Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

Chorrol.com _ Oblivion cheats and hints _ Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 19 2013, 03:12 PM

Hello people, and welcome to the Chorrol > Oblivion Spoilers > Today in Cyrodiil thread, a place where one can write all about their charcters in TES: 4 Oblivion, and include spoilers in the story. I realized that the other Today thread is in General section, and this new character of mine is going to have a lot of spoilers in her story, so here goes.

Let's meet my new one!


()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()



Morndas, 2:12 AM, Last Seed 27, 3E433


"Pale skin.... snotty expression," says the putrid voice of a dark elf, somewhere nearby.

The captive woman awakes slowly.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/cedd8640-350c-4844-9d53-6e69b03982b7_zpsc1630011.jpg.html

"Yo're a Breton", continues the voice ..."the masters of magicka, am I right? Hmm?"

"What?" the captive calls out.

"Yo're nothing but a stuck-up haahlot, with cheap pahlor tricks. Go ahead! Try yo'r magicka in here! Let's see you make those baahs disappear!"

"You know of my magicka? And how?" the captive is now confused. She does know some 'magic tricks', but her knowledge is limited to just a couple of minor spells.

"Ohhh what's the mat-ta? Not so powerful now, are you Breton? Yo're not leaving this prison 'til they throw yo'r body in the lake! Ohhh that's right, yo're going to DIE in here, prisoner. ... Yo're going to die!

Joan of Arkay
begins to remember what had happened to her. The faire she had attended. The challenge of her faith by a non-believer. The subsequent argument which had turned ... nasty.

"A Redguard had then come to my assistance," she remembers. "A sweet-talker, that one. Guards made a showing, the fight did gather with persistence..."

Beyond this, Joan cannot remember the rest. How did she wind up here? In a jail cell? ...

As she tries her memory, she suddenly hears voices. Footsteps. A group apparently is approaching her cell. "...we don't know that sire," says a woman's voice; a fellow Breton. "...the messenger only said .... "

"Nooo they're dead. I know it," says a man. His voice sounds deep and familiar.

"Whot's this prisoner doing here? This cell is supposed to be off limits!"

"Usual mix-up at the watch.... I ah..."

"It doesn't matter, let's get this gate open. Prisoner! Stand over by the window," commands the female Breton.

"I .. but I ..." Joan stammers.

"We won't hesitate to kill you if you get in our way!"

"But it was not of my intentions!" protests Joan. "I was merely one bystander caught up in needless challenge!" her voice is strong. Resiliant.

"Prisoner, stand over by the window now," says a male soldier. "Do as you say, and you won't get hurt".

At these words Joan concedes, and finally does as she is told.

"Stay put, prisoner."

Joan of Arkay is not prepared for what is to happen next, as the Emperor himself then enters her cell. Emperor Septim, leader of all Tamriel. His bearing so regal, his clothing so colorful. His presence is both overbearing and unexpected, and all of this fills Joan's cell. She can barely breathe. Uriel Septim VII is in my jail cell? Joan of Arkay thinks she might be in one of her bizarre dreams, only this one's much more real.

"Yooooou", says the Emperor "I've seen you. Let me see your face," he says, getting closer to Joan. "You are the one from my dreams...."


()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()


3:20 am

"... as for what you have done, that is not what you will be remembered for..."

The Emperor rambles on about how he's seen her before. He seems to know her, and obviously, this leaves Joan stunned. Surprised. Surprised at this interruption of her apparent jail sentence. The Emperor has apparently been targeted, she learns, and all his sons have been assassinated. A secret escape route which starts in her cell is now being utilized, and the entire group now leaves her cell, as the one of the stone walls starts sliding into the floor.

"Stay out of our way, and you won't get hurt," says one of the soldiers as they all slip by.

Joan of Arkay initially obeys this command, even as the wall which just slid downwards does not rise back up, leaving a large hole in the wall. This hole is there, but I must serve my sentence, she thinks I should not leave. To end one's jail sentence early would not only be considered dishonorable, it would be illegal. But did not the Emperor himself provide every reason to doubt my captors? ... Hadn't he said (in so many words) that my sentence would now be pardoned? These are not ordinary circumstances, then.

Joan can see her jail cell (the iron door itself) is still locked, and she initially thinks of calling the guards so they can move her to another cell. But after much time (and a bit of hollering) no guards come. Nobody shows up. During all of this, the dark elf still stands in his cell across the hallway, watching her.

"What do you make of that?" Joan calls to him. "The Emperor and his personal guards just traipsed through my cell! .. How can this be?"

But he does not answer. Perhaps he is just as surprised as she is.

"Well, it cannot hurt if I traipse a bit down this passage," Joan rationalizes. "If I get caught, so be it. The door is opened, as the expression goes. And did not the Emperor himself say he had seen me in his dream?"

Dreams. The dreams. Had the Emperor been having the same dreams as she? Joan of Arkay's curiosity is piqued at this. She now makes her way out of her former jail cell, and down a dark, sloping passage towards her destiny.

Posted by: Grits May 19 2013, 03:30 PM

Thanks for starting this thread, Renee!

Wow, I doubt if Joan will be able to ignore it if someone, say, gives her jewelry to deliver. This should be good! smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 19 2013, 04:23 PM

I've written it all up, the entire Tutorial, that is! Took me 6 hours. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do this and make it inspired & fresh, but it reads pretty good. smile.gif I also think I'll be adding Kahreem's episodes here, since he's doing TG.

Posted by: SubRosa May 19 2013, 05:14 PM

Joan of Arkay! Brilliant! After you play her in Oblivion, she should journey to Skyrim and join the Dawnguard.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 20 2013, 12:36 PM

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 19 2013, 12:14 PM) *

Joan of Arkay! Brilliant! After you play her in Oblivion, she should journey to Skyrim and join the Dawnguard.


Not a bad idea. smile.gif I am eventually gonna do the MQ in that game.

I have to figure out a way to make those pictures smaller. Good lord they are huge, now that I'm on a real computer.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 22 2013, 06:51 PM

Now here is the second part of Joan's Tutorial story. Turns out the writing was going well for me detail-wise, which means there will be a Part III as well.


Morndas, 1:57 PM, Last Seed 27, 3E433


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/ef8f190b-4290-4a23-91c0-a12f983af3f4_zps31e2030c.jpg.html

Stone walls, cool air, and darkness. It is dark down here. Joan of Arkay sneaks slowly down a passageway, over some stairs, and emerges into a larger chamber. The sound of the people who just passed through her cell? These sounds can no longer be heard. Joan has just walked out of her jail cell, by means of a large hole in the wall; a hole opened by one of the soldiers who passed through.

As she sneaks* along, her mind is confused and scattered, trying to make sense of it all.

*

Am I free from jail? Am I really free?

She does not remember why she was thrown in jail in the first place. Probably, it had to do with an altercation she had with another citizen. This 'altercation' (an argument of faith) is the last thing Joan can remember before waking up in jail.

Might I need to serve the balance of my sentence? Whatever it may have been? And what of the soldiers up ahead? What of them? They are guiding the Emperor Uriel Septim through some sort of 'escape route'. ...And I am to follow them, with casualness and ease?

Joan's 'jail term' had only consisted of a few minutes before the Emperor and his posse showed up.

They did not just make a showing, though, the Emperor stopped on his rendezvous. Stopped and had a chat. A chat with little ol' me!

The Emperor had said many things to Joan, while the guards could barely hold their patience. A couple of these guards seemed ready to pounce upon her, should the Emperor give them the command. They wanted to kill her, she could see it in their eyes.

As Joan sneaks further and further into the darkness*, the air becomes cooler. Eventually she senses the presence of danger up ahead**. A skittering of feet upon the stone floor. Wearing cheap clothes with no weapon to speak of, she readies her fists, and focuses her mind upon one of the only spells she knows.



------------------------------------------------


3:16 pm


SHING!


"Protect the Emperor!"
"OOOF! OOOH AAH!"

There's a battle up ahead! Joan hides back behind a wall for a moment, lest she be caught escaping from her cell. But nobody notices her. They're too preoccupied by what appears to be an ambush of some sort. Red robed figures challenge the Emperor's guards, and these figures fall one by one. As they do so, Joan notices puffs of red mist burst into the air, as their spirits are claimed by Arkay.

"HAAA!" *clink!* "Jaaah!"

Suddenly, its over. The commotion is done. The Emperor and his guards gather for a moment and discuss their next move.

"We must keep going, sire!"

"Captain Renault... she's dead. I'm sorry...." says one of them. And more words are spoken while Joan hides in shadow, words that she can't hear from her hiding spot. Then, they all decide they'll press on ahead.

"They won't be the first to underestimate...." a Redguard's voice trails off.

"I'll take the front. Let's move!" says an Imperial.

Joan spends a moment cowering in the darkness. She's only wearing jail clothes and a couple of cheap sandals, after all. But she eventually gathers her courage, and sneaks forward once more. Then, a problem: one of the guards is up ahead, causing her to freeze.

Has he noticed her? ....Apparently not. After a minute he or so, he decides to move on.

squeak SQUEAK!

But Joan has other problems: the sound of a sewer rat up ahead, for instance. The guard may have missed her, but these rats do not. Stepping out of her crouching position, Joan readies one of the only spells she knows, and throws it.. FFFFWUUMM! ...she manages a direct hit on the first rat, killing it instantly. She misses the second rat, though.

SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK


The rat jumps upon her shoulder, biting bare flesh.

"AGH! UGH!"

But after a few blows with her fists, she manages to kill the heathenish creature.

squeak
... clunk!

Joan leaves her fists bared, ready for more, but they do not come. Apparently, she is now alone. She puts her fists down, and crouches once again, then she remembers the other spell she knows from her schooling, one which would heal her back to full health. She focuses on this spell in her mind's eye, and nurses herself back with Mara's love.

------------------------------------------------


4:41 pm
The jail escapee (Joan) comes upon fallen bodies, and finds several items she thinks she might need, just in case more enemies lie ahead: potions carried by the red-robed ambushers, and a torch as well. She'll definitely need this torch.

She also initially grabs an Akaviri-styled sword which must have belonged to the dead guard, "Captain Renault" had been her name. The craftsmanship of this particular sword is ornate, Joan can see. This isn't just a cheap item forged in an hour, whoever made it took some time.

"Purely pretty, stones and city, Arkay watcheth over thee. Can take ye a yard, take ye a mile. Buried, safe, and free"...


...Joan says, waving her hands in prayer over the fallen guard. Was this one of the guards who had wanted to kill her only a few hours earlier? ... She doesn't know, and it does not matter now. After saying prayers, Joan places the guard's sword into her arms, and instead takes a lesser shortsword (one which had perhaps been forged in an hour) from this guard's belt.

5:31 pm
The torch she's found immediately comes in handy; Joan lights it and snuffs it, as situation calls. She comes to a door straight ahead, but this door is locked. The Emperor's crew must have gone through already, leaving her behind.

"Drats. What now?"

After wondering (once again) whether she should just go back to her cell, she notices a break in a nearby wall. It's a fissure that's been blasted through at some point, and Joan sees another chamber lies beyond. She manages to squeeze through the fissure, then quickly lights her torch, scanning the room for enemies. Not seeing any, she notices a low chest on her right.

This chest yields a small amount of gold and an axe. Joan takes the gold, but leaves the axe behind, already preferring her iron shortsword. After another rat-attack, she finds more items of use: a leather cuirass, armored boots, a gemstone, and several lockpicks. Joan barely knows how to use these devices of thievery*, but she takes them anyways.

*

As she comes to a doorway, she finds something she's only read and heard about, but never seen: a goblin. Thank goodness he is not a live goblin; he looks as if he would have been fierce and merciless, had he been alive. Joan finds a key on this goblin, and takes a couple magical scrolls as well, just in case.

"Am I making this official, my break from jail?" Joan asks for guidance, still concerned about her sentence. "Here goes".

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0196_zpsd6f684f5.jpg.html

Joan opens the door, and steps through to darkness.

Posted by: Grits May 24 2013, 03:17 AM

You're really bringing Joan to life, Renee. goodjob.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 24 2013, 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ May 23 2013, 10:17 PM) *

You're really bringing Joan to life, Renee. goodjob.gif


Excellent, glad to hear this.

I gotta say, my stories have more of an audience at Beth's forums, but I like the way they actually look here better, especially the text formatting & pictures.

Anyways, thanx. biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 3 2013, 10:54 PM

Now for Part III of Joan's Tutorial story. I meant to get some Kahreem of Weet into this thread (Kahreem's tales carry more humor), but for now, it's all Joanie.

I am not sure if I got any new pics or not. What happens is: I usually take them via cell camera, then I email them to myself. The pic then gets saved to a computer file, and I grab it and put it into Photobucket. Then I edit it, if necessary. Needless to say, this is a lot of steps, and I don't always remember if I've got any pics stored away or not until I visit this one computer.

So for now, no pics. But they may be coming.



Last Seed 28, 1:42 am

As she makes her way from chamber to chamber, Joan eventually starts to gain confidence, especially now that she's wearing armor. She stops crouching and starts walking, her new sword at the ready in her right hand, and a torch carried in her left. She finds food, magical scrolls, and lots of items down here, way too many to carry, so she selects those which seem most suitable. She eventually trades her leather armor for iron, for instance.

Hours go by, and Joan of Arkay faces horrors she's only read about in books. Not just rats, but also undead and goblins. She had no idea what in Oblivion the first zombie she encountered actually was as it rushed towards her. It had been chasing a couple of rats, though, so she managed to destroy it with just a few blows, as it was pre-distracted.

She eventually winds up in a rather cavernous room guarded by several goblins. Three of these are rid by a combination of flame spells and blind sword swings. The final one is a wizard, and takes a bit more strategy. This one wields a staff which can throw lightning, so Joan initially runs back into a passage, ducks behind a wall, and throws a few fire-balls at this final goblin.

Once she has proclaimed victory, Joan carefully searches this final room, and then finds a door which leads into yet another section of underground territory. This one is much less of a cave, though; the stones here are rectangular and bluish-white. This is the Imperial City's underground, perhaps.

She thinks she hears voices ... up ahead.


_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-


Tirdas, 2:17 pm

*pic*

"We should find a defensible spot until we find help for the Emperor,"

...says an Imperial, as Joan finds yet another wall to step through. Yup, she thought she heard voices, and they are definitely coming from somewhere in front of her. Joan pauses, and then makes the small leap onto the floor below.

"What makes you think help will come ..."

"HERE THEY COME AGAIN!"

Once again, there is the sound of weapons being drawn, as the guards find themselves in another battle. Hours ago, Joan was a weakling; a mouse who had no place with these people. But she's now better prepared for a fight. She decides to run to the commotion, draws her blade, and jumps down to assist.

"FAIR THEE WELL, MISCREANT!" she yells and charges.

"WHY .. WON'T YOU ...."!

"Oooogh!"

Joan sees the Emperor up ahead, but the fight itself is in another room. As the last of the red-robed enemies is dealt with, one of the guards runs behind the Emperor, and draws his blade.

"Dammit it's that prisoner again. KILL HER! .... she might be working with the assassins!"

These words weighed heavy in the air with pause. But as Joan fears the worst, the Emperor then speaks.

"No ... she can help us. She must help us."

"As you wish, sire," says one of the guards, sheathing his blade.

"Yeas, I am here to assist," says Joan to all of them. "I come without harm. I have made my way past enemies of horror, fighting goblins and zombies and rats. ...least of all I can do is join the likes of you now."

Joan says this, and at the last moment realizes she's forgotten all about her former jail term. Having fights with multiple enemies in near-darkness can perhaps cause such forgetfulness, after all.

"Um. If you will have me, as such. I walked out of jail, yes, but there was an open wall for me to do so. And might we survive this ordeal, I would of certain make return, and finish up my sentence."

But the Emperor ignores Joan's words. Instead he walks to her as she still stands above him on a short wall. "They cannot understand why I trust you" he says to her. "They've not seen what I've seen. How can I explain?"

"Uhhhh"... Joan starts to whine. Despite her newfound iron armor & weapons, Joan starts feeling mousy again. The Emperor speaks directly to her, once again. It frightens her. It freaks her out.

"Listen, you know the Nine? How they guide our fates with an invisible hand?"

"Umm Yes! The Nine. You speak of the Nine Divines, who guide and protect us as we might fail."

"I've served the Nine all my days, and chart my course by the cycles of the heavens. The skies are marked with numberless sparks, each a fire, and every one a sign," the Emperor rambles. "I know these stars well and I wonder l.. which sign marked your birth?"

"I am of The Ritual, sire. Born under the stars which confer the healing love of Mara, and Blessed Words of Arkay."

"The signs I read show the end of my path," continues Uriel. "....my death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."

"You speak of your divine end? And what of such?"

"Your stars are not mine. The Ritual shall speed you upon your star-ridden path."

"But what of you, sire?"

"No trophies of my triumphs precede me, but I have lived well, and my spirit shall persist. Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. In this, I am blessed to see the hour of my death. ... To face my apportioned fate, then fall."

"No! This cannot be!" Joan says, honestly shocked. "You know your very end?"

"My dreams grant me no opinion of success. Their compass ventures not beyond the doors of death. But in your face, I behold the sun's companion. The dawn of Akatosh's bright glory may banish the coming darkness. With such hope, and with the promise of your aide, my heart must be satisfied".

"Go on..." Joan says, not sure what else to say. The Emperor speaks to me? she thinks wildly once again. Why me?

"I go to my grave, a tongue shriller than all the music of Mehrune's Dagon calls me. You shalt follow me yet for a while, then we must part."

With these words, the Emperor turns and walks away, leaving Joan speechless.

"You may as well make yourself useful, Here. Carry this torch and stay close," says a Redguard guard.

"Errm ... Thank you," says Joan. She already has two torches on her person, but she awkwardly grabs this third one.

Always trying to please, Joan of Arkay would have this no other way. She would carry ten torches if the Emperor or his bodyguards wished this so.

Joan thinks of inquiring about her jail term once again. Should she ask about it? No, this is nonsense. The Emperor has spoken, and he wants her with them.

"Who are you, anyways?"

"We're the Emperor's body guards, our job is to get him out of situations like this.... although I admit, things are not going according to plan".

"I see. Let us carry on, then", Joan suggests.

"Hold this torch and stay close", suggests Baurus the Redguard. "Let us do our jobs".

"Will do".

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-


"The Emperor's in danger!"

"PROTECT THE EMPEROR!!!"

More red-robed assassins present themselves, and they are rid one by one. Joan feels a moment of pride as she herself cuts one of these miscreants from existence, right before the Emperor and his Blades.

"I've still got my eye on you, prisoner," warns one of the other guards after the short melee is finished.

Prisoner
.

There it is, and the debate is final, in Joan's mind. I am still a prisoner, despite the Emperor's words of consolence. So be it... I will need to make my way back to a guard should we survive this mess, then I will present myself for re-arrest. 'Tis done, and 'tis final.

4:53 pm

"Looks clear. We're almost through to the sewers", says the Imperial guard, the one that had warned Joan earlier. But as the four of them press on, they find that a nearby gate is locked and they haven't got the key.

"Dammit! The gate is locked from the other side!"

"What about that side passage back there?" asks the Redguard.

"Worth a try! Let's go!"

Joan lets the guards walk with the Emperor into another room, while she stands guard, in case more assassins are in hiding.

"It's a dead-end, what's your call sir?"

"I don't know. I dont see any good options here. "*

After a final check of the room she is in, Joan decides there will no be no follow attack. She joins the others

creeeak!


...but they are attacked, yet again...

"They're behind us!"

"Wait here with the Emperor", says Baurus. "Guard him with your life."

*

A furious battle ensues...

"GUARRD THE EMPEROR" clink! clash!

"... FOR THE EMPEROR!!!"

..but just before it does, the Emperor takes Joan aside, and has another chat.

"I can go no further. You alone must stand against the Prince of Destruction and his mortal servants. He must not have the Amulet of Kings!"

"Amulet of Kings? Prince of Darkness?"

"Here, take this. Give this amulet to Jauffre", says the Emperor, shocking Joan yet again as he slips a large red jeweled necklace from his neck and into her palm. ..."He alone knows where to find my last son. Find him, and close shut the jaaaws of Oblivion!"

"You chose a bad day, to take up the cause with the Septims!" says somebody from the next room.

"FOoooOR THE DRAGONFIRE!"

One assassin manages to make it into the room she is in. As Joan starts to attack him, she realizes the Emperor lies to her left, already slain. This final assassin is dealt with quickly though. By the Redguard who had previously asked her to carry a torch. ...and it is this Redguard who finds himself awkwardly alone with Joan moments later.

"Oh..no .. Talos save us!" says Baurus, before turning to her. "We've failed, I'VE failed, The Blades are sworn to protect the Emperor, and now he and all his heirs are DEAD!"

"It happened so fast, I turned for a moment, and he was already down!"

Joan realizes she might find herself at fault here. She's had some training with weapons in her past, but is certainly not as fit a fighter as the Redguard before him. Suddenly, he is on her, accusing her...

"Where's the Amulet? I don't see it on his body!"

"I have it. He gave it to me, and claimed I must go to somebody named Jeffrey.

"Strange ... he saw something in you," Baurus says, now calm and realizing. "He trusted you. They say it is the Dragon Blood which flows in the veins of every septim..."

After some dialogue, Joan updates Baurus on the facts, and vice versa (Baurus updates Joan): not only did the Emperor give her the Amulet of Kings, he also told her about a final Septim heir. He then relayed that "Jeffrey" is actually "Jauffre", a monk living quietly near Chorrol in a place called Weynon Priory. Being a devout follower of the Nine, in direct service of Arkay himself, Joan has heard of this Priory, though she's never been there. Baurus tells her a little about Jauffre, then gives her a key to "the sewers".

"Sewers?"

"There are rats and goblins down there, but from what I've seen of you, they'll be no match. Say, what sort of Class have you been bred with? .... You must be a Monk, right?*"


*heh heh, Baurus is close! She's not exactly a Monk, but Joan could be one, if she weren't also a fighter who prefers weapons and some magic.

I wound up making a custom class (as I usually do), taking Combat as a specialization, and putting +5 into Intelligence and Agility. Useful (leveling) Majors include Acrobatics, Armorer, and Restoration. I took Light Armor and Speechcraft as intermediary (occasionally-used) Majors, and Alchemy and Hand to Hand as non-leveling dummies. I named her custom class 'Cleric'.

Joan is a Cleric, everyone. wink.gif But I have a feeling she might not be an ordinary D&D type of Cleric. She has an aptitude for Destruction magic.



"Really? I wouldn't have guessed. Still, I don't think you'll have any trouble with rats and goblins," says Baurus.

Suddenly, Joan realizes the other guard, the one who had called her "prisoner", is no longer around. Was he slain? ... "But what of you? ... And what of I? Am I to carry out my jail sentence upon re-emergence into society?"

"You must get the Amulet to Jauffre," says Baurus. "Take no chances, but proceed to Weynon Priory immediately. Got it?"

Joan, a loyal Cleric in service of Arkay, certainly does.

Posted by: SubRosa Jun 4 2013, 12:21 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 3 2013, 05:54 PM) *

*

Not exactly. Remember, the assassins only got in the little room through a secret panel. The key Baurus has is to the sewer grate beyond, which is also accessible by the gate that was blocked off. You can walk right up to the gate if you just take a right rather than a left to go to the sewer. So clearly B was expecting to go through that gate, then use the key to open the sewer entrance.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 5 2013, 01:11 AM

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 3 2013, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jun 3 2013, 05:54 PM) *

*

Not exactly. Remember, the assassins only got in the little room through a secret panel. The key Baurus has is to the sewer grate beyond, which is also accessible by the gate that was blocked off. You can walk right up to the gate if you just take a right rather than a left to go to the sewer. So clearly B was expecting to go through that gate, then use the key to open the sewer entrance.


Ah. I see. smile.gif Yeah, I see what you're saying, makes sense.

I remember there was some thread over at the home forums about Baurus being a double-crosser, that's where my realization came from.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 7 2013, 11:55 PM

editing story brb

Posted by: Grits Jun 8 2013, 11:36 AM

Renee, put Kareem's story back! I saw it on my phone and then came back to read on a real device. What happened to him?? tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 8 2013, 01:11 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 8 2013, 06:36 AM) *

Renee, put Kareem's story back! I saw it on my phone and then came back to read on a real device. What happened to him?? tongue.gif


Something very strange happened: I kinda lost inspiration! blink.gif Scared me a bit, to be honest. His stories usually post up with very little effort, and they wind up packed with moments of humor, and for some reason I couldn't get this yesterday.

He is in Leyawiin right now. I'm just gonna game until he finds who he is supposed to find. Maybe the 'magic' will just sorta show up again.

You're a writer, too. I'm sure you've had moments like this. I guess you could say yesterday was one of my first ones. indifferent.gif


Posted by: Grits Jun 8 2013, 01:25 PM

Oh no! Yeah, I get what you mean completely. I thought you had it written and were just fixing typos or something. It's definitely true that not every moment in the game speaks as loudly. Hopefully the magic will come back. smile.gif


Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 8 2013, 03:15 PM

Thank you for your concern, Grits. You are awesome. smile.gif

I think I got my problem solved. So now I present Leyawiin.

Where we left off: the kahreem of Weet is off to Leyawiin, to retrieve a ring belonging to a Khajiit woman. Leyawiin is the last town he has not visited here in Cyrodiil. He is looking forward to visiting here, and hopes his luck with thievery is a bit better than it was in Bravil.


Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Class: Bandit
Faction: Thieves Guild
Rank: Bandit

Days Passed: 61

Bounty: 5
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7


Frost Fall 26, 12:32 pm

"This is a rather strange task I've been given. Steal a ring which was already stolen? And the stolen ring belonged to another Thieves Guild member? ... something like that anyways."

The day is fair and sunny, and Kahreem of Weet speaks to himself as he rides slowly along. Birds sing and cicadas rattle. He did not exactly take notes from S'krivva, his contact in Bravil, so he is having a little trouble remembering what to do.

"Steal a ring. From some cat-lady named A'dharji or someone or some other. Sounds fun. I wonder if I'll be able to pull it off. Hah! Course I will, I'm the Weet Bandit! .....

.... Ahhh drats!"

The day had started off fair and sunny, but now the sky darkens. Within minutes, it is raining. And that's not all: a plethora of boars, then wolves, and then bandits attempt to mar his journey. Good thing he's got a horse, and can easily outrun them all. He dismounts and battles with a couple bandits he passes by though, looking for easy gold or treasure. These guys have nothing of value, unfortunately.

3:28 pm
Kahreem passes through a small hamlet of just three cottages, and walks by an Imperial guard going in the opposite direction. The guard looks wildly at the Redguard, and for a moment Kahreem fears yet another confrontation...

"Hail citizen. How can I be of service?"

"Uhh, I am Vincent the Spice Merchant, come down from Bruma. Just riding along to Leyawiin to trade the rest. Lavender and cardamon and St. John's wort, you know, that sort of thing...."

Kahreem is relieved when the guard simply turns away from him in mid-sentence. Yeah .... whatever.... his facial expression seems to suggest as he dismisses the Redguard without interest.

Kahreem knows he's got a bounty on his head. Must be a low one.


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


4:37 pm

"I can't sell you any horseflesh. You'll have to go inside and talk to Cat-Face," greets Leyawiin's stablehand, a Khahiit named Atahba.

"Not to worry, cat-person. Here, have some gold."

"This better be good".

"Watch over my horse, will ya? It's the bay over there. Been riding all over Cyrodiil, seeking out ingredients to make some spice. Pleased to meet you, I am Vincent the Spice Maker."

"Not now, not later, not ever!" the stablehand says, annoyed.

But then, a problem. Kahreem reaches into his coinpurse, and realizes he hasn't even got enough coin to tip the stablehand! He finds just one coin in his coinpurse. A single gold coin. And that's all!*

"Ummm ... sorry. Uhhh Forgot about the bandits. I was robbed! Yeah .... I was robbed, that's it!" He then turns to a nearby Leyawiin guard. "Guard, they took all my money!" Kahreem says, doing a bit of mock-drama. "Go out and arrest them!"

"Oh please. Just go away."

"I'm gone."

*


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


5:22 pm
Kahreem enters the great western gate of Leyawiin as the rain finally starts to clear. He finds an inn on his left called the Five Claws Lodge, and digs further into his coinpurse.

Just...one ...gold!


How can this be?

Desperate for more, he walks around the town until he's got enough mushrooms and flowers he can sell to whatever general goods store there is in Leyawiin. He feels a bit disgraced while doing this (collecting herbs and mushrooms is elve's work!) but he also realizes that to live up to his new claim of being a "spice merchant", it wouldn't hurt to have some actual ingredients on his person to back this story up.

.... He eventually finds a place he can do business with (Best Goods and Guarantees!) and sells these items. He winds up with exactly ten gold, and is now able to rent a room in the Five Claws.

"I hear that Dagail knows a lot about Mysticism. And sheep," an Argonian woman says as Kahreem puts his things away in a dresser.

"I don't understand the fascination with sheep," another voice replies. "Certainly seems to know everything about Mysticism, though."

"Take care."

"Goodbye."

Karheem pauses. Mysticism and sheep?... What is that, some sort of code? He wonders if it is.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


9:52 pm

"I'm Otomeel. But I didn't do anything, really! It wasn't meeee!"

.... An Argonian man walks abruptly into Kahreem's room, just as Kahreem is sitting down for a meal. "Haahaha ! No! Really! It wasn't meee! Never!" he babbles.

"Hey, you can't just walk in here like that! You have about two seconds to GET out of my room, lizard-man, before I clock you one."

"I ask myself.. Do I like you enough to tell you about thisss?" the lizard-man asks.

Kahreem pauses. "GET out of my room, scaly one!! OUT!" but the Argonian does not move. "Okay, you asked for this. Think I might just make a new coinpurse out of your skin!"

Kahreem picks out his rusty iron daggar, a weapon he's owned since escaping from a sewer long ago. He then starts swinging! "HAA ho!!!" clink clink... but the fight doesn't last long before it's all over.

"STOP! You violated the laaaaw!" says a guard. That man showed up in less than 10 seconds, Kahreem notices. "Since you lack the funds to pay for your crime, I'm taking you into custody. Your stolen goods are now forfeit!"

Kahreem regards his decision for a moment. Jail or flee? He doesn't want to run. He just got here after all. But if he goes to jail, he'll (no doubt) lose a few stolen things on his person. On the other hand, he knows he has just put away several things in his room's dresser. No doubt a lot of good things (stolen iron gauntlets and other such items) are already safely stored.

"Ahh okay. Let's go to jail, then."

"Hope you raaawt, criminal scum."

shink!

Posted by: Grits Jun 8 2013, 06:13 PM

Oh my gosh, Dagail and sheep! That finally makes sense to me. Not much of a spoiler, just a detail about another NPC. But just in case you don’t want to know:



QUOTE

He did not exactly take notes from S'krivva, his contact in Bravil, so he is having a little trouble remembering what to do.


Lol. And there may have been Cheap Wine…



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 9 2013, 12:45 AM

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 8 2013, 01:13 PM) *

Oh my gosh, Dagail and sheep! That finally makes sense to me. Not much of a spoiler, just a detail about another NPC. But just in case you don’t want to know:




It's just the way that NPC says this so carefully that it sounds as if the "mysticism and sheep" is really a code for something else, but you may be on to something with Dagail's brother.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 23 2013, 03:49 PM

I haven't been posting Kahreem here lately, so here is where I left off: the Kahreem of Weet is now in Leyawiin, on a quest to find a stolen ring. He arrived into town, rented a room at the Five Claws Lodge, and then got into a brawl with an Argonian who simply walked into his room. Kahreem was quickly arrested, and now resides in ... one of his favorite places (sarcasm).

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Class: Bandit
Faction: Thieves Guild
Rank: Bandit

Days Passed: 63

Bounty: 85
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7


Frost Fall 28, 5:06 am

"Back in jail, once again."

Kahreem's a bounty this time is 85 gold, which means his stay should be short.

"One thing good about my stay this time is I'm clearing the air. I'M CLEARING THE AIR!" he shouts into a nearby hallway, getting a little stir-crazy. "Gonna settle up my debts here in Leyawiin, and start with a clean slate! No bounty upon my head! .... Then, it'll be 'back to work', back to collecting ingredients and grinding them into spices!"

Kahreem's newest ploy (as a newcomer in this town) is to play the part of a "spice merchant". It's an idea that occured to him on the journey south, as he noticed a blonde wood elf at one point picking mushrooms. She would no doubt sell some of these mushrooms, or mix them into potions, and then make a nice profit. Why couldn't a Redguard like him also have such a profession? ....

"I travel a lot; who's to say I can't be a spice merchant?" he says to himself. "How hard can it be?"

But Kahreem knows better. Being a "spice merchant" takes work. Lots of hard work. Riding or walking all over the place, collecting leaves, herbs, flowers, etc., evading enemies all the while. As a practicing thief, Kahreem of Weet tries to 'work' as little as possible.

"Come on..come on...what's for breakfast?" he moans as a guard walks by without a glance. His tummy grumbles, and so he lies down on the floor, waiting for his meal. As he thinks of breakfast, he remembers the Argonian he attacked the day before. The Argonian who just barged into his room without knocking.

"Fokke. Oatmeal. What kind of a name is that for an Argonian? Almost sounds like a breakfast food."


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


Morndas, 5:23 am
Rain pours down in sheets as the Weet Bandit is released from jail the next day. It feels good, this warm rain, after hours in that crummy dungeon.

"It's you. Hi," greets a guard.

Kahreem of Weet does not greet back. He walks a few paces up a causeway, and starts dropping his itchy jail clothes along the way. Shoes and shirt are both discarded, right in the street.

"Lucky for me, they don't seem to have taken much stuff."

He studies his inventory. He still has his rusty sewer daggar. Still has his enchanted boots, his leather sewer breast plate, and a few other assorted items (foodstuffs and lockpicks). He was lucky to have not had too many stolen things on his person when he was arrested.

As the rain falls, he makes his way back to the Five Claws, hoping his stuff is still stored in the dresser in which he left it all. .... Unfortunately he is out of gold! ... He cannot even rent a room. So he must break into his former room at the Five Claws.

Once inside the inn, he does just this: he manages to sneak inside his former room, picking its 3-tumbler lock, while Witseidutsei (the lizard-woman who runs the place) is engaged in a conversation about goblins. All his things are still where he left them. Good.

"Gotta get out of this dump".

On his cursory tour around Leyawiin a day or two earlier, Kahreem had noticed a more upscale establishment, and he decides he'll stay here instead. Upscale places usually gave the buyer his own room, far away from the common areas. This room would not be invaded by any random tavern-goers.

"No Argonians named Oatmeal just breaking in, babbling nonsense while I'm just trying to sit down to a nice meal. For Nocturnal's sake!"

'Vincent the Spice Merchant' begins to skulk around Leyawiin, looking for things to pick and sell, like some humble wood elf, trying to fatten his man-purse as best he can. ... After several hours, he thinks he's got enough. He sells these 'spice ingredients' to Gundalas at Best Goods and Guarantees: sprigs of lavender, mushrooms, and aloe leaves. He thinks he has enough to rent a room, but is still not sure. So Kahreem/Vincent then sacrifices a couple of scrolls he bought up in the Imperial City, and winds up with a total of 32 gold.

"Take care, please ... come again," Gundalas says cheerfully.

"Yeah, well us spice merchants are always working hard to bring only the best ingredients to the citizens of Cyrodiil. Take care!"

Kahreem now heads to the Three Sisters Inn, hoping he's got enough gold to rent a room.


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~



"Have you ever placed any bets with J'bari?" asks a cat-lady as Karheem enters the inn.

"He pays his debts," replies a second cat-lady. "...but his love of dogs is just ... odd. I've heard he leaves meat in his backyard to attract them."

"Have you heard any..."

"Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, I am Vincent the Spice Merchant. I am new here in Leyawiin. Pleased to meet you."

"Well you've found the Three Sisters Inn," greets the cat-lady on the left. "Beds and food. Nawwt cheap, but you get what you pay for. I'm Shuravi, the sister-that-works-and worries. Shamada is sweet and decorative. Shomara is dumb as a post. But she can cook, at least".

"What is it with all the cat-people and lizards down here?" Kahreem says, noticing that other than a few guards and the elves who run Best Goods, he has not seen a single other type of humanoid so far.

"Blackwood Company is putting the Fighter's Guild to shame," Shuvari answers. "They're a new mercenary company, competing with the guild. Beast people and other savages. Work cheap and fast. "No job too tough." Not fussy, either. Fighters Guild better watch out..."

"Well, have you got a bed? Gotta have somewhere to put all my spices, ya know."

"I have just the thing for you. A lovely suite on the second floor. It's a steal at only 40 gold a night. Interested?"

After all his "work", collecting ingredients around Leyawiin, Karheem/Vincent is dismayed to find he still hasn't got enough gold. It's settled then: work does not pay. He's tried it, and he's apparently not very good at it. To make a living at being a spice merchant, he would need to collect a lot of ingredients, apparently.

He makes a sacrifice, selling a bottle of poison for 11 gold. Now, he can finally afford his room.*

"I'll take it."

"Of course you will. You'd be silly not to. It's just up the stairs and down the hall on the East wing. All the comforts of home."

"Thank you!" Vincent/Karheem says, trying to be as pleasant as possible. He then heads upstairs to his rented room.

*

2:43 pm

"Ahh, now THIS is much better."

It's is a double room. A Cyrodiilic suite, in comparison to the smelly old Five Claws. He immediately scatters his things (armor and Sewer Club and whatnot) all over the room, then he sits down and has some food, and a bottle of Cheap Wine. It's been several days since he's had any wine, so now it's time to celebrate.


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


Tirdas, 8:11 am

"Hey."
"Hi there."

"Did you hear about A'darji picking another fight with an Argonian?"

"She's ridiculous! I don't know what her problem is, always trying to start something."

"Hi there."

"Have you seen the Derrics recently? They're always bickering with one another."

"They argue a lot, but that's just their way. I don't think they're really ever angry at one another."

"Have you heard any word about the other provinces?...."


The next morning, as two of the three sisters are deep in conversation, Kahreem makes his way back outside, wearing his new (and stolen) set of clothes: a black and gold outfit. This is a little over-the-top, since his mission today is to see about finding a beggar to speak to.

"Beggars are the eyes and ears of the Thieves Guild," he mutters.

But he has chosen these clothes because (as a spice merchant) he wants people to see he is doing well. He is a businessman, after all. A buyer/seller. Right?

As he walks back towards the Five Claws, he spies somebody who might be a beggar. It's a white man wearing grungy clothes.

"Afternoon," he says.

Nope. Not a beggar. Real beggars always ask for coin, after all. The next person he sees is a Khajiit, standing just outside the Five Claws.

"I'm savin' up enough for some medicine," Rancid Ra'dirsha greets.

"You are? Well have some coin, beggar."

"Thank you kind sir!"

"Why save up for some medicine when you can just steal it from the Mage's Guild?" he wonders. "Anyways, listen, car-lady. I need to know anything you can tell me about a stolen ring? Ignore my fancy clothes, I am Thieves Guild. I have been sent here from Bravil. S'krivva sent me. I am supposed to find somebody named Ahdarji. Something like that."

At mention of S'krivva, Rancid Ra'dirsha's ears perk upwards. "I know of her. What's it worth, to you?"

"I've got some coin."

"She lives on the west side of town," Ra'dirsha informs. "She is fond of the Three Sisters Lodge in the eveining but takes her midday meal at the Five Claws."

"Good. Now go get yourself something to eat, you and your fur look awful."

"Blessings of Arkay upon you."

With this information, Kahreem wastes no time. It is just about midday, Ahdarji should be inside the Five Claws.


1:53 pm

"This scent is fowwwwl," greets Otumeel, the Argonian who Kahreem previously attacked two days prior. Fortunately for Otumeel, Kahreem of Weet doesn't know one Argonian from the next.

A Khajiit also stands by. "It looks thievy to this one," she says.

"Thievy?"

Kahreem follows this Khajiit outside, so they can speak freely, without their words being heard by the entire Five Claws.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/fd131d39-bfe4-4484-ad38-b1adab297986_zps9f79d01b.jpg.html

"Hello. I am Vincent. I'm Thieves Guild."

"Why does the prey approach me?"

"You .... mentioned the Thieves Guild. Am I right? I've been sent here from S'krivva. Something about a missing ring. I'm dressed like spice merchant, but I'm actually a thief." Kahreem smirks.

"Yes. A filthy Argonian stole my precious ring. It was a gift from my mate. It has... sentimental value. I will pay well. The stupid lizard hunts with the name Amusei. Find him, find my ring. Make him suffer! Kill him and I will be pleased."

"Kill him? You don't say?"* Kahreem smiles.

"Stupid guild rules! He is only an Argonian. He is less than human, and much less than Khajiit. If you must spare him, at least make him suffer."

As Ahdarji says this, another citizen (a human) walks by, so she suddenly brightens up her voice, and changes the subject. .. "So many greenskins here .... they smell. Do they not? Ahdarji won't drink the water, no. The Argonians SWIM in it."

Kahreem tries, but gets no other information about the Argonian Ahdarji speaks of.

"Ahh drats. Well, guess I'll ask the Rancid beggar again," he says, already dreading it's gonna cost more gold.

*

Posted by: Elisabeth Hollow Jun 24 2013, 02:41 AM

i re-made Kayla in Oblivion...

She made it out of the sewers okay, but had yet to reach the Imperial City for shelter, as she's been attacked by 14 wolves, 8 bandits, and two thieves on the road XD

She's a bit tired.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 29 2013, 01:31 AM

That's beautiful, Liz. I know somebody named Kayla, although she spells it 'Kela. wink.gif

And now, let me present (finally) the final chapter of Joan of Arkay's Tutorial Dungeon story. For those do not remember, Emperor Uriel Septim VII has just been assasinated, after which Joan and Baurus had a little chat. Baurus guessed she might be a Monk by class. Pretty good guess, in the sense that Monks are often religious.

Now, Baurus has sent Joan on her way, and she hopes to find her way out of the Imperial Sewers.


Tirdas, 6:36 pm
Last Seed 28, 3E433


Joan of Arkay

Race: Breton
Birgthsign: The Ritual
Class: War Cleric
Level: 1
Health: 60
Magicka: 160
Fatigue: 145


"Are you sure you will be okay? All alone down here?"

"You need to get out of here. There's no telling who will come through here, the Blades or more assassins".

Joan of Arkay heeds the words of Baurus, the Redguard Blade who has decided he'll be "guarding the fallen Emperor".

"Well. If you think you shall be okay, perhaps I will go, then. I will be sussing up help from the outside, as well."

With these words, Joan reluctantly turns to go.

"Farewell", Baurus says.

(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-


9:07 pm
First place she finds herself is in a VERY dark, rather large and rather smelly area, made of stone. It is so dark, she can barely see her hand in front of her face. Light does filter from far above here and there, but it's very weak, and this is the only light she's got to go by. Joan cautions her torch, lighting it for a moment, and then snuffing it out. There are stairs to her left, going downwards.

"I don't like where this is going!" she scream-whispers.

With no other choice, she makes her way slowly down these stairs. She's fully armed now, but it is VERY dark in here. Over the past few hours, Joan has fought rats, goblins, and even an undead zombie. She's seen plenty of rats in her day, but none as large as the ones down here! Sewer rats could be as large as dogs.

The goblins were worse. They fought savagely, and could leap through the air with ease. Joan had only read about these in the past, during her former training. Fighting a goblin one-on-one? .. She was happy to have been fully-equipped with a shield, armor, and short sword when she encountered her first--.

"ARRAH!"


...the goblin screams up ahead! She hears it, and then sees it as it walks directly in front of her. Although trained as a warrior, Joan had been crouched down like a cowardly nightblade when the goblin passed literally inches away.

Taking no chances, Joan slices at the goblin's back

"HAAAGH!"

... and misses!

"AAAHHEEAHHH" it screams in its arcane language.

The goblin rushes her, she BLOCKS with her shield, and manages a few strikes on the creature, stunning it a bit? It's hard to tell, it's so dark in here! Finally, Joan backed up a few feet and then tossed a fireball into its face, AhhAAYEEAAA! killing it instantly.

And again, it is pitch black.


(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-


Note: I was gonna keep writing, but I forgot my cell camera at work! I'm too addicted to taking pictures with Joan, and i wanna get one when she walks outside to Cyrodiil. So that's all for now. A shortie.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 30 2013, 04:25 PM

Sundas 6:23 am
Heartfire 16, 4E438


Days Passed: 21

Health: 60
Magicka: 90
Fatigue: 145


"Welll met".

"Excuse me. Might I beg pardons of ye?"

"You need to see Ugak if you want to buy a horse. She's inside."

"Oh, of course. Silly me. They don't make a stablehand handle all the gold, after all," Lady Saga says this, and then immediately regrets saying it. "I mean ... um..."

But Tilmo the stablehand does not seem to notice any implied insult. "Farewell," he says brightly, on this fine sunny Sundas.

With over 600 gold in her pockets after just three weeks in Cyrodiil, Saga is already seeking purchase of a horse. But she is not sure if she has enough gold, yet. A horse will be important, in the days and weeks ahead. Important for survival.

Before leaving Cyrodiil four years ago, she remembers the wilds had become somewhat overrun with greater beasts. Trolls, bears, dire wolves, that sort of thing. Her magic and combat skills had simply not been sharp enough. Now that she's back, she's realized over the past few days that she has yet to see any of these menaces, even after a two-day long journey from Anvil to Skingrad. But that doesn't mean the beasts aren't still around; perhaps it's due to the fact that she stayed on the road (where it's safe) that she's made it to Anvil in one piece.

There's a chance that the odd population explosion of dastardly beasts several years ago has been tamed by other adventurers, Imperial patrols, and the like, but Saga's taking no chances.

The day before, she had shown up to the Skingrad Mage's Guild and found a woman named Adrienne Berene. in charge of the Skingrad chapter.

"I trust you have a good reason for interrupting me!?"
Adrienne had scolded at the blonde wood elf who had shown up way too early in the morning.

"Absolutely, fine deb. I am Lady Saga, prospective associate, seeking companionship with this chapter of yours. I am new here in Skingrad.--"

....but Adrienne had cut her off....

"Hmmm? what? I'm rather busy right now," she had said, despite the fact that she appeared to have just woken up. "Oh, is this about joining the Mage's Guild? I suppose I could spare the time, if necessary."

Off to a rocky start, Adrienne had then given Saga her first task: find out what happened to Erthor, a rogue mage who had recently vanished.

"Erthor?" Saga had asked, surprised to hear his name once again. Last time she saw Erthor was in Valenwood, almost four years ago. "Erthor? ... You did say Erthor, right? Well of course I would love to suss him out." Saga had smiled slightly. "What sort of recalcitrance has he gotten himself into this time?"

"Excellent. I just don't have the time to search for him again, but I do need to consult him about some notes he borrowed. You might want to ask around, and see if anyone can be of some help. Let me know when he's back, and you'll have your recommendation."

"Ask around?"
Saga quipped. "I do not think such a diversion will be of necessity. I think I know exactly where he might be hiding," she had said slyly.

And so now here she is, on this fine Sundas morning. A Sundas which could not be any finer, Aerin thinks to herself, before entering the shack where all the money gets exchanged.

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_


9:46 am

"I've killed far worse than YOU."

"What? Killed far worse than you...what sort of a greeting is that?"

Even for an orc, that's a pretty rude greeting, Saga thinks, and then she thinks that perhaps she should be a little rude in return. But then she corrects herself. She's here to do business, after all. She can be in and out in five minutes.

"You want a horse? I can sell you one. There are no finer Bay horses than those sold by the Grateful Pass Stables," Ugak gra-Mogakh now answers, much more bright and friendly.

Well that is better. Perhaps she didn't sleep well.

"I am not sure I have the coin, as of yet."

Ignoring Saga's hesitation, Ugak breaks into her spiel. Her sales pitch. Ever since coming to Cyrodiil and landing this job, one of her favorite moments is when she gets to try to sway a customer. "Our Bay horses are faster than the Paint horses and tougher than the Chestnut. You'll be proud to own one."

Her voice is confident, her technique refined, and over the past several years it's been rare that she's lost a sale. Who would dare try to swindle an orc? .... She brings in thousands if not tens of thousands of gold to Skingrad every year, and feels momentarily proud to be considered to be not only an orc, but a trusted citizen; one who is good at her everyday tasks.

"And the price? A thousand gold? Well I am afraid I have not got that!"

"You mean you're too poor?" Ugak accuses. "That's a fair price for this horse!"

"Yes I know..." Saga nearly stammers, realizing that orcs are the worst when it comes to temperance. Ugak's mood could turn ugly, Saga realizes. "...I was just ....um... seeking prospection. That a horse could ... um ... be bought? And for how much? I have not the coin as of yet, but in a few days--"

"STOP ... TALKING!" Ugak scolds again, really annoyed now. Damn little elf she thinks, but does not say.

Over the past several years, Ugak's little problem with customers and rudeness has been addressed so many times, she's lost count. But she's getting better at not being rude. And this is part of her job, of course. And she's good at her job.

"I will .... show myself outside, then."

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_


8:15 pm
Hours go by, and stars begin glittering in the sky by the time she finally finds the place she believes Erthor might be hiding. He's been caught in here before, after all. Saga remembers there were a group of Standing Stones nearby, and once she sees these stones, she gives herself a little pat on the back.

"No trolls. No bears. No giant wolves"," she says to herself.

She's made it here safely. Once she is actually inside of Bleak Flats Cave, she thinks she will be okay. Not only has she got her bow and plenty of arrows, but she's got poison, and lots of it.

"Has Erthor been up to his old tricks again? Creation of zombies?"

She does not remember whether or not zombies can be affected by poison, but assuming they can be, she'll have no problem dealing with these menaces. On her journey to Skingrad, she collected many samples of nightshade, peony seeds, sacred lotus seeds, and even wisp stalks (inside of Cursed Mine). She had been able to make many poisons, once she made it to Skingrad.

"Alright Erthor, you bugger. Here I come. Remember me? Remember who you left behind four years ago? Well here I come...."

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_


9:09 pm
Bleak Flats Cave. Now that she's actually here, Lady Saga puts on an extra air of caution, as she suddenly remembers that four years ago, this place had been rumored to contain a powerful vampiress named Eradication or something odd like this. Vampires? Zombies? ... Saga is taking no chances. She crouches down, and has her bow ready, an arrow already poisoned to damage one's health.

"Ohhh I do wish I had not slacked on my magic over the years."

Saga remembers back to the year 433, when she had plenty of magic within her grasp. After years of disuse, this is no longer so. She tries but simply cannot remember the process for casting a life detection spell, or unlife, as it might be in this case. She can't even cast a Light spell, anymore, which means she must occasionally brandish a torch, despite her superior elven eyesight*. All she remembers are a couple of healing spells, and she only remembers these because they are the spells she had been occasionally casting, if a bee stung her or a rabid animal had attacked in Valenwood.

Oooooooohhhh eeeeeee


Her skin crawls as she hears one: a zombie. Definitely a zombie. But where is it? .. Saga creeps forward ever-so-slowly, and suddenly sees it, dead ahead! It's a mere shape amongst shadows. Saga think she might have a clear shot, but a large stalactite in front of her partially blocks the way. She waits for the zombie to move. When it finally does, she moves slightly...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!


She realizes she's been discovered!** In a moment, she gets up and runs back towards the cave's entrance, while the rancid being behind her begins pursuit. Saga then stops, turns around, and aims her bow, slamming the zombie with a poisoned arrow. But this does little to dissuade the zombie! .. She switches to her steel mace as the zombie closes in. plicthhh plick!! the spikes of the mace barely seem to make a dent. Saga moves around. She dances from one spot to the next, clobbering the undead here and there. The undead slams her with open palms in return, bringing her health down in large chunks. It's like the Year 434 all over again she thinks wildly, realizing she might get killed, and all for a stupid Recommendation.

As she runs outside of Bleak Flats to heal herself, Saga curses her task.

"Erthor. You sorry twit. I will get you, you sorry little twit."



.

Posted by: mirocu Jul 4 2013, 11:09 AM

Poor Saga! laugh.gif She struggles so hard to do the same thing she did years back tongue.gif

If only she had the Septims to buy a horse at least... kvleft.gif

Posted by: Grits Jul 5 2013, 03:59 AM


Renee, I love how Saga explains her reduced skills and the less dangerous wildlife.

Erthor is going to get an ear full if she ever goes back in to get him. ohmy.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jul 7 2013, 02:01 AM

Thanks you all, thanks so much! I've had some weird [censored] happening in real-life, so it's good to come here and be amongst Gritsy and mirocu. I've been checking out your fanfic story here and there, Grits. One of these days I need to just sit down (or lie down) because it's kind of intense in the beginning. I need to take it in without any distractions, it's not like one of my stories, after all, which are like cheap soap operas in comparison. tongue.gif Just kidding, kinda. smile.gif

Anyways, I finally got Joan out of the Sewers...
http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/383a23f8-66cb-47c0-8ee2-4e6f61875425_zpsd7e347f3.jpg.html

When we last saw her, she was carrying something important which was given to her .... everybody knows the rest, right? :smile:

Last Seed 29, 3E433 10:48 am


Joan of Arkay

Level: 1
B. Sign: The Ritual
Class: War Cleric

ST: 30
Int: 55
WP: 50
AG: 30
Spd: 40
End: 35
Pers: 40
Luck: 50

Majors: Armorer, Athletics, Hand to Hand, Restoration, Acrobatics, Light Armor, Sneak*

*

Days Passed: 3

"Finally! ... I have made it!"

Joan of Arkay passes through one final gate, a grid-iron portal that leads to Cyrodiiilic splendor. She is free. The sunlight is dazzling, after hours (days?) in that dungeon. Joan cannot fathom her true importance as of now. Partially, she feels she has a higher calling, but her own human-ness keeps persuading her otherwise.

"Now, to get to Chorrol where I am to meet Sir Jeffrey. I mean Jauffre."

Despite her appointed task, Joan can't help a lingering feeling: She is still a wanted criminal, for reasons unknown to her. And she must serve out her sentence. Why was she in jail? She has never been officially told. But she was in jail, and those who are locked up must always "serve out their sentence". Joan sighs, weighing her options as she walks slowly up the hill towards the Imperial City.

She has a thought as she walks: Perhaps she can give this heavy red Amulet of Kings to someone of more importance than herself. And this other person can carry the Amulet to Chorrol. Can she do this?

"Amulet of Kings. Am I to truely be the bearer of such? ... Indeed 'tis not my calling. Or is it? .... Is it truly?"

Joan walks on an old worn path which zig-zags towards the Imperial City, while a stray mudcrab catches her scent and begins to follow. She runs a moment, and then begins walking again, allowing the creature to catch up to her. Runs. Then walks.

"Mudcrabs, disgusting creatures. And yet, only I can truely say I have 'seen one by the waterfront'. Indeed I have one following me, right this instant."

She makes her way left around an edge of great white stone, while the mudcrab struggles to keep up.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-


12:02 pm, Imperial City Prison District

"You have my ear, citizen," says Amadus Phillida, as the breezy air and perfect sun permeates this afternoon.

"Um.. Hullo sir. My name is Joan."

"Is there a problem, citizen?"

Joan has chosen Amadus over all the other guards present because he is wearing the shiniest armor. Therefore, he must be a Watch Captain, or at least somebody of greater importance. Better to go straight to the one who is most in charge, for a situation like this.

"Listen. I know this may seem wrong, perhaps even devious, but I might be a wanted criminal, escaped from her cell, and I am turning myself in. Implacably, many such things have been of occurrence over these past few hours, and I need to make arrangements with--"

"What are you looking for?" Amadus asks, seeming to ignore her words. Get to the point.

"Am I a wanted criminal?" Joan almost pleads. "Here in the Imperial City? I am new here, and was in some sort of ruckus with a certain miscreant who was not of belief--"

But again, the guard cuts her off mid-sentence. "It is a wonderful city," he says, meditatively, "...and I'm proud to have served her for 40 years. But I'm ready to retire, let the young folks take over the reins."

Confused, Joan decides to let the matter drop. If the guards wanted her, they damn well would have let her know by now.

"Well, um... see, I have this as well. It's an Amulet. It's the Amulet. The Amulet of Kings. Perhaps you have not taken notice as of yet, about the Emperor and his Blades? The Emperor has sadly passed this Amulet on to me, yet I see this relic as more of an onus. I am unfit. Unworthy. Yet the Emperor, he made pleadings with me, that I should go to Chorrol, and present this Amulet to a certain monk who dwells at Weynon Priory. And I do not--"

"If you've got to travel by the Nine Divines, stay on the road. The wilderness just isn't safe anymore," Amadus says warily. "We've had sightings you see... the Daedra..."

"Daedra?" Joan asks, once again sidetracked in conversation. "Oh how dreadful!"

"Farewell citizen!" Amadus says, clearly done with small talk.

"Fare...well..."

Joan's two objectives are (as of yet) unfinished, she realizes. She's still a free woman, and still possesses the Amulet of Kings.

"Well, as he said, he is an elder, ready for retirement. He would be less fit than me, then, to take this ruby towards Chorrol."

Joan says this, and then heads back towards the gate.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-


Middas, 8:55 pm, Merchant's Inn

"Good evening."

"Hello!"

"It's you .... hi."

Joan makes it to the Merchant's Inn as the sky outside darkens to pitch. The place is packed. She makes her way by several patrons, and rents a room from the innkeeper. She also buys some food. Once inside her own room, she collapses into a chair, but can only nibble at her meal: a ham, cheese, and onion sandwich.

"I ... I have seen so much. So much has passed.....and what to make of it all?"

She looks down to the Amulet, the one which the Watch Captain had seemed to purposely not discuss when she showed it to him.

"Are ye to be my onus?" she asks the brilliant red jewel.

And before she can receive any sort of answer, she finds herself discarding her smelly leather boots, her rusted iron helmet, and other newfound armor pieces, and then can barely help herself as she falls into bed. She sleeps for many many hours, and dreams many many dreams.



[

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jul 13 2013, 09:22 PM

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Bounty: 0
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Days Passed: 65

Where we left off: Kahreem is in Leyawiin inquiring about a missing ring. He has just spoken to the owner of this missing ring, which is actually a stolen ring. Now, Kahreem must find a beggar, who will help him find the Argonian who stole the ring from Ahdarji.


Warm rain falls steadily as Kahreem of Weet trudges slowly around Leyawiin, looking for a beggar to speak to. It takes him awhile to find one, despite the two beggar-bedrolls he discovers on opposite ends of the village.

As he walks, Kahreem stifles the urge to pick the aloe leaves, the steel entoma musrooms, the lavender he occasionally finds still unpicked. He could possibly pick these ingredients, and then pretend to make some 'spices' (while actually just selling them for simple gold), but even he has some limits to his lie-telling. Even he can only go so far with acting out his lies.

"I mean, c'mon... it's raining!" he says to nobody in particular. "Let the fair-haired elves pick stuff in the rain; us Redguards like to take the day off on occasion."

Actually, Kahreem corrects himself in his thoughts. ...take the day off? Never. Every day is a "day off" in my world.* He's never worked a day in his life so far (not honestly, anyways) and this is a habit he's aiming to keep. As Kahreem of Weet realizes he'd make a pretty bad alchemist, or (in his case) a pretty bad spice merchant, for he's too lazy to do the actual work, preferring to look for any excuse possible to NOT work, he finally spies a beggar.

*

12:06 am

"Finally. I've been looking all over for you. It's me .... Vincent the 'Spice Merchant.'"

"I can eat for a day with a single coin," Ra'disha suggests.

"Uh huh, sure you can. Look I'm getting low on funds, and there isn't a fence in this fokkinge village. I can't keep up this front, picking up berries and mushrooms and leaves just to give you gold. Ahdarji said her ring was stolen by an Argonian named ... umm....dammit I already forgot his name," Kahreem says, already knowing what Rancid's answer will be.

"I might know that. For a price!"

"TEN GOLD? Are you joking? Fokke!"

He suddenly finds it hard to believe that just a week or two ago, he had hundreds in his pocket, many of which he earned just from gambling. "Well let's hear what you have to say, fur-licker."

"The poor bugger was arrested. Seems he tried to swindle the Countess. He's rotting in a cell in the castle dungeon now."

"So he's in jail? Great. That's really wonderful. Just when I get out of jail, I have to somehow get back in!"

"It's common knowledge that the jailors can be bribed to allow visitors to see prisoners."

"Bribed? As in more gold spent?! ... Fokke!"

"Blessings of Stennndarrr upon you," Rancid Ra'shida says, turning away to a night full of sleeplessness in the rain.

"Hmm, well there's gotta be a way to get around this dilemma," Kahreem muses as he walks back towards the Three Sisters' Inn. Once back inside he finds he has less than 40 gold, and therefore must break into the room where all his things are stored. He breaks 3 out of 10 lockpicks while doing so.

"Fokke!"


/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-


Middas, 1:07 pm

"Hail"

says a guard the next afternoon. Kahreem says nothing in return, other than "just making a delivery. The Countess's eyes only."

Feeling slightly paranoid, Karheem realizes he's wearing nice clothes, but stolen nice clothes. He's wearing nice shoes, but stolen nice shoes. He's just been in jail for fighting with an Argonian named "Oatmeal" , and this means his head should be cleared for bounty.

"But will they notice my clothes? Damn! Shoulda worn something less suspicious."

Too late for this. Kahreem makes his way towards the middle of Castle Leyawiin's court, takes a right, and walks down a sloping hallway to the dungeon.

Middas, Day 66, 1:43 pm

"You look lost," says the jailor calmly, as Karheem moseys as casually into the Dungeon as he can.

"Ahh, perhaps I am lost."

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOWN HERE!" the guard now shouts, suddenly happy to let his presence as a member of the Law be known.

"Well, let me explain. I am Vincent the Spice Merchant, on my way from Bruma. And a-hah ha-ha laugh.gif one of my best ... uhhh ... spice contacts happens to be in one of your cells. Imagine that? He's an Argonian I know. Happens to be really good at fishing up some slaughterfish scales, and you'd be surprised what these are used when making spices! Why, some of your favorite meals might be enhanced by the lowly slaughterfish. Disgusting creatures...but I hear their meat is rather tasty."

"Yeah, we got him here," the guard says reluctantly. "Argonians aren't allowed visitors though. Countess Alessia's orders. She has a thing about the lizard folk."

The guard then hands Kahreem a note, just in case somebody somehow happens to be listening.

"20 gold?" Kahreem scream-whispers. "Look, I may be wearing fancy clothes, but the spice market's down right now. If I was up in the Imperial City, I'd be able to make a pretty profit, but down here ... well ... 20 gold is a lot of ...uh... gold."

"You're a smart one then," the guard says, content to let this Redguard sweat a little. Then he adds: "I thought was going to have to arrest you for a minute."

"Well, let's talk about this."

And talk they did. For a few mintues, Kahreem impressed himself, putting on his best Redguard charm. He usually only used such courtly graces for members of the opposite sex (whom he found attractive) but after several minutes of complimenting, joking, and cajoling with the guard, he can see he's got him in his pocket, perhaps.

"That's pretty good!" the guard says at one point, his face beaming with happiness.

"Good enough to waive the 20 gold bribe? It is a bribe you know?"

But the guard will not have this. After the Redguard loses 20 more gold, the guard keeps his word. ... "Amusei, you say? I thought you wanted to see 'Amuday.' He's off-limits. Amusei though is just down the hall. Make it quick."

Kahreem does 'make it quick'. He makes it quick with a new shirt, new blacksmith's pants, and a few items of food, before finding the locked-up Argonian.


/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

2:50 pm

"Ahhh. The Thieves Guild's new favorite," greets Amusei. His voice is typically raspy, and smells of uncooked meat. "What do you waaaant?"

"You know what I want," Kahreem says, trying to sound like a tough guy. "I want that ring you stole. The one that belongs to Ahdarji. Shame on you for stealing from another member. The Shadow does not hide you, scum."

"Why should I tell you where it issss? Here I sit in Leyawin's dungeon while you are free. What will you do for Amusei if I tell you?"

For a moment, Kahreem is confused. He has forgotten about the beastfolk's habit of speaking of themselves in the third person. Then Kahreem sees Amusei looking towards his man-satchel, and (at first) he thinks the Argonian wants a bit of gold. Great. More gold. But then Amusei makes a small set of motions with his scaly hands, and Kahreem figures out what he wants.

"A lockpick you say? Well, I don't have a problem with that*. Have a it, dino-man."

"You'd do that for meee? Maybe you guild types aren't so bad after all. Okay. It's a deeeal. Give me a lockpick and I'll tell you about the ring."

Kahreem does so, but not without a small amount of reluctance. Down to just six now.

"Sun-lit freedom! Yessss, I stole that ring from Ahdarji," Amusei fesses up. "When I went to sell it, the fence told me I was too hot for him. He showed me an inscription on the inside. 'To Alessia.' That had to be the Countess of Leyawiin. The damn ring was stolen property!"

"Yeah, so what did you do?" Kahreem asks, purely curious, his previous 'tough guy' act now discarded.

"Well, I figured I would ransom it back to the Countess. Except she tricked meee! I was arrested for theft, and she kept her ring."

"Well of course she did, fool! What were you thinking? A lizard-man trying to be noble. Uhh, no offense."

"None taken. I owe you a debt of gratituuuude!"

"Well look. There's a guard stationed right up the hall there. I'd be careful if I were you. Good luck."

*

Stay tuned for next episode: Kahreem goes Castle-diving!

Posted by: mirocu Jul 14 2013, 11:11 AM

Short on Septims and lockpicks. Maybe this thief should seek another profession? laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jul 14 2013, 07:17 PM

laugh.gif Yeah I know! He's mostly short on brains, though.


Posted by: Pseron Wyrd Jul 14 2013, 10:45 PM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 14 2013, 11:17 AM) *

He's mostly short on brains, though.

Most men are. laugh.gif

Posted by: Grits Jul 14 2013, 10:46 PM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 13 2013, 04:22 PM) *


Kahreem does 'make it quick'. He makes it quick with a new shirt, new blacksmith's pants, and a few items of food, before finding the locked-up Argonian.

rollinglaugh.gif Too bad he didn't find some more lockpicks.

Posted by: mirocu Jul 15 2013, 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 14 2013, 11:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 14 2013, 11:17 AM) *

He's mostly short on brains, though.

Most men are. laugh.gif

Speak for yourself! tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jul 22 2013, 11:50 PM

Before I start today's story, I will talk about my weekend first, and a dream that I had towards the end of it. It's rather interesting.

We went away for the weekend, just me and my daughter. It was a fun weekend, but also a rather exhausting one, since we joined up with a group of others who were doing some hiking in the Shenandoahs. We all camped outside for a couple days, it was a blast. By the time I got back home yesterday, I made a quick dinner, popped my kid in the tub, and then crashed. :snoring: I was out like a light. Fortunately, my kid knows how to take a bath. laugh.gif She's at the age that she's practically mastered bathing, so good thing she didn't drown!

Maybe it's due to the fact that I had no gaming-time this weekend, but the very last dream I had this morning was about Lady Saga. I was with Acadian in my backyard, and somebody else from the forums was also present, but I forget who this was. It's not any of the regulars, though. I have no idea what Acadian looks like IRL, but in my dream he was a stout fellow with a large round beard, and not very much hair. Acadian did not do very much, he just kinda stood there in the backyard, admiring the scenery.

The dream was about Saga, like I said. I wasn't gaming with her in this dream, nor did she simply appear as a 3-dimensional character. I was sort of telepathically communicating with her while she was not actually in my presence, and we were planning stuff together. I knew Saga is about to meet Erthor, and she told me of the things she wanted to say when she meets up with him, so I'll try and remember some of what she told me.

Oh, one more thing: Saga could write scrolls, but she could not create spells, yet. It's a rather interesting notion that I'll perhaps put into my RPing with her somehow.


Morndas, Heartfire 17
3E433 4:08 pm


Days Passed: 22

Active Quests: 13
Quests Cmptd: 3

Skill Increases: 85
Novice Skills: 12
Apprentice Skills: 9
Journeyman Skills: 0
Expert Skills: 0
Master Skills: 0

Bounty: 0
Fame: 1
Infamy: 0

Ooooooo. Ooooo. O-whooaa Oooooo.

Danger is up ahead, but yet unseen. Lady Saga creeps along in the darkness of http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Bleak_Flats_Cave, carrying a simple iron bow, and 17 simple iron arrows. Hanging from a specialized loop in her belt is a steel mace, which she often needs for backup down here. Chainmail upon her head, matched leather on her upper-body and feet. Her fur gauntlets? They're already useless after facing three of this cave's homely 'residents'. She's several potions she made over the past few days, and dozens of poisons, but the poisons are useless as of right now.

"Damn zombies. Erthor is going to have a grand tasting of my wrath very soon. Very soon."

Lady Saga creeps along and says this quietly, so the shambling, one-armed mess up ahead cannot hear her. Had this 'mess' once been a proper citizen of Cyrodiil? Had he or she once been an adventurer in search of gold and treasure, only to be killed down here, and later brought back to un-life? ...None of this matters now, Saga thinks. It's very important to be able to make that first shot, so the enemy ahead stays un-alerted. These menaces have lots of strength, and if she can take a good chunk of it away with a stealthy shot, she's ahead of the game.

"But you know, I cannot completely place all of my blameings upon him, for returning to his former misdoings. I am also of some blame as well. Had I not strayed him from his most persistent of wishes, Erthor might have returned to Skingrad, and remained there, as well. Did he not make it very clear to me that he MUST get back to Skingrad soon, for he has had plenty of the wilds? Something of such. And 'twas never in my plannings to make good upon my promises. How very ostentatious of me."

It is one of Lady Saga's resolutions now that she's returned from Valenwood to Cyrodiil; to make amends. Right her former wrongs. Erthor is like a spoiled child, Saga thinks. A child with a very strong desire for adventure and trickery, but not very much skill to back any of this up. Perhaps he never had a mother to fuss over him, nor a big sister to teach him right from wrong. He cannot help but place himself into dangerous situations, and with very little forethought or planning.

"Well, let us set this to rights, then."

Saga crouches down as the sound of the zombie nears. She drinks a potion which helps her detect (un)life, and aims her bow at the purple essence she sees in the gloom, 20 feet ahead.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

4:47 pm

After a fight with one final zombie, Saga sees the den. Erthor's den. The place where he has made his home. She shakes her head in disgust. All he needs (apparently) is a tapestry upon a far wall, a mildewy old bedroll, a rotten chest to store his things, and he has made this wretched place livable.

She's pretty sure Erthor has returned, but Saga cautions herself anyways, sneaking up slowly. The vampire who had been rumored to once live here might still be here, after all. What was her name? Kate. That's it. EradiKate. Saga finally remembers. In the Year 434, it was rumored EradiKate had lived in Bleak Flats Cave, after Erthor vacated. Kate had also been rumored to be a member of the Dark Brotherhood, as well. She had used Bleak Flats as a home, the rumors said, so Akatosh help anybody who made the mistake of venturing down here alone.

As she creeps into the den itself, Saga's heart skips a beat as she sees a dark figure in a far corner. Then she calms herself. It's not a talented, dangerous, but also lonely vampire, it's a rather pugnacious wood elf, who can't seem to keep himself out of trouble.

"Erthor."

"What is it, Associate?"

Saga puts her bow away, and takes out her torch.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/4d78fdee-8101-443d-a924-bde7ab6cc102_zps85017dd1.jpg.html

"'What is it Associate?' Is that all you have in reply? Do not you have rememberance of who I am?"

"They're all gone?" Erthor says, hoping to change the subject and keep it changed. "I can leave the cave? Oh, thank you! I'm ever so grateful! ... You're heading back to Skingrad, aren't you? Could I.. maybe come with you? It'd be safer, I think. So, what do you say?"

Erthor has aged ever-so-slightly, just like me,
Saga thinks. It seems the wrinkles around his eyes have become more a tad more pronounced. On the other hand, he's apparently still the same man in many ways.

"You have nothing else to say? Nothing on the subject of traipsing off to Valenwood with me? You sly devil. You followed me, and then went off into the forest, while I kept my sleep! That I should be much more frank than I am now with you, is of urgency and appetency. But I will not waste my time. For we each write our own dramas as we thrive onwards. And that you have chosen to make one final erring, once again, by separating off into this .... this ... wretched place, and away from your guildmates, that is the real true shame. For you are not ready, Erthor.

"You may come with me," Saga continues. "And I will protect you. I will show you the ways of proper combat, in these wild lands of Cyrodiil. Of this, I make full promise."

"Oh thank you. You're just too kind!" Erthor gushes. "I can't wait to be back in Skingrad, safe and sound."

Lady Saga turns her head, rolls her eyes, and puts her face into her right palm.

"Yes, we will go to Skingrad soon," she answers, "but might I ask you to accompany along with me, once again, while I make travellings upon these very plains and forests? It will only take a few days."

Saga smirks at Erthor, already seeing the possibilities ahead.


Posted by: mirocu Jul 23 2013, 05:06 PM

Lol! Once again Saga does not just help him back to Skingrad, but instead drags him out into the wild! tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jul 23 2013, 06:15 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 23 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Lol! Once again Saga does not just help him back to Skingrad, but instead drags him out into the wild! tongue.gif


Yeah, isn't that funny? I did not mention this in the story, but I felt like Saga wants to keep Erthor around while she does the rest of the recommendations. biggrin.gif Hey, why not? It'll be fun.




Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 1 2013, 10:29 PM

Loredas, 8:16 am
Heartfire 29, 3E438


Lady Saga

Level: 2

Health: 73
Magicka: 100
Fatigue: 155

Days Passed: 34

Factions: Mage's Guild
Rank: Associate


"Will you please put that thing out? No need for such, now that we are up and above, once again." Lady Saga says, a tad impatiently. "See upon the grasses, there? I have a need to view upon these grasses mine and your shadows. And feast my eyes upon the ways our shadowings point. Your torch's light will make our goings contradictory, as I cannot tell which way to direct unless I have only the day's light to go by."

Erthor, the wayward Bosmer from Skingrad, disobeys his partner's request for a few moments, but then solemnly puts his torch away.* If she would just take me back to Skingrad, all could be easily and conveniently explained! he thinks, feeling irked. The zombies were merely an experiment gone awry! ... And could I have tried such an experiment in Skingrad? Absolutley not. I needed to try my hand in the safety of Bleak Flats. But once again, I have been recalcitrant, and once again, I have been caught for my errings. But what will the Guild think? If I could just speak to Adrienne, all could be explained!

The pair have just exited Black Rock Caverns, still dripping wet from the spray of the waterfall which hides Black Rock's entrance. Saga had felt this spray directly upon her skin, as she now wears a Huntsman-styled brassiere upon her chest; her former leather armor top had been torn and beaten apart in Black Rock, and was quickly discarded. Saga has been trying her hand at armor & weapon repair, but her abilities away from the forge have been spotty, so far.

"See? See the shadows, and how they point left? We are heading towards the north. Thank you, Erthor, for putting away your torch."

Erthor makes no reply.

Well, too bad for you, sullen one Saga thinks. 'Tis your fault you are in the position you are now: traveling with me all across Cyrodiil, instead of merely being escorted back to your home town. You were there, you had your chance to flee, and you did not take it. So now you are here. With me. Get used to this.

After their last adventuring in Black Rock, Saga has realized she needs Erthor. She needs his talents as a scamp-conjurer, especially. Over the years, her own talents in this particular area (Conjuration) have become especially weak. After her recent visit to the Chorrol Mage's Guild, Saga realized she's not even adept enough to conjure up a skeleton, anymore!** What would she have done in Black Rock when ganged upon by two, sometimes three bandits at a time?

She needs him. No question about that.

*

** sad.gif

////////////////////////////////////////////


9:09 am
So far, the morning is quiet, other than the twittering of many birds. The hill they climb is covered by green and gold-colored grasses, and is rather steep, but not once can she and her partner not find a firm foot-hold as they walk. It takes Aerin from Valenwood awhile to find the stairs they had previously been taking, before being 'distracted' by Black Rock's presence. But find them she does.

"So I .... we ... are being sent to find some sort of book. An ancient tome of some sort," Saga says. "Fingers of the Mountains, or some such. Well, to think and to wit--"
.... Saga stops and turns, leaving her previous sentence unfinished, not that her partner seems to mind. She gazes back upon Chorrol, as it peeks through the great canopy of trees below.* She makes sure to take several such pauses as the pair climbs slowly up the hillside.

1:09 pm
The sun eventually starts to show, but the sound of a storm is ever-present. Saga occasionally breaks into a run, trying to make it to this place known as Cloud Top before the sun goes down, and Erthor does not seem to mind. The only enemy encountered is a solitary wolf, which Erthor and his summoned scamp easily takes down.

2:53 pm
The trees switch from deciduous to pure conifers, and the worn path becomes even more worn, rocks of granite and shale occasionally showing through the tamped-down earth. It does not take long before Saga and Erthor find their way to Cloud Top, which is little more than an Imperial ruins.

"Found the place, by the looks of it."

At first, Saga seens nothing, and Erthor does not offer much help. But as she investigates futher, she finds the burned-out torso of a man on the ground. Somehow, the book has been placed inside of his body, and Saga grimaces as she pulls this book out. She expects the book shall also be charred, but it is in good condition, somehow.

"Fingers of the Mountain", she says, somewhat awed. She tries to read it, but the book seems magically-sealed. "What thinks you, Erthor? A book placed within a charred corpse?"

Erthor, as usual, says nothing, but thinks many things.

*

Posted by: Grits Aug 2 2013, 02:58 AM

Oh my, Erthor’s thoughts were funny. That attitude is so perfect for him.

Posted by: mirocu Aug 2 2013, 10:23 AM

If Erthor really didn´t like to be with Saga, he should have made a run for Skingrad when he could! laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 6 2013, 10:36 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 2 2013, 05:23 AM) *

If Erthor really didn´t like to be with Saga, he should have made a run for Skingrad when he could! laugh.gif


Exactly ... he would have had what? a quarter mile to go?

Well, I've just done some gaming with one of my favorite Redguards, and here is what happened.

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Days Passed: 66
Days Jailed: 16

Fame: 0
Infamy: 7


"I can eat for a daaay with a single coinnnn", Deeh the Scalawag informs the Redguard in royal clothing before him.

"Is that so?? Heh, this one time, I ate for three days with a single coin. It's hard using a coin for silverware, though. I much prefer a knife and fork nowadays".

"Uhh huh", the Argonian known as 'the Scalawag' answers, the joke going right over his scaly head.

"Well *ahem* listen. I'm in a bit of a bind, you see I've lost all my notes about a mysterious ring. Um. My name is Vincent. You may have heard of me; I've recently been assigned to fill the Count's coffers with a variety of spices. For I am a spice merchant. But I also am a curator. Yes in-deedy," Kahreem says with a wink. "And lately I've been sent to ascertain information about a ring. A ring belonging to the Countess, herself. Might you have anything of importance to add to my report?"

Kahreem suddenly realizes the irony; here he is now pretending to be somebody with a rather important job, yet he's trying to learn about his job through one of Leyawiin's poorest residents.

"Sooo Alessia Caro has recovered her ring. And now you want to know where she keeps it so you can steal it back...."

"Uh. Well damn," the Redguard answers. His cover's been blown. "You didn't get my joke about the coin, but you're not as dumb as you look. Yeah, I want to steal this ring back, so what?"

"MY pockets are a little light at the moment... if you know what I mean.."

"Yeah yeah, here you go. Have some coin, beggar." *clink* "You beggars are getting rich off of me, ya know. With all your information-gathering. How's a thief supposed to manage?"

"I don't know where she keeps tha ring, but I know who does!" Deeh answers. At first, Karheem doubts he'll get anything reasonable, but this dirty Argonian seems to know his town quite well. "Talk to Hildara Mothril, the Countess's hannndmaidennn. She eats dinner in the castle at the eighth bellll. You may have to sweet talk her, but she knows all about Alessia Caro's habits and scheduuuuules."

"Sweet talk?" Kahreem says, smiling. "You don't say..."

"You should know that there are other secrets in that castle," Deeh the Scalawag intones.

"Go on".

"I've heard of a hidden torture chamberrrr. they say that Count Marius torturesss Argonians in the depths of his castle. The servants whisssper that the Argonians are dragged into the basement, and are never seeeen againnnn. You should stay out of there, just in case."

"I will," Kahreem says, knowing he would not.


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


5:18 pm

"Hiii!"

....says a middle-aged woman dressed in brown clothing, while soothing music is piped in from a hidden magical device*. Kahreem finds her standing alone in the castle's dining room. Definitely not royalty, but Kahreem decides he needs to be on his best behavior, anyways. His plans in the near future are going to include one of his favorite activities in the world: breaking into an establishment which has more money than he could ever hope for. He needs as many 'allies' as possible, just in case things go as wrong as they did in Bravil.

"How fares thee, my fair-maiden? I am Vincent of Bruma. Curator, spice-merchant, and Captain of the Marie Elena," he says, lying once again, and how could this lowly servant ever prove him wrong?

"I am Janonia Aurunceia, chief maid-servant of Castle Leyawiin."

"Is that so? My what a pretty name, Karheem answers, unsure if he'll even be able to remember it in a few moments. "Janonia. And such beautiful eyes. Eyes the color of shellocks upon the damp dewside," he says with a dreamy smile. What's a shellock? Who in Oblivion knows? ... it's yet another term he's just made up out of nowhere. But it works.

"Go ahead, I'm listening," Janonia says, pleased to have somebody new actually notice her for a change.

After a few minutes of flirting, bantering, and eloquating, Kaheem feels he's buttered up this maid so good, she might taste like a biscuit.

"...and so in those days, when I sailed across the mighty seas, 'twas my aim to gallantly drift into a port where I could suddenly take life ... a little slower. And here I am, before the fawnted cupcake of a woman I see before me."

"Not bad! Not bad at-all!" Janonia fawns, ever so delighted with this odd but loquacious Redguard.

"Say, in my travels, I have been broadening my mind a bit, and have heard rumors about a missing ring, one which the Countess here so dreadfully lost, but it has been found again. AHEM Sorry. It's all those spices; they have a tendency to get up one's nose."

"Ha ha, good one!"

"Might you know anything about this ring? I would be so thrilled to document it in my upcoming book: 'Countess Caro of Leyawiin, in her Own Time'" Kahreem says, suddenly realizing what a horrible title for a book this would make. In her own time?!? What the fokke?

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me to talk about private family matters with a stranger," Janonia the maid says, suddenly going cold.

"A stranger? And here I am thinking you and I were getting close!"

"Not now, not later, not ever!"

"Fine, Breton trash," Kahreem mumbles. "Have it your way. We'll see how far YOU'VE become in life in five years, when I own my own shipyard...you'll come looking for me!" Kahreem finishes lamely. She'll come looking for me? What sort of an insult is that?

"Good day!" the maid says brightly, gladly going back to her job. She loves her job, and will not be tricked and swindeled by this strange man.

With no new information, Kahreem of Weet is stuck. He needs to wait until the 'eighth bell' to find his contact. "What the fokke is the eighth bell, anyways?"

He sits down at the table, and hopes the stupid Breton trash maid will leave the room, so he can at least get a bite of sirloin in his belly.

*


-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~


8:33 pm
The Weet Bandit assumes "eighth bell" means 8 pm, but as 8 pm comes and goes, he finds himself getting seriously bored.

"Hello", says Count Marius smugly, his duties for the day as a throne-warmer now done.

Kahreem finds himself really wanting to drink his Cheap Wine, and get solidly drunk, but to do so now would be Social Suicide, for he needs to find this lady who can help him. What was her name? Kahreem thinks. Hilda? Hulda? Something like that. Eventually the dining room fills with more residents: Countess Caro herself, a couple of guards, a cat-person, and a lizard-woman. Kahreem chats briefly with the two beastfolk present, but none of them have a name like "Hulda" or "Hilda".

"Fokke!"

He winds up standing awkwardly in a corner, not wanting to eat the stolen strawberries in his pocket for fear of being noticed. And he doesn't much feel like schmoozing up to the Count or Countess. Maybe it's better not to be so noticed, Kahreem suddenly realizes before taking a walk.

"It is pleasant, and a bit ... melancholy, to walk among the graves of Green Emperor Way, and contemplate the dead who preceded us..." the Count begins to ramble as Kahreem slips out the room and into the Castle's main area.

"Go on," a guard replies, completely bored.

"Good," Karheem whispers. "Stay bored, guard. Enough of this Hulda woman, I'm gonna find this ring myself... heh heh heh..." he says, stalking up a nearby set of stairs.

Well, this plan lasted less twenty minutes. Just moments after picking the door to the Lord's Manor, he had been noticed by a castle resident HYYY-YA!! who had slammed him with her fists, despite Karheem's protests of being lost. With nowhere else to go....

"Break the law on MY watch will ya?! I'll be confiscating your stolen goods OH and no goooold to pay your fine! It's off to the lockup, then."

"Whatever, sir. I'm not resisting arrest, so let us go to jail, then."

"Hope you rot, criminal scum!"

SHINK!

Posted by: mirocu Aug 7 2013, 09:51 AM

Yet again he sees the inside of a prison cell! rollinglaugh.gif


Well, second home is second home, after all biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 12 2013, 02:18 AM

Date & Time not recorded

"You're not supposed to be down here!*"

....the guard calls into Kahreem of Weet's cell. Kahreem was just about to fall asleep at this exact moment, but the sound of the door squeaking made him turn and face the cell's gated door. The jailor opens this gate, and then walked right into Kahreem's cell.

"I am not supposed to be down here? You mean I can go?"

At this, the guard seems to backpedal. Wait, is this the Redguard who was just caught sneaking into the castle? .. but he could never admit such a mistake. So instead, he changes the subject..."There's an orc named Mazoga up at the castle, claims she's a knight. Doesn't look like one to me, though."

Kahreem stands in his cell, totally confused. The door to his cell is now wide open, and he didn't open it himself. Should he just leave, then?

"Say, uh, you got your facts mixed-up or something", Kahreem attempts to correct. "I am the notorious man you caught in your castle. Yeah that's right, I'm a bad man! But while I got you down here, what know you about the ring? Countess Caro's ring?"

"I don't think it would be appropirate for me to talk about private family matters with a stranger."

"Well, get the fokke out of my jail cel, then. I only got a few more hours of sentence to serve".

"I have to get back to work now," the guard admits.

Kahreem smirks to himself as the guard leaves. Could I have just walked out? Nah...

*


OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo


Fredas, 12:26 am

"What's this about?" asks yet another guard as Kahreem is escorted back outside the castle.

"Hissssss!" says an Argonian.

Kahreem of Weet decides he hates Leyawiin. He hates it. His luck has been cantankerous, his ability to make any headway on his latest quest has been (so far) insipidly disasterous.

"I'm so sick of jail," he says to the night, finally dropping his 'spice merchant' act. "Shoulda just stayed a bandit on the plains. Mighta been dead by now, but hey, at least I was free."

The guard says nothing in reply, and the hissy Argonian walks away. At this moment, Kahreem realizes he's got nothing. All his nicer clothes (at the moment of arrest) were stolen. So he's wearing cheap jail clothes. He's got 20 gold and 5 lockpicks, and somehow has to try to break into the Countess's quarters (he assumes) to retrieve this stupid ring.

He has his final drink of Cheap Wine as he ponders what to do next.

2:01 am
After a visit to his hotel room, Kahreem is poorer than ever. But he has more appropriate clothes now to do his possible thieving; a dark green shirt matched with tan linens. He still wears his jail sandals, but only because (ironically) they make some of the best shoes for sneaking in. After stepping back inside the castle, he makes his way all the way back to the court, turns to his right, and finds the door leading into the basement.

2:14 am
Kahreem wanders around for a few, opens a few barrels and crates, and then suddenly sees a half-open barrel with some sort of knob sticking out of it.

"Hah! Looky here!"

He pulls the lever, which opens up a trap door. The hallway beyond is dark, and seems unoccupied, but the Weet Bandit takes no chances. He creeps through the doorway, and then uses a second lever on the other side to close it back up. A door left open such as this one could only invite trouble.

Posted by: Grits Aug 12 2013, 02:20 AM

Good grief, when Kahreem kicked the guard out of his jail cell I laughed myself silly. I was hoping you'd get him out to play this weekend! smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 12 2013, 04:47 AM

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 11 2013, 09:20 PM) *

Good grief, when Kahreem kicked the guard out of his jail cell I laughed myself silly. I was hoping you'd get him out to play this weekend! smile.gif


Ha ha thanks. The story is actually unfinished. We keep losing the Internet in our house, it's really gettin on my nerves! Kahreem got past the torture room, though, and is about to break into the Count's chambers, so that's where the story shall pick up next time I'm writing.


Posted by: mirocu Aug 12 2013, 11:35 AM

Glad to see he´s not giving up at least! laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 12 2013, 02:11 PM

Yeah, that knucklehead will never give up. Lol. Anyways, it's Monday morning, and it's overcast outside. I'm going to try to see if I can finish this chapter up properly.

Sun's Dusk 2, 3E433 6:20 am


Play time: 85:46:33

Days Passed: 68
Days Jailed: 17

The final door into the Count's chambers has the cheapest lock, Kahreem thinks as he picks it with one try. He is lucky. He's managed to make it this far with only 5 lockpicks. He found a sixth lockpick in a rotted old chest, and this is the only one he's broken so far.

"Funny how they use 1 and 2-tumblers to protect one of the most important people in Cyrodiil. Cheapskates," he whispers. Kahreem gazes into the room before him, which reeks of pleasant scents up top, and a lower, heavier sort of odor underneath. The odor of food which is spoiling, perhaps. He had found the Countess's "torture chamber" about an hour previously; the place was deserted, though.

"Well. Here goes nothing. Wish me luck."

But after picking this final door, he closes it, and then remains motionless for about an hour: Waiting for folks to wake up and get on with their daily duties in life. He listens carefully for shoes walking nearby, but there is (apparently) nobody here.

7:27 am

"The elves and the magic-users make do with all their fancy spells and incantations. I get by using my wits entirely."

He is so nervous, he can hear his heartbeat punctuating in his breath ... huh huh huh .... and this is when he finally decides to have a better look into the next room, as pleasant music is piped in from somewhere unseen.*

It's a medium-sized chamber, nicely decorated with well-polished furnishings and red-colored tapestry. There's a door on the far end, and a set of dark stairs to his left. The Redguard loooks carefully, and thinks he sees a man standing guard up those stairs.

"Dammit! Fokke! How'm I gonna be able to get by him?!"

Even if he sneaks into the room, he'll be way too broad and easy to notice. "Dammit."

10:25 am
He finally makes a move, after discerning that the guard has left. As he creeps into the chamber, he notices a second set of stairs on his right, and ducks up these after hearing the sound of a door opening somewhere far away. As he gets a better look, he sees there's now a door beside him.

"Ha! A one-tumbler! What the fokke is wrong with these people?"

The door leads into a hallway, though, and Kahreem can see at least three other doorways in the nearby vicinity. The Redguard is lucky nobody else is standing close by.

11:47 am

"Well what do you think, Hildara, about these shades?" Countess Caro asks in the privacy of her room.

"Did you hear something?" asks her personal servant.

After a false lead into a pair of rooms, which turn out to be a dead-end, Kahreem sneaks back into the initial chamber with the nice furniture, and has a closer peek up the stairs.

"Yes! The guard is gone! That's it buddy, you're too busy now, sucking up to Miss Caro or her decrepit husband ha ha ha"

The Weet Bandit chances up the stairs, grateful that the carpet which lies upon them only quiets his shuffly foot-falls more than usual. He reaches the door and picks its simpleton lock.

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE!"

He hasn't even got a chance before he is caught! ... by Countess Caro and her trusty 'handmaiden' Hildara.

"Whoops! Ahhh....gotta go!"

Kahreem is chased by the pair of ladies for what seems to be an hour or so. He makes his way back down the stairs, past a second secret door, and (finally) into the torture room. "Dammit!" He knows if he goes too far, there will only be guards at the other end. "Crappe!" So he comes up with a quick plan. After a moment when the ladies show up, he circles the torture-rack (if that's indeed what it is) and allows Hildara to place a single blow on him...

"arrrgh!" PLUNK!

...then Kahreem rushes back the way he came. Through the first door, and past the secret one. As he passes through, he quickly ignites his torch, finds the lever half-hidden in an open-topped barrel, and closes the door!

"A A HAA HA HA!!" he laughs maniacally! The ladies are trapped inside!

"We won't hesitate to KILL you!" Hildara screams.

"Ha! You'll have to catch me first!"

Already knowing time is going to be tight, he now runs back upstairs once more, and into the room which the ladies had been locked inside. He searches and loots frantically, but cannot find the ring! ... The room is well-stocked with strawberries and apples, though. After calming down and eating some of these, he realizes they're not coming for him. ** Kahreem is safe. He decides to wait it out.

"Perhaps the Countess sleeps here, and I can take that damn ring from her very pocket," he says aloud. Nobody is here, and chances he'll have the place to himself until at least bed-time.

*

**

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo


6:47 pm
Totally bored, Kahreem starts creeping around the room he is in, practicing his chosen profession while snacking on grapes and strawberries, when the door suddenly opens! .. At the exact moment, Kahreem had been standing in a darker area, so the guard who opens the door (in a frenzy) does not see the Weet Bandit.

"Phewww."



7:09 pm
The guard seems to calm down, yet cannot stop his prying. He checks the room twice more, but finds no sign of the Redguard scum who reportedly "accosted" his boss. When the door opens a third time, it's not the guard who enters, it's the Count himself. He walks right in, and stands just two yards from Kahreem! ... A guard accompanies the Count, and the two of them stand literally right in front of the tresspasser who's been hiding in their chambers for hours. Neither says anything, and after a few moments, both decide to leave.

11:28 pm
Kahreem is feeling sleepy, the joints in his legs getting creaky, when the door opens a fourth time. The guard does his usual step in/step out routine, leaving the Redguard wondering if anybody's ever going to fokkinge sleep in this fokkinge room. He doesn't have to wait much longer.

"The legions patrol the roads..." it's a woman's voice! "...and the Empire supports them in their task. I can't imagine we'll ever be at war with the provinces. Not in my lifetime."

Karheem breaks into a sweat, as the mundane conversation drolls on. He can hear these voices, but cannot see who speaks them.

"The Fighter's Guild is recruiting again. Not a bad way to makes some money, if you've got the stones for it," the woman informs.

I've heard others say the same," a male voice responds.
"What's the news from the other parts of Tamriel?"

"I understand daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent, in the Summerset Isles."

"It seems Summerset Isle has become a much more dangerous place!" the male responds.

"Indeed."

"Safe travels," the male says, even though the lady is simply about to "travel" to the nearest bed.

12:14 am
Kahreem assumes the lady is Countess Caro, and that she speaks to the guard posted outside her room, but as she walks in, Kahreem is dismayed to find there's another male with her: The Count of Leyawiin. Both of them walk in the room, and climb into bed.*

"Finally!"

Kahreem sneaks slowly towards the Countess as she sleeps.

*

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 23 2013, 12:59 AM

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0209_zpsba7ad46d.jpg.html

Turdas, 7:25 pm
Sun's Dusk 8, 3E433


Level: 4
Class: Ranger

Health: 105
Magicka: 120
Fatigue: 167

[Days Passed: 74
Fame: 5
Infamy: 0

"Erthor, try this. It it known as 'monkshood', and this is the pulp which resides within its bulbs. Monkshood is in season right now. Mmmm...."

Lady Saga then proceeds to take a raw mouthful of this horribly bitter herb right in front of him, scoffing it down with zest, making him want to vomit.

"I hope we'll get to --" Erthor starts, but does not finish his sentence.

Over many weeks and (now) months, he has asked, reasoned, and pleaded with his wood elf "rescuer" to take him back to his hometown, but she has ignored him at all counts. Rescuer is not the correct word, Erthor thinks, Captor is more like it. When will I get back to Skingrad? ... Oh Azura, WHEN?.

The pair had left Cheydinhal an hour ago, and now strides roughly south, although their exact direction tends to wander this way and that as they encounter various trees and boulders. Saga has decided to avoid the roads as they travel south to Leyawiin, now that she knows she can handle Cyrodiil's wilds. No bears, no trolls, not even a greater wolf has crossed their path since her return. Even if Erthor were not with her, her newfound ability to summon scamps has saved her many times, and she has often left him behind as they plundered various lairs.

"It has been ages since I last saw these parts," she says, referring to the Nibenay Basin forest in which they travel.

As they come to a steep hill, Saga spies a group of plant life on the slope.

"Columbine, St. John's, and nightshade, Erthor. The first two are edibles, but never partake of the third, yes? ... 'Tis as poisonous as a snake, and bitter as an orc's toe. Should ye find thyself deep in the forest, as of some day you might, know your herbs for survival, and never eat nightshade."

Erthor, the rogue mage of Skingrad, who has watched his partner eat pallid leaves, rotten-looking mushrooms, and dangerous-looking herbs over the past few weeks, doesn't really see what the difference is. It's all uncooked, untasty vegetation, to him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


4:48 am

"I am going to be trekking forwards. You stay here, Erthor."

"Okay! If you say so!"

Aerin, the Wood Elf from Valenwood hunches down, and casts her dual Detect Life spells, giving her a virtual window to see any enemies, up to 120 feet ahead. She feels a pang of something for leading Erthor on like this, taking him far away from his safe, cozy Mage's Guild family. On the other hand, the man has wanted adventure twice in hs life, and so now he's got it.

"Buggery twit"....

The name on the door of this cave they're now in is 'Vatacen'. Strange that is has an Ayleid's name, Saga thinks. But as she creeps down an underground slope, she soon finds out why it's got such a name.

"The Ayleids were here!"

It's an Ayleid ruin, which (oddly) does not have a typical white-stone Ayleid entrance. Saga wonders about this for a few seconds, but then catches sight of a purple mass in her vision. The mass is located somewhat to her left, and is low to the ground. Could be a rat, could be a sleeping Conjurer.

She nocks an unpoisoned arrow into her fine iron bow, and makes a direct shot...

"UGH!"

Not a rat. The figure now stands, and it's either a human or an elf.

"Am I supposed to be impressed?!"


Not a human or an elf! .....sounds like a female Argonian. Saga draws her bow for a second shot, and then summons an Oblivion scamp. The battle quickly catches fire between this scamp, and a ghost summoned by the Argonian, as Saga quickly sneaks off. But this lizard is tough. Before long, she runs up towards the wood elf's hiding place, and starts using her fists to make direct blows.

"AAAGH! OOF!"

Such a rarity this is! For somebody to survive one of Saga's sneak bow-attacks, and also a scamp! ... Saga does not panic, but she does fumble for her new Mace of Embers*, though.

"Fiddley!"

The lizard woman places two more blows as Saga turns to run back to where she started, and before she knows it she's got Erthor's assistance.

"NOWWW YOU WILL KNOOOW PAIN!" he bellows.

And before long, it's all over. The lizard falls to the ground, and Saga checks for a pulse.

"She is still with us, Erthor! She is still alive! Such temeritous fortune has she."

Within moments, the lizard rouses herself from the ground, as Saga now brandishes her mace.

"I don't have time for you" the lizard known as 'Skaleel' says to Saga, and calmly walks away.

*

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 24 2013, 11:53 PM

12:58 am, Sun's Dusk 3, 3E433


Location: Lord's Manor Private Quarters

Days Passed: 69
Level: 5


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0224_zps1266ccd7.jpg.html



Dextrous precision ... calm under pressure ... and being a "sneaky-looking sort". Everything in the Kahreem of Weet's career now leads up to this very point.

Gotta keep steady. One bad move and this is ALL over, Kahreem thinks wildly. Before him is his goal: Countess Alessia Caro, that famous rebel of a woman who did just what she wanted in life: got outside her town's walls to view Cyrodiil itself. She's enigmatic, she's charismatic, and Kahreem is about to pick her pocket.

The ring! Is it here?

He never did get to speaking to the woman he was supposed to contact beforehand: Caro's personal hand-maiden Hildara. An Argonian beggar suggested that Kahreem contact Hildara first, before doing anything else. But things had become a little ... complicated. Kahreem had not anticipated he would not be able to find this "Hildara", and also that he would be arrested. Again.

As he nears the Countess, Kahreem smiles. He cannot believe he's made it this far. It's taken hours ...HOURS of waiting until this moment. As he waited, he had become bored, and also hungry. Good thing the Count made sure to stock his room with plenty of strawberries; Kahreem had eaten them all. At some point hours ago, he had been nearly caught by the Count himself, along with one of his guards. That had been a hairy moment, but somehow they had not noticed the dark man hiding in their very chambers.

But look at me now! I've DONE it!

He's wearing a dark green shirt matched with light brown trousers made of linen. His shoes are the sandals typically issued in jail. His brow is shiny with sweat, as he prepares for the moment at hand. He crouches.... He reaches....

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


1:00 am

[GASP] "Why you dirty little thief! How DARE you touch the likes of me!"

"Many pardons me'lady!" Kahreem tries, using a funny accent. "Must've gotten lost on me way to the faire-stoning!" He says this while moving his hands in a dramatic way; as if he's on stage or something. Faire-stoning? What the fokke is a faire-stoning?

His accent and his elaborationary movements do nothing to calm her down, though. Kahreem had looked into a pocket woven into Alessia Caro's and found three keys, two apples, and a couple potion. One of the keys looked different from the others, and Kahreem had picked this key first. Alessia did not stir. So he got greedy. And tried to remove another key.

"It's all over, lawbreaker! Your spree is at an end! I'll take any stolen goods you have. The next move is yours -- Pay your fine, or I'll haaaaul you away!"

Kahreem had run head-first out of the Count's Manor with Missus Alessia in hot pursuit! Kahreem had expected he would be accused by a guard very soon, and so here is his chance to redeem himself.

"Uh-uh...No way. No way, guard, Kahreem says mildly, knowing all Oblivion is about to break loose. "You'll have to catch me and kill me if you want this key. I've come too far...."

"THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!"

LLike a flash, Karheem moves and is out of the room! .. 'Pay with his blood' is one thing he is NOT going to participate in. "HAAAA!" yells the guard as he swings his silver sword, barely catching Kahreem's trousers.

Karhrem rushes down the stairs! And makes several twists & corners until he's back at the door: the one he knows he can close shut with the pull of a lever...

"You should have PAID THE FINE!" the guard reminds the Redguard.

"Yeah, but I didn't, so I still have all my money!"

Karhreem reaches into the barrel as the guard swings again. He knows the secret door to the Countess's torture chamber is closed, so he makes sure to open it now. Then he runs back up the stairs, and into the Count's parlor area.

"hah! Urr-ee-urr-ee-urr!" the guard is FURIOUS. Angry that he's being embarassed. I must catch this scum! Getting desperate for results, Alessia herself joins the fray, swinging her bare fists at the Weet Bandit.

"Ha! You want THIS?" Karheem dangles the key before her. "I'm going to get that ring, honey!"

As he says this, he realizes that the Count is nowhere to be seen. Is he actually sleeping through all of this?
...before anybody knows it, Karheem dodges past the guard and the Countess, and is back down the stairs in a flash! ... after fumbling with his torch in pure darkness, he finds the secret door: it's open! He dashes through

"YOU'LL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!"

...and finds the lever on the other side.

"Who the fokke?"

Kahreem is greeted on the other side by a lady with strong shoulders and black hair.

"Hildara?"*

She does not answer, but instead boxes him a couple times with her fists.

"ARRGH!" Kahreem finds the lever, but it takes him a couple times to pull on it "STOP IT!" because she keeps hitting him. But he does so.

"HAH!"

He now lunges past this crazy hand-maiden, and runs down a hallway. Karheem knows he can call upon his Redguard ancestry if he really needs to move even faster, but for now he runs at a regular man's pace. Finds a door, and steps right on through.

"It's just you and me now, Hildara," he calls as he hears her following.

*


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


1:58 am

"ARRGH! ... Is that the best you can doooo?"

Karheem spnds a moment dancing with Hildara in the torture room, running in circles with blood on the floor. His plans aren't to fight her, but to confuse her, by somehow backing her into a corner, and then getting an advantage in speed out of this room. But then, a problem....

"To ARMS! To ARRRMS!"

...the guard apparently had made it past the secret door, and he now brandishes his silver bow. Kahreem must now dash away!

pllllchth ... thwew! ... "HUUUGH!"

Karheem laughs wildly as he runs down a dark, stone hallway! Apparently, he has just heard the guard shooting Hildara instead of him! AAAH-HA HA HA HA. Within moments, the twisting hallway ends! He comes to a door and panics! Runs in a circle! Until he remembers the LEVER. Another secret door! Kahreem pulls the lever as (again) Hildara gets a few lucky blows on the Redguard.

"Hey, come on now! Fokke!" and once again, Karheem does it. Opens the secret door, rushes through, finds the barrel with the other lever located within, and pulls this too. Hildara gets him a few more times, but Kahreem is safe! "HAHAHA!!!" .. Hildara has made it through, but the guard is now trapped!

"I'm just warming up, YOU PATHETIC WORM!" the guard is now pissed to find himself locked behind some sort of door.

"I may be pathetic, but you're the one locked behind that door!"

"URRRRRRR!" Hildara growls primordially, attempting another swing.

Kahreem laughs at her, then finds his way back out of the castle's basement.


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


3:10 am
It seems as though many hours have passed, but it's hard for him to tell; he feels rather drained after using his Reguard Adrenaline Rush as he ran from the law. All his energy's now spent. Kahreem finds himself behind the town of Leyawiin, crouched down in the grass next to a large stone wall. He senses that the guard who was chasing him must have become preoccupied with the mudcrab Karheem had passed, for this guard is nowhere to be seen.

"Ha! saved by a mud crab!"

By law, guards and Imperial road patrols had an obligation to kill as many of these menaces as possible, which means this anonymous guard, who had been pursuing a Redguard thief scum, the same scum (it was rumored) who had also been caught breaking into the castle up in Bravil, must now stop his pursuit in order to take down a mud crab. Karheem checks his pocket for the odd key he found in the Countess's possession as he eats a stolen apple. It's still in his pocket.

"This must be the answer!" Kahreem whispers as he hides in the grass.

He eats his apple to the core as he winds down from excitement.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Aug 29 2013, 12:01 AM

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/a6e36e94-d41c-4119-a02d-d024844f54b7_zpsb916c5fc.jpg.html


11:15 am Sun's Dusk 16, 3E433


Location: two hours south of Cheydinhal

Lush grasses, green and vibrant. Warm sun, but cool forests. Lady Saga walks catiously with Erthor along upon a steep hill. They are at the very top of this hill.

"Times like these, I do have remeberance of why I orbed full circle back from Vallenwood. Feel that breeze, Erthor. Take it upon your skin, and into your nostrils."

Occasional thatches of a plant Saga has not identified yet show up in their travels, these are often tinged pink, white and yellow. Grasses of some sort, but bushier than usual emerald varieties. She has not found a use for these grasses, but deer sure seem to love eating them. As they near the top of a hill, Aerin thinks she has spotted a very faint path, and begins to walk cautiously down hill again. A river lies ahead.



Saga has discarded her former iron helmet for the Cowl of the Druid, a hood which cost her nearly 7,000 gold. She has also dropped her iron gauntlets as well, and has not replaced them at all.

Lady Saga and Erthor find an empty boat dock. A much more obvious path leads from this dock upwards to what looks to be a cave. "Wenderbek Cave" she reads.

Imps? Marauders? Trolls? She does not fear whoever may be lurking inside.

Posted by: mirocu Aug 29 2013, 12:05 PM

You´ve been quite busy, Renee! I love reading about Kahreem´s thievery! tongue.gif And Saga doesn´t wear so much heavy armor anymore. Good for her smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Sep 2 2013, 05:39 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 29 2013, 07:05 AM) *

You´ve been quite busy, Renee! I love reading about Kahreem´s thievery! tongue.gif And Saga doesn´t wear so much heavy armor anymore. Good for her smile.gif


I kinda lost inspiration towards the end of Saga's story there, I don't know if you can tell. Happens sometimes. Kahreem's tale, on the other hand, keeps moving forward. It's easier for me to write about him since half the story is already written (TG).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Loredas 5:23 am Sun's Dusk 3, 3E433

Days Passed: 69

Bounty: 25
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Rain falls hard from a humdrum sky, as the Weet Bandit hides behind Leyawiin. They are looking for him. Searching for him. He's just managed to steal a small key from Countess Caro as she slept, but then he got greedy. Tried to steal even more from her person, and she caught him in the act. So now? ... He waits and lurks behind the town.

Eventually, he realizes: it's obvious nobody's coming for him, so he gets out of his hiding place and starts to walk around. But it's dark out here.

Kahreem finds a group of flowers floating in the water. He has no idea what the seeds from these flowers do, but he believes they can be used for potion-making, so he begins harvesting them from the plants themselves. He needs to wade into some water to do this, but this doesn't matter--he's already wet from all the rain.

"Heh. Look at this. Prob'ly make more money selling all these seeds than I will for finding that damn ring!"

He makes his way around the lower side of Leyawiin, now; as he creeps from the south-end to the west-end of town. The trees and grasses around him are a gloomy green, heavily slicked with rain. He has no idea if he'll be accepted back inot town or not.

"Lucky for, I got this tunic, though. Ha!"... Kahreem looks into his nightbag, and discovers he's got an extra shirt. "Yep. Now I put this on, and there you go. Quite a disguise!"

He sneaks slowly round a turn, as the morning's light starts to show. The dark night turns into a dark, rainy morning, as the Weet Bandit sees one of Leyawiin's stables in the distance.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><


9:26 am
There's an armored man with a long sword standing just outside of the gate. He does not look like a standard guard, but he's standing here, all the same. Kahreem braces himself for some sort of accusation or confrontation from this man, but none occurs. Minutes later is he is back in the town, walks calmly past a guard. Hmm, change of shirt must have worked he thinks.

"Fresh gaaame."

"Whot?"

"Did you hear I-tar has been at the Arena agaaain."*

"I think he's just playing around," a Breton lady answers the Argonian. "I don't think he means anything by it."

"Take care...."

"Bye!"

Kahreem sells his newly-gathered sacred lotus seeds (and a sole clouded funnel mushroom) at Gundala's shop, and makes his way back to the Three Sister's Lodge, where the fur dander is so heavy in the lobby, he winds up suffering a sneezing fit that lasts for almost an hour. After a good night's rest, the Weet Bandit feels he is ready to take on Castle Leyawiin for the third time.

*

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><


12:07 am

"Tidings citizen!" ... "Hello!" ... Kahreem runs by a group of guards, hoping none will recognize him, as he now pretends to be a mail-scout.

"No time for chatter! Gotta get these gifts delivered to the Count!"

The ploy seems to work. Nobody stops the man who broke into the Castle's secret torture room, and also the Lord's Manor itself! He figures somebody's got to notice him, but he passes by with barely a glance from the guards. Before long he is back where it all started, in Castle Leyawiin's basement. groping for a hidden lever in a barrel. He manages to find a pair of blacksmith's pants and some hide shoes, furthering his disguise ever so subtly. He also finds some much-needed food: a slab of beef in a barrel, an apple, and some leftover rice. After a quick meal, he says a quick prayer to whoever might be listening, and presses on.

8:30am
Kahreem hears footsteps walk outside the door he currently hides behind. They sound as if they're leaving the Lord's Manor. Good. Eventually he opens the door, and cautiously walks into the lobby where he had been formerly accused of larceny. Nobody seems to be around. Good. His confidence begins to rise.

But his good fortune does not last.

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE!" It's Countess Caro and her somewhat manly black-haired servant.

"Well neither are you! 'Tis going on 9 o'clock, aren't you supposed to be down in court or something?"

The ladies do not get his humor, though, and both of them bare their fists in anger. Kahreem initially turns the other way, as the ladies begin their pursuit, punching him occasionally. "OWW" "Ohh!!" ..."STOP IT you BULLIES!".. but he comes up with a plan, a way to (perhaps) turn this unfortunate situation. Instead of running back down the stairs, he decides to run back to the Count's bedroom, hoping to find a wooden jewelry box with a ring in it. And he does find one! Opens it with his key, and grabs the ring which is inside. He also grabs some sort of charter (perhaps), and a bit of gold.

"THIEF! THIEF!"

As he rushes out of the bedroom, poor Kahreem is accosted, once again.

"Weeellll now. Caught in the act, and no gold to pay your fine," says a guard, beaming with satisfaction. Didn't this Redguard just run past him a few hours before, claiming to be a mail-scout? "It's off to the lockup, then."

"So they say," Kahreem says casually. "But first, I have a few things to take care of, sir."

"Then PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!" shouts the guard.

Once again, Kahreem finds himself being chased not just by multiple guards, but an upper-class woman and her hand-servant as well. He casts his Redguard Adrenaline Rush as he makes his way out of the Castle, and towards city gates.

"I got you! By jolly I've got you! Stupid ring!" he says, as the small militia of guards outside prepare their silver bows.

Note:

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Sep 8 2013, 01:45 AM

Hello everyone, how's your Saturday going? :yawn: Now I shall share a tale of a character whom I rarely spend time with. You asked for him, now you got him. smile.gif

He is derived from an idea I thought of awhile ago, but have only implemented this year. For a fuller description on the background of this character, click the Spoiler tag below.


Loredas, 3:11 am
Heartfire 1, 3E433


Race: Argonian
B. sign: The Lover
Class: Scoundrel
Level: 2

Days Passed: 6
Bounty: 96

Active Quests: 9
Quests Cmpd: 1

Days Jailed: 0
Items Stolen: 8
Assaults: 1



"You're off-duty now."

"It's about time!"

Dawn breaks through the previously-rainy morning. Angular shafts of light shine clearly upon still-wet cobblestones. A note of calm and one-ness descends.

"Please sir, I've got noting to eat."

"Don't be the last to read todaaay's ... Black Horse Courier!"

The Imperial City's Market District returns to life slowly, as the morning's warmth spreads with grace.

"Do you know Maro Rufus? He specializes in Light Armor down at The Best Defense."

"I haven't spent time there, but if you're looking for light armor, The Best Defense is the place to go."


Compliance. Acquiescence. Calm interludes of conversation, which twist in a delicate manner through the avenues and alleyways. Greetings and salutations. Discourses and random perturbances.

"Oh, hullo."

"You have my ear, citizen.


The Imperial City wallows in its finest days, and dozes in its finest hours.

"Have you ever been to Edgar's Discount Spells?"

"Dissscount ssspellsss? I'd just as soon buy a slightly ussed sssshiiield".


A wilted glance. A sunny smile. A pocketful of gold. A look beguiled. These are the days when all is at its finest, the rich and the poor, nothing could be easier. Or finer.

"Naspia Cosma is really skilled with her blade. It's a shame she doesn't compete in the Arena."

"I understand her parents are against her competing. Quite a shame."


... But beneath this pleasant facade lurks a menace. A terror like none other. ....


"What. Is it?"

A pointed snout which drifts through darkness. Bird-like toes which tract and grasp. His eyesight an onus, but his hearing and nose acute. The Terror from the Imperial Sewers creeps from dark chambers and through narrow passages. Down culverts and up ladders.

"Ich habe hunger nach fleisch!! Gib mir essen, gib mir schatz!!"

His words a guttural set of growls. He climbs and clambers, and finally reaches fresh air.

"Mawning!"

"What's new with you?"

What's new with you? ... Soon, the citizens of the Imperial City would have plenty of answers for this.

~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___


http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/xenaclone/Image0199_zps610b36d3.jpg

"Do you want to learn about Alteration? Speak with Dovyn Aren."

"He still teaches, but he lost his passion for it after the levitation Act was passed. Can't say I blame him."

Mandil and Simplicia share a contentious conversation. Rich and poor, now equals.

A shadow of scaly skin passes by, causing the conversants to consciously crinkle.


"It seems Summerset Isle has become a much more dangerous place...."

"Be seeing you".

"Hier finden sie?" Was sie tun konnen?" the shadowy scale grumbles aloud. Unconcerned and grateful, the Terror slips from shop to shop, viewing and scenting each door as he passes. Cold stone. Sturdy oak doors. Finally he raises his snout sharply. He selects a door. Grasps its knob. And into a shop he creeps.


~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~


3:12 PM

"Edgar Vautrine. You don't want the very best. You want cheap. And I got cheap."

The Sewer Lizard kinks his head in bird-like fashion, not knowing the pale-skinned man's words.

"You want to buy or sell, the City is great. You want free? Go down in the holes, kill some monsters. Sell your loot back in the city!" Edgar advises.

The Terror skulks from one end of the shop to the next, careful to avoid touching anything. He knows what happens ... if he touches.

"If you have any questions about the merchandise, you have but to ask," Edgar tries, a tinge of nervousness traces through his Bretonic voice.

Edgar knows. This is the one. The one who was spotted, stealing potions from Claudette's shop. The Argonian who did not beckon or speak, but merely walked in. Selected and chose. And walked out. Claudette must have lost hundreds! Edgar thinks wildly. Hundreds of gold, from this brazen thief!

He begins to sweat, and thinks he should call for the guard. But it's all for naught. The Sewer Lizard merely glances this way and that. Seems to decide there's nothing worth taking, and leaves Edgar's Discout Spells.

"Be seeing you!" Edgar calls, trying to insert a note of cheer into his voice.

~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___~___


9:08 PM

"Put on the Feed Feed Bag! I'm Delos Fandas. We got food and drink, and lots of it!"

"Ich habe hunnnger nach dem essen." growls the creature.

Abwasserkanal Eidesche, also known as the Terror from the Imperial Sewers, has been here before. Not in The Feed Bag, but in this situation. Food all around him. On tables, counters, and shelves. Food which could last many weeks, perhaps even months. Real food, clean and free of vermin. .... But a guard protects this food. A man (a dark elf) stands guard. What to do about this unfortunation?

Abwasserkanal, in the past, has been dealt some rather unexpected blows, after getting hungry and simply trying to eat. Without any comprehension for the concept of payment, he has (in the past) merely grabbed and gulped. And not paid. The people do not like it that he takes their food. Their potions and poisons. They chased and tried to catch him, as he fled down the Sewers. But escape? He did.

In his meager reptillian brain, Abwasserkanal sees what must be done now to avoid all of this. He reaches on his back, and selects the weapon which hangs there. Feels its weight in his grasp. And swings. HARD.

"I'm through talking to --ARRGH!!--"

The giant hammer smashes into Delos's shoulder, but the Dunmer only flinches..while selecting his own weapon.

"Agggh!" .. "Hi-yaah!" .. smuck! plink! .....the fight is on.

"Huuughhaa!" plink plunk!! "OOhh!" ...bottles and silverware smashes upon the floor, wine and food splashes! as the Lizard dances around! Jumping from table to table! .."By the ARRGH!!" The Dark Elf is wounded... seriously wounded. It looks as if the fight might tip in the Lizard's favor, as Delos' health starts to wane. With the Dark Elf dead, the Sewer Lizard could eat all he wants. He knows this.

"STOP! You violated the law!" says a metal-wearing man, so similar in appearance to the last metal-wearing man the lizard encountered. "Since you lack the funds to pay the court, you must serve out your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit!" ...

Metal-man breaks the melee, causing some grief to Abwasserkanal the Lizard. Although his emotions are primitive, he looks at all the uneaten food on the tables, knowing he'll need to wait another time.

"THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!!!!" shouts the man in the tin suit.

The Sewer Lizards balks none, and flees through the door, unable to "put on The Feed Bag" this time.

Posted by: mirocu Sep 23 2013, 02:46 PM

I just love how you write Kahreem´s story, Renee! Including the dialogue from the NPCs and whatnot adds so much to the story´s (gasp!) immersion! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Sep 29 2013, 02:15 PM

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Days Passed: 70
Bounty: 90

Fame: 0
Infamy: 7
Days Jailed: 17
Items Stolen: 558

Sundas 3:01 pm, Sun's Dusk 4, 3E433


"STOP! THIEF!"

You're not supposed to be in here!"

"Am I supposed to be impressed?"

Kahreem of Weet awakes slowly from a dream, where voices echo in his head.

"Ahhh fokke!"

He knows where he is, and it's not paradise. Halfway-hidden in a rush of tall grasses, he had collapsed with earlier exhaustion, his daily Redguard's Adrenaline Rush sapping all his previous strength.

"Damn soldiers and their damn silver arrows".

The full story comes back to him now. He had managed to break into the Count's Manor once again, but had quickly been caught, once again. He had evaded multiple guards shooting silver arrows as he fled Leyawiin, and wound up in this marshy area, safe from their pursuit. And here on this hillock he had collapsed.

When he had begun his sleep, the morning was sunny and warm, but he now awakes to a cool and dreary fog. As a nearby mudcrab suddenly notices him, and decides Kahreeem might make a better meal than whatever detritus the mudcrab had previously been scavenging upon, Kahreem gets up fully from his hiding place, and trudges back to Leyawiin, armed with yet another plan of action.

//////////////////////////////////////////////


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0245_zps42307578.jpg.html

4:04 PM

"Who will help a poor old beggar?"

He's tried playing the part of a knowledgeable travelling 'spice merchant'. He's tried pretending to be a 'mail scout'. Now Kahreem decides he'd like to attempt Leyawiin with a different approach.

"'Scuse me sir I gots nothing to eat!"

Half-covered in grass-seed and burdocks, and wearing peasant's clothes, Kahreem not only looks the part, he also feels it. He is poor, after all. He is also feeling a bit disheveled and rundown. His spirits are low. And he needs help.

"Spare me some coin, oh pompous traveler?"

Once again, Kahreem had assumed he'd be approached and questioned by a guard upon re-entry into Leyawiin, but nothing of this sort occurs.... "I must have the best luck", he says as he makes his way towards the Five Claws, where he rents a room. The Five Claws is for poor people, after all. To further his new disguise as a beggar, it's best to live like one, as well. He can't afford the Three Sisters Inn* right now, and with just 4 lockpicks in his pocket, attempting to pick the lock to his room (and breaking even just one) would not be good.

Kahreem sleeps many hours after eating a single pear.

*

7:02 AM

"What's your story?"

Once again, Kahreem encounters a stranger in his room. This time, it's a Nord. He feels his pockets, making sure everything is there, and it is. The Nord calmly munches a piece of bread, unaware that the Redguard who's just awoken from the bed is rather agitated.

"I'm Eitar," he says, reeking of one of Kahreem's favorite odors. Kahreem looks to the table Eitar sits at, and yes, there is a bottle of Cheap Wine there. "Saaay, did you hear what that Argonian said? What's-his-name? You know who I'm talking about?"

"I do not," Kahreem says with a smirk. He really wants that wine. Just a sip'll do.

"He said any Argonian can kick any Khajiit's butt to breakfast any day of the week," Eitar continues. "You believe that? I think he's wrong."

Kahreem is so surprised by the Nord's statement, he bursts out laughing, and it feels good to laugh. Kahreem feels suddenly happy to have Eitar the Nord in his presence.

"I think he's wrong. I KNOW Khajiit can kick Argonian butt. Any time! Any where! And you can tell everyone I said so."

Feeling as if he's made a friend, Kahreem of Weet spends the rest of the morning with this 'Eitar', learning a few things about Leyawiin as they drink, and (of course) while sharing some Cheap Wine. One of the things Kahreem learns from the Nord is that Countess Caro's maid-servant has been known to be easily flattered from time to time.

"Heh! All it takes is a few pretty words and a few come-ons, and she's like putty in your hands! Every Nord in Leyawiin knows this!"

As the drinks pour, and the conversation rambles, Kahreem somehow manages to remember this one statement before passing out in a drunken stupor.

//////////////////////////////////////////////


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/37d5f235-5dad-45a4-a3c1-27b9695a3fdd_zpsfeecdc00.jpg.html

Tirdas, 11:30 AM, Sun's Dusk 5

"Oh my! Are you an adventurer?" ...says Hlidara Mothril, as a nearby Argonian hisses.

"No m'lady. My name's Eitar. I'm the new blacksmith here in Leyawiin Castle".

Kahreem spent all morning just outside of town gathering more ingredients for sale. During his walk, he managed to find a nearby cabin. Unfortunately, this cabin was inhabited by a couple of mean-looking fighters, and Kahreem is glad he had managed to sneak out of the place, since he was only armed with a rusty old daggar at the time. Outside of this cabin were several crates & barrels, and in one of these, he managed to find a blacksmith's outfit. So now graces the court with his presence, trying on yet another approach, with a new profession.

"Gotta locate m' spurs and hammers, and I'm afraid I'm a bit lost! Leyawiin's a big place!"

"I am Hlidara Mothril. Lady Leyawiin's chaplain and chief advisor," the elf says calmly, completely unaware of whom she is speaking to. "I assist Her Ladyship so that her enlightened policies might achieve the greatest possible influence upon the affairs of County Leyawiin."

"So I've heard. I've heard you assist her with other things as well, like smashing Redgaurd ruffians with your fists," Kahreem mutters, and immediately wishes he hadn't. But it doesn't matter.

"Nothing I would tell you. Get lost!" Hldara says, scrunching up her face in anger.

"My apologies m'lady, for I am Redgaurd, but my profession is a legal one. Might ye offer me some humble assistance, so that I can begin my day's work? The ingots won't smith themselves, now will they?"

"This better be good."

For the next hour or so, Kahreem butters up Caro's hand-maiden and serveant with his words. ..."Such adventures, how I envy you!".... In full view of the rest of the Court, he also managed to charm them as well, telling of tales of blacksmithing he's heard from a variety of smiths and stable-hands over the years. ...."I salute you! Most impressive!".... After some time, he's noticing Hldara has completely cheered up towards him, her previous scowling nowhere to be seen. "...yah! I get it!...." So again, he tries...

..."you know, we blacksmiths talk, and I have heard this castle's got a dungeon that would outmatch any other, including a torture room! ... I have only heard such rumors, of course. But as a smith, I'd be ever-so-delighted to see the iron-workings in such a place."

"Shhh! It's dangerous to be heard talking about that," cautions Hlidara the hand-maiden. "The Countess has a secret passage somewhere in the basement that leads to her private quarters. That's where the torture chamber is. Sometimes I can hear the screams of the prisoners when I'm in my chambers." she says, her voice quivering.

"You don't say!" Kahreem says, feigning shock. "Well ya know, maybe I'll steer clear of that place. But there's something else I'd like to ask you about?"

"Say what you're going to say."

"Rumor has it there's a ring which belongs to the Lady, a ring of metal so fine, it's all-the-rage amongst us blacksmiths. Mind if I inquire of such a ring, then I'll be out of your hair, m'lady."

"Countess Caro is so relieved to have the ring back! It's been missing for many years. She wears it constantly. Well, not al the time, I mean, she puts it in her jewelry box for baths and at night. No proper lady would wear her jewelry to bed."

"And on that note, I feel I've wasted enough of your time, m'lady. I beg of thee good tidings, and shall take my leave to forge some steel."

"I think I hear milady calling!" Hlidara says with forced glee, as the Weet Bandit plans his next move.




Posted by: mirocu Sep 29 2013, 03:16 PM

Interesting that Kahreem does the role of a beggar this time, considering he almost is one anyway! laugh.gif

That Nord is quite fun, I actually took a few pixies when he had that conversation with Lothran.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Sep 29 2013, 03:19 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 29 2013, 10:16 AM) *

Interesting that Kahreem does the role of a beggar this time, considering he almost is one anyway! laugh.gif

That Nord is quite fun, I actually took a few pixies when he had that conversation with Lothran.


Heya Talking Crow. Yeah, Eitar cracks me up! This is going to be a fun tale. I'm still gaming/playing so I think I've got an hour or two left in me before I get breakfast


Posted by: Callidus Thorn Oct 4 2013, 12:22 AM

Well, Arravyne's arrived in Cyrodiil, and so let the spoilers begin!

The First Step.

Anvil, Docks

There was still fog in the air, though it made little headway inland, instead clinging to the waves. The early morning sunlight wasn't yet warm enough to burn the fog away, but it had some warmth to it, and http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_222005_zpsa1b27565.jpg was glad of it, the sea breeze might be refreshing, even after being on a ship for days, but it did carry a chill. The docks were relatively quiet, the bustle of the day not having started yet, and Arravyne savourd the quiet as he walked towards the gate to the rest of Anvil. After days surrounded by the chanting and cursing of sailors, and the continual sounds of the ship underway, he longed for a little peace and quiet.


The first thing Arravyne did after leaving the docks was to find a guardsman, and ask about the mages guild. The guardsman was clearly used to such questions, and gave him directions in the weary tone of one who has repeated them far too often. And sure enough, http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_222617_zpsb3346daa.jpg. Immediately upon entering he was met with the sight of an Altmer woman behind a sizable desk, and so asked about joining the guild. As it turned out, her name was Carahil, and she was the head of the Anvil branch of the Mages guild. Arravyne had to answer abrief questionnaire about his magical background, but was accepted into the guild immediately afterwards. And after Carahil told him what was required to gain access to the Arcane University, she wasted no time in setting him a task to earn her recommendation.

The task was simple; go to the Brina Cross Inn, posing as a merchant, in order to lure a rogue mage who's been attacking traders into the open, where a pair of guild battlemages will deal with her. Dangerous, but not if done right, and Arravyne had done something similar in the past. Arravyne spent some time practising alchemy, since he'd have to stay the night at the inn and it wasn't even afternoon yet. He'd researched Cyrodiil before leaving Vvardenfell, and wanted to make sure he'd gotten the basics right. About midafternoon he set out on foot for the inn, but didn't get far. Before he'd covered a third of the distance he came across a magnificent black steed being attacked by a wolf. He'd heard of these Black Horse Couriers, and assumed the rider had fled from the wolf, so started hurling flares at it, but the wolf would not be dissuaded from it's target until Arravyne burned it to the ground. Then Arravyne caught sight of a motionless figure on the ground ahead, the body of the Courier. He rummaged through her saddlebags, looking for something to identify her, but found nothing but copies of the news she delivered. So he helped himself to one of each of the six different papers she carried and decided to take the horse with him. Riding swifter than he thought possible, but the horse was well trained, and did most of the work in keeping from falling. So http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_224737_zps291e365c.jpg safely, if a bit shaken.

Inside the Inn Arravyne met one of the battlemages, a Breton woman called Arielle Jurard, who was disguised as a traveller, and she told him to rent a room and head upstairs. Arravyne spoke to the innkeeper, but before he could head up was intercepted by an Altmer woman, clearly terrified at the prospect of leaving the inn with a killer picking off merchants. By the time he made it to his room Arielle was already waiting for him, and gave him the specifics of the plan, then told him to get some rest. Which Arravyne did, after a good meal, anyway. The next morning it was raining heavily, a problem because Arravyne only carried two hoods; one a mages hood, kind of a giveaway, and the other http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_225142_zps565b4ebe.jpg Fortunately the rain cleared up befoe long, and Arravyne strolled down the road to Kvatch, certain that he was watched by the battlemages, even if he couldn't see them.

He was surprised to see the Altmer woman from the previous night standing in the road, but the foul expression on her face told him what she was doing there before she threatened him. On cue the battlemages burst into view, hurling spells at the Altmer, but she managed to avoid the worst of them. Arravyne cast a shield spell to protect himself from her bound axe, and waded in to get her attention. She focused on him for just a moment too long as her spell was absorbed by his Atronach gift, leaving her vulnerable to a lightning hurled by one of the battleages, Arravyne didn't know which. Not that it mattered, http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_225436_zps32f39cf3.jpg Arravyne checked her for valuables, finding a trio of strong healing potions and a pair of strong magickal restoratives, the battlemages told him to keep them, since they didn't need them. With his part done Arravyne returned to the Inn, collected his adopted horse, and rode like the wind to Anvil, where he reported his success to Carahil, http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/Arravyne/IMG_20131003_225955_zpsbdda4320.jpg. Having secured his recommendation and bought a few new spells, Arravyne rode back to the Brina Cross Inn, where the owner was so pleased to hear of the rogue mage's death he let Arravyne stay the night for free.


Went a bit mad with the pictures with this one, not really sure why. They're not as good as I'd like, since I'm taking a picture of my TV with the camera on my phone, but that's the best us consolites can do. The updates not as good as I'd like either, but I'll tey and make the next one better.

Posted by: Lopov Oct 4 2013, 11:19 AM

Nice to read about Arravyne, looks like I'll be frequenting Chorrol more because I want to read about him.

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Oct 4 2013, 01:22 AM) *

They're not as good as I'd like, since I'm taking a picture of my TV with the camera on my phone, but that's the best us consolites can do. The updates not as good as I'd like either, but I'll tey and make the next one better.


Disagree & disagree, pics are ok, I think nobody excepts to see ultra-super shots from a console, and the update is a nice recollection of events.

Maybe I'll also write about Raven here on occasion, although I'd first need to introduce him somewhere, since he's been around for some time. I'll have to check for 'Show us your characters' thread if there's any.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 4 2013, 08:38 PM

Hey! The pics are great, no worries, CT. I like cell phone pics. They are a PITA to deal with (getting them from camera to email to here) but they offer something PC screenshots cannot--they don't look as 'sterile'. Cell pics are often slightly blurry. Or a bit more contrast-y than a PC shot, and for this reason they have a look that entices me. I don't even know what I'm trying to say; it's hard to explain what I mean.

I mean don't get me wrong, I've seen some bad cell pics, too, but the ones you posted are fine. They are sharp and have some dark/contrast areas that are eye-catching.

Posted by: Callidus Thorn Oct 4 2013, 09:21 PM

Glad you guys like the pics smile.gif

@Renee: I get what you mean though about the difference between pics and screenshots. Unfortunately I can't think of a good way to describe it either kvleft.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 5 2013, 02:23 AM

Well, glad that's settled. On the subject of pics, I posted a bad one up above just now, in the latest Kahreem story. All the faces are washed out, see? I would usually discard such a pic, but it helps portray the flow of the story (plus it looks kinda funny, especially since I caught Hlidara's text as she was speaking) so I'll keep it up.

Posted by: Callidus Thorn Oct 6 2013, 12:00 AM

Well, there's not actually any spoilers in this update, but the long updates seem a little out of place in the "Today in Cyrodiil" thread, so I figure they're better off here. No pictures this time, but I'm happier with this update than the last.

Outside the Brina Cross Inn, The Gold Road, North of Anvil

The rain slashes down, a storm that has raged since the early hours of the morning. There is no thunder, but the hammering of rain on the window has awakened Arravyne, who dons his Mages robe and hood before venturing out into the storm. It's foul weather, but he needs to get to Kvatch, there's likely a branch of the Mages guild there. He spends a few moments gazing wistfully at the magnificent black steed across the yard, sheltered from the rain, and shakes his head sadly. Though Arravyne would love to take such a fine horse with him, everything from the saddlebags to the reins carries the mark of the Black Horse Courier, as does the horse itself. If he's seen riding it he would probably be arrested for theft, maybe even accused of killing it's late rider. Reluctantly he leaves the Inn, following the Gold Road towards the next city.


Arravyne looks around constantly as he walks, leaving the road to climb hills to gain a better view of his surroundings. He's looking for signs of Ayleid architecture, he's read about the Ayleid wells, and having expended the majority of his magickal energies the previous day feels their absence acutely, like a part of him is missing. He's also looking for wayshrines. Since the collapse of the Tribunal many have turned to the Nine, just as others have turned to the Daedra Lords. Arravyne worships neither, though acknowledge the existence of both groups. Fortunately both the Nine and the Daedra Lords consider this to be enough, so wayshrines will still grant him the blessings of the Nine, and the Daedar Lords will still offer tasks for certain favours. After a short while he finds what he seeks, and makes for it single mindedly. Just as he reaches it an arrow plunges into his arm.

He looks around for signs of his attacker, but his view is obscured by the thick plantlife around, and two more arrows narrowly miss him before he finds his assailant, a lightly armoured Bosmer with a bow. The Ayleid well forgotten for the moment, Arravyne calls forth a weak shield spell, before rushing at the archer, expending his remaining magicka on a trio of touch based spells that heal him even as they harm the foe. His enemy defeated and his wound healed, Arravyne takes a moment to memorise the sounds that emanate from the well, hoping it might help him find others in the future. He does not listen for long, feeling the near total absence of magicka weighing terribly upon him, and reaches into the sparkling blue mist, revelling in the feeling of the energies coursing through him once more. Gorged on magicka he makes his way back to the road, a little unsteady as he continues on his way. Before long he finds a wayshrine to Zenithar, and burns through his magicka practising a basic healing spell before asking Zenithar for his blessing, revitalizing him once more. He finds little to trouble him before reaching Kvatch, only a wolf that he dealt with by summoning a skeleton. At Kvatch, however, he found something that astonished him.

As he climbed the road to the city, an Altmer ran towards him, his clothes charred and his face twisted with terror. Something had attacked Kvatch, the Altmer claimed, daedra had flooded the city from portals and some monstrosity had led them.* Arravyne thought him crazed with terror, and dismissed his ramblings, only to hear similar tales from those people he found further up the road, living in tents, the sky above still lit by the glow of the burning city. He continued up the road as it wound towards the city, the sky grower darker as he climbed higher, the red glow strengthening to a crimson glare as he reaced the plateau on which the city was built. What he saw there beggared belief. Twisted stone that had no place being there stretched from the ground, wrought into ugly, impossible formations. Wooden barricades, their crudeness speaking of the haste with which they had been thrown together, and a handful of men clad in chainmail with white coats made grey by ash and soot. And behind them, and before the city gates, something which had no right existing at all. A gaping wound torn in the air, radiating fell power and vomiting daedra onto Nirn. The fighters rushed the scamps that were spat into existence, dispatching them with the weary ease of men who have far too much practice of late. As their apparent leader caught sight of Arravyne, he shouted at him to stay back, but Arravyne ignored him, moving for a closer look at the fiery portal.

He got too close to it, and was yanked off his feet as it dragged him in, hurling him into a dry, dead land, the air choked with soot and the stench of death, the sky lit by the same hellish glow he had thought to be from the burning city. Below he saw another figure in the livery of Kvatch, as he assumed it to be, and moved to help him, and to see a little more of this place. The guardsman dispatched a trio of scamps, aided by a skeleton Arravyne summoned, before fleeing back thorugh the gate. With is magickal energies once more depleted, Arravyne followed. He decided he could do nothing about the portal, not even understand it, but would inform the Mages guildhall in the next city, in the hope that someone from the Arcane University might be sent to deal with it. As he walked he was harvesting any plants he recognised, so far mostly aloe vera, but once he started seeing flax flowers growing along the road he collected seeds from every one he could find, along with peonies and nigtshade plants. Three times he had to fight off bandits, the worst of the fights forcing him to fight a pair of Khajiit with nothing but a club and a novices shield spell. He spent the night in a tent in one of their camps.

The next morning he continued on his way towards the next city, Skingrad he thought, but wasn't certain. Shortly after the city came into sight, or at least the towers of it did, a sight even more welcome greeted Arravyne, another Ayleid well. Arravyne rushed over to it, his hands trembling in anticipation of the return of magicka, and this time he didn't spend time listening to it, desperately plunging his hands into the mist, biting back a moan as the energy filled him once more. He made his way to the city in something of a daze, taking a few moments to collect himself before entering the city.


*I've often wondered about this, when Hirtel says "There was a huge creature... something out of a nightmare... came right over the walls... blasting fire." You can see in front of the city what looks to be the wreckage of a great gate, but the description given doesn't fit with the siege engine used to attack Bruma later in the MQ. So what was it that attacked Kvatch?

Posted by: Lopov Oct 6 2013, 10:51 PM

I like that Arravyne did enter the gate but then returned back, one doesn't read often about that so it feels refreshing.

I think that 'creature' was the siege crawler but Hirtel probably mistook it for another creature. Never trust a man with a voice like his.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 7 2013, 09:21 PM

Time: 8:50 pm Sun's Dusk 6, 3E433

Location: Castle Leyawiin Servants' Quarters

Days Passed: 72
Bounty: 90


"Hello".

"So tiresome".

It's early in the evening as Kahreem of Weet, now playing the role of Kahreem 'the Blacksmith', makes his way once again through the bowels of Castle Leyawiin. Out of all the castles he's been in so far, Leyawiin is certainly the most interesting. It is certainly a place full of surprises and secrets.

"You look lost"...says a guard.

Kahreem chooses not to make eye-contact as he replies "well, yes, I am lost. I'm the new blacksmith, come down from Bravil. Just getting a feel for this place; getting to know all the ins and outs. Pretty soon, I won't be lost anymore."

His new ploy involves playing the part of a blacksmith, as was just stated. "Hope you guys don't mind if I take a look at the irons on this chest," he says to the room full of guards he's now standing in. "I won't be in your way. As the new blacksmith, I'll just be making a note of any ill-fitting hinges, locks, and the such that I see. I'll make my repairs later."

The guards in the room say nothing in reply as they take their break, eating bread, grapes, and boar's meat. They have no idea that the Redguard in their room is the same Redguard who's wanted for breaking & entering into the Lord's Manor twice now.

"Hmm. A little rusty here. Guess we'll have to fix that!" Kahreem says, pretending to make a note on a piece of parchment.

After an hour (or so) of goofing around, the guards finally leave. Then, he finds what he is looking for: yet another change of clothes.


{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}


6:14 pm
He ditches his blacksmith's outfit for this new set of clothes mostly because he is not sure if blacksmiths are actually allowed in the castle's private areas. And also, if anybody figures out he's the same Reguard thief who's wanted by the law, he doesn't want to blow his blacksmith's disguise for any future encounters he might have with the town's law or royalty.

Once again, he spends hours cautiously making his way from the castle's basement & storage rooms to Caro's secret torture room. By now, the thief is absolutely confident, as he makes every twist and turn almost by rote. As he re-opens the secret door which leads directly to the Lord's Manor, he suddenly crouches down, as he hears Imperial voices coming from somewhere nearby. He peeks his head out of the opening the doorway now makes, and sees nobody. So he climbs several sets of stairs, keeping in mind that the voices he heard could be anywhere, but (again) he sees nobody. As he nears the Lord's lobby, (pleasant music flowing throughout), he ducks into the alcove which leads into this room, and quickly closes the door before him.

"Phew."

Now, he waits. He waits for the sound of anybody, or anything. It's important not to get caught off-guard this time, thinks the Redguard. Time is of the essence, but it's more important to actually get this job done, even if he needs to wait all day for Countess Caro to put her stupid ring back.

"Actually, that's a question. Will the ring actually be there if she's not at home? .. I think that's what Hlidara said; that she sometimes wears it on her person. Fokke!"

As he waits, the castle's music never ceases, making it hard for him to hear his surroundings, but there are times he hears a door open close by, or the sound of footsteps making their way back and forth. Sneaking the 50 (or so) feet from his hiding spot, through the lobby area, and into the Count's bedroom is the most difficult thing to do. Once he's actually in this room, however, he can apparently wait here as long as he pleases. As long as he stays silent and does not move, of course.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}


8:45 pm

"What do you think, Hlidara, the red dress or the blue one?"

"I'd go with blue", says the hand-maiden to her employer. And in all her years in the employ of Lady Caro, her answer has always been the same. "They bring your eyes to the fore with brilliance!"

"Excellent, and quite contentious, if I might say so. Once again, you have shown yourself to be an excellent maiden," Caro says, congratulating herself more than the high elf before her.

"Milady," says Hlidara carefully. "Might I broach the subject of that Redguard thief? The one who made his way into your 'secret' torture room, and up into this court, not once but twice now?"

"What of him, humble servant? I fear him not, as you have shown yourself to be quite excellent, as you pummel him with your fists."

"You aren't afraid he might break in here again?"

"Oh come now, Hildara, grow yourself a set, eh?" scoffs Alessia Caro impatiently. "If he makes his way in here again, he's through. Do you hear me? THROUGH!" she suddenly shouts, breaking her usually-polished countenance. "He's got a bounty which already matches no other, I am sure, and with this in mind, I'd gladly catch him myself. Just you wait and see! Why, I'll tie him up meself, tie him right up to my iron maiden! Listen to his cries of pain as I torture him gladly! Now, no more on the subject, eh? Let's try and have a decent evening, free of this talk of Redguards and rings!"

"Well okay", Hlidara Mothril says reluctantly, noticing that her Lady has been so agitated as of recent, she hasn't even left her quarters all day.

What she doesn't notice is the Redguard thief, the same one from before, as he sneaks his way slowly towards the Countess's bedroom, hears the conversation above, and re-hides back in the alcove until the royalty goes to bed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}


12:07 am
Finally, he does it. After a long time of waiting, nibbling on food which he's stolen from the basement, he makes the move which will further his career as a thief-of-employ.

As he opens the door to the lobby area, he hears footsteps. A guard walks right by Kahreem's hiding place! He walks towards Caro's bedroom, turns around, and then walks the opposite direction--down a set of stairs, through the lobby (passing the Thief for the second time) and then up a second set of stairs. After this, he is gone for a long set of seconds, so Kahreem makes a daring move; quickly sneaking up through the lobby area. As he sneaks, he makes sure to walk backwards this time, and it's a good thing, too. Within seconds, the guard is now pacing back into the lobby. Kahreem barely has a moment to glimpse the man, before he glides silently into Caro's bedroom, and closes the door.

"Fokke!"

Lady Caro is just getting in bed beside her husband, as Kahreem enters the room. He waits a moment, and (sure enough) hears the footsteps of the guard, who fails to notice that the door which he had walked by just a minute ago is now closed.

Kahreem sneaks through the bedroom slowly, and waits behind a desk until he hears the guard make his rounds past the room once again. He notices that the items which he had strewn across the floor on one of his previous visits (an hourglass, a ceramic plate, etc.) are now back in their place.

"Ha! Someday I gotta get me a place, just like this!" he whispers. "Lots of servants to wait at my very hand, foot, and word."

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/ceaa1d23-b8cd-4d3c-b581-638a8a195ef4_zpsf0ec77e6.jpg.html

Once he hears the guard walk past, the Weet Bandit makes the final stretch, and inserts the Countess's stolen jewelry box key into its home socket.


Posted by: Callidus Thorn Oct 7 2013, 09:38 PM

*Tinkers with posts*

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 6 2013, 10:51 PM) *

I think that 'creature' was the siege crawler but Hirtel probably mistook it for another creature. Never trust a man with a voice like his.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 7 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Hmm.. that's a head-scratcher, there. :0 It's cool you notice stuff like this. I think it could just be the surprise of it all--and the fact that it seems she hasn't got her facts entirely straight could be just that--she hasn't got her facts entirely straight. This is how rumors start, rumors which aren't true.


I don't know, I'm somewhat inclined to believe him. There's nothing at the city to suggest the use of a siege weapon, the walls and gate are still standing, as is the Chapel where Martin is. If they'd brought along that they could have leveled the whole city. I think the siege crawler was a one-off for Bruma, a full battle, rather than the massacre of Kvatch.

My theory is that it was actually Mehrunes Dagon. We only ever see one Great Gate, though it seems there was one at Kvatch as well, so I think that between the death of the Emperor and the Great Gate, he was able to break through briefly, only to find he couldn't kill Martin. This explains why he doesn't try to attack personally again and why Kvatch wasn't utterly annihilated as it should have been. The attack depended of Dagon tearing the place up, but he wasn't able to. Frankly since Dagon and Camoran's plan hinged on killing all of the Septim line, the fact that Kvatch wasn't reduced to a smouldering crater simply doesn't make sense, unless something went very wrong.

But all of this is just supposition.

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 7 2013, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Oct 5 2013, 07:00 PM) *

Well, there's not actually any spoilers in this update, but the long updates seem a little out of place in the "Today in Cyrodiil" thread, so I figure they're better off here.


That's one of the reasons I started this thread, actually. I'm in the habit of posting some massive text, which seemed out-of-place in the General thread. That thread has more of a 'where are you now?' sort of mentality, since most of the writers here have their own fanfics, they don't need to post a lot of text in that particular thread.

One of the advantages of posting here is it's quieter. I feel like we can therefore post with more detail about each other's stuff. Sometimes I hold back over at Beth's forums, mostly because I don't want to make other writers jealous.

I know what you mean. When there are half a dozen people who've posted it feels a little awkward only mentioning one or two updates. Though considering you seem to been the only one posting updates before I turned up, it's very nearly me crashing your thread here laugh.gif

QUOTE
Since the collapse of the Tribunal many have turned to the Nine, just as others have turned to the Daedra Lords. Arravyne worships neither, though acknowledge the existence of both groups


Lopov, what do you think? Seems like a Neutral character. Whether Arravyne is Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Neutral, I'm not sure yet. I am noticing that he acknowledges the beliefs of both 'good' and 'evil', while not subscribing to either.

I admit I haven't a clue as to his alignment, mostly because I've never thought about it. I don't think I will either, wouldn't want that lurking in my mind to trip Arravyne up at some point.

QUOTE
but once he started seeing flax flowers growing along the road he collected seeds from every one he could find,


Heh. I bet he did! This is a good way to get past the limitations of the Atronach, eh?

Yep, he spent half his time on the road munching on flax seeds biggrin.gif

I am so glad he Arravyne did not go into Kvatch. He's not ready for that.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 6 2013, 10:51 PM) *

I like that Arravyne did enter the gate but then returned back, one doesn't read often about that so it feels refreshing.


He would have investigated further, but coming from Anvil meant he didn't have a supply of self made restore magicka potions, and he ran out of magicka. Since he had no idea what was going on, he decided to play it safe, something fairly unusual for my characters.

Edit: Hmm, I seem to have quoted a post that doesn't exist. ???

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 7 2013, 11:01 PM

QUOTE
I know what you mean. When there are half a dozen people who've posted it feels a little awkward only mentioning one or two updates. Though considering you seem to been the only one posting updates before I turned up, it's very nearly me crashing your thread here


Not at all, CT, you're not crashing "my" thread, you're just the first one to also start posting stories here, and I'm glad to have you. Nobody owns this thread, it's open to all. But like I said, most everyone else here has their own fanfic pages, and I imagine most fanfics center on one character at a time. It wouldn't make sense for me to do this because I've got ... 4 characters mentioned so far in this thread. Imagine if each of these had his or her own fanfic? laugh.gif That ... could get ugly.

Enjoy the Kahreem story up above. It's finally done. smile.gif




Posted by: mirocu Oct 8 2013, 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 8 2013, 12:01 AM) *

Enjoy the Kahreem story up above.

I sure did smile.gif As always you did some great writing there, Renee!

Posted by: Grits Oct 8 2013, 05:30 PM

The pictures taken with a cell phone have the feeling of being very much right in the action, since there’s no freezing and posing on consoles. I still remember Lady Mara’s Nord (arghh, but his name escapes me!) grinning at Forrester during their midnight target practice session outside the Ill Omen.

I’m enjoying Arravyne’s adventures, Callidus.

The Weet Bandit has the key in the lock at last! Hlidara may not get to pummel him with her fists again!

In Grits news, I’ve made an NPC version of Jerric for Darnand to travel with. So far he looks good but needs an attitude adjustment. Darnand defeated Lorgren Benirus with no help from Jerric at all. That was NOT the plan!

Still, Benirus Manor. It was a good day. smile.gif


Posted by: Acadian Oct 8 2013, 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 8 2013, 09:30 AM) *
. . . In Grits news, I’ve made an NPC version of Jerric for Darnand to travel with. So far he looks good but needs an attitude adjustment. Darnand defeated Lorgren Benirus with no help from Jerric at all. That was NOT the plan!

Still, Benirus Manor. It was a good day. smile.gif


Poor Darnand! Hee! Perhaps the mage should have told his large Nordic (redundant) friend that Lorgren Benirus had a ham sandwich in his pocket? wink.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Oct 8 2013, 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 8 2013, 12:30 PM) *

The pictures taken with a cell phone have the feeling of being very much right in the action, since there’s no freezing and posing on consoles. I still remember Lady Mara’s Nord (arghh, but his name escapes me!) grinning at Forrester during their midnight target practice session outside the Ill Omen.

Scarsdale? Skarsgard! I remember because it was like Stellan.



QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 8 2013, 12:30 PM) *

In Grits news, I’ve made an NPC version of Jerric for Darnand to travel with. So far he looks good but needs an attitude adjustment. Darnand defeated Lorgren Benirus with no help from Jerric at all. That was NOT the plan!

Still, Benirus Manor. It was a good day. smile.gif

Doh! I guess Jerric must have gotten distracted by a bottle of mead. Or maybe some comely Breton lass down at the Mages Guild... wink.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 8 2013, 11:23 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 8 2013, 12:30 PM) *

In Grits news, I’ve made an NPC version of Jerric for Darnand to travel with. So far he looks good but needs an attitude adjustment. Darnand defeated Lorgren Benirus with no help from Jerric at all. That was NOT the plan!


Awesome, this sort of thing (creating PCs into NPCs) seems so advanced to me. Are you able to adjust Darnard's aggression at all, so that this doesn't happen?

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 8 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Scarsdale? Skarsgard! I remember because it was like Stellan.


Yep, Skarsgard. The winner of the Vanilla Male (or at least a runner-up, I don't remember exactly) in the Hot/Not 2012 contest. smile.gif




Posted by: mirocu Oct 9 2013, 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 9 2013, 12:23 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 8 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Scarsdale? Skarsgard! I remember because it was like Stellan.


Yep, Skarsgard. The winner of the Vanilla Male (or at least a runner-up, I don't remember exactly) in the Hot/Not 2012 contest. smile.gif

Ahh, the Hot or Not contest. Such great fun it was! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Rohirrim Oct 9 2013, 12:28 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 9 2013, 03:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 9 2013, 12:23 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 8 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Scarsdale? Skarsgard! I remember because it was like Stellan.


Yep, Skarsgard. The winner of the Vanilla Male (or at least a runner-up, I don't remember exactly) in the Hot/Not 2012 contest. smile.gif

Ahh, the Hot or Not contest. Such great fun it was! biggrin.gif

When was this? huh.gif

Posted by: Acadian Oct 9 2013, 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Rohirrim @ Oct 9 2013, 04:28 AM) *
When was this? huh.gif


It was on a thread co-hosted by Renee over on the Bethesda Softworks forum. She ran one the year before over there as well. smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 10 2013, 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Rohirrim @ Oct 9 2013, 07:28 AM) *

When was this? huh.gif


http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1418247-am-i-hot-or-not/

There ya go. There used to be a website called www.amihot.com where people posted up pics. Once the pics were up, somebody could view them and vote from 10 (hot) to 1 (not), so that's where the silly idea came from, except I axed the 1 to 10 system.

Here is the results post: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1429283-the-hot-or-not-awards/?p=21917920

Wow. Grits actually had three males win Vanilla Male. Skarsgard was tied for #3 with Darian. smile.gif Interesting.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 10 2013, 01:18 PM

Time: Sun's Dusk 10, 3rd Era 433, 7:30 am

Days Passed: 76
Active Quests: 17
Quests Cmptd: 5
Bounty: 90


"Hello."

"Good to see you!"

As day breaks early here in Leyawiin County, one guard arrives at his post and greets another. The morning is so gloriously sunny, it's amazing there ever was a day of fog or rain on Topal Bay.

"What's new with you?" asks Leyawiin guard #1.

"If I had a question about Heavy Armor, I'd probably ask Varnado at the best defense', answers the other.

"Well, if you MUST have heavy armor, go see Varnado. So heavy, so ugly. But it´s your choice."

The two guards stand awkwardly, unsure of who will bring up the subject first. Technically, Guard #1 is supposed to be starting his break, while Guard #2 is slated to begin his time at the watch. But both guards stand still a moment. Suddenly, both also speak at the same moment.

--"So that Redguard who"----"Do you remember that Redguard"--

Both look at one another, and then down at the ground, a feeling of guilt and shame passing between them.

"The blacksmith..."

"Blacksmith? I was speaking of the beggar I saw."

"He ..."

"Was he?..."

Both guards stand a moment longer, while time dawdles by. They've already wasted too much of it, making what should have been a simple shift-change into a virtual gossip-fest.

"Go take your break."

"It's about time!"

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_


7:30 am, Castle Leyawiin Lord's Manor

"Good morning!"

"How delightful!"

Words of forced comfort pass between Marius and his wife, Countess Alessia Caro, as they arise from another platonic night of marriage.

"Have you heard any word about--"

But Marius is already gone. He has left the room, eager to make his way to court, once again.

Countess Alessia spends a moment feeling dumbfounded on a few subjects: Her marriage to an older man, the over-running of Leyawiin by a host of beast races, and (most of all) the thing she does not want to admit, the fact that her 'secret' torture chamber is no longer so much of a secret anymore. Not only this, but somebody has been using the passages below her very bedroom to infiltrate her precious solitude. Not once but twice now.

"'Tis no wonder I spend so many of my days travelling north. Buggered botherations!" the Countess scoffs, as she rises and perfumes herself slowly. "Mischiefs and ministrations! Perhaps Hlidara was right. Perhaps I should take matters further...oh but what am I saying? Leyawiin's guards will take care of it all, sooner or ...."

Suddenly, the Countess stops. She opens her jewelry box, and stops.

"Good morning, milady! How are you today?"

"Hlidara, have you seen my ring?"

"Ring milady? What ring?"

"What ring? MY ring! The ring I have been wearing so proudly as of late! MY ring!!!"

Hlidara Mothril (of course) knows which ring her Lady speaks of, but she cannot help but feel confused, her temper rising just a notch. That blacksmith! "Ohhh milady, but you have so many rings! Perhaps you've simply misplaced the one you speak of; perhaps you've just got them mixed up!"

"I did NOT get them mixed up and I am NOT confused! ... MY ring! It's GONE! Do you hear me? GONE! I Know of it! I did place it in this very box last night, as I always do!"

"It's gone? Is it really gone? But how can this be?" As Hldara now stands aside Countess Caro, she also looks into the jewelry box, the empty jewelry box, and is unpleasantly startled. ... "Wait'll I get my hands on that Redguard SCUM!" Hlidara glares! "Don't you fret, milady! We'll have this all sorted out in a rat's hair of time! Why, he's probably idling down in the Castle's dungeon as we speak!!"

"He's not a very good thief, is he?" Caro says, her temper vanishing. "Yes, you're right. Perhaps he is already caught, and we have not a thing to worry."

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_


Sun's Dusk 10, 2:30 pm

"HAAA!!! You dare impose the might, OF THE IMPERIAL LEGION!"

As Kahreem of Weet now rides a half-mile north of Leyawiin, safely following an Imperial Guard (who's just taken the time to rid the path before them of a mudcrab) he bounces a ring firmly up and down in his dark hand.

"Not bad for a day's work," he says. "Ahdarji, here I come."

Posted by: Grits Oct 10 2013, 02:45 PM

Skarsgard!! Thank you. smile.gif I remember his shirt-optional tavern tour of Cyrodiil. That would be a fun event to organize someday. Everyone visit the same tavern in their game and post pictures with a review.

That was a fun contest. Some of my characters have retired, died, or migrated since then, but those three vanilla guys are still going strong. Darian (with his expanding entourage) and the original Jerric are on the PS3 and Selador is on the Xbox. Funny.

I figured out why NPC Jerric was letting bandit dogs chase him all over the Gold Coast. His aggression was right, but a mod was dictating his behavior. D’oh!! Got him straightened out. Plus I learned a lot about how a few things work while I was checking every single thing that could be wrong except for the actual problem. But I guess the solution is always the last thing you try.

Anyway Renee, don’t let my floundering around dissuade you from making your own NPCs! There are some good tutorials out there to read and watch, and the simple followers that I’m making are not difficult. I’m so delighted to finally put my characters face to face.


A sunny day for Kahreem! Maybe the next time that Legion Rider dismounts he’ll say “I’ve fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you.” Kahreem saw it happen. tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 10 2013, 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 10 2013, 09:45 AM) *

Skarsgard!! Thank you. smile.gif I remember his shirt-optional tavern tour of Cyrodiil. That would be a fun event to organize someday. Everyone visit the same tavern in their game and post pictures with a review.


Yeah you know? Perhaps what I'll do is gather up all of Lady Mara's writing for Skarsgard, and ask her if she wants me to organize them into a thread here at Chorrol (with those lovely pics). This way, his entire story will be in one place. At present, they're all scattered about in a bunch of Where are You Now? threads.

QUOTE
That was a fun contest. Some of my characters have retired, died, or migrated since then, but those three vanilla guys are still going strong. Darian (with his expanding entourage) and the original Jerric are on the PS3 and Selador is on the Xbox. Funny.


Sweet!

QUOTE

Anyway Renee, don’t let my floundering around dissuade you from making your own NPCs! There are some good tutorials out there to read and watch, and the simple followers that I’m making are not difficult. I’m so delighted to finally put my characters face to face.


Oh I see. Actually, I have heard it's possible to get almost any NPC a follower via mods, right? The ability to just hire any NPC will be amazing enough for me. Lady Saga especially has been wanting to have somebody to travel with. She used to go around asking a variety of NPCs to follow her, even though I knew this can never happen in vanilla.
QUOTE

A sunny day for Kahreem! Maybe the next time that Legion Rider dismounts he’ll say “I’ve fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you.” Kahreem saw it happen. tongue.gif


laugh.gif It makes me laugh that a guard starts yelling taunts and insults to a creature that can't even comprehend anything greater than its next meal. laugh.gif

Posted by: mirocu Oct 13 2013, 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Oct 10 2013, 05:44 PM) *

Perhaps what I'll do is gather up all of Lady Mara's writing for Skarsgard, and ask her if she wants me to organize them into a thread here at Chorrol (with those lovely pics). This way, his entire story will be in one place. At present, they're all scattered about in a bunch of Where are You Now? threads.

I think she mentioned doing that herself at some point. But since she´s no longer active with Oblivion I guess the idea itself has... well, fallen into Oblivion! laugh.gif


Pun so intended! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Lopov Oct 15 2013, 11:50 PM

Lucien Lachance has been observing Raven ever since he had arrived to Cyrodiil. He knew more about his past than anyone else except Raven himself and he was also familiar with his father, Adalard Venderaux, who had been a powerful necromancer and a cruel murderer until his own son ended his life. His messengers told him about Raven's massacre at Hackdirt, murder of the bounty hunter close to Pell's Gate and other black deeds that Raven performed, convinced that he's doing it for greater good. But Lucien Lachance knew that Raven has a dark side inside him, only waiting to be waken and unleashed. And now the time to finally visit him, had arrived.



Not a sound could be heard when Lucien Lachance arrived to the deserted town of Hackdirt. All houses were in the dark except for one dim light coming out of the upper window at now abandoned Moslin's Inn. Lucien wickedly smiled, now familiar with Raven's whereabouts. Cloaked by his chameleon spell, he made his way to the inn, silently opened the door and went upstairs to Moslin's private room. Soundlessly, he entered the old room, careful not to wake Raven up. He saw him lying in his loincloth on the double bed but something was wrong...

...Raven's sleep was restless, he was tossing and turning in bed, mumbling some words that Lucien Lachance couldn't understand. As he stepped closer and looked at his face, he saw that Raven was sweating heavily and assumed that he had a fever. Then he saw a dark stain on his forearm and when he leaned closer to check it out, he saw a fresh, deep wound. Lucien Lachance was familiar with many different wounds and he immediately recognized this one to be from a zombie.

"Caught a disease, have you?" thought Lucien."Rockjoint? Astral vapors? Don't worry child, you'll survive it. I actually prefer you in your...weakened state."

He casted a frost spell in the air, chilling the entire room and then bursted a weak shock force to Raven's body, waking him up instantly. He quickly raised his head and stared at Lachance. His face was pale, his eyes blurred and he was breathing slowly.

"You sleep rather soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'm about to propose."

He looked at Raven and expected to see a surprise in his eyes but he didn't see any, the Breton was looking at him like he wasn't even sure whether he was an apparition or a real person. After a few seconds of silence, he slowly said:

"You...explain yourself" *exhales heavily* "Now."

"In due time, dear child. In due time. First, an introduction. I am Lucien Lachance, Speaker for the Dark Brotherhood. And you, you are a cold-blooded killer, capable of taking life without mercy or remorse. The Night Mother has been watching, and she is most pleased. And so, here I am. I come to you with an offering. An opportunity... to join our rather unique family."

Raven's head fell back on a pillow and he closed his eyes. Lachance at first thought that he had lost his consciousness but then Raven slowly turned his head against him and opened his eyes, his gaze still distant. This time he said nothing so Lachance continued:

"So, I have your rapt attention. Splendid. Now listen closely."

Lachance went on and told Raven about the Inn of Ill Omen ("I remember it, I've been there...Manheim...Minerva"), a man named Rufio ("unfamilar name"), kill Rufio ("kill? kill?"), initiation into the Dark Brotherhood ("Initiation? Why? No, I'm...")

"No!" shouted Raven and raised his head. His response surprised Lachance. "I'm...not...a murderer."

"No? The Night Mother seems to think otherwise. Allow me to grant you a gift, in case you reconsider."

Lachance handed him the Blade of Woe and Raven managed to gain enough strength to sit up. He looked at Lucien, confused, and then slowly took the blade in his hands. With one hand he held its pommel, with the other one he was slowly and gently feeling its sharp tip.

"His dark side is waking up, I see it... I feel it," thought Lachance.

"It is a virgin blade, and thirsts for blood. May it serve you well, as does your silence. Now, I bid you farewell. I do hope we'll meet again soon."

Raven looked up at Lachance and saw two faces resting on his shoulders. The face on his left was the face of his father Adalard, who smiled at him. That's odd, since his father never smiled.

"Go on, son," said his father and nodded. "Go on. You thirst for blood. Your body thirsts for blood. Make me proud."

Then Raven looked at the other face, this one of a woman. She was pale and had long black hair that were hiding most of her face. Raven knew why...she was hiding her bruises. And although he couldn't see her face clearly, he saw tears running down her cheek.

"Your path is clear. Send Rufio to his death, and the Dark Brotherhood will embrace you as family," said Lachance and both faces suddenly disappeared. Then he cloaked himself and headed out of the room. As he put his hand on a doorhandle, he felt someone grabbing his shoulder. He turned around and saw Raven, his eyes blurred...but there was something else, something that Lachance couldn't see yet.

"Do you have more questions, dark child?" asked Lachance and wanted to remove Raven's hand, but he grabbed him even stronger.

"This blade...it is still virgin...you say?"

"That it is, my child. It is only but waiting to be covered in blood."

"Then..." said Raven and Lachance didn't like his gaze anymore, it seemed like his eyes were becoming more focused. "...then let's it make it lose its innocence!"

With a powerful swing Raven stabbed Lahance into his chest but magical robe of the Speaker sustained a lot of damage.

"That was your last mistake!" shouted Lachance and pulled out his silver shortsword. "Prepare to die, traitor!"

"Traitor?" Raven and staggered back. "I'm not a traitor. But you're a murderer and a coward. And you called ME a murderer. That was YOUR last mistake."

"You see yourself as a saint, Venderaux? Ha, you have evil running through your veins! Written in your blood! Your father and your grandfather..."

"That is past! And you shall be past too!"

The battle between Lachance and Raven was fierce and at first it seemed that Lachance won't have any difficulties defeating him. Being still weak from the disease, he was often missing and his fingers felt too numb to cast a simple spell. As Lachance was inflicting him a wound after a wound, the face of the black-haired woman appeared again. This time there were no tears but a smile... a kind, warm smile.

Whether was it this smile or whether the disease-curing potion finally began to effect, Raven could feel energy returning to his fingers. He dodged Lachance's attack and touched him with his hands, unleashing his shock fury to the Speaker. Lachance was surprised and stepped back, and for the first time in many years he felt fear. Fear, because there was a slight chance that he won't be able to cope with Raven's magical talents. And he was correct.

Although he successfuly cut Raven a few more times, the Breton eventually sent sparks to his body again and Lachance felt powerless. He dropped the shortsword and fell on the back, knowing that he had only a few seconds before he'll join the Night Mother. Raven was standing above him, Blade of Woe still in his right hand, blood dripping from its tip and a victorious and angry look in his eyes.

"It can't be," whispered Lachance, "it wasn't supposed to end like this. You...you could achieve a lot, I saw it. You have it in your blood..."

"Nonsense! Time to end this little game" and Raven plunged Blade of Woe through Lachance's heart, ending the life of the infamous Speaker.

...

He didn't know how many time had passed while he was crouching next to Lachance's body, thinking of his deeds, his father and his future. The future which finally didn't seem so dark. For the first time Raven felt that he defeated something inside himself. Something dark, something malicious - by disobeying his orders, he finally defeated his father.

Although he still felt weak and his joints hurt badly, he decided to head back to Chorrol to heal himself properly. He slowly put on his clothes, took his stuff from the drawers and headed out of the inn, gasping for fresh air. As he was stumbling towards Chorrol, he looked in the sky and instead of Masser and Secunda, he saw two faces. While angry man's face was slowly fading away, the woman's was getting more intense and Raven could see her smile again.

"Thank you...mother."

Posted by: mirocu Oct 16 2013, 11:04 AM

Incredibly good writing, mr Lopov! biggrin.gif And actually a very surprising twist! wacko.gif

Posted by: Lopov Oct 16 2013, 03:36 PM

Thank you, mr mirocu. I thought that you don't read so long updates. tongue.gif

Posted by: mirocu Oct 16 2013, 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 16 2013, 04:36 PM) *

Thank you, mr mirocu. I thought that you don't read so long updates. tongue.gif

I usually just read Renee´s because I like Saga and Kahreem, but I sometimes read up on Raven (boy) and this update caught my attention smile.gif

Posted by: Lopov Oct 16 2013, 06:39 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 16 2013, 05:30 PM) *
but I sometimes read up on Raven (boy) and this update caught my attention

An honor to be sure. goodjob.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 16 2013, 10:17 PM

Yes Lopov, glad to see you made it here to Chorrol. How was your journey? Did you come from the North, South, East or West? If it's the South, I hope you didn't have too many troubles from the folks in a strange, Lovecraftian town? If it's from the West, hopefully the highwayman who usually resides at Fort Ash didn't try to take your hard-earned Septims.

Speaking of hard-earned Septims, here's a man who's lately been having a tough time earning any.

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Days Passed: 76
Days Jailed: 17

Fame: 0
Infamy: 7
Bounty: 90

Note: as I start tonight's gaming session, Kahreem is still in Leyawiin, and is about to deliver Ahdarji's ring and get this whole nightmare over with. Before this happened though, my Bandit wound up harvesting some more plants for cash. As he walked to Gundalas's shop to make some deals, who did we find but Hlidara Mothril. The game had her glitched out, trying to enter Best Goods and Guarantees, but she couldn't enter the shop! She was running in place, too! laugh.gif I just couldn't resist!


"I hope I can help,"

...says the middle-aged high elf, turning to Kahreem of Weet, her eyes truely not seeing the man before her.

What are you blind? Kahreem thinks as she gazes at him. "No muhaki, taas buhaji," Kahreem answers as he avoids eye-contact. "Kooloo baashi ahh menahki."

At this bout of gibberish, Hlidara seems dumbfounded. She has no idea what to say to the Redguard who's just approached Best Goods and Guarantees. Since he's now wearing his Sewer Battle Gear (and carrying a smelly wooden club at his side instead of a rusty knife) she doesn't even recognize the Redguard who not only broke into the Lord's Manor multiple times, but also managed to steal the coveted ring which started this whole mess in the first place. The man they're looking for was dressed in dark peasant's clothes (or possibly a blacksmith's outfit), and nicely-scented with a mixture of lavender and aloe vera. The man before her wears worn leather armor, and smells of blood and some sort of wine. Probably the Cheapest of wines.

"No speak See-ro-dill!" Kahreem says. "Mooloolaki daas vaahki See-ro-dill!"

Before Hlidara even fathom a reply, the Redguard is gone in Gundala's shop. "Phew. I don't think she knows it was me." He then sells his things to Gundalas, making sure to try to barter for the best prices, as is the usual Cyrodiilic custom.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0


Sundas, 11:48 AM, Five Claws Lodge

"Greetings to you!" says a Khajiits's voice.

Kahreem awakes to the sound of this voice in his own room, and this time, there is nobody invading his space. No Eitar and no 'Oatmeal'. He decided he'd stay at the Five Claws for the night, rather than the comfier Three Sisters Inn, because the Five Claws would be a better spot to finally meet his contact. After searching for hours the previous day for this beastfolk, and finally finding Ahdarji's house (which was locked with a 4-tumbler), Kahreem returned to the Five Claws, since he knows Ahdarji might finally show up here.

"How goes it?" asks a cultured Female Breton voice.

"Not bad. Have you heard any of Ahdarji's jokes?" asks the Khajiit.

"Terrible jokes! Just terrible!"

[AHEM] the Khajiit clears her throat of the living beetle she had just swallowed before this Breton interrupted her meal. "Have you heard any word about the other provinces?" the Argonian finally asks.

"Nothing I'd like to talk about."
"Hmph".

After an awkward moment, the Breton converses on, apparently trying to make some sort of point: "Witseidutsei runs a clean establishment! She really hates it when people mess up her place," the Breton finally asserts. Although she doesn't say it, she remembers the days when the Five Claws had a different name, was run by a stocky Nord, and did not attract beast-folk. It was a fine establishment back in those days, not the smelly, seedy place it has become.

"The Five Claws is a very clean place," says the Khajiit, trying to hold back her anger at the cultured, snobby Breton. "Witseidutsei would have it no other way," she finishes neutrally.

What the fokke is her problem? thinks Kahreem, as he gathers his things.

"So I've heard."

As Kahreem emerges from his small room, he is almost overrun by the very Argonian he has been looking for.

"Why does the prey approach?" says Ahdarji.

"Prey? A-ha-ha-ha, not something you want to say to Redguard, ye of swinging, furry tail and pointy ears."

"What doo yoo want?"

"I want to give you this," the Weet Bandit says. "Here. Take it. I will gladly see this stupid ... uh ... RING ... out of my hands," he says, not caring if anybody hears him this time. "My job is done, and I can leave this stupid town once and hopefully for all."

"Does the hunter have this one's ring?"
"I said I did. Now here. Take this damn thing."

"My ring! All thanks to the claws of the Clan Mother. You have recovered it. Is that slimy Argonian dead?" Ahdarji asks as an afterthought. "Did he suffer long? I hope so."

"Is Amusei dead? Ha! How do you think I made this leather breastplate?"

"You have earned the reward. The Thieves Guild was always good to Ahdarji's dearest mate. I am grateful that the memory is still honored."

"Well, I am glad to have assisted," Kahreem finalizes. "I feel as if a great weight has been taken off my shoulders, and onto yours. You know the Countess is going to be looking for that ring, don't you? And that she's got a secret torture chamber located in the depths of her castle?"

"That's just talk!"

"Ha! I hope I hear you say that on this side of a jail cell, Khajiit," Kahreem warns. "You take care now, ya hear?"

"Swift hunting," Ahdarji says, meaning this in the most literal sense. She's just seen a mouse crawling in the corner after all.

Posted by: mirocu Oct 17 2013, 11:52 AM

Ha! So it looks like Kahreem is finally done with that darnified ring! rollinglaugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 23 2013, 10:27 PM

The Saga of Kahreem, chapter whatever

Location: Leyawiin, Five Claws Lodge
Current Gold: 127

Days Passed: 77
Days Jailed: 17

Bounty: 90
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7


Sundas 12:40 pm Sun's Dusk II, 3E433


"Spare a coin for an old war veteran?"

...asks Rancid Ra'dirsha as Kahreem of Weet steps outside the Five Claws Lodge, hopefully for the last time in a long time. Rain pours from the dark sky above.

"Ha! You? A veteran? Of what war? Of which faction, and under which ruler? .. Ha ha!! Just as I thought."

At these words, poor rancid looks to her feet. All alone, this one is, she thinks. This catches the Weet Bandit's attention. She looks so sad and dejected, he thinks.

"Ahh, no, don't look like that. Ahh, hey, c'mon! I was just joking, kitty-cat. Here. Have a coin. I won't miss it. It's yours. And actually, here. Here's more*. Now go get something for eating, for Nocturnal's sake."

"Thank you, kind sir!"

As Kahreem walks away, striking his fist into the air in triumph, thinking he'll never return to this mosquito-infected city as long as he lives, Rancid Ra'dirsha smiles to herself.

"That one is not the ONLY one who can plaaay a good con!" she says, stepping out of the rain to dry her soaking fur.


*

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0251_zps55ceb3f3.jpg.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


1:55 PM
As Kahreem passes through Leyawiin's gate, the rain suddenly begins to abate, and then stops entirely.

"Cannot wait to get back to Bravil," Kahreem mutters as he walks towards the stables. "At least I've got a home there," he says, referring actually to City Swimmer's flat, at which he had been squatting all during his Bravil stay. "Wonder if anybody else has been in there. Wonder if they left any skooma!"

As the Redguard Bandit walks away from the stables, suddenly remembering that he's left his horse some what up the road a bit (to deter witnesses as he steals this bay once again), Kahreem spies a familiar figure. A figure whom he has not seen in a long, long time. Weeks, if not months.

"It's you! Aval Boobani or whatever! You remember me?*"

"You get any closer and I'll turrrn your bones to ash! Back off!" the Dunmer says.

"Is that so? Well last time, I didn't have a weapon. LAST TIME, I did not have THIS!" he suddenly yells, un-shanking his smelly old Sewer Club from his belt. "Say hello to Sir Fokke-a-lot, pompous fool!"

Before http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Alval_Uvani can reply, he's BASHED in the head with the Redguard's Sewer Club.

"HEY, come on now!! There's no need to get violent!" Alval yells, beginning to get violent. He picks out his daggar, poisoned with something which will lower this fool's Intelligence. As Alval remembers this fact, he also realizes that this Redguard's forte is probably not spell-casting, meaning he's just wasted a bit of poison on a dumb road bandit.

"HAAAAA!" Kahreem yells as he returns some blows. The strikes and blows come quick, and they come fast. Daggar versus Club, Club versus Daggar.

"HA!!!! I've fought mudcraaabs more feahhsome than you!!!" Alval informs.

"You are going down, Dunmer Boobani! Say it with me!!! .. just say it: I am going down!"

But as the fight ensues further, and it becomes more and more obvious that none of the town's guards are not going to intervene, and so Kahreem realizes that this Dunmer might have him. Back in the Imperial City months ago, nobody died during their previous fight, since it was quickly broken by the guards. But now, he may have possibly just met his fate.

"Did YOU DO TIME? DID YOU PAY AS I DID?" Kahreem screams at the Dunmer. "'Cause I did! Went to jail and did my TIME, blueboy!"

"LET'S GET THIS OVAH WITH!!!"

As the strikes and dodges come and go, Kahreem's health beginning to falter, and without any health potions in his pouch, he suddenly remembers his heritage. He remembers his powers, specifically his Redguard Adrenaline Rush, which has not been cast in several days. He raises his arm to the sky woooonnn, and feels the essence of his predecessors coursing through his body.

"NOW you're in trouble, Dunmer!"

"THIS ... ENNNDS .. HEEE-YAAA!"

As Alval step-dodges one of Kahreem's blows, he catches the Redguard from his side, pricking him and using more of his poison. He just watched the man cast a spell, after all.

"ARGH!" Kahreem lands a smasher right onto Alval's head a moment later, sending him spiraling in the opposite direction. Amazingly, still the guards have not somehow caught wind of this fight, which takes place just a few hundred feet north of Leyawiin. "HOOOGH!!" cries the Dunmer as the Weet Bandit slams him again from a difficult angle.

"Heh! YOU'VE NOT HAD ENOUGH I SEE!"

In another moment of inspiration, Kahreem spies a small bar of sand located just off the road, and this bar is separated by a small creek of water. And in this creek crawls a mudcrab. Kahreem scampers off the road, running into the water a bit, and stops just as he gets onto the bar.

crrddddllllll .. purrs the crab, suddenly taking interest in the two two-legged creatures fighting nearby.

Kahreem can see the Dunmer hasn't got much left, as he finalizes a few more beatings, but blocks a few more from Uvani's daggar. It is not Kahreem who steals the moment at which Alval Uvani, walker of roads near and far, pompously and arrogantly warning those who dare cross his path, takes his last breath as he falls face-first into the water. It's a lowly mudcrab.

"Mm hmm", says Kahreem. "So you've seen mudcrabs more fearsome than me, eh? ... Is this the mudcrab of which thou speaketh, me lord?"

He asks the dead dark elf this, loots through the man's pocket as the sunny sky above continues on, and walks proudly back to his stolen bay.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/Image0253_zps392ad9ce.jpg.html

Posted by: mirocu Oct 24 2013, 10:05 AM

Awesome fight! laugh.gif

Lothran had plans to kill Alval too when he threatened him on the road between Bravil and Leyawiin. My Dunmer let him walk away a few hundred feet before deciding to turn around and attack him. But by the time he caught up to him he was already dead. The funny thing was there wasn´t anything around. No animal, no bandit, nothing that could have done it.

It must have been Kahreem who was already on his way off on his steed! Finally, it all makes sense! rollinglaugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 24 2013, 06:06 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 24 2013, 05:05 AM) *

Awesome fight! laugh.gif

Lothran had plans to kill Alval too when he threatened him on the road between Bravil and Leyawiin. My Dunmer let him walk away a few hundred feet before deciding to turn around and attack him. But by the time he caught up to him he was already dead. The funny thing was there wasn´t anything around. No animal, no bandit, nothing that could have done it.

It must have been Kahreem who was already on his way off on his steed! Finally, it all makes sense! rollinglaugh.gif


Isn't it cool how it all worked out, and how each of our characters have a different method of dealing with Alval? Even my paladin Dyan somehow got Alval killed without affecting her 'Lawful Good' status as an adventurer. In other words, she somehow managed not to make the first strike, and so she did not get a bounty for fighthing the man.

I was thinking Kahreem should steal one of the horses in the actual stable (just for kicks) instead of walking back to where he had parked his stolen bay, but he thought better of it. I am glad he did, because then the guards would be after him, and the fight with Alval could not have been concluded the way it was.

Posted by: ghastley Oct 24 2013, 06:38 PM

I haven't done the DB line with many characters, but they all watched him getting killed by a bear outside Bravil. I was beginning to think it was scripted that way by Bethsoft, until the black bear became a brown one (I did the quests later with that character).


Posted by: Grits Oct 26 2013, 01:22 PM

Wow, Kahreem's story is the best Alval death I've heard. A mudcrab! Priceless. biggrin.gif

Something gets Alval pretty often on the hill outside Skingrad toward the IC in my games. He was roadside storage for more than one of my characters.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 26 2013, 03:57 PM

Ghastley: that's weird, that Uvani always gets killed by a bear in your game. In my games, he always winds up getting killed in a variety of different spots. In Dyan's game for instance, I know it happened in Cheydinhal.

Gritsy: Roadside storage? ohmy.gif

I wonder if Kahreem is going to wind up getting a visit from Lucien because of this? I mean ... he is not the one who actually killed Uvani. Hmm..


Posted by: mirocu Oct 26 2013, 05:07 PM

If Kahreem didn´t land the killing blow then Lachance will leave him alone.

Posted by: Grits Oct 27 2013, 08:33 PM

Emperor’s Day Road Trip, Day One

http://i.imgur.com/yixc8ZH.png traveled from Anvil to Brina Cross today. They got a slow start making sure everyone was packed up for the journey. The road was clear from Anvil to the Brina Cross Inn, probably because Jerric has been back and forth a lot lately. They followed a Legion Rider most of the way and finally caught up right outside the inn. There they also met a Black Horse Courier Rider and picked up some reading material.

The Brina Cross did not provide a lively evening. Accommodations were cramped and http://i.imgur.com/dR4Oq0Q.png. They all got plenty of sleep (sadly) and headed out into a http://i.imgur.com/wusnBMQ.png. Destination Skingrad.



.

Posted by: King Coin Oct 27 2013, 09:52 PM

That's quite a convoy! Good to see the whole gang together, plus one. Who threw the pitcher at the inn? Did it run out of ale too quickly? tongue.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Oct 27 2013, 10:53 PM

I noticed the floating pitcher too. I assume Darnand was practicing with telekinesis?

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Oct 27 2013, 11:34 PM

Wow I love those pics. Must be cool to have a gang like that, and I'm noticing that not all of them need armor, too.




Posted by: Grits Oct 29 2013, 07:11 PM

That pitcher made me laugh. Jerric heard a door slam and then a crash while he was walking around the inn looking for Abiene. He found her sitting in there (NOT the room he rented) with the door closed. What the heck, woman!

Renee, it’s wild to have the whole crew. They haven’t had many fights, but two of them are summoners and Abiene heals everyone during and after combat (a mod gives her that behavior), so they could pretty much walk down the road in their underwear without much danger. The biggest issue so far is Lildereth shooting everyone. whistling.gif



Emperor’s Day Road Trip, Day Two: Brina Cross to Skingrad

After a peaceful stroll through morning mist Jerric decided it was time for a http://i.imgur.com/mMQXol2.png. He led the crew (Darnand, Lildereth, Abiene, and Shameer) into the http://i.imgur.com/r0MAom8.png for refreshments. Nothing much occurred there since it was about nine in the morning, but at least the fog had lifted when they got back outside. Lovely views across to Anvil and up to Kvatch as they walked, and finally the pointy spires of Skingrad came into sight.

They only got to fight one bandit the whole way, providing very little to trade once they got to the city. Jerric was happy to dip into the IC shopping money in order to fund the wine sampling. And cheese sampling. And the beef and mutton.

But first they headed into the chapel as do all devout citizens and also those born under the Atronach looking to top up their magicka reserves at an altar. Inside Jerric made his way to the altar of Akatosh as is his custom. He was reminded by a voice that we imagine to be both Divine and mildly annoyed that he had not yet made a pilgrimage to Akatosh’s wayshrine (in this game). Oops. Then much to my surprise at the main altar he actually http://i.imgur.com/RFPSbGS.png! Oh, the wonders of bug-fixes. It is indeed a magical world in which he lives.

They made the rounds of the shops including a fruitless visit to Salmo the baker. That tease. Got a room and had http://i.imgur.com/zzNyjrt.png because it’s known to be nice and then headed out for drinks at the Two Sisters because it’s known to be not as nice. Abiene and Jerric had a few http://i.imgur.com/SaVrssB.png when she went upstairs to sit on a bench, but she didn’t do anything as forward as trespassing in someone else’s hotel room and then trashing the place like at the Brina Cross. Too bad.

At the Two Sisters Lil and Abiene went off to sit in chairs by themselves, so Jerric joined Darnand at a table. Possibly the girls were sad to have said goodbye to Shameer as he returned home to the vineyard. Shameer was good company. Anyway Jerric had the wine. Still not sure if he likes Tamika’s or Surilie Brothers best. He’ll have to return for another taste test soon. In this picture http://i.imgur.com/n9uUM9Y.png. There’s more about him later.

After more drinks than they should have bought (Jerric does not know about the new jewelry store in the IC, yikes) they headed back for a nightcap at the West Weald. That’s where things got interesting.

First I should explain that when they enter somewhere that they will stay for a while, Jerric gives the follower command that lets the others relax in the immediate area. They unequip weapons and armor and pretty much just eat, drink, and sit down at will.

Except as soon as Lil was told to make herself at home she crept behind the bar to http://i.imgur.com/Zq094dg.png! Someone (an Imperial) said, “I didn’t see anything,” and then all hells broke loose. Lil turned invisible and ran away, Maglir and Erina attacked that orc they had seen at the other tavern who just appeared out of nowhere, then Else God-Hater got in on the fray when they all ran upstairs. A Skingrad guard dashed in and delivered the killing blow to the orc up in the guest rooms area. Jerric returned to the lower level stunned by the turn of events (and the wine) and terribly worried that Lil was lying stabbed under a table. Instead he found her changed out of her armor now and casually chatting with Vandorallen Trebatius in the bar.

blink.gif

Lil once pickpocketed NPC Jerric, but he didn’t mind. (She took a bottle of ale.) I need to take another look and figure this out. Pickpocketing is very much within her character, but the getting caught part could become a problem!

Posted by: Acadian Oct 29 2013, 07:44 PM

Grits, what a delightful peek into the adventures of Jerric and Co. Aww, glad that Jerric and Abiene got to spend a bit of time together. Be careful, Lil!

Posted by: SubRosa Oct 29 2013, 08:54 PM

Lil's theft and the ensuing chaos was hilarious! Those wacky NPCs, you never know what they are going to do next! laugh.gif

Posted by: ghastley Oct 29 2013, 09:31 PM

It would appear that Lil doesn't have any food in her inventory, so she'll steal it when she has an Eat package. Change the NPC definition for her to have a negative number of apples (or whatever she likes to eat), and she'll always have something, and not need to steal. If you give her a positive number, she uses them up. Negatives indicate an inexhaustible supply that is not reduced by use. Probably a good idea to give her some negative wine to wash it down, too.

Or not, if you prefer her acting this way. Ongar the fence steals all the time, and he gets away with it. I did look at his setup once, and figured it out, but I've forgotten what his secret is. Something to do with factions and dispositions, most likely.


Posted by: Grits Oct 31 2013, 07:35 PM

ghastley, thank you! I’ve been trying to remember the trick so that they won’t run out of food and I couldn’t find it anywhere. Awesome, now everyone has an emergency meal and drinks in their pack. smile.gif


Emperor’s Day Road Trip, Day Three

Jerric, Darnand, Abiene, and Lildereth got a good early start from Skingrad. It was a great day for walking. Or running, as Abiene and Lil often do to http://i.imgur.com/KWWwxu0.png. They caught a http://i.imgur.com/vcREbMf.png still out on his way back to the mine presumably after a night of creeping around too close to the vineyards and stable for comfort. Jerric always feels a little bad about killing them. Until he notices things like the arrow through his stomach, for once pointing in the right direction.

Legion patrols kept the road fairly safe. The friends paused for a moment to appreciate the sight of the http://i.imgur.com/oenefoB.png coming into view. And to pick flowers. One can never have too many flax seeds.

There was some excitement along the hollow after which Jerric decided to counsel Darnand (via the CS) about the use of touch Destruction spells. Specifically that he should stop using them. Darnand gets critically injured in just a robe which draws Abiene in to heal him. Then she has to block with her little fists while Lildereth shoots her and Jerric tries not to cut off her head. Meanwhile the trolls (on fire from Darnand’s flame atronach and Jerric’s scamp) stomp all over everyone. Oh, and there was a will-o-wisp. Good times.

After the scuffle Jerric noticed that his new boots had somehow not been repaired in Skingrad. This caused him to make an abrupt http://i.imgur.com/6Y2IwtC.png to the shop near Pell’s Gate where he bought them to determine if they would repair the things they sold or if it would be up to him to handle it. This would be more of an issue if he decided to enchant them, as he can’t repair enchanted gear. Good news, they stood by their products and all is well.

Also they stopped by the Sleeping Mare for a bite to eat. No drinks because the proprietor didn’t have any. Jerric had http://i.imgur.com/vZ0IQUI.png with her while his friends enjoyed the beverages they brought with them.

Mid-afternoon they were attacked by what will become their http://i.imgur.com/MVu04f3.png. Lil acquitted herself well as evidenced by the arrows sticking out of the boar and not out of Abiene. Probably because the boar targeted Lil and chased her while she shot at it. She was a hero. Jerric was very proud. Abiene looks pissed because she had to chase down the both of them to heal Lil. Abiene is not a fan of running after hostile wild animals. Or of running. For the sake of friendships these excursions will likely be few and far between.

Posted by: ghastley Oct 31 2013, 07:48 PM

I like that last picture. To me, it looks like Abiene is asking who let that boar bleed all over her shoes, and Lil is appealing to the viewer for exoneration, despite being the only one with a bow. tongue.gif

Posted by: Acadian Oct 31 2013, 08:53 PM

Grits, what a fabulous update on the gang! I know what Jerric means about being reluctant to kill goblins. I know they smell bad and will happily filet you up to augment their rat stew but. . . just look at those big beautiful and gracefully sweeping ears. We figure they’re some kind of throwbacks to ancient cave mer.

Uh oh, Jerric doesn’t look happy at the Sleeping Mare. I’m surprised he didn’t shake Darnand until a bottle fell out of the the mage’s snazzy robes. laugh.gif

Woot! Boar BBQ! Good shooting Lil, and congrats on no collateral damage. I like her bow – is that one of Brash’s? Speaking of Lil, is she still using/happy with her little summoned Maigrets bat triplets?

Posted by: SubRosa Oct 31 2013, 09:11 PM

Well at least Jerric did not get shot in the back this time! laugh.gif Back in my pen and paper RPG days there was one campaign where another person's character Bax was always shooting my character Ethan in the back. It was practically guaranteed that he would get me at least once every battle. Eventually we started calling him Bax-Shooter.

I miss picking flowers in Oblivion. There are so many in Cyrodiil, and they don't get cut down after you pick them. I can never pick them in Skyrim because it makes the world look ugly without any flowers in it.

I see the Vile Clavicale's shrine is the background of that one pic. Perhaps someone had an ulterior motive for stopping there...?

Jerric looks so pissed in that pic at the Pells Gate inn! laugh.gif How perfectly Nordic! viking.gif Like Captain Jack (Sparrow - savvy?) and "Why is the rum gone?"

I love how Abiene is giving everyone else the cold shoulder after the boar died all over her shoes! laugh.gif

Posted by: Callidus Thorn Nov 6 2013, 06:30 PM

Sal the Argonian:
http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Callidus_Thorn/media/Sal_zps5f4a011b.jpg.html


Seeing the Imperial City behind him, Sal hastily made his way to the bank of the lake, and swam across it, putting as much distance between him and it as he could. On the other side he saw a campfire, but as he approached he was attacked. First by a Dunmer wielding a bow, then a Redguard with a heavy axe. Both fell to Sal's arrows, and he took the Dunmer's bow, since his was old and rusty. He helped himself to their meal, since they weren't hungry anymore, and busied himself gathering anything of value or use in their camp, before going for an after dinner swim in the lake. Feeling refreshed he then made use of the nearby tent and bedroll.

He was awakened, early in the morning by his nose. A stranger now stood in the camp, an old Breton in a blue robe. Perhaps he was a friend of those who had been there, Sal thought, because as soon as he caught sight of Sal he attacked! As the Breton summoned a scamp, Sal called forth the only thing he could, a skeleton and as the two fought he tried to find an opportunity to shoot at the mage. As the Breton's scamp tore his skeleton limb from limb, aided by the somewhat berserk Breton, Sal managed to plant two arrows in the Breton's chest, though the Breton had cast a spell that shielded him from the worst of the impacts. As the scamp dissipated the Breton charged, only to receive a third arrow, this time in the face, that put him down permanently. Sal was quick to search the body, taking the man;s robes and shoes, along with a book he was carrying. Sal opened it and began to read, and felt a question forming in his mind. The book was magic, and offered him a spell, minor life detection, and Sal could feel that even a novice could cast it, so accepted. That done, Sal returned to his purloined bedroll for a few more hours of sleep.

In the morning he set out for Chorrol, having only a vague sense of where it was, and checked every roadsign he could find. It had been more than two decades since he's last been in Cyrodiil, and back then he had only been a child. It took most of the day, but he made his way to Weynon Priory, though not without incident. Twice he had been ambushed by Khajiit, demanding 100 gold to let him pass. Twice he pleaded poverty, and twice his plea was met by a cold, feral grin and the assurance that the Khajiit would kill him for free. Both times Sal had to rely on his summoned skeleton and his spells, being too close to use his bow effectively. He had cast aside his iron bow, taken from the Dunmer by the lake, in favour of a fine steel one he had found. The soundless voice, so familiar, had prompted him to leave the path for a time, and explore the above ground portion of what looked to be a ruined fort. He had found the bow there, near the skeleton of it's owner, picked clean by who knew what.

As he entered the Priory, one of the monks asked him why he was there, Sal told him he had to speak to Jauffre, and was old to head upstairs. Sal did so and was surprised. He had been expecting a warrior, not an old man. He felt compelled to make sure this was the right man.

“Jauffre?”

“I am he, what do you want?” Sal was taken aback by the fire and steel he saw in the old man's eyes. Though he was old, clearly he was still a fighter.

“I was sent by Baurus. He told me to give you this” Sal removed the amulet from the pack Baurus had given him, and Jauffre's eyes widened in shock.

“How did you get this? What happened? Why did Baurus not come himself?”

“Baurus gave it to me, he said to bring it to you, he had to stay with the body of the Emperor. Please sir, I don't know what happened. I was arrested when I came to Cyrodiil, I don't know why. They came through my cell, and I followed them. They were being attacked, robed figures with armour that appeared from nowhere. They went through a door and locked it behind them, and I found another way to go. When I met them again only Baurus still lived. He was wounded, slumped in a corner beside the body of the old man they'd been escorting, him and the other two. Then Baurus told me who it was, and to take the amulet and give it to you.”

Jauffre expression had shifted throughout the story, moving from suspicion to horror to grief, and now returned to suspicion. “I don't trust you, Argonian. But I do not believe you were involved in this. If you were you would not have come. I will send a message to the Imperial City, ensuring you are pardoned for any crimes committed before today. Now go, the Blades will deal with the situation.”

Posted by: Acadian Nov 6 2013, 07:25 PM

CT: A tried, true and wonderful way to unload the amulet and deal with Jauffre for characters (like Salamander) who seem not interested in Main Questing. tongue.gif

Posted by: Grits Nov 7 2013, 01:40 AM

Great account of Sal’s return to Cyrodiil. I’m glad he can follow his own interests now that the Blades are on the job. smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Nov 7 2013, 01:50 PM

Grits: Great write-up! I like how one person gets hurt and another is there to heal him or her. Sounds just like a true adventuring party.

CT: Yaah! Sal the Argonian returns! Love the picure, and the tale.

QUOTE
“Jauffre?”

“I am he, what do you want?” Sal was taken aback by the fire and steel he saw in the old man's eyes. Though he was old, clearly he was still a fighter.

“I was sent by Baurus. He told me to give you this” Sal removed the amulet from the pack Baurus had given him, and Jauffre's eyes widened in shock.

“How did you get this? What happened? Why did Baurus not come himself?”


:thumbsup:




Posted by: Grits Nov 7 2013, 04:23 PM

Acadian, that is indeed one of Brash’s gorgeous bows. Jerric picked up a selection for Lil long before I figured out how to actually put her in his game. She’s been switching between that one and the juniper wood one (on her own), but she seems to favor the plain-looking juniper one more. Jerric just had it lightly enchanted for her at the Mystic Emporium (thanks to SubRosa’s mod), mostly so she can carry arrows other than the silver ones and still be effective against the various things that try to eat them. She dislikes the shiny look of the silver ones. Jerric bought a number of things for his friends while waiting for them to join him in his game. Part of why he is always broke.

Lil still adores her sweet summoned bats. She hasn’t used them lately because she hasn’t been underground or in trouble out alone at night due to the group’s recent shopping trip. There’s a little story simmering away about Lil and the bats. smile.gif Also the orb that’s associated with them looks really neat on a shelf. I’ve snagged yet another of Maigret’s wonderful animal companions to live at Weynon Priory. She’s in at least one of today’s pictures. Bringing her home to the Priory will be another road trip later.


In the era’s longest shopping trip the friends strolled from the boar picnic to Weye under a lovely sunset, stopping in at the archer camp to stock up on fletching supplies first. Nothing exciting happened at the Wawnet Inn where they spent the night. Probably because Nerussa sounded very happy to see Jerric even though he has not gotten any of her special wine to her. Though he has found some. whistling.gif

They got an early start for the http://i.imgur.com/2upTZJP.png. First order of business was tracking down Velwyn Benirus and setting him straight on some issues. Then the market district beckoned. Jerric left most of their money there. Surprisingly the issue was Lildereth. She only wanted one dress. But it cost as much as a house. Thankfully he still had his spell-making budget since we forgot he has no AU access in this game. They skipped the taverns ohmy.gif and headed to the Waterfront where mead might be cheaper. Also the girls wanted to go shoe shopping and get their hair done.

On the way they stopped in at the http://i.imgur.com/RVfcqv6.png. Jerric couldn’t help but think it was missing something.

At the waterfront shop (Goddess Store) Jerric got lots of ideas for Saturalia, but most of them would be considered gifts for him. Thankfully he could afford a pair of sandals for Abiene because she was not happy about wearing brown quilted shoes with her new outfit. Jerric was not happy about the doublet she made him wear, but he didn’t whine about it. Plus he likes her new shoes.

They’re presently in the Bloated Float. Jerric does not seem to like Ormil the proprietor. http://i.imgur.com/zYnXm5t.png.

Posted by: mirocu Nov 7 2013, 04:32 PM

Skipping taverns? They sure must be low on Septims for that to happen! laugh.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Nov 7 2013, 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 7 2013, 10:23 AM) *

Acadian, that is indeed one of Brash’s gorgeous bows. Jerric picked up a selection for Lil long before I figured out how to actually put her in his game. She’s been switching between that one and the juniper wood one (on her own), but she seems to favor the plain-looking juniper one more. Jerric just had it lightly enchanted for her at the Mystic Emporium (thanks to SubRosa’s mod), mostly so she can carry arrows other than the silver ones and still be effective against the various things that try to eat them. She dislikes the shiny look of the silver ones. Jerric bought a number of things for his friends while waiting for them to join him in his game. Part of why he is always broke.

Lil still adores her sweet summoned bats. She hasn’t used them lately because she hasn’t been underground or in trouble out alone at night due to the group’s recent shopping trip. There’s a little story simmering away about Lil and the bats. smile.gif Also the orb that’s associated with them looks really neat on a shelf. I’ve snagged yet another of Maigret’s wonderful animal companions to live at Weynon Priory. She’s in at least one of today’s pictures. Bringing her home to the Priory will be another road trip later.


In the era’s longest shopping trip the friends strolled from the boar picnic to Weye under a lovely sunset, stopping in at the archer camp to stock up on fletching supplies first. Nothing exciting happened at the Wawnet Inn where they spent the night. Probably because Nerussa sounded very happy to see Jerric even though he has not gotten any of her special wine to her. Though he has found some. whistling.gif

They got an early start for the http://i.imgur.com/2upTZJP.png. First order of business was tracking down Velwyn Benirus and setting him straight on some issues. Then the market district beckoned. Jerric left most of their money there. Surprisingly the issue was Lildereth. She only wanted one dress. But it cost as much as a house. Thankfully he still had his spell-making budget since we forgot he has no AU access in this game. They skipped the taverns ohmy.gif and headed to the Waterfront where mead might be cheaper. Also the girls wanted to go shoe shopping and get their hair done.

On the way they stopped in at the http://i.imgur.com/RVfcqv6.png. Jerric couldn’t help but think it was missing something.

At the waterfront shop (Goddess Store) Jerric got lots of ideas for Saturalia, but most of them would be considered gifts for him. Thankfully he could afford a pair of sandals for Abiene because she was not happy about wearing brown quilted shoes with her new outfit. Jerric was not happy about the doublet she made him wear, but he didn’t whine about it. Plus he likes her new shoes.

They’re presently in the Bloated Float. Jerric does not seem to like Ormil the proprietor. http://i.imgur.com/zYnXm5t.png.

And I see Lil is running to catch up in the first pic!

Nice to see that Jerric cleaned up for the visit to the temple.

Did the team pick up a dog along the way? That big black beast looks like he is part of the entourage. Or is that from the Float?

Posted by: Acadian Nov 7 2013, 05:17 PM

Grits, what great fun to see the gang together. And how cool is it to have four characters to play dress up with?!? laugh.gif

I can certainly see they have been visiting the Goddess Store and made some wonderful selections. I'm sure it can be a bit frustrating for Abiene and Lil having to weed out all the outfits catering to cup sizes quite far into the alphabet, stilleto-heeled adventurewear and greaves that are actually just 'butt-circlets'. Yet, there are absolutely a fair number of gems hidden there for more petite and practical adventuresses.

And what fun that you found the wig section of the store!

If you are using Brash's Ranger camp mod for leather armors and wooden bows, I found it helpful to make them all essential - otherwise, they gradually get attrited by predators.

Thanks for sharing the fun adventures of Jerric and Co!

SubRosa, I'll trust Grits to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the black (with white chest) dog in the last screen is Rosie, one of Maigrets wonderful companion mods.

Posted by: King Coin Nov 7 2013, 11:39 PM

I think Jerric's new shirt might be wrecked later tonight.

Posted by: Callidus Thorn Nov 11 2013, 12:19 PM

Sal really doesn't like the cold.


A lone figure makes it's way south from Bruma, lit by the pale morning sunlight, each step accompanied by a pleasant crunch as his feet compress the snow beneath them. Despite the thick snow, his steps are light and swift, driven by the cold. Though swathed in a fur lined black and burgundy outfit, which keeps much of him warm, he still feels the icy talons of cold sinking into the tips of his fingers and toes, and most alarmingly for him, his exposed tail. He sighs, his breath fogging in the frigid mountain air, as he considers the events of the last couple of days.

Sal hurried through the streets of Bruma, heading for the mages guild, rubbing his hands together against the cold, his burgundy linens and shirt no defence against the chill that hangs heavily over Bruma, especially since the sun had set. He sighed with relief as he entered the guildhall, grabbing his tail and trying to rub some warmth back into it's tip as he looked around, grateful simply to be out of the infernal cold. He spoke to the other mages there, bought some ingredients from the alchemist there, and spent most of the evening brewing potions and practising spells. He focused on those schools of magic he was less proficient in; alteration, mysticism, and restoration, and explored the guildhall a little, acquiring a black and burgundy outfit lined with fur, before making his way to the Jerall View Inn for the night.

The next day he spoke to the Breton woman in charge, Jeanne Frasoric, about earning a recommendation from her. She assigned him of finding a missing guildmember, a Khajiit named J'skar, who had disappeared, allegedly from a spell that backfired. This had Sal wondering. Surely a simple detect life spell would suffice? He spoke to the guild alchemist, Selena, who said she didn't want to get involved with Volanaro and J'skar and their “fun”. So Sal went to speak to Volanaro, the only other member of the guild in Bruma to be found, only to be given the same “backfiring spell” story he had told Jeanne. “Look, friend” Sal said, placing a hand on Volanaro's arm as he turned away, the faint green glow of a charm spell virtually indetectable against Volanaro's green brocade jacket, “you and I both know that you could find J'skar in a second, unless no one here can cast detect life. What's the real reason J'skar can't be found?” Volanaro looked at him for a second, his eyes slightly unfocused as if trying to figure something out, before shrugging slightly. “Heh, I guess you're right. Tell you what, you do me a favour, and I'll help you find J'skar. But you can't tell Jeanne about it. Deal?” Sal nodded, knowing he didn't really have a choice. Even if he could find J'skar, he didn't have the skill in mysticism to dispel whatever had made J'skar disappear. “That's the spirit! You'll love this. I'll teach you a simple spell for unlocking things, then you sneak up to Jeanne's room, and take her Manual of Spellcraft from her desk and bring it to me.”

Since Jeanne's room was the only one upstairs, it was easy for Sal to sneak in unnoticed, while Jeanne was busy practising her summon scamp spell. The lock on her desk yielded to the spell Volanaro had taught him, and a few minutes later he handed the book to Volanaro, who was in his room downstairs. Volanaro told him to come back after 10pm to find J'skar, so Sal spent the day practising his magics, reluctant to leave the relative warmth of the guildhall. As the apointed hour arrived he made his way down to Volanaro's room. No sooner had he entered than Volanaro closed the door behind him, then hurled a spell at the centre of the room, which struck something invisible and revealed it to be a Khajiit, J'skar, who hurried off to present himself to Jeanne, telling her how Sal had helped him. Jeanne clearly didn't accept his explanation, but wrote Sal's recommendation anyway, if only to get him out of the guildhall and away from Volanaro and J'skar. As the hour was late, Sal returned to his room at the Jerall View and turned in for the night.


And here's a gratuitous pic: http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y429/Callidus_Thorn/LookingoodSal_zps9b25a92d.jpg

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Nov 12 2013, 02:05 AM

Everybody does that quest a little differently, I have noticed.

Posted by: Grits Nov 16 2013, 01:58 PM

Yep, that’s Maigrets’ sweet (and huge) Rosie. Flash (Prior Maborel’s Paint) still lives at Weynon Priory in this game. I want very much to put Kvatch Rebuilt into Jerric’s world and there’s little news to be found on its status. I don’t want to start the MQ and find out I’ve screwed something up after a new version comes out (I can hope) or even the old one made available again. In the meantime Jerric found Flash a doggie companion. smile.gif

Rosie will fight to defend her friends, as Jerric discovered at the Bloated Float when he decked the orc bouncer for mouthing off to him. He was already not a fan of the Float due to his history there, and then Ormil only had one bottle of ale for sale. So they ate and drank the Float’s only provisions (one bottle of ale, one wedge of cheese, and a carrot), and prepared to leave. Abiene wanted to see the waterfront from the bow so they went out for http://i.imgur.com/nEa7Pjn.png. Then on the way out the orc told Jerric, “I’ve killed far worse than you.”

Good call on the shirt, KC. It didn’t make it through the fight. Jerric punched the orc, and it was on. Rosie, Darnand, and Lil jumped Ormil. Grits panicked thinking about dead NPCs since these two are not essential. The orc disappeared and Ormil inexplicably stopped fighting. No guards came.

They took a few minutes looking for the orc’s body so Abiene could attempt a healing, but it was nowhere to be found. Jerric stepped outside to surrender to the guards that he imagined must be amassing to storm the Float and bring him to justice. However outside all was calm. A beggar came up and asked for a coin. Abiene stayed inside the tavern.

So they stood around for a few minutes waiting to see what would happen. Nothing. They went back inside.

The orc was in there acting like nothing had happened. Best I can guess is he ran away. Ormil offered his customary greeting. Abiene must have been in there talking to him while the others were cooling off outside. She also may have retreated to a lower part of the boat during the fight. Who knows, there was a lot of fist and dog flying around in there. Also Darnand and Lil were both using touch Absorb Health spells on Ormil since Jerric had Lil’s weapons, so it was pretty foggy during the brawl. I can’t believe they didn’t kill him!

They left for good this time. Jerric put on a shirt and they headed away from the city. Rather mysteriously Abiene requested they stay at Pell’s Gate for the night rather than Weye. So they slept on the floor at The Sleeping Mare and headed back toward Anvil at dawn.

The Pell’s Gate folk get up early. Here http://i.imgur.com/TOPsdRq.png assures them that the Kvatch incident will surely not repeat itself elsewhere. Jerric did not want to talk about that subject.

I anticipate a peaceful journey home, but one never knows. Jerric is worn out from this trip. I think it’s Abiene. He knows what Darnand and Lil will do in various situations, but whenever things occur he’s looking over his shoulder to check on the healer rather than doing what comes naturally. Plus he’s worried he’ll cut her in half when she runs up to heal him. Maybe he’ll come back from his next trip with a petite set of healer plate armor. tongue.gif

Posted by: Acadian Nov 16 2013, 03:20 PM

Grits, the gang looks great! I'm so glad that Rosie is fitting in. I see what you mean in her screens that she is big! Hopefully that means she can help warm the inside of a tent and won't get squashed when Jerric rolls over at night. biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Nov 17 2013, 10:25 PM

Awesome, thanks for sharing, Gritsy. Love those outfits!


Posted by: SubRosa Nov 17 2013, 11:31 PM

Sounds like great (and confusing) fun on the Bloated Float! I have to admit that whenever I see the name Rosie, I think of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:We_Can_Do_It!.jpg

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 1 2013, 08:04 PM

Rosie rules! I couldn't imagine growing up during those times, but on the other hand, those times also brought people together in a way, and sometimes forced them to take on roles they weren't planning on.

And so here's somebody who's had to take on many different roles.

Kahreem of Weet

Class: Thief
Rank: Bandit
Level: 5
Age: 19
Bdate: Hearthfire 3, Year 314

Bounty: 90
Gold Carried: 114
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Skills: Literacy, Blunt Weapons, Shield, Horsemanship, Running, Thief


Morndas 12:44 am
Sun's Dusk 12, 3E 433



The night is clear, the skies full of twinkling stars. as Kahreem of Weet walks his horse slowly (and finally) towards Bravil.

"Seventeen days!" he says, after counting backwards in his mind. "Seventeen days I was in that ... stinking town!"

He rides without incident, past a lodge (which is locked with a 4-tumbler, Kahreem discovers), and a small hamlet by the riverside. The thief ponders trying the doors in this hamlet, but then discards the idea.

"All they got in there is some corn and food and some cheap weapons. No, I'm looking to plunder the BIG score! The castle! .. Maybe when I get back to--"

Suddenly he stops. A figure is in the road. The figure is dark, but definitely man-sized. As Kahreem squints, he notices the figure's got a tail. And he (or she) is aiming a bow in his direction.

"To arms! TO ARMS!" shouts the Khajiit bandit aiming the bow. He fires an arrow, hitting Kahreem's stolen bay horse.

"I used to be one of you, you know!' Kahreem tries to reason. "Much better living in the cities!"

"ARRGH!" plunk!

"Okay, now THAT was not necessary. You are going DOWN bandit!"

As Kahreem unhoists his club and rushes forth, the bandit swaps his bow for a daggar. "HUH!" swip swip swip swip! the bandit swipes at Kahreem four times in a row, and misses all four times. In return, Kahreem gathers all his strength, and BASHES the bandit with his club.

"Much better living in the cities!" he says calmly as the fight ensues. "You should try it. Put down your weapon, and join me."

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/1ddd756e-72fe-4cd4-afb2-6316a54a82b1_zpsa4666a2a.jpg.html


But the bandit will have none of that! He swipes and swipes at the Weet Bandit over and over, missing much more often than hitting and injuring. "A-hahaha haaaa! You moooove like a pregnant cow!" He stabs Kahreem right in his abdomen, causing him to stagger backwards. "I am a pregnant cow, huh?" the Weet Bandit smashes the bandit once again with one of his power-swings, and follows this up with three club-bashes in a quick succession. "Hmm Humm OOOF!"

... the bandit falls dead.

"I am a pregnant cow, perhaps, but I am a pregnant cow who is at least still alive".

The Weet Bandit then loots the fallen bandit's body, and finds a much-needed lockpick.

"You should have joined me, sire. Did I not offer this very prospect five minutes ago? Now look at ya."

@----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @-----

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/5192fb55-f3c1-44b9-b72d-2860fc763d4d_zpsc4e0df17.jpg.html


4:45 am
Kahreem finds lots of things to pick (mushrooms, flowers, herbs) on his journey. Although he is not sure exactly what they are used for, he's seen these sort of items for sale in the towns often enough that he knows he can make a few extra gold selling them. Eventually the sky lightens, and another day begins.

12:28 pm
His slow-paced stroll through the forest is interrupted by a lone wolf. As Kahreem gallops his stolen, unnamed bay a full-pace, a second wolf joins the first. As he makes his way towards the bridge fording the stream on Bravil's west side, a third wolf joins the initial two!

"Lovely day, isn't it?" ...asks one of Bravil's finest, as he shifts from one foot to the next.

"If you're looking to buy a horse, go inside and --LOOK OUT!"

Antoine Branck suddenly unhooks his war axe, while the guard draws his sword of silver. As both men fight the trio of wolves, Kahreem slyly rides his stolen bay past the melee, and dismounts in an area he hopes will be safe. A wolf manages to slip by the two men, and begins to attack Kahreem's horse, but by the time the guard has finishes off his opponent, he is able to help the Redguard with his.

"FORRR THE EMPIRE!"

...the guard roars, making Kahreem momentarily giggle. Kahreem was hopeful that the sudden activity of predatory animals he's brought to town will have distracted this guard, and is not disappointed when the guard does not notice the man who slips by him on the bridge. It is the same man who (1) broke into the Bravil Castle, (2) broke into Leyawiin's castle, (3) has tried (and will try) to break into every castle he can find, and most of all (4) has been accused of stealing a ring belonging to Countess Alessia Caro.

Kahreem of Weet safely enters Bravil.

@----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @----- @-----


Morndas, 2:17 PM
Once inside The Fair Deal, Bravil's general store, Kahreem sells all the ingredients he's picked, and winds up increasing his overall gold. He then makes sure to buy all of the cheap clothing she sells, including a fishing wader's suit. With disguise now a top priority in his everyday life, it's going to be important to change his appearance often.

He also has his gear repaired at An Archer's Paradox before heading off to The Lonely Suitor Lodge, where he hopes to meet up with S'Krivva, his Khajiit contact for the Thieves Guild. But he meets somebody else entirely.

"Is this business or pleasure?" asks a fine-looking Breton female. She is standing behind the bar, so Kahreem mistakenly thinks she is a bartender.

"Got any Cheap Wine?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Uh... what do I want to know?"

"The Doyan are the hands and eyes of the guildmaster. You taker your orders from them. You get your favors from them. The current Doyen are Armand Christophe and S'krivva," she finishes.

"You ... you are Thieves Guild?"

"Armand Christoplhe and S'kriva have special arrangements with the guards and judges throughout Cyrodiil," the lady, Luciana Galena says with a wink. "They can make all your outstanding warrants go away, for only half the price of the fines."

After several minutes of conversation, Kahreem gets the hint. This comely lady, her skin so pure and pale, is in fact Thieves Guild. Not only this, but she's a http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Luciana_Galena Kahreem cannot believe his luck.

"So you are ... a 'bartender', eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge?"

"We'll see", Luciana says cautiously.

"Well you'se the finest looking bartender I ever did see!"

"Sorry. I don't get it," she answers. She gives the Weet Bandit a quick glare as she does so, hoping the stupid Redguard who's just entered the Lonely Suitor won't blow her cover.

"Hair as dark as chestnut, eyes as deeply-green as emeralds, and skin which is so delicate and white, just like porcelain. How about you and me check out my new flat. It's located right here in town."

"Don't waste your flattery on me!"

"I am sorry. Perhaps I may have been too quick with the come-ons. My name is Darnand," he says with a wink of his own. "I'm new in town. As you can see, I am dressed like an adventurer. That's because I am one. So pleased to make thine acquaintance, melady."

"I won't fight you," Galena answers, glad this 'Darnand' is finally getting her need for discretion through his skull.

"Why just the other day, I was attacked by a band of wolves. Three of them, in fact," he says, showing her his bloody-crusted club. "Well I took them down, one by one, while a wimpy guard and stablehand stood nearby and watched."

"Most impressive, I salute you!"

"Well, I'll be stopping by for more .. wine, and you'll be seeing plenty of me in this establishment. Take care!"

"Ohh I get it!" she says with a careless laugh, pretending to play along with him, while sliding him an empty bottle.

And this is how Kahreem of Weet met Luciana Galena, his second Thieves Guild fence.

Posted by: Callidus Thorn Dec 3 2013, 01:54 PM

Heh, love the conversation between Kahreem and Luciana. "So you are ... a 'bartender', eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge" rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Well, since I've written this, might as well post it. I'll probably be back later with a second update.


The Imperial City, 3E 433, The Bloated Float

The tavern was busy, it was late afternoon, so the dockrats had started turning up, drinking away the aches of the days labour. Two Altmer are sat at the bar, each on opposite sides. One of them is Ormil, the owner, and the other is a Spellsword called Telindil, who arrived be ship that same afternoon.


“So what brings you to Cyrodiil?” Ormil asked Telindil, glad of another Altmer to talk to.

“Business and bureaucracy. I'm a freelance Spellsword, a mercenary, and since Traven reorganised the guild I've been told I need to reapply to get my certification back.”

“Your certification?” Ormil was confused by this. He knew Traven had made some changes, like the ban on necromancy, but this hadn't been covered by rumour or the Black Horse Courier.

“The guild's way of keeping track of freelance magic users. You need to be able to show basic proficiency in the schools of magic you employ, prove that you can use them safely, but you're not actually part of the guild. Well Traven put a stop to all that, and revoked the certification of everyone not a member of the Mages Guild. So I've come to Cyrodiil to find out what I need to do, since my local guildhall said that's what I needed to do, only to be told that I need to sign up to the Mages Guild if I want to practise magic legally.” Telindil shook his head and drank deeply from his tankard, the cool ale doing little to quench his anger.

“That seems rather excessive. I could understand him requesting that everyone reapply for certification if he'd made some changes to what was required, but this? It makes no sense.”

“Well they say that Traven's paranoid, convinced that Necromancers are plotting to attack the guild, or so they say, and that he wants every magic user under his command or in shackles.”

“But the-” Ormil never got to finish his sentence.

“Barkeep!” a voice roared out from behind Telindil, “Your finest ale, and be quick about it.”

Telindil groaned inwardly. He knew that voice. Casamir Lanier, a Breton. The two of them were in the same profession, and were apparently now in the same boat, literally and figuratively. Ormil scurried off, tankard in hand, and Telindil braced for the inevitable. He and Casamir had crossed paths more than a few times over the years, and never without a fight. And by the sounds of things, Casamir was already deep into his cups. This would not end well.

“What's that I see over there?! Lindy? Is that you, you goblin-fondling son of a swine?”

This time Telindil didn't bother keeping his groan inside.

“I still owe you for that last run-in, back in Hammerfell. You damn near crippled me, you bastard.” This was followed by the sound of a blade being drawn, and for a moment the whole tavern was silent, the only noise the creaking of the hull. Then the tension shattered as one of the patrons, a young Imperial woman, ran for the door, screaming for the guards. No sooner had she left than the rest of the patrons, Ormil and the Orc bouncer along with them, fled. Telindil turned to face the Breton, and no sooner had he done so than Casamir threw his first spell, a fireball. Telindil caught it on a fire shield spell, and the duel began in earnest. Fireballs hurtled back and forth, lightning bolts tore through the air, and radiant orbs of frost froze everything they touched. Magic was gathered and hurled, only to splash or ricochet off armour reinforced by defensive spells, and the force of their battle wreaked havoc on the tavern. Half the tables were frozen into a semi-solid mass to one side, the walls were covered by the crazed burn marks of lightning, and the bar was blazing merrily.

Telindil knew he was in trouble. Casamir wasn't half as drunk as he'd first appeared, and his innate Breton resistance to magic kept the worst of Telindil's spells from him. Meanwhile Telindil was being stung by every spell Casamir threw, his Altmer heritage working against him, even through his defensive spells. He knew he had to end this fight, while he still could. Batting aside an orb of frost with his blade, he charged Casamir, and the next phase of the duel began. Telindil wore only light armour of Mithril, rather than the heavy Dwemer-forged steel plates favoured by Casamir, so he was more agile than the Breton. The two danced around each other, Casamir's armour clanking with every step, their blades beating a furious tattoo as they battled. The two combatants forgot about offensive magic, instead reinforcing their shield spells whenever they could, and here Telindil had the advantage. His blade carried an enchantment of dispel, though the enchantments on Casamir's armour meant he was still the better protected. Telindil began to grow desperate. He might have been better with both blade and magic, but Casamir's defences were near impenetrable.

And in his desperation, an idea took hold. As their blades met once more, Telindil brought his free hand up before Casamir's face, and conjured the brightest light he could, shutting his eyes just before the brief flash of light. Casamir staggered backwards, blinking furiously and waving his sword blindly and his other arm waving frantically as he fought to keep his feet and clear his sight. Telindil dodged the blade and drove his sword deep into Casamir's side, piercing one of the few points he was vulnerable, under his arms. Casamir roared with pain, and swung his own sword with what remained of his fast-fading strength, burying it in Telindil's side. Both collapsed to the floor, and that was how the guards found them.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 4 2013, 11:44 PM

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 3 2013, 07:54 AM) *

Heh, love the conversation between Kahreem and Luciana. "So you are ... a 'bartender', eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge" rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif


That comes from an old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc.

QUOTE
Well, since I've written this, might as well post it. I'll probably be back later with a second update.


Awesome. smile.gif Always glad to have more words from you, CT.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 8 2013, 04:08 PM

Here is more from my Redguard Thief...

He just returned to Bravil, spent the night in City Swimmer's apartment, and is now going to seek S'krivva. Let's see what happens! unsure.gif

Tirdas 5:25 pm
Sun's Dusk 13, 3rd Era 433


Days Passed: 79
Bounty: 90

The sky is so dark and rainy as Kahreem of Weet emerges from the flat recently-owned by City Swimmer, he almost thinks it's nighttime outside. But after some time, he realizes it is still day-time.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/de1c1f18-e73b-41ee-a0fb-db013b7d22e3_zps9ffa3975.jpg.html

"And so begins the quest for S'krivva the fur-ball thief. May she not be so fokkinge difficult to locate".

But he does not need fret. Wearing tan clothes and stolen deer's hide shoes, he runs quickly through Bravil's muddy streets, and is greeted by the very lady he is looking to find.

"May the blessing of the Fox be upon you..." says S'krivva soon after Kahreem opens the Lonely Suitor Lodge's door.

"Blessing of the FOX? Hey, I'm just here for some Cheap Wine, and a beer to chase it down," he says, somewhat annoyed that she speaks so plainly in full view of other patrons.

"You have returned?" she asks.

"Shhh! keep your voice down. Yes I have returned furry one, and guess what? I found that stupid fokkinge ring, and returned it to its rightful owner. I think. I do not really know. Countess Caro is after me though, THAT much I am sure of," he whispers. "All thanks to some shoddy Argonian thief who can't keep a damn ring hidden away."

"Good work! You are truly an asset to the guild. I will make sure the Gray Fox himself hears about this. I am promoting yooo tooo Prowler. Congratulations."

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/f787ea17-7942-4623-8e9d-ef71e215a2e0_zps8a2e5c88.jpg.html


With this, she hands him 200 gold in a small leather sack. Just like that. Kahreem is so shocked by this action, he cannot even reply. He knows who he is going to speak to next, but before he does, S'krivva the Doyen speaks first.

"I have a small problem that you may be able to help with. The guild will even pay a reward."

"The guild, you say? You speak of the Fighter's Guild, of course?" he says a little too loudly. "And certainly not the Thieves Guild, which is reputed not to exist anyways."

"That buffoon, Hieronymus Lex, has invaded the Imperial City Waterfront. Imperial Watch guards from all over the city prowl the streets," says S'krivva as she flattens her ears, her eyes glowering.

"You don't say. And how is a ... umm ... Fighter's Guild associate such as myself needed to correct the situation?"

"Hieronymus Lex has vowed not to leeave until the Gray Fox is in custody. The Fox is safe, but the Thieves Guild cannot do business like this."

"Ha ha ha, Thieves Guild? I think you mean to say Fighter's Guild!" says Kahreem. "Well what you want me to do? I've got this big, smelly club at my side."

"The poor of the Waterfront are kindred to the Gray Fox, and will not betray him," S'krivva says, ignoring the Redguard. "However, cubs soon get hungry. Soon someone will break. Many guild members could be jailed. Find Methredhel in the Imperial City. She is coordinating the guild's response."

"Ah, Methredhel, the Fighter's Guild Chapter's Guardian in the Imperial City," Kahreem says, unaware that this guild does not actually have an active house in the City itself. "I shall seeketh her out. ORC? ... A couple of drinks for fur-ball here!" he calls to the bartender. "May the Fighter's Guild rise and champion in Cyrodiil, forever!"

"Shadow hide the hunter," says S'krivva.

"'Shadow hide the hunter?' Huh, funny one that! That's exactly something a Thieves Guild member might say!" he says, inwardly cursing the stupid Khajiit for speaking so plainly. "Well, I'll be on my way, then. And Shadow hide your hunter, too. Or whatever the phrase is!"

Kahreem sits down to peel an orange, expecting at any moment the place will be invaded by a hoarde of guards saying "IT'S ALL OVER LAWBREAKER!".

But this does not happen.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 14 2013, 10:38 PM

Name: Kahreem of Weet

Days Passed: 82

Thieves Guild Rank: Prowler
Fame: 0
Imfamy: 9

Karheem the Redguard Thief makes his way back onto the Imperial City's Waterfront District. The sky is dark and rainy, and he's ready to return to his home: the Marie Elena. Before he can do so, he is suddenly chased by a single Imperial Battlemage, as he moves past the lighthouse in the middle of the Waterfront's common area. Luckily for him, he's on a bay horse at the time. Kahreem panics and does not slow for this single man, however. Instead he picks up his pace, riding his stolen bay horse to the right on the Waterfront's cobblestone causeway, and then hiding it around a corner. As he dismounts his horse, and crouches down in sneak-position, Kahreem is ready to drop some of the stolen stuff he is wearing and carrying: a set of steel gauntlets, an expensive ring*, and a cheap green shirt.

"Hmm. But wait a minute. Why didn't that other guard also come after me?"

Kahreem realizes he passed by a second guard during his panic; this one a regular Waterfront guard, and the second guard merely watched Kahreem pass, without seeming alerted by the man on the stolen horse, the same man wanted in Cheydinhal for the theft of the Bust of Llathasa, and in Leyawiin for the theft of Countess Caro's ring.

"Yeah, that's it," Kahreem says to himself. There's some sort of commotion or ruckus or something. That's what S'krivva told me down in Bravil. The guards are all over the place, looking for that fokkinge Gray fox."

Once he realizes this, the Thief walks casually back to his ship, stands in front of its door

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0456ec2c-bb84-4454-b474-86770ec9f8fc_zpsf409e12c.jpg.html

...and makes his way inside. Where it's safe and warm, and lots of food has been recently-stocked.

"Who the fokke keeps stocking this food? ANYBODY HERE?"

...but of course, nobody answers. After a quick inspection of his ship's upper cabin area, Kahreem makes his way down below, where he sleeps on a cot in the Marie Elena's lower galley.

*


][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][



Fredas, 8:28 am, Sun's Dusk 16
The Redguard awakes early (for him), finds a sack where he stores many of his things, removes the clothes he slept in, and stores them in the sack. He then finds a middle class-styled outfit, and makes his way to the upper deck. He is hoping that (once again) his change in clothes will deter anybody who happens to be looking for him.

As he makes his way on to the Marie Elena's deck though, there's yet another Battlemage standing by! Kahreem says nothing, instead he starts to pick and eat some of the grapes he found in the Captain's Deck the previous night. "The Gray Fox is hiding nearby!" says the Battlemage imposingly, "What do YOU know about him?"

"Me? Hey, I'm just a winery bottler, come from Skingrad. I'm here to test the Imperial City's latest breed of grapes. Mmm. Tastes mighty fine! Almost as good as the Cheap W-- um... I mean to say almost as good as a bottle of Surilie's. That's what I mean to say."

After a moment had passed, the Battlemage grows disinterested of the bumbling Redguard with the grapes in his hand. "Move along citizen" he says, hoping to insert a bit of threat into his voice.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/fb9fba91-0481-445b-8514-985c7cc3df64_zps878ca7d6.jpg.html

"Phew!" says the Redguard as the Battlemage rushes off the ship. "Well, off I go to see Lady Methredhel, I guess." and with this, he stalks off towards the Waterfront's poorest shacks.

9:09 AM
Hieronymus Lex, the same guard in the shiny armor Kahreem encountered some weeks before, happens to be leading the investigation into the Gray Fox's capture. "I have nothing to say to you" he says to Kahreem as he walks by, not realizing who the Redguard actually is.

"Well that makes two of us," the Redguard mutters without making eye-contact.

First, Kahreem winds up walking into Myvryna Arano's unlocked shack, where an orc stands inside. The Redguard initially thinks the orc will shoo him away, but this does not happen. Instead, the orc says...

"The Imperial Watch has imposed a curfew. We have to remain in our homes until they catch the Gray Fox."

"The Gray Fox? I've heard the man can speak a hundred tongues, and that he walks in a thousand shadows. He will remain a mystery, 'tis of my thinking," Kahreem says, hoping to sound well-read, well-rounded, and classy. "But this is not any of my concern. Pleased to meet you. My name is Lex. I'm a wine bottler from Skingrad, come to bottle some wine."

At this, the orc continues to stare at Kahreem.

"My point, ahh, yes. Time is of the essence, as they say. Might I ask the whereabouts of Lady Methredhel? .. I have heard she's got a talent for .... uh.... growing grapes, does she not? The Surilie brothers of Skingrad would like very much to offer her a job, if she does not mind a re-locating from these very premises."

"The Imperial Watch has imposed a curfew...." repeats the orc, apparently too afraid of the guard's presence outside to relay anything else. "WE have to remain in our--"

"Yeah, I get it. I get it, you don't know where she fokkinge is," he says, dropping his 'well-rounded' accent in a flash. This orc before him is useless in his quest. "I'll be on my way, then."

Kahreem walks back outside, slamming the door. "Fokke. Perhaps I can find a beggar who will tell me where she is. But I don't want to be out here all day sussing her out; I wanna gamble! The Imperial City's gambling at the Arena awaits."

11:15 AM

"I have an arrest warrant for the Gray Fox. Do you know where he is?"

"Well, she's not in that house, sir. There's some frightened orc in there, but no Gray Fox. I'll keep looking though! Hope you catch the bastard soon, and string him up like a puppet."

The guard says nothing, not realizing who he speaks to, apparently. Again, Kahreem is flabbergasted by the way the guards are conducting their investigation. Once again, they seem to be running in circles, asking anybody who's nearby for help, seemingly helpless to further their efforts in any other way.

"No sign of the Gray Fox!" a guard reports to Hieronymus Lex.
"Carry on, soldier!" Lex answers the guard, eradicating any hope that this guard might soon get a break.

Kahreem eventually remembers that Methredhel has her own shack here on the Waterfront, finds it locked with a 2-tumbler, and makes his way inside, where he finds two ladies nervously fretting about the shack's straw-littered floor.

"I hope the Imperials are done with their investigation soon," says one lady to the other. This lady has short-cropped hair. The second lady has a fuller head of blonde hair, and it is she who walks towards Kahreem first. Kahreem assumes this is Methredhel.

"Uh.. I uh... the door was unlocked. I swear!"

"The Imperial Watch has imposed a curfew!" this lady, an elf, replies. "We have to remain indoors until they catch the Gray Fox."

After a few moments of fumbling conversation, Karheem realizes the lady whom he speaks to must not be Methredhel, and walks back outside.

"Fokke!!!" he says to the sunny day before him. "Cannot find the wench, can I?"


][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][


4:15 PM

"Ahh finally," he says later on, as he strolls through the city's Temple District. "A beggar! How fares thee beggar?"

"I'm only askin' fer enough to feed me kids," the female beggar says. After a bit of awkward conversation, Kahreem learns she's known as Ragbag Buntara.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0f604dfc-2594-49cc-a91c-090bd060320e_zps28d4f3af.jpg.html

"Ragbag, eh? Funny name, that, what were your parents thinking, anyways? My name's Lex, I'm named after Lexius Infinitus, the famous maker of upscale carts and chariots, although my profession is nothing such. I bottle grapes for the Surilie brothers, and am currently on a quest to suss out the best talent for grape-growing in all Cyrodiil."

"Say what you are going to say," threatens the beggar impatiently.

"Ah yes. I apologize; all those grapes tend to make a man a bit long-winded at times!" Kahreem boasts.

"I won't fight you."

"Good. Now that we've got that settled, have a coin Rugbug. I mean Ragbag." *clink!*

"Thank you, kind sir!"

"Yeah yeah, whate'er. It's just a damn fokkinge coin, beggar. Plenty more where that came from. "

"Haa ha, I get it!" the beggar brightens up, apparently not taking the Lex the Redguard's pettiness seriously.

"Methredhel. Where is she? The Surilie brothers, whom I am sure you know of quite fondly, being no doubt a grape-drinking beggar, are offering her a job, you see. I am to locate the woman, and bring her back to Skingrad, where she's got a prosperous and long career in grape-tending ahead of her, assuming she wants it."

"What's it worth to you?" says Miss Buntara, going from bright to serious in a flash.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, always about the fokkinge Septims, is it not? Have some coins, beggar," he says, handing 15 of them over.

"She's hiding in Dynari Amnis's house in the Talos Plaza district," the beggar says, now speaking in a more cultured tone of voice. "She's one of the few that escaped when Lex invaded the Waterfront."

"See, now was that so hard? Hey, I just want you to know that the 15 ... excuse me ... 16 Septims, the sum of which I just handed to you, is about a week's worth of pay out there in the vineyards. I'll be watching you. You'd better spend it on your so-called 'kids', ya hear?"

"Blessings of Akatosh upon ye."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say", Kahreem says, walking briskly away. "Now where are you, Miss Methredhel? Times a'wasting" he says, debating whether or not to call off his search for the Thieves Guild elf for some good old-fashioned gambling at the Arena.

Posted by: mirocu Dec 14 2013, 11:32 PM

Loved the Kahreem updates, Renee! His conversations are a hoot! biggrin.gif

Also, very nice pixies smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 14 2013, 11:59 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 14 2013, 05:32 PM) *

Loved the Kahreem updates, Renee! His conversations are a hoot! biggrin.gif

Also, very nice pixies smile.gif


Aww. thanks man. I am still writing the one up above. It's one of my 'live' roleplays. smile.gif Kahreem is trying to find Methredhel at the moment.



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Dec 21 2013, 10:12 PM

Fredas 5:42 pm, Sun's Dusk 16, 3rd Era 433

Days Passed: 82
Days Jailed: 17
Bounty: 90

Fame: 0
Infamy: 9

"Dynari Amnis's House", he reads as he finds the door where his sneaky contact is hidden. "Very clever, hiding out in a rich person's home", says the Kahreem of Weet. "I admire that!"

Kahreem enters the home, closing behind him a sunny, pleasant afternoon. Inside, he finds a typical Talos Plaza domicile of marbles and tiles, but is surprised to find some of the furnishings aren't quite so elegant as he expected. He spies Methredhel the wood elf Pickpocket sitting about halfway across the room, while a second Bosmer stands immediately before him.

"I have heard that two of the jobs were successful", says the standing Bosmer "The plan should work with the Shadow's blessing", she says to Methredhel.

"Ahem. Hello. My name's Kahreem, says the Redguard, using his real name for once. "I've come for the pot roast. Naw, just kidding. I'm here because the Grey Fox has sent me here."

"I'm busy now, you need to talk to Methredhel!"

"Oh. Parrrdon me, then. You're too busy to talk. Say no more."

Kahreem walks across the room, where he hopes for a more hospitable greeting from the lady of the hour.

"Welcome to my hideout".

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/c0f18a73-7b58-4b36-a9b3-481da6f8d2f1_zpsc865c40d.jpg.html

"Methredhel," Kahreem says with a grin. "I've been looking all over for you. Smart choice hiding out in here. Everyone thinks thieves only stay on the Waterfront."

"It's good to see you!" Methredhel gushes.

"MM hmm. That's because I'm Kahreem the Weet Bandit. I'm handsome, I'm sly. Look at me, but you might not find me."

"Good one!"

"Now, about the ... grey-colored animal. What have you to say?"

"I didn't think much about him when I first joined the Thieves Guild," the elf admits. "Lately I've been hearing odd things though. The Gray Cowl he wears was stolen from Nocturnal herself! Can you imagine having the nerve to steal from a Daedric Lord?"

"Whoa. You have seen him? .. Well listen, the Waterfront's a mess, skooma sales are down, and I can't even exit my own fokkinge home without a damn Imperial guard running around on my deck!"

"These are foul times for us. Armand is under house arrest, again. Our business in the Waterfront is totally shut down.

"So you noticed. And?"

"We need to get Hieronymus Lex to lift his siege. I have put together a plan," she says, her pouty lips smiling grandly. Youuuu and four other operatives will stage high profile thefts, all at the same time. Hopefully that will force Lex to reassign the Watchman."

"Hey, that's not bad! That's actually rather smart!"

"Your target is the Arcane University. We've had our eye on Hrormir's Staff for some time, but have been waiting for the wizards to be distracted. This si the perfect time. Will you help us?

"You're fokkinge right I will!.. Breaki into a wizard's school and get my hands on some magic stuff, YES for Oblivion's sake!"

"I knew the Gray Fox could count on you. The staff is in the Archmage's room. He sleeps between the one and seven in the morning. Take this note. Leave it in his nightstand. Bring me the staff when you get it."

As Kahreem leaves the two Bosmer to continue their hiding, he spontaneously thinks of a bold plan.

"We need to get Lex out of the Waterfront", calls Dynari as the Redguard closes the door. "He's a stubborn fetcha!"


--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o


8:40 pm

"Hail" says an older lady in a soft voice as Kahreem walks towards Divine Elegance. Kahreem does not know her name, but he thinks she's the owner of this clothing store.

"Rats. Closed up for the night," the Redguard curses aloud. "Hey, where can a man get some clothes at this hour?" He looks to Palonira mockingly, but she's not giving in. Her day is over, and she is not returning to open her shop. "I forgot. It's night time."

A young man who's never held a real job in his life, Kahreem sometimes forgets that 'honest' people often keep to work schedules rather strictly. On the other hand, he gives himself a pat on the back for at least trying to do the right thing; spending actual gold in trade of goods instead of simply stealing them!

Realizing he's only got a handful of lockpicks in his man-satchel, he decides he'll pay Shady Sam a visit before breaking inside of Divine Elegance.

"My plan is gonna work, and it's gonna be GOOD! he says aloud, again.

"This had better be good!" an Imperial guard says, expecting some sort of answer. But the Redguard keeps walking away.

--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/168819fd-7ec9-46a3-9b2a-7763682f999b_zps769aa13b.jpg.html

Loredas, 12:45 AM
Several hours later, the Weet Bandit now crouches down before the door of Divine Elegance, a pouchfull of lockpicks now ready for action. He finds the shop's got a 4-tumbler lock, and steadies his nerves before trying the door. After just two attempts he breaks in. Unfortunttely, he does not find what he is looking for in the shop's lobby, but he does locate a pair of green sueded shoes, and ditches his tan loafers.

"If I'm going to blend in, I gotta look the part", he explains to the nearest wall.

He searches the cellar next, but the garment he seeks eludes him. Finally, he sneaks upstairs to the top floor (where Palonira sleeps). Here he trades his green shoes for some white ones! .. Although he still cannot find what he is looking for, he manages to trade his middle-class clothes for a set of black & gold matching top and bottom. With his white shoes, he thinks he looks too conspicuous, but keeps these clothes on, anyways. After changing clothes, Kahreem boldly discards his green, blue, and tan clothes, placing them carefully on Palonira's bed.

"O-ho-ho! The Weet Bandit has struck again."

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/84a38f41-37cd-4aaf-8115-ce8bb3859c1b_zps468719f0.jpg.html

--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o--0o


4:55 AM
It is a few hours later when Kahreem finally strikes gold in Rindir's Staffs. After looking atop a few counters, he finally locates the items he desires.

"Ha! NOW I look the part! Welcome to the Arcane University indeed!" he says aloud after donning a green mage's robe and hood.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/33d0f13e-94e2-48b1-9751-812ef6f021a3_zps78f3fc24.jpg.html


"Meet Ahrmmhayre the Great Sorcerer!" he says aloud.

At this, he cannot help but giggle, and lets his guard down a bit. After skulking upstairs and finding a surprising rack-full of Cheap Wine, 'Ahrmmhayre' is nearly caught by the shop's proprietor just after placing the last of eight bottles into his night sack.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/2a882690-8138-4704-9f63-f68ff5522bb3_zpscbfb4848.jpg.html

"I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE!" says Rindir the Bosmer.

"Oh. Where am I? Damn spell must have not worked! I was supposed to summon a bealestibub from my Arcane coven. Added a couple of minotaur hairs, chanted the sacred moistuff, and BANG. I wind up here? .. Mercy me! .. Well, I'll be out of your way in no time, elf! ..

"I'm WAITING!"

"Hmm", Kahreem pretends to be lost in thought. "Perhaps the minotaur's hair needs to be doused in flaxseed oil BEFORE the moment of the Castle-hoff. I'll have to try that next."

"THIS IS YO'RE LAST WARNING. GET OUT, OR I'LL COLLLL DA GAHHDS AND HAVE YOU ARRESTED!"

"My apologies, really. It was a boffed spell, nothing more. Should have this all cleared up in a flash, now that I know the proper formula," he says with a smile. "I am Aahrmhayre the Great!" he says, throwing his arms up and casting forth the only power he happens to know: His Redguard's Adrenaline spell.

As Kahreem leaves the shop Rindir's Staffs, he smiles and grins like the City is his.

Posted by: mirocu Dec 22 2013, 12:08 PM

Oh, how I love the Kahreem adventures! laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 10 2014, 11:37 PM

KAHREEM OF WEET

Days Passed: 83

The Weet Bandit giggles light-headedly as he makes his way back to the Marie Elena, his home. After attaining his goals in just a few hours, he's as happy as a thief in a goldsmith's coinpurse.


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0b684389-e3a3-4b3d-b791-88da047f29b3_zps08af199d.jpg.html


"What is it, citizen?" asks a guard, as Kahreem walks by with a slight sway.

"I am Aahrmhayre the Great! Captive Conjurer of the Mage's Guild, sir! Feel the presence of my magic!"

The guard looks dumbfounded for a moment, thinks a Redguard mage?, and then makes his way to his day's post, unknowing of the man who has just past.

Amazingly, Kahreem has pilfered SEVEN bottles of Cheap Wine, wears stolen mage's robes + hood, and the daffy-looking white shoes on his feet are also stolen. Yet this guard does not flinch. What a perfect disguise Kahreem marvels to himself. In no time, not only will I be granted access to the Arcane University itself, I will also be able to plunder its depths! ... Who knows what lies inside.

Kahreem leaves the Market District and enters the Elven Gardens as he swiftly makes his way home.

"This had better be good!" says another guard, challenging the Redguard to cast a spell, perhaps.

"And 'tis so, me-lord! I am Aahrmhayre the Great, prime sorcerer of the Arcane University! Watch me make this bottle of Cheap Wine disappear!"

As Kahreem gulps down his second bottle in as many hours, the guard feigns disgust, and moves on.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


Sun's Dusk 17, 3E433 8:55 am

"I have an arrest warrant for the Gray Fox, DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS?" asks yet another guard (an Imperial Battlemage, actually) as Kahreem approaches his ship.

"Yes, I search for this scoundrel, too," the Redguard 'mage' agrees. "When I find him, and oh, trust me I will find him, I shall cast a Beeletta so massive, and cause ripples of sanctricity with my fingertips, even Nocturnal herself shall quake in her domain. I am AAHRMHAYRE THE GREAT!" he calls to the entire Waterfront. "Fear my powers!"

He says this, raising his arms to cast a spell, and suddenly wishes that he could just do so. But nothing happens. "Just need to work up my powers, that is all! .. But never fear! Once I spend a day or so deep in contemplation, the Gray Fox will be mine. And I will collect the bounty upon his head," he promises.

Ironically, there are several battlemages present when me calls out these statements, all of whom could fry him in an instant, especially if they knew of his wrongdoings. Kahreem decides it's best to sneak off while the battlemages search the Waterfront endlessly. He crouches down, and sneaks onto his own ship, lest one of the guards mistake him for a different Redguard than the one who usually squats on the Marie Elena, somehow evading justice altogether.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


9:48 PM
Hours later he awakes, somewhat surprised when he looks down and sees what he's wearing. Then he remembers.

"Ahh yes. Off I go to enter the Mage's Guild! Actually, the very top of the Mage's Guild: The Arcane University! Hope I'm not too late." As he gulps down another bottle of wine to wake himself up, he starts looking forward to tonight's tasks. "She said something .. something about ... that I must be there by midnight?"

Kahreem cannot remember exactly. So before he can get too sauced with drink, he gets himself up fully, leaves the Marie Elena, and then finds the bay horse he stole months ago still waiting faithfully for him at the end of the dock. He waits until he is sure he will not be seen,

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/7018131c-dbe5-46fd-8b26-22f20484c705_zps613a4eb6.jpg.html

...mounts this steed, and then tries to make his way quickly to the Arcane University.

"THIEF! .. YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!"

"Ahh fokke!" says the Redguard.

"Well now, LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE", the guard says smugly. "Caught in the act and no gollld to pay your fine. It's off to the lockup, then!"

"Hah! Not if the Great Aahrmhayre has anything to say on that. Watch me disappear! YAAH"

He calls out to the horse below him, and quickly vanishes from the Waterfront within seconds. Behind him, the guards (battlemages and ordinary sentries) cast fireballs and shoot silver arrows. Not once do they make their target.

"Magic. That is your name, horse. Magic!" he says to the bay who now swims the small channel between the Waterfront and the Arcane University beyond. "Carry me to my destiny, magic!"

Kahreem realizes what's just happened though. As he climbs the hill going towards the University, he realizes he's probably now got a more serious bounty upon his head, and this means he can't just walk inside and not face arrest.

"Rats!"

He also realizes he's wearing stolen clothes. Carrying stolen items, and has one stolen bottle of Cheap Wine still in his nightsack. Under these circumstance, he simply CANNOT just walk inside, not face arrest, and also not have all his stolen goods confiscated.

"FOKKE!"

He comes up with yet another spontaneous plan, disrobing before the door going into the University itself, and moving all his stolen items to a spot just beside the cobblestone causeway. Down to his loincloths, Kahreem now braves the moment which is about to come.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


Sundas, 12:50 AM
...But as Kahreem passes through the door, expecting immediate questioning from at least one Imperial Battlemage, he is surprised to find that this does not happen. Matter of fact, there is nobody here to arrest, or even accost him!

"Amazing. My powers of telepathy have caused them all to vanish!"

Seeing his opportunity, but not wanting to waste time re-gathering his stolen belongings, the Weet Bandit decides he'll give it a go as-is: he will walk into the Arcane University in his loincloths and bare feet.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/103a0fe0-0739-47b9-a4df-b32934f0194f_zpse36ba601.jpg.html


"Hi there!" says a female elf as Kahreem enters the University's lobby. The female is wearing blue robes just like the ones Kahreem stole.

"I saw a mudcrab a couple of days ago," answers an Imperial male mage awkwardly. "Ugly little creatures."

"I avoid them whenever I can," answers the female.

Kahreem sneaks right by this pair somehow, and stands upon a glowing set of lights on the floor. As he does so, he curses himself, not realizing they might be able to see him. But they do not. As he reaches down upon the floor, he feels a rush of energy zing through his body wooooonnnn, and finds himself in another room. Before him stands an elderly mage wearing white robes. The man stands still for so long, apparently deep in thought, that Kahreem begins to wonder if he is real.

After awhile, he can't help but flinch, and the mage in the white robes sees him.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/fee98cee-a063-400c-8999-20aad729bfd5_zps853c84a5.jpg.html


"GET OUT OF HERE!" he calls out.

"'Scuse me sir, I seem to have gotten lost," says the Redguard in his loincloths. "Can ye spare a coin?"

"I'M WARNING YOU! GET OUT OR I'LL CALL THE GUARDS!"

"No worry, sir, I shall be on my way!"

Thinking that he has (somehow) become invincible in these last few hours, he feels no shame as he leaves the Arch Mage's dining room, re-enters the lobby, and manages to sneak by the female elf who still loiters this circular room. He leaves the Arch Mage's tower, makes his way back to the items he had just tossed aside, and re-dresses himself to look the part.

"Aahrmhayre the Great shall profit or perish!" he calls aloud as he re-enters the Arcane University.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


Sundas 2:40 AM
The 'mage' now enters the Arch Mage's Lobby for the third time, not bothering to sneak past the female elf, who now sits upon a pew, reading at this late hour. The male who was previously present is not here. Since Kahreem now wears the robes and hood of a Mage's Guild Apprentice, he feels full confidence as he walks by the elf.

"Hello, I see you!" the elf says in greeting.

"Ah. Milady. Might I bother you to know where to find the scamp's room?" Kahreem asks. "You know, the place where they surronuate the scamps with potent Z-magic? I promise not to regurzitate the Miskell, of course."

At this, the elf hasn't a clue what to say, and the Redguard can see this. Kahreem kicks himself mentally; of course she's a magician, and has no idea what he's talking about! She might see right though his little act if he keeps this up.

"Oh, my apologies. My mind's a bit frazzled. Cast a spell and read a scroll, and look at where the fokke I wound up. Well, many pardons, elf. I'll just make my way back to my domicile."

"Hail," she says calmly.

As Bothiel the elf turns away, Kahreem slyly slips into the Arch Mage's quarters once again. Where he is greeted by..

"I'm warning you! Get out or I'll call the guards!"

"Ah, but I am an Associate, just as you once were!" Kahreem explains to the white-robed mage. "The Arch Mage himself has requested that I retrieve a special token from his very room, all to help the guards who toil upon the Waterfront in search of the Gray Fox find the menace!"

And before the white-robed mage can retort in any way, Kahreem moves quickly towards a second circular area of lighted floor. He does not know what this area is called, but he knows how to use it by now. And before Irlav Jarol can make good on his promise, the Weet Bandit finds himself in the Arch Mage's Bedroom in flash!

"Ha! I cannot believe it! It worked!" he whispers as he finds himself at the sleeping body of one of the most powerful men in Cyrodiil.

"Now, to get that staff!"

Posted by: mirocu Jan 11 2014, 09:17 AM

All the things he has to go through and not once does he give up! biggrin.gif

Thanks for another update, Renee! Been waiting for this one! wink.gif

Posted by: Grits Jan 11 2014, 01:43 PM

Kahreem’s antics as “Aahrmhayre the Great” are my favorite so far. This guy is hilarious. And he never quits!

Posted by: Vital Jan 12 2014, 12:27 AM

Just started reading Kahreem's adventures. He's hilarious! Love his dialogue biggrin.gif

All these oblivion posts are making me want to give the game another playthrough. Maybe I will....

Posted by: mirocu Jan 12 2014, 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 12 2014, 12:27 AM) *

Just started reading Kahreem's adventures. He's hilarious! Love his dialogue biggrin.gif

The dialogues are the best! biggrin.gif


Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 14 2014, 12:17 AM

Awesome, thanks folks! Feel free to add any Oblivion stories (with spoilers) if you ever wish. Vital if you really want to get hardcore with Kahreem, unfortunately you'll have to go to http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1408367-character-updates-1/?hl=%2Bcharacter+%2Bupdates. That's where his earliest stories started. I didn't start posting him here at Chorrol until later, and never got around to transferring all his earlier stories. I think I should probably do so eventually because Beth has a policy of 'purging' old threads, which means they get erased. There's a fellow over there named Bobg who had his entire fanfic story purged. mad.gif Gone! Scary though, eh?

Yeah, Kahreem's a cracker. I gotta do his horoscope one of these days, but I've been saying that for years now.

Posted by: Vital Jan 14 2014, 12:43 AM

Well then, it's off to bethsoft for me...

I've only spent a little bit of time reading threads over there, but from what I've seen and heard, it's not the friendliest place...

Soon I'll start a new character in Oblivion, just have to come up with one first...

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 14 2014, 03:14 AM

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 13 2014, 06:43 PM) *


I've only spent a little bit of time reading threads over there, but from what I've seen and heard, it's not the friendliest place...

Well, the Oblivion forums are fine (right guys & gals?) There's a bunch of us who are regulars there, and we tend to keep any riffraff from creeping in for the most part. Once you leave the OB forums though, yeah, it can get rough. Some folks are mean and/or narrow-minded. I'd stay away from the Elder Scrolls forums, especially. Lots of opinionated nonsense goes on there.

Skyrim's forums are a mixed bag. There's some kind-hearted roleplayers here and there, but there also can be some of the usual flaming and whatnot. Overall those forums have calmed down a bit, but they move way too fast for my liking (a thread you posted in an hour ago might not be on the front page in the next hour, for instance) so I only post there when I get desperate for some TES discussion.

But if you stick to the Oblivion forums, you'll be fine. smile.gif

Posted by: PhonAntiPhon Jan 15 2014, 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 14 2014, 02:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 13 2014, 06:43 PM) *


I've only spent a little bit of time reading threads over there, but from what I've seen and heard, it's not the friendliest place...

Well, the Oblivion forums are fine (right guys & gals?)

Correct!

Posted by: Vital Jan 17 2014, 03:35 PM

Today I returned to Oblivion and started a new character. Yay! biggrin.gif

He's a khajit ranger named Do'Shakir who uses absolutely no magic, including the default healing spell. (thanks to mirocu for the inspiration) Which is harder than I thought.

I'm trying a different style than my skyrim updates for this character, they're more storylike, I guess. The writing isn't that great but it's good practice and I enjoy it anyway. I'll probably just post the updates in this thread so I don't have to worry about spoilers...

So without further ado, say hello to Do'Shakir!

_____________________________________________



27th of Last Seed, 3e 433

IPB Image

*sorry for the big pic...

Do’Shakir’s head was still reeling from the events within the sewers when he stepped out into the warm midday sun. He had just witnessed the emperor’s death and now he was entrusted with the safe delivery of one of the most valuable artifacts on Tamriel, the Amulet of Kings.


It took Do’Shakir a few minutes to get his bearings. The vast oak and pine forests and green meadows of Cyrodil’s wilderness were still an unfamiliar sight to him. He was at the edge of a lake. Rumare, was it? He walked down to the water’s edge, where he stopped to take stock.


A pair of rough leather boots, his prison garments, a rusty bow and some arrows, an iron longsword in decent condition, a leather bound shield, the torn up map, a few potions of healing and fatigue, a mortar and pestle, some gemstones and a handful of septims. He was glad he’d picked up that satchel from the deceased adventurer, the potions may come in handy and the gemstones would make him some decent gold.


Using the map and his surroundings Do’Shakir determined his position. He needed to get to the red ring road, which would mean crossing the lake. Unfortunately, swimming was the only option. The khajiit placed his satchel and weapons within a sack he found on the ground, in an attempt to keep them dry, before heading into the lake.


The water was calm and the slaughterfish were absent. Had Do’Shakir not had to bring his belongings with him the swim would have been easy, but he knew the items he had gathered within the tunnels would be important once he was on the road. Emerging on the other side of the lake Do’Shakir was greeted by two aggressive mudcrabs. He made easy work of them and proceeded to scrape the meat from within their shells. At least now he had something to eat.


Ahead of him was a collection of crumbling white stone pillars that could only be one of the Aylied ruins he had heard so much about. He could see smoke rising from the ruins and cautiously headed towards its source. The khajiit spotted two figures sat around a campfire, from their talk and attire he labelled them as bandits. His bow held firmly in one hand, his other floating eagerly above his quiver, he snuck between the pillars of white stone, towards the camp. Bandits within range, he nocked an arrow and loosed, dispatching of the first. Two more arrows and the other bandit was dealt with as well.


He scoured the ruin for supplies, grabbed some roasted mutton to eat, saving the crab meat for alchemical purposes, and made his way back to the camp to get some well deserved rest.

Posted by: Acadian Jan 17 2014, 04:14 PM

On the BethSoft site, I do quite enjoy the Oblivion forums. I confess that I generally avoid posting on threads there that drift away from Oblivion. I’m not really interested when things stray too much into other TES games, lore or simply whining/arguing. And that does happen with some regularity. Most of the old timers there are quite gracious though, and argumentative posters generally fade away (only to be replaced by new ones, lol).

Vital, a warm welcome to Do’Shakir. A no-casting ranger who learns the power of alchemy should do quite well. Happy hunting!

Posted by: mirocu Jan 17 2014, 04:42 PM

A big welcome and a hardy handshake to Do'Shakir! I must say I´m very proud of being a direct inspiration for him! Especially so since I myself have only had one biggrin.gif

I hope you will enjoy accompanying him, Vital. I take it he will embark upon the MQ?

Posted by: Vital Jan 17 2014, 10:14 PM

Thanks, Acadian. Hopefully alchemy can keep him alive!

Rocu, not sure about the MQ, we'll see. I just like to deliver the amulet first thing once I come out of the sewers. It's sort a challenge because my characters are only ever allowed to pick up boots and gauntlets from dead bodies. No helmets, cuirasses and greaves (with exceptions). So traveling through the countryside with no armour is quite challenging. Oh and you get free armor for it, which is always a bonus tongue.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Jan 17 2014, 10:33 PM

Good luck to Do'Shakir!

He has a popular name! I have a Khajiit named Do'Sakhar in Seven, and Haute has one named Do'Saka in Cardonaccum.

Posted by: Vital Jan 17 2014, 10:46 PM

Thanks Subrosa...

That's cool about the name, I'm guessing you both got it from looking at the uesp page. Warrior just seemed like the most fitting prefix, and Shakir went well with it tongue.gif I'll have to check out these fan fics.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 18 2014, 01:36 AM

YES!!! Aww that's so SWEET, Vital! I am loving the story on Do'Shakir!! biggrin.gif It's okay that it's not 'your best writing', as you say. I mostly write stories to document my roleplays (bring them more fully to life), and if they happen to be good or funny or whatever, that's icing on the cake.

I'm not sure what program (or website) you use to take pictures, on Photobucket I often have to go into Edit mode and Resize my pics, otherwise they do wind up being gargantuan. Great pic of your new furry one, though.

Don't forget: Khajiit always refer to themselves in the third person! That's one of my favorite things about reading a story with a cat-person in it, they say "Do'Shakir thinks you are to go to Bruma" instead of .. well, ya know.

I'll probably have the next Kahreem story up tomorrow, so stay tuned.

Posted by: Vital Jan 18 2014, 01:52 AM

Thanks, Renee. Glad you liked Do'Shakir smile.gif

I used Imgur for this photo, but I'll try and find something that allows me to manipulate the sizes more..

I remembered about the Khajiit speech patterns halfway through writing this. I wasn't sure exactly how to implement it, so I've being loading old saves, talking to every Khajiit I find. Hopefully there'll be a bit of dialogue in the next update, so I can show his khajiit-ness tongue.gif

Looking forward to Kahreem's update biggrin.gif I'll probably have another update up soon, over the weekend.

Posted by: Acadian Jan 18 2014, 01:56 AM

While Renee is certainly right about the normal manner of Khajiit speech, writing that manner of speech for a primary fanfic character - if the story is long - can become tedious for both writer and reader.

There are two long-running Khajiit characters around here with substantial fic writings. Both speak without the typical Khajiit third person stye. And that is not by accident or oversight. In the case of Maxical, it is because she was orphaned as a kit, rescued by an Imperial soldier and tossed into a Cyrodiilic orphanage. In the case of Aravi, her manner of speech was dictated and forced upon her by her Dunmeri slavemasters in Morrowind. So while it's great to be aware of those types of things, always feel free to adapt things to your own taste and purpose. smile.gif

Posted by: Vital Jan 18 2014, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the advice Acadian smile.gif

As for Do'Shakir, he has just moved to Cyrodil from Elsweyr and was raised by khajiit parents. So naturally he will speak in third person. I've decided that narration will stay the same, but any dialogue will have him speaking in third-person, though possibly to a lesser extent than in-game khajiit.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 19 2014, 01:22 AM

Here it is, folks. The moment of Truth. Let's see if Kahreem can grab that staff...

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5
Class: Bandit / Thief
Faction: Thieves Guild
Rank: Prowler

Days Passed: 84
Days Jailed: 17

Bounty: 340 gp

Sun's Dusk 18, 3E433 3:37 am

Location: http://images.uesp.net/2/2f/OB-interior-Arcane_University_Arch-Mage%27s_Quarters.jpg.

As Kahreem of Weet realizes where he is, he can't help but conclude a few things, as a thousand different emotions attack his mind at once.

1). He is in the bedroom of one of Cyrodiil's most powerful men. Period.

2). If he could relay this information to his former bandit gang on the West Weald, he would be treated like a King. He would be treated with such respect! .. Oh would the ale and Cheap Wine flow.

3). The place smells of cinnamon, flowers, and aromas he cannot identify. All these smells please him, too. Make him feel giddy with confidence.

"Gotta do this," he whispers.


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/92d230c4-8932-429f-942f-b216975c1cc6_zps7f22660e.jpg.html


The staff is before him. It's angelic-white in color, and seems to glow. As the thief focuses his mind in a similar manner to the way a true wizard focuses his, Kahreem scrambles quickly (but silently) across the Arch Mage's room, places his hands upon the staff, and feels its magic!

"Wrrmsin" he mumbles. Not a true word, it's literally a mumbled sound. Kahreem places both hands upon the staff, and feels an almighty sort of rush go through his mind for just one second. Psssh! Then the moment is gone. As soon as he can focus again, he paces across the dark orange-tiled floor and slips Methredhel's note into the Arch Mage's dresser. I've done it! ... then he turns to go.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0240793c-e18c-47da-9f7e-18bebbe5d3ea_zps93b833cd.jpg.html


"Ahh".

But the Redguard can't help but get a little curious.

"Hmm."

He picks up an apple, and is surprised to see it's not fresh. Instead, it's slightly mooshy, slightly bronzed. So, here he is in the very quarters one of the men he and his buddies joked and wondered about while living on the West Weald, yet this man, this very powerful man, hasn't even got fresh fruit on his nightstand.

Kahreem tosses the apple, and searches some more. He spies a large chest on the other side of the room, and tries to open it.

"Fokke. A five tumbler."

This powerful man has rotten fruit in his room, but a very well-designed chest. Kahreem is tempted, but then realizes he's only got about a dozen lockpicks. Plus, the white-robed wizard Kahreem had encountered in the other room might be timing the Redguard. Kahreem had told this man he would only be going into the next room to grab something to aid the guards in the search for the Grey Fox. If he takes too long, there's the possibility the white-robed wizard might wonder what's taking so long, and come a'lookin'.

The Weet Bandit removes the lockpick from the Arch Mage's grandest chest, and makes his way back to the strange-colored lights on the floor ....

o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]


4:15 am

"Ah, what a lucky man I am. I found what I was looking for", Kahreem tells the white-robed wizard with a smile. He boasts a cheerful demeanor, but underneath his robes, he's been sweating like a pig. "I've got the magic scroll I was looking for, and so the Grey Fox will soon be history. Heh, I might even read the scroll myself! Anyways, I'll make sure to give you a mention, for your assistance in this matter."

But Irlav Jarol seems to know a rat when he smells one. Before Kahreem can turn to leave, the wizard casts a spell woooosh which tingles with greenish energy. A moment later, he is gone...

"Fokke, you're good!"

...and Kahreem finds himself standing before an invisible man.

"Ahh, a little too good. Forgive me, for I must make haste, sire!" Kahreem says as he now rushes back to the adjacent lighted floor-area, barely getting out of the place in time. "I could have been singed!" ... and as he returns to the Lobby he wonders if he's now under attack. But the mage-lady who now stands before him "Oh hu-llo!" calmly greets him the Weet Bandit with a little sassiness.

"Ah milady! You have a blessed evening, and...." he nervously looks to the portal he just came from, wondering if the white-robed wizard would follow. "...I must make haste in assistance of the Imperials, to find that blasted thief!"

"Good day!"

Kahreem turns to go, knowing he's now a wanted man in the Imperial City (after a guard caught him mounting 'his' horse), and wondering how he is going to manage getting this staff back to Methredhel.

o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]o0[]


4:33 am
Outside, Kahreem finds himself back in the Arcane University's courtyard, with still no guards coming after him.

"Good."

All alone in this large courtyard, he decides to grab the staff from his back, and is surprised that it's not as heavy as he thought it was.

"Now, let's see what you can do."

He aims the staff, swinging it towards a large, nearby wall, and tries to see if he can command it. He is not sure if he can do this; he's used scrolls before, but never a full magic weapon of this magnitude. Turns out, he has nothing to worry about.
WOOOON! POOSH!
...goes the magic in the staff.

"YES!"

A blazen-blue essence of icy air issues from the staff, surrounding the area before the Weet Bandit with frost magic! The rush of power Kahreem feels is much more satisfying than anything he's ever ingested in his life. With full confidence, he strides off, leaves the Arcane University, and re-mounts his stolen bay horse once more, as the night sky begins to lighten. Once back outside, he realizes that there is another way into the Imperial City, one which he's only heard about from other Waterfront residents. He wonders if he'd be able to survive if he chooses this way back inside.

But then he conceives of himself in a completely different way than he usually does. Instead of the Reguard with the big, smelly club at his side, he could now take upon a much different role. With his new powerful weapon, he'll stand a good chance against any enemies he finds, since he is now practically a powerful mage. He knows his new weapon has got quite a kick to it, after all.

"Methredhel my lady, here I come".

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/9a6cf062-7b00-4240-b743-ad4c4ec78b6c_zps26ad9f80.jpg.html

Posted by: Vital Jan 19 2014, 03:25 AM

Loved that update Renee biggrin.gif

Kahreem is so devious tongue.gif He's got the staff, but he still needs to have a poke around! Maybe some of those flowers he could smell fortified luck!

That was a lucky escape with Irlav Jarol. Now that Kahreem has such a powerful staff Azura only knows what he might do!

Posted by: mirocu Jan 19 2014, 10:54 AM

Great update, Renee! And this one I have been waiting for in quite awhile! Finally, Hrormir´s Icestaff is in his possession!

I also loved how he couldn´t resisit to poke around a bit tongue.gif I would have gotten out of there asap, but not Kahreem! laugh.gif I just hope he can get to Methredel without being hindered... emot-ninja1.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 19 2014, 01:42 PM

Heh heh wait'll you see where he goes next. cool.gif It'll be a surprise. Yeah, last night's session I felt very connected with my Redguard. I have sessions when the gameplay and story just seems to flow, and this was one of them.

Posted by: Vital Jan 21 2014, 12:03 AM

I had a rather long session with Do'Shakir today. I tend to play new characters quite a lot in order to really flesh them out. So this session will be split into at least 2 updates.



27th of Last Seed, 3e 433 - Continued


Do’Shakir had planned to spend the night at the campsite, however after an hours rest he found himself surprisingly willing to get onto the road. His destination was Weynon Priory. According to Baurus, one of the emperor’s guards, it was a small monastery just outside the city of Chorrol. Do’Shakir had almost forgotten the significance of his task, but he knew how important it was that the amulet was delivered safely. Besides, the sooner he got the amulet to this Jauffre, the more likely he was to be rewarded.


He headed north, knowing that as long as the Imperial City was at his back, he was going towards the road. Reaching the path he turned left, walking west towards Chorrol. Conveniently, the road was well signposted and a legion rider pointed him in the right direction. He passed by a small wooden building that was meant to be an inn, he nearly decided to stop there and stay for the night, but the sun was still relatively high in the sky, so he pressed on.


o0o0o


The sun had just dipped behind the western hills when Do’Shakir spotted the thatch of countryside roofing ahead of him. He had begun to regret his decision to pass by the inn earlier, so the cottages up ahead were a welcome sight. Relieved that he would have somewhere to stay for the night, he hurried up the road towards the settlement.


It was a simple congregation of stone and thatched cottages, built around a farm patch. Walking into the middle of the town, Do’Shakir had expected to see the townsfolk tending to the crops and livestock. However there was no one to be seen, even the pens were empty.


“Talk to Diram, in the inn. I’m tired of the minstrel’s freak show this town has turned into!”

Do’Shakir was startled by the sudden outburst. The words were spoken in a thick, orcish, accent. The khajiit looked to find the source of the them, but saw nothing. Then he noticed the floating hoe.

“By the twin moons! It is invisible!” the khajit exclaimed in surprise.

“Well done, you figured it out.” the invisible orc said sarcastically. “Go on then. The inn’s right there.” The hoe stopped moving and Do’Shakir assumed the invisible orc had intended to point out the inn to him. The orc sighed, “Behind you.” he said.


Do’Shakir turned and walked into the inn. Pushing the door open, he heard a gasp and the
sound of busy feet on the wooden floorboards. The inn seemed to come alive, crockery floated frantically around the common room and hushed remarks were passed between its invisible patrons.

“Excuse me.” said a dunmer’s voice “We have a small problem that we hope you can help us with.”

“Khajiit can see this. Or rather, khajiit cannot. He will listen to your problems, though.” Do’Shakir replied.

The dunmer explained the entire situation. It turned out a there was a wizard residing in a nearby fort ruin, and the townsfolk were certain he was involved. They hadn’t been able to find him, but they thought Do’Shakir might have better luck.

“If you can help us, we’ll be extremely grateful.” finished the dunmer. There was a pause, and silence fell over the inn.

“This one will help you.” The khajiit said, after some deliberation. “But if this wizard is dangerous, Do’Shakir will run. This one is not fond of wizards.”

Do’Shakir couldn’t see the dunmer, but he imagined the look of relief on his face. The innkeeper offered the khajiit some food before he left, but he declined, hoping to make the most of the remaining daylight. Without further hesitation Do’Shakir gave what he wouldn’t need to the innkeeper and set out towards the fort.

Posted by: Acadian Jan 21 2014, 12:54 AM

“Khajiit can see this. Or rather, khajiit cannot." - - laugh.gif goodjob.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 21 2014, 04:18 AM

Whoa, so he wound up going in the wrong direction? ohmy.gif heee hee! Wasn't he going to Chorrol? smile.gif

And see, that's the thing about Oblivion and Bethesda games in general; it's so easy to get sidetracked. Aleswell is a particularly interesting quest.

Posted by: Acadian Jan 21 2014, 04:47 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 20 2014, 07:18 PM) *

Whoa, so he wound up going in the wrong direction? ohmy.gif heee hee! Wasn't he going to Chorrol? smile.gif

And see, that's the thing about Oblivion and Bethesda games in general; it's so easy to get sidetracked. Aleswell is a particularly interesting quest.


Renee, I think Do'Shakir left in the morning from Vilverin campsite (north east of the IC inside the Red Ring Road), so he hit the Red Ring Road and turned left (counter clockwise) headed over the top of the IC and passing Roxey Inn and Aleswell en route to the Black Road and Chorrol.

At least that's the impression I got. smile.gif

Posted by: mirocu Jan 21 2014, 08:49 AM

That´s my impression too. The update is quite good if you read his lines in the Khajiit voice! laugh.gif

Posted by: Vital Jan 21 2014, 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 21 2014, 10:54 AM) *

“Khajiit can see this. Or rather, khajiit cannot." - - laugh.gif goodjob.gif

That was one of those lines I just had to include. At first it was just "Khajiit can see this." But then I realised, he actually couldn't laugh.gif

Glad you guys liked the update. The khajiit dialogue was really fun to write. I noticed that in Skyrim the khajiit don't always refer to themselves in third person; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. They also use 'this one' to refer to the person they are talking to as well as themselves. wacko.gif

Renee, Acadian was right. Do'Shakir headed west along the red ring road past the Roxey Inn and the Silver Road, towards the black road exit. Maybe I didn't make this clear enough. Originally I had stated exactly where he went/was going and how he got/was going to get there. However I realised Do'Shakir is new to Cyrodil, and so isn't really used to the names of the roads, towns, inns and such so I changed it. I also skipped a large chunk of the traveling, which may have made it confusing...


Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 21 2014, 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 21 2014, 04:00 AM) *

Glad you guys liked the update. The khajiit dialogue was really fun to write.

It was fun to read, too! :twirl: :dance: <--I'm so used to writing like this at Beth, wish Chorrol had more emoticons. But yeah, it was fun to read, Vital. Can't wait for more. smile.gif



Posted by: mirocu Jan 23 2014, 03:59 PM

I demand a Kahreem update!! panic.gif panic.gif

I need to know what happened next! verysad.gif

Posted by: Vital Jan 23 2014, 08:45 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 24 2014, 01:59 AM) *

I demand a Kahreem update!! panic.gif panic.gif

I need to know what happened next! verysad.gif

Yes! A Kahreem update is needed!

It was such a cliffhanger ending panic.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 24 2014, 02:49 AM

laugh.gif Luv you guys! laugh.gif

What do you think will happen next? Any guesses?

Posted by: Grits Jan 24 2014, 02:57 AM

Hmm, is he going to sneak in through the sewers? I'm scratching my head over this one.

Posted by: mirocu Jan 24 2014, 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 24 2014, 02:49 AM) *

laugh.gif Luv you guys! laugh.gif

What do you think will happen next? Any guesses?

Well, I imagine he has to go back to Methredel with the staff. Presuming ha can part with it, that is! laugh.gif

Posted by: Vital Jan 24 2014, 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 24 2014, 12:49 PM) *

laugh.gif Luv you guys! laugh.gif

What do you think will happen next? Any guesses?

I don't know, but I'm thinking Kahreem will get some good use out of that staff...

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 25 2014, 10:09 PM

Kahreem the Redguard rides swiftly away from the Arcane University on Magic, his newly-named bay horse. As he searches his wine-ravaged brain, he finally remembers the place where he is to go; the secret entrance into the Imperial City.

"There's a gate. Some sort of gate. But it's not the one I came out of when I made my escape from jail. No, it's another gate. Somewhere on the north of the Niben."

He rides around as the morning's sun mellowly shines. Passes by the first gate (the one he 'escaped' from), and keeps riding North, trying to find the place his Waterfront friends told him about. As he rides, he and Magic are attacked by a wolf and two mudcrabs. "Awful creatures". The landscape bends sharply West and Kahreem's horse struggles to climb a sudden hill, but this hill also allows he and Magic to finally lose the enemy animals which had been on their tails.

"Ah. There 'tis". Kahreem spies the location: it's the second gate he was told about. "So it does exist".

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/fb387ad4-d520-4e0d-af4d-221173fce915_zps3110f074.jpg.html


Kahreem looks broadly to the south, looking up at the Imperial City's White Gold Tower. He's usually awed by this sight, but today he's too nervous. This next part is going to be difficult.

"Ahh, but I am Aahrmhayre the Great," he says, suddenly not feeling quite so confident with this mock-roleplay.

The Sewers, and lots of them. Armand had told Kahreem about this network of tunnels which leads underneath the city itself, and it was also rumored that a lonely Redguard female named Wanda Bone had lived and died in there. The thought makes the Weet Bandit shiver.

"Well, here goes."

A couple of mudcrabs are nearby, so Kahreem approaches the sewer's north entrance swiftly while crouching down, but then suddenly stops.

"Well, look what he have here. Hello my ladies!" Kahreem says this as he looks to the ground, which is littered with full alcohol bottles. He grabs a couple bottles of Cheap Wine, a beer and an ale off the sandy area just outside the sewer gate. "What a lucky find," he says, hoping some alcohol will calm his nerves.

He drinks the beer first, and then opens his lockpick satchel...

"Rats, a four-tumbler? Why?"

...but then he realizes why. It's because the city is adamant about keeping the riffraff out. They will do whatever it takes to keep them out of their precious city. Guarding this place (the sewer entrance) would not be feasible due to its remote location, so they put a lock with a lot of tumblers on its gate.

"C'mon baby, open up," Kahreem says as he inserts his first lockpicks. As he does so, a pair of eyes, slightly underwater, watch from nearby.

"Ein dummer mage will Gebrauch mein Haus. Er bedauert bald," croaks the owner of these eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


9:47 AM
He is amazed that it only takes one try to open the gate. Amazing! Inside, he is greeted by near-darkness.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/51cf9d78-a579-43e2-bd9f-a897a32d0eae_zps9186a743.jpg.html


He sees a greenly-lit area up ahead, and what looks to be another gate beyond this. As he creeps slowly forward, he finds himself in a sort of 'room'. He now sees a door to his right, tries this door, but it is locked.

"Fokke!"

He tries the gate next, thinks it will also be locked, but it swings open easily. It is dark inside this first tunnel, but Kahreem can hear what he thinks is a mudcrab up ahead. He readies his rusty iron daggar (the same one he found long ago in that other network of sewers) and decides he'll use this weapon instead of the massive staff upon his back.

"Better not to waste good magic on a lowly mudcrab. Horrible creatures."

He remembers that he has a torch to light his way, but decides it's probably best not to light it now. This way, he'll possibly be able to sneak up on the mudcrab, stabbing it right though its tender parts. He creeps along the stone hallway, feeling carefully with his bare hands for the creature's carapace, but cannot find it. As he moves silently, he can hear the crab's purring getting louder and louder, and finally sees the shape of the awful creature at the end of the hall.

"HAH!" He successfully stabs and then slices at the crab. With these two movements it is dead, and now he finds himself in another small room or chamber.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/c14d4852-0a92-41c0-8ff7-0462f6ba3103_zps27521553.jpg.html


He risks lighting his torch and finds a wheel on a nearby wall; this wheel has chains attached to a gear, and seems to be some sort of device. As he turns the wheel, he hears a creaking noise coming from his right, and realizes the metal door he had encountered not long ago must be opening. Kahreem gets excited, thinking that he's found some sort of extra-secret entrance which will take him into the City itself in moments, only to be dismayed that the door only leads to a large room with a couple of smelly cisterns cut into its floor.

But the Weet Bandit does not give up hope. If he is to go onwards down through the tunnels, he will do so...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5:11 PM
The tunnel meanders straight and then bends to the right, and Kahreem finds himself in a large room. As he stumbles and falls into the smelly sewer water, he begins to feel somewhat miserable. This is not what he signed up for. He risks his torch again, for it is nearly pitch-black in this room, and within moments he hears the sound of a large weapon being un-hitched.

"Looks like we've got ourselves a hero!" says a female Redguard's voice as she grabs her 2-handed hammer.

It is at this moment that Kahreem really starts to feel vulnerable Mage's robes? What was I thinking? as he scrambles back up the hallway he had just crept. He readies his mage's staff, but can barely aim the fokkinge thing. "hyaaahhh!!" screams the female bandit as she lands a blow squarely on Kahreems' shoulder. "AHH CRAPPE!!" ..Really feeling his situation now, he runs into the next room and fires his staff once again, but the large bluish essence of magic only slows the bandit down for a moment.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/48bf0142-4e7a-454e-a0d9-e88b1dc97d40_zps2ed96fd4.jpg.html


Feeling desperate, Kahreem puts the staff back on his back, and grabs his daggar once more. It doesn't damage his opponent much, but at least he knows how to use it. As he makes multiple swings, slashes, and stabs, the bandit can only hit the Weet Bandit occasionally with one of her hammer-blows. And with absolutely no armor upon his person, Kahreem realizes he's not going to last very long down here in this dark, unfamiliar chamber.

He rushes outside where the sun is now starting to set, and runs up the same incline his horse had struggled upon earlier in the day. Soon enough, the female bandit follows! Kahreem sees that the two mudcrabs he noticed before are still out here, and hopes they will attack the bandit. But she merely stands below, watching up to him.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/a0963419-ee77-4072-a925-67d7fb41dfec_zpsb80feebb.jpg.html


"Step aside, bandit! I may be wearing these silly blue robes, but I am one of you. Trust me! .. Do you know where I got these robes? You'd never guess. I'm giving you but once chance to let me by, so I can get into the city safely. Deal?"

But there's no deal from this one. "You're a traitor to your own race!" she cries below.

"Have it your way," Kahreem says, as he grabs the Arch Mage's ice staff once more. With his height advantage, and also the fact that (for some reason) the bandit below is standing still, he simply aims the staff towards her, and blasts her squarely with its magic! "Ahhh!" knocking her back a bit. This gives him confidence, and he aims and unleashes the staff's magic once more. "Oof!" It only takes one more blast of the staff's cold air, and the bandit before him is dead.

"You should have listened to me, sister," he says, before discarding his 'Aarmhayre the Great' outfit upon the sandy beach, and slowly getting dressed in the bandit's fur armor.

Kahreem of Weet now makes his way back into the sewer once more.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/5420e3fb-d320-4509-b2f0-3954abc597a5_zps96369be5.jpg.html

Posted by: Vital Jan 26 2014, 12:09 AM

Ha! Kahreem's at it again biggrin.gif this time in the sewers... He might be making a daring infiltration of the city but there's always time for a drink laugh.gif

There's no reasoning with those bandits, is there? They even attack like-minded criminals!

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 26 2014, 02:41 AM

QUOTE(Vital @ Jan 25 2014, 06:09 PM) *


There's no reasoning with those bandits, is there? They even attack like-minded criminals!

Yes, I know! .. Well what happened with Kahreem was he used to be a bandit, but then one day he realized he's not going to live very long if he continued this sort of lifestyle, so he ran away from his bandit friends and also stole from them. Perhaps what's going on is he's got Psychic Bandits in his game. They all just kinda 'know' he's not to be trusted.

I meant to get him up into the I.C., but the story just kinda got stuck. But I promise next time he'll at least make it somewhere in the I.C.


Posted by: mirocu Jan 26 2014, 09:04 AM

Loved the update, Renee! It was perfect for my Sunday morning breakfast with tea! biggrin.gif

Oh, poor Kahreem. Such struggles he must go through in his everyday life. Will he ever return to Methie to deliver the staff? laugh.gif

Posted by: Grits Jan 26 2014, 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 25 2014, 04:09 PM) *


"Ein dummer mage will Gebrauch mein Haus. Er bedauert bald," croaks the owner of these eyes.

*gasp* Abwasserkanal the sewer lizard!!

I love the part when Kahreem realizes that posing as a mage he's wearing no armor. ohmy.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 26 2014, 07:11 PM

Yeah, I stuck the Terror from the Imperial Sewers in there! smile.gif Stay tuned, there's more to come...

Personally I am glad he ditched his mage's robes, that was awful almost getting pwned by that bandit. Aahrmhayre was fun to RP, he'll probably use this disguise again I hope.

Posted by: Vital Jan 28 2014, 10:59 PM

Another Do'Shakir Update. I've been playing him a bit recently and haven't got around to updating, so I'll probably have a few up over the next week...


27th of Last Seed - Continued


Do’Shakir followed an old and worn path down to the ruined fort, a cloud of dust forming behind him as he lightly jogged down the hill that Aleswell was built atop. From here he could see out to the Imperial City. For a moment the khajiit just stood and took in its beauty; there were no words that could truly describe a sunset over lake Rumare. With the realisation that the sun had nearly set, Do’Shakir hurried his descent towards the old fort.


The khajiit was within a couple of meters of the fort when he heard the lonesome cry of a wolf coming from up the path. He drew his bow and nocked an arrow, turning towards the source of the noise almost immediately. But a brief scan of his surroundings showed no sign of the wolf, until the khajiit could hear the beast closing in on him.

Stupid khajiit, it is invisible!

Do’Shakir dropped his bow, and drew his iron arming sword from its sheath. He waved the sword around frantically in the general direction of the wolf’s footsteps and growling. The khajiit was knocked backwards as the invisible wolf lunged into him. Do’Shakir struggled with the wolf, before burying his iron sword within the beast, causing its not so invisible blood to come spilling out onto his ragged sack shirt. Do’Shakir gathered his weapons from the ground, drank one of his healing potions and continued towards the fort.

o0o0o


As he passed under the stone archway that formed the entrance to the crumbling fort, Do’Shakir could feel a little chill crawl down his spine. He’d heard many tales of the ghosts of soldiers haunting old forts such as these, and although he was not superstitious, he was afraid of the spirits of the dead. The other thing within those cobbled walls was magic. Magic didn’t struck fear into Do’Shakir’s heart, they way a ghost could, but he certaintly didn’t trust it. He had seen what it could do. Still, like all the great heroes from the cyrodilic stories his Ma had read him, the khajiit would not let his fears get in the way. He was determined to be the saviour of Aleswell.


Do’Shakir had half-expected to find the wizard deep within the ruins, at the head of a daedric cult that was plotting the end of Nirn. However the sensible side of him expected to find the wizard in the exterior of the ruins, surrounded by crates and fussing over alchemical apparatus and books. The sensible side of him was right.

“Oblivion take you! What is it you want from me?” Cursed the invisible wizard, in an accent that could only belong to an altmer.

“Ah, it must be the wizard Ancotar. The people of Aleswell have told this one all about it’s experiments. Invisibility, no?” Do’Shakir replied, calmly.

“Yes... Cat, I have been working on a new invisibility spell. As you can see, it works quite well. Why?” the altmer replied.

Do’Shakir ignored the racist slur. “Its spell made everyone in Aleswell invisible too.”

“Oh... Really. Everyone in town? That must have been all what all the shouting was about a few weeks ago.” The altmer said sarcastically. He then began to ramble on about his experiments. Do’Shakir ignored him for the most part, gritting his teeth and letting his fangs dig into his lower lip. Finally, Ancotar finished. “Never mind. I don’t mean to bore you.” he said in a demeaning manner.

“Well, it was doing a job of it.” Do’Shakir was not one for sweet-talk.

The altmer muttered an insult. “Anyway, to get back on topic. You can tell the villagers the effect isn’t actually permanent. It should wear off in a year or two.”

“By Azurah! Two years? Does it have no sense? It must be able to speed it up.”

“Well, I personally find being invisible quite refreshing. But, if it means the townsfolk will leave me alone, I suppose you could test out this scroll for me.”

“This scroll?” asked Do’Shakir.

“It’s a counter-spell, I worked it out last week.” The wizard said, sounding pleased with himself. “Just stand in the center of town and open the scroll, the rest will sort itself out. Oh and don’t forget... Well never mind.”

“Don’t forget what? It is tricking khajiit?” Do’Shakir said, trying to sound threatening.

“Just... Make sure to wear this ring, it will protect you from any side effects. The townsfolk won’t need one, just the person who opens the scroll. Now leave before I change my mind!” The wizard said with disgust, as he handed Do’Shakir a plain silver ring.

o0o0o


“Do’Shakir has the counter-spell. You must read it in the center of town, and wear this ring.” Do’Shakir handed Ancotar’s ring and the scroll to Diram.

“Why couldn’t you just have read it?” questioned the dunmer.

“This one does not do magic.” the khajiit answered bluntly.

And with that, the innkeeper begrudgingly walked out into the center of town, scroll in hand. The townsfolk were all congregated in the inn when Do’Shakir had arrived back in the town, and followed Diram out of the inn. Do’Shakir stayed inside.

The scroll worked without any noticeable side-effects. The town celebrated as if it were Saturalia; Diram gave free drinks to all the townsfolk. Everyone was in good spirits except for two dunmer women who turned out to be Diram’s sisters. Do’Shakir was surprised at the stark contrast between the girls and their brother; Diram was the happiest dunmer he had ever met. He even offered the khajiit a free room, not just for the night, but also for any other time he was in Aleswell.


Do’Shakir slept well that night. It had been a long day, and he knew tomorrow would be another day of travel. But now, he could rest.



Posted by: mirocu Jan 28 2014, 11:19 PM

Aaah, the invisible ones.. laugh.gif

I liked that quest. And now Do´Shakir has a free bed! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Acadian Jan 28 2014, 11:51 PM

Ahhh. Ales well that ends well. tongue.gif

Posted by: mirocu Jan 29 2014, 08:48 AM

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 28 2014, 11:51 PM) *

Ahhh. Ales well that ends well. tongue.gif

Ba-dum-TISH! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Vital Jan 29 2014, 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 29 2014, 09:51 AM) *

Ahhh. Ales well that ends well. tongue.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

That is a fun quest indeed. Do'Shakir enjoyed it tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 30 2014, 02:57 PM

*claps* well done, Vital! .. LOve the "this one does not do magic" bit.

It's been awhile since I've done the Aleswell quest, but does anybody else feel some of the townsfolk are rather ungrateful after all is said and done? .. I seem to remember the Dunmer in the inn itself being particularly rude despite what we've helped them with.


Posted by: mirocu Jan 30 2014, 03:28 PM

Really? He´s the only one who´s nice to me. His sisters on the other hand...

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 30 2014, 05:05 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 30 2014, 09:28 AM) *

Really? He´s the only one who´s nice to me. His sisters on the other hand...

I meant "Dunmer" as in plural Dunmer. The sisters included with the dude. But now that you mention it, I seem to remember the guy is grateful at least, while the sisters barely are able to tolerate.


Posted by: Vital Jan 31 2014, 11:08 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jan 31 2014, 12:57 AM) *

*claps* well done, Vital! .. LOve the "this one does not do magic" bit.

It's been awhile since I've done the Aleswell quest, but does anybody else feel some of the townsfolk are rather ungrateful after all is said and done? .. I seem to remember the Dunmer in the inn itself being particularly rude despite what we've helped them with.

Heh, thanks smile.gif

The innkeeper is exuberant, the argonian shepherd is grateful, but too chilled out to really care. The orc is indifferent and the dunmer sisters seemed to almost despise you for it. Although they were just as miserable before.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jan 31 2014, 04:49 PM

You are welcome. The Dunmer sisters probably enjoyed being invisible. I know I would!


Posted by: mirocu Jan 31 2014, 04:51 PM

I wantz more Kahreem!! wacko.gif panic.gif

You know... or Saga.. biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Feb 1 2014, 12:25 PM


haha okay mirocu here we go. Last we saw, the Weet Bandit was located just inside of the Sewer's northeast entrance.

Days Passed: 85
Days Jailed: 17

Bounty: 340
Fame: 0
Infamy: 9
Items Stolen: 632

Hours Slept: 852
Hours Waited: 147
Jokes Told: 128


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/8c2d97a5-7649-4e14-abac-f5efd317565d_zpsb5072353.jpg.html


Suited up now with fur armor and a leathery shield, Kahreem the Redguard bandit now creeps through the sewers under the Imperial City. He's been creeping slowly forward for hours*. He feels much more confident now that he's finally dressed for the occasion. He has a rather long and violent brawl with a mudcrab, and realizes he enjoyed the fight. His confidence grows, despite the fact that he's only got a cheap daggar for protection.

He realizes he's relishing this new underground experience, rather than fearing it. He creeps and crawls, igniting his torch every now and again. At some point, he realizes he's been playing a role, one he hasn't truly played in awhile. He's become a bandit. There are lots of crates, barrels, and old, torn-up sacks to loot. One passage leads to the next. He comes to a gate which is actually locked!

"Hah!"

Locked with a 3-tumbler.

"Good thing I have got all of these."

The trip to the one known as Shady Sam before this adventure had been a good idea. With 16 lockpicks to start, Kahreem manages to get through the locked gate in just two tries, bends a turn, and comes to a door, tall, iron, and cold. But not locked.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]


Morndas, 4:54 pm, Sun's Dusk 19

He finds himself in a smelly chamber where a sewer rat and a mudcrab attempt to attack him, but both nuisances fall into the cistern in the middle of the room. Both of these animals cannot figure a way to climb back up to the floor where Karheem stands, so he brandishes his torch, and stands up fully.

squeak squeak squeak!! ... dadadadaaa

He circles the room with the cistern in the middle. After he's searched it entirely, he realizes ...

"Aww fokke!"

...that the only other way out of here is to jump down into the water itself, and truth be told, he finds that's he's already tiring of fighting rats and mudcrabs with this stupid daggar. He misses his trusty Sewer Club, the one he had found in those other sewers so long ago. With his club it might take just two or three bashes to down a crab, and the rat would meet its maker with just one successful slam. Kahreem dreads the moment...fighting in a foul, smelly water-trough with hardly any light to see by.

Then he remembers his staff. The ice staff! Forgot all about it. .... The staff is aimed, activated, and GONE are the nuisance creatures below.

So far he's been lucky, only encountering one sewer bandit, a slew of crabs, and a slew of rats. He had feared there would be goblins, vampires, who the fokke knows what might be down here? .. But there's nothing of the sort.

"Goblins, awful creatures."

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/42ae23ad-12a8-42b5-84f6-99c1254052f5_zps4c717202.jpg.html


Finds himself in another chamber with a trough down its center, and there's yet more mudcrabs in here. He tries to sneak by, but is noticed by one of them. tattttttaaa tattaaaa! But this is all. Mudcrabs, hate the things, seem to be everywhere! .. But no goblins or vampires or undead. So the Weet Bandit stands fully, and begins running down the cistern. He finds a gate, and finally climbs out of the foul, smelly sewer water. Tries the gate. It's unlocked... a rat is on the other side, but this is no problem. Kahreem runs back into the room with the mudcrabs, luring the rat out of its hideout, and then he jumps over the rat, makes his way past the gate, and closes it on all the fiendish little scavengers in the next room!

"AAA ha haa ha haaa!"

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/de99cc65-776f-46a9-acfa-f3ec9515d63b_zps815beb91.jpg.html


He creeps forward into a room which is so dark, his adventuring comes to a halt. He listens carefully, and all he hears are mudcrabs. Is he hearing the mudcrabs from the next room? Or are they also in the one he is now in? ... After some hesitation he chances his torch, and finds something rather interesting.

Stairs! Stairs which lead upwards! ... there is also a door, another iron door, but it's the stairs which interest him. They go up, after all, and 'up' could mean they also lead into the city itself. Is Kahreem below the city? How much time has passed? It is hard to tell.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/55ca5ffb-585a-4fb8-9611-3214883c889d_zps598e33c1.jpg.html


Tirdas, 1:46 am
They do not lead into the Imperial City, but this is a small setback. Wherever he is now, it's got a bit more light, that's for damn sure. He treddles across a stone bridge, and listens for enemies. Nobody is present. He opens a gate. Creeps slowly forward once more, and is saddened to see another set of stairs before him, this time going down. He hears nobody, so he takes these downward stairs.

Again, he hears nobody, so he lights his torch, and finds he is in yet another stone chamber. He crosses the room a little too quickly and attracts the wrong kind of attention.

"hiiiiyaa!"

"Awww no!"

It's a sewer bandit (a Khajiit, as well) with a large two-handed hammer! .. This one swings its giant weapon, and again, Kahreem is angered by the fact that's he's only got a stupid fokkinge daggar in return.

"HHAAAA!" swip! swip! swip! ..

Kahreem is glad he's got a shield, though. As the bandit swings her giant weapon her approach is slow. The Redguard moves to an area of the room which is better-lit, and is almost always able to block her blows.

"Toodaay yooo die!" she growls. She swings from over her head, overbalances, and misses Kahreem entirely. While she regains her stance, Kahreem is able to slice into her fur three times quickly in a row. After a few moments, the old bandit blood comes back into Kahreem's veins, and he begins enjoying the challenge of the fight. She's got a rhythm to her attacks, he notices, which are stupid and slow, while he is able to dance around furtively from spot to spot, slicing her in droves as she swings and misses. .. He is making good headway, but then she heals herself with a potion, while Kahreem can only try to survive.**

Although he's still got the ice staff on his back, and can probably off his opponent with just a blast or two, this weapon is too unwieldy to use in such a close fight. He fears the bandit might have another health potion, and ponders the idea of running back the way he came, past all those rats and mudcrabs, and out of this damned place entirely. Turn himself in to the guards, and accept his fate. But for some reason, he does not do this. Instead he keeps fighting. He (again) catches the rhythm of her attacks, and is able to avoid these while placing a good offensive with his stupid (fokkinge stupid) little daggar!

After many moments, the she-bandit falls.

"Yesss!"

She-bandit wears fur boots that are in better condition than the ones worn by Kahreem, and the Redguard suddenly likes the idea of carrying a giant hammer around instead of a worn-out shield and a knife barely suitable now for kitchen slicing. He grabs all of these items.

...sun's out, and I gotta make breakfast for 'the gang' anyways. :tongue: To be continued, in other words...


Posted by: mirocu Feb 2 2014, 09:32 AM

Tea and sandwich are gone and Kahreem´s update is read! happy.gif

So now he really lives the life of a bandit being deep down in the smelly sewers with the high-prized artifact on his back. Lets just hope Lex doesn´t grab his neck the moment he sticks his head up in the City... biggrin.gif

Posted by: PhonAntiPhon Feb 2 2014, 01:11 PM

[continued from: http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=4979&view=findpost&p=210488] - non spoiler thread

Well, the meeting was with a "High Elf" - (a bit pompous) - by the name of Seridur, who introduced her to the fact that there were Vampires hiding in the Imperial City and that he, and his erstwhile comrades, had dedicated themselves to ridding the place of them.
He pointed to an example in the form of his nieghbour, one Roland Jenserig, or something like that, and asked Eilidh to check him out.

[An important note: In Eilidh's homeland there are vampires - (or óltóir fola) - as well, although in their case they live in trees in dark forests abutting the pastures and fertile meadowlands surrounding the towns and cities. They are thoroughly feral creatures, only vaguely like Eilidh's kind and tend to keep themselves to themselves. Occasionally inter-clan battles or lack of food drive into Elflands and Eilidh herself has led soldiers into combat with them to drive them back into the trees from whence they came.
óltóir fola do not "turn" their victims as such, but render them highly infectious with a blood disease not unlike a viral form of Leukemia; which is as scary as it sounds]

Eilidh agreed this was a bad thing but in her experience óltóir fola do not live in houses, however, when in the Imperium and all that...

Returning to the hotel she changed into her armour and snuck off under cover of darkness to Jenseric's house. He was not in and searching his domicile proved both fruitless and frustrating, not least because after 10 minutes of hammering she was still unable to get into the two locked chests in his living quarters.
Frustrated and tired, she headed back to the hotel.
"Bandia a chur air!" She thought as she arrived back in her room. "Fhios ag gach duine a bhfuil cónaí orthu i crainn, tá sé cluiche amadán agus tá mé rudaí níos fearr a dhéanamh!"
So saying, she stripped to her knickers and threw herself into bed.

[continues http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=4979&view=findpost&p=210488] - non spoiler thread

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Feb 2 2014, 04:15 PM

Bandia a chur air...

I went on an Internet search just now to read this. Found a Gaelic/English translator website, but it wanted me to DL some software, and I'm being really cautious with my downloading. But I did look at some other sites, 'Bandia' is apparently goddess?


Posted by: PhonAntiPhon Feb 2 2014, 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 2 2014, 03:15 PM) *

Bandia a chur air...

I went on an Internet search just now to read this. Found a Gaelic/English translator website, but it wanted me to DL some software, and I'm being really cautious with my downloading. But I did look at some other sites, 'Bandia' is apparently goddess?


Roughly translated it means: "Goddess take it" - a favourite imprecation of Eilidh's.
The rest of it very roughly says: "Everyone knows they live in trees, I've got better things to do play this game!"

Not everything she says gets translated by me, largely because I only get the gist of it from it's context, so it's sometimes easier to leave it as it is.
Niamh spoke a similar tongue but she was fluent in Common so it was easy, Eilidh is not and so most of what she says I have to translate, and sometimes I am just to lazy!
That said variations on: "Bandia a chur air" will crop up quite a lot...

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Feb 2 2014, 11:32 PM

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ Feb 2 2014, 11:09 AM) *


Roughly translated it means: "Goddess take it" - a favourite imprecation of Eilidh's.
The rest of it very roughly says: "Everyone knows they live in trees, I've got better things to do play this game!"

Ha ha ha well it looks way cooler in Gaelic than in English.


Posted by: Renee Gade IV Feb 13 2014, 04:02 PM

Tirdas Sun's Dusk 20, 3E433 4:05 am


Days Passed: 86

Bounty: 340
Fame: 0
Infamy: 9


Hours go by, and still Kahreem of Weet still slogs slowly through the bowels of the Imperial City. Hallway after hallway, chamber after chamber. The place is mostly empty, only mudcrabs and rats populate the city's sewers more commonly. Kahreem had feared he'd run into goblins or vampires down here, but so far this seems not to be the case.

He's run out of food, his gear is slowly falling to pieces, but the presses on anyways. He knows he can (at any time) simply turn around a, leave the sewers, and turn himself in to the authorities.

"I am wanted for horse theft, and once they see this giant ice staff on my back, I'll be wanted for staff theft too" he says to the nearest wall.

But he will never give up. He'll never turn himself in. He's enjoying this underground adventure, after all. At one point, he finds himself in an unoccupied rectangular room, one with two dirty bedrolls on its floor. He feels around on the floor and finds a bottle of Cheap Wine...

"Ahh. Tempting!"

...but wisely chooses not to drink it. Even though he suddenly craves its berry taste, and desires to feel the wine's warmth going down his throat, there's no way he'd risk a quick drunk when there could be enemies lurking about. He places the wine in his nightsack, and tries another set of upward stairs.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/f4d2d5f4-97d6-492f-a752-8e09bac485fe_zpsc3501ade.jpg.html


5:33 am
After climbing a dark ladder Kahreem cannot believe his luck. Although he doesn't know where he is at first, he finds himself in a carefully-coiffed plaza which is obviously part of the Imperial City itself. The air is clear and clean. The sky above is lightening. After chancing a peek around a stone corner to his right, he realizes he's now in the Market District.

He spends an hour or two waiting behind a tree while the sun rises unseen, lighting the plaza with rosey warmth. It's only a matter of time before an Imperial patrol will walk by. He waits and waits, and after awhile realizes how exhausted he is, now that the excitement of being in the sewers has died down. But of course, all he needs to do is make one false move, and he'll wind up getting caught, right under the noses of the Imperial guards.

"It's a disgrace, what I'm about to do."

Realizing he's only got one chance to get this right, Kahreem decides he'll make a run for it.

"I've run from guards many-a-time, sure."

He'd only have to make it across two districts, get inside the house where Methredhel is in hiding, give her the fokkinge staff, and be done with it. Then, he would be arrested. Gladly.

"Yeaaah, that is what I will do. By the time I get to jail I'll be set. Free food. And the Imperial City does it right!"

Standing fully now, Kahreem of Weet bends down to buckle his shoes, and then calmly walks down the alley between Rindir's Staffs and Edgar's Discount Spells. He walks down this alley, turns left on his heels, and then begins sweating in the cheap fur armor he's wearing. He fully expects that out of nowhere, one of the guards will come rushing towards him to let him know of his options!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/217b499c-2f23-4233-9b5a-e3933f3aebce_zps5418cfac.jpg.html


7:08 am
...but none of this happens.

"You have my ear citizen".

Amazingly, the guard doesn't recognize the Redguard, despite the giant white magical staff he's got with him. Kahreem smiles at the guard, calmly opens up his sack, and begins to down the wine he had found a few hours previous, while the guard looks on in disgust.

There should be some sort of law against public intoxication during daylight hours the guard thinks but does not say. But since no such law exists, the Redguard with the white wizard's staff on his back walks freely by.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/b8a773d7-671e-4e8c-b660-8536c93a9064_zps350f0c75.jpg.html


Tirdas 9:07 am

"I'm glad you're here. We have work to do," says Methredhel happily as Kahreem walks through the door and approaches.

"Do we? .. Ahh. Sorry about the smell. Umm. Stench is more like it. Sorry about the stench. But I have returned, ans as you can see, I've got the magical staff. Imagine that."

"You have the ice staff?" Methredhel asks, almost incredulously,

"Ahmm. Well yes, cannot you see this humongous fokkinge thing upon my back? .. Here. Take it. I've been caryring it all night. It is heavy and damn near useless for combat!"

"Excellent. Yours is the last item on the list. Now we just wait for the powers that be to pull the plug on Hieronymus Lex's siege.

"Ahh. That's it? That is all? No pay?"

"Good question," answers the elf. But before Kahreem can even open his manpurse, she continues to speak. "I want yooou to spy on Hieronymus Lex. Make sure you stay close enough to overhear any conversations. Sooner or later they will order him to return the guards to their original posts. When that happens, come and tell me."

"Spy? You want me to be a spy now? ... Heyyy, what is this? You aren't the boss of me! Where's my pay!"

But Methredhel shushes him with a motion to her lips, as though somebody nearby could be listening. "Shadow hide you" she says.

And with that, Kahreem gives up on getting some gold for all his trouble. He's too fokkinge tired anyways.

Posted by: mirocu Feb 14 2014, 08:58 AM

The staff has been delivered! Excellent! biggrin.gif Only too bad the Weet bandit didn´t get any pay... tongue.gif

But I got a good story for my morning tea!

Posted by: Vital Feb 15 2014, 09:11 PM

I'm not really able to write much for Do'Shakir's updates as my computer isn't working and I'm using the family iPad for the internet, so here's a list of what he's been up to:

-Missed his turn off to black road and ended up in Weye
-Ended up helping some funny old fishermen collect some scales. Didn't enjoy getting wet.
-Agreed to help strange elven women collect bottles of wine from old forts, despite being scared of ghosts.
-Travelled to Weynon Priory where some old monks gave him some cheap armor, it's not like he just delivered the most important artifact in Tamriel or anything....
-Headed up to Chorrol where he sold off his goods and got a bed in the grey mare.
-Joined the FG and begun training. Everyday he wakes up and runs around the city, the eats breakfast, then practices archery (Callidus you were right about Honditar's aim. rollinglaugh.gif ) then he has some lunch. After lunch he has some free time to do some alchemy, shopping, drinking reading or gawking at the chapel, which he thinks is the greatest building ever (he's only seen the white-gold tower from a distance) then he'll do some sword work or maybe some boxing or agility work (jumping around in the basement) then it's dinner, usually some reading or chatting, then bed.

He's been doing this for about 3 days and I'm thinking he'll do it for about another week before setting off to Anvil for some FG work or maybe going out for some hunting and adventuring . I'm not sure what he will do MQ wise so I'm leaving it for now.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Feb 15 2014, 11:14 PM

Well that's awesome, he's got a little schedule there. smile.gif Yeah, most cats don't like getting wet, so the fisherman's quest must have been tricky

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 9 2014, 02:28 AM

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you Kahreem. I'll get back to you soon.

Posted by: Grits Mar 15 2014, 03:43 PM

Jerric and friends strolled down the Silver Road under sunny spring skies. They took a left at Sercen intending to walk to Morcant’s cottage for a chat about nature. Jerric is confused about what his fierce goddess of the northern skies has to do with gentleness and peace in Cyrodiil. Lil is confident that her sister wood elf will be able to thaw his ice brain at least a little. (It’s likely that Jerric will not be able to summon his guardian lion just yet, since he’s level 5 in this game.)

Abiene has been quite scrappy today, charging up to marauders in heavy armor to use her touch spells on them. Darnand gave Jerric a surprise by casting a combination Feather/Shield/Fortify something on him when Jerric attempted to open Flash’s saddle bag. Jerric did not know that Darnand could do that. Darnand was quite pleased with himself. Apparently he knew all along what the ‘O’ key is really for.

Lildereth has been quiet. This is not unusual, but it’s her special kind of quiet that precedes a long solo trip into the wilderness. I’m sure she’ll go all the way to Anvil with the group, but after that they might not see her for a while.

Posted by: haute ecole rider Mar 15 2014, 06:23 PM

Well, Julian just completed the Main Quest. Now she is sitting by the fire in her humble shack in the IC Waterfront contemplating what has just transpired. Sad . . .

Somehow that Imperial Dragon armor never appealed to her. Half the time she doesn't even pick it up. When she does, it goes right into the chest in her shack and she never looks at it again. She never liked being the Hero of Kvatch, so it makes sense that she detests being the Champion of Cyrodiil!

Posted by: mirocu Mar 15 2014, 11:15 PM

So Julian is done closing gates? Must feel like the end of an era, huh? kvleft.gif

Posted by: haute ecole rider Mar 16 2014, 08:57 PM

Yes, it certainly does. She's made so much progress in her recovery, both physical and emotionally. She's improved her marksmanship, grown her magicka, and developed new skills she didn't know she had. She rediscovered her mother's love of alchemy and a new interest in healing. She lost her heart and then any chance at a romantic relationship (so she thinks, but she doesn't know our good Captain that well). And she qualifies for entry into the Arcane University. But was it all worth it with no emperor?

So it's going to take a while for Julian to find her footing again.

Posted by: haute ecole rider Mar 17 2014, 01:12 AM

Now that Julian has completed the MQ, we're taking the time to look back and reflect on the things that we saw during this journey.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205042623/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205217724/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205048123/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205223744/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205227954/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205232014/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205234644/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205237224/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205239354/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauteecole_rider/13205242534/

Posted by: SubRosa Mar 17 2014, 01:17 AM

I love the Leyawiin pic. The gate in the distance looks like the Eye of Sauron!

Posted by: Acadian Mar 17 2014, 02:17 AM

What a fun pictorial through OHDH 2.0!

I still love Julian’s glasses!

On the road. . . with critters in tow! wub.gif



Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 19 2014, 01:56 AM

Good ones, H.E.R. Thanks for sharing.

Fredas, 2:10 PM, Frostfall 12, 4th Era Year 4

" WHAAAT? "

... the young, blond Nord greeted the blond wood elf who had just entered his shop. Despite his rude greeting, the elf was still fascinated, and did not hesitate to gaze upon the man's wares. The elf had arrived to Bruma just an hour before, and had immediately been wowed by the changes she'd been seeing. Matter of fact, she couldn't help but explore Bruma's exterior first, instead of just entering the town's inside proper.

Bruma's walls seemed taller! ... Its castle even grander!
.. And while these things made Lady Saga gaze in wonder, it was this place, this tiny shack of a shop located outside of Bruma, which had the elf much more excited. Several bunnies seemed to be permanent habitants around the shack itself, and on the inside the elf couldn't help but gush at some of the rude Nord's wares.

"Daedric Bone Arrows?"
she asked ecstatically ".... and just 53 gold a-piece? .. Well I have no concerns but to part ways with such gold in an instant! .. Give me two, sir."

"Heh, I let that go too cheaply" the Nord said, while secretly fawning at the 106 gold he'd just earned. Those arrows (the most expensive he had in stock) had been sitting upon his shelf for months now. And just like that, they get snapped up by this beaming adventurer of an elf.

"And what are ... obsidian arrows!? ... Bone? ... Ogre's tooth!!?"

The gold flowed from a specially-sewn area upon her leather breastplate, while the Nord tried to keept a straight face. Although he didn't trust her kind so much (wood elves could be so ... trickstery ... and flighty!) he was liking THIS elf more and more. Weeks, months, and soon years of Imperial Legion Foresters buying the cheapest crap in the shack, and suddenly he's got a customer who's spending like mad.

"That's a good deal!" the Nord complimented the elf, while thinking I'm eating something other than rabbit stew this evening! ... I'm going to the Jerall View tonight, instead of low-lifing some swill at Olav's Tap 'n' Tack!

The elf bought several more curiosities without so much as a blink. The White Quilted Bracers were now 'out of stock'. Same goes for the Stealth Leather Hood he thought he'd never move.

"I cannot. .... I cannot exclaim enough, sir!" the elf gushed. "Oh, I am Aerin, from Valenwood, as I might say. And I presume you have become a fixture here on the outerskirts of town, yes?"

"I appreciate your business!" gushed the Nord in return, realizing her little spree had suddenly come to an end just as quickly as it began.

"Well, I shalt make my face known to you, sir. This is ... to have this .. this shop of yours ... out here! It is ...." Lady Saga cannot finish her sentence. She knows her enthusiastic demeanor says it all.

"Take care" says the Nord, thinking of little else than roast beef and mead at the Jerall View, and perhaps a visit to Nord Winds for some fine-tailored clothes as well.

Posted by: mirocu Mar 19 2014, 08:15 AM

Oh, renee. How you confused with with the blond Nord salesman. You little modder, you...! biggrin.gif


Sounds like Saga was awed enough to part with some gold pretty fast laugh.gif

Posted by: Vital Mar 19 2014, 09:42 AM

That was incredibly entertaining for just some bartering between an adventurer and a town-bound merchant laugh.gif

I'm guessing all these arrows are modded? Must be quite exciting to play around wiht mods after being on console for so long smile.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 21 2014, 03:23 PM

mirocu: There ya go: a Saga story for you finally. Yes, that 'shack' is a little shop Better Cities adds.

Vital: Graci! .. Yeah sometimes I"m all about the little encounters Saga has. I can see them in my mind so I try to 'bring them to life' a bit more in these snippet-stories.


Posted by: mirocu Mar 21 2014, 04:53 PM

So what about Kahreem and the handed-in staff....?? biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 21 2014, 10:17 PM

Kahreem could happen this weekend, surely. smile.gif Maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Posted by: Grits Mar 25 2014, 01:21 PM

Kanet’s Thieves Guild adventures have landed her in Spoilerville, so I don’t even want to post pictures in the screenshot thread until she’s non-questing again. Renee, I’m not sure if you’ve done the whole TG questline before Kareem, so I’m putting this whole post in spoiler tags in case he hasn’t done this part yet.


Once she finished the job Kanet returned to her contact in Bravil. She’s been back and forth there a lot lately. Usually she travels as Kanet the alchemist from the IC, which is not very far from the truth. It’s an identity she intends to retire with if she should ever lose her nerve for thieving. Anyway lately she’s been visiting her doyen so regularly that she’s taken to slipping in wearing generic http://i.imgur.com/I8JfEjg.png and leaving her flashy horse (called Ben) at home.

When she’s on foot Kanet likes to travel http://i.imgur.com/874CW72.png. She’s no mage but she has collected some very handy enchanted items. The Water Walking item might be her favorite. Unlike her potions it has no duration or range, so she can stride along worry-free feeling almost as awesome as she looks. tongue.gif

Here are the pictures from the quest, since the spoiler tag doesn't want them in the text.

http://i.imgur.com/tUsggOP.png

http://i.imgur.com/ViAESSu.png

http://i.imgur.com/sSlBurB.png


Posted by: Acadian Mar 25 2014, 03:15 PM

This is so much fun watching Kanet go through the TG! Her disguise gig must be a blast - so many wigs, outfits and accessories to mix and match for so many identities!

Posted by: haute ecole rider Mar 25 2014, 03:47 PM

I loved the shot of water-walking Kanet - especially walking away from that Mysterious Isle in the Bay wearing SI Finery! How apt! Talk about making waves!

Posted by: ghastley Mar 25 2014, 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 25 2014, 08:21 AM) *

When she’s on foot Kanet likes to travel http://i.imgur.com/874CW72.png.

Are you sure she's not using a surfboard under there?

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 25 2014, 08:12 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that Grits. Yeah, Kahreem hasn't made it that far. I read your thief's tales with no worries, I have a rather bad short-term memory for details.

Posted by: ghastley Mar 25 2014, 08:22 PM

It just struck me that Kanet's about half-way through the quest-line already. If she's going to continue after it finishes, I need to get the latest Evergloam packaged pretty quickly.

The machine that ran my web site and mail server died the other day, and I'm moving it all to another box. The web site didn't take long, as I already had the service active, and just had to re-route the port and copy over the content again from the development workstation. The email service needs re-installing, and I want to have that running properly again before I start getting traffic from Nexus users, so I may just post a copy on my own site for beta.

Watch the mods thread for an announcement when I do that.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Mar 25 2014, 08:25 PM


Tirdas 9:01 am
Sun's Dusk 20, 3E433


Toon: Kahreem of Weet

Faction: Thieves Guild
Rank: Prowler

Days Passed: 86
Days Jailed: 17
Fame: 0
Infamy: 9

Location: Imperial City, Talos Plaza District

Where we left off: Kahreem has just given Hrormir's Icestaff to Methredhel, and she has given him orders to spy on Hieronymus Lex.


"Can ye spare a coin?"

The beggar asks this to the Redguard who has just exited the manorhouse across the plaza. This gives the Redguard pause. At first, he doesn't really hear the man's question, but then the Redguard remembers all beggars (especially those who live in the Impaerieal City) are sources of information. The Redguard has the coing to help this 'poor man' along, and he does so after a moment.

"Yeah, you can have this coin. What of it, beggar?"
"One more coin and I get a pair of shoes."

The beggar, No-Coins Draninus, has an Imperial's accent which sounds just a little too polished, a little too cultured. He's got the look of a beggar, and he's got the demeanor of one too, not to mention the smell of one. But to Kahreem the Redguard, this beggar doesn't seem too far from a better way of life.

"Thank you kind sir!"

"Well you are welcome, beggar. I had better see some 'new shoes' upon thine feet by Evening Star, else I am coming to get my gold piece back."

"Every little bit helps!"

"Now, what of Hieronymus Lex? Are you going to tell me anything about him, or is that going to cost me coin, too?"

"Sure I know where to find Hieronymus Lex. I sure am hungry though," No-Coins hints.

"Oh sure, yeah yeah, here we go. I already KNOW where he is. You guys are making way too much coin off of me, and you haven't even given me anything I can use since I've been back here in the City. You've got nothing on the beggars of Bravil, Bruma, and Leyawiin, this I can guarantee. Those beggars give me their word for no additional coins," he lies.

"Go find him yourself!" No-Coins grudges, suddenly angry that he can't swindle just a few more gold. With just seventeen gold in his pocket from the last swindle he pulled, things are starting to look rather thin. But then he pulls himself together, and says "Blessings of Mystara upon ye," just as an Imperial Guard walks by.

"Yeah, Mystara. What-ever," Kahreem nods, suddenly glad he's about to simply head back to the Marie Elena for some much-needed rest. "Getting in scuffles with beggars now, are you?" he asks himself as he leaves the Talos Plaza district.

As Kahreem went to sleep a few hours later, he 'ascended' up to level 6. I gave him +1 for Intelligence, +3 for Endurance, and +3 for Personality, making his stats 41, 56, 33 respectively for these attributes.

////////////////////////////////////////////


6:32 pm
Hours later (but not too many hours later) the Redguard awakes, annoyed to find he'd fallen asleep on the Marie Elena's middle deck still wearing the torn-up fur armor he had found in the Imperial sewer system. He discards these items (breastpiece and boots) and quickly finds a pair of doeskin shoes, tan linens, and a dark green shirt up top.

"Better to prowl with these, after all."

He looks in his prowler's sack to find a bottle of Cheap Wine just waiting for its name to be called. Kahreem downs this bottle, and cannot resist opening a nearby barrel where he's stashed 16 more.

"Ahh there we go!" he announces to the wooden walls that surround him. "Nothing like the taste and warmth of a good bottle of Cheap Wine.".. It's not long before he grabs a bite to eat, and then leaves his 'home' to go seek the King of the Guards.

8:58 pm

"The Grey Fox is hiding nearby! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HIM?"

Upon leaving his residence, Kahreem of Weet is astounded to find the search for the Thieves Guild's leader still goes on. Even at this hour, Heironymus Lex has made sure to staff the Waterfront full of Arcane University battlemages along with the usual, standard, iron-wearing guards. Even at this hour, these guards run tirelessly upon the Waterfront. Up and down, in and out. There seems to be no end to this.

"I have an arrest warrant for the Grey Fox, DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS?"

Knowing he's got a bounty upon his head, Kahreem doesn't answer the battlemage, but he points slyly to his left, and raises his eyebrows. Taking this cue, the battlemage now follows the Redguard's direction He's mine! not knowing the man who he's just been cued by is wanted for stealing the Arch Mage's Ice Staff, not to mention horse theft.

Unsure of where Lex might be, Kahreem decides he'll sneak behind a couple of Waterfront shacks, just I case he finds the man he's looking for, and happens to hear him speak. He initially thinks he won't be able to find Lex at this hour, there's no way the man could be here along with his minions, not after dark.

"Carry on, soldier!"

But then there he is. As the Redguard crouches between Armand's home, and the shack which had recently been bought by a roving, red-headed paladin of sorts, he manages to hone in upon Hieronymus Lex with no concerns. After a minute or so of crouching in shadow, Kahreem realizes he doesn't actually need to hide. There are so many guards nearby, he is spotted over and over again, yet nobody raises a fuss. The Redguard decides he'll stand fully now, and pretend to simply be a law-abiding Waterfront Citizen.

That is when (to his surprise) the apparition appeared, and the Redguard's life would never be the same. ...

ph34r.gif

Posted by: mirocu Mar 26 2014, 08:45 AM

Oooh! The adventures of Kahreem continues! As always I love the dialogue and all the small things he does to get to his goal and it´s interesting to get inside his head sometimes. Can´t wait for the next update so I hope there´s rain in Maryland for the next couple of weeks! laugh.gif


-Well done, Renee! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Posted by: Vital Mar 26 2014, 12:55 PM

Yay! A Kahreem update biggrin.gif

Great job on this one, Renee. Loved all the dialogue, especially the exchange between Kahreem and the beggar. You used the in-game dialogue quite well to form a conversation. I wonder what's happened to Kahreem??? Is he going back to jail? The part where the guards show up in the waterfront was such a surprise when I did the thieves guild tongue.gif

Posted by: Grits Mar 31 2014, 03:56 PM

It’s so fun to read Kareem’s view of events as he goes through these quests! His interactions with the beggars are hilarious. I LOLed when I read “Toon.” tongue.gif


Kanet is presently creeping around Castle Bravil in the guise of an overnight “guest.” She figures that if she’s caught in the quarters of an upper class fellow Dunmer http://i.imgur.com/iUuVIm8.png she won’t have too much explaining to do. In fact the guard might be too embarrassed to confront her. (Good luck with that plan, Kanet!)

The Grey Fox’s requests have been increasingly alarming. She arrived at her last destination as http://i.imgur.com/3LVe3Jx.png seeking enlightenment, but no one actually saw her while she was there. Her instructions were vague about whom she could kill. Not being much of a killer she took pains to only shoot things that were critters or once-dead already. Her enchanted bow Turn kept her from major injury. She was able to plan her fights for long corridors where she could get several shots in as various undead things rushed at her and then away for a few steps after she shot them. Even the final mortal guardian of the artifact remained largely unbothered by her presence. He thought he heard something but it must have been the wind.

This dungeon was hair-raising. It was mostly pitch-black so Kanet had to keep switching between her bow and a candle when she saw a life sign nearby. It was hard to tell good guys from bad until she got right on them. Very deadly traps. She almost died passing through one even though she saw it! Also she ran low on lockpicks. I’m using the auto-attempt function so she has to do it herself. I was so tempted to pick some of them for her! panic.gif

On her way back to civilization Kanet was completely shocked to stumble upon the Shrine of Azura. It’s tended by http://i.imgur.com/R3Cdz4q.png she has ever seen. Kanet was quite taken with him. She was pleased to have met him looking mostly like herself (still dressed as a pilgrim) so when she meets him later she won’t have to pretend. It was excellent timing to find this shrine as Kanet’s faith through her boss is presently shaken. Kanet knows no way to check in with Nocturnal, so she’ll return as soon as possible in the hopes of speaking to Azura. Kanet has always felt torn between twilight and shadow. Perhaps it doesn’t have to be that way.

Anyway as soon as she got home to the Imperial City she gave herself a manicure and went shopping. This means mostly checking for nice things left out on counters that she might like to pick after hours, but she does quite a bit of legitimate business with the alchemists. Now that she’s had her eyes opened by the hot priest of Azura it seems that http://i.imgur.com/wSIOahP.png are coming out of the woodwork. Sadly her nails do not show in this picture. Trust me, they match her necklace and toes.

So now she’s sneaking through a castle looking slutty with permission to kill an important person. Kanet is very uneasy about this job. Her boss has dropped some references to other important people. Kanet has no idea what he intends, but she hopes it’s not as bad as it sounds. She is not in the Dark Brotherhood. Killing people is not what she signed up for.


Posted by: Acadian Mar 31 2014, 04:30 PM

Kanet is a shopping dream! biggrin.gif

The TG questline details are fuzzy to me. After all, the last time I did it was BB (Before Buffy) which translates to probably 2007-8. It is fun seeing Kanet going through it as she collects baubles and handsome Dunmer. wink.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 1 2014, 12:35 PM

It’s no surprise that Kanet’s favorite place to shop is the Apachii Goddess store right in her own neighborhood. Unfortunately even if those hyper-vigilant goddess shopkeepers would ever close their store and go to sleep Kanet wouldn’t allow herself to steal from a neighbor. Too close to home. So she’s always broke and has an endless list of trinkets she plans to buy next. This is why she still lacks any Nighteye enchantments! It’s a good thing most of their stock wouldn’t fit her. Sigh.

The last time I went through the TG questline was years ago with a post-Main Quest fallen hero detoxing from a stint in the Dark Brotherhood. She could kill anything, had tons of specialized gear, and could turn herself invisible at any time. It’s much more fun with Kanet. smile.gif


The Castle Bravil night watch is almost as dedicated as our Dunmeri Shadowfoot. After a thorough search of the more accessible areas she realized that there was only one way to her goal. It required a change of costume. Here Kanet waits for her chance http://i.imgur.com/wUiGN98.png. (Not a sexy maid, just a maid. tongue.gif ) Her prayers throughout the small hours of the watch were equally that there would be a significant break between shifts and that she would not actually be called upon for any morning maid work. She does not have the stomach for emptying chamber pots.

It turns out that she does have the stomach for cutting parts off of fallen daedric enemies if they’ll make a good potion. Kanet got very pissed off in the series of dungeons that led to her next goal. She became convinced that the court mage must know what his friends and their dremora were up to under his remote tower. Actually that fact that he felt the need for a remote tower should have been a pretty big clue that things would get ugly. She got into two toe-to-toe confrontations with conjurors, both nearly fatal to her. By the time the court wizard himself finally caught and confronted her, Kanet simply grabbed what she was after and ran for her life.

It worked. Still she’s not going back to Castle Bravil any time soon. The wizard saw her in a soaking wet, bloodied, exhausted, starving, no lipstick, and nearly crazed with terror state, but there’s still a chance he might recognize her. He is after all a wizard.

Also he was pretty cute from what she could see past his summoning fog and the fire from his pet daedra.

No, Kanet, she tells herself. Do NOT go back to flirt with attractive but possibly murderous court mage.

Kanet consoled herself by wearing one of her favorite gowns when she got back to Chorrol. Her business went smoothly and the usually rapacious Rashida gave her a fair price with no questions about where she picked up an enchanted dremora mace. Best of all she was reminded of the Night Mistress’ presence when she http://i.imgur.com/YQYrZdg.png (from http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39420/) near the cemetery. The shadows have hidden her many times when she thought for certain that she was caught. She was wrong to doubt their Mistress’ favor.

Still, a return to Azura’s shrine (and Azura’s priest) is in the plan. After a trip home to rest she might head in that direction.

Oh, and it’s still raining Dunmeri men. Her new rank has provided her with a new fence also named Fathis. If she gets time to pocket some choice items maybe she’ll get to meet him.

Posted by: Acadian Apr 1 2014, 12:46 PM

I'm still loving how fun it is that Kanet requires such a massive wardrobe and stock of appropriate accessories. Yes, Toc Toc is a very neat (and capable) little companion! Like a 'melee' version of Maigrets' little pixies. biggrin.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 1 2014, 01:00 PM

Kanet’s Thieves Bag (Bag of Holding mod) is stuffed with clothing and accessories. She only steals what she can carry with her very limited encumbrance plus Feather potions. It cracks me up that she won’t use her magic bag for its intended purpose. She doesn’t want to muss the wigs or wrinkle her clothes!

If it could be said that Grits collects anything it would be Maigrets’ mods. Somehow they’re always just right. happy.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 2 2014, 04:25 PM

Kanet executed her orders with her customary style and efficiency. I knew what was coming and felt some concern for her, but Kanet’s hand is much quicker on the bowstring after recent events. She no longer wonders what she should do when she’s somewhere dark and smelly and a stranger rapidly approaches. Especially when she’s just killed a bunch of vampires. ohmy.gif

While she was in the neighborhood she climbed back up the mountain and spoke to the Lady of Twilight. Azura told a tale that made the usually chill Kanet shed a tear. Thankfully due to habitual snooping she knew where she could pick up some fire salts for free (as soon as their owner left for work), so she had some decent fire damage poison on her arrows later when she most needed it. Still, her nerves are not made for combat. Afterward she dried her tears, healed the places where the last guy clobbered her, and pulled her arrows out of various posts and wooden partitions where she had managed to miss the guy multiple times at close range. She gets really scared, especially when confronted by a heavily armored orc vampire wielding an enchanted axe. Also he was talking about her sweet meat or something while attacking her and that was upsetting.

Kanet did not touch the bodies other than gathering a bit of their dust and picking up a note. She wasn’t sure if Azura would want proof that the vampires were now at peace. She had no intention of looting Azura’s afflicted yet still faithful followers.

Back at the shrine Azura rewarded her with an astonishing gift. Kanet was so stunned she forgot to ask the Lady if she was screwing up or if her life was on the right path. She’s been called “wicked one” so many times she’s starting to believe it. Anyway Kanet forgot to ask but then realized that Azura wouldn’t have handed over her Star to someone she didn’t favor.

The handsome priest turned out to be a Nightblade named Mels, and he would be more than happy to join Kanet on her adventures (Companion Share and Recruit). Kanet decided to shelve that idea until she is less likely to get arrested every time she walks through a city gate. Mels called her Star-Bearer. She thought that was pretty special. Also shehttp://i.imgur.com/QiZvnJG.png and decided on the spot that Nightblades are hot. The monks robe will have to go, though. She’s going to be “shopping” for some badass light armor.

Funnily enough right before she left Kanet looked back at the statue and noticed that Azura was holding aloft a star and moon. Now she wonders who might be the Moon-Bearer.

During the side trip to pick up fire salts before the vampire wars Kanet embarrassed herself by getting caught stealing a silver vase. Her response after paying the fine was to completely clean out the castle. The countess and guests will be eating from parchment plates for a while. At least until Ongar gets his stock back into legitimate trade. Even then there will be a few pieces missing from the set. Kanet decided to brighten up her little waterfront house with some Brumese silver.

Posted by: ghastley Apr 2 2014, 06:47 PM

QUOTE
Now she wonders who might be the Moon-Bearer.


Azura allows others to Star, but she does all her own Mooning. tongue.gif

Posted by: mirocu Apr 2 2014, 09:58 PM

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 2 2014, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE
Now she wonders who might be the Moon-Bearer.


Azura allows others to Star, but she does all her own Mooning. tongue.gif

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Posted by: ghastley Apr 3 2014, 02:56 AM

Hopefully Kanet will get around tohttp://ghastley.org/oblivion/Docs/AzurasCrescent.htmland find out the answer. Grits wrote that she'd downloaded it, but Kanet's got to finish the TG quest line before she gets to do the extensions.

Posted by: Grits Apr 3 2014, 03:14 PM

Indeed Kanet had to finish the TG questline, level up twice to meet the Daedric quest requirement, and then make a pilgrimage to Nocturnal’s shrine before she was ready to start Evergloam. She hadn’t retrieved Nocturnal’s Eye yet. Good thing it’s spring break in Grits World and the family has gone on vacation! The Oblivion marathon continues. biggrin.gif

Kanet has undertaken the heist of the era on behalf of the Grey Fox. His plans were sketchy at best, but Kanet and her bag of disguises were up to the task. Actually it may be her past inventiveness that made the Fox choose her to complete his life’s work. She’s really had to improvise!

First she set out to establish her assumed identity to the palace guards in case she encountered them later. She dressed in a way that should fit her persona but she hoped would encourage them to http://i.imgur.com/1fh6Ht0.png. It seemed to work. She found what she was looking for by sheer chance while wildly sneak-dodging a guard in a restricted area. Clear evidence of Nocturnal’s favor.

Her next goal was just as vague as the first. Kanet dressed as http://i.imgur.com/ZKTO3nV.png strolling the grounds of the finer districts while she searched. She planned to next prowl as herself gathering alchemy ingredients and if that failed she would pick through the city’s seedier areas dressed as a beggar. She shuddered to think of putting that wig on again. Thankfully she found an entry point in her tourist guise and the rest was unnecessary.

Kanet approached the next part with care. She had been given a license to kill by her boss, but she thinks he overstepped his bounds in doing so. If she was not skilled enough to get away with the heist then they should not attempt it. Kanet bears no hatred for Legion or guards. She knows that more than a few were juvenile offenders themselves who turned to law enforcement when given a second chance. Without order her guild could not operate successfully. The guards are just doing their jobs the same as she. No one should have to die over it. If caught she would use all of her skills to escape, not fight.

As it turned out she used up nearly all of her arrows (again) on monsters, creatures, and various undead. Her luck was uncanny. The dungeons took so long to find her way through that there was no way she could time her entry back into civilized quarters. She arrived in the midst of palace guards without warning, and they were all asleep. They woke up while she was in a corridor and while scurrying away from them she found the way forward. Eventually someone opened a locked door for her while she was invisible and opening it would have given away her position. Then they walked through it and away leaving her alone in the room where she finally found the exit! Whew. If I had consulted the wiki and tried to time it I couldn’t have planned it that way. I checked the clock and she got there right when the troops were waking up for the day. Close call!

In her final task Kanet returned to Anvil with a message for the countess. The last time she was there in the role of courier, so this time she took a different approach. Kanet remembered the countess’ good taste that was evident in her dress and decorating, so she dressed herself up as a woman http://i.imgur.com/kgfsiPH.png to get the countess’ attention but not so conventional that she would refuse to carry a gift for a Stranger.

The scene that followed further warmed Kanet’s newly thawed heart. Also it appealed to her sense of justice. She feels perfectly at home in her new role as the Grey Fox. She has lots of ideas for developing her people. But first she’s going to climb into her new bed for a nice long rest. wink.gif

Posted by: Acadian Apr 3 2014, 03:24 PM

Whew! I was holding my breath as Kanet was sneaking and sniping around. I continue to love her disguises - and now she has a new one as the Gray Fox. The TG has always been my fave quest line because, when all is said and done, it is a love story. happy.gif

Posted by: ghastley Apr 3 2014, 04:02 PM

Kanet doesn't need Nocturnal's eye to go further. But the skeleton key does become unavailable if she were to start the Evergloam series without getting it first, as I swap out the statue for one with different dialog.

I like her fashion choices. What's she going to wear for her interview with Nocturnal?

Posted by: Grits Apr 3 2014, 05:26 PM

Acadian, now that it’s fresh in my memory I can confidently say the TG is my favorite questline, too. Kanet became a much warmer person over the course of it, although the http://i.imgur.com/4f20rJc.png. Plus, Amusei! Love that guy. happy.gif

ghastley, I ran through a few see-if-I can-break-it scenarios without saving. With See You Sleep active Kanet was wearing only earrings when she first met Nocturnal in person. Her extensive wardrobe does not include nightgowns. So no screenshot of that encounter (which worked just fine) since she was stretched out on the bed. tongue.gif

Here’s http://i.imgur.com/7SZ6dq8.png the first time she found Nocturnal’s shrine for the vanilla quest.

And here’s http://i.imgur.com/EJo6Ny9.png as it happened for real. It was very memorable. ohmy.gif (I used See You Sleep’s Wait method of sleeping this time so Kanet would not be lying down.)

Kanet wore her non-armor dark adventure outfit with a practical hair style to go visit Nocturnal once Kanet had been summoned. She has no idea what to expect, but she’s pretty sure that the Mistress of Shadows would not approve of bright clothing, glowing rings, or reflective nail polish. Here she’s about to take http://i.imgur.com/NyC8Ot5.png. (I obscured the statue’s bits just in case anyone had a magnifying glass, lol.)




.
Edit: spelling. rolleyes.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 4 2014, 04:14 PM

Kanet (and Toc Toc) had a lovely http://i.imgur.com/3HVnWuO.png. After her chat with Nocturnal she took a thorough tour of the castle. It was just dark enough to give her a big surprise when she met her first Winged Twilight on the ramparts. ohmy.gif She was very impressed!

Her task was straightforward, and Kanet had no concerns about disappointing her Mistress. She wore her http://i.imgur.com/XFxm7Za.png for the job so as to not be memorable. Of course now that she has a better sense of Nocturnal’s style she http://i.imgur.com/3LoT7Pz.png for the return trip to Evergloam. The last time Kanet felt both overdressed and underdressed standing next to Nocturnal’s beautiful attendants. This time she felt right at home.

Nocturnal’s parting gift will be very useful indeed. Kanet has still been depending on potions in the dark. And now she has incentive to get into some trouble back in the mortal realm. biggrin.gif

Posted by: haute ecole rider Apr 4 2014, 05:03 PM

After reading ghastley's posts about his Evergloam mod, I'm finding Kanet's experiences in Nocturne's realm to be very interesting.

I loved the bi-colored hair on her return to Cyrodiil. She looks adorable in it!

Of course the upswept style is extremely elegant on her!

Are all of these Apachii's Wigs? I don't recognize some of them.

Posted by: Grits Apr 4 2014, 05:13 PM

Kanet has selections from the Apachii Goddess store and from the Apachii wig mod. I’m sure there are some in the store that are not found in the Pell’s Gate barrels, but I have no idea which.

It’s a lot of fun to see some things I’ve never seen before. I’ll keep posting Kanet’s Daedric adventures while not spoiling too much with pictures and details. smile.gif

Posted by: ghastley Apr 4 2014, 05:42 PM

I liked her having bi-coloured hair "so as not to be memorable". biggrin.gif

Since you mentioned Nocturnal's parting gift, that tells me you completed that quest without any show-stopping glitches. Let's hope they all do that, especially Amusei finding you when he needs to.




Posted by: Acadian Apr 4 2014, 06:06 PM

I'm so enjoying the adventures of Kanet the Klothes Horse! She has great taste and a fabulous wardrobe for every occasion. tongue.gif

Posted by: haute ecole rider Apr 5 2014, 02:56 AM

Julian headed off to Anvil to meet a retired pirate she had met in Weye. The old man had somehow coerced her into securing a treasure map for him, and then she set off into the unknown with him to help him find the treasure. They ended up at an abandoned island full of undead. Her Sigil-Stone enchanted chameleon jewelry stood her in good stead and she was able to ambush each of the bones without getting mobbed.

After a pretty interesting dungeon crawl that stumped her more than once, she found a *shiny* shield and brought it back to the old man. Only thing is, when he took it from her, he tried to kill her to keep her quiet! Obviously Julian didn't take kindly to that sort of betrayal and defended herself rather effectively. Pissed off, she returned to the ship that had brought them to the island. The ship's first mate swore up one side and down the other that he never suspected the old pirate's plans to leave her bones on the island alongside the others. Julian did not take her anger out on him, but she was rather abrupt in her "suggestion" that they head back to Anvil ASAP.

To be honest, she was more pissed at herself than anything else, for letting herself be suckered so easily. Got to stop rescuing every cat I see, she thought silently during the three-day voyage back to Anvil. Some of them are mountain lions and perfectly capable of fending for themselves!

Back in Anvil, she took a little time to rest, then took a walk along the coast. It never fails to calm her spirits to see the ocean and listen to the waves while enjoying the lovely scenery of golden seagrass and dark green coastal pines. She made it as far as Beldaburo before she felt ready to return to Anvil and her newly remodeled home above the harbor.

The next morning, however, she woke up feeling feverish, with shaky limbs. She recognized the signs of Feeble Limb and slowly made her way into Anvil for Chapel healing, kicking herself for selling that potion of Cure Disease. Redguards never get sick. Right.

Posted by: mirocu Apr 5 2014, 03:05 PM

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 5 2014, 03:56 AM) *

Back in Anvil, she took a little time to rest, then took a walk along the coast.

She met Lothran perhaps? My dark elf happens to have done the same exact thing yesterday but I can´t remember him reporting a gate-closing Redguard being around.. biggrin.gif

Posted by: haute ecole rider Apr 5 2014, 03:22 PM

Julian was tired of fighting, so she wore her Chameleon gear. That's probably why Lothran didn't see a white-haired Redguard . . .

Come to think of it, Julian didn't see a white-haired Dunmer. But then, she spent much of the time gazing out to sea . . .

Oh, and she loves her remodeled home at Gweden Farm. Already she is planning how to restore her mother's garden, fix the fences and build a little shed for Blanco . . .

But first she has a Dunmer maiden to rescue . . . wacko.gif

Posted by: Acadian Apr 5 2014, 03:30 PM

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 4 2014, 06:56 PM) *
... Got to stop rescuing every cat I see, she thought silently during the three-day voyage back to Anvil ...
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 5 2014, 07:22 AM) *
...But first she has a Dunmer maiden to rescue . . . wacko.gif


I guess old habits die hard, as Julian sets her sights on rescuing another cat Dunmer maiden. wink.gif

Glad the Gweden home is coming along well. It surely is a beautiful location. smile.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Apr 5 2014, 04:03 PM

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 5 2014, 10:22 AM) *

But first she has a Dunmer maiden to rescue . . . wacko.gif

Did Kanet go and get herself into trouble? laugh.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 5 2014, 06:25 PM

I’d love to see pictures of Julian’s remodeled home when she’s ready! That’s such a pretty spot.

Kanet is on a rescue mission of her own, but she feels like she may end up needing rescue! ohmy.gif

Amusei found her in the morning and delivered his message. wub.gif It was funny, when Kanet got to the castle she found Nocturnal asleep, or at least she was in her bed. Kanet stood bedside for a few minutes thinking how the tables had turned and now she’s the one going bump in the night! tongue.gif

Nocturnal was not jesting when she said she had a task. Kanet is proud that Nocturnal thinks so highly of her, but she http://i.imgur.com/5XCHsn8.png in real danger of wetting her greaves. Kanet has not touched the Main Quest so this is her first time in the Deadlands.

Fortunately she is a good shot and most things have tried to attack her with fire. Kanet is steeped in Dunmeri awesome which of course includes native fire resistance. She’s getting more confident as she collects rare alchemy ingredients such as fire salts straight from the source. biggrin.gif

Now she’s poised at the entrance to a tunnel whose name she interprets as “The Cave Of You’re Going To Die In Here.” So she’s still pretty nervous.


Posted by: haute ecole rider Apr 5 2014, 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 5 2014, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 4 2014, 06:56 PM) *
... Got to stop rescuing every cat I see, she thought silently during the three-day voyage back to Anvil ...
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 5 2014, 07:22 AM) *
...But first she has a Dunmer maiden to rescue . . . wacko.gif


I guess old habits die hard, as Julian sets her sights on rescuing another cat Dunmer maiden. wink.gif

Glad the Gweden home is coming along well. It surely is a beautiful location. smile.gif

That's one thing I enjoy about Julian. She keeps kicking herself for helping every helpless(!) victim of misfortune, two and four legged both, then moves right on to the next one without thinking about it! biggrin.gif Agreed on the Gweden home, only it's Julian's home. Now if I can figure out how to change its flag in the CS so it shows on the map as "Julian's Home" rather than "Gweden Farm"!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 5 2014, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 5 2014, 10:22 AM) *

But first she has a Dunmer maiden to rescue . . . wacko.gif

Did Kanet go and get herself into trouble? laugh.gif

Did she? Where did she go? (Julian looks around.) Hold on until after I rescue Mireena!

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 5 2014, 12:25 PM) *

I’d love to see pictures of Julian’s remodeled home when she’s ready! That’s such a pretty spot.

Kanet is on a rescue mission of her own, but she feels like she may end up needing rescue! ohmy.gif

*snip*

Nocturnal was not jesting when she said she had a task. Kanet is proud that Nocturnal thinks so highly of her, but she http://i.imgur.com/5XCHsn8.png in real danger of wetting her greaves. Kanet has not touched the Main Quest so this is her first time in the Deadlands.

*snip*

Now she’s poised at the entrance to a tunnel whose name she interprets as “The Cave Of You’re Going To Die In Here.” So she’s still pretty nervous.


Well, Kanet could have asked Julian to join her! This old pilus doesn't mind showing newbies the ropes! After all, that's what she did for 20 years! Old habits die hard indeed!

Julian says she wants to decorate up her new home a little bit more before we start taking screenies. Plus she wants to get her mother's garden and Blanco's home situated first. But your request for screenies will be honored!

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 5 2014, 09:08 PM

Holy crisis this thread's been busy! smile.gif Good, I'm glad others are using it. Oblivion is fun to write up, that's for damn sure...


Kahreem of Weet

Level: 6
Location: Waterfront
Days Passed: 86
Play Time: 117:10:49

Bounty: 340

Fame: 0
Infamy: 9

Tirdas, 10:08 pm Sun's Dusk 20


"I'm looking for the Grey Fox, what can you tell me?"

Kahreem of Weet downs a second bottle of Cheap Wine while Hieronymus Lex stands just a few paces away. All around, his minions (his guards, plus some Arcane University battlemages) do their best to find the blasted thief.

"No sign of him!" reports an iron-suited Imperial.

"Ucch" Kahreem says to himself. "I mean, if some fokkinge battlemages can't find the scoundrel with their magic, they may as well give up."

Kahreem decides he'll risk getting closer to Lex, maybe he can talk some sense to the man, when all a sudden a whoosh of yellow light flashes nearby. It happens several yards away from where Kahreem and Lex stand, just past the shack which had recently been bought by a red-haired do-gooding paladin. As the men gaze with a mixture of fear, and a little bit of awe, a shape reveals itself from the flash.

"A .. daedric being?"

There had been rumors that the Daedra might attack from the plane of Oblivion for weeks now, perhaps they already had. There had been sighting, you see. As the group of men on the City's isle hold their ground, they realize this could be it. This could be the very beginning of an attack on the Imperial City itself. ... But they needn't fret; only one of their army appears, not dozens.

"Begone, mortal!" the daedric man says in an otherworldly voice.

As Kahreem decides this sounds like some of the greatest advice he's ever heard, because what if there is suddenly some sort of attack, the man-like figure from Oblivion turns to go. But first, he hands a note to the captain of the guards.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/6660bc3e-8fe4-485e-8ec3-8d15ca871545_zps92293508.jpg.html


"So, they send a foul daedra to deliver a simple note when a simple footpad could have done so?" Lex asks smugly. "How typical."All right men! We've been ordered back to our posts. I smell the dirty hand of the Grey Fox behind this."

Before Kahreem can blink, the Oblivion being is gone, while Lex and his posse give up their search, just like that.

"Amazing. Guess the Waterfront's back to normal, now. I gotta find me a daedra outfit."

The Redguard thief decides he'll follow the guards back into the city. He notices that some guards don't even get to take a break; they merely return to their usual posts. And at this realization, the Weet Bandit kicks himself.

"A guard-free Imperial City? Rats. Just missed my chance for the ULTIMATE crime spree."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/ed3ee826-d742-4cb0-ba42-eb7502376d0c_zps078be886.jpg.html


Middas, 12:20

"I see you are a follower of the grey Fox, too!" Methredhel says in amazement as Kahreem walks through the door of her 'hideout'.

"Ummm. Yeah. I am. Are you just ... realizing this now? I've only been in the fokkinge Thieves Guild for like three months."

"I'm glad you're here, we have work to do", the elf says as the Redguard approaches further.

"Well of course we do. I just did my part, Hieronymus Lex has left the Waterfront. Now where's my compensation? Where's my pay?"

"He's been ordered to evacuate the Waterfront? Excellent!," says the elf. "Well, I have one last task for you. As a sign of good faith, the Thieves Guild needs somebody to returns Hrormir's Icestaff to the Arcane University."

"Oh, and let me guess who's going to do be asked to do this?"

"However, the wizards are not to be trusted," she says somewhat angrily while ignoring the Redguard's sarcasm. "I'm sure they are watching for us to put it back where you got it. They would have no qualms about killing you once they had the Icestaff back."

"Oh brother, here we go again."

"Instead, I want you to put the Icestaff into Ontus Vanin's safe chest. He keeps one in his home. Ontus is a former University researcher."

At this, Kahreem suddenly smiles. "Sounds like this 'Ontus' is going to be framed for something" he says, "and not the sort of frame you hang up on a wall."

The elf says nothing, so Kahreem then adds "Well look, that sounds good and fine, I'm definitely up for that task, but I'm also in this for the gold. You know, Septims? ... Coin? Why, lately it seems the fokkinge beggars have more gold in their pockets than I do!"

"Greedy. bastard, aren't you?" Methredhel is now gushing again. "I like that in a thief! ... But you'll have to see S'krivva about that. I'm just the one who's running the scam."

"Hah, S'kriiva. I have to go all the way back to fokkinge Bravil just to get some compensation. Where's the Gray Fox in all this, hasn't he got some deep pockets? Rats. I want some gold and I want it NOW! Do you know I could have been killed, I had to come all the way up through the Sewers just to get this to you!"

"Shadow hide you," Methredhel mock-whispers, apparently closing the subject.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 5 2014, 10:05 PM

QUOTE

It turns out that she does have the stomach for cutting parts off of fallen daedric enemies if they’ll make a good potion.


This made me crack up! Kanet's fun to read about, and I agree, it's more fun being with a thief who's not so skilled with magic.

And I'm getting that crow mod. Oh yeah.




Posted by: mirocu Apr 6 2014, 08:12 AM

Holy levelling, Batman! Kahreem is at 67?? blink.gif

Once again an awesome story from the Weet bandit! biggrin.gif And it seems he once again will have to wait for his hard-earned Septims.. tongue.gif

Well done, ms Gade! IPB Image

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 6 2014, 12:11 PM

Thanks, and Whoops. He should be Level 6, not 67. I thought it was pretty kewl that Kahreem was so fixated on getting paid, and finally the game's dialog supports this. There's a moment when it says "Where's my pay?" or something.

Where on Earth did you get that emoticon?

Posted by: mirocu Apr 6 2014, 12:20 PM

I thought that him being level 67 was a bit strange rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 6 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Where on Earth did you get that emoticon?

From the hidden depths of the internet.. emot-ninja1.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 6 2014, 03:38 PM

laugh.gif I took 67 to mean 6 or 7. Probably 6 since I think Kahreem leveled up not long ago!

QUOTE
"Begone, mortal!" the daedric man says in an otherworldly voice.

As Kahreem decides this sounds like some of the greatest advice he's ever heard

rollinglaugh.gif

Kanet did not die in the tunnels. Nor did she die in the towers, the rockslides, traps, or any of the dangers she faced in the Deadlands. She quickly learned how many arrows it took to bring down various enemies and was able to give herself room to work.

It took her some time to find what she was looking for, but as long as there was a way forward and a way out she kept going. She did briefly consider returning Nocturnal’s item and leaving its bearer to her fate. Kanet is no hero. But in the end she kept opening just one more door until she found she had to finish what she’d started.

Now she’s back home with a bag of rare ingredients to play with. The rescued Bosmer is resting in Evergloam. Kanet will go back and visit her soon, but for now she wants a bath, silk sheets, wine and candles, and a manicure.

Posted by: haute ecole rider Apr 6 2014, 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 6 2014, 09:38 AM) *

Now she’s back home with a bag of rare ingredients to play with. The rescued Bosmer is resting in Evergloam. Kanet will go back and visit her soon, but for now she wants a bath, silk sheets, wine and candles, and a manicure.

Whew! And all Julian got was a used bedroll and polenta! cool.gif

Posted by: Grits Apr 7 2014, 12:51 PM

laugh.gif Kanet would not appreciate that situation. She can be tough, but she requires a lot of maintenance.

Kanet put her fresh fire salts to good use in her next mission from Nocturnal. She wiped out a vampire nest and not a single bat was harmed. She was spotted once but managed to slip through a door and away without the need to defend herself. Her outfit for this job was the most spectacular one yet. She wore Nocturnal’s ring, a Life Detection necklace, a Base Ring of Sneak, and Chameleon sandals. She figured that bats might hear even the softest whisper of cloth, so she made sure she wasn’t wearing any.

I loved this quest! The sneaky ones are my favorite. Kanet’s Sneak, Marksman, and Alchemy (poison) working together made her deeds in the dark worthy of the Grey Fox legends. Plus now she has a bankroll for her next shopping spree. Nocturnal may even turn her into a vampire hunter! Kanet enjoys being awesome. She’ll definitely be back for more of the very special arrows she found.

The arrow situation was kind of funny. Kanet was specifically not going to loot anything from the interlopers in Nocturnal’s realm thinking that it would sort of be stealing from Nocturnal. But of course she had to peek into the containers she found. Then it was all a matter of rationalizing her need for those arrows! tongue.gif

It wasn’t long afterward before Kanet’s favorite Argonian brought her another message. Nocturnal sent her to Azura’s realm on a business trip. Thankfully she is not half-blind as a result. Kanet loves Moonshadow!

Now that Kanet has seen how daedric princes(ses) dress she had a good idea http://i.imgur.com/uT8zDBv.png for her visit. She made a quick change for a sneak through a cave, but it was no trouble at all to get dressed up again to meet the Lady of Twilight. (I’m not sure if the tunnel critters are just friendly or if Kanet was able to sneak right past their noses, but there was no blood shed in Azura’s realm.)

Kanet found Azura to be quite impressive in person. Also she is a big fan of Azura’s Winged Twilight. Now she has a job to do and some answers about Azura’s moon. biggrin.gif

Oh, and while she’s in town she’s going to hit the shops. With his habit of greeting her as she wakes Amusei has seen quite a lot of Kanet lately. She’s going to acquire a nightgown.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 7 2014, 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 6 2014, 10:38 AM) *

Kanet is no hero. But in the end she kept opening just one more door until she found she had to finish what she’d started.


This is aw7some. I mean aw6some.

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 7 2014, 07:51 AM) *

Plus now she has a bankroll for her next shopping spree.


rollinglaugh.gif Yes... very important, those shopping sprees.


Posted by: ghastley Apr 7 2014, 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 7 2014, 07:51 AM) *

I loved this quest! The sneaky ones are my favorite.

I'm not a sneak player, so creating these was a bit a challenge. They won't all be aimed at a sneak approach, but I don't think I ruled that out in any of them.
QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 7 2014, 07:51 AM) *

Oh, and while she’s in town she’s going to hit the shops. With his habit of greeting her as she wakes Amusei has seen quite a lot of Kanet lately. She’s going to acquire a nightgown.

Amusei appreciates "a lot", but he's met Silanu and Heidi, so he knows about "too much", too.

Posted by: Grits Apr 8 2014, 03:47 PM

biggrin.gif

Kanet is on a new mission from Evergloam. She got an awesome reward from Azura after the last one. The Lady of Twilight may be edging out the Mistress of Shadows as Kanet’s favorite Daedric Princess. Her reward came with a serious dilemma, though. She can only summon him once per day. Should she call him to her side for combat or for company? And will he stick around long enough? tongue.gif Only time will tell.

Kanet has been shy about wearing the Grey Cowl of Nocturnal, but she put it on for this adventure. But first she had a miserable trip to Leyawiin. She was not expecting http://i.imgur.com/sui2PNT.png that far south. Or maybe it just seemed cold after frolicking in Moonshadow’s waters. Also the merchants didn’t have anything she wanted to steal.

But now she’s back in the IC looking glamorous and about to break in to a house she’s been inside before. She happens to know the old gentleman who lives there from setting up her alias the last time. Since she wasn’t caught she’s re-using that disguise. She just passed him on the street heading away from home, so she’s going for it. hehe.gif


Posted by: ghastley Apr 8 2014, 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 8 2014, 10:47 AM) *

... She can only summon him once per day...

Well, I guess that tells me which way she chose! Clark gets to summon her once a day.

And that reminds me that I don't have a second quest in Moonshadow. I added a guest house on an adjacent island, but the quest to get the key hasn't been made.

Posted by: Grits Apr 11 2014, 09:47 PM

Kanet is in Chorrol canvasing the castle, but not for a portrait. She’s dressed for a prison stay in case she gets tired of paying fines for trespassing and decides to get some rest in jail. Her luck has been awful. Maybe Nocturnal is unhappy with Kanet’s renewed devotion to her sister Azura.

It’s been difficult for Kanet to remain professional and only steal the thing she’s after. The castle is full of stuff she wants. She will definitely come back later with a big empty bag.


EDIT: Kanet completed her mission and returned home after a http://i.imgur.com/SMHAapf.png with her old boss. She really likes Anvil. She gets to wear her pink wig that only works with the blue dress which coordinates with Countess Umbranox’s décor. That castle is a lot of fun to explore. Plus there’s the added delight of asking Hieronymus Lex for silly things like directions. Over and over again. Kanet had a great time chatting with him. As she left he said something like, “Stay safe, citizen.” She thought that was hilarious.

Back at the Guild Hall Kanet spent some time rolling around on the pile of coins she earned before getting into bed. She hasn’t seen Amusei since she bought a nightie. She hoped that sleeping in the buff was some sort of Summon Amusei spell, so she tried it. No joy.

Perhaps the smith in Evergloam has finished making her enchanted arrows. Kanet likes those almost as much as strappy sandals or Fire Damage poison. She’ll head there in the morning.








Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 12 2014, 02:30 AM

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 11 2014, 04:47 PM) *

Back at the Guild Hall Kanet spent some time rolling around on the pile of coins she earned before getting into bed.


laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Exploring castles is lots of fun, I agree. There's more of a 'trespassing' feeling in Oblivion than there is in Skyrim. The NPCs in Oblivion also get SO MAD when they catch us sneaking around.

Posted by: Elisabeth Hollow Apr 12 2014, 05:11 PM

Samara ventured into The SHivering Isles and, while she's not too keen on becoming Sheogorath's Ultimate Fighting Champion, she did decide, the vain little thing she is, that she liked the clothing so much better in the Isles. So she bought a bunch and ventured back to Nirn.

Posted by: Grits Apr 12 2014, 07:53 PM

That’s what drew Kanet there. She helped Jared killed the Gatekeeper so she could get to the good shops. Maybe Samara will see Kanet browsing in Common Treasures! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 19 2014, 07:22 PM

Sun's Dusk 21, 1:09 am 3rd Era 433

Days Passed: 87
Days Jailed: 17
Bounty: 340

Where we left off: Kahreem has just gotten Hrormir's Icestaff back in his possession, and now must find out where Ontus Vanin lives so he can attempt to hide the staff in the researcher's home.

Kahreem dreads his new task. As the Weet Bandit leaves the Talos Plaza home where Methredhel is hiding, he has no idea where Ontus may live. Talos Plaza district? .. Elven Gardens? ... the man could be anywhere in the Imperial City, and he cannot remember if Methredhel had specified a certain area or not. To get an answer to this query, there's only one way...

"Ask a beggar. Ask a fokkinge beggar."

Kahreem doesn't want to do this of course, not with his meager supply of gold dwindling with every encounter with one of Cyrodiil's bums.

"Adventures get rich, like that Dyna gal I've heard about, while I toil with nonsense tasks such as this one," he complains, even as he's looking forward to placing the giant white staff on his back somewhere where it will go to good use. "Well, let us get to walking."

Kahreem doesn't see a beggar anywhere nearby, there are only a smattering of Imperial Guards. And somehow, these guards don't seem to think it's strange that a Redguard who looks suspiciously like the one who was recently spotted stealing a bay horse down on the Waterfront is now carrying a large, obviously expensive magical item on his back. Since they don't raise a fuss, Kahreem decides he'll start walking through the Talos Plaza district, checking names on various doors that he passes by. He starts with the nearest house, which is on his right.

"Ulen Athram. Nope."

The next door he sees to his left (across the plaza) is owned by a wealthy Dunmer. Kahreem knows this because he'd been in this manor several months ago, sneaking around and looking for things to loot.

"Can't be that home."

He looks to his far right, and notices a door located just to the left of some guards, and walks there.

"Claudius Arcadia. Rats! I am never going to find this Vantin Onus or whatever the fokke his name is."

But he keeps going straight. To his left are two doors: Agarmir and Matthias Draconis are the names on the placards, and with each of these names he begins to feel a sense of frustration. But then finally gets lucky "Yes!" and finds the door he's looking for. He places his lockpicks inside its keyhole, finds it's three-tumbler, and smiles.

As the night above begins to lighten, Kahreem manipulates the lock, breaking in on his fourth attempt.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/56d486a7-5819-47a6-95d8-0278f5c269d2_zps99b040f4.jpg.html


5:59 AM
Inside the home, Kahreem is greeted with the same soothing music he's heard in other wealthy-class homes and castles. The aroma of fresh fruit and sweetrolls wafts through the air. Silverware on the table, and rare books in the shelves. But the Weet Bandit only notices these things momentarily. For a moment, he actually forgets why he is in the home of this 'Vantus Onin'.

"Can my eyes be deceiving me?"

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/43bfe9c9-1fa6-43a8-bff4-5f42db57b1f6_zps6f967b22.jpg.html

He takes a closer look at the tall bottle on the dinner table before him.

"Why yessss. I do have a lovely bottle of Cheap Wine for ye. It'll be zero gold for the night!"

He says this, and it's not long before the bottle is empty and discarded, right on the floor. And to make matters worse, Kahreem decides it's been awhile since he's truly trashed a home, and soon all the forks, spoons, goblets, and plates on the table have been strewn about, helter-skelter.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/c86cf455-8a4c-4e8d-b21c-707951fad925_zpsf466899b.jpg.html


"Ahh sorry Master Onus. Guess you can say I'm not much of a maid."

Getting back to the task at hand, the Redguard climbs the stairs to the man's bedroom, thinking that this might be the best place to hide the Icestaff.

"Locked with a single-tumbler, ha!"

And like that, the Weet Bandit makes his way into the Imperial's bedroom.

9:48 am
Nobody is inside, which is odd. Wasting no time, he spies a chest nearby and decides to see if it will fit inside, which it somehow does. After performing this task, he looks around the room he is in, which is modest and well-kept, yet there's another bottle of the cheap stuff nearby.

"Oh yes, come to papa."

Kahreem downs this bottle too, and begins to feel that woozy warmth causing him to sway slightly on his feet. Luckily the job has been done. He raids through several drawers, barrels, and sacks, and finally finds something new to wear in the man's wardrobe. This is just before 'the man', a white-robed, white-haired wizard, catches the Redguard thief in action.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/d2748bf9-bc56-4e50-9c66-83bac8d27cc4_zps07e1879a.jpg.html

"For the love of Azura, can't a man get any privacy? GET OUT of here!"

Kahreem can't help but grin as he stands before the wizard, newly drunkened, and wearing some of the man's best clothes. He starts giggling like a boy, then laughing absurdly. He doesn't even know why!

"I'm warning you, get out or I'll call the guards," Ontus says in a mixed Imperial & Breton accent.

"Ohh but I am Aarmhayre the Great! ... No, I meant to say Vince the Spice Merchant! NO!!!" Kahreem laughter brays now. He's about to go to jail, he knows this for a fact, yet he cannot help but move from the silly man in white robes before him. He grabs an ear of corn left haphazardly on the man's desk, and begins to munch on it, spitting kernals of corn all over the floor.

"Put that back, you worthless thief!"

"Oh? You would like me to put this half-eaten piece of food back on your well-oiled desk? Sure!"

With this, Kahreem falls to the floor, rolling about in tortured, belly-aching guffaws. He feels damn-near paralyzed in this state, knows he's got just seconds before a guard shows up, but cannot make a move until this actually happens.

"Ohh heee heh ehe heeee!" he giggles. "You have a big, white magical stick in your chest, sir!! Might want to do something about that!"

"Break the law on MY WATCH, will ya? It's off to jail with ya -oh- and no golllld to pay your fine, hmm? It's off to the lockup then.."

"Fine! Let us to go to jail then!" Kahreem says, downing the last of the second bottle of Cheap Wine.

"Hope you rot, criminal scum!" smiles the guard smugly, looking forward to the bragging-fest he'll be hosting with his buddies later.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/84a4c9a3-2306-47d3-b0dd-da3364876bd4_zpsb02ad806.jpg.html

Posted by: mirocu Apr 19 2014, 07:30 PM

Will Kahreem ever be finished with that darned staff, I wonder..? laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Apr 19 2014, 07:39 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 19 2014, 02:30 PM) *

Will Kahreem ever be finished with that darned staff, I wonder..? laugh.gif

Let's find out! smile.gif I'm doing one of my live roleplays. It's like a Let's Play done with words.

Posted by: mirocu Apr 20 2014, 08:13 AM

Oh Kahreem, Kahreem. You little drunkard, you.. laugh.gif It would have been an easy drop for almost anyone but you had to drink those bottles right then and there, didn´t you? rollinglaugh.gif


Nice one, Renee! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 4 2014, 03:20 AM

Kahreem of Weet

Loredas 4:00 pm
Sun's Dusk 24, 3E 433


Level: 6
Days Passed: 90
Days Jailed: 20
Fame: 0
Infamy: 9

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/024144e8-2aeb-4e7e-87be-1ebbb9c10509_zps82b0ede5.jpg.html

"Hey, did you hear that? I thought I heard someone calling out for a guard, That's our cue!"

The Weet Bandit scoff at this as he is lead from the confines of The Bastion, the Imperial City's jail. But even as he scoffs, he has a flash of wisdom pertaining to the life these Imperials lead.

They get paid, they have a secure life, and in the eyes of many, they are applauded for their work. Unlike yourself. Look at you, being escorted from jail once again. Wearing cheap, smelly clothes and damn-near broke. Once again.

Kahreem looks inside the sack he's been handed back from the guards after his 3-day stint in the clinker, which contains all his legal possessions.

"Two torches, one rusty-ironed daggar, one potion of healing, and a couple of damn keys. That is it. That is what your life amounts to, in the eyes of the law." He also notices he's been given back the key to City-Swimmer's flat down in Bravil, as well as ten lockpicks. This is odd. He doesn't legally own the Argonian's flat, and do they want him to actually use those lockpicks?

He wonders if perhaps he might have a better existence if he somehow became a city guard. Well-fed, and well-championed. But thought comes quickly, and goes quickly. He imagines standing around all day, getting paid one damn Septim for all this standing around. Food is provided, and bed is provided, but really, ONE Septim? .. Banal conversations with other guards about 'new greaves' and 'that blasted thief!' ... Standing in the rain, and the hot sun. No. There's no way.

It's these thoughts that spur him on to his next one: getting back to Bravil as soon as possible, where he's been promised by Methredhel some gold. S'krivva is apparently supposed to now pay him for all his trouble.

Kahreem makes his way back to Methredhel now, hoping she's still in her Talos Plaza 'hideout' after his 3 days in jail. As he does so, a soft, depressing drizzle of rain begins to fall.


--------------------------------------------------------


6:54 PM

"Greetings!"

"This had better be good!"

Kahreem shuffles in his cheap jail clothes. Sandals that have been rotted to their cork cores. He's played many roles in his life, and worn many disguises, but right now he's not feeling the 'jail scum' look he's got on now doing anything other than embarrasing him.

"Me childrin ahh stahhving, please help!" says a beggar.

Kahreem can't help but laugh. "Come on now! Do I LOOK like I have any fokkinge gold?"

It's not long before he's back in the temporary home of his former contact, to report on the situation with Ontus and the missing icestaff.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/e2424cab-737b-4212-a994-5ef8d8b4cfd0_zps60a06ba0.jpg.html

Unfortunately, she is not here. Nobody is here. After a short meal, beef and garlic left to go cold on the dinner table and (of course) a shiny bottle of the Cheap Stuff to go with it, the Weet Bandit decides he'll head back to the Waterfront. Get in some better clothes, and go have a visit to Methredhel's swarthy shack.

------------------------------------------------------


Sundas, 1:59 AM

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/2661a915-3832-449a-868e-fbb6008ed287_zps55440cef.jpg.html

"I don't know if I can help you, but I'll try," says a female elf standing in the middle of Methredhel's shack. She wears a green top, while another elf stands by, this one wearing even less. A third figure lies asleep on the floor. To Kahreem's wine-blurred eyes, he cannot tell which of these elves (if any) is actually Methredhel. But he likes what he sees. Two nubile, very feminine elves, and not very much left to the imagination. Who cares if they smell a little rancid, a little too much like they've been living on the docks for years now?

"I see you're a follower of the Grey Fox, too!" gushes one of the pair.

"Hey you know ladies. A little crowded in here, doncha think? .. Why don't we take this soiree back to my house, and both of you can sample the finest this Redguard has to offer, in the High Rock way."

"Go ahead, please," says the one in the brownish-red hair and slinky top.

"Go ahead? Here? What are you kidding? .. I've got my very own galleon, moored right up on the waterside, there. All three of us can fit in there, and we can all have our own slice of the sea!"

"I doubt it," Methredhel the elf answers.

"You doubt it?" he asks in a smoothly calm tone of voice. "You think I am not telling the truth? .... why it's right out there! Was owned by some pirates and ruffians, 'til I took them down with my club long ago. Yup, that was me!"

"You're full of it!" the elf returns, suddenly agitated with the Redguard, 'Cream' or whatever his name is; one Redguard versus all those pirates! Wasn't he supposed to be on his way to Bravil?

Kahreem decides to take a moment to regroup his thoughts, and replies with this: "Listen, I'm a little lonely, okay? I need some company. We'll all be fine right here. It's a little cramped, but what the fokke. I've got plenty of booze and food, see?" he says this, and then shows them the contents of his night sack, which is crammed with Cheap Wine bottles.

"You've got a point," Methredhel smiles, liking what she sees.

"Then let us get to the celebration then eh?" he says this, and uncorks a bottle. "To the Thieves Guild. And a pair of elven maidens: blond and mahogony, may we all drown in this purplish liquid."

"Ahh, you do me too much honor!"

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/1184f268-875b-4951-b0f5-1eaba890f894_zps72f0d9f7.jpg.html

And with that, Kahreem made sure his first night outside of jail in three days was a good one. S'krivva and her gold can wait.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/59772ae3-98bc-40b5-9f1f-562fb9422466_zpsab806555.jpg.html

Posted by: Lopov May 4 2014, 10:44 AM

Good and funny story! biggrin.gif Methredhel's reponses fit well with Kahreem's flirting. laugh.gif I also liked a part about "one septim per day" and "rancid smell".

Posted by: mirocu May 4 2014, 11:28 AM

Another Renee concoction, awesome!! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 4 2014, 12:39 PM

I actually screwed up, he doesn't have to speak to Methredhel anymore at all. wacko.gif But it was a nice diversion; it seems Kahreem finally 'got some'. hehe.gif

Did y'all notice the last couple pictures are blurred, due to his drinking? laugh.gif I went into Photobucket's editing and used 'blemish' to create this effect.

Posted by: mirocu May 4 2014, 01:49 PM

Your creativeness exceeds all expectations biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 4 2014, 06:13 PM

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 4 2014, 08:49 AM) *

Your creativeness exceeds all expectations biggrin.gif

Without question--

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 18 2014, 01:58 AM

Tirdas, 2:47 pm, Sun's Dusk 27, 3rd Era Year 433

Days Passed: 93
Days Jailed: 20

Bounty: 250
Fame: 0
Infamy: 10


"Go away", says an Imperial guard as the Redguard known as Kahreem of Weet enters the town of Bravil. Kahreem chuckles to himself. He'll be 'going away' soon enough, but right now he's needs to stay in Bravil at least a couple days. He'll stay as long as it takes, though, to get paid for all his snooping around up in the Imperial City.

"So ludicrous. I crept through the sewers for those bastards, fighting rats, bandits and mudcrabs ... they should be finding ME to pay ME, not the other way around".

He reaches for S'krivva's door, which is (oddly) just a few paces away from where Bravils gate is. Do the guards posted at this gate know or suspect what the cat-lady who lives behind this door does for a living? ... Probably not. There's so much skooma in Bravil, and so many people addicted to it, chances are a lady like S'krivva, who keeps to herself behind her 4-tumbler lock, rarely if ever stands out or gets vastly noticed.

"Damn. It's locked."

Kahreem knows it's a bad idea to try to break into her home, but can't resist the urge to do so. GOLD. S'krivva owes him some gold. And he's hungry for it. But for now, he decides he'll get back up to the flat he's been squatting, the one which once was owned by an Argonian by the name of City Swimmer.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0f1c2bb9-0268-4bc7-8a12-0f4175433676_zps295e2c43.jpg.html

On the way there, he reaches into his sack and finds a bottle of the Cheap stuff, and wonders if anybody's been staying in this humble abode.


************************************************************


7:43 PM is the moment Kahreem realizes he's not alone, here in this flat. He thought he was alone, but he's actually got a couple of friends here.

"Ahh. Hello."

They are both small and red-colored, fitting in the palm of each hand. Kahreem can't help but uncork one of these 'friends', and then quaffs the contents of this friend in less than two seconds. Instantly he is hit by a wave of essences, and feels a certain rushing within his veins and arteries!

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/6064f836-7edb-4492-88f3-b6cd4a5af060_zps2dcb254d.jpg.html


.. His vision doubles, and his skin turns reddish. It's not long before Kahreem finally forgets all about the gold he's owed from the Thieves Guild, and falls into a fetal stupor on the floor of City Swimmer's flat.


************************************************************


Middas, 10:14 AM
Nearly 12 hours later, the Weet Bandit awakes, looks at the second bottle of skoooma on the floor, and wisely decides to save it for later.

"Okay NOW we're gonna get some gold. I think that cat-lady resides up at that tavern up the way. Guess I'll go an visit there. Might as well."

He nearly falls off the third-story ledge as he leaves the flat, but manages to make it to the Lonely Suitor Lodge in one piece. S'krivva is nowhere to be hound. Kahreem is dismayed to find another member of the Guild, Luciana Galena, happens to be here, but she becomes evasive when he tries to speak to her. Hours go by. Kahreem drinks a bottle of Cheap Wine, has a crab meat sandwich, and also a baked potato. All of this costs gold, and this makes the Redguard both nervous and watchful.

"Damn that furry [censored]. Where is she?" he asks as the hours slip on.

"Don't talk such rot!" chides a Breton female in reply.

Finally, as the sun is getting low outside, Kahreem realizes he's getting too impatient. He decides he'll head to S'krivva's place, and come Oblivion or high water, he's going to somehow break inside her home.

"I need my gold and I need it now!"

But once he gets there, he's surprised to find her door's unlocked! .. and he is easily inside in an instant.

"Now that's more like it."

He finds his contact calmly reading like an old matron by the fire (only furrier), and wastes no time.

"What can a humble doyen dooo for a sly thief?" she asks.

"I need my gold, and I need it now! I fokkinge slaved my way through some sewers, stole a fokkinge ice staff not once but TWICE, spent three days in jail, and you guys need to fokkinge pay me. Or else."

"Hieronymus Lex has left the Waterfront?"

"Damn right he has. Gold. Now."

But the lady is feeling a bit chatty, and so Kahreem must endure several minutes of speech from her grating voice before finally getting to the point. "Well done! Methredhel's report tells me that you have done well. You have earned your reward. I am promoting youuuu to Cat Burglar, which means you can use Luciana Galena of Bravil as your fence. Congratulations on on your new rank."

This information hits the Redguard like a wave, and all at once he is shocked not only by the idea that he now has a fence (a source of income, basically) right here in Bravil, but also is manpurse is fattened by a sudden influx of 300 gold! .. There it is, once again; more money than Kahreem thinks he's ever seen are in his hands, and because of this his former doubts and complaints about his Guild of employ are quickly forgotten.

"Ahh ahhh hey there! I like this! I like what I see! GOLD .... and lots of it. So, have you anything else you'd like me to do, or shall I be on my way for a grand night of thievery? heh heh..."

"I have need of a very special book, the Lost Histories of Tamriel. The cat burglar Theranis was sent hunting in Skingrad for this book...."

"Uh huh, I'm listening", he replies before she can finish her sentence. He hears her words, but isn't really listening to them. All he can hear is gold gold book gold .... cat burglar ... gold gold Skingrad...

"However, Theranis has not been seen since. The Gray Fox himself hunts for this book. I need you to find Theranis. Help Theranis bring back this book. If Theranis is unwilling tor unable, bring back the book yourself. Are you agreeable?"

"Huh? Gold? I'm sorry, what you were you saying?" ... something about a book in Skingrad. And gold.

"That is good. Go to Skingrad. The trail starts there."

"Yes. Gold. I mean, Skingrad. I will go get that gold in Skingrad. I mean book. I will fetch that book full of gold in Skingrad."

As Kahreem turns to go, his shortened attention span only gets shorter once he realizes he can go speak to the snobby Luciana at any time, and she'll no longer be so mean and snotty to him. Things were bad, but they only seem to get better, thinks the Redguard.

"Shadow hide the hunter".

Posted by: mirocu May 18 2014, 07:34 AM

Wonderful work, Renee!! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

I just love his obession with gold and drinkable toxins..! biggrin.gif Finally he has some gold in his pocket. I just hope he hasn´t gotten gold fever.. wink.gif

Posted by: Grits May 18 2014, 11:35 AM

The cat lady made him a cat burglar! What a fun update. It was a great day for the Weet Bandit!

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 19 2014, 04:25 AM

Thanks and thanks! .. Good point: cat lady is the one who grants the rank of Cat Burglary, very clever

Posted by: Grits May 19 2014, 10:33 PM

I switched back to Jerric’s game and for the first time in a while he’s heading out on his own. He’s doing some work for the Fighters Guild, so there will be spoilers.

He found himself spending an entire day killing time in Lelles Quality Mercandise, and that was after he helped out Varulae and got a cool new sword.

A remark about Varulae. Jerric is not naturally fond of Altmers, but he likes this one. She talked to him like he’s an equal and not some kind of ambulatory pond scum. Plus even with her unfortunate hairstyle she’s almost as pretty as Nerussa. Jerric is not an expert on the subject but to him she looks like she has too much forehead. Anyway when she headed away from her ship after the mini-adventure he walked with her to the Counts Arms. No fooling around intended. He was just being a gentleman after she treated him like one. (And also she didn’t get a room. tongue.gif)

Then he flirted with Mirabelle Monet for hours until she left him by himself in Lelles’s store. He knew the thieves wouldn’t break in until after closing time. So he http://i.imgur.com/YOaNuxd.png.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 20 2014, 01:23 AM

Ha ha Jerric's a flirt! That's awesome. And it's neat he found an Altmer who's not a total uppity elitist, too. I am glad you'll be doing Fighter's Guild.

I'm going to be getting with Renee Gade III soon (she's the one who looks like Xena). She'll be doing my long-abandoned Sewer Patrol idea, and also the Arena.

I am also thinking I'll get back into Joan of Arkay's game. She's on Xbox, and I'm torn between whether I'd like to keep her there or try to transfer her saves to PC. It would be convenient having another Xbox game: no fiddling with mods for hours, but then it would be neat to see her on PC, because she's going to be doing the Main Quest. I dunno, I'm torn on that one.

Sorry, thinking out loud!

Posted by: mirocu May 20 2014, 07:39 AM

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 20 2014, 02:23 AM) *

Sorry, thinking out loud!

Well, then I´ll be responding out loud too.. laugh.gif

If I were to give my advice I say don´t take every character to the PC just because. I think you´ll find it nice to have Kahreem and Joan xbox exlusives for just the reason you mentioned; never having to worry about fiddling with mods or anything like that. You can just start up their game and only ever concentrate on their games. Plus, keeping some just on xbox might give you that special feel for them smile.gif


But of course, this is just my opinion and all that... tongue.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 21 2014, 12:09 AM

That's good, mirocu, thanks for replying. I needed to hear that. I guess I will keep her on Xbox then, but I want to keep advancing Kahreem in this thread, too. Maybe I'll be with one and switch to the other week to week or something. I'll get Kahreem's quests done in .. oh ... I'm shooting for the year 2016. *laughs*

Posted by: Grits May 21 2014, 09:29 PM

I still play my Xbox characters, just not very often. I have some content on the Xbox that I don’t have in my PC games. I really enjoy the big TV and sound system when I play those games.

Jerric walked through the West Weald in a prolonged downpour. The rain bothers him not at all. He collected quite a lot of flax seeds and some more nightshade and wisp stalk caps for Lildereth.

He found the wisp stalks in the mine where he made the Fighters Guild delivery. He also picked up a bunch of iron maces in there. I forgot he agreed to help arm the oppressed workers of another mining community (mod). That’s probably why he went on this little jaunt alone. He doesn’t want to get his friends mixed up in what might turn out to be a slaughter.

Now he’s http://i.imgur.com/m9b1ZCt.png watching the setting sun paint the clouds pink. Jerric is not comfortable in Cheydinhal. There’s no way he’ll stay at the Mages Guild, he gets in fights in one inn and he gets lonely at the other, and there’s not enough air in the Fighters Guild barracks for two Nords to sleep naked. (This is a piece of Jerric reasoning. He could just wear his drawers and/or give Keld of the Isles some pants, but no.) He’ll probably toss his bedroll behind the stable, go into town for a few beers before bed, and end up sleeping in a jail cell.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 21 2014, 09:41 PM

QUOTE
I still play my Xbox characters, just not very often. I have some content on the Xbox that I don’t have in my PC games. I really enjoy the big TV and sound system when I play those games.


Ahh, so you've got your Xbox games on a giant TV, and your PC games on a smaller screen. Interesting.

I know what you mean about Guilds. Yicch. I remember Dyan phor a'Cauz had a real problem when she was doing Fighter's Guild quests, She'd also not be so comfortable staying at some of those guilds, especially if all beds are in the open. nono.gif

OTOH, I had a Nord in Skyrim (Gunter) who just didn't care where he slept, or who was nearby, or any such things! He'd just get drunk and it didn't matter that over half the inns don't feature doors on their bedrooms. rolleyes.gif

Saga used to hate it when she couldn't lock her damn doors back when her game was on PS3. She'd close a door, wake up, and some idiot would be in her room. This happened at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn and a couple other places. mad.gif She'd get so mad! .. But in the 4th Era (ahem) many inns have now implemented short-term magical keys which allow ppl to lock their own doors. (console command Lock 100 wink.gif ) These keys only last 24 hours though, then they just *poof* vanish! ...

Posted by: Acadian May 21 2014, 10:24 PM

Another great shot of Jerric, Grits. I believe I recognize his cuirass as one by the very talented Brash. smile.gif

Posted by: SubRosa May 22 2014, 12:48 AM

I still cannot get over how the young Cyrodiilic Jerric looks so clean cut! He's straight off the cover of GQ.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 26 2014, 01:48 AM

6:03 am, Sun's Dusk 29, 3rd Era, Year 433

Days Passed: 95
Days Jailed 20
Bounty: 250


Early the next morning, Kahreem awakes, and is up before daybreak for once. This is a rare moment, indeed. The Reguard who had just been promoted to Cat Burgular is barely aware of this fact, though. He's suddenly very excited about being a resident of Bravil, especially now that he has a fennce to gain money from. There's also skooma, but Kahreem is not thinking of skooma. Not just yet. At the moment, he's got his eyes on a much bigger prize.

"The castle," he says while munching on an apple.

Last time he had tried this, he had foiled his attempts at invading Bravil's castle so bad, and he didn't make it far. He had been caught in the act, had been caught snooping down a stone hall by a snotty little Dunmer. This elf had been quick about his attack on the Redguard too, if Kahreem's memory is correct.

"And I had gotten arrested by those snivelling Bravil guards."

But that was then, and this is now. After his semi-successful invasion of Leyawiin's castle some weeks before, the Weet Bandit feels much more confident. He had barely been able to pick a lock back when he had first attempted Castle Bravil, but now, 3 tumblers are starting to seem easier. And 4-tumblers, although they still stump him sometimes, don't seem quite as bad.

"I got caught in Leyawiin, yeah I did," he says, now strolling in the early morning sunshine. "But I also did display some talent in plenty of escapes, too." He says this, refering to his numerous escapes from Count Marius Caro's bedroom, using a secret set of hallways which led to a torture chamber. This torture chamber had beren rumored to be under the watch of the Count's wife Alessia, although Kahreem had not seen any evidence of this. Not recently, anyways.

"Botttom line is, I'm taking the castle," he says, almost singing his words. "And it will be no hassle. I shall take them down, make them frown. That castle is mine, yes it is."


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


6:57 am
As he passes down one of Bravil's streets, suddenly feeling llike he belongs here in this town, Kahreem sees a beggar, standing somewhat behind the town's chapel. The beggar is a typical menace of filth, a real beggar, Kahreem can see. Not one of the Imperial City's laz-a-bouts with a posh accent, or Leyawiin's beast folk. In Kahreem's opinion, beast folks, who might live in a swamp or in a desert, weren't really feeling the destitution of a real beggar. An elderly Breton or a Nord who had completely lost his (or her) way, who had no real hopes in life.

In the past few weeks, the Redguard had began to feel annnoyed by a lot of these beggars, who led him in circles if they had to, finally demaanding gold. Gold gold gold, it got old old old giving this gold, handing extraordinary amounts of it, and half the time the things they told him were things he already fokkingge knew.

But, things had changed in the last few hours. With 470 golds now in his pocket (yes, he counted them. Over and over and over again), and the possibility of even more, he suddenly sees no harm in speaking to the beggar he's spied. He thinks he'll go over and have a chat. Introduce himself. Why not? ... Even if the man wanted some gold, he's got lots of it, now.

"How fares thee, my beggary brother."

"Me children will thank ye for yer help."

An Imperial. Another Imperial. And he's got yet another posh accent. Kahreem is disappointed, but he tries not to show it.

"Anything you have to say to me, any bit of news, is welcome. Oh, and have a coin, beggar."

"Thank you kind sir."

"So, what's going on here in Bravil? ... Uh, any new shipments to fill my coffers? I'll cut you in. I'll give you plenty to help your children, wherever they are."

"Yeah, Ursanne's husband, Aleron, is missing. Poor thing. I've seen her crying at the chapel. I hope someone can halp her."

"Uh huh."

The beggar known as Cosmus fails to impress the Weet Bandit. He hears the man's words, but doesn't really know what to do about them. Let somebody else save this "Ursula" or "Ursuppia" or whatever her name is. He's got other things in mind.

"Blessings of Anu upon ye," the beggar says, as the Redguard is glad he's spared just one coin, instead of dozens, for the beggar's useless advice.

]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*]*


http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/a13ce922-07e9-4802-a5c5-23a886c8a967_zps8e45d8a4.jpg.html

9:44 am

"So tiresome."

By law, the Weet Bandit knows he's got some leeway as he walks past a pair of guards, and into the castle's court area. He can stay in this area as long as he wants, it's for public use after all. As long as he stays in this common area, and does not speak directly to a guard, keeps his head down, and keeps his hands clean, nobody will bother him. With this bit of freedom, and a Breton thief-lady who will finally deal with him directly, Kahreem now wonders if it's possible he can make some quick money without breaking into Castle Bravil's more private sections. Perhaps there's some silverware, or some other such pieces he can easily grab for some quick Septims.

10:01 am

"Hello."

A Breton lady, some sort of guard perhaps, greets the Redguard who's suddenly appeared through a door. Kahreem had found that in the initial room here in Bravil's castle one was greeted almost immmediatly by the town's Count. This was not one of those castles with a giganticly grand hallway. There was not much to do in this area. So Kahreem had tried a door, and found it unlocked. This door led directly into the area Kahreem was looking for: its dining room.

The Redguard Cat Burgular makes a motion towards his mouth, as though he cannot talk. In reality, he dares not speak directly to the Breton who had folllowed him through the door, lest she recognize him. Although his bounty is not large, he's still got one. And he doesn't want to blow this 'oppurtunity.'

He walks into the castle's dining area, seeing lots of 'opportunity' before him. And smiles.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/d689e860-c302-4164-9c99-76e4a0ded204_zps571d7c4f.jpg.html


Note
: My thief did indeed steal a lot of the silverware in the dining room, and managed to escape with all of it. Easy money. He had to wait all day to find a moment when somebody was not eating, or passing through the dining room. He went to his flat after the deed was done, loaded up on skooma, and passed out again. laugh.gif Last I saw, it was the next morning, and he was headed towards the Lonely Suitor Lodge.

Posted by: Grits May 26 2014, 02:22 PM

Indeed, Jerric’s cuirass was an impulse buy at Brash’s archer camp. That mod has so much to love. Jerric went for his customary stroll through on the way past to see if there were any random critters that needed slaying and also to pick up some fletching supplies for Lil. He ended up spending most of his gold on that cuirass. He likes a mix of leather armor with plated greaves for the road. That armor looks like hardened leather that would stop an arrow from poking through his back. He’s pretty good at catching arrows on his shield, but sometimes those darn archers get behind him. (Especially goblins. It takes him longer to clobber the goblins.)

Rosa, I even tried to give him a beard mod in Oblivion. Sigh. He’s even prettier now since my ladies insisted on a mod that puts enviable eyelashes on everyone.

Renee, it’s fun to see the Weet Bandit feeling at home and then robbing his home castle blind. I can imagine him keeping silent all day awaiting his chance to get at the table. The Cat Burglar title suits him!

Posted by: Renee Gade IV May 26 2014, 10:27 PM

I have a beard mod installed, but so far haven't found out how to use it, and the only male character I had on PC died quickly last week. It's called RaceBeards.esp

QUOTE(Grits @ May 26 2014, 09:22 AM) *

Renee, it’s fun to see the Weet Bandit feeling at home and then robbing his home castle blind. I can imagine him keeping silent all day awaiting his chance to get at the table. The Cat Burglar title suits him!

Mm hmm, I can't wait to sell all that loot, that'll net at least an extra 100 gold or thereabouts. He didn't grab all the things in that room, but he grabbed maybe 2/3rd of it. Kahreem doesn't want to stop with silverware, though. I can already feel the urge for him for more. Silly man. He's going to wind up in jail yet again, me thinks. indifferent.gif

Posted by: mirocu May 27 2014, 02:02 PM

More stealing and more bounties! Kahreem in his prime! laugh.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 1 2014, 03:43 AM

Fredas, 10:21 AM, Sun's Dusk 30

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/e3f8f0d8-fc5c-4ea6-957f-ac4d0621c4d9_zpsc34918a0.jpg.html

On the day before the last day of the Year 433, Kahreem of Weet walks proudly into Bravil's lowest-class tavern, and plunks a Large Sack upon this tavern's floor.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/399637ed-9081-468c-bb00-9a896f409052_zpsaea5a973.jpg.html


"Greetings".

"Have a look at my wares," he tells his new Thieves Guild fence. "I'm sure there's something to suit you."

"So whot's hot today?" Galena asks.

Luciana Galena does indeed have a look at Kahreem's wares, and likes what she sees. Silverware, and lots of it. Though it's obvious to her where he'd managed to get so much silverware, and so quickly, all of the items he presents to her are basically generic. Typical pieces fashioned in mass-production. Such pieces could have come from anywhere, if you really thought about it.

"I do think I've been taken advantage of," Luciana admits, as Kahreem begins selling her the pieces he's got one by one.

"Yeah? Look at this right here, a silver carafe. I have heard it was once owned by Arch Mage Traven himself. How about 3 gold?

"I don't think so. You wouldn't try to cheat an old pro, would you?"

In attendance at the Lonely Suitor Lodge are several others, but Kahreem doesn't think they'll be much of a problem, as he publicly sells his hot wares. The orc who runs the bar knows Galena well, and the rest of the Suitor's patrons are all lowlife skooma-sucking scum, the Redguard thinks.

"Mmm ... skooma", the Weet Bandit says after cloing his sale with his fence. "I've really got a mind for some skooma. "But first, some sleep. I've got a big night on my plate tonight."

He leaves the Lonely Suitor with a total of 518 gold. His manpurse is crammed with it, but he's hungry for more. The Castle. Kahreem decides it's going to be best to try entry into the castle at night; in an effort to avoid others. Last time he had tried Bravil's castle he had been attacked by an invisible elf, and this elf had caught him quickly, too. He hadn't much time to react before getting attacked by someone he could not fokkinge see!

"Let's just keep this affair betwen the two of us."

"I'm not talking if you're not."

"Shadow hide you."

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-


11:51 PM
He awakes to a clear, dark night, has a bite to eat, and then begins the task of choosing what he'll wear for his exploits.

Kahreem's got several types of clothing stashed away here in the Argonian's flat, so it takes awhile for him to decide. He finally chooses to wear a fishing wader's outfit. What he'll do is walk into the castle wearing this outfit, looking like a common Redguard fisherman, but once he's managed to break into the castle he will then switch this set of clothes for something more fashionable. He places a set of red & purple-colored pantaloons made of velvet into his nightsack, which will be topped by a green woolen shirt.

He makes his way briskly to the caslte, mumbling something about his day's catch on the Niben while he walks past a couple of guards. "Got some cod and some catfish, I think; best catch I've had in awhile. Heard the Count himself wants a taste of it," he says vaguely.

The guard does not respond.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/ff2bc4b1-cde0-40ab-b6d6-8f6a769cbd4f_zpscfb47b6f.jpg.html

He finds himself in the castle's court area, which seems empty, but he knows there are some guards posted on the balcony above the Count's throne, and knows he cannot change his clothes just yet. As he sneaks up the stairs toward the top of the balcony, he does indeed see a couple of guards posted several yards away, but these guards stand beside a door he's not planning on going through. He also suddenly remembers the layout of the castle, at least in this immediate area. He fetches and fidgets a lockpick into the door he crouches before, surprised to find he's only got one tumbler to push. Piece of cake.

*clink*


Before anybody knows what's going on, he's passed through the door itself. It makes a lot of noise, but the guards standing in the court don't seem to care or notice. He finds himself at the end of a long hallway, with (unfortunately) a figure walking directly toward hm. Kahreem crouches off to the side, but is caught by this guard within seconds.

"You're trespassing here, you'll have to leave!"

Again, there it is. He's been caught. Already! ... The Weet Bandit realizes Castle Bravil might just be impossible for him to prowl within. "Some Cat Burgular", he says to himself as he is escorted back into the castle's court area. "FOKKE!" .. This time, he doesn't even bother to crouch before the guards who stand here in court. He walks right by them, spying a door on the other side of the court's balcony.

"It's you. Hiiii." says one guard. "What's this about?" asks the other. They don't seem to recognize the Redguard who's just passed before them, so Kahreem decides to stand off to one side, over by the wall itself (but not in direct line-of-sight for the guards).

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/0b2a32e3-7083-4126-a52e-75e191e02ec9_zps9c4dfe32.jpg.html

He begins to study the shadow the guard nearest to him makes, as this guard looks this way and that. He doesn't actually move, he merely looks to his left, forward, and right.

"All that standing around for a damn Septim."

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-


Loredas, 7:04 AM
Suddenly both guards begin to move, and walk briskly by Kahreem. "So tiresome," admits one of them. The Redguard Cat Burgular agrees, and also sees his chance. Just after the guards leave the court area, there's a brief moment when nobody is present, so therefore nobody will notice has he slips between the door they've been guarding for the last X hours.

"hah!"

The Weet Bandit makes his way into the Lord's Manor area. He's been here before, he realizes. Up ahead is and to his left is a short hall which leads to a door. And THIS door is the one he'd gone through last time, when an invisible elf caught him snooping around, and attacked him on the spot.

"Not doing that again."

He does make his way in this direction, though. Chances are a guard could be coming along any minute, so Kahreem acts fast. Makes his way into the short hallway, and then changes clothes from lower-class to middle-class. A moment later, a guard does indeed pass by, *click awwwwwww* and passes through a door. The fishing waders Kahreem had been wearing had been tossed into the open hallway, but the guard doesn't seem to notice.

Calm, soothing music plays from some unseen place as Kahreem tries his best to concentrate. He listens for footsteps, really fine-tuning his ears for the smallest sounds. And he's glad he chose not to suck any skooma within the last 18 hours.

"The fokkinge music. Argh!"

As soothing as it is, this music makes it hard for him to concentrate. He attempts to crouch forward, back toward the main Lord's Manor hall, and decides he'll wait here until somebody passes by. He's within eyesight of the main hallway, so will a guard or some other such resident notice him? Seconds, and then minutes go by. Finally, a blue-suited noble, possibly the Count himself, passes by. He is accompanied by a guard. They do not see him, but they also passed by him going in the wrong direction. There's no way they could have seen him, coming down the hall like they did. He wants to see if somebody can see him approaching his hiding spot. A few seconds later, he gets his wish. A guard with a large silver bow on his back does just what Kahreem wants. The Cat Burgular is not noticed.

"Good."

He decides he'll try crouching down and following this guard for a bit. Maybe there's an alcove up ahead he can duck in to. He rushes near-silently up a long, carpeted hall, while the guard up ahead remains clueless. There is no alcove up here, but the end of this hall is pretty dark. The Weet Bandit crouches in this darkness, and waits for somebody else to pass. Will he be noticed this time?

Again, he gets his wish, as a guard passes literally four feet away from Kahreem. Kahreem could reach out and attempt to pickpocket the guard, that's how close he was. Kahreem looks to his left. It's a blind corner. Is there a room ahead, or another hallway? ... It's a brighter area, he can see, so he decides to stay crouched, listening for the right moment to move. He has to wait for occasional lulls in the castle's music to really get a good earful, and unfortunately there aren't enough of these 'lulls'.

"Gotta make it to the Count's chamber," he says, knowing anything less would be (most likely) useless.

He creeps forward a few inches, and then from this point he can see down the long hallway he's just passed through. A guard is coming,. Again, he passes bare feet away from Kahreem, yet does not flinch. Kahreem risks a move into the middle of the hall he's in, and sees that there's a door straight ahead. The hall itself goes to the left, and this is the direction the guard also goes. Again, he makes a bold move, zips out of his hiding spot, and quickly tries the door he's found.

"IT'S ALL OVER, LAWBREAKER! Your spree is at an end. I'll take any stolen goods you have. The next move ... is yours. Pay your fine, or I'll haul you away."

There really is no point in running, Kahreem realizes. He's not on any sort of job for the Thieves Guild, nor is he carrying anything stolen, other than the clothes he is wearing and maybe a carrot. But dammit, foiled again!

"Fine. Let us go to jail, then."

"Hope you rot, criminal scum!"

Posted by: Lopov Jun 1 2014, 10:10 AM

QUOTE
He makes his way briskly to the caslte, mumbling something about his day's catch on the Niben while he walks past a couple of guards. "Got some cod and some catfish, I think; best catch I've had in awhile. Heard the Count himself wants a taste of it," he says vaguely.

The guard does not respond.


laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Posted by: Grits Jun 1 2014, 01:04 PM

What an adventure! Your electrical tape mod turns a creep through the castle into high excitement. Kahreem’s thoughts always make me laugh.

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 2 2014, 12:39 AM

Aww thanks you two. smile.gif


Posted by: mirocu Jun 2 2014, 12:01 PM

I feel so bad for Kahreem!! rollinglaugh.gif He just can´t catch a break! laugh.gif

Thanks for another Weet Bandit story, Renee! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 5 2014, 12:46 AM

2:39 PM, Tirdas, Morning Star 29, 4th Era Year 5

"I suppose I have a moment. What is it?"

Lady Saga and her band of traveling elves has been walking along an unmarked dirt road for about an hour when they found a couple of people standing outside an Ayleid ruin. It's been days since Aerin has had real food, but this fact barely seems to bother her. She thinks she's finally found the right place.

One of the men before her wears chainmail, and does not have a helmet on. The other one is fully-suited in expensive golden armor.

"Per chance, have we come upon Malada?" Saga asks the man (a Breton) without a helmet.

"What?"

"Malada? I have been making travels all across the lower foothills of the Valus in search of this Ayelid ruin. Might I, per chance, have located such?"

"Strange ruins, huh?" asks the Breton. "You'd have to be crazy to go in there. I'm just here for the scenery and fresh air."

This answer is half-informative to the Elf Ranger from Valenwood. She hasn't come all this way for a partial answer. .... "Have you knowledge of where the group of us stands, sir?" she asks the other man, the one in the golden armor.

"What do you want?" asks a female's voice. Not a man. A woman.

"Oh, thousand pardons, Nord. Might have we perchance come upon the site known as Malada by the long-ago Ayleids?"

"Beautiful countryside, don't you think? We're just doing a bit of hunting and sightseeing. Not that it's any of your business."

This comment (of course) takes Lady Saga for surprise. The man and lady she's encountered aren't hostile or anything, but they're not exactly forthcoming. If there's any trouble, Saga knows she's got a couple of elves along with her to help, and she's suddenly glad that she chose to renew Modryn Oreyn's contract the day before. Modryn was no doubt the lesser of her pair of travelling elves, but at moments like this, he could come in handy.

"I shall make my way inside that ruin, be-henced your words, Breton. Any containments or troubles, and I have a pair here of whom you ought to make awareance of. Have we understandings?"

"Just leave me alone!" answers the Nord lady.

And Saga has no problem with this. She had only asked for some friendly information, but not everybody out here in the wilds of Cyrodiil could, or wanted to, be so friendly. Still, they weren't being hostile. As she and her two elf companions approach the ruins, Saga gets the sense that she is indeed in the right place.

"Modryn."

"Go on."

"Have you qualms about guarding my horse once again?"

"Okay, I'll stay here. Would you like me to do anything whilst I wait?"

"No, just stay here, Modryn," she says, remembering the last time she had allowed one of her crew to wander off while on duty. When this happened, Maglir had disappeared for weeks; he had somehow gotten trapped inside of a boulder just north of Hackdirt*. It was only through a lot of spontaneous concentration, and a bit of magic of course, that Saga had managed to free the man.

"I willl see you in a bit", answers Modryn, dreading the hours of boredom ahead. On the other hand, he was making an easy 400 gold a week just to guard a stupid horse. He didn't have much to complain about.

As Lady Saga turns to the ruins before her, she sends a silent notion to the spirits of Nirn, in protection.

*

And wow, that was interesting getting outside of Malada, only to be greeted by Claude Maric and attacked! .... Did NOT expect that, although something seemed fishy during the entire discussion with the two initial NPCs.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/xenaclone/media/dc02063e-62d5-4925-aaa1-e2225fe2814d_zps00e61980.png.html

Posted by: mirocu Jun 5 2014, 01:30 PM

I remember that! It´s the quest for the something or other... thingy for the Umbacano fellow!

Aaah, such memories! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Grits Jun 10 2014, 02:37 PM

That’s a great picture of Saga trailing her entourage. I laughed at “an easy 400 gold a week just to guard a stupid horse.” laugh.gif


Kanet received a message from Nocturnal (ghastley’s Evergloam mod) and returned to the cradle of shadow. She was sure her mistress had another job for her, but she took her time picking mushrooms and buying some more awesome arrows from the Evergloam Castle smith on her way. However she did not do her nails, pick out a new wig, or try on several outfits before she left. That’s pretty much Kanet’s version of being in a hurry.

After an adventure in a Skyrim cave (mod location) that thankfully did not require any hideous fur hoods or hats to be worn, Kanet returned triumphant. Nocturnal inducted her into the Nightingales.

And then http://i.imgur.com/aMk6lWN.png. tongue.gif

Posted by: ghastley Jun 10 2014, 02:44 PM

Very appropriate for Evergloam! (But don't let Nocturnal catch her with a lantern. She hates lights.)


Posted by: Grits Jun 10 2014, 02:50 PM

laugh.gif Kanet was nervous about that light! She put it out as soon as I took the picture. Kanet usually wears Nocturnal’s Useful Ring and that makes the screenshots not so pretty. I had to appeal to Kanet’s vanity to get her to equip a lantern. And it had to be hotkeyed so she could put it out in a hurry! biggrin.gif

Posted by: Renee Gade IV Jun 10 2014, 06:34 PM

Yeah I love that dress! MM hmm.

Posted by: Acadian Jun 11 2014, 09:04 PM

Gosh Kanet looks nice there! Love that sideswept doo. happy.gif

Posted by: Grits Jun 12 2014, 02:06 PM

Thanks! smile.gif Kanet’s wardrobe is a lot of fun.

Darnand and Jerric have gone to Bruma (in Darnand’s game). With the same characters in so many different games we sometimes make surprise discoveries like Darnand has not finished his Mages Guild recommendations yet. ohmy.gif After Bruma they’ll head east and south until he finishes or gets a better idea.

He brought Jerric along on this trip because the Nord looked so forlorn http://i.imgur.com/NKs3WzT.png next to Lil in the house. I think he looked perfectly content, but of course he’s even happier hauling a bunch of camping gear and bandit junk along the road. Darnand is still a bit wild with his fire spells. They prefer to travel without the horses.

He’s gotten better in the last couple of days, though. They’ve met a few minotaur varieties and some ogres along the road. Those guys put up a pretty good fight. Darnand has to aim between Jerric, Jerric’s summoned skeleton, and his summoned scamp while keeping himself on defensive ground in case Jerric takes a quick nap.

He’s also gotten some good http://i.imgur.com/8h9J3So.png.

They’ve only been in Bruma long enough to sell the journey’s spoils, but they’ve already gotten two quests. Darnand is a gentleman and will of course visit the countess as requested. Jerric is intrigued by talk of an Imperial woman with a hot-sounding name who just broke up with her Nord boyfriend. They haven’t even made it to the Mages Guild yet.

Posted by: Acadian Jun 12 2014, 02:52 PM

Hee! Someday, Darn ol' Darnand will finally get into the University! Wow, his green bag looks fabulous. Loved the picture of little Lil sitting under the shadow of the big Nord, Jerric. We'll have to start calling them Sequoia and Twig. biggrin.gif

Posted by: ghastley Jun 12 2014, 04:14 PM

That "better green bag" caught my eye, too. I made a green mage robe for Ulliceta gra-Kogg in the Evergloam mod, but it was a crude hue change on the Archmage ones, and this looks much nicer.

The first one shows Oblivion's nasty habit of failing to adjust seating height for scaled characters. That, or Jerric's really heavy!

Posted by: Grits Jun 12 2014, 05:04 PM

Darnand’s robe is from http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/3293/. That green one is Darnand’s favorite. I think it’s called wood elf something, but there was no question about whether the Breton or the Bosmer was going to wear it. Lil and Buffy share an opinion about green bags! It’s called “Darnand’s Favorite Robe” in Jerric’s game. Jerric enchanted it (and Darnand’s Favorite Hood) for him.

Sequoia is scaled big and Twig is scaled little, so that bench would have a real dilemma when they both sat down on it. laugh.gif

Posted by: SubRosa Jun 12 2014, 07:46 PM

Kanet is looking dead sexy in her outfit. wub.gif

I didn't think Jerric looked very forlon sitting next to Lil either. Darnand is sooo thoughtful to take Jerric out to cheer him up. wink.gif

Very neat pic of the glowy Jerric in all his steel armor!

Posted by: Grits Jun 13 2014, 02:21 PM

That dress is a favorite of mine on Kanet. smile.gif


After a restful night and productive morning at the Mages Guild, http://i.imgur.com/L5HnuRR.png for his audience with the countess. Both Darnand and Jerric hold Countess Carvain in high regard.

She had a proposal for them. “If you retrieve the Draconian Madstone for me, I’ll be happy to compensate you by rewarding you with another Akaviri artifact. Are you game?”

Another Akaviri artifact? Darnand was indeed very game. And of course Jerric is always up for a stomp through the snow smiting hostile things along the way. They just came through Pale Pass about a month ago (in their seasonal migration from Skyrim the Game), so it was easy to find the way.

They http://i.imgur.com/lDeR5Cz.png while they were at the castle. It seems there’s a vampire hunter in town who has already found and slain a monster among the good folk of Bruma. The guys are going to find him after the Pale Pass expedition. Jerric wants to talk vampire killing over a round at Olav’s, and Darnand wants to check out his story. Darnand smells a rat.

The hike up to Dragonclaw Rock was very satisfying. Darnand took on two will-o-wisps with complete success. He is cool, aggressive, and focused when he’s on the offense. When he gets corned his reaction is still pure panic. He even forgets that he’s carrying a fire staff. It will be a relief when he gets some Shield enchantments on his clothing so he doesn’t get ripped to shreds so easily. He leveled up when they stopped to rest, and now Jerric can summon Ishckrihk (his Frost Atronach). That was a welcome surprise.

The fellows are presently at the entrance to the Serpent’s Trail. They found it easily after a http://i.imgur.com/M7P36tj.png.

Jerric: That doesn’t look like a dragon.

Darnand: How would you know? You have never laid eyes upon a dragon.

Jerric: Says you. Maybe I have and maybe I haven’t.

Darnand: What the..? Gaah! Do not distract me from our purpose, Nord. It is DragonCLAW Rock, and that rock resembles a dragon CLAW.

Jerric: How am I distracting you? We should just keep looking. Down that road.

Darnand: Down that road lies the town of Feldscar. Our next landmark will be found in the opposite direction.

Jerric: Yeah. We can ask around about that. In Feldscar. At the tavern.

Darnand: *fumes*

Jerric: *sighs* All right, yeah. So remind me, what’s next?


Posted by: Acadian Jun 13 2014, 02:35 PM

laugh.gif

Jerric as a follower will never be mistaken for the brightest torch in one's pack I bet. That's okay though - he's big, hits hard and is adorable. And now he has his Frostie to throw indiscriminate snowballs!

Posted by: SubRosa Jun 13 2014, 04:45 PM

Always go the tavern. For directions. yeah, that's right directions... laugh.gif

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)