Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 4 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #2661

Ancient
Group Icon

@Haute-
Congrats, your skill in housing decorating is at a very high level so it’s good that you have been recognized! Keep up the good work!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 4 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #2662

Mouth
Group Icon

I managed to pop into Boulder Tree last night and I agree. When I tabbed back in after the loading screen I was pleasantly surprised and somewhat confused about where I was. The entire place was fantastic. I had Eolan tour the place and loved every little detail, like the plants lining the paths. The outdoor beds made me nervous though, because bugs.

Anyways, first of the 108 boxes for today gave me some nice things, like Transmutation Crystals, Potent Nirncrix and Vvardenfell motifs/furniture plans. I DID forget that one thing that made Crafting Hell, well, hell was inventory space. The Crafting Monkey in particular suffered from this, having cluttered up his inventory AND the bank pretty quickly. For everyone else, it's easier thanks to quick access to storage containers to swap things around, so there's that. Also, it should be easier for the rest of the days since I get twice as many boxes today. why did they reuse one of the cheapest looking item arts for the Worm Cult style material?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 4 2018, 11:17 PM
Post #2663

Mouth
Group Icon

Also amidst the chaos I got Lucius settled into his permanent home (Cyrodiilic Jungle House). He bought it a while back but only just moved in. Followed the furnished version again, but I might change it up to suit him.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 4 2018, 11:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 5 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #2664

Councilor
Group Icon

Taminwe went and took a look at Bouldertree. Took a lot of notes, too, especially about the sizes of the various fire options, and what might fit inside Snugpod for "cooking". It was night, which made the lighting stand out, but probably also hid the plantings. I'll have to go back during daytime.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 5 2018, 03:36 PM
Post #2665

Ancient
Group Icon

Ugh Khajiit’s crew needs to do some crafting but the power company is doing work on something and have our power out. indifferent.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 5 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #2666

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 5 2018, 10:36 AM) *

Ugh Khajiit’s crew needs to do some crafting but the power company is doing work on something and have our power out. indifferent.gif

Then get on the ESO forums, and complain about ZOS's timing! That's par for the course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 5 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #2667

Mouth
Group Icon

TIL that the reason I found a lot of old dailies a lot more bearable than I remember them (aside from not having done them in a long time) is because the Clockwork City dailies one-upped them by being the longest ones for annoying reasons. But they have newer motifs in their usual drop source so...

Anyways, haven't seen a Worm Cult motif since yesterday. I know it's only the second day (technically) but I've opened over 160 boxes now. Yikes

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 5 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #2668

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 5 2018, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 5 2018, 10:36 AM) *

Then get on the ESO forums, and complain about ZOS's timing! That's par for the course.

Well that’s just unreasonable!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 5 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #2669

Councilor
Group Icon

Craft Store doesn't show them (yet) so I don't remember how many pages I got (I think three, just from seven characters' crafting) but I do remember that I had a Worm Cult page in the same box as another motif page. The theory advanced on the ESO forums is that the RNG list for Worm Cult is separate from that for other motifs, and you won't get more than one WC page in a box (but could get the book). No estimates yet of drop rate, and yours will be different anyway.

Mine probably have the best chance, as most of them don't even understand why they'd want it. I think it was my lowest-level characters that got the most motif pages, so you may have gimped yourself in advance. biggrin.gif

And I got my first Worm Cult duplicate page today. It's in the guild bank now.

Craft Store got an update for the new style, I need to download that.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 6 2018, 04:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 6 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #2670

Mouth
Group Icon

Welp, I got two Worm Cult drops from writs this morning lol That's 3/14, so it's not bad.

I also got a Buoyant Armiger drop. Swords. Incredible. Astonishing. I'm going to treasure it.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 6 2018, 09:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 7 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #2671

Councilor
Group Icon

I left another Worm Cult duplicate page in the guild bank. I don't remember if it's the same one I put there last time.

Thank to Grits passing me some smithing mats, I've had several smithing surveys drop recently. RNG = AI?

Edit: How's the drop rate for everyone? Laurie has been passed all the pages and furnishing plans the crew has gathered so far, and our total from 40ish crafting writs a day (missed a few for Jute shortages) has been six Worm Cult pages, plus two duplicates, 38 other motif pages, about 30 plans, and a lot of misc materials for styles we've never heard of. Bouyant Armiger has not been seen at all, but that applies to several other styles, too. We have two pages of others, such as Celestial. Because we're new at this, the rate of duplicates motifs (other than Worm Cult) is nil. I haven't been watching the plans so much as they're also coming from dungeons.

I suspect the drop rate has a bias somewhere toward low-level (or new) characters. That could account for the complaints from the old guard, but some of them just like to complain anyway. However, I can't see any way to confirm that with my small sample size capability.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 9 2018, 03:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 9 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #2672

Mouth
Group Icon

So mid-event progress report. After seven days doing 9 characters worth of crafting writs and six days of at least 8 other dailies I have obtained the following:

-4 Worm Cult Motifs
-Around 115 Transmutation Crystals
-Various recent motifs, including Silken Ring, Redoran and Telvanni, Ashlander and Morag Tong, Ebonshadow, Bloodforge, and even a few Buoyant Armiger.
-Various pre-Morrowind Motifs, most of them motifs the Squad has completed. :v I will wait until after the event to distribute them among "backup" crafters. Maybe.
-A few blue furnishing recipes. Three of the Purple Clockwork City recipes. (why)
-Three Purple Provisioning Recipes
-and miscellaneous crafting materials

In all honesty I don't keep track of who's getting what, since by the time I get things I'm worrying about who needs it and what will go where (I should also mention I'm hanging onto and distributing green and blue recipes from the Provisionig Writs because i hate myself) but I THINK the Worm Cult has mostly come from lower-levels? I know Jo'zira got one too, but I haven't gotten enough to really prove one way or another.

I hate the idea of having to buy Worm Cult after all this is over because i know they'll be expensive.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 10 2018, 03:55 AM
Post #2673

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit’s crew isn’t taking full advantage of the anniversary event. We are doing our normal crafting (that is Mira on gear, Brenna on consumables, and Razak on gear and consumables), but adding Feathered-Snake into the mix on just gear. Unfortunately we are not taking as much advantage as we could be of the xp bonus; only activating the cake for our crafting quests. Despite the lack of effort on this one’s part, Khajiit is ok with the amount of bonus stuff we’ve gotten. We didn’t even participate last year.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 10 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #2674

Councilor
Group Icon

Hit the half-way mark with the seventh unique Worm Cult page last night. Not much else to note, though. A Hlaalu page, and a couple of furnishing plans (plus a duplicate). Oh, and a purple provisioning recipe, not in a Jubilee box, but in the regular crafting one. We had another duplicate page (not WC) that we dropped in the bank, and while there pulled out some of the Hollowjack surplus. Those will help Laurie's "Motifs known" count when that becomes a factor, and they're not in the mix this time. Consolidated some of the others while I was there.

We're passing heavy drops down to Blossom for deconstruction, and everything else to Laurie, via the bank, and just using the home coffer for pages, plans and surveys. The Alchemy and Enchanting surveys are piling up a bit, so may have to blitz those soon, gathering skyshards en route. Then there's going to be Rubedo Leather harvesting in preparation for some crafted medium, which should also benefit from the XP bonus. It would be nice to combine the two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 10 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #2675

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm up to 6 Worm Cult now biggrin.gif

I got several drops this morning, one of which was a duplicate. (Maces, if anyone's interested in trading for one I don't have) Maybe I'll make it by the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 10 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #2676

Councilor
Group Icon

o be honest, I'm now expecting to get maybe ten to twelve of the 14, and then the book will drop, to tell me the pages were a waste of time. Or not, and those last few will be priceless rarities that nobody has.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 10 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #2677

Mouth
Group Icon

Same tbh. But by the time I thought of it I had already used 2 of those motifs. Ah well. I've never gotten a full book before but it's still a thing I think about regularly, for all motifs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 11 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #2678

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, last night was the non sequitur. I got my first ever Buoyant Armiger page, but no Worm Cult, not even a duplicate. A couple of other misc pages, a plan or two, etc.

Spent some time chasing surveys, and foraging en route. Laurie is still only 48 in Clothing and 47 in Woodworking, so crafting's not just for Jubilee boxes. Naturally everything we get is now heavy or weapons, so either Unna or Blossom gets to de-con those. Still selling the Ornate pieces, as Taminwe wants her house, and we're more than half-way there.

The craft bag is getting cluttered with obscure materials, but the one that the Jester's Pavilion needs (Rogue's Soot) is still in short supply. I can't guess if we'll be able to make one when we finally hit the house price, without spending some time in Hew's Bane hunting for it. All of which reminds me to ask, how do people who don't have ESO+ handle the huge variety of mats that drops in events like this?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 11 2018, 09:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 11 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #2679

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 11 2018, 08:24 AM) *

All of which reminds me to ask, how do people who don't have ESO+ handle the huge variety of mats that drops in events like this?

Crying

In all seriousness, though, it's what takes up most of my bank and character inventory space and part of the reason I go all in when preparing for this event. Never mind that this is only the second one. This year I have storage boxes, so it's easier to move things around or store them so the bank doesn't get clogged up. Last year inventory management was part of The Hell, since I had to park characters at the bank and constantly log in and out as I swapped things around. This was easily 5 to 15 minutes per character.

Course, this is only for the Squad, since they focus on only 2 crafts each, and Fjotreid, who works exclusively on consumables most of the time. Everyone else is equipped to craft everything so they usually hold onto things other than style material and trait stones. (Those stay in the bank for all to access)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 12 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #2680

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie reached 49 in Clothing and 48 Woodworking, with all the others passing her their de-con items from the crafting writs. Unna and Blossom are getting the Blacksmithing ones, depending on level.

No more Worm Cult pages this time, but about half a dozen others among the crew. The duplicate Ebonheart Pact one was traded to the guild bank for ones she didn't yet know, and weren't likely to be included. She'll need a good spread once we get all her levels up. On the same front, she went skyshard hunting to fill in a few of the crafting skills she'll need soon, like "Laboratory use".

Unna went foraging for materials, as she keeps using up the intermediate ones she uses. I considered moving her up a level, but Laurie had left little behind in the next one. The low-level crafters keep using up the Jute, but that also comes back from writs, including Unna/Laurie/Blossom crafting at higher levels, so a round of writs can even out. Sometimes that means one of the "juniors" has to do wait on their clothing writs until the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 132 133 134 135 136 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:52 PM