18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Mod Looks Interesting, Trying To Keep Up With New Mods
SubRosa
post Oct 10 2015, 02:26 AM
Post #241

Ancient
Group Icon

It looks like you are using something, because your screenshots look more vibrant and colorful than the vanilla game settings.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 10 2015, 02:49 AM
Post #242

Paladin
Group Icon

That's good to hear that my screenies are nice. More, you think, than the official DLC for graphics provides? I had a small saturation mod quite some time ago and uninstalled it because it made Superian look funny. Perhaps 300 hours ago and before I started our current playthrough. I wouldn't think there would be any residuals. But overall, I'm not unhappy with my graphics so if I don't get them any better I'm still happy enough.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 10 2015, 03:02 AM
Post #243

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 9 2015, 09:49 PM) *

That's good to hear that my screenies are nice. More, you think, than the official DLC for graphics provides? I had a small saturation mod quite some time ago and uninstalled it because it made Superian look funny. Perhaps 300 hours ago and before I started our current playthrough. I wouldn't think there would be any residuals. But overall, I'm not unhappy with my graphics so if I don't get them any better I'm still happy enough.

If you have the official texture pack it over-rides everything (from what I've heard).

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 10 2015, 04:35 AM
Post #244

Ancient
Group Icon

Now you prompted me to do a test with No Tint active and turned off. I don't see any difference now either. But back in the day it made a huge difference. So something else is changing the saturation levels. I opened up No Tint in the CK and found it modifies the Image Space and Image Space Modifier entries.

A quick look revealed that the No Bloom mod I am using also mods the Image Spaces. So it is overriding that half of No Tint. I have my own home made weather mod, but it does not touch Image Spaces or Image Space Modifiers. I will have to look to see what else might be overriding the Image Space Modifiers.

Okay, I just disabled all of my mods and tried the game. Still looks the same. I swear it is more colorful than it was when I first started playing. So I wonder if Bethesda sneaked in a change to the saturation levels in one of the updates?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 10 2015, 05:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 10 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #245

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks so much for doing some testing. I know my eye for graphics is not very sophisticated so I appreciate hearing your impressions. I'll probably try those other two today and see how they do.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 10 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #246

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 9 2015, 03:41 PM) *

I just started using Revamped Exterior Fog. It is a simple mod that moves back the fog from the player. But it has a big effect at removing much of the desaturated haze of the game. It makes things much brighter and more colorful.

I also started using Remove Interior Fog which does a similar thing with all the interiors.

Of course I have also been using No Tint and Desaturation since I started playing, to remove the grey, colorless tint the vanilla game puts on everything.

The three of these mods really help to bring back the color to the game, without the need of using an ENB.

I would most def be interested in the one that clears the interior fog; that is one thing that bugged me to death in Skyrim - hazy interiors in the houses. I mean, in a dungeon it is fine, but inside your house in a sunny city?

Thank you for the link!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 10 2015, 09:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 11 2015, 02:34 AM
Post #247

Ancient
Group Icon

For the Lagertha fans here I stumbled across a few today:

Lagertha Player Preset for Racemenu. It also has a big list of other hair, eye, etc... mods.

Lagertha's Shield just like from the show.

Grace Darklings Ranger Armor might be your best bet for female mail armor. I had a hard time finding any mail armor at all when I created Hervor, and almost all of those were either male only, or looked like crap on females. Chainmail Hauberks is what I used back then.

Chronicles of Steel adds a bunch of good Viking swords.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2015, 03:14 AM
Post #248

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 9 2015, 01:18 PM) *

I am trying out a few mods that I think are perfect for my Bosmer hunter. First are a couple of my standard mods - One with Nature, and Nature Summoning (thanks 'Rosa!). These two are in every Skyrim playthrough I've done since the second one (the first modded one). With Halle's playthrough, I tried out Hunterborn, and really liked it. It gave me lots of ideas for my Bosmer. I've added Art of the Catch to go with Frostfall (on Lite, as the regular setting is really difficult!) I have yet to try it out, but I'm looking forward to it! Since my Bosmer started with LAL's "Left for Dead" option, she literally has nothing but her wits to survive on. Fishing will definitely help!

For the hunting itself, we are using Real Bows paired with Ranger's Arrows. For quick movement from one location to another, we are trying out Aeonbarr, because he is summonable. My Bosmer likes him pitch black with blue eyes. Quite the striking beast. As we left him the default destrier size, and bareback, she finds him a challenge, but I adore the way she staggers when she dismounts.

Added, but not yet tried out, are the Bosmer Armor Pack and the Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons.

Downloaded, but not yet installed, are Spirits of Kynareth, the Wrath of Nature Path of the Druid and Wrath of Nature The Champion of Kynareth. I feel that Kyne is closest to the Bosmeri deity Y'ffre, which my Bosmer tries to follow closely. Though it's difficult to hew to the Green Pact when you have no weapons to bring down game. But that should change soon!

So we will see how things progress with Phaedre!

Those mods of SubRosa's are awesome; I have them too.

That Hunterborn mod sounds amazing, and most def one of the best roleplay mods I've seen yet - downloaded, and thank you for the link!

I didn't download the last three mods, but may eventually try them out; they sound really interesting and well done!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2015, 04:50 AM
Post #249

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 9 2015, 03:41 PM) *

I just started using Revamped Exterior Fog. It is a simple mod that moves back the fog from the player. But it has a big effect at removing much of the desaturated haze of the game. It makes things much brighter and more colorful.

I also started using Remove Interior Fog which does a similar thing with all the interiors.

Of course I have also been using No Tint and Desaturation since I started playing, to remove the grey, colorless tint the vanilla game puts on everything.

The three of these mods really help to bring back the color to the game, without the need of using an ENB.

Oooh, that exterior fog remover makes it look so much better! Most def trying that one too! Thank you for the link!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 10 2015, 09:34 PM) *

For the Lagertha fans here I stumbled across a few today:

Lagertha Player Preset for Racemenu. It also has a big list of other hair, eye, etc... mods.

Lagertha's Shield just like from the show.

Grace Darklings Ranger Armor might be your best bet for female mail armor. I had a hard time finding any mail armor at all when I created Hervor, and almost all of those were either male only, or looked like crap on females. Chainmail Hauberks is what I used back then.

Chronicles of Steel adds a bunch of good Viking swords.

I love the look of that chainmail! Really nice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #250

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, I quite like the Grace Darkling Ranger armor. But, as you know, I have kind of a weak spot for any outfit based on those mantled college type robes.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #251

Paladin
Group Icon

So I took a screenshot, saved the game, installed Revamped Exterior Fog and retook basically the same screenshot (midday in the Riften forest with trees, Buffy, Superian in close, and trees and mountains in the distance). The diffs in game seemed pretty subtle. I then pulled up the without and with screenshots and that made the difference easier to see as I studied them. The difference is, as I said, subtle, but a definite improvement. I'm thinking the Revamped Exterior Fog is a keeper. Thank you, SubRosa!

Next time we're inside a good area to check, I'll repeat the process with the interior fog mod and check that out.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #252

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 11 2015, 01:42 PM) *

So I took a screenshot, saved the game, installed Revamped Exterior Fog and retook basically the same screenshot (midday in the Riften forest with trees, Buffy, Superian in close, and trees and mountains in the distance). The diffs in game seemed pretty subtle. I then pulled up the without and with screenshots and that made the difference easier to see as I studied them. The difference is, as I said, subtle, but a definite improvement. I'm thinking the Revamped Exterior Fog is a keeper. Thank you, SubRosa!

Next time we're inside a good area to check, I'll repeat the process with the interior fog mod and check that out.

Screens or it didn't happen!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 11 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #253

Master
Group Icon

Hunterborn is definitely a keeper, especially if you want to RP a wilderness survivor. It lets my PC go off the roads and explore the countryside without worrying about supplies.

Phaedre just leveled up to 2 after over a week in the wilds between Kynesgrove and Mixwater Mill. She finally got enough good pelts to make a Hunter's Bedroll, which lets her sleep outdoors. Next up, more waterskins so she can travel further away from water. She has a Fur Armor (full sleeves), but wants to get more first. At this point her only weapon is a Hunting Bow and Bone Arrows - it is all she can craft at this time. But the best thing for her was the Tanning Rack (from Frostfall) - it really lets her make use of all the pelts she is slowly accumulating.

Further info: These mods are added to the STEP Core mod loadout, which is made up of hundreds of mods. Many are texture mods, so my plugins are actually much fewer, at 193. I'm still on the fence about Skyrim Flora Overhaul, which is part of the STEP Project. But it adds quite a bit of interest to the environment, and I suspect it makes No Tint unnecessary.

I am also trying out a new mod, Purity, which combines Pure Weathers and Pure Waters. I had Pure Waters before in previous playthroughs and loved what it does, so I thought I would give this a try. I had to disable Realistic Waters Two from the STEP project, and it took me a while to figure out how to remove all traces of this mod from the loadout. But I have to say that I love the way the water looks. And I was able to remove SkyFalls and SkyMills from the mod list, too, by using DynDOLOD to generate the animated waterfalls. I'd have to say it looks much better so far!

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Oct 11 2015, 07:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #254

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 11 2015, 02:49 PM) *

Hunterborn is definitely a keeper, especially if you want to RP a wilderness survivor. It lets my PC go off the roads and explore the countryside without worrying about supplies.

Phaedre just leveled up to 2 after over a week in the wilds between Kynesgrove and Mixwater Mill. She finally got enough good pelts to make a Hunter's Bedroll, which lets her sleep outdoors. Next up, more waterskins so she can travel further away from water. She has a Fur Armor (full sleeves), but wants to get more first. At this point her only weapon is a Hunting Bow and Bone Arrows - it is all she can craft at this time. But the best thing for her was the Tanning Rack (from Frostfall) - it really lets her make use of all the pelts she is slowly accumulating.

Further info: These mods are added to the STEP Core mod loadout, which is made up of hundreds of mods. Many are texture mods, so my plugins are actually much fewer, at 193. I'm still on the fence about Skyrim Flora Overhaul, which is part of the STEP Project. But it adds quite a bit of interest to the environment, and I suspect it makes No Tint unnecessary.

I am also trying out a new mod, Purity, which combines Pure Weathers and Pure Waters. I had Pure Waters before in previous playthroughs and loved what it does, so I thought I would give this a try. I had to disable Realistic Waters Two from the STEP project, and it took me a while to figure out how to remove all traces of this mod from the loadout. But I have to say that I love the way the water looks. And I was able to remove SkyFalls and SkyMills from the mod list, too, by using DynDOLOD to generate the animated waterfalls. I'd have to say it looks much better so far!

Hunterborn is exactly my kind of roleplay; that has to be one of the best thought out mods ever!

I like the look of both of the overhauls you posted, very nice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #255

Paladin
Group Icon

So I got Buffy into a nice cave, took a screen, saved the game and installed Remove Interior Fog. Then I loaded up the same scene and took another screen. Comparing the two side by side reveals a very significant and pleasant effect from the mod. Definitely a keeper! Thanks once again, SubRosa.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #256

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 11 2015, 05:32 PM) *

So I got Buffy into a nice cave, took a screen, saved the game and installed Remove Interior Fog. Then I loaded up the same scene and took another screen. Comparing the two side by side reveals a very significant and pleasant effect from the mod. Definitely a keeper! Thanks once again, SubRosa.

GAAAAAH!!!! Where are the screens so we can see the difference?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #257

Paladin
Group Icon

MALX, the links to the mods' pages have good screens that show what the mods do better than the simple screens I took. I just took them, pulled them up, made a keep/not keep decision and deleted the screens after they served that purpose. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 12 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #258

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 11 2015, 06:44 PM) *

MALX, the links to the mods' pages have good screens that show what the mods do better than the simple screens I took. I just took them, pulled them up, made a keep/not keep decision and deleted the screens after they served that purpose. smile.gif

verysad.gif The mod links didn't have Buffy in them verysad.gif (or should I say Bussey? laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 12 2015, 12:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 28 2015, 01:13 AM
Post #259

Councilor
Group Icon

Sarcastic Player Dialog?. If you have an arrogant, selfish bastard of a character, this mod's possibly for you. It changes the responses we have during certain conversations, making them not so "safe" and durr-ish. This mod totally fits Master Baytor's game, since he is arrogant and selfish and spoiled. It would not fit Claire's game though. She's more about "safe", durr-ish dialog to what people say.

Anyways, the author of this mod somehow played around with the responses NPCs make, as well. I don't know Serioos (mod author) did it. It seems like Serioos changed some NPC comments around, so that the things our arrogant character says will also have an appropriate response from the NPC who answers.

So yeah, I like this one. There's supposed to be another mod which caters to safer characters, but improves what we get in vanilla, conversation-wise. Maybe I'll try that one for Claire's game.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 28 2015, 01:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 28 2015, 01:33 AM
Post #260

Ancient
Group Icon

I was reading over some of the lines for that mod, and my eyes instantly lit up on this one:

"Many soldiers were killed. I hope your precious crown was worth it."

and all I cold think was:

"Many Bothans died for this. I hope your precious crown was worth it." biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:54 PM