Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roman Britain, A total conversion for oblivion
Alcibiades
post Feb 14 2006, 04:16 AM
Post #1

Associate

I think the title and description do a pretty good job describing what I am trying to start.

Although the creation of the entire roman world would be great, it would take too long to create, and would be all but impossible. That said, the creation of a conversion, rather than romanesque mods added to the morrowind world, is necessary, so I am trying to start a project to remake Roman Britain.

So far, I've put some good time into such a project, but would like to feel out how much support there is for this kind of project in the modding community.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Feb 14 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

That sounds like a really nice idea! I've been looking at the "Rome" series by CNN and BBC and they sure could be done nicelly in the Oblivion engine. Besides being a great serie it has an unique atmosphere that would be very interesting to live in. Just think of all the slavetraders arranging gladiator fights, the cold murderers sneaking up the dark alleys to murder for a piece of bread or the harsh life of a Roman soldier of the 13:th wink.gif.

As soon as you set the project up I'm happy to help with what I can, I'm not a moddeler or anything but been looking to learn anyway. (Have been playing around with some 3d-programs earlier.) Besides some Roman lore is easy to get by, it only needs to be applied to the mod.

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 14 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

I don't much like history, but as a modding Idea is seems sound aside from the fact that we don't know how much of the game will be hardcoded.

This post has been edited by jchamber: Feb 18 2006, 04:58 PM

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Alcibiades
post Feb 15 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Associate

Of course it won't be an age of empires type game;
it would be an elder scrolls game set in Britain

Bofra, if you are interested in helping, your level of experience doesn't matter, you will always get better at modding or you could help with lore.

Also, I haven't decided whether this game would start before the ramon withdrawl, during it, or immediatley after. Either way, some global events based on events and just time will certainly spice things up.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:29 AM