Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout Characters: Show off yours here!
Renee
post Jun 17 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 14 2017, 10:07 PM) *

Wow, Janet is very charismatic. She ought to be able to talk her way out of most anything. She has the build of a dancer from Poland? wink.gif

Totally, that's the idea... not really a great fighter, but she'll be good at talking her way out of stuff. smile.gif Or into stuff, as the case may be. I think her extremely high Charisma is due to a perk which adds +2 to this stat, and this perk gets added automatically via one of the prostitute mods I added. Even without the perk though, CH is pretty high for her.

And in addition to being a prostitute / dancer, I have been getting the feeling that she's also has a cousin or brother who is part of one of the shadier Wasteland organizations. Maybe her brother is in Talon Company. Ha ha that'll be hilarious! smile.gif It'll also be convenient; it really sucks getting attacked by those guys, be nice to not have to worry about them. Once I figure out how to write quests for her game, I'm going to make up some story in which she goes to a TC hideout, and maybe even joins them. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 17 2017, 07:13 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 13 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

Weapons of preference: Small Guns, preferably one-handed.

So she likes "them" small and controllable with one hand? biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 14 2017, 01:11 AM
Post #83

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 13 2017, 01:32 PM) *

So she likes "them" small and controllable with one hand? biggrin.gif

Har har!

Actually, she's turning out like Cho and all my other characters. They all wind up using the 2-handed hunting rifle, at least during early parts of the game. Can't seem to break this habit. I think over time, Janet will gravitate toward energy weapons most of all, though.

I updated her info up above, btw. Things are changing fast with her game; I've already written like 4 quests for her.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 14 2017, 01:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 17 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #84

Master
Group Icon

It's time to introduce my latest contribution to the Capital Wasteland.

Name: Peter Paul Barlow

Nickname / Game name: PP Barlow

Race: Ghoul (formerly Caucasian)

SPECIAL: S8-P5-E9-C2-I3-A8-L5

Tagged skills: Medicine, Melee Weapons, Small Guns

Home: nowhere

Profession: police officer

Factions: US Police Department

Companions: none

Love interests: none

Physical Appearance: here he is

Eyes: ghoulish blue

Build: taller than average

Habits: smoking

Weapons of preference: Barlow's Berreta and Barlow's Peacemaker (an enhanced police baton), in his early days he used the modified .32 pistol

Clothing: police officer uniform, hat & sunglasses

Theme song: here it is

Life History:

On the 23rd of October 2077, on that faithful day when the Great War started and ended, when those ‘lucky’ were safely sheltered in vaults and those unlucky were left outside, there was a police officer who obediently performed his duties despite the approaching apocalypse. His name was Peter Paul Barlow, called PP (Pee Pee) by his colleagues. PP Barlow was a very strict officer, unpopular not just among offenders but among his colleagues as well.

PP Barlow knew what was supposed to happen on that day but he would never allow a nuclear holocaust to prevent him from doing his job. Like every other morning, he came to the HQ at seven o’clock, put on his fine police uniform, had a coffee and a cigarette in the common room, all alone, and then sat in his car and drove from the parking lot, always on a lookout for potential criminals. Because none of his colleagues came to work this day, and PP Barlow assumed that the same applies to all neighboring police stations, he felt even more responsible for peace and order. Perhaps he was the only officer on duty in the entire region, or maybe even in the entire country.

After driving for about ten minutes PP Barlow abruptly stopped the car, brakes screeching. His ever-watchful eyes spotted the cat on a nearby tree that couldn’t come down on its own. As he always did, PP Barlow informed the HQ of his task ahead –“a cat in distress”, waited for response, not really expecting to get any this morning, and then stepped out of the car.

“Meow!” the cat greeted him, recognizing a potential savior. It moved slightly closer and PP Barlow gently grabbed it. He was far from a gentle police officer what several offenders experienced on their own skin, but PP Barlow liked animals very much, liked them more than people. As he was caressing the cat in his hands, blinding light engulfed the entire sky and not even PP’s fine sunglasses, extra-tinted and ordered from Switzerland, weren’t of much help – everything around him got blinding white.

“This is it then,” he told the cat which responded with a frightened meow.

That was when the Great War started and already two hours later it ended, but what was left behind, was only a shadow of the former world.

For PP Barlow, however, not much changed. He survived the atomic war and defied even high radiation levels yet not entirely without consequences. He became a ghoul, but in the long run it didn’t matter – he wasn’t particularly good-looking when he was human either. But as long as his police pistol was working and the badge was firmly clasped on his uniform, PP Barlow still represented - represented the Law. What he didn’t know or at least wasn’t fully aware of, is that radiation fried his brain. Not completely, but still. He hadn’t gone feral like many other ghouls, but he adapted to his new surroundings from a simple perspective of a police officer whose job was to purge the land of evil-doers. There were other types of offenders in this new world – Super-Mutants, raiders, dangerous beasts - and PP Barlow’s mission was to stop them and prevent innocents from being endangered. There were also lots of cars left at inappropriate places and PP Barlow’s job was to clear the roads – usually by blowing up the cars of course. Lately he heard stories of a police station in the Capital Wasteland, and that is where PP Barlow headed, hoping to get in contact with more police officers and find a functional jail. But the road ahead isn't easy and PP Barlow will meet all kinds of offenders to deal with...

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jul 6 2019, 08:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 17 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #85

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice job! I like his age....241 years old! He is also very strong and agile, but his Charisma is quite low. I wonder if this will make him even more hated than if he weren't also a ghoul.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 17 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool! A pre-war ghoul. What ghoul race mod are you using?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 18 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 17 2017, 05:04 PM) *
Nice job! I like his age....241 years old! He is also very strong and agile, but his Charisma is quite low. I wonder if this will make him even more hated than if he weren't also a ghoul.

Yes, he's quite old, even some Dark Elves would be envious of that age. Low charisma only means that his speech checks will be more difficult, as far as I know, there aren't any other effects.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 17 2017, 10:33 PM) *
Cool! A pre-war ghoul. What ghoul race mod are you using?

I use Da Erkkas Playable Ghoul mod, which allows radiation to heal you and has lots of other benefits, the higher your rad levels get. There's also a perk which makes feral ghouls friendly but I used a console command to make them friedly since Lvl 1, otherwise I'd need to wait until Lvl 4, I think. There are some other effects too, listed on the mod page.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jul 18 2017, 09:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 8 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #88

Master
Group Icon

Name: Lee Cyeng

Race: Asian

SPECIAL: S8-P5-E7-C2-I6-A7-L5 (endurance was later boosted to 8 with a perk)

Tagged skills: Melee, Survival, Unarmed

Traits: Heavy Handed, Hot Blooded

Place of birth: San Francisco

Home in the Mojave: the bando (formerly), Gypsum Trainyard House (currently)

What they do for a living: officially - courier--- unofficially: mercenary, assassin, spy, ...

Factions: officially - none--- unofficially: NCR

Companions: Willow

Love interests: Willow

Physical Appearance: here he is

Eyes: brown

Build: muscular

Bad habits: no, Lee Cyeng doesn't smoke neither he drinks alcohol or takes drugs. Except cave fungus occasionally which he considers a natural drug.

Weapons of preference: various assortment of melee and unarmed weapons

Clothing: various

Magic abilities or powers: none

Biography/Life History:

It was a few years ago when Lee Cyeng joined the Mojave Express, the leading courier service of the western wasteland. Taciturn, mistrustful, even rude, he would rarely talk to other couriers and would never talk about himself, so where he had hailed from and what had he done before becoming a courier, wasn’t known to anyone. Yet the deep scars on his face and body told a story of their own and perhaps it was better for this story to remain untold.

Lee Cyeng, in secret called “the mute chink” by some couriers, was never seen drinking alcohol, smoking or taking any other kind of drugs, and most of the time he preferred sleeping on rough terrain instead of on a proper bed. He would go to sleep early and wake up before dawn to exercise or meditate. Unbeknownst to other couriers, he knew very well that he was called the mute chink by some of them.

Very rarely they saw him using firearms, instead he relied on his bare fists, sharp knives, makeshift axes and he wasn’t a stranger to sledgehammers either. Even those that weren’t fond of him, had to admit that the mute chink was a very skilled knife thrower, which made them even more curious, why would someone like him become a courier in the first place. Sometimes he’d make his own throwing weapons from scrap metal.

When rumors spread that Lee Cyeng was killed in an ambush close to Goodsprings, those that knew the mute chink, didn’t feel very sorry for him. Though he had never done anything bad, at least not to them, his unpleasant attitude didn’t make him popular either.

While it was a habit among couriers to inform relatives of dead ones about the passing of their loved ones, nobody knew whether Lee Cyeng had any family at all and it seemed that with his death all the possible questions about his past would remain unanswered.

But shortly afterward new rumors spread over the Mojave. The courier who supposedly died close to Goodsprings, made his way out of the grave. “Not even a bullet in the head could stop the chink,” said one of the couriers. “Woe to the guys who tried to kill him. I wouldn’t like to be in their shoes.”

And he was right. A few years ago Lee Cyeng used to be a bloodthirsty rebel from San Francisco, fighting against the New California Republic. After they caught him, he was on death row for his crimes against the NCR when two influential senators from Shady Sands pulled their strings to free Lee Cyeng and offer him pardon in exchange for becoming their hired gun, or in Lee Cyeng’s case – their hatchet man. Under a pretense of a courier he would roam the wastes, carrying out executions, sabotages or espionage on behalf of his shady bosses. His latest assignment that took him to the Mojave, was to assassinate the man called Zombie, a leader of War Trash, the terror cell that lately began targeting the NCR. But before that Lee Cyeng has another mission to complete, and of much more personal nature – to hunt down and kill the men who tried to kill him.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 7 2018, 05:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 8 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

The Bando looks pretty cool. I take it you are using the Goodsprings location, at least to start?

That mute chink rose from the grave!

She has a similar backstory to Annie Ley Oak's. Except she wasn't hostile to the NCR, and served in its military willingly. But otherwise both are assassin's for the NCR.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 8 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #90

Master
Group Icon

I'm using the location in Freeside. He was given a key to the bando from Ralph on behalf of the King who figured out that it's better and useful to be in good relations with Lee Cyeng. At least that's how I roleplayed it.

The story about Zombie is from War Trash mod, which Lee will do after dealing with Benny.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 8 2017, 09:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 8 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

Name: Oda Hidetaka

Race: Human (Japanese)

Age: 19 in Fallout 3, 23 in Fallout NV (740/744 - born 1537)

SPECIAL: S7 P5 E7 C4 I5 A6 L6

Tagged skills: Melee Weapons, Sneak, Guns

Traits: Kamikaze, Wild Wasteland

Place of birth: Owari Province, Japan

Home: None

What they do for a living: Ronin

Factions: Clan Oda

Companions: None

Love interests: None

Physical Appearance: Hidetaka is a Japanese woman with long black hair that she keeps tied back in a ponytail above her head. She wears samurai armor emblazoned with the mon of her clan: Oda. A picture

Eyes: Brown

Build: Athletic

Habits: Meditation, martial arts, flower arrangement

Weapons of preference: Takizakura "Waterfalls of Cherry Blossoms" (katana)

Clothing: Samurai Armor

Theme song: Shinedown - Second Chance

Biography/Life History: Hidetaka was born in 1537, the daughter of daimyo Oda Nobuhide and his wife, Tsuchida Gozen. The legendary Oda Nobunaga was one of her old brothers. While female, Hidetaka pretended to be male, in order to become a samurai. After the death of her father a war of succession followed within clan Oda, with several contenders vying for leadership. Hidetaka supported Nobunaga, and history records that 'he' was killed by Oda Nobutsugu along the Shōnai River near Moriyama Castle in 1555, when 'he' was 18 years old.

But in reality Hidetaka was taken for study by the aliens in Mothership Zeta. Most of the time Hidetaka was kept cryogenically frozen. But the aliens made a mistake when they revived her and placed her in the same room as another captive. They teamed up, and pretended to fight in order to draw in the aliens. That was all the opportunity they needed to escape and arm themselves. In the end all of the aliens were killed, and Hidetaka escaped to the surface of the Earth.

Hidetaka found herself in the Capital Wasteland, in the year 2277. The world was a nuclear wasteland, and she was on the other side of the planet from her home and surrounded by gaijin. But she did not find herself to be unhappy. For she quickly discovered that gender roles were non-existent in the new world. She cast off her male disguise, and finally lived her life as herself. While learning to speak English has been a slow and difficult process, Hidetaka has little difficulty in speaking the most important language of the Wasteland - violence. Trained from childhood as a samurai, she was a master of armed and unarmed combat. The strong ties Clan Oda possessed with Portuguese traders also stood her in good stead. For like many Oda warriors, she had learned to use an arquebus as well. Modern firearms were like children's toys compared to those old matchlocks.

Hidetaka has wandered the Wasteland ever since, selling her services as a Ronin. She will not serve any Master however. Her sense of ethics forbids her from banditry or assassination. She only fights the good fight. However, she never forgets a slight or an enemy. To her vengeance is as real as breathing.

She is a Zen Buddhist, and seeks perfection in her Art as a swordswoman, and following the Noble Eightfold Path. Hidetaka does drink, but only rarely, and never to excess. Of course she does not use chems. Physical vices are for the weak. She does not gamble for the same reason. Her idea of excitement is doing her katas. Her way of relaxing is meditating.

A few years after landing in the Capital Wasteland, Hidetaka began to make her way west. By 2281 she found herself in Nevada. Near the town of Goodsprings she discovered a courier who had been killed by a radscorpion. Hidetaka buried the man and took his belongings. But a day later she was attacked in her sleep by Benny and his Khan mercenaries, and taken prisoner. Benny seemed to think that she was the courier, and with her continual difficulty in speaking English, she could not explain otherwise. He shot her in the head and buried her in a grave. But Hidetaka was rescued by Victor, and nursed back to health by the local doctor.

Now that she is well again, Hidetaka has sworn a blood oath to kill Benny, his retainers, his family, and all associated with them.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 15 2017, 11:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 9 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #92

Master
Group Icon

I remember your samurai girl from the Capital Wasteland.

Good backstory on how she met the courier and was then mistaken for one.

Half of Asia is after Benny these days. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 19 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

Name: Victoria

Race: Caucasian

SPECIAL:
Starting S7 P6 E7 C4 I5 A7 L5

Level: 16 (currently)

Main Perks: Aquagirl, Commando, Explosives

Traits: Kamikaze

Place of birth: Buffalo, New York

Home: Sanctuary Hills, Boston

What they do for a living: Navy S.E.A.L.

Factions: US Navy

Companions: None

Love interests: None

Physical Appearance: A Pic

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blond

Build: Solid

Habits: Swimming

Weapons of preference: FN SCAR-L (The Last Full Measure)

Clothing: Vault Suit, Heavy SF Combat Armor

Magic abilities or powers: The ability to breathe underwater (Aquagirl Perk)

Theme Music: Somewhere I Belong and New Divide

Biography/Life History: Born Vance Beck in Buffalo, New York, Victoria is a transwoman who transitioned later in life. As a youth 'he' was always felt like an outsider, and learned to put on a tough exterior to prevent anyone from guessing the truth of her true gender identity. An avid swimmer, Vance was a member of 'his' school's swim team, and led them to a state championship. Some of 'his' instructors declared that 'he' was part fish. But it was really just a way to escape from thinking about her gender.

In 2067 Vance joined the Navy at 18 in an effort to cure 'himself' of 'his' female gender identity. This was one year after China invaded Alaska, and the military was eager for recruits. A year later Vance graduated from BUD/S and became a S.E.A.L. Vance was immediately deployed behind enemy lines in Chinese-occupied Vietnam and Laos, where 'his' team trained and led Viet Minh guerillas against the Chinese occupiers. Later Vance would be deployed on similar missions in Tibet, the Gobi Desert, and finally Alaska. Vance earned a reputation for being aggressive and reckless, thinking nothing of charging directly into enemy gunfire. This won 'him' a Navy Cross for single-handedly taking a Chinese bunker that had pinned down his team. It also won 'him' two purple hearts for wounds in action.

It was on Vance's first leave that 'he' married 'his' high school sweetheart Cait. Vance was genuinly in love with her, and kept 'his' gender identity a secret from her, fearing rejection if Cait knew the truth. After taking part in the operation that retook Anchorage in January 2077, Vance's team stood down for some much-needed leave.

Vance returned home to Sanctuary Hills, Boston to learn that Cait was pregnant and due in a few months. This is in spite of 'his' being away for over a year. Vance forgave her the infidelity, and determined to be the best parent he could. But at the same time, Vance could no longer take living as a man. Vance came out to Cait and his team, and began transitioning to Victoria. Cait immediately began divorce proceedings. Victoria's team's reaction was varied. Most felt shock and betrayal for not having known the truth. Some accepted her as she was, some could not, and some just muddled through it as best they could, loyal to their old friend, even if they could not grasp any of it.

However the Navy itself was less sympathetic. They gave her an undesirable discharge. Her S.E.A.L. partners gave her a going away bash though, which included presents - her old armor and assault rifle - The Last Full Measure. They even gave the armor a brand new paint job, something flashier than before (the SF Armor mod's Black Ops paint).

Afterward Victoria didn't know what to do with life, beyond having sex reassignment surgery, which she did in September of the same year. At the prompting of her shrink, she wrote a book during that time about her experiences. It was published on October 19th. She was scheduled to give a speech at the Veteran's Hall in Concord on the 24th. She stopped by Sanctuary the day beforehand to sign the final divorce papers, and move the last of her things out.

But the Great War happened, and everything changed. Victoria went to Vault 111 with Cait and her son Shaun. There they were put in cryo-freeze, and Victoria woke up 210 years later with everyone else dead, and Shaun missing. She had a strange memory or dream of seeing a man and woman enter the Vault, open Cait's cryo-chamber, and take the child. They shot her. Victoria wished she could have done that herself. The bullet hole she found in Cait's head proved that it had really happened.

Now Victoria has emerged into a world that is entirely upside down. For once she knows who and what she is, and is living her life on her terms. But nothing else makes much sense. She found her armor and rifle buried under the rubble of her ruined car, and went back to doing what she knew best - fighting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 19 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #94

Paladin
Group Icon

Cool! Nice to have more info on the woman behind those blue eyes! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #95

Ancient
Group Icon

Awesome. One appealing thing about “The Wasteland” is that it provides opportunity for a new beginning. Victoria appears ready to meet that opportunity head on!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 20 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #96

Master
Group Icon

Great background for Victoria. I imagine that living in a whole new world will be easier for her because people will no longer judge her because of her decision to change gender.

You use a mod to have more SPECIAL stats at the start, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 20 2018, 04:47 AM) *

Great background for Victoria. I imagine that living in a whole new world will be easier for her because people will no longer judge her because of her decision to change gender.

You use a mod to have more SPECIAL stats at the start, right?

Yeah either a mod or console commands. You only start the vanilla game with 21 points to put into SPECIAL.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 20 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

Victoria is inspired by a real person - Kristin Beck. I read her story, and thought she would be perfect for Fallout.

When I was younger I used to think of the end of the world as a sad thing. But these days I see the upside. No job, no taxes, no president, no congress. There are no people, so there is no bigotry. You can stay up late, and eat all the ice cream victims you want. What's not to like? I say bring on the comet/nuclear war/alien invasion/zombie apocalypse/breakdown of society. biggrin.gif

Lopov: you are right, I use a mod that starts you with 40 Special points, the same as the other games. The default is too few. There should be a link to it in the F4 Mods topic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 20 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #99

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol funny, SR.

Okay, my turn. I just rolled my first toon character in New Vegas, on Xbox.

Nickname: ?

Race: Caucasian

SPECIAL: S 7, P 3, E 6, C 3, I 4, A 8, Luck 9

Tagged skills: Guns, Melee Weapons, Unarmed

Traits: Heavy Handed, Kamikaze

Place of birth: Texas

Home:

What they do for a living:

Factions:

Companions:

Love interests:

Physical Appearance: Oh, you wanna see my picture punk?

Eyes: dark brown

Build: BiG

Habits:

Weapons of preference:

Clothing:

Magic abilities or powers:

Miscellaneous: Marc Mywards is my first New Vegas character! I know nothing about him as I write this but he seems like some sort of tough guy. And I like tough guys.

Theme song:

Biography/Life History: Poor Marc. He moved to Goodsprings on some sort of caravan, which got broken up somehow, all its members scattered. After moving, he began to explore Goodsprings, unsure of what he wanted to do.

He finally decided: all he wanted to do (now that his friends were all gone) was make it into the main area of Vegas, where all the action is. He looked at his map, found an area to the north which had a lot of streets and avenues. Figured that must be it, so he'd head there.

Literally minutes after starting his journey, Marc got pwned by a pair of giant radscorps. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 22 2018, 02:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 21 2018, 12:50 AM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 20 2018, 03:45 PM) *

Lopov: you are right, I use a mod that starts you with 40 Special points, the same as the other games. The default is too few. There should be a link to it in the F4 Mods topic.

Khajiit wants that! Does it play nice with Start Me Up?

@ Renee
Welcome to the Mojave! A tough guy should do well in the desert!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:56 PM