here
Neela
post Sep 24 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Maybe this should be under the what you hate most thread, but maybe others would like to vent separately on this as well.. I have never watched much television.. most tv shows arent worth the time. Recently I have started to watch it a bit more since some really good sci-fi shows have premiered. Have television commercials increased so much while I was away? Back in the 80's (when I actually watched tv) an hour television show was 45-50 minutes with 10-15 minutes of commercials. Now I can barely stand to watch a really good show because its only 30-35 minutes long with 25-30 minutes of commercials. I was watching that show Supernatural the other night and at the bottom of the hour they had a 5 minute commercial break followed by 4 minutes of show before breaking for another 5 minute commercial. OMG!! Its getting ridiculous. How can they tell if a show is good or not, because quite frankly even if I really like the show I will wait for it to come out on DVD now because there are just too many interruptions when it is shown originally. And another thing... Did anyone else see last nights Threshold? Throughout the show the main sponsor was the Chevy Impala. Did anyone else see the impala symbol plastered on the tile inside the restaurant DURING the show? This is nuts! I think I will go back to buying the DVD shows that are interesting or maybe get TIVO. I don't have the time to sit and watch 30 mins of worthless commercials each hour.

Ok... Rant off...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 24 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I was watching bruce almighty on HBO or something, and every six minutes it would commercial with almost every male enhancment possible....

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Sep 24 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I hate on FX the Comercials are like twice the volume of the feature.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Sep 24 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

dont watch TV anymore....odd.

actually the other night i watched the television priemere of LOTR The Two Towers, it wasnt really the commercials that bothered me, rather the stupid banner that kept popping up at the bottom of the screen...

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Sep 24 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Mage
Group Icon

I despise commercials, especially as these days they have nothing to do with the product they're trying to sell. I frequently see a Nike one where up until the last second or two all the people are barefoot!

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 25 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I don't watch TV that often i'm usually on the pc tongue.gif but yes the commercials are rediculus(sp?)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
spizzy
post Sep 26 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #7

Retainer

those kids bop comecials are sooooooo unbelievebly weeble!! mad.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 26 2005, 03:22 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

lol they suck becasue I get those parts of the song stuck in my head!!!! SO i'm walking around school with the first line of 10 different songs!

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 26 2005, 03:29 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

I don't really watch a whole lot of TV. But yes, the commercials are terrible. Although, I kinda miss the old ones, as in from the early 90's.

Hehe I remember one I thought was pretty funny, the Chef Boyardee (sp?) beef ravioli (again, sp?) commercial with the jungle marines with a cargo of the stuff being chased by a high schooler. laugh.gif

Good times, but now they really suck. ESPECIALLY that kids bob crap. Do people actually buy that stuff?
+Quote Post
yum
post Sep 29 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #10

Retainer

I cant stand the commercials on Spike TV. It seems for every hour of tv there is 20 minutes of the movie and 40 minutes of commercials. I started wathcing a movie at about 8 and gave up at about 1 am in the morning. wacko.gif
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Sep 29 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

I try not to watch alot of TV. I mostly just stay within the confines of my room and read.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 30 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

I hate food commercials like burgerking right after I ate a salad or something...

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 30 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #13

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Washing-powder commercials...EWWW, toothpaste commercials even more EWWW

BUT! the commercials made by one of sweden´s largest food-stores called ICA ...are extremely funny! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:41 PM