Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Total War Series, Shogun, Medieval, Rome, Empire, Napoleon, etc...
Uleni Athram
post Jan 3 2021, 05:36 AM
Post #321

Master
Group Icon

My Seleucid bois is getting thrashed around, I see. *sad Seleucidophile noises*

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 3 2021, 06:33 AM
Post #322

Ancient
Group Icon

I was fighting the Seleucids for a while, when I conquered Asia Minor. But after that they just sort of became irrelevant. The Parthians have eaten up all their territory in the east, and I have taken all of it in the west. All they have left is one territory in the middle, which is far enough out of the way that no one has bothered with it for the past 20 turns or so.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 3 2021, 07:31 AM
Post #323

Mouth
Group Icon

Rome Total War I, a great game I haven't played in years. Reminded me of Masters of Magic without the magic. roman Legions for magic, fair trade. I even had an Amazon faction, don't remember if they were playable or not

There were a few world expanding mods for Rome Total War I if I remember correctly. Thought it would be fun to play as Bactria and conquer the entire world.

The music, that Soldiers Chant as the legions marched was the most inspiring of any game I've played.

Divinitus is one of my favorite RTW songs.

hellatorius victorialis (warlike; victory)
erastus necessitas (lovers; death)
honararius despondeo (honor; despair)
spiritus obdormio (life; death)
patriota gladiator (country; fighter)
afflictio ommento (pain; waiting)
divinitus salutaris (heaven; salvation)
furtivus libertas (furtive love; freedom)

I still have the game disk. Will it play on Win10?

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 3 2021, 07:33 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 3 2021, 09:38 AM
Post #324

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 3 2021, 02:33 PM) *

I was fighting the Seleucids for a while, when I conquered Asia Minor. But after that they just sort of became irrelevant. The Parthians have eaten up all their territory in the east, and I have taken all of it in the west. All they have one territory in the middle, which is far enough out of the way that no one has bothered with it for the past 20 turns or so.

Alas, for the imperium of Seleucus! I’m not surprised tho lmao I have yet to find a non-Seleucid play through where they actually manage to survive the armies of Egypt, *Armenia, Pontus and Parthia on their own. A shame, since their roster is the most powerful outside of the Romans IMO.

Words you can hear:

OUT OF MOVES, SIR
BESIEGING THE SETTLEMENT, SIR
THIS LAND IS ROOOMAN
IMPERATOR?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 4 2021, 08:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #325

Paladin
Group Icon

Very imposing shield wall!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 4 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #326

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 3 2021, 01:31 AM) *

Rome Total War I, a great game I haven't played in years. Reminded me of Masters of Magic without the magic. roman Legions for magic, fair trade. I even had an Amazon faction, don't remember if they were playable or not

There were a few world expanding mods for Rome Total War I if I remember correctly. Thought it would be fun to play as Bactria and conquer the entire world.

The music, that Soldiers Chant as the legions marched was the most inspiring of any game I've played.

Divinitus is one of my favorite RTW songs.

hellatorius victorialis (warlike; victory)
erastus necessitas (lovers; death)
honararius despondeo (honor; despair)
spiritus obdormio (life; death)
patriota gladiator (country; fighter)
afflictio ommento (pain; waiting)
divinitus salutaris (heaven; salvation)
furtivus libertas (furtive love; freedom)

I still have the game disk. Will it play on Win10?

Divinitus is my favorite song from the soundtrack. It is playing for me on Windows 10. The game that is, not the song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 6 2021, 02:31 AM
Post #327

Ancient
Group Icon

I have carried on my war against Parthia. After reaching the eastern edge of the map, I turned south, and crushed them in their heartland. I now rule the land between the Tigris and Euprhates. My original plan was to continue west from this point, and take on the remnants of the Seleucids in Hatra.

But then I noticed that the Parthians only had two settlements left, Dumatha and Bostra, and those were only lightly garrisoned.

OTOH, the Seleucids now have 3 territories, and some big armies in Palmyra and Hatra.

Clearly the Seleucids are going to take some time to finish. If I go after them, that will give the Parthians time to raise more troops. Then they will give me more trouble when I finally do turn to them. So I changed my initial plans, and sent detachments down to take both Dumatha and Bostra. That will wipe the Parthians out entirely. In the meantime, I am building up my main eastern army in Thapsakos in preparation of attacking the Selucids at a later time.

Farther west I fought a massive battle with the Egyptians on the bridge north of Antioch. You can see the city in the distance.

It's a nice looking city. I think I'll have it

The governor has a swanky pad

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 6 2021, 06:18 PM
Post #328

Paladin
Group Icon

Some pretty large scale thinking/strategy going on there on a world domination scale. You're right - that is a massive battle you set up at the receiving end of that bridge.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2021, 06:34 PM
Post #329

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 5 2021, 07:31 PM) *

I have carried on my war against Parthia. After reaching the eastern edge of the map, I turned south, and crushed them in their heartland. I now rule the land between the Tigris and Euprhates. My original plan was to continue west from this point, and take on the remnants of the Seleucids in Hatra.

But then I noticed that the Parthians only had two settlements left, Dumatha and Bostra, and those were only lightly garrisoned.

OTOH, the Seleucids now have 3 territories, and some big armies in Palmyra and Hatra.

Clearly the Seleucids are going to take some time to finish. If I go after them, that will give the Parthians time to raise more troops. Then they will give me more trouble when I finally do turn to them. So changed my initial plans, and sent detachments down to take both Dumatha and Bostra. That will wipe the Parthians out entirely. In the meantime, I am building up my main eastern army in Thapsakos in preparation of attacking the Selucids at a later time.

Farther west I fought a massive battle with the Egyptians on the bridge north of Antioch. You can see the city in the distance.

It's a nice looking city. I think I'll have it

The governor has a swanky pad

What nation are you playing as Subbie?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 6 2021, 11:23 PM
Post #330

Master
Group Icon

An inferior faction, because it is not the Seleucids. In fact, all factions, including the Romans, are inferior to the Seleucids.

Nah, I’m just kidding lmaooo I think the Sage is playing the Amazonians from her mod

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 7 2021, 12:21 AM
Post #331

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 6 2021, 04:23 PM) *

An inferior faction, because it is not the Seleucids. In fact, all factions, including the Romans, are inferior to the Seleucids.

Nah, I’m just kidding lmaooo I think the Sage is playing the Amazonians from her mod

Ooo! Isn’t there a Total War game out now that features the Amazons as a playable faction?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 7 2021, 03:23 AM
Post #332

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 6 2021, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 6 2021, 04:23 PM) *

Ooo! Isn’t there a Total War game out now that features the Amazons as a playable faction?

There is now. I discovered Troy Total War, which is one of the smaller entries like the Britannia TW they put out a few years ago. That has two Amazon factions. Before that, there were only a handful of female units you could recruit as the Scythians, and one Amazon chariot unit that the rebels had in one city. The whole reason I created Amazon Total War was because of the lack of female representation in the franchise.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 9 2021, 03:42 AM
Post #333

Ancient
Group Icon

I forgot that I made the Parthians are horde faction. So taking all of their cities did not destroy them. Instead it turned them into a horde

In the meantime I worked my way down the Egyptian cities along the coast of the Levant

Then it was time for the Seleucids

Amazon courage has laid them low

The east is Amazon

The Parthian horde headed west into the Nile Valley

I really do not want them to settle down. Because then I would have to fight them all over again. So I have a solution

It took some time, and numerous assassins and spies, but finally the last Parthian General sleeps with the fishes

That ended the Parthians for once and all

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 9 2021, 04:51 AM
Post #334

Mouth
Group Icon

You are using the Barbarian Invasion expansion? I didn't play much with the expansion so I find it interesting how you are managing the battles.

Assassins can be quite effective.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 9 2021, 10:20 AM
Post #335

Ancient
Group Icon

I started Amazon Total War with the RTW executable. But eventually I moved to the BI executable. It adds a lot more to the game, especially with hordes and night battles.

Only a general with the Night Fighter trait can start a night battle, or join in to reinforce one if they are nearby. This is handy when there are three or four full stacks of enemy armies all clustered together. Normally attacking one brings them all into the battle. But if you attack at night, you can fight them separately.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 9 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #336

Paladin
Group Icon

Ever onward, the quest for world domination continues. Looks like good use of assassins; sometimes a few of them (or snipers) can really wreak havoc.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 13 2021, 11:38 AM
Post #337

Ancient
Group Icon

I almost have finished up my Amazonia campaign. After finishing off the Seleucids things got a lot easier. I was able to concentrate on just two fronts: Greece and Egypt, while standing on the defensive in the Caucasus and the Thracian border. I rolled over Egypt with little difficulty, and the Greeks and Macedonians.

I did get a curve ball when a Carthaginian fleet dropped up a full stack of Carthaginian troops next to Appolonia. I had to shift my troops around to get to them before they could lay siege to the city. So now I am at war with Carthage. They have been driven from Africa, and are only left on Sicily and a few islands. So I have put together a big invasion fleet, and just reached Sicily. Once I take the three cities on the island, I will meet the victory conditions of 50 territories.

Even stranger, a Gorgon fleet also showed up, and dropped off one of their armies next to Sparta. They are an Amazon faction that starts in western Africa. They did not attack me however. They just stood there for several turns. Eventually I created a diplomat and bribed them to disband.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 14 2021, 04:55 AM
Post #338

Ancient
Group Icon

Tonight I finished off my Amazonia Campaign. I am kind of fatigued on grand strategy right now. So I might go back to Kotor 2. Or to Baldur's Gate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 1 2021, 01:59 AM
Post #339

Ancient
Group Icon

Just when I thought I was out, the Amazons pulled me back in. I am now playing a Bean Sidhe (Banshee) campaign. I smashed the Gauls with swordswomen and chariots. Now I am crushing the Germans and Romans. I am about done with Germania. Not because they are nearly wiped out. Beyond them is the Valkyrja empire, which I would rather not fight. They are Amazons as well, and will give me much more trouble. The Germans are easier to deal with. So I intend to leave a narrow strip of their cities between them and me to act as a buffer, and just slaughter the Germans whenever they are foolish enough to raise my ire.

Down south I am going all out against the Romans. I have two full-sized armies down there now, one for the east coast, one for the west. I just got the ability to create onagers and my high-tier archers. So it is going to be a city-taking, slaughter fest.

Complicating things are the Gorgons. They are the final Amazon faction, from the western Sahara. Why they are coming up on boats to land in my territory in northern Italy is beyond me. But they keep doing it, and keep distracting me from the Romans by attacking the cities in my rear. I have been forced to thrash them on numerous occasions. I am going to have to create a picket line of ships out at sea, to ward off their amphibious landings.

Facing off against the Germans

Oh noes! A flash flood!

Charge!

Killer Queen

This game has gone to the dogs

I never got the Marian Reforms the last game. Normally they are triggered when a Roman faction builds an Imperial Palace in one of the cities in Italy. The Imp Palace is the highest tier government building, which you can only create with a Huge level city (24,000+ people).

So I tried using the console to force the reforms. I put a spy in Rome to find out what its population was. Then I went to the console and used the command to add population:

add_population Roma 7,000

Then I waited until the next turn, and hoped that the AI started building an Imperial Palace there. So I used the console to automatically complete all buildings in the queue for the city:

process_cq Roma

That did it! The Romans got their snazzy Imperial Legionaries. And all my generals got their bodyguards upgraded to their armored versions.

Note that you have to use the internal name of the city, from descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt. That might be different from what you actually see in the game. Hence in this case Roma, rather than Rome.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 1 2021, 04:27 AM
Post #340

Mouth
Group Icon

Gone to the dogs, eh? Next thing you know there'll be Flaming Pigs.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:47 AM