Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CyberPunk 2077, New RPG by CD Projekt Red
mALX
post Dec 16 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 11 2020, 12:27 AM) *

Looking on Steam, I currently only see two good, legitimate attempts at actual reviews on the front page. I'm fine with the funny ones to a certain extent (as long as they aren't too numerous), but I hate the effortless, short garbage like "This game good. Go buy." or "Game is fricking trash, don't buy." Why even bother writing anything in these cases? Or it will be either some sort of vendetta against the company who made it, or bootlicking, sycophantic praise of the company.

Anyway, those two reviews are negative, but in an effort to be more balanced, I took a positive review that seemed to be a decent attempt at reviewing the game at first glance (tbh, I haven't read it yet) and I'll show it alongside the other two (which I did read). The negative ratings make me rather concerned about the game on a fundamental level.

Negative Reviews:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/HypocriticalD...mended/1091500/
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656119...mended/1091500/ (This one, in particular, got a lot of reactions.)

Positive Review:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656119...mended/1091500/

This game was never going to live up to the hype that both CDPR obnoxiously generated for years and ridiculous gamers built in their head, but it seems to be more than just coming up a bit short. Still, the reviews are mostly positive, it appears. I don't want to get carried away either way.

EDIT: I'll also add that I've really been itching for some more cyberpunk-themed games. Unfortunately, most of the ones that do exist aren't--or don't appear to be--games I would be interested in. One exception was System Shock 2, which is a great game and it hasn't aged too badly. So I'm hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 turns out well. But it's hard, if not impossible, to fix the fundamentals, so if those are a problem the outlook isn't good.

From what I saw in the gameplay vid link I posted; all three of those reviews are accurate. The good review: Yes, the graphics are stunning in this game; but really = that is about all he said.

The best review of all (imho) that you posted was the first "bad" one you linked; and it was totally accurate to what I saw in the gameplay vids.

The game is absolutely as linear as Witcher. You can explore only the areas they allow you in at that time in the main questline; and you can only interact with the NPC's connected to the main questline/the quest you are on/and even just the stage of the quest you are on. As far as I know from the reviews and those vids = there are no misc. or side quests available; only the main questline.

They called it open world; but I noticed in both that review and in the vid that there were no interactions available with any of the NPC's except those connected to the main questline; so they may let you explore to a certain extent (but it is controlled by invisible walls that "send you back to the zone you are supposed to be in;" just like in that "Kings" game Decrepit was playing a couple years ago). And it is set up like a Shooter too with the loot: there is very little loot; only what is placed that is needed for the main questline = so exploring means just "looking at" the pretty graphics; not actual exploration.

I did wonder about the dialogue options and repercussions on choosing certain answers; so was kind of glad that review answered that question. I think they did a much better job than Bethesda did with Fallout 4 on the "spoken dialogue" for our characters; MUCH better dialogue for anyone wanting to roleplay than Fallout 4 had.

The video link I posted = that guy making the vid also complained about the car driving being extremely awkward. In fact; everything that first bad review said other than the female hands clipping (the guy was playing a male; so wouldn't know about that one) = the guy in the vid talks about them.

But yeah; I don't expect a game to ship without any bugs at all; and they did put out a zero hour patch that fixed the majority of the "clipping" and major bugs. There are still some residual issues; but nothing deal breaking if you don't mind the linear aspect of the game.

The best open world game I've played so far = Black Desert. You can travel anywhere you want; but in your exploration you will find areas that aren't safe for someone of your level (which is one thing I hated about ESO changing to "One Tamriel" = they made it so even a level one character can go anywhere and never be over their heads with the enemies = ruined a great game by doing that, imho).

Also, you can't access all the quests immediately in Black Desert; because as your character grows in levels and reputation in the world; and as you interact with others = more quests open up for you. You can leave a town feeling like you have completed every quest in it; then come back to it after questing in another town = and find a whole raft of new quests you can do. (and I am not talking about the repeatable daily quests; (which there are many of in every town) = but new individual quests. The people "learn of how you helped others in X town; and so hope you can help them with their issue now." I love the way it was done; because the questing is never ending; as long as you play that game you will always find new quests to do. (some of those quests are a bit lackluster compared to TES quests though; but their dialogue is hilarious sometimes = Korean humor abounds).

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 16 2020, 05:01 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 16 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 15 2020, 05:13 PM) *

I'm hearing more and more about how horribly the game runs on lower-end consoles. Obviously PS4 and XBox 1 are going to lag behind PS5 and Xbox Series X (or S or whatever it is), but it sounds like it is practically unplayable. From what I hear, it often drops to 15-20 fps. Hell, people are having trouble with the next-gen and PC versions, unless you are absolutely top-of-the-line in PC specs (which, yeah, that should be the case). If that's the case, that's really inexcusable.

Now, I don't want to be biased and just hone in on negative reviews. I haven't seen many positive reviews yet that really make a good attempt to explain their reasoning, though I haven't really tried seeking them out. I've just done a cursory scan of store pages and sometimes coming across stuff on Reddit. (For all its issues, Reddit can actually have quite a large amount of good and interesting discussion about things like video games.) It's a natural human bias to put more stock into the negative than the positive, but this review from the front page of Cyberpunk's GOG store page really stuck out. [I thought you could embed pictures in here? I can't find the option for it now. Ugh. I'll just copy-paste the text.]

Red text denotes what I added for clarity.

Reviewer: Vapnik

Games: 170
Reviews: 3
2 out of 5 stars (couldn't actually copy-paste the stars)
A disappointment

December 10, 2020 - Verified owner

Cyberpunk 2077 rides on a lot of goodwill from the incredible Witcher 3. Without that goodwill the hype would not be there. Unfortunately, I can't say that it has lived up to the hype.

Everyone has talked the bugs and performance issues to death so I won't repeat them. They're bad, really bad, but probably fixable.

What isn't fixable is the game itself. There's no RPG to this RPG. The story railroads you from one mission to another, the three starting prologues all lead to the same place with the same beats, no matter if you're a Corpo or a Nomad your V will act like the same streetwise edgelord so it doesn't matter. There's no real dialogue choices, you have one dialogue option and some optional chit chat below it.

The characters are all forgettable and it's often unclear why you're supposed to care about the missions. Person X wants item Y but Person Z wants you to screw over Person X etc etc. At no point did I feel any connection to anybody or any sense of why I'm doing what I'm doing. It's all edgy but shallow characterisation. The dialogue is also wooden and gives me no reason to care.

The world is impressive... at first. Then you realise it's all an elaborate shallow stage. You can barely talk to any civilians and they just mindlessly walk straight ahead. No interactions or cool moments like in GTA or RDR. If you shoot your gun dozens of NPCs go into an identical crouching animation forever. The cops can be defeated by standing against a wall as they always spawn behind you. It never feels like you're in a living world, more like a heavily choreographed stage surrounded by lifeless robots.

The gameplay is also unsatisfying. There's a heavy focus on gunplay but none of the guns feel satisfying. Enemies are bullet sponges and you barely react to being shot. Ironically swords break the game by stun locking enemies. Stealth is almost impossible to pull off and hacking is clunky so they're rarely viable options.

It hurts to admit but this is a bad game.

Is this helpful to you? yes no (897 of 1379 users found this helpful)

(Side note: GOG really needs to let you add more characters to your reviews. I've posted four reviews on the site, and 2000 characters just isn't enough to get out everything you want or need to say.)

You can read other GOG reviews here: https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

This sure sounds pretty bad. Seems like they should've cooked it some more, but at this point they probably had no choice due to investors and rabid, capital-G Gamers. Then again, CDPR could've helped themselves out by not hyping the game for 8 damn years.

Everything that interview said was exactly what that first "bad" interview said in the first three interviews posted above; and was what I noticed in the gameplay vid. This game will probably not be satisfying as a good RPG; it is more set up like a Shooter with a few RPG aspects added.

And yeah; them hyping it for so long is what cooked their own witch's cauldron on them. My son said they were getting death threats if they didn't release it! Makes you leery of the gamers you might meet on the Cyberpunk 2077 Discord channels; laugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 09:11 PM) *

This might be better than the game

Too bad for Keanu, that he hitched himself to this. He deserved a better game to be associated with, like Red Dead 2.

Holy Cow, that would make me run out and buy the game!!!!! Awesome ad; did they ever use it? (and yeah; better than what I saw in the game, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 16 2020, 06:01 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 16 2020, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 15 2020, 11:59 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 09:05 PM) *

Yeah, but he's a really cool guy. He deserves better.

I haven’t totally given up on the game. I feel that, given enough time, CDPR are going to fix it and make it into something incredible. If that never happens, well then, yeah, I was wrong. It’s just that I’ve learned that not all games that launch with rocky starts end up being terrible games.

I could say I feel bad for those who bought the game on day 1, but I don’t. Folks should know by now that games these days aren’t generally worth buying until they’ve had several rounds of patches.

It is not the bugs that make the think that. It is the number of people saying how shallow the game is, and how there are no real options in dialogue, or a reason to care about any of the npcs giving you quests, and things like that. I don't see that ever being fixed.

Yeah; I expect a few clipping issues or glitches in any new game; but if the storyline is empty of any reason to immerse yourself = that isn't a problem that can be patched out.

Imho; they did an excellent job of making the characters behavior realistic; but in watching the vid it really did feel like he was being pulled here and there without me really knowing/understanding why; and the dialogue never really cleared that feeling up for me. (but that could be just me; some of it might be referring to historical references a fan of Cyberpunk would know that I don't).

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2020, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 09:05 PM) *

Yeah, but he's a really cool guy. He deserves better.

I haven’t totally given up on the game. I feel that, given enough time, CDPR are going to fix it and make it into something incredible. If that never happens, well then, yeah, I was wrong. It’s just that I’ve learned that not all games that launch with rocky starts end up being terrible games.

I could say I feel bad for those who bought the game on day 1, but I don’t. Folks should know by now that games these days aren’t generally worth buying until they’ve had several rounds of patches.

It is not the bugs that make the think that. It is the number of people saying how shallow the game is, and how there are no real options in dialogue, or a reason to care about any of the npcs giving you quests, and things like that. I don't see that ever being fixed.

Maybe not. We’ll see I guess.

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 16 2020, 07:11 AM) *

Right, I know nothing at all about this game or its series. But this morning a local radio DJ (who is a huge gamer) was talking about how Cyperpunk's devs are simply giving out refunds. Not even bothering with patches. I don't know if this is true but having a quick glance at your all's posts here it seems to be. sad.gif So sad.

I mean, the company has posted an apology, which I linked to a few posts up, and in that apology they say they are working on patches. So, again, we’ll just have to wait and see. Or not, I can’t buy games right now anyway so it may be a good thing I’m having to wait. If it doesn’t get better, then I’ll have lost nothing.

I learned something from Acadian and SubRosa right around the time Fallout 4 was months off from being released: Wait one year before buying any new game. Never pre-order them. The reason is three-fold:

1. You can see the reviews and learn about what issues it has had and whether the issues are being addressed without being the one who spent all that money for a game that isn't playing right.

2. If you don't mind spoilers; you can get a glimpse at the gameplay vids and see if it is even something you will really want to play.

3. After a year you can usually buy it on sale and pay half the price for it. I listened to them and ended up getting Fallout 4 fully patched for under 20 dollars.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 16 2020, 05:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 16 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #44

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 09:11 PM) *

This might be better than the game

Too bad for Keanu, that he hitched himself to this. He deserved a better game to be associated with, like Red Dead 2.

That first comment though. "Cykapunk 2077." Lmao. It's funny that, after you read the title of the post, none of what happens in the video is surprising at all.

Yeah, I haven't quite yet, either. And agreed on the Day One stuff, especially for these colossal AAA games. But you know how a lot of gamers are.

However...

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 16 2020, 12:52 AM) *

This is what concerns me as well. I'm seeing a lot of issues that are endemic to the game. Those can't be fixed in a Day One patch.

OTOH, I've also learned to be quite skeptical of some of these particular claims, like the game being "shallow" or that "your choices don't matter." Some people exaggerate those criticisms because they didn't work out quite the way they thought or wanted it to. My go-to example of this is when Morrowind fanboys claim these things about Skyrim (and to a lesser extent, Oblivion), how it is "not a real RPG," etc. when those accusations are flat-out wrong. (Skyrim could've done a much better job at showing their impact, though.)

In any case, these reviews are enough, in my eyes, to not drop $60 on the game to see if I believe these claims hold up. I wasn't going to anyway because 1) I'm a cheapskate tongue.gif and 2) I've got a backlog of games and only so much time to play them. Also, even though my new computer is going to have pretty good specs, I'm still concerned that it won't run the game well.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2020, 09:10 AM) *

I mean, the company has posted an apology, which I linked to a few posts up, and in that apology they say they are working on patches. So, again, we’ll just have to wait and see. Or not, I can’t buy games right now anyway so it may be a good thing I’m having to wait. If it doesn’t get better, then I’ll have lost nothing.

While I don't think they had much choice, I think CDPR does deserve some credit for doing this. Not every company would be willing to do refunds, but those are mostly going to be those giant corporations that could handle the bad PR and whose games are always going to be bought en masse anyway. I don't believe that CDPR could afford to do that, even as a AAA developer, with only The Witcher 3 under their belt as a real blockbuster game.

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 16 2020, 09:55 AM) *

Khajiit is right; Americans are actually kind of prudish compared to the rest of the world when it comes to nudity. In most of the places I went in Europe nudity was just a natural thing to see; and so was peeing/defecating = perfectly natural functions; no need to hide what you were doing. Children see it all as natural growing up; so don't think anything of it when they see it.

My first impression on being driven from the airport in Germany to the town we were going to live was seeing a man peeing on the side of the road facing traffic; and another sitting on a guardrail defecating with his butt facing the road so we could all see the turds dropping as we passed. (not that we wanted to; but there it was).

The TV stations; TV shows; and newspapers all had nudity without any "ratings system" or any "warnings;" and even their cartoons in the newspaper could have nude pictures edited for effect. I saw one with Hillary Clinton's head superimposed onto an actual photo of a nearly nude dominatrix; (just a studded leather garter belt on) with Bill Clinton's head superimposed over the man's head (who was on his knees with a studded leather dog collar on his neck). It was a newspaper cartoon; but it was an actual photo they had superimposed Hillary and Bill's heads onto.

rollinglaugh.gif Someone customized giant appendages on their characters? Lol.

I think there needs to be a good balance with the nude content. For one, it has to fit with the setting, like Khajiit said. And while there is a certain prudishness with adult content in America that is excessive, it doesn't need to go to the exact opposite end of the spectrum. What you saw in Germany, obviously, is disgusting and unnecessary and way over-the-top. But even apart from that, I think it's misguided for certain cultures to just flaunt nudity like it isn't a big deal. But I digress.

As for the stuff like the p---- and boobs, yeah, that seems to be a sticking point for why people want the game, lol. And I'm serious. I've seen plenty of times people remark how you can put BOTH of those things on the same character.

------------------------------------------------------------

If there is a big sale on this game, maybe I'll try it out. But I also don't want to drop money on a game unless I have good reason to believe it'll run well on my computer. I've admittedly become a bit of a performance snob, but I don't need everything set to ultra quality with every bell and whistle like RTX and bloom and all that jazz.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 16 2020, 07:27 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 16 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 16 2020, 12:25 PM) *

*snip*

Yeah I’m pretty much going to do the same. Pick it up on a GOG sale sometime next year. Hopefully at a deep discount.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 16 2020, 08:36 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

If I get it, it will def be at a Steam sale. I've already got it on my "Watch" list.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 18 2020, 05:10 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

Sony has pulled CP2077 from its digital storefront and offering full refunds for any who desire them.

That’s really bad news for CD Projekt Red. I wonder how long until MS follows suit.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 18 2020, 05:29 AM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 17 2020, 11:10 PM) *

Sony has pulled CP2077 from its digital storefront and offering full refunds for any who desire them.

That’s really bad news for CD Projekt Red. I wonder how long until MS follows suit.

verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 18 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

As much as I can't stand the cult of sycophantic capital-G Gamers that bootlick CDPR, this is absolutely not at all what I wanted. This is a really serious issue and I feel a bit bad for them. Well, the developers at least. Yeah, it's a corporation, even if it is smaller than the ones we are used to, but this sucks to see. The marketing really oversold this game, but gamers also had a hand in building this game up to be way more than it was going to be. CDPR is apparently notorious for making employees crunch, but it's going to be crazy trying to get this game fixed over the holidays. Developers aren't barely going to be able to enjoy them with family, if at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 19 2020, 12:07 AM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 18 2020, 03:51 PM) *

As much as I can't stand the cult of sycophantic capital-G Gamers that bootlick CDPR, this is absolutely not at all what I wanted. This is a really serious issue and I feel a bit bad for them. Well, the developers at least. Yeah, it's a corporation, even if it is smaller than the ones we are used to, but this sucks to see. The marketing really oversold this game, but gamers also had a hand in building this game up to be way more than it was going to be. CDPR is apparently notorious for making employees crunch, but it's going to be crazy trying to get this game fixed over the holidays. Developers aren't barely going to be able to enjoy them with family, if at all.

Indeed. I’m not a fan of CDPR, nor do I dislike them. To me they are simply a game company that got a bit of a “good guy” reputation with gamers because of a “we give away free content” gimmick and by producing a game that is very well regarded by critics and players. Personally, I will never play any of the Witcher games because we get stuck playing as Gerald. If I don’t care about the protagonist, how could I enjoy playing a 30-100+ hours game as him? All that said, I was actually looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. It was going to be my chance to see for myself what all the fuss around CDPR was about. Well turns out my suspicions proved correct, and at the end of the day, CDPR is a game company just like any other. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Honestly, I think they got caught up in their reputation and panicked after catching heat about the crunch and delays. It’s a shame really. The game had a very long development cycle for this to be how it launched. I do feel bad for the devs that worked really hard on it.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 19 2020, 12:24 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 18 2020, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 18 2020, 03:51 PM) *

Indeed. I’m not a fan of CDPR, nor do I dislike them. To me they are simply a game company that got a bit of a “good guy” reputation with gamers because of a “we give away free content” gimmick and by producing a game that is very well regarded by critics and players. Personally, I will never play any of the Witcher games because we get stuck playing as Gerald. If I don’t care about the protagonist, how could I enjoy playing a 30-100+ hours game as him? All that said, I was actually looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. It was going to be my chance to see for myself what all the fuss around CDPR was about. Well turns out my suspicions proved correct, and at the end of the day, CDPR is a game company just like any other. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Honestly, I think they got caught up in their reputation and panicked after catching heat about the crunch and delays. It’s a shame really. The game had a very long development cycle for this to be how it launched. I do feel bad for the devs that worked really hard on it.

Ditto to all of the above.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Dec 19 2020, 02:37 PM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

I've been enjoying the game on the whole (playing on PS4 Pro), some really great characters (and very well voice acted too for the most part), interesting story, decent enough side content, but some really key issues:

1) Frequent and repeated bugs and crashes. Frequent enough that even some basic QA testing should have picked them up. If someone on the dev team had played the game for even an hour, they'd have a good list of things that need fixing.

2) Lots of locked doors - most buildings in the city are inaccessible. If you can enter a building, it's likely because it's a shop or a quest location. This means that exploration of this open world is not really encouraged - the overworld map looks hideous because it has all the markers for side quests and such on it from the start, no need to find things out for yourself. Afte a while you basically just fast travel from quest to quest because you're not missing much and it might help you avoid a bug on the way.

3)Overall polish. Not a huge issue but CDPR made a thing of not releasing the game until it was 'ready'. I would not consider the current version of the game ready for anything other than another few months of dev time. Things like the combat and driving feeling cheap, audio not playing, having to wait for NPCs and objects to render in, some of the background voice acting being janky, all really feels like it needs work.

I believe they have significant patches planned for January and February, so we'll see how that goes.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 19 2020, 11:33 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 19 2020, 07:37 AM) *

I've been enjoying the game on the whole (playing on PS4 Pro), some really great characters (and very well voice acted too for the most part), interesting story, decent enough side content, but some really key issues:

1) Frequent and repeated bugs and crashes. Frequent enough that even some basic QA testing should have picked them up. If someone on the dev team had played the game for even an hour, they'd have a good list of things that need fixing.

2) Lots of locked doors - most buildings in the city are inaccessible. If you can enter a building, it's likely because it's a shop or a quest location. This means that exploration of this open world is not really encouraged - the overworld map looks hideous because it has all the markers for side quests and such on it from the start, no need to find things out for yourself. Afte a while you basically just fast travel from quest to quest because you're not missing much and it might help you avoid a bug on the way.

3)Overall polish. Not a huge issue but CDPR made a thing of not releasing the game until it was 'ready'. I would not consider the current version of the game ready for anything other than another few months of dev time. Things like the combat and driving feeling cheap, audio not playing, having to wait for NPCs and objects to render in, some of the background voice acting being janky, all really feels like it needs work.

I believe they have significant patches planned for January and February, so we'll see how that goes.

Ooo good to have a Chorrolite with hands on experience with the game weigh in. Your words make me feel like they could actually fix this game if they handle the patches right.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 20 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 19 2020, 08:37 AM) *

HAZMICK!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!!!!! It is so good to see you on here!!!

Thank you for the in depth review here; really prefer to hear it first hand from you than all the reviews on Youtube put together. Your review actually does give me hope that they will try to pull this back together and fix the issues.

I was really focused on this game because it was touted as "Open World RPG;" so when I saw how linear it seemed in the gameplay vids I was really getting leery over that being true. (so your words didn't come as a surprise on that). It came across to me (without actually playing it) like the shooters my son played; which disappointingly had no real exploration or loot to be found that wasn't blatant if you did find a way to stray around searching. Darn, I was really excited about this game.

*mALX turns Black Desert back on...*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Dec 20 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

This is why I’m gonna wait a year on major releases and instead focus on indie / older stuff. Bugs are only good if you’re the type of person to eat them, after all.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 20 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Dec 20 2020, 02:23 PM) *

This is why I’m gonna wait a year on major releases and instead focus on indie / older stuff. Bugs are only good if you’re the type of person to eat them, after all.

EW!!!! Gross!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 22 2020, 12:58 AM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 19 2020, 08:37 AM) *

Glad we have someone here who can speak from firsthand experience. I really don't want to rely solely on what people I don't know are saying and then parrot off their opinions when I have no personal experience. It being someone I know is at least a much better alternative.

Can you speak on a lot of the other complaints about the game? Some of the things I've heard:
  • Linearity of the story and lack of real choices when we were promised much more
  • Rarely having the option to attack a situation in multiple ways (from what I hear, stealth is awful and not viable for most of the time
  • Lackluster gunplay
  • Gang relations, or lack thereof when we were supposed to be able to interact a great deal with them
  • NPCs blatantly spawning and despawning
  • Little capacity for customization (e.g cars, how your story plays out based on what background you chose such as corpo)
  • Crafting being useless or horribly designed (I've heard several different complaints)

Sounds a lot to me like the marketing went seriously overboard with their advertising of what you could do in the game. If that's the case, and if I was a developer, I'd want to strangle them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 22 2020, 07:11 AM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

I did see a video of an NPC in a wheelchair. The PC walked up to him and punched him. The NPC got up from his chair, cowered for few moments, then ran away...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 22 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 22 2020, 12:11 AM) *

I did see a video of an NPC in a wheelchair. The PC walked up to him and punched him. The NPC got up from his chair, cowered for few moments, then ran away...

Maybe the PC was like some cyberpunk Jesus with a unique “laying of hands” method?

“Thou art healed! Get up and walk mutha f*****!” *punch*

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 22 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 22 2020, 01:11 AM) *

rollinglaugh.gif Khajiit beat me to it, I was going to post something along those lines too, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:59 PM