Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clash of the Titans Round III, Kell Vs Sirin.
Who will stand victorious?
Who will stand victorious?
Kell [ 7 ] ** [63.64%]
Sirin [ 4 ] ** [36.36%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Taillus
post Mar 30 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

The third installment of the Clash Series. Cast votes wisely and remember you are not voting for your favorite character, you are voting for who would be more apt to win the current battle.

In the same fashion as before, two more elite fighters were lifted from their paralysis and thrown into the icy pit of Hircine’s Arena. This time, the man known as Sirin was squaring off against the ebony armed Argonian, Kell. They stare into each other’s eyes, waiting for a sign to begin but are met with the booming voice of The Daedric Prince.

“Allow me to remind you that you are fighting for me! You will do your best to appease and entertain me by fighting without remorse. Prove to me that you are the most powerful mortal on this plane of existence and show me that even mortals can have strength. Begin now, and hold nothing back!” Hircine echoes from his icy perch.

Kell raps his clawed toes against the shiny, frigid icy surface waiting for the right moment as he watches Sirin begin traversing the distance between them. Both men usually relying on a certain level of speed to overcome their opponents would make for an exceptional battle.

Sirin attempts to calculate his best course of action knowing that neither one of them are very well armored at all. He could see the out of place ebony arm that the Argonian was blessed/cursed with and thought that avoiding that would be a good idea. As the distance between them closes, both men continue to stare and refrain from making any sort of move that would signify an attack.

Suddenly, Kell takes a fateful step forward with his right foot as his hand dangles to his side before gripping the handle of his dai-katana. This raises the attention of Sirin who quickly grasps the handle of his katana as well.

“What are you up to Argonian?” Sirin asks himself as he stands defensively. He watches carefully as Kell takes yet another step forward. Sirin watches but the lack of expression on the argonian’s face by nature makes it impossible to figure out his next move.

As if by instinct, Sirin quickly draws his sword as the last step from Kell reveals a very skilled swordsman tactic that would be hard, if not impossible to block if not matched in speed, highly developed reaction times and a light weapon. The sound of reverberating metal as the swords clash fill the frozen amphitheatre leaving a metal-on-metal ringing in everyone’s ears. The captive audience gasps as both blades are held dangerously close to Sirin’s head and neck and they both wince as they apply all of their upper body strength to hold each other’s blades at bay.

With a shift in footing, Kell turns his katana letting the flat side of his blade slide effortlessly up the edge of Sirin’s sword. As the Dai-katana is freed from the other weapon, Kell grips the hilt quickly with both hands and brings his blade downward. Again the sound of the blades crashing together fill the air as both men spin on their heels freeing each other from the blade lock.

“That move is spectacular. If it weren’t for my light blade and my instincts I would have been headless.” Sirin states as he quickly takes another defensive stance.

As Kell steps forward for another attack, Sirin quickly forces his own katana in a downward arc letting the flat side of his blade guide Kell’s sword to the ground as he steps from its path. The well sharpened Dai-Katana cuts into the ice with ease and is kept there momentarily by the momentum of both men as well as the ice hardening around it.

Sirin takes this opportunity to close in, invading Kell’s personal space and overwhelming him. The Argonian lashes out with his ebony arm but is tripped by Sirin. As Kell stumbles backward, he is met with Sirin’s blade and he realizes he had let go of his own as it remains stuck in the ice beyond arm’s reach. Nevertheless, Kell manages to fend off the invading enemy blade with his armored arm and with one fateful swipe Kell manages to knock the katana out of Sirin’s hand.

Both fighters stand toe-to-toe with their weapons out of reach and Hircine getting inpatient. The cold air nipping at their faces and their hearts beating furiously……

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 30 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Good battle, Taillus.

Now, I voted for Kell. Sirin seems to be somewhat faster, but the Argonian has tremendous strength as well as a decent amount of speed. So while it won't be easy, Kell has the advantage in my opinion.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 30 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Woaw...nice one here Tai...please take cake.gif a Tellie, goodjob.gif a Jona and viking.gif a Milanius.

The battle was well descripted, and you managed to make the choice VERY difficoult for us, but after a little what and iff's I voted for Sirin....I think spees is often better than strenght...(from personal experience), but the choice was difficoult, and it nearly teared me apart choosing.

smile.gif good work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Mar 30 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Very well written. smile.gif

I can't wait to see the outcome... it definetly looks close.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 30 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Myself, I think that Kell will wind up the winner. Again, like I depicted the Argonian would be very hard to read and since in my opinion, one part of speed is having really good reflexes. Not being able to read the expressionless argonian will be a great hard point for Sirin.

Overall it was a very hard decision to make and lemmie tell you it was super fun to write but after much debating and lots of thought, I do belive that soon Kell will move on to the next round with Serene and Taillus.

Oops I forgot that I can't vote kvright.gif Sorry Kell but rules are rules.

This post has been edited by Taillus: Mar 30 2006, 10:35 PM

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 31 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

I voted for Kell. He seems to have the upper hand with his swordsman skills and his ebony arm. Well, Arthago will have to return to the mortal world together with Kiln and Sirin. Too bad. But good writing anyway Taillus, a good flow of the battle.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 1 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

remember that my vote doesn't count so right now it is tied at two. The 4th will be the cut off so get voting everyone!

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 1 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmm....tricky one this.....but I´ve always feared argonians....their skin you know..so I voted for Kell......no offence Sirin but I think you´ll have a problem with that lizard....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 2 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

The Argonian would seem to have the advantage- but then, it is an ICE arena- might not the cold slow down our favorite ebony-armed lizard?

These are really a lot of fun- they have given our writers a chance to work with other characters and really showcase their writing talents.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 2 2006, 06:09 AM
Post #10

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I voted for Kell, I mean he's one mean argonian. Its a close fight now, one vote could tie it up and that would make things very interesting. biggrin.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 3 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Is there any way we can have my vote removed from the Poll? And since it will end up a tie? What should I do? Is there any way we can think of to have a tie breaker?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Taillus @ Apr 3 2006, 08:47 PM)
Is there any way we can have my vote removed from the Poll? And since it will end up a tie? What should I do? Is there any way we can think of to have a tie breaker?

I, or any mod, can remove it.....if you tell us which one you voted for!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 3 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

I accidentally voted for Kell forgetting that anyone involved in the battle cannot vote....
I appreciate it if it can be taken off.
And BTW, any suggestions on how to solve a tie breaker?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Apr 4 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

I'm not sure how to end a tie-breaker, but I think we will need someone to move on so that there will be an even amount of participants in the next set of matches.

If you feel you have given it enough time, I don't care if Kell takes a dive. I'm not sure if he would actually be up to killing a complete stranger he has nothing against anyways.

In fact, he would probably sooner turn his own blade on himself than take the life of somebody who has done no one any harm.

Thats just my two cp...

This post has been edited by Kell-Reevor: Apr 4 2006, 03:14 AM
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 5 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

With Kell's wishes, he has decided how this match ends. Though it was a tie, we both agreed that one should pass through to keep things even in numbers..... So by default, and due to how Kell's character would handle himself we have the end of Round III...

The two very highly skilled warriors stand tall, waiting for the other one to make a move. Hircine raps his fingers against the arm of his frozen throne and taps a foot on the ground. The spectators and the other combatants watch in anticipation, all seeing past their own hazy breath from the cold and rubbing their hands together in attempts of generating heat.

Suddenly, Kell steps back and peacefully sits down on the ice with his hands folded in his lap. This stunt makes the crowd gasp as from what it looks like, The ebony armed Argonian was defying the Daedric Prince by not fighting.

“What do you think you are doing you scaly mortal!” Hircine booms as he jumps to his feet. “How dare you stop battling? Get up this instant and continue fighting!” Hircine explodes as he points at Kell directly.

Sirin raises a brow as he strolls over to get his katana, all the while still watching Kell sit still, wondering if he had something planned or if he would suddenly try to strike with Sirin’s back turned.

“I refuse to fight for sport. This is not honorable and I will not kill this skilled fighter just because someone says so. You can strike me down where I stand but I will be cursed and damned to Oblivion before I swing my blade at this man again.” Kell states simply and watches the infuriated Daedric Prince practically melt the ice in anger.

Sirin decides that he as well would rather die then be forced to fight this man and that he would not be able to live with himself knowing he had killed such an honorable man just for someone’s amusement. Sirin sticks his blade tip beside Kell’s own blade and stands with his arms crossed.

“You insignificant little worms! If you will not fight each other, then answer to my bloodthirsty Lycans!” Hircine shouts, letting loose a number of his werewolf followers. The growling, snarling beasts leap from beside Hircine and from around the frozen arena and into the pit where the two fighters wait. Sirin rips Kell’s dai-katana from the ice and throws it towards him.

Within seconds, The two were surrounded by sharp clawed monstrosities that dripped saliva from their starved mouths. They close in on the combatants and occasionally nip and swing at them. Without notice, The Lycans dive inward and begin their violent attempt to tear the men apart. The spectators and remaining competitors gasp in horror as both men try to fight their way out of the apparent circle of death.

Kell slashed hard and fierce as he keeps a number of them at bay, Sirin, although his reach wasn’t as great was doing the same. Within minutes, the two had dwindled the number of beasts significantly.

Kell and Sirin seemed to have things under control but one remaining white and silver werewolf proved to be quite difficult. The beast had strength far beyond a normal Lycan and had hide as thick as steel. As the two tried their hardest to slay the monster, it was Kell who had taken upon himself to stick his normal arm in the Werewolf’s mouth to stop it from biting Sirin’s face off. Kell grabbed tightly to the monster’s tongue, and was repeatedly bashing its skull with his ebony arm despite the overwhelming pain of the wolf chewing through his real arm. Sirin tried as hard as he could to make the beast let go but every slice of his katana seemed to only make the werewolf bite down much harder causing Kell to yell out in pain.

With one final pull, Kell was able to yank out the Lycan’s tongue making it stagger back in pain. It gripped its mouth and yelped loudly also giving Sirin an opening to strike. Sirin quickly swung his katana letting the blade sink into the beast’s neck and when it fell down, Kell sunk his own Dai-Katana into the monster’s skull before falling backwards to the icy floor himself.

The once glass like arena floor was now absorbing the blood from the fallen Lycans as well as the flowing blood from Kell’s real arm that was now a shredded mess of exposed bone and torn muscle.

The people watched in horror as Kell writhed and rolled in extreme pain. Sirin offered to find someone to heal him but it would be against Kell’s wishes.

“If they heal me then we will be forced to continue fighting. Let me die here, I do not wish to be a part of this madness anymore. I wish you the best of luck, you are a very formidable opponent and a very skilled fighter…” Kell whispers before slowly fading away.

The only sound that could be heard was the laughing of Hircine. This was quite exciting to him. Mortal men and women fighting just because he demanded it and no one would oppose him.

“May the competition continue! Get that bloodied heap off of the arena pit and may the next battle commence!” Hircine roars as Sirin is telekinetically carried off into the stands to watch and wait till he again would have to square off against another Titan……

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Apr 5 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

Best... death... ever.

Very nicely done Taillus, thanks for giving him such a noble death. And good luck in your next fight Sirin.

This post has been edited by Kell-Reevor: Apr 5 2006, 05:29 PM
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 5 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Great end. They fought well against Hircine's goons. May someone hit Hircine where it hurts someday.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 5 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Apr 5 2006, 05:47 PM)
Great end. They fought well against Hircine's goons. May someone hit Hircine where it hurts someday.

Yes indeed! Great figting and a noble death of Kell the brave Argonian....

Oh aye......"someone" will hurt Hircine..........if she survives her next fight! evillol.sml.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 6 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Apr 5 2006, 11:39 PM)
Yes indeed! Great figting and a noble death of Kell the brave Argonian....

Oh aye......"someone" will hurt Hircine..........if she survives her next fight! evillol.sml.gif

Ahwww...thanks for putting so much faith in Telina Minkey...I appreciate that...tongue.gif

But I think Telina and Serene would band together, and kick Hircines A**...there's no other option...biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Apr 26 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #20

Evoker

*Whistles* Taaaaailuss, great story. Kell, you died honorably, and I loved it. I hope to die as nobly as you, my friend. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:55 PM