7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampires In Oblivion, Vampires
Aki
post Jul 27 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Jul 25 2005, 07:46 PM)
Yeah, I was thinking infection as a mod instead of being an ingame feature. As for feeding obviously it would be a bit more difficult than just a stealth attack and in a way that doesn't drain them dry (if it can be helped).

Feeding i can see done in three ways;

A sneaky grab + bite

A brutual grab in combat, where one tears off anything in the way and sinks their fangs into the throat

Or the stereotypical "Lure 'm off and feed on them" deal. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jul 27 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

You know, I've never played a vampire in morrowind.. Hmm am I missing anything?

I've played a werewolf though, much fun I must say =)

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 27 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #23

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Vampirism in morrowind was a little dry so in my opinion you didn't miss anything. There are obvious good sides to becoming a vampire, boosts in several skill but it is ruined by the inability to disguise yourself. Nobody besides your own clan likes you, so it's not that great.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 27 2005, 03:56 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 27 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 27 2005, 09:03 AM)
Feeding i can see done in three ways;

A sneaky grab + bite

A brutual grab in combat, where one tears off anything in the way and sinks their fangs into the throat

Or the stereotypical "Lure 'm off and feed on them" deal.  laugh.gif

Yeah, biting animation and sneakiness is what being a vampire is all about (well, besides the fangs, I mean) to me. smile.gif Something like in the animations in that Vampire Bloodlines game would interesting to see.

I also think there should be more interesting clans, like in Vampire Bloodlines game or the pen and paper game, White Wolf's World of Darkness. Not just stealth clan, combat clan, and magic clan like in Morrowind. That's just.. too boring and straightforward. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 28 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah I was thinking it could be like Bloodlines also, Iwas a big fan of that game. As for vampirism you didn't miss anything, the quests sucked, bad perks, and the skill enhancements was the only real good thing they had.
+Quote Post
Aki
post Jul 29 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah.

Vampirism in MW was much improved with mods like Vampire Embrace.

I liked tearing people's throats out. devilsmile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 29 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 28 2005, 10:38 PM)
Yeah.

Vampirism in MW was much improved with mods like Vampire  Embrace.

I liked tearing people's throats out.  devilsmile.gif

Well, since they included Necromancy and seemed to be concentrating on the storylines (factions, infamous reputation, etc), hopefully, the devs will put more effort into the vampire society (clans, etc) part of it. *crosses fingers* smile.gif I'm always hoping. But, luckily, since I use PC, there are always mods to look forward to! coolgrin.gif Yummy!
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 29 2005, 05:57 AM
Post #28

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Yeah well people like me who will get the X-360 version have to hope that such things are implemented before launch because there aren't any mods for the console version. sad.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 29 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Vampires aren't very important to Oblivion like in Morrowind. They were going to add more stuff to vampires in Morrowind but they needed to make their due date. Vampires are all just gravy unfortunaly and Oblivion seems to be perilously close to it's deadline as well. But hey what do I know, I haven'y played it yet.
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 29 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

"Todd then decides to have his character steal several items from the sleeping store owner, telling us that the NPC schedules come in handy for vampires and thieves - most NPCs always sleep at night, offering creatures of the night the chance to strike. " -E3 Demo

Hmmmn, perhaps they do have Vampires in mind in Oblivion.....
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 29 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aki @ Jul 28 2005, 07:38 PM)
Yeah.

Vampirism in MW was much improved with mods like Vampire  Embrace.

I liked tearing people's throats out.  devilsmile.gif

A favorite of mine with Vampire's Embrace was making Ordinators (the ones with names) into vampires... that was great.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 30 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #32

Forum Bard
Group Icon

There's a mod where you can make other people into vampires? Too bad my computer won't run it... sad.gif
*Cough*triple post*Cough* tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 30 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 29 2005, 07:39 PM)
There's a mod where you can make other people into vampires?  Too bad my computer won't run it... sad.gif
*Cough*triple post*Cough* tongue.gif

That's the Vampire Embrace mod Aki had just mentioned above. *points* Yeah, that mod definitely improved some aspects of vampires. (I haven't downloaded it yet, because I have too many mods at the moment. tongue.gif )
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 30 2005, 02:46 AM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 29 2005, 03:42 AM)
Well, since they included Necromancy and seemed to be concentrating on the storylines (factions, infamous reputation, etc), hopefully, the devs will put more effort into the vampire society (clans, etc) part of it. *crosses fingers*  smile.gif I'm always hoping. But, luckily, since I use PC, there are always mods to look forward to!  coolgrin.gif Yummy!

I know of one mod that has a whole vamp underground but I forgot ther name of it. sorry

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 30 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Jul 29 2005, 09:46 PM)
I know of one mod that has a whole vamp underground but I forgot ther name of it. sorry

Well, the only two "underground" mods I can think of is: 'Suran Underground' (I think it's called that), which is like a some sort of custom faction that is very vampire-friendly.
Then, there is Qarl's 'The Underground', which is sort of a really big, complex quest thing (underground, of course), in which you can have a romantic relationship with a vampire of the opposite sex. Along the way, you can find other friendly vampires, or something similar, and it has some interesting animations.

There are many vampiric mods out there, which is a good thing. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 30 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

oops double post

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Jul 30 2005, 02:58 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 30 2005, 02:58 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

yes talking about the underground (Qarl's), is it out yet?? if so were could I get it?

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 30 2005, 04:12 AM
Post #38

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 30 2005, 02:31 AM)
That's the Vampire Embrace mod Aki had just mentioned above. *points* Yeah, that mod definitely improved some aspects of vampires. (I haven't downloaded it yet, because I have too many mods at the moment.  tongue.gif )

Well I haven't downloaded it yet because I can't... sad.gif
My copy of MW is on the Xbox so I can't really look forward to mods anyways, whats bad is I know what I'm missing. But it would be cool to have a mod where you can infect people with vampirism.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxMehrunes_Dagonxx
post Jul 31 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #39

Retainer

i think they will have vampires.

--------------------
Mjolnir
user posted image
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 2 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(xxMehrunes_Dagonxx @ Jul 31 2005, 03:42 AM)
i think they will have vampires.

Well... yeah... ummm... they already admitted that...
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:37 PM