Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 61 62 63 64 65 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
mALX
post Feb 9 2018, 01:52 AM
Post #1241

Ancient
Group Icon

Ghastley = I saw someone riding a white bear this morning! I couldn't catch the guy riding it, but from what I saw of it (which was from the side and behind, didn't see the face) = it is going to have longer hair than the brown bear mounts; very winter-coat looking!

I think since it is the only one I've seen out there until now that they are being released to the Japanese (living in Japan) players first and that we will get them in about 6 months. (residential Japanese players always get the really good pets and mounts before the U.S. = like they did the black cats with red collars, the white cats with pink collars, etc.)

I saw a vid of "Coldwind" the Snow Bear they sold for 2500 Crowns back in 2015; which is the one you might get as a very rare drop in a crate now = but I don't think the one I saw today was Coldwind because Coldwind had a smooth coat like all those brown bear mounts do. The bear I saw today had much more really thick fur on it.

Someone did get one of those "Coldwind" ones in a crate early last year and it created a stir amongst other players wanting one (on the forums) = so there is a very good chance they would bring it back out (or another white bear mount) for a limited offering again.

So I would say that your white bear mount will most def be returning. If that one I saw was for the Japanese; then look for it to be in the Crown Store for a limited few days in about 6 months.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 9 2018, 02:08 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #1242

Ancient
Group Icon

Some of the Players new to ESO might not know about this, so thought I'd give a heads up:

On some major patches the character's stats can be reset incidentally in the patch. It could be just your skills; but it could be everything including champion points.

There is a big patch coming up in a week or so; so the best thing to do just in case is to be prepared for it: Make a character sheet for your important characters.

Write down the attribute points; log your champion points set-up; skill bars; any alternate skills/morphs used; and either take a screenshot of your character's stat page or log it by hand so you know where they were stat-wise for when/if the reset occurs.

Even if they don't end up resetting the stats in this upcoming major patch; it will eventually happen (about once per year) so it is good to have these character sheets anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 10 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #1243

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2018, 09:55 AM) *

Some of the Players new to ESO might not know about this, so thought I'd give a heads up:

On some major patches the character's stats can be reset incidentally in the patch. It could be just your skills; but it could be everything including champion points.

There is a big patch coming up in a week or so; so the best thing to do just in case is to be prepared for it: Make a character sheet for your important characters.

Write down the attribute points; log your champion points set-up; skill bars; any alternate skills/morphs used; and either take a screenshot of your character's stat page or log it by hand so you know where they were stat-wise for when/if the reset occurs.

Even if they don't end up resetting the stats in this upcoming major patch; it will eventually happen (about once per year) so it is good to have these character sheets anyway.

Is there really a way to get anything corrected if that happens? Because otherwise, you've just got a sad memento.

And do they ever make mistakes in the helpful direction? smile.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #1244

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 10 2018, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2018, 09:55 AM) *

Is there really a way to get anything corrected if that happens? Because otherwise, you've just got a sad memento.

And do they ever make mistakes in the helpful direction? smile.gif

If you have those character sheets set up, just use them as a blueprint to set your character right back to where it was before the reset = so yes, you can get them back immediately as if it never happened as long as you know what you had before.

No one warned me when I first started playing, and I ended up with Bubba going from my most powerful character to being weak as a newborn kitten. But from what I hear about Wow and other MMO's = this is something Players of them are used to having happen in these games.

On the mistakes, they actually have done a few in favor of the Players = some that they didn't realize till Players were exploiting them, laugh.gif Then they go in to fix it and it ends up being a nerf to one class or another.

Me personally = I've never liked when a game "tweaks" things after release. I mean, yes fix the really bad mess-ups that never should have passed the Quality Control to be released in the first place (like Fallout 3's graphics glitches, etc) - but all those patches they forced on us XBox players to stop exploits like the dropping weapons to duplicate or Hassildor repeatedly rewarding you for killing his wife = I used to delete those patches and unhook my internet connection from the XBox to play my Oblivion game, just so I didn't have to abide by their changes in my game that I didn't want.

Unfortunately, can't do that in this game, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1245

Ancient
Group Icon

Look at this new set and all it does!!!

https://fextralife.com/eso-set-guide-jorvul...uff-management/

Holy Crap !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #1246

Councilor
Group Icon

But none of those boosted buffs can come from the armour set you just took off. Cue the set combo conversation - Jorvul's plus what?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #1247

Councilor
Group Icon

Jorvul's plus being a healer! tongue.gif Wow, Abiene is drooling over that set!

I haven't played with the outfit station yet, too busy putting Hide Helmet on everyone's quickwheel and placing their one chest in 25 dwellings. If anyone needs level 2-10 items to decon for the dye, just holler in Guild chat. Woo! This is a fun update!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 12 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #1248

Mouth
Group Icon

Aw poop, dyes are individual character achievements? Time to use all those old crafting mats lol

I agree, though, this update opened a lot of possibilities. I can decorate a house without worrying about inventory space because of furnishings and because I'm carrying around crafting stations.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #1249

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2018, 12:07 PM) *

But none of those boosted buffs can come from the armour set you just took off. Cue the set combo conversation - Jorvul's plus what?

Did you read down to the bottom? It does boost off other armor sets; and they listed a bunch of combos you can make for different purposes. This guy is real thorough with his armor reviews; he has done other ones too.

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 12 2018, 01:22 PM) *

Jorvul's plus being a healer! tongue.gif Wow, Abiene is drooling over that set!

I haven't played with the outfit station yet, too busy putting Hide Helmet on everyone's quickwheel and placing their one chest in 25 dwellings. If anyone needs level 2-10 items to decon for the dye, just holler in Guild chat. Woo! This is a fun update!

Hide Helmet = the FIRST thing I did on all my characters, rollinglaugh.gif

** Agrees to drooling over that set! Pia wears Worm Cult and Mad Tinkerer now, along with Illambris monster set and Willpower jewelry. I've already been trying to decide how to juggle that around if I get this other set = and already planning to hit up a bunch of trials runners for farming it, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 12 2018, 10:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 12 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #1250

Mouth
Group Icon

MY BOXES

Hey, I'd be careful deleting mules that stored stuff in the new containers any time soon unless the current maintenance addresses the bug where deleting them deletes the items they stored, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #1251

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 12 2018, 02:49 PM) *

Aw poop, dyes are individual character achievements? Time to use all those old crafting mats lol

I agree, though, this update opened a lot of possibilities. I can decorate a house without worrying about inventory space because of furnishings and because I'm carrying around crafting stations.

It will work great for sorting stuff that I have stored in bank mules; keep me from having to dig around if we can name the chests so I know which to dig in! Anyone know if we can name them?

Too bad I can't use them to give me more slots at the Hunding Place; urgh.

Did anyone catch all the new furnishings? WOO HOO!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #1252

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 12 2018, 03:56 PM) *

MY BOXES

Hey, I'd be careful deleting mules that stored stuff in the new containers any time soon unless the current maintenance addresses the bug where deleting them deletes the items they stored, too.

Urgh, you mean if they put the stuff into the chests that it deletes the items in the chests that they placed there? GAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!! That is NOT good! I guess you could have them put it all into the bank and only assign a highly prized character to place them in the boxes? But that is pretty scary that they would have the stuff in the boxes tied to any character; I mean ... wasn't all these storage chests kind of the point = to get rid of the bank mules and have more playable characters?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #1253

Councilor
Group Icon

You can name them! smile.gif

monkey, that is a great tip, thank you.

The new furnishings look awesome, and i'm happy to get a chance at the old ones that are back. Master writs are still hard to come by, but at least now with all traits learned and a handful of motifs, Elke has gotten a few.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #1254

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna is miffed that "hide pants" didn't make it before it went live. She can get an outfit of the lower-level gear with the shorter tassets to hide higher-level ones, but she still can't wear invisible greaves. We'll make her an outfit when I get home tonight, and then we'll create Taminwe and go get some level-up rewards. That free coffer may be the first piece of furnishing in some of the houses! The free horse might get some use, too. I didn't level her far enough on PTS to get either, especially as she was re-created more than once to tweak appearance.

ZOS isn't showing the full list of level-up stuff, just the major milestones (every five levels) - the full list as discovered on PTS is here, and I have no reason to believe it got changed since. Laurie is happy that the bed at level 18 is not one that she knows. It will probably get put in an Inn room.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 12 2018, 10:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #1255

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 12 2018, 04:20 PM) *

You can name them! smile.gif

monkey, that is a great tip, thank you.

The new furnishings look awesome, and i'm happy to get a chance at the old ones that are back. Master writs are still hard to come by, but at least now with all traits learned and a handful of motifs, Elke has gotten a few.

WOO HOO!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2018, 04:26 PM) *

Unna is miffed that "hide pants" didn't make it before it went live. She can get an outfit of the lower-level gear with the shorter tassets to hide higher-level ones, but she still can't wear invisible greaves. We'll make her an outfit when I get home tonight, and then we'll create Taminwe and go get some level-up rewards. That free coffer may be the first piece of furnishing in some of the houses! The free horse might get some use, too. I didn't level her far enough on PTS to get either, especially as she was re-created more than once to tweak appearance.

ZOS isn't showing the full list of level-up stuff, just the major milestones (every five levels) - the full list as discovered on PTS is here, and I have no reason to believe it got changed since. Laurie is happy that the bed at level 18 is not one that she knows. It will probably get put in an Inn room.

Ooh, thanks for the link!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #1256

Ancient
Group Icon

New Crown Store Showcase

Top hat!!!! Hell’s yeah!!!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 28 2018, 04:34 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 1 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #1257

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 28 2018, 10:32 AM) *

New Crown Store Showcase

Top hat!!!! Hell’s yeah!!!

WOO HOO! The Jester Personality is back!!! I am NOT going to miss out on it again!

And I hate to admit it, but I want that creepy monkey!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #1258

Ancient
Group Icon

Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild Anniversary Event going on now!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 1 2018, 05:00 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 7 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #1259

Ancient
Group Icon

New Crown Crate season and free crate qualification weekend

It’s based on the new Dragon Bones dlc (specifically Scalecaller) so the mounts have a savage and evil look to them.

@Ghastley- the bear in it is white!! (Although it is also covered in adornments)

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 7 2018, 07:00 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 7 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #1260

Paladin
Group Icon

Woot! Free crates for playing 9,10,11 Mar! Khajiit - you be da Kat! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:53 AM