Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Sep 24 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #281

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2018, 02:25 PM) *

Now that Laurie can make a Hlaalu bat tub, we've installed one - plus a wash basin, and a single, presumably cold, faucet over it - at Sleek Creek, in the "outhouse". That arrangement avoids the need for screening it off, but the other homes need dividers or something similar. I looked at the price of the blueprints for the Dres ones to use in the Saint Delyn Penthouse, and decided I need a plan B. Some of the other homes could use one, too, and I'll be having the same problem, although not all dividers cost an arm and a leg, and Laurie can already make Redguard, Khajiit or Wood Elf ones.

Does anyone have experience of buying random plans from Rollis?

I used to be addicted to buying the random plans from him; but got so many repeats of the same item that when they doubled the prices on those random plans I stopped buying those. It is kind of like the crates, it is a crap shoot whether you get anything you need or want.

Now I just find out the correct name of exactly what I want to be able to craft and then go buy it from the guild traders. Whenever I see anything I like in a friend's home, I stop immediately and ask them for the full name of it and write it down. Then I go to the Tamriel Trade Center and find out who has the plans for sale.

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

You can type the full name or just type a portion of the name into the "Tamriel Trade Center" site (above or just Google it) and it will give you a drop down list of any items with that word in it = choose the one you want and click on it. It will open up a second page that tells you which guild traders have that item and how much they are selling it for (and when someone last searched for it). It defaults to showing you the most recent finds; but you can click on "Price" to sort it by lowest price too.

That way you are only buying what you want, not relying on the RNG to give you something you might (not) need or want.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 24 2018, 07:58 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #282

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry, I haven't rolled the dice with Rollis yet. Jerric has to finish the Vvardenfell achievement before he can buy the Morrowind ones. He is not even close yet. Pog has been buying purple plans at the Guild traders.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 24 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #283

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm using the TTC to get plan prices, and the nice Dres dividers are more than the price of Autumn's Gate! If Minx decides she wants somewhere larger (like the Ald Velothi Harbour House) then we might use enough to make it worth spending. Or we might put a Dark Elf bedroom in Mathiisen Manor, and use a few.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 25 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #284

Master
Group Icon

I still roll at Rolis for the purple and blue random plans - we are still getting 50% new plans (new to Maz anyway), the rest we just put up for sale at our traders.

As of yet Maz can't do the Morrowind ones, she has not yet gone to vvardenfell. Phae has the requirement, and we probably could give her the vouchers to hit up the snooty one, but we haven't tried that yet.

At this point, a year and a half into housing, we've decided to not spend any more money on plans unless it is something we are going to use a lot of (and Maz has already learned most of those). If we need only one or two of something for a specific instance, I just send the materials to my housing guild GM and he makes them for me. If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I am not as heavily into the Alinor stuff as I thought I would be - it's just too German Romantic to appeal to me. It feels like it belongs in palaces of the royalty and not the humble homes of the working class like my gang. The boudoir Redguard style is as fancy as my toons want to get.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 25 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #285

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 25 2018, 09:47 AM) *

I still roll at Rolis for the purple and blue random plans - we are still getting 50% new plans (new to Maz anyway), the rest we just put up for sale at our traders.

As of yet Maz can't do the Morrowind ones, she has not yet gone to vvardenfell. Phae has the requirement, and we probably could give her the vouchers to hit up the snooty one, but we haven't tried that yet.

At this point, a year and a half into housing, we've decided to not spend any more money on plans unless it is something we are going to use a lot of (and Maz has already learned most of those). If we need only one or two of something for a specific instance, I just send the materials to my housing guild GM and he makes them for me. If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I am not as heavily into the Alinor stuff as I thought I would be - it's just too German Romantic to appeal to me. It feels like it belongs in palaces of the royalty and not the humble homes of the working class like my gang. The boudoir Redguard style is as fancy as my toons want to get.

Bold: I just don't know what you could mean! rollinglaugh.gif

https://imgur.com/efyswak

BWAAHAA!!! Yeah, I'm pretty hooked on it, the Dres and Redoran. And it is too fancy for my characters; but I can't stand it, it is just so much fun to play with!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 25 2018, 04:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 26 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #286

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2018, 10:51 AM) *

*snip*

*snip*

German Romantic is what I call the Gothic Revival style that was popular in Germany about 200 years ago - emphasis on dark wood, light stone, massive furnishings meant to intimidate the common folk - not very comfortable at all to me!

Went digging on DuckDuckGo and found a few images of German interiors that pretty much epitomize that period

Cochem Castle
Bed and Breakfast in a German Castle
Those Cathedral Windows are the inspiration for the tall Palace windows in Alinor (and the Psijic Villa!)
Typical Bavarian Castle Bedroom

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 26 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #287

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 26 2018, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2018, 10:51 AM) *

*snip*

*snip*

German Romantic is what I call the Gothic Revival style that was popular in Germany about 200 years ago - emphasis on dark wood, light stone, massive furnishings meant to intimidate the common folk - not very comfortable at all to me!

Went digging on DuckDuckGo and found a few images of German interiors that pretty much epitomize that period

Cochem Castle
Bed and Breakfast in a German Castle
Those Cathedral Windows are the inspiration for the tall Palace windows in Alinor (and the Psijic Villa!)
Typical Bavarian Castle Bedroom

I was just making a joke, (hence the "roll on floor laughing" emote). I knew what you meant. The truth is, so far it is the only style that they have given us decent building blocks for; so I actually have gone nuts playing with them, which is why I attached that screenshot, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 26 2018, 04:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 7 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #288

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 25 2018, 08:47 AM) *

If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I didn't respond at the time, but we did buy the plans and make a pair. I reason that I am going to get more Dunmer houses, and will put them to good use. In fact, we hit the slot limit in the St Delyn Penthouse and are getting restless right now.

I'm also softening my stance on not using crown-purchase furnishings. With my purchase of the last couple of mounts for Unna and Floozie, there's little left in the store that we're saving for. I'm collecting gold as fast as I'm wanting new homes, so paying Crowns for houses isn't needed. Those nice Redguard chairs, and the firelogs, and the books may get acquired soon.

Any advice re buying single pieces versus packs?

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 8 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #289

Master
Group Icon

If the Pack has a TON of really neat furnishings that you must have, then get the pack.

I've seen that the furnishings in the packs tend to be duplicated in the CS, with the exception of a couple of items - the statues in the Dibella and Clockwork City packs come to mind.

I got two Dibella packs because I liked the statue that much, but I passed on the Clockwork pack because there weren't very many items I wanted, and those that I did want were available in the CS. Same with the New Life pack. So I hope that helps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 8 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #290

Councilor
Group Icon

I'll be trying it later, but I may as well ask now. Has anyone used the /sethome command of EHT? Each of my characters has a place they call their own, and I regularly park them there, but I'm wondering what downside there might be. After all, it would have been easy for ZOS to do it per character, instead of just per player.

Still, they don't provide for a guildhall to be saved for a guild, so maybe it's just a "not worth their effort" decision.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 1 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #291

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anyone have a furnished Gardner House I could look at? I previewed it, and wasn't impressed by the ZOS furnished look, and the empty house has overdone the open-plan thing. I'm really looking for ideas on slicing it up.

We haven't bought it yet, but I'm considering it for Floozie's graduation present when she hits level 50. The proximity to Rolis will help Laurie with Master Writ turn-ins as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 4 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #292

Councilor
Group Icon

Another query for the group. Unna just completed the achievements for Hero of the Ebonheart Pact (because she could) and I note that it entitles us to purchase the Ebonheart Chateau for gold, instead of crowns. We have 2.4M of the 3.8M required, and could probably get there fairly quickly by doing all the top-level daily crafting across the team.

After doing Cadwell's Gold, she's not far from the same achievement in the other two alliances, but buying all three manors is more than 10M gold total. Has anyone bought them all for gold, or did you use Crowns? Because Floozie is a Breton, she'd prefer that we get Daggerfall Overlook first, and maybe instead of the Gardner House. However, Laurie wants that one to reach Rolis faster. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 4 2019, 09:53 PM
Post #293

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry, Jerric’s crew hasn’t bought any of those houses for Crowns or gold. If they do it will be for gold. Crowns are reserved for horses, dogs, and dresses. tongue.gif

The Flaming Nix room is a good step-stone to Rolis. Mournhold is my most used writ spot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #294

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 7 2019, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 25 2018, 08:47 AM) *

If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I didn't respond at the time, but we did buy the plans and make a pair. I reason that I am going to get more Dunmer houses, and will put them to good use. In fact, we hit the slot limit in the St Delyn Penthouse and are getting restless right now.

I'm also softening my stance on not using crown-purchase furnishings. With my purchase of the last couple of mounts for Unna and Floozie, there's little left in the store that we're saving for. I'm collecting gold as fast as I'm wanting new homes, so paying Crowns for houses isn't needed. Those nice Redguard chairs, and the firelogs, and the books may get acquired soon.

Any advice re buying single pieces versus packs?

I personally do not like to spend Crowns on furniture either; because it is real world money spent on a game/virtual item. I don't even like buying Pets or Mounts with Crowns = not to say I haven't done it; I have a few times. I just really don't like to. When they legalized the Gold for Crowns Exchange; I was thrilled; and kind of went on a spending spree for a little while.

Then this past December they finally opened up the household furnishings in the Crown Store in exchange for Gold in game! (before this past December the Crown furnishings lists that you can only access while inside your home were not attainable by Gold to Crown exchanges; but midway through December they removed that restriction! WOO HOO !!!! )

The Special furniture "Packs" for Events/Holidays = those are usually NOT available for gifting; so would not be able to be purchased with a Gold/Crowns exchange (but some of the basic year round packs possibly could be; just look for the "Giftable" logo in the Crown Store to see what you can buy for Gold/Crown exchanges.

* If interested:

You have to find a Broker; and it has to be items marked as "Giftable" in the Crown Store (some things aren't).

The exchange rate (Gold per Crown) varies depending on the market. (in the past week it went up from (150 Gold per Crown) to (200 Gold per Crown).

How it works is that you contact a Broker to buy the Crown items you want. (so shop first before contacting them; and have the exact name of the item you want written down with spelling correct because you will need to be exact).

I use my SneakyBo Guild to get the lowest prices in the exchange; and because there is no middleman with my Guild = I just contact the Guild Master and tell them what I want; send them the gold; and they send me the items in minutes.

Before SneakyBo started Brokering Crowns I used the Tamriel Crown Exchange (who has Gina Bruno as an Officer). They are more expensive and you have to deal with a Broker and a "Procurer" = neither of whom are people you know personally; so you are meeting them outside of towns so they can tell it is you meeting them (not in the middle of a crowd trying to see names). You have to wait till all three are there; then trusting strangers to send it in the mail that might spell your account name wrong; etc = it was very uncomfortable for me.

I was really glad when my Guild started Brokering so I didn't have to use the Exchange anymore. The difference is = the Tamriel Crown Exchange works well for people who are not in a Guild that Brokers Crowns. They are there for everyone who has no one else to turn to first. (they would never be my first choice now that I know how easy it can be with your own Guilds).

* Houses:

They are wavering right now on selling houses for a "Gold to Crown" exchange because it turns out to be a lot cheaper exchanging Gold for Crowns than buying them for Gold via the normal route. So to buy houses you have to "Apply" and may or may not be approved.

If approved; the Exchange cannot (or will not) do furnished houses = NO furniture. That means no free rocks; lights; trees; etc.

I actually bought Coldharbour that way; but there was a LONG wait for them to approve the sale = about a month from the time I paid till I received the Surreal Estate on my account. And they come stripped bare; no "free" Lights or anything. I finally (after a month) got a message in my game mailbox from ESO's system = telling me that I had to log out and log back in; and Coldharbour would be on my account when I logged back in.

The reason they are balking on allowing the houses is because the price buying it this way is SO much lower than their set Gold price that they would get overwhelmed with people wanting to buy it via the Exchange. They don't want the hassle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 5 2019, 01:02 AM
Post #295

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay; in answer to your other questions:

Sometimes the packs have a unique item in them that makes the rest of the pack worth buying if you want that one item bad enough = example: The big crow combat dummy was AWESOME! = but you could only get it in that pack. (that pack also had a scarecrow with crows flying around and landing on it intermittently; a crow that would perch inside your house and move its head looking around; etc = things you can't buy anywhere or anytime else but in that pack. So you really have to hit that "R" key and review what is in each pack to determine if you think it is worth the 4000 (or so) Crowns. Some of them are def worth it (like the above one with the crows; or the Dibella one that Haute bought; etc). But some of them aren't worth anything because ZOS has loaded them up with crates and barrels that have zero value or their plainest pieces.

I haven't bought that Gardner House; but you can check out YouTube vids to see how others have decorated there for some ideas or inspiration, etc.

I have not even bought one of the noble houses at all yet; really not sure if I will; though I have earned the Achievements to get all three. They cost a lot of money; and if I'm not mistaken they only come with 700 inventory slots and aren't close enough to any amenities. I prefer the smaller houses for my own use; (when not trying to make a guild hall, lol).

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 4 2019, 03:53 PM) *

Sorry, Jerric’s crew hasn’t bought any of those houses for Crowns or gold. If they do it will be for gold. Crowns are reserved for horses, dogs, and dresses. tongue.gif

The Flaming Nix room is a good step-stone to Rolis. Mournhold is my most used writ spot.

I absolutely LOVE that Flaming Nix room! It is one of my favorites! (hard to beat Sleek Creek, though).

Oh Ghastley = might want to ask Haute! She has a huge number of the houses; so very well could have the Gardner and Noble houses! Her decorating in the bigger houses is amazing!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 5 2019, 01:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 19 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #296

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 4 2019, 03:53 PM) *

N00b question: Can I turn in at any Rolis? The Master Writ quest always points me specifically at Wayrest (for Laurie) or Mournhold (for Unna) rather than giving me a list of possible locations.

I suspect a One Tamriel change that didn't get updated in the UI. I still see some of the regular writ quests telling me to turn in elsewhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 19 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #297

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, you can turn in master writs to any Rolis despite the fact that the quest 'points' you to the Rolis in your alliance.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 19 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #298

Councilor
Group Icon

At some point I need to decide which is now the quickest to get to. Now Floozie has the Gardner House, I can go there direct from the Psijic Villa after using the Guild's stations, so it's probably going to win over the Snugpod alternative, but there won't be much in it.

And mentioning the Gardner House reminds me. I was comparing prices for plans and furnishings, and noticed that some lower-level plans are cheaper than an item made from them. The Purples are usually a considerable multiple for the plan, and Laurie debates for a long time before buying the plan (always). Anyone in a trade guild have a clue where those prices come from?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #299

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 19 2019, 02:00 PM) *

At some point I need to decide which is now the quickest to get to. Now Floozie has the Gardner House, I can go there direct from the Psijic Villa after using the Guild's stations, so it's probably going to win over the Snugpod alternative, but there won't be much in it.

And mentioning the Gardner House reminds me. I was comparing prices for plans and furnishings, and noticed that some lower-level plans are cheaper than an item made from them. The Purples are usually a considerable multiple for the plan, and Laurie debates for a long time before buying the plan (always). Anyone in a trade guild have a clue where those prices come from?

You can travel to any house from the Villa; including Snugpod. Snugpod is smaller, but is very close to a Wayshrine; Guild Traders; Merchants; the Undaunted Enclave; a Stables; and both a Writ turn in spot and a Master Writ turn in spot. Gardner house doesn't offer all those amenities; it is just a lot bigger. It may be in town; but is not convenient to the needed facilities.

Also, what Grits said above = the Flaming Nix in Mournhold = it is my second favorite house of all of them (Sleek Creek in Rawl'kha is my top favorite). The Nix is just as convenient as Snugpod; but add to that convenience to crafting stations and a price of @ 13,000 gold! Can't beat that!

The best way I can think of to make a decision on which houses to buy is to walk from the house to the nearest facilities you might want access to from them. The biggest of these has to be a Wayshrine. Anything beyond that it offers is a plus.

Addendum: The prices on anything at the Guild Traders is based on how many there are on the market. The rarer the item; the higher the price to buy it. If the market is flooded with them, they will go for nothing no matter how much they cost to make.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 19 2019, 11:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 20 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #300

Master
Group Icon

I have two locations I really like for crafting/writ turn-ins: the Captain Margaux House in Daggerfall and the Flaming Nix apartment in Mournhold. I have my two crafters - Maz and Alise, parked there, both places are set up with seven crafting stations for their daily crafting writs. Both have Tythis living there as well, it makes it convenient to bank deconstruction items and pass master writs around.

The only drawback with the Margaux house is having to cross all of Daggerfall to get to the writ drop off and wayshrine, this is when Maz takes Madanach the stallion out for his daily run.

The Flaming Nix really has no drawback, the wayshrine, writ drop off location, and Rolis are all right there. Alise doesn't even mount, she just runs.

Snugpod is neat, but I really hate having to go inside and upstairs just to use crafting stations - it seems there is a lot more running involved.

As for surveys/master writs, generally every four days or so I have Maz go out and collect all the surveys, then hop to mALX's Villa to do the master writs, then port to Alise's Nix to drop off the writs. It makes for a nice change of scenery, though we curse every time we have a survey in a fairly inaccessible location . . .

On an unrelated note, I'm off these next four days (even Saturday ohmy.gif ), so I will be working with EHT's animation effects - I have an idea for one of my smaller homes that I'm dying to put into practice. It will be a challenge, but any of you with an updated version of EHT will be welcome to come see . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:31 PM