Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Stormcrow, A Superhero's Tale
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

About a month ago I got inspired to write a superhero character. Actually two. My original idea was what if Aela and Loria were superheroes. I worked on the idea, and with a little help from folks here, January and Avery have become fully-fleshed people in their own right. Ones whom I am really loving to write.

I learned a long time ago that when it comes writing, I need to strike when the iron is hot. So I am putting Seven Reimagined on hold for the moment, and concentrating on Stormcrow and Gadget. I will finish Seven, have no worries on that. There is only one third of the story left to go.

Like with the Seven thread, I am going to use this post for general info and a collection of resources. I'll start posting the actual stories with the next post.

Since these stories are set in the contemporary world, I am taking advantage of reality for once, by setting the stories here in Metro Detroit. Almost all the locations in the upcoming stories are real. You can actually use Google Earth to follow along. A few places are fictional, in that they are from other cities, and transplanted here to The D.

Timeline
March 24 = The Conjurer summons an Abyssal during the Nain Rouge Parade. it is not anchored, and easily banished
May 4 and 5 (Saturday and Sunday) = Stormcrow Rising
May 5 = The Conjurer summons an Abyssal during Cinco De Mayo, using elemental symbols to anchor it, making it immune from banishment
May 14 and 15 (Tuesday and Wednesday) = Stormcrow Recycled
May 25 = The Conjurer summons an Abyssal during Technofest, anchoring it with an animal sacrifice
May 25 and 26 (Saturday and Sunday) = Stormcrow Burning
May 27th = Memorial Day.
May 27 - June 1 (Monday -Saturday) = Stormcrow Pride [Ferndale Pride on Saturday]
June 1 = The Conjurer summons an Abyssal during Ferndale Pride, anchoring it with a human sacrifice
June 1 - 9 = Crystal Death [Motor City Pride]
June 1 = Chad overdoes on Crystal Death at Leland City Club.
June 3 = first Crow Tales, featuring Frankenstein
June 8 = second Crow Tales, featuring This Spell For Hire. January stops the Death Dealer. Blood Raven humiliates Nazis at Motor City Pride
June 9 = Nazis on Crystal Death attack Motor City Pride
June 11 = January records interview with WNN.
June 13 = January quits working at the dojo, starts working on Artemis Argent with Rus
June 14 = January's interview is aired in its entirety, as well as in print and on WNN's website. It generates massive waves of both support and backlash against her. The same night she faces off against Gola at Eloise.

People
January Ward / Stormcrow (RL Georgie Stone)

January again

Avery Green / Gadget (RL Shameik Moore)

Avery again

General inspiration for Lighthammer (except most of his head is covered by a helmet)

Lighthammer (out of armor)

Blood Raven cosplay

The writer signing books

Cyborg cosplay

Carl Sagan

Metro Boomin

Gabriella Wilson

Cecilia Brækhus

Blood Raven on the rooftop

Barbara Ward (January's mom) (RL Amy Davidson)

Romulus Ward (January's dad) (RL Anthony Heald)

Julian Ward (January's brother) (RL Gabriel Mann)

BlackJack (Jacob Scwartz)

Ibroham Alawar is based on RL Ibrahim Alawad

The Man Living In The Packard Plant

Sam Bernstein

Archimedes

Ken Hite

Fire Captain Henderson

Fire Lieutenant Randy

Chase

Society
Hipsters (big in Detroit)

New Year's Eve In Detroit (been there, its true)

Indians Take Over Diamond Trade

Whitewater Security is based on RL Blackwater Security aka Academi

Worldwide Network News is fictional, based on HPLHS's Worldwide Wireless News

Bat'leth

Stormcrow BattleMech

Stormcrow BattleMech Pic

A TERF is an anti-trangender feminist

The Tigers and the Old English D

The Laughing Man is an homage to Ghost In The Shell

Four Twenty

Berenstain Bears

Michigan has a 10 cent bottle return law

Broadsword Calling Danny Boy

Instagram Influencer

"I Am A Golden God!"

King Arthur 2004 Rus!

The Real Portal Games have not reached #5 yet

The Kell Hounds

Trail of Cthulhu

Daredevil's Sensory Powers

Shoggoth

Xenomorph

Tunguska Event

Literature and Art
Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus

The Theme of Alienation in Frankenstein

The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken

Festival is a reference to The Festival, by HP Lovecraft

Anglo-Saxon Kennings

Macbeth Act5, Scene 5 (A Tale Told By An Idiot quote)

Trajan's Column

The Bayeux Tapestry

John William Waterhouse - The Crystal Ball

Music
Vnv Nation - Illusion - One of January's theme songs

Two Steps From Hell - Never Back Down (Extended) - January's Fight Music

Gary Clark Jr. - If Trouble Was Money (Avery's ringtone)

The Score - Unstoppable - Avery's Theme

Two Steps From Hell - Blackheart (Extended) - Blood Raven's Theme

Blood Raven's Fight Music

Marilyn Manson - Resident Evil Soundtrack Main Theme - The Summoner's Theme

Gustav Holst - Mars - Nátthrafn's Theme

Counting Crows - Four Days

Clips of Amelie Lens' performance at the 2019 Movement Festival

Orbital

Counting Crows - Mr Jones

Counting Crows - A Long December

Places
A Google Map of all the Stormcrow locations

Macomb Community College - South Campus

Macomb Community College classroom quad, library, and parking

The Best Western Premiere of Southfield

Hotel Pic 01

Hotel Pic 02

Campus Martius

Michigan Soldier's and Sailor's Monument

U of M Law School

January's Parents House

January's Parents House Aerial View

Flint Bishop Airport

Flint Airport aerial view

Flint Airport - A closer view of the terminal and parking lot

Flint Airport - The reverse view, from a model in the airport

Flint Airport - The terminal

Flint Airport - The baggage pickup inside the terminal. The escalator and Ticketing are visible in the middle distance

Flint Airport - The escalator that January leaps up to the second floor

Flint Airport - Gift Shop and Bookstore on the right

Flint Airport - The Food Court on the left

Flint Airport - Do Not Enter sign far down the hall

Packard Plant - The Poletown Bus Stop (well close enough to it)

Packard Plant - The Bus Stop from the air (the Hamtramck Cadillac Plant is on the right. Smaller steel mills on the left)

Packard Plant - The bridge overI-94 and the Packard Plant (beyond in the left)

Parkard Plant - The Packard Plant

Packard Plant - The Packard Plant aerial view

Packard Plant - Another aerial view

Packard Plant - A closer look from above

Packard Plant - Down on the ground

Packard Plant - Summer

Packard Plant - Winter

Packard Plant - Another building

Packard Plant - Inside

Bloomfield Hills

Fitzgerald High School

Aerial View of Source One Metals (it is the big white building at the very bottom center)

Source One Metals (from the turnaround in Mound Road)

Source One Metals (from the parking lot)

Source One Metals (from the back)

MSU is Michigan State University

U of M is University of Michigan

The Lower Peninsula of Michigan

Macomb Community College (the Max Thompson Learning Media Center is the library)

The high school January lands on

The giant factory beyond 696 she lands on

Global Titanium from the air

A closer view of the battleground

Global Titanium from the ground

Global Titanium from the ground again

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 01

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 02

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 03

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 04 (Her Bus Stop before the Packard Plant)

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 05

January's Route To The Junkman's Lair 06

Beatrice Grand Trunk Warehouse & Cold Storage Building

The Junkman's Lair, adjacent scrapyard, and City Incinerator (top)

The Junkman's Lair, adjacent scrapyard, and City Incinerator (left)

The Junkman's Lair 01

The Junkman's Lair 02

The Junkman's Lair 03

Saint Andrews Hall

Hart Plaza

Hart Plaza (seen from Jefferson at the bottom, looking toward the Detroit River at the top)

Hart Plaza - Fountain

Hart Plaza (seen from the river looking toward Jefferson Ave and downtown)

Hart Plaza (looking north from Cobo Hall at the bottom)

Hart Plaza (looking south)

The Fist of Joe Louis

The Spirit of Detroit

The Joe Louis Arena

January's Route to the Fire 1 - Cobo Hall Rooftop Parking, looking north

January's Route to the Fire 2 - Fort Washington Plaza

January's Route to the Fire 3 - Theodore Levin Courthouse

January's Route to the Fire 4 - Westin Book Cadillac Hotel

January's Route to the Fire 5 - Book Tower

January's Route to the Fire 6 - Three Stadiums

January's Route to the Fire 7 - Foxtown

January's Route to the Fire 8 - Little Caesar's Arena

January's Route to the Fire 9 - Midtown and the Flying Dutchman at the corner of Peterboro and Cass

The Flying Dutchman (RL Ghost Ship Fire)

The Flying Dutchman Interior

Detroit Receiving Hospital

Detroit Receiving Hospital picture

The Witch House

The Witch House Overhead View

Real Events
ConFusion is a real Metro-Detroit sci fi convention.

Hart Plaza - Movement Event Map

Movement Electronic Music Festival

The Movement Electronic Music Festival picture

Another Movement pic

Clothes
Lululemon Fitted Jacket

Ohm's Law Shirt

Cthulhu For President

Made In Detroit Tee

Karategi

Ms Marvel Tee

Real Tech
Fire 7 Tablet

Samsung Galaxy J1

Geo Storm

Hydrogen Fuel Cell Motorcycles

Cosmos

Picking a combination lock

Make an electric lockpick

Victory Empulse TT Review

Victory Empulse TT Pic

Victory Empulse Side View

Victory Empulse TT With Panniers

Victory Empulse TT Instrument Panel

Bell Helmet (it really is from the 1950s)

January's new Sedici Strada Carino helmet

2004 Mazda MX 5

Raven Banner Pendant

2004 Chevy Avalanche

Real Science
Ohm's Law

Hagfish

Hagfish Slime Armor

Solid Light

Voynich Manuscript

Vigenère Cipher

Principles of Flight

Laser Inertial Fusion Energy

Ultra Dense Deuterium

Plasma

Tesseract

Wilhelm Wundt

Meta Tech
Stormcrow Armor ideas (but black and gray, and more of the face covered)

Another Stormcrow Armor general idea (but the real armor would not have all that hair exposed)

Winged Helmet (but January's would be black, and the face would be covered down to the nose)

Think of the upper right goggles area built into the winged helmet above

Stormcrow Armor Symbol

The onboard computer in the Gadgetmobile is named after the Pharos Lighthouse

The Face Bot

The Face Bot again

The Face Bot rear view

Myth and Religion
Oshun

Erzulie

Martial Arts & Gymnastics
Muay Thai - Downward Jumping Elbow

Yoga Crow Pose

Yoga Scorpion Pose

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SubRosa
post Jun 22 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: That was a very intense episode, that gives us a glimpse into the turmoil inside January. Everything about her eventually ties back to her gender dysphoria - being a nerd to escape from the 'normal' world, being a fighter, her need to stand against bullies, her ability to feel empathy for others (especially those not born 'perfect').

I also wanted to avoid infodumps on her history. So I am carefully laying little breadcrumbs about it like her mother's near name-slip. A lot more will be coming out in the next chapter.

Wow, that is very woke of ESO to include a trans person. Lucky Argonians! At least the Hist knows when it makes a coding error, and fixes it.

Actually, it is just a custom ringtone that January set her phone to use when Avery calls her. You can do that with most smartphones. But now you have given me the idea that maybe when he is in Gadget mode, he overrides that, and sends his own custom ringtone down the line.

Back in the day when I ran a tabletop Shadowrun game, the team's decker (basically hacker) was an NPC who was usually away from the rest of the team in his lair. He had a whole Man With No Name motif going, with his internet persona looking like Clint Eastwood, his attack programs being a winchester and a revolver, and so on. Whenever he would call the team I would use my laptop to play the theme from The Good The Bad And The Ugly. It was one of his shticks. Gadget could be doing something similar.

You can follow along the road trip with this Google Map. Start at the Green House

Book 1.10 - Stormcrow Rising

January bounded up the stairs to her room. With the door securely shut behind her, she emptied out her old gaming backpack of dice and manuals and stuffed her Stormcrow armor within it instead. Then she was off as fast as the wind, racing out the front door and down the block.

Avery lived just two houses down the street. He was just getting into his yellow Geo Storm when she arrived, and hopped in beside him. Once within she focused on the element of Fire, and took a deep breath. Then she thought better of doing her quick change so soon. It would be better to wait until they had reached their destination.

Avery drove down the suburban street, with its small houses and equally small lawns. Someone was out mowing their grass, kids rode past on bikes, and ordinary life went on as if a supervillain emergency was not about to unfold. It felt somewhat surreal to January, knowing that something was going to happen, and that she was going to be part of it. Yet the rest of the world was utterly oblivious.

Someone's sprinkler was throwing water half way across the street, and January was obliged to roll up her window to avoid getting soaked. The Geo was so old that she literally had to roll it with a hand crank. January wondered if they were still riding horses at the time it was built?

Avery drove through a cross street, continued on for another block, then turned onto Dequindre road and headed north. He nodded to the center of the dashboard, where a giant screen had rolled out to display a list of cities and times. It took January a moment to realize that it was the flight schedule for an airport.

"Our man Subramanian is booked on a flight for Atlanta," he said. "From there he's got a connection to Antwerp."

"He's flying out of Flint?" January stared at the screen in disbelief. "I didn't even know they had an airport. Why not just take Metro?"

"Maybe Flint's cheaper," Avery shrugged, "or maybe he figures no one will be watching there."

"So how is the decoding going?" January shifted conversational gears as Avery literally did the same with the Geo. He took a left onto Nine Mile, and effortlessly went from gear to gear as the little car leapt forward past the other traffic. January mused that his driving was a microcosm for his life. Avery was all about gears, moving parts, things fitting together. He somehow saw all the tiny cogs and spinning wheels under the hood of the universe. He understood how that machinery worked, and could run it, or rearrange it, however he liked.

"I broke the code last night," Avery beamed. "Pharos," he said in a loud, clear voice, "display Subramanian Ledger." The dashboard screen cleared, then a moment later filled with a spreadsheet of names, dates, and numbers.

"It took a little while," Avery explained, "but then I realized that like you said, he's not a 21st century man. So I went old school. It turns out he was using a Vigenère Cipher. After that it was easy."

"A vagina cipher?" January scrunched her nose in bafflement. "Sounds like every girl I match with on Scissr."

Avery laughed. "It's a variation of a Caesar cipher. In a Caesar you shift every letter a certain number of spaces up or down the alphabet. The Vigenère takes it to eleven by incorporating multiple Caesar shifts in the same code. Once I figured out the length of the key, I just had to use frequency analysis to crack each individual Caesar cipher."

"Then I had it, a list of all the blood diamonds he bought from a warlord named Ibrohim Alawar. I looked him up. His soldiers hack kids to pieces and gang rape little girls." Avery paused to curl a lip in disgust. "Anyway, Subramanian buys the raw diamonds from him. Then he takes them back to Surat in India for polishing. From there he brings them to the U.S. to sell. He goes all up and down the East Coast, Boston to Chicago, New Orleans to Orlando, and every big place in between. He's got every sale listed here, to shops and individuals. He's making millions, even after all the bribes he's got listed to customs officials."

"Do his bosses know about it?" January asked, staring at the list of buyers, and all of the zeros besides their names. Her head swam.

"There's no way to tell," Avery shook his head as he turned at Burger Baron and got onto the service drive for I-75. "He's making real business trips for the cartel at the same time he's slinging the blood diamonds. They aren't listed in the ledger, but I was able to get it from going back over airline records for the last six months."

"So we have to stop him from getting on that plane," January mused, "and get the police to search him and find that ledger, and whatever diamonds he has left."

"That's the plan," Avery said. He finally got onto the freeway, and immediately had to brake to avoid running into a massive Oldsmobile that suddenly cut into their lane. He down-shifted with ease. Again January was amazed at how expertly he made the machinery sing for him.

"Great driving Grandpa!" he shouted out the window. Then he turned back to January as if nothing had happened. "Just to sweeten the pot I'll dump the entire thing onto social media. Imgrr, Twitt, Instantgram, Eyebook, MeTube, even Pr0n Hub. I've got bots set up to completely saturate the internet."

January mulled that over. Avery could expose it all. But unless they stopped him from escaping the country, Subramanian could go to ground anywhere in the world. With his diamond money, he could vanish into a black hole and never be seen again.

She had protected him. She had helped him. Now she was going to stop him.

January knew she had to prepare herself. No more mistakes. No losing her temper. No allowing her frustrations to control her. So she pulled her feet up onto the car seat and folded them across one another in a lotus position. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply in and out. She focused on her Wiccan energy exercises, and cleared her mind. In time the rest of the world fell away, and there was only her heart, her breath, and the energy of the world flowing through her.

"We're here," Avery's voice snapped January back to reality. She looked around to find that they had already left the freeway, and were headed down a surface street toward the airport. A massive parking lot stretched out to her right. The terminal rose up to the left, behind a smaller lot and a partial screen of trees.

They passed under a large green sign that said "Bishop International Airport" in large white letters, with arrows that pointed out the parking lots. But what January really noticed were the crows. They crowded almost wing to wing along the length of the metal sign. They all took flight when they drove underneath, in a vast murder that winged its way toward the airport.

"That is really creepy you know," Avery murmured, staring at the black shapes as they soared away.

"I think that is my cue," January said. She focused on Fire. A second later she was clad from head toe in her Stormcrow gear.

The sound of an explosion rang out from the left, and a thin stream of smoke began wafting from the terminal.

"Don't slow down." January cranked down her window, and flowed through the open space with the ease of water spilling out of a tap. Balancing herself against the wind, she leapt onto the roof of the car. For a moment she stood there, practically surfing atop the Geo. She crouched down, then leapt skyward with all the strength she had in her legs. Rising into the sky, she put her arms out and hit the twin triggers in her gauntlets. Her cape snapped out into a pair of wings a moment later, catching the wind underneath them.

She was getting better at this. Banking to the left, the long terminal building stretched out before her. It had a very modern look, with multiple scalloped overhangs curving up one over the other along the side facing the street. A driveway broke off from the nearer parking lot to run along the side of the terminal. It was directly beneath the lowest scallop, which shielded it from sun and rain.

The walls of the terminal facing the drive were entirely of glass, as were those at the either end of the massive building. A pair of flags fluttered in the breeze outside. One was the Stars and Stripes. The other was the blue Michigan state flag, with its elk and moose facing one another.

The far side of the terminal was more prosaic concrete and steel. A narrow tube-like structure - too big to be just a skywalk - jutted out across the tarmac from it, and joined the terminal to another huge rectangular building. The latter was free of decoration, unless you counted the multiple jet bridges that jutted from it, like pins from a cushion. Farther out stretched numerous concrete taxiways and the two actual landing strips, which were set at a right angle to one another.

January banked to the left, and followed the swarm of crows down toward the overhanging scallops that lined the terminal. A row of trees seemed to leap up in front of her. For a moment she panicked, and visions of impaling herself upon their branches flashed before her eyes. Then she was back in control of herself. She raised her head, and arms with it, tilting the angle of her wings upward. She lost speed, but gained lift. The top leaves of one tree scraped against her belly. Then she was past the vegetation, and one of the massive metal overhangs loomed in her face.

January ducked, and angled her wings downward. She dove for the concrete driveway below, and the scalloped overhang slipped by harmlessly overhead. Losing altitude had given her speed. She briefly noted that everything with flying seemed to be a trade-off between one thing and another. She really needed to practice flying more, maybe even read up about it.

The blare of a car horn rang out in her ears, and she spared a glance to one side in time to see a giant pickup truck barreling toward her from the right. She pulled back once more, tilting her wings so far up that they were at a right angle to the ground. That stalled her forward momentum. The truck kept on coming, and sped past her with a rushing of air. The red, white, and blue cloth of a massive American flag mounted behind the cab snapped against her nose. Then her feet touched down upon the truck's long bed. Without really thinking, she took a running jump, and used the steel bed to launch herself back into the air.

People were running everywhere. Some paused to shout and point at her, and the murder of crows that preceded her. Most just ignored her however, and got as far away from the terminal as quickly as their feet would take them.

Now before January was a long glass wall facing the driveway, punctuated by occasional glass doors. She followed the cloud of black birds through a shattered plate glass window and finally entered the building itself.

The main floor lobby stretched out to either side, and ran the length of the building. Essentially a wide open hallway, it was carpeted in red and blue. Shining metal baggage carousels jutted out from the far wall. The one before her was even decorated with a bronze statue of a man wearing an old fashioned suit and hat. She saw the name Chrysler set into the plaque at its feet, and imagined that he must be the guy the car company was named after.

To her right there was an actual car, cordoned off by a low glass barrier. January could see that it was a Buick, because it said so on the rear quarter panel in big letters. Past that on the ground floor were the ticket counters and rows of seats. But before the ticketing area was an escalator that rose to the second floor. January could see a gallery from that floor running the length of the lobby, partitioned off by a chest-high glass screen.

January banked sharply to glide down the length of the lobby, and followed the crows. There were more people here. Some ran. Some tried to hide behind the columns that held up the second floor gallery, the car, and the Chrysler statue.

In spite of her pick-up truck assist, January found herself quickly running out of altitude. That gave her an idea as the car came near. She aimed for its roof, and triggered off her wings just before it slid underneath. She hit the roof running, and leapt straight ahead. The escalator ran at a right angle to her path, rising to her left. Her leap took her high over it, directly into a sign with arrows pointing out directions to ticketing and parking on the first floor.

She rolled into ball, and hit the sign with her feet. The crows wheeled around her, winging up and to the left. She sprang out and to the same side, and not only rolled but twisted in mid air as she bounced sideways off the sign. That put her at the top of the escalator, right between a pair of men. The older one was dressed in flannel and had a full beard and cowboy hat. The other was much younger - perhaps the first man's son given their similar faces. He wore a t-shirt with an American flag brightly emblazoned across the front, and tribal tattoos crowded the length of his exposed arms.

"Excuse me," January murmured as the two startled men almost leapt out of their boots. January imagined that few people were prepared for a girl in a crow costume to come flying out of the sky and land inches away. Let alone the murder of crows that croaked past and scattered in all directions, only to vanish completely just a few moments later.

The onboard computer in the Gadgetmobile is named after the Pharos Lighthouse

Vigenère Cipher

Ibroham Alawar is based on RL Ibrahim Alawad

Flint Bishop Airport

Flint Airport aerial view

A closer view of the terminal and parking lot

The reverse view, from a model in the airport

The terminal

The baggage pickup inside the terminal. The escalator and Ticketing are visible in the middle distance

The escalator that January leaps up

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SubRosa   The Stormcrow   Apr 19 2019, 11:34 PM
SubRosa   [b]Chapter 1 - Stormcrow Rising [center]Early May...   Apr 20 2019, 12:04 AM
Renee   Hee hee, this is awesome! She's doing medi...   Apr 20 2019, 02:21 PM
SubRosa   Hee hee, this is awesome! She's doing med...   Apr 20 2019, 03:27 PM
Acadian   Oh this was a hoot! January, her crow fan cl...   Apr 20 2019, 06:32 PM
Grits   I’m very excited to see Stormcrow so soon! (...   Apr 22 2019, 06:17 PM
SubRosa   Renee: I went to MCC for a while, so it was my go-...   Apr 26 2019, 04:32 PM
Acadian   ’Naturally she did what they said to never do....   Apr 26 2019, 06:33 PM
Grits   Awesome, a fight and flying sequence! I though...   Apr 28 2019, 11:29 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: Courage + questionable judgement sounds l...   May 3 2019, 09:35 PM
Acadian   I’ll take your wonderful Two Steps from Hell mus...   May 8 2019, 07:31 PM
Renee   Whoa, she's wearing her superhero outfit in pu...   May 9 2019, 03:55 PM
SubRosa   All: I created a Google Map of all the Stormcrow l...   May 10 2019, 10:05 PM
Acadian   Neat Gadget Cave! Replete with ingenious tech...   May 11 2019, 09:10 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: The Gadget Cave is a fun setting. I have ...   May 17 2019, 04:41 PM
Acadian   What a fun episode, as the plot thickens with more...   May 17 2019, 09:54 PM
Renee   There's a Beverly Hills in Michigan! I u...   May 24 2019, 07:07 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: Now we know that things were not quite as...   May 24 2019, 10:18 PM
Acadian   This was a wonderful episode that sleuthed the sto...   May 25 2019, 06:41 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: Working in the pop culture references is ...   Jun 1 2019, 05:09 PM
Acadian   "I think I forgot to pick that at character ...   Jun 1 2019, 07:17 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: One fun thing about writing January and A...   Jun 8 2019, 04:52 PM
Acadian   Clever how she got her Crowsuit into the house. ...   Jun 8 2019, 10:38 PM
Uleni Athram   A superheroine who actually knows her Marty Arties...   Jun 11 2019, 03:27 PM
Renee   Ah, typical Renee has fallen behind. :blink: Life...   Jun 11 2019, 04:30 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: I used the old window trick to sneak thin...   Jun 15 2019, 04:58 PM
Acadian   January shows us plenty of raw emotion in this pow...   Jun 15 2019, 07:13 PM
Acadian   Nice job here, setting the scene and stakes for wh...   Jun 22 2019, 07:18 PM
treydog   The way you weave “existing” tech in with poss...   Jun 24 2019, 05:46 PM
Renee   Nice. Also, the whole time her family's ha...   Jun 24 2019, 06:52 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: This will be the crescendo of the chapter...   Jun 29 2019, 04:15 PM
Acadian   Despite the superhero tech, you rendered everythin...   Jun 29 2019, 06:21 PM
treydog   Most excellent fight scene! And again, very h...   Jun 30 2019, 12:34 AM
SubRosa   Ooops, I forgot to add some links. I went back and...   Jun 30 2019, 06:48 PM
Acadian   Thanks for the additional links and update. I ...   Jun 30 2019, 07:36 PM
treydog   I tend to agree. While on the one hand, it is fun...   Jun 30 2019, 08:33 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: That Carotid Slap was something I filed a...   Jul 6 2019, 03:49 PM
Acadian   Another intense fight! It was very neat how ...   Jul 6 2019, 06:38 PM
treydog   A most enthralling fight! Then there is the d...   Jul 8 2019, 04:36 PM
Grits   Catching up with January and Avery has been quite ...   Jul 12 2019, 12:28 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: This two part fight forced me to think cr...   Jul 13 2019, 05:08 PM
Renee   Lighthammer has force fields! That's cheat...   Jul 13 2019, 06:34 PM
Acadian   It just struck when you referred to January as Jan...   Jul 13 2019, 07:46 PM
SubRosa   As an editorial note, given that I have decided to...   Jul 13 2019, 11:56 PM
treydog   A nice bit of calm after the Stormcrow (sorry). B...   Jul 15 2019, 12:19 AM
SubRosa   Side note- still looking at early Boston. Did fi...   Jul 15 2019, 02:50 AM
SubRosa   I bought Boston in the American Revolution: A Town...   Jul 17 2019, 02:03 AM
Grits   Excellent shirt! I’m a fan, even if Freya do...   Jul 17 2019, 03:28 AM
Renee   “fine-toothed search bot” :lol: Ha ha I li...   Jul 17 2019, 03:40 PM
SubRosa   Renee: Lighthammer's not a cheater! :lol:...   Jul 20 2019, 05:06 PM
treydog   The thing (okay ONE thing) I like about this story...   Jul 20 2019, 07:15 PM
Acadian   The bus ride and encounter did a couple of things ...   Jul 20 2019, 09:35 PM
Renee   I think I want an African Goddess next to me, if I...   Jul 21 2019, 02:12 AM
Grits   Not Cthululemon? :P Good idea to stash the backpac...   Jul 23 2019, 01:10 AM
SubRosa   treydog: Inserting the human element into these st...   Jul 27 2019, 04:35 PM
Renee   :lol: Yes, how apt a description, the handing ...   Jul 27 2019, 04:51 PM
Acadian   A superbike for a superhero - hopefully. Unfortun...   Jul 27 2019, 11:00 PM
treydog   Quotes first and then observations. Have known...   Jul 28 2019, 03:06 PM
SubRosa   Renee: I had no idea the 'Gucci Biker' lin...   Aug 3 2019, 04:35 PM
Acadian   A nuclear powered Stormcycle emerges from the Gadg...   Aug 3 2019, 07:47 PM
Renee   He put a nuclear reactor in her motorcycle? :O ...   Aug 4 2019, 12:30 AM
treydog   :lol: Loved all the dialogue- this is the way...   Aug 4 2019, 01:05 AM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1 - Stormcrow Rising What a great way to...   Aug 6 2019, 02:30 AM
SubRosa   Acadian: I did a lot of work on developing power s...   Aug 10 2019, 04:13 PM
Renee   Yes, I was thinking of buses. :) Fusion-powered ...   Aug 10 2019, 05:43 PM
Acadian   This episode drew me in immediately and was a joy ...   Aug 10 2019, 07:53 PM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1.2: I get what you mean. The crows did i...   Aug 10 2019, 09:41 PM
treydog   :blink: Jan is certainly in a position to und...   Aug 10 2019, 10:43 PM
SubRosa   Renee: This chapter is set about a week after the ...   Aug 17 2019, 05:07 PM
Acadian   The beginning of another Crowventure assigned to h...   Aug 17 2019, 09:03 PM
Renee   Yeah, totally. He's like that voice over the...   Aug 18 2019, 03:05 PM
treydog   " The interactions between Gadget and Cro...   Aug 18 2019, 03:47 PM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1.3: I like how you mentioned how deep-ro...   Aug 19 2019, 02:17 AM
SubRosa   Acadian: I had not really thought of doing more be...   Aug 24 2019, 04:32 PM
Acadian   Thanks for your peek/insight into the future of th...   Aug 24 2019, 06:44 PM
treydog   More excellent Crow-Girl action! The fight wa...   Aug 25 2019, 10:11 PM
Renee   Nice. She plays Fallout (or at least knows of this...   Aug 27 2019, 08:16 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: I enjoyed writing the fight between Janua...   Aug 31 2019, 04:23 PM
Renee   Yes there is some reason why our armed forces ofte...   Aug 31 2019, 07:01 PM
Acadian   Another wonderful episode! I liked how her ...   Sep 1 2019, 07:29 PM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1.4: There was plenty in this chapter that...   Sep 2 2019, 03:06 AM
SubRosa   Renee: Gasoline is much quicker to burn and explod...   Sep 7 2019, 04:15 PM
Acadian   Gosh, I'm learning a lot about Michigan and De...   Sep 7 2019, 07:17 PM
Renee   We recycle. At least I do. Where I live it seems l...   Sep 9 2019, 12:16 AM
treydog   A lesson my A and A team are learning (slowly). ...   Sep 9 2019, 01:13 AM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1.7: Heh. Good question honestly. What is ...   Sep 14 2019, 01:55 AM
SubRosa   Acadian: I know you were joking, but the reason I ...   Sep 14 2019, 05:30 PM
Acadian   With a name like Wilhelm Wundt, it is indeed hard ...   Sep 14 2019, 08:31 PM
treydog   Way back when we were reading Gawain and the Green...   Sep 15 2019, 09:15 PM
SubRosa   Acadian: I still remember my Into to Psychology cl...   Sep 21 2019, 03:33 PM
Renee   Yeah, I don't think she'd be able to conce...   Sep 21 2019, 04:34 PM
Acadian   Another fun episode as you ever so smoothly show u...   Sep 22 2019, 12:09 AM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 1.10: Great thing you provided us with th...   Sep 24 2019, 02:51 AM
SubRosa   Renee: You are right, even if she tried to ignore ...   Sep 28 2019, 04:58 PM
Acadian   Looks like the stealth approach was a good call as...   Sep 28 2019, 07:45 PM
Renee   See, where is Lighthammer during all of this? It m...   Sep 29 2019, 03:27 AM
treydog   Caught up again- yay! And also phooey, becaus...   Sep 30 2019, 11:30 AM
SubRosa   A minor note. Thanks to tredyog correctly identify...   Oct 2 2019, 10:02 PM
Darkness Eternal   Chapter 2.1:Ah, Jan has been meeting some ladies a...   Oct 4 2019, 03:33 AM
11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:20 AM