Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #501

Mouth
Group Icon

Crystal Beth spent several days at the College. Selling off some of the Fine Clothes and other items in her new room so she can train up on several spells before leaving winterhold. She accepted a quest to place a Golden Claw in some remote location, too, but she's not taking this quest on until she feels absolutely ready.

She's been told of a situation at Sarthaal, but is in no hurry to investigate it. Instead she's off, back towards Whiterun. Collecting as many ingredients as she can find so she can make potions she can possibly sell or use.

The return from Winterhold is not as dangerous as her approach there, since she essentially cleared the road as she traveled north.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 10:38 PM) *

I think it just picks at random from a certain list of spells. When Aradia went to the College, I saved right before talking to the snotty Altmer gate guard. Just for shits and giggles I reloaded and tried again, and she demanded that Aradia use a different spell from the first time.

Oh okay. Guess it's random then.

For the Witch character, you might look for Illia, who is a Witch you can get as a follower if you do a certain quest. Scylla came across her when I first started playing, and she proved to be a great follower. Although if you are already playing a magician, you would probably want a fighter type follower instead.

Wow, that's really cool. I don't think I've come across this witch yet.

My witch character is gonna be a local witch who mostly dwells in the Riverwood area, though. She's not gonna have any followers, she's gonna take over a certain location (which I'll talk about in the Roleplay ideas thread) and mostly just be a medieval old hag-type witch.

i can see some future character using that witch follower for sure, though.

Hey how many characters have you had so far in Skyrim, Rosa? I"m seeing Aradia and now Scylla.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 04:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 5 2012, 04:58 AM
Post #502

Master
Group Icon

I think it's random too.

Aravi was sad and very embarrassed that she made that journey and couldn't cast a simple spell to get in.

She's more than capable now, but she doesn't want to go back yet.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #503

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 4 2012, 10:54 PM) *

My witch character is gonna be a local witch who mostly dwells in the Riverwood area, though. She's not gonna have any followers, she's gonna take over a certain location (which I'll talk about in the Roleplay ideas thread) and mostly just be a medieval old hag-type witch.

i can see some future character using that witch follower for sure, though.

Hey how many characters have you had so far in Skyrim, Rosa? I"m seeing Aradia and now Scylla.

There is the old lady's cabin on the north side of the river, to the west of Riverwood. I forget her name. The only trouble is if you go in her basement, she will attack you. The irony is that she is a Witch, and apparently the evidence is down there.

Embershard Mine would be a good place to take over too. It has a big pool in the front, and a waterfall in the back. I forget if it has an alchemy station though.

So far I have played 3 characters. Scylla was my first, then Aradia, now Primrose. A fighter, mage, and archer. I basically hit the three main types. After Primrose I think I might make a Nord one-handed fighter type, someone from Skyrim, and try doing the civil war with her. So far none of my characters have really felt a desire to fight for one side or another. Although Primrose does free all the Stormcloak prisoners she finds on the road. She remembers what it was like being in the same position...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 5 2012, 05:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 05:31 AM
Post #504

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 11:09 PM) *

There is the old lady's cabin on the north side of the river, to the west of Riverwood. I forget her name. The only trouble is if you go in her basement, she will attack you. The irony is that she is a Witch, and apparently the evidence is down there.

MM hmm. That's my witch idea, essentially. She's gonna take over her little cottage and become the "old hag black magic witch of typical storybook lore. I've always loved this role! Luci Pheria in Oblivion pretty much played this role, taking over Weatherleah (pre-quest, of course) as her main hideout.

So far I have played 3 characters. Scylla was my first, then Aradia, now Primrose. A fighter, mage, and archer. I basically hit the three main types. After Scylla I think I might make a Nord one-handed fighter type, someone from Skyrim, and try doing the civil war with her. So far none of my characters have really felt a desire to fight for one side or another. Although Primrose does free all the Stormcloak prisoners she finds on the road. She remembers what it was like being in the same position...

3 characters, eh? Nice.
None of my characters so far have seen much reason to join one side or the other. The first 2 only wanted money, and Claire and Beth mostly want education, some adventure, and other things that have nothing to do with the "war". To be honest, none of my characters have seen much evidence of any sort of war. laugh.gif

Eventually I am gonna make a "Son of Talos" Nordic character, though, and he WILL take up the Stormcloak's cause.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 05:32 AM
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 5 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #505

Master
Group Icon

Started another character after I got tired with the Axe-Murderer of Bravil. Couldn't believe that playing the Jack Ripper of Tamriel would bore me out, but, unbelievably enough, it did.

I started an Imperial by name of Aurelius of Fenix. The ancestor of the centurion in F-NV, the guy that could help raise your reputation by doing... unhealthy things.

I've not yet completed his backstory, but I'm making it as he journeys forth in Skyrim. The ones I did complete, however, is that he was a former centurion and a close friend of General Tullius. Since I got to account on how he has magickal prowess in the schools of Destruction and Conjuration, I guess I could make it that he had a priviledged childhood. As for why he was captured along with the rabble, not yet done, that.

Anyway, that was just the introduction. Here's a personal account in a diary of a Stormcloak prisoner captured by the Thalmor when they encountered a traveller on the roads.
-------------------------------

4E 201, 7th of Frostfall

Praise be to Talos! After uncountable torments from the hands of these damn elves, I am finally freed! By a fellow brother, no less! I admit with no shame that I let my tears fall when he cut the ropes that binded me. Truly, the taste of freedom has been taken from my tongue. We talked for a while, he asked for some directions to Solitude and I gave him a most curious stare. I asked why, and he said that he goes there to meet 'a friend'. An assassin, perhaps? Sent by the true High King in retaliation to the loss we suffered in the skirmish in the Reach?

I then remembered that I am still a low-rank brother, and am in no position to question my superiors. With my curiousity wired shut, I pointed him to the direction of Solitude and he gave me several packs of supplies. We saluted each other, and went our seperate ways.

On the way to Whiterun to catch a carriage to Windhelm, I remembered that I forgot to ask his name. But I guess I could always ask my superiors about the strange Imperial, with the blonde hair and those rich amber eyes.

I just hope that I live enough to actually ask them. I heard news of a madman that preys on the unweary and eat the corpses thereafter. Horrid times, these days. When men hunt their fellows like animals.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #506

Mouth
Group Icon

^ Cool story, Uleni. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 5 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #507

Master
Group Icon

Oh hey there! You are the new mea-er, member, right? I belately welcome you to this fine community! Enjoy your stay, here.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #508

Mouth
Group Icon

Crystal Beth is now in Riverwood. She like Riverwood more than Whiterun for some reason. She doesn't want to stay with Hod and Gerdur's house anymore, though. They're kinda in-Beth's-face a little too much. Gerdur's okay, but Hod is always trying to get her to chop wood. Why should she waste her talents chopping wood? She wants to be rich. She's an adventurer. Adventurers don't spend all their days chopping wood.

And after all this time, Ralof the Nord is still in the house. He keeps saying he'll leave to go to Windhelm, but he's still here. What a slacker! The house is too crowded basically, and this elf has a rather large and thick aura. She doesn't like getting too close to anyone: humans, especially.

She adores cat-people, though. Beth has run into M'aiq the Liar at least 3 times now. She calls him "The Riddler".

Beth has a rather elaborate plan at the moment. She's supposed to go to a place near Solitude called Folgunthur to retrive a book for the orc librarian. I've actually not been here yet, it's rather remote. Looks as if it's on an island surrounded by lots of bad terrain, too.

So before Beth tackles this, she needs to get another horse. She has no money for another horse (right now she only has 24 gp), so she's going to see if she can find any enemies residing in any of the areas she's visited so far: Bleak Flats Barrow, Silent Moon Camp, etc. Hopefully her campaign will yield lots of money.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 9 2012, 01:21 AM
Post #509

Mouth
Group Icon

Crystal Beth has just arrived in Solitude. She's here to find somebody named Solana or something. There's also supposed to be a dungeon nearby in which she's going to retrieve a rare book for the orc at the College.

She watched as a former Nordic guard got executed, and felt little emotion about this. She pretty much stays to herself, and doesn't get involved with the ways of humankind unless there's gold involved.

I've been to Solitude before with an earlier character of mine, but he only dabbled in the city. In and out. He wasn't really that impressed. Beth is liking this place, though. She's gonna spend probably the rest of this evening exploring this town.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 9 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #510

Councilor
Group Icon

Today in Skyrim, Jensa (Level 47) met her first Ancient Dragon. It immediately landed and ate her in one bite. Then she woke up from that horrible nightmare and tried again. This time she and Stenvar prevailed, only to be nearly killed by a spriggan matron who wandered over to see what the fuss was about. It is time to consider enchanting her armor.

Here’s a fun perk: Quick Reflexes. Having a ball with that. She also found a piece of loot that I thought had to be crafted:

Which are ugly but still pretty cool.

Mr. Grits is out tonight, so I’m going back to Skyrim!! Who knows what the evening will bring?! (Probably Grits asleep holding the controller. We’ll have to see.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #511

Mouth
Group Icon

Some perks are fun, that's very true.

Crystal Beth has been walking around Solitude all day. She went into a clothes shop and WOW look at all those different colors and fashions to choose from. She bought seveal outfits, several sets of boots to carry back to her hotel room. biggrin.gif

Some lizardman gave her a job, but Beth is having second thoughts about it. He wants her to cause a shipwreck. Beth is currently looking for a way to not do this, and instead turn this evildoer in to the guards, but so far nobody wants to hear anything.

The guards really are sort of macho in this game sometimes, have you noticed? "OH, let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?" That's kinda presumptive and mean. Cyroiil's guards were just "protect and serve, it's what we do". So noble. laugh.gif

It's like Cyrodiilic guards are Lawful Good, Skyrim's guards (the Nords, especially) are more like Chaotic Good. What do you think? Cyrodiilic guards put the law first because they believe in the law, whereas Skyrim's Nord guards only enforce the laws because it's their job. They do it for the paycheck.

I dunno,,am I making any sense?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 10 2012, 12:08 AM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 10 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #512

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 9 2012, 05:04 PM) *
It's like Cyrodiilic guards are Lawful Good, Skyrim's guards (the Nords, especially) are more like Chaotic Good. What do you think? Cyrodiilic guards put the law first because they believe in the law, whereas Skyrim's Nord guards only enforce the laws because it's their job. They do it for the paycheck.

I've noticed some are like that, and others express genuine concern for the smaller settlements that don't have walls and such.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #513

Ancient
Group Icon

I understand what you mean about the guards. They'll say things like "Go fiddling with any locks around here and we'll have a problem." or "Keep your hands to yourself sneak thief". They are a throwback to Morrowind's "We're watching you scum." guards.

OTOH, they can actually give you some useful tips. A few days ago one told Primrose that Secunda's Kiss was a holy place to the giants, so she should steer clear of it. He also marked it on her map. Another told her about seeing a strange creature outside of a cave, which led her on a dungeon romp and Primrose's first encounter with the Falmer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 01:04 AM
Post #514

Mouth
Group Icon

Nice! I enjoy little touches like this.

A guard just said it....exactly what I was thinking of: "disrespect the law and you disrespect me". He put himself first, before the law. But I agree, there's more guard diversity in this game than in vanilla Oblivion.

Oblivion's guards are funnier, tho!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 10 2012, 01:05 AM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 10 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #515

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 9 2012, 06:04 PM) *

Nice! I enjoy little touches like this.

A guard just said it....exactly what I was thinking of: "disrespect the law and you disrespect me". He put himself first, before the law. But I agree, there's more guard diversity in this game than in vanilla Oblivion.

Oblivion's guards are funnier, tho!

That actually sounds the opposite to me. He's taking personal interest in the law. To each their own though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #516

Mouth
Group Icon

This Nodic cave Crystal Beth is going thru, Folgunthur, is amazing. Lots of traps. Lots of little details to notice. It's challenging, but nowhere near as challenging as some Tomb Raider games, but still. Almost every room we've come thru so far as some sort of puzzle or trap or some feature I've never seen in other Sky dungeons so far.

Beth is just learning to dual-wield. It's taking some practice for sure. She tends to alternate from Turn Undead to Fire. Occasionally she needs to heal or cast Oakflesh. Yea, Oakflesh...some of her magic is not top-rate yet, a condition of needing to budget money and whatnot.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 10 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #517

Councilor
Group Icon

Jensa found something interesting in a book. It turned out to be true. Here’s what she says about it: smile.gif

Stenvar and I have been collecting parts of an artifact and putting them back together. It has so much power that they hid the pieces away in the old times. That means we crawled back into daylight covered in bone dust and worse. I started to worry if we should have left it alone. After all, a lot of brave folk died over it, and we just undid all their work. Of course they didn’t have to contend with dragons.

“Let’s have a Temple wedding in Riften,” Stenvar said, even though I thought we dropped that subject before we went inside the tomb. “Then I can take you to see my Ma.”

It’s true that sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my thinking. “She’s still living?” I blurted out.

Stenvar gave me a look. “Just how old do you think I am?”

“Older than dirt but younger than Ysgramor. It doesn’t matter, Stenvar. Neither one of us is going to make it to our fireside days.” I looked around for a place to fill our waterskins.

He started to say something, then he just shook his head and laughed. “I suppose I should be grateful for the ‘younger than Ysgramor’ part.”

“Well, you’re bald,” I pointed out. “And you have a grey beard.”

“I shave my head!” He sounded a little insulted.

“All right then. No need to get peevish.” Of course I always have to push a little. “Why do you shave your head?”

Stenvar grinned. “Nits.” Then he scratched himself in a way that had my skin crawling, which served me right for teasing. That man is hairy both coming and going. If we ever have children, they’re going to look like bear cubs.

“If you’re from the Rift, no wonder you hate the cold,” I said. “My folk don’t come down out of the hills, but you know they’d be happy for us.”

“Yeah,” said Stenvar. He got a dreamy look, and I knew he was thinking about that winter he spent with us. With me, mostly. “Say, kid. Do you remember..?”

He quit talking because I was already busy with the buckles. Right or wrong, it was good to be alive. “Yeah, old man. I sure do remember.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #518

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 9 2012, 10:50 PM) *

Stenvar grinned. “Nits.” Then he scratched himself in a way that had my skin crawling, which served me right for teasing. ....

ewww!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #519

Ancient
Group Icon

Stenvar grinned. “Nits.” Then he scratched himself in a way that had my skin crawling, which served me right for teasing. That man is hairy both coming and going. If we ever have children, they’re going to look like bear cubs.

Yep, wedded bliss alright! (though technically they are not married yet).

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 10 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #520

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 10 2012, 08:58 AM) *

Stenvar grinned. “Nits.” Then he scratched himself in a way that had my skin crawling, which served me right for teasing. ....

ewww!

Agreed! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:48 AM