Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
monkeyemoness
post Apr 19 2018, 12:05 AM
Post #2701

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 18 2018, 08:43 AM) *

It makes me think that everyone got extra shields, staves etc. and there's probably one piece that nobody has. But at eight of fourteen, it's hard to tell which of the uncollected six it would be.

Today I found out that it's pretty mixed. This morning I found someone offering Bows for various motifs, one of them being Shields (but i decided I wanted to do as many writs as possible that morning so I ignored it). Later I got Legs from someone for the Shields, instead. I already have legs, but I figure they're a better bargaining piece. Probably. Especially since I haven't gotten Chests yet. I find it unlikely that things like belts and shoulders would be that rare, yet I haven't seen a single one. :v

In all honesty, though, I'm happy having SOMETHING, so that I can either trade or sell, even if it means paying extra to get what I want. I'm just exhausted. not as bad as last year but close.

So as Lucius quickly reaches level 50, I have to think about what he's gonna wear as an outfit. Since I'm not ready to make a set of cp160 armor yet and I don't think I'll ever be ready

I could have him wear something practical, as it's the type of person he seems to be, or I can get flashy before he's actually used.

I was thinking maybe recreating one of my recent Dragonborn? The gladiator aesthetic does suit his fighting style, and i'm just coming to the realization that they both actually share quite a few things in common, combat-wise. (Sword+Board and dual-wield, Fire, mix of metal and leather armor, Dragons. Actually that Dragonborn was Nibenese, so I think I may have subconsciously made Lucius' previous incarnation in Skyrim because I couldn't wait to finally put him in ESO. To my knowledge, Lucius wasn't an archeologist, though.)

Anyways, I can always just go and make him a Steel Imperial set for him to wear as an outfit. It'll most likely be the cheapest option.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 19 2018, 01:44 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 19 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #2702

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 18 2018, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 18 2018, 08:43 AM) *

It makes me think that everyone got extra shields, staves etc. and there's probably one piece that nobody has. But at eight of fourteen, it's hard to tell which of the uncollected six it would be.

Today I found out that it's pretty mixed. This morning I found someone offering Bows for various motifs, one of them being Shields (but i decided I wanted to do as many writs as possible that morning so I ignored it). Later I got Legs from someone for the Shields, instead. I already have legs, but I figure they're a better bargaining piece. Probably. Especially since I haven't gotten Chests yet. I find it unlikely that things like belts and shoulders would be that rare, yet I haven't seen a single one. :v

In all honesty, though, I'm happy having SOMETHING, so that I can either trade or sell, even if it means paying extra to get what I want. I'm just exhausted. not as bad as last year but close.

So as Lucius quickly reaches level 50, I have to think about what he's gonna wear as an outfit. Since I'm not ready to make a set of cp160 armor yet and I don't think I'll ever be ready

I could have him wear something practical, as it's the type of person he seems to be, or I can get flashy before he's actually used.

I was thinking maybe recreating one of my recent Dragonborn? The gladiator aesthetic does suit his fighting style, and i'm just coming to the realization that they both actually share quite a few things in common, combat-wise. (Sword+Board and dual-wield, Fire, mix of metal and leather armor, Dragons. Actually that Dragonborn was Nibenese, so I think I may have subconsciously made Lucius' previous incarnation in Skyrim because I couldn't wait to finally put him in ESO. To my knowledge, Lucius wasn't an archeologist, though.)

Anyways, I can always just go and make him a Steel Imperial set for him to wear as an outfit. It'll most likely be the cheapest option.

Maybe a mix of OotH and Minotaur?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 20 2018, 12:53 AM
Post #2703

Mouth
Group Icon

^Probably, yeah

I'm so Tired (I actually got a swords this morning. I've only ever gotten 2 motifs from regular dailies so I'm probably not doing them anymore)

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 21 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #2704

Mouth
Group Icon

Gah!

Worm Cult Motif completed, thanks to trades from a few people across Craglorn and Vvardenfell. Watch me get the pieces I was missing either tomorrow or Monday morning :T

But hey, it helped someone. Still have Helmets and Bows.

That aside, I wonder if I should take Lucius for Skyshard hunting in Bangkorai and The Rift. He's at level 48 and I'd have to have to farm more materials for the last 2 days of the event. I know Fjotreid desperately needs skill points but the only place left for him is Craglorn.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 22 2018, 03:47 AM
Post #2705

Master
Group Icon

Welp, thanks to an unexpected generous deposit from our government, I was finally able to replace my 10 year old beast with a new computer. It’s a desktop with a 5K display and double the video RAM of my old computer. While it has only 8 GBs of RAM, I’m comfortable with it at this time, and I know I can always add more down the road. Likewise, the graphics can not be swapped out in this model, but it CAN support eGPU’s, which means I can hook up some seriously powerful GPUs and run the crap out of this 5K display . . .

Anyway, I finally got ESO loaded up, my game files transferred over from the old computer, and — damn.

Been running ESO at medium graphics with the view distance set to 36. Not happy with the fog, especially from one of the myriad vantage points you come across in this game. But putting this game up to ultra high puts the view distance at 100, and man oh man, it is gorgeous. And smooth. Unbelievably so. And I now have God Rays and DOF, things I had been accustomed to in Skyrim.

So far in the short time I”be been playing ESO on this new computer, I’m very pleased with my purchase.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2018, 03:59 AM
Post #2706

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 21 2018, 09:47 PM) *

Welp, thanks to an unexpected generous deposit from our government, I was finally able to replace my 10 year old beast with a new computer. It’s a desktop with a 5K display and double the video RAM of my old computer. While it has only 8 GBs of RAM, I’m comfortable with it at this time, and I know I can always add more down the road. Likewise, the graphics can not be swapped out in this model, but it CAN support eGPU’s, which means I can hook up some seriously powerful GPUs and run the crap out of this 5K display . . .

Anyway, I finally got ESO loaded up, my game files transferred over from the old computer, and — damn.

Been running ESO at medium graphics with the view distance set to 36. Not happy with the fog, especially from one of the myriad vantage points you come across in this game. But putting this game up to ultra high puts the view distance at 100, and man oh man, it is gorgeous. And smooth. Unbelievably so. And I now have God Rays and DOF, things I had been accustomed to in Skyrim.

So far in the short time I”be been playing ESO on this new computer, I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Nice! Congrats!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 21 2018, 01:39 PM) *

Gah!

Worm Cult Motif completed, thanks to trades from a few people across Craglorn and Vvardenfell. Watch me get the pieces I was missing either tomorrow or Monday morning :T

But hey, it helped someone. Still have Helmets and Bows.

That aside, I wonder if I should take Lucius for Skyshard hunting in Bangkorai and The Rift. He's at level 48 and I'd have to have to farm more materials for the last 2 days of the event. I know Fjotreid desperately needs skill points but the only place left for him is Craglorn.

Congrats!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 22 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #2707

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds nice, Rider. Glad the transition went smoothly and the results sound great!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 23 2018, 04:10 AM
Post #2708

Mouth
Group Icon

So glad you were able to make the jump to a more modern machine, haute. This game can be really pretty.

Today I spent several hours buying up discounted motifs because I'm a lost cause. Two more hours for one last session of crafting hell, since i'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it to the last few hours of the event tomorrow.

Look, I like free things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 23 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #2709

Councilor
Group Icon

My Jubilee event is over, as I had to go to work. I ended up with nine of the Worm Cult pages, but the scattering of other motifs was more important to Laurie, as she was starting from zero on most of them. She has over 50% of that vast array filled in, which gives her a decent chance to make master writ requests. In only a week, she'll have the trait researched for her second one! (OK, the first was Alchemy, so no research needed).

I took Minx the Dunmer, specially rolled for PTS, to see Morrowind and Summerset, while I have the chance.

Vaardenfell feels scaled down, which may have a lot to do with walking/running, but Vivec City amplifies that for me. Suran felt larger. She only did a couple of quests there, so far.

She's busy furnishing the Golden Gryphon Garret, the free inn room in Alidon, since it costs nothing to do so on the PTS. She wanted to put in a jewel crafting station, but they forgot that option. It has a very high ceiling, so she may try adding an upper floor. She's done a delve, made a ring and an amulet, and got herself killed at one of those Geyser things, because there weren't enough people there to help. kvright.gif

Summerset architecture can be summed up in one word - unstable. Everything looks like it would fall down in real life. It's the exact opposite of their Nord style, which is over-braced. Minx hasn't explored everywhere yet. There seem to be areas that are quest-gated, so she can't reach them yet. I created her at low level, rather than as a template character, so she has difficulty storming in under her own power.

No "hide" options in the Outfit Station. I always look, whenever there's a new patch. I do hope they didn't find an insurmountable problem with it in development.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 23 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #2710

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 21 2018, 01:39 PM) *

Watch me get the pieces I was missing either tomorrow or Monday morning :T

Lmfao, I was right. Last batch of dailies gave me some more pieces. Quite a few of them, in fact. All that's left is to sort out all these materials and motifs and life can return to normal. With all but one of my storage boxes filled up, I wonder how long that will take. :v

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 24 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #2711

Mouth
Group Icon

Lucius hit 50, and now I gotta worry about equipment for him. I have 2 crafted sets in mind, since unlike the Crafting Monkey and Fjotreid, he didn't really get to adventure in a zone of his own so he didn't get any sets as he adventured. I don't wanna farm for them, but i may consider it

The problem is I'm not sure if I want to go through with the mixed armor thing, and which pieces he'll use. I want to say primarily medium with some heavy, but obviously trying that out with cp160 armor will be...expensive. Maybe I should do cp150 for a test run? Or recreate him in the PTS? (Especially with the overhauls on the way)

I think I'm committed to making him a Stamina DK, so at least there's that.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 24 2018, 07:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 24 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #2712

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 24 2018, 02:43 PM) *

Lucius hit 50, and now I gotta worry about equipment for him. I have 2 crafted sets in mind, since unlike the Crafting Monkey and Fjotreid, he didn't really get to adventure in a zone of his own so he didn't get any sets as he adventured. I don't wanna farm for them, but i may consider it

The problem is I'm not sure if I want to go through with the mixed armor thing, and which pieces he'll use. I want to say primarily medium with some heavy, but obviously trying that out with cp160 armor will be...expensive. Maybe I should do cp150 for a test run? Or recreate him in the PTS? (Especially with the overhauls on the way)

I think I'm committed to making him a Stamina DK, so at least there's that.

With the possibility of all-crafted on the horizon, you also need to plan for that. Even if he gets a farmed overland set, it could well be swapped out when the jewels can be crafted, too. Laurie is holding off for lack of Rubedo Leather, so her choices are simpler right now. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 24 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #2713

Councilor
Group Icon

Lildereth just got her grownup suit. She picked Hunding’s and Spriggan’s Thorns with a pair of Night Mother’s Gaze bows in case she decides to swap out for that set instead (with Agility jewelry). She might also go back to Tava’s Favor. She leveled mostly in Tava’s and Hunding’s with assorted jewelry.

If anyone is looking for a particular dropped set, please speak up! Thanks to the generosity of Argis and Buffy, Jerric hunts for treasure chests all the time. Every chest has a set piece in it. A lot of them get ground up for mats since his crew is mostly geared up now. He would love to pass them along to friends instead.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 25 2018, 02:45 AM
Post #2714

Paladin
Group Icon

Grats to Lil! Hundings + Spriggans is just what Buffy wears when wielding her bows - great combo.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 25 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #2715

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna has five pieces of purple Hunding's too, but since she uses a two-hander we went with Sword Singer as the dropped set. She's almost caught up on Medium, having started with Heavy just for looks, which she can now do with an outfit (except for pants). Laurie is still collecting hides for her set, especially after the long jubilee event using up so many normal mats, and returning obscure ones. She's been in Medium (plus one heavy, one light) since the start, but may switch from sword+board to dual-wield (as may Taminwe). Cat Man Dhou will be the Heavy tank guy, once we can give him some attention, and raise his level.

Blossom was forced to go and cash in the Clothier surveys, too, which took her to several zones she'd not visited before. So a lot of time was also spent collecting wayshrines to help with future visits. Unna will be next, doing the smithing surveys to finish off the last couple of levels in that.

The crew in general has been making iron/homespun/maple items to fill in Laurie's trait gaps, and she's been making stuff for them to deconstruct, using the second-level mats that Blossom has outgrown. Blossom herself will get the drops from Unna's Cadwell's Gold quests, currently about half-way through in Greenshade. There will be even more of those once Unna completes Smithing.

And Minx is exploring Summerset, and Jewel Crafting. As a fresh-made character, she doesn't know much of the land outside Summerset, so can't go back to use facilities she's never seen. Joining the Mage's Guild sent her to Davon's Watch, but did at least open the wayshrine there. You can probably sail to other places, but I haven't checked that out yet. She did a bunch of other start-up stuff while there, like crafting certs, joining the Fighters' Guild, etc. which probably can't be done on Summerset.

We're about to start furnishing the inn room in Auridon again (lost to patch refresh) as the 1 crown prices can't be beat. tongue.gif I'll try and use as many new items as will work in a single room. I just hope I don't get too attached to the place - or Minx.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 25 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #2716

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley, sounds like your crew is busy! Thank Minx for venturing into PTS land and sharing some of your findings.

I'm looking forward to gaining an extra gear slot when bows/staves become two slots. And also the additional options from being able to craft set jewelry.

I'm still a little leery until it all goes live and I can try out the final stuff. I'm still smarting from the 'change trait' ability that I ended up writing off as it requires grinding content I'm not interested in.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 25 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #2717

Councilor
Group Icon

Knowing some of what's coming is definitely inhibiting for the present. Unna is hoping that the greatsword becomes viable relative to dual-wield for DPS, once it's two slots of a set. She likes its skill line abilities, but the single slot was the big downside. (And of course she still wants hidden pants, instead of just none).

I have two sword+board characters who did that for solo survival at low levels who may switch to dual-wield, but I'm waiting on the community to evaluate the jewelry possibilities first. Cat Man Dhou actually prefers mace+shield to sword, and he'll stay there.

I'm not happy with the way ESO ties the magic you use to the weapon you wield, but them's the rules. You can at least train up multiple skill lines and switch when you need to do so. It just takes forever to get there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 25 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #2718

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 24 2018, 01:54 PM) *

With the possibility of all-crafted on the horizon, you also need to plan for that. Even if he gets a farmed overland set, it could well be swapped out when the jewels can be crafted, too. Laurie is holding off for lack of Rubedo Leather, so her choices are simpler right now. tongue.gif

This is actually what I was counting on! biggrin.gif 'Course I have to wait for Jewelry Craftng's release to finish them (although they'd only be missing one piece).

Also, funny you should mention Spriggan's, Grits. It's actually what he's using so that he isn't murdered in his Ebony-tier equipment. He's only got 3 pieces so far, but I think I might actually use that instead of Hunding's. Maybe alongside it? I was gonna do that and Tempered Brass but idk. He's also not using Champion Points yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 26 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #2719

Mouth
Group Icon

Got Lucius outfitted in Hunding's Rage and...Fortified Brass because I like gimmicks I guess. It works well enough, I suppose.

Now I just need to get a Warrior Poet Maul for Fjotreid to complete his set. I just remembered that there's an NPC class called "Thundermaul" in the game itself, so he's got more of a reason to use a 2-handed hammer as a staff (even if he's just holding it). Only he'd be a, what, Frost Hammer? idk

EDIT: Got a battle axe. Not a maul but it's a start. I couldn't find a maul for sale in guild stores.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 27 2018, 11:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 29 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #2720

Mouth
Group Icon

Got Eolan to do something he should have finished years ago: get all the Skyshards in Cyrodiil and complete the Nirnroot Wine quest.

I usually hold off on forays into Cyrodiil until the day of expansion releases but today I though "frick it". He got everything without any issues, though he did scare off 2 Dominion players doing the same thing he was. One of them jumped into slaughterfish water. :/ If they hadn't run off suddenly they would have gotten the Skyshard without any bother from him.

Well, that's one thing that's been bugging me cross off the list. All that's left is the Jewelry IC stations.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 134 135 136 137 138 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2024 - 07:37 AM