Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

145 Pages V « < 116 117 118 119 120 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
Renee
post Nov 29 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #2341

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks to all. I love Chorrol. Yeah, Liberty Prime is pretty kewl. I wonder if anyone's made a Liberty Prime companion mod. laugh.gif It'd be CTD city, but fun for a few minutes, anyway.

Lopov: I'm actually pretty terrible with taking 'action' shots. kvleft.gif I'm always missing the shot I really want to get. Everything you see is second-rate. biggrin.gif

This shall be my last Fallout update for the year. It's gone by really quickly.

-----------

*CLICK!*

Pipboy Recording App ON, Date: Friday, 03.12.78, 6:08 PM

Hey what's up you people out there in the Wasteland? One of these days I'm going to do something with all these recordings I think. Maybe I will put them into some sort of open storage. Like a resource of some sort, for others to listen to. Yeah. That seems to be the idea. Break.

Well today I have a new partner with me. His name, Pipboy App is Colin *unidentified word*. That last name is spelled A L L K A R Z, Pipboy App. Here he is.

Colin Allkarz: Ahh, hello there.

Colin will be traveling with me to Olney Paperworks. Met him down in the Citadel, so he's Brotherhood, just like I am. He is originally from Boston, too. He's got one of those funny accents. Like when he says "cars" it sounds like he's saying it with an "H" instead of an "R".

Colin Allkarz: Hey, your accent is funny, Cho. So err ahh, anyway, you say your arm-device there is recording all of this?

Yeah it is. For a few minutes anyways. It drains the [censored] out of the thing's resources though. Its memory, or whatever. Hey, Colin, check this out. Check out my new gun.

Colin Allkarz: Wow, what the [censored] is that? ... Hey, I've never seen anything like that before. Look at its craftsmanship.

IPB Image

Damn right. And it's a Miroku.

Colin Allkarz: It's a mirror what?

It's a Miroku. Which is a Japanese gun. Prewar, no doubt. It is genuine.

Colin Allkarz: Err ahh get out of here. You're [censored] ing me!

Dude, look at the template on its barrel. It's got a serial number, when's the last time you saw one of those which actually matched the number on the gun's butt? ... I researched it. One of the scribes has a prewar book about guns, this thing is genuine.

Colin Allkarz: Well how in hell did you get your hands on it? Must be worth a fortune.

I did some ... uh ... unofficial work for Scribe L. Scrabble. Don't tell anybody. The Brotherhood wants me to stick to their main causes out there, you know. But Scribe L. Scrabble pulled me aside one day. Asked me if I'd like to make some extra caps, and of course I said yeah. The Brotherhood isn't paying me dick to do all this running around, you know? Anyway, he wanted me to return to Super Duper Mart. Apparently some asshole raiders returned there, and if I took care of this problem, Scribe L. Scrabble would pay me like 500 extra caps. The Citadel can handle it, believe me. They're not paying me enough, you know?

Colin Allkarz: 500 caps, and this gun, eh?

Don't tell anyone. Seriously. I don't know what could happen, but I think the Brotherhood would find it *unidentified word*, or something. Not very noble.

Colin Allkarz: Well does the thing work?

Sure it does. There's something up ahead. I'll see if I can use my new pet bloatfly to take pictures of them while I blow their brains out!

Colin Allkarz: You have a pet bloatfly? What the [censored]? Where is it?

Oh it's around here somewhere. I strapped a camera to it. It's been trained to fly around during combat, hopefully I can get some cool shots from it. Most of the time though, it stays out of sight, like it's been trained to do. Break.

Well, I should be going before my Pipboy memory drains out.

*click*

Pipboy Recording App OFF, Friday, 03.12.78, 6:32 PM

Pipboy_App_Photo.1-a

Pipboy_App_Photo.12

Pipboy_App_Photo.13

Pipboy_App_Photo.14

Pipboy_App_Photo.15

Pipboy_App_Photo.16

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 29 2017, 03:34 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 29 2017, 05:16 AM
Post #2342

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol!! Calling all cars and Scrible scrabble! Too funny!! Next you need to do a Chi Kenscrach! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 29 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #2343

Knower
Group Icon

Just imagine using a Liberty Prime mod- now that would be awesome. Mutants and Raiders going everywhere. Even more fun than the Deathclaw pet I use in FO4, lol.

Unofficial work? Ha! Sounds like free enterprise thinking to me!

A pet bloatfly (drone) for camera shots. Now that sounds neat.

I loved the Mutie turning his back to run and getting capped on the bridge. I could see the fear on his ugly face.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome back. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 29 2017, 10:38 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 29 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #2344

Ancient
Group Icon

I love the idea of a pet bloatfly. Is its name Brundlefly?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 29 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #2345

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ha-haa!

So now I'm not the only here with a Miroku shotgun anymore? Fancy that! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 29 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #2346

Paladin
Group Icon

So Cho has a new pal named Calling AllCars and a gun named Mirocu. And, of course the camera carrying bloatfly. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 30 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #2347

Master
Group Icon

Cho has just found his Adoring Fan!

I see that mirocu has many uses. biggrin.gif

A pet bloatfly with a straped on camera?! biggrin.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Do you use some mod that "greenifies" the roads, in my game the asphalt on the bridge shown in pics isn't as green.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 8 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #2348

Master
Group Icon

The Kid and the Ghoul

In only a few hours everyone Bryan Wilks knew and loved, was dead, and his hometown of Grayditch was besieged by ferocious fire ants that were engulfing in flames anyone that crossed their path. Desperate, little Bryan barely escaped from deadly ants and as he was about to give up all the hope, he saw Him – the police officer.

Until now Bryan Wilks saw police officers only in pre-war books, most notably Guns and Bullets and La Fantoma and he had no idea what one of them was doing in the Capital Wasteland because they were supposedly long gone but as soon as he saw Him, his child’s sixth sense told him that his problems might come to an end.

And he was very much right! Police officer PP Barlow immediately recognized the kid in need and as little Bryan told him of fire ants gone mad in his hometown, PP Barlow needed no more information to act against the invading ants.

Two hundred years ago ants weren’t a problem and none of them breathed fire and if you stomped on them, they died just fine, but PP Barlow already learned that after the bombs fell, some ants mutated and were now much more deadly than some other wasteland creatures.

He wouldn’t mind a team of firemen backing him up but he assumed that searching for firemen might take too much time and in this situation immediate action was necessary. As soon as he led little Bryan to safety, PP Barlow began dealing with fire ants – he weakened them from a safe distance with his modified police pistol, then finished them off with his police baton, eponymously named Barlow’s peacemaker.

He was caught on fire many times but compared to what radiation did to his skin many years ago, being on flames felt like tickling. Still, he had to be careful not to damage his uniform too much, after all it was widely known that as soon as people see his blue outfit, they recognize him as their shining beacon, an oasis in the middle of a desert, a lighthouse in rough seas.

After the ants and their queen were dealt with, PP Barlow brought the scientist who caused havoc in Grayditch to Bryan Wilks and together they sentenced him – though at first PP Barlow wanted to execute him on the spot, he and Bryan together decided that the scientist should learn to survive on his own in the wasteland, except that without clothes, without weapons and without any supplies. For a change he should rely on himself only, not on his experimental ants, servant robots and mutagens.

As the naked scientist was running from Grayditch, PP and Bryan paid respects to Bryan’s father who died defending their house from the ants. Since the kid’s only living relative was now in Rivet City, PP Barlow decided to take him there, and so the kid and the ghoul together left Grayditch.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 8 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #2349

Councilor
Group Icon

All right, PP makes his grand return for 2018! I like the part when he thinks about calling the fire department. smile.gif Nice touch. There is no such thing as 911 anymore, unfortunately.

(when you call 911 in America, the fire department, police, and EMTs can possibly show up all at once).

I can't believe he'd go against fire ants with just a pistol and a baton! indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #2350

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay for Officer Barlow! Right there when someone needed him!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 22 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #2351

Master
Group Icon

Benjamin didn't have the caps to pay Moriarty about info on pops, so he decided to head out into the Wasteland to make some money.

If he knew what delivering a letter for Lucy West was going to entail, he probably would have done something else! Ben is just now heading back to Arefu to talk to Evan about a compromise between the settlement and the Family.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 26 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #2352

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Has Benjamin made any progress yet?

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 26 2018, 09:42 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 27 2018, 12:41 AM
Post #2353

Master
Group Icon

Haven't played since Fryday, but Benjamin has been busy. He's been helping Moira Brown with the Wasteland Survival Guide, and he finally got enough points into Explosives to disarm the Megaton bomb, and win a house. biggrin.gif

Afterwards, he headed for GNR where he met the Brotherhood of Steel and Three Dog. Navigating the D.C. Ruins is much different than navigating Boston. I didn't expect to be taking metro tunnels to get around. And there are many Super Mutants.

When we left him last, he had just killed Arkansas and disarmed most of the Minefield. Rivet City is next!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 27 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #2354

Ancient
Group Icon

Bethesda could not make downtown DC a single open area. It would have been too much of a strain on the hardware of the time. So they broke it up into over a dozen separate zones, and linked them all by the metro system. Which worked out rather nice. Along some routes you can travel clear across the city and never see daylight.

Here is a map for navigating the DC Ruins. It can get really confusing and frustrating without it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 27 2018, 04:01 AM
Post #2355

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 26 2018, 05:41 PM) *

When we left him last, he had just killed Arkansas and disarmed most of the Minefield. Rivet City is next!

And miss out on the sweet bounty from Paradise Falls? Awwww sad.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 27 2018, 04:01 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 27 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #2356

Master
Group Icon

Ben wasn't aware of Paradise Falls. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 27 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #2357

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2018, 06:59 PM) *
Bethesda could not make downtown DC a single open area. It would have been too much of a strain on the hardware of the time. So they broke it up into over a dozen separate zones, and linked them all by the metro system. Which worked out rather nice. Along some routes you can travel clear across the city and never see daylight.

Here is a map for navigating the DC Ruins. It can get really confusing and frustrating without it.

You are a peach, 'Rosa. smile.gif Thanks for the map! That actually makes sense about the zones, now that I think about. I bet they couldn't figure it out for the console versions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 27 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #2358

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 27 2018, 10:13 AM) *

Lol, just as well. They are slavers laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 27 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #2359

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Spoily Khajiit is spoily! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 27 2018, 10:55 PM
Post #2360

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 27 2018, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Spoily Khajiit is spoily! ohmy.gif

Lol, oh please. Khajiit didn’t say anything that he couldn’t learn in game right out of the vault by listening to John Henry Eden. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

145 Pages V « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM