Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> House please help, NEED HELP
Remux Dreadfire
post Mar 25 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Evoker

In oblivion were can you buy furnishing for your house? and in relation to that in the benuris manor questhow can I get all the destroyed furniture repaired and is there a quest to get the ghosts out? wacko.gif

--------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Mar 26 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

also just a little add on question, why cant you buy houses right away? like they say they dont trust you
+Quote Post
armstrong8
post Mar 26 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #3

Associate

im pretty sure that the person who sells the house to you gives you a place to go buy house stuff. and yes, the guy who sells benirus manor asks you to "exterminate" the ghosts, i think this is the cheapest. and floridine, maybe you are too poor, so they dont wanna talk with you about it. from wat ive heard, moneys hard to get if you are just starting out.
+Quote Post
sins_to_dark
post Mar 26 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #4

Agent

Yeah money is pretty hard I settled down in the imperial city and ive spent alot on all the furnishins avaliable for the house

--------------------
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightious sucide, I, cry, when angels deserve to die
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 26 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

It's quite simple, since they tell you they don't trust you enought you just have to make them trust you smile.gif. That can be done either by persuation or by bribing. Some sellers might ask you to help them first, do that to gain their trust. So after you gain their trust the house can be yours.. if you have the money for it.

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
bloodyfish
post Mar 26 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(sins_to_dark @ Mar 26 2006, 12:16 PM)
Yeah money is pretty hard I settled down in the imperial city and ive spent alot on all the furnishins avaliable for the house

Actually money is easy to get if you do the save gamble reload if you lose at the arena. But I find that is, at best, a backup plan.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 26 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Another way to get money is by buying cheap alchemy ingredients and make potions and selling the potions back to the same merchant, I was making money when I had about 30 intelligence and personality and 5 speechcraft and alchemy, tho I did have 25 merchantile, which let me move the slider thing by about 5% lol. The ingredients were 2 gold each and I was selling for about 3-5....not sure how mcuh....but its a steady, legit, way to make money.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Mar 26 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

(Here's just a little outline on how to purchase your first Oblivion home)
Locate the Town Hall or castle and find the Count, ect. the person who has power to sell the homes. Sometimes it may be one of their servants (the orc guy in Castle Skingrad sells the deed for Skingrad).

The person will probably have a low disposition and will refuse to talk about "Buying a House" and you'll have to either bribe or use speechcraft stuff. Or spells, whatever just raise their disposition to 70. Pay the gold, check out your new home (and no you couldn't go in before this time unless you had the editor). You will notice it is superbly barren. If you had listened, the NPC who sold you the deed and house should have told you a trader who would sell you furnishings, or it should be in your trusty quest journal. Go to the trader.

Talk to the trader, you will find no text about the home. Odd? Nope. Barter with him or her and they should now have a line of "scrolls" labeled for different furnishings, like "Kitchen Furnishings" and you must buy these to activate furniture and stuff inside your home. They are not cheap btw, to completely furnish a house is like 10-20k.

And wha-la, enjoy your home and don't let the mountain lions bite!

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Mar 26 2006, 06:52 PM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
pepekerouac
post Mar 26 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #9

Associate

Yeah, I'm an alchemy junkie. keeping it in the minor skills means you get great intelligence multipliers. plus at level 60 with almost no mercantile experience, you can seel potions for 25-30 gold. although, I always feel a little too dainty as I skip around collecting flowers, although I subsequently feel a lot less dainty when my poison arrow drains 9 health for 35 seconds. Oddly enough, I sell houses for a living in the real world so my very last interest in the world of tamriel is getting involved in real estate.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Mar 26 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(pepekerouac @ Mar 26 2006, 12:51 PM)
Yeah, I'm an alchemy junkie. keeping it in the minor skills means you get great intelligence multipliers. plus at level 60 with almost no mercantile experience, you can seel potions for 25-30 gold. although, I always feel a little too dainty as I skip around collecting flowers, although I subsequently feel a lot less dainty when my poison arrow drains 9 health for 35 seconds. Oddly enough, I sell houses for a living in the real world so my very last interest in the world of tamriel is getting involved in real estate.

That is so ironic, hehehe. I haven't used alchemy at all in Oblivion ( I did in Morrowind) so I'm relying on stealing and quests for payouts. I've found the Dark Brotherhood a good gold giving questline, as I started with less then 100, did a few of the quests and now have 8000 (that is after selling the stuff off the bodies and stuff too and the rewards I did not want).

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Gray
post Mar 30 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #11

Associate

I pursuaded and bribed one house seller to like me enough to talk about the house. And he told me flatly that I simply wasnt famous enough to buy a house in their town yet.

So there may be other variables than just faction and fame involved.

Gray
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Mar 30 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

One reason why I couldn't buy a house in Chorrol was becasue the countess was looking for someone a bit more "Famous"... I left, I might come back to the place eventually biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Mar 30 2006, 05:19 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Chorral and Skingrad houses are not only devastatingly expensive but require a certain level of fame for them to sell them to you. By the time to accumulated that wealth unless you've been pure dungeon raiding, DB and Thieves guild you should have that level of fame.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:44 PM