13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
Acadian
post Apr 17 2020, 02:02 AM
Post #201

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm hearing about more and more dissatisfaction in PvP, Rader, so I sympathize. kvright.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 26 2020, 11:12 PM
Post #202

Mouth
Group Icon

I can't help but laugh about much ZOS f-ed up the game technically today. Part of me is definitely annoyed, and I didn't think they could screw it up THIS badly. Just...hoo boy...but I still have to laugh.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 27 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #203

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 26 2020, 06:12 PM) *

I can't help but laugh about much ZOS f-ed up the game technically today. Part of me is definitely annoyed, and I didn't think they could screw it up THIS badly. Just...hoo boy...but I still have to laugh.

I can't even log into the game = or repair the launcher! It says I am in a "Login Queue" and have to wait 17 minutes to log in; but as I'm waiting the time keeps going up and up. I waited 30 minutes and by then it said I had to wait 21 more minutes! I am pissed as hell!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 27 2020, 02:07 AM
Post #204

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm in the queue, they say 39 minutes. I was going to have Elke make a grownup sword for when new Jerric hits 50, but instead he'll just have to look around for one. I can't risk a disconnect and re-queue. dry.gif

I'm still seeing no expectation of resolving the accounts that are locked out of Greymoor before tomorrow. Maybe I just missed the news.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 27 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #205

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 26 2020, 09:07 PM) *

I'm in the queue, they say 39 minutes. I was going to have Elke make a grownup sword for when new Jerric hits 50, but instead he'll just have to look around for one. I can't risk a disconnect and re-queue. dry.gif

I'm still seeing no expectation of resolving the accounts that are locked out of Greymoor before tomorrow. Maybe I just missed the news.

Did you eventually get on? I gave up last night, and logged in briefly before work today instead. Not enough time for all the dailies I'd missed, but I did catch the log-in reward, and dump some stolen goods for Minx. She's only a head and shoulder short of a full stolen complement, now. I may need to change her thieving location for those.

I haven't bought Greymoor (yet). It will take some time to refill the bank for purchasing Proudspire, so I'll most likely get it then, especially if they drop the price over time. I ran most of it on the PTS, and didn't find anything I couldn't wait for on live. So I'm not desperate to get there on live, but 45 minute queues for the rest of Tamriel is too much!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 27 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #206

Councilor
Group Icon

I did get on in about 40 minutes. Today I had no problem, no queue, and Greymoor is fixed for me. Buggy, but fixed.

Waiting was not an option for Jerric. He wants to move here! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 27 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #207

Master
Group Icon

I managed to get on yesterday afternoon, but found interminable loading screens and wonky UI errors to be a bit frustrating. Things improved after they put in the temporary login queue, and while I had long waits both times, I got in just about when they said I would (23 min the first time, got in at 25 min, likewise quoted 33 min the second time, got in at 35). How could I be so exact? I set a timer for the time they gave me, and each time I got in just a few minutes past the buzzer.

To be honest, I rather expected something like this for launch day - after all, they are running the show from their homes. And with EVERYONE (both current and returning players) hitting the servers all at once, it's no surprise that we had so many server side issues.

Overall, I was really pleased with my initial experience (other than the loading screens of Purgatory). Today things are much improved, so it seems they've managed to squash many of the bugs from yesterday.

Argis, as my Nord Templar, is the one making the first venture into Western Skyrim, and so far he is really enjoying himself. He is now an accomplished Antiquarian, and is working on the main quest line and exploring the zone.

Of course, we already got the inn room (a walk-in closet, really) so we have a home base in Skyrim until we can get Proudspire for gold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 27 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #208

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2020, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ May 26 2020, 09:07 PM) *

Did you eventually get on? I gave up last night, and logged in briefly before work today instead. Not enough time for all the dailies I'd missed, but I did catch the log-in reward, and dump some stolen goods for Minx. She's only a head and shoulder short of a full stolen complement, now. I may need to change her thieving location for those.

I haven't bought Greymoor (yet). It will take some time to refill the bank for purchasing Proudspire, so I'll most likely get it then, especially if they drop the price over time. I ran most of it on the PTS, and didn't find anything I couldn't wait for on live. So I'm not desperate to get there on live, but 45 minute queues for the rest of Tamriel is too much!

Agree with all you said. And yeah; they always have two sales after a Chapter drops where they cut the price way down because the sales on it didn't match their expenses and they need to recoup some losses. Summerset had more sales than that, didn't it?

Truthfully = I would have waited to buy it too (if not for the Guild Hall).

Misa did finally get in game; but I cancelled my Plus membership again last night and sent them a cursing and threatening Bug Report (threatening to charge back my credit card the 207 dollars I just gave them a couple weeks ago).

And like Jerric = Misa was not waiting. She bought Proudspire Manor last night = within minutes. And of course she also got the free room, I mean ... hey, why not for that price? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 27 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #209

Councilor
Group Icon

I waited out Elsweyr until it was under half price, but at that point I was still catching up with Morrowind and Summerset that had become DLC's.

Ma'Licious has done the Northern Elsweyr (Chapter) MQ, but not the Southern one. I may make her do that to deserve her own house. That will catch us up to where we want a new zone, and Greymoor will be bought at the first price drop, rather than the last.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 27 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #210

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric managed to buy the free room for 3,000 gold. They must know he is a bad negotiator.

So far the most fun thing in Western Skyrim is the campfire at the center of the Harrowstorm sites. Perfect for player parties while we wait.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 27 2020, 07:52 PM
Post #211

Ancient
Group Icon

Has anyone else found any of the musical instruments for the Bard College? I haven't started the quest yet; but have found three.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 27 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #212

Mouth
Group Icon

Haha, my queue was "30 seconds." Curiously, those were the longest 30 seconds of my life. Was more like 20 minutes. tongue.gif It was a good thing that I wanted to start the expansion before going into the last night's raid, because I don't know if I could've gotten on in time if I logged in later. Luckily, Cyrodiil was far from full so it was easy to get in, and it actually ran quite smoothly, so I guess ZOS might have done something right in that regard. If Cyrodiil continues that way, I'll consider getting ESO+ again.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 27 2020, 02:05 PM) *

And like Jerric = Misa was not waiting. She bought Proudspire Manor last night = within minutes.

Wish I had the funds to pour into Proudspire. Freaking 1.05M gold? Seriously? It isn't THAT big. I guess they know people want it that much, or maybe that's just the cynical side of me coming out.

QUOTE(Grits @ May 27 2020, 02:43 PM) *

Jerric managed to buy the free room for 3,000 gold. They must know he is a bad negotiator.

So far the most fun thing in Western Skyrim is the campfire at the center of the Harrowstorm sites. Perfect for player parties while we wait.

Except for the part where harrowstorms take an eternity to pop up. I only got one because I was lucky enough to catch it on my way during a quest. I stood for a good 10-15 minutes at least at one in Blackreach without one spawning, and I'm pretty sure it was that for a little while before I got there because I didn't see or hear it prior to trying to catch it.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 27 2020, 02:52 PM) *

Has anyone else found any of the musical instruments for the Bard College? I haven't started the quest yet; but have found three.

Gathered 2 so far. I keep forgetting to start that quest. And of course, the Bards College has us going through dungeons again. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: May 27 2020, 08:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 3 2020, 04:45 AM
Post #213

Mouth
Group Icon

After years of connectivity issues on the NA server, I've decided to jump back into ESO and give the EU server a go. So far everything is running much more smoothly, no more rollbacks, no more interactibles becoming un-interactible, no more being unable to sprint despite having a full stamina bar.

The down side of course is that I've had to start entirely fresh, no CP or any of the items I've unlocked over on NA. I plan on taking shiny new (nEU?) Ciri through the entire game in chronological order, so no Greymoor or anything just yet (the most recent content I played before my break was Murkmire, so we're a wee bit behind).

I did make a second character, a necromancer, and got her situated in Solitude. No questing for her just yet, but I couldn't resist having a peek at the city.

Due to some PC issues toward the end of last year, I have none of my old screenshots, so look forward to seeing some new ones soon. happy.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 3 2020, 12:02 PM
Post #214

Paladin
Group Icon

Hazmick that is wonderful news that you're playing ESO again! We'll miss you in the guild but, honestly, I value the forum connection we have much more than our guild. I look forward to hearing about Ciri's progress.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 3 2020, 01:46 PM
Post #215

Master
Group Icon

While I'm still on lockdown I should pop over to the EU and bring up the toon I created back when we were doing the Summerfall event and get her going - maybe she and Ciri can adventure together! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #216

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 2 2020, 11:45 PM) *

After years of connectivity issues on the NA server, I've decided to jump back into ESO and give the EU server a go. So far everything is running much more smoothly, no more rollbacks, no more interactibles becoming un-interactible, no more being unable to sprint despite having a full stamina bar.

The down side of course is that I've had to start entirely fresh, no CP or any of the items I've unlocked over on NA. I plan on taking shiny new (nEU?) Ciri through the entire game in chronological order, so no Greymoor or anything just yet (the most recent content I played before my break was Murkmire, so we're a wee bit behind).

I did make a second character, a necromancer, and got her situated in Solitude. No questing for her just yet, but I couldn't resist having a peek at the city.

Due to some PC issues toward the end of last year, I have none of my old screenshots, so look forward to seeing some new ones soon. happy.gif

HAZMICK !!!!!!!! It is SO good to hear from you and see you on here! I agree with Acadian; I'd rather see you on this site every now and then; that is more important than us all hanging out in game! (a lot of us "solo-play" in game most of the time anyway; lol).

I know Lopov is on the EU; and I think Grits plays on it occasionally as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 23 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #217

Ancient
Group Icon

I don’t know what is going on with my game or computer, but every time I log out with a character the game “stops working” and I have to go all the way back to the launcher. I tried reinstalling the game, but that didn’t fix it. Not a super big deal as the game itself seems to run fine, but it’s slightly annoying.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 23 2020, 06:00 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 23 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #218

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 23 2020, 12:55 PM) *

I don’t know what is going on with my game or computer, but every time I log out with a character the game “stops working” and I have to go all the way back to the launcher. I tried reinstalling the game, but that didn’t fix it. Not a super big deal as the game itself seems to run fine, but it’s slightly annoying.

What about the repair function from the launcher?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 23 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #219

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 23 2020, 12:15 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 23 2020, 12:55 PM) *

What about the repair function from the launcher?

I looked but didn’t see the repair option. Besides, wouldn’t reinstalling the game do what the repair function would do?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 23 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #220

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 23 2020, 03:13 PM) *

I looked but didn’t see the repair option. Besides, wouldn’t reinstalling the game do what the repair function would do?

I would assume so, but you know how screwy this game can be. When you go into the launcher, you should see a little wheel-like icon near the top right. When you click on it, the repair option should be on the drop-down menu that pops up (one time, it took a few seconds to pop up for me for some reason, so don't click away too quickly if you don't see it).

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:40 AM