Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Morrowind Mod Discussion Thread, a place for open discussions, idea and resource sharing etc
Renee
post Apr 15 2021, 12:51 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Apr 14 2021, 10:59 PM) *

Which basic needs type mod did you choose? I’ve used Necessities of Morrowind before but I’m thinking on trying Ashfall with Taddeus' Foods of Tamriel on a new install sometime this year.

Had you given any thought on a leveling mod? I’m thinking of using a new leveling system Mort's Ultimate Leveling Experience (MULE) instead of GCD.

In Seyda Neen there is a shack you can acquire for free relatively early after completing a certain early quest.

Yes I know about the shack but that's part of the vanilla game. Now that I have the power of modding you see.... :devil: .... I can add extra little stuff. Heck I could add an entire shack somewhere and call it hers. I don't want to do this in Seyda Neen though....

Nexus is not working on my laptop, so I'll have to get back to you on the name of the needs mod. It's a newer one though, from 2020 or 2021. It only covers food and sleep. I don't want anything too comprehensive.

Nope, no leveling mods. I've always been happy with the way MW works. I do want to change other things, though. What is it you try to target with GCD or MULE?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2021, 01:01 AM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Does anyone know what makes enemies attack us in Morrowind? I am not seeing if this is because of Faction, in fact I don't even see a Bandit Faction or anything like that.

I have a mod which adds random bandits and other NPCs to MW you see, and I'm trying to see why guards don't attack these bandits. Because my character's a wimp right now. She's not ready to fight them head on, but I also don't want to just uninstall the entire mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 12 2021, 02:04 AM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm not certain, but because Morrowind NPC's basically stay put, and don't wander around, they just don't encounter enemies, and so don't need factions etc. It's really only the player that goes out and finds the bandits.

Npc's can be given small areas to wander in, but it wasn't until Oblivion that they got travel AI added,

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 11 2021, 09:04 PM) *

I'm not certain, but because Morrowind NPC's basically stay put, and don't wander around, they just don't encounter enemies, and so don't need factions etc. It's really only the player that goes out and finds the bandits.

Right. I have seen guards attack vanilla enemies before. In Seyda Neen, Pelagiad, Balmora, etc... there are times I've dragged a cliff racer or some other enemy into town, and all the guards start doing something about it. viking.gif Maybe it has something to do with the Fight stat (or whatever). I'll have to look into that. Tearing into someone else's mod once again, lol.

As far as my character goes, I forgot she has Star Curse, which is a Lesser Power for her. She is able to poison enemies with this and it does quite a lot of damage, and that one bandit fell. indifferent.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: May 12 2021, 01:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post May 12 2021, 04:27 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2021, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 11 2021, 09:04 PM) *

Right. I have seen guards attack vanilla enemies before. In Seyda Neen, Pelagiad, Balmora, etc... there are times I've dragged a cliff racer or some other enemy into town, and all the guards start doing something about it. viking.gif Maybe it has something to do with the Fight stat (or whatever). I'll have to look into that. Tearing into someone else's mod once again, lol.

Been a few years but I think you're right about the Fight stat. I'm sure that I'm not saying anything you may already know so please excuse me if I do. Basically in the NPC's AI tab you have values for Fight, Flee and a couple others. The higher the Fight number the more aggressive the NPC will be toward you. There may also be an AI Package designated. If so I believe there may be scripted exceptions. Since I only made companions that are set to love me, love me, love me that's all I know. Not much help but maybe it'll jog a memory. bigsmile.gif

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2021, 08:00 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ May 12 2021, 11:27 AM) *

Been a few years but I think you're right about the Fight stat. I'm sure that I'm not saying anything you may already know so please excuse me if I do. Basically in the NPC's AI tab you have values for Fight, Flee and a couple others. The higher the Fight number the more aggressive the NPC will be toward you. There may also be an AI Package designated. If so I believe there may be scripted exceptions. Since I only made companions that are set to love me, love me, love me that's all I know. Not much help but maybe it'll jog a memory. bigsmile.gif

Ha ha that's okay. Thanks for your input, Vampire Hunter. cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 14 2021, 01:03 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

I did peek into Vvardenfell Bandits tonight and all the Bandits have a setting of 90 for their Fight stat, so that's pretty high. A Mudcrab (in comparison) has a Fight of 30 I think. Yet guards will go nuts if one of these crabs invades their town. viking.gif

I think it's because these bandits are being termed under the NPC category (in the CS). Now that I think about it, when we get attacked by that Dark Brotherhood Assassin early in the game, guards won't intervene then as well, even if we're running all around them getting chased in plain daylight.

So I think maybe in Morrowind since there's no Faction Interactions (that I can find, anyway) all NPCs are being termed in the same way. The game can't say "well bandits are in the Bandit Faction, therefore Guards will attack them because there are no factions which work in this way. The game just sees all NPCs the same. *shrugs*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post May 23 2021, 03:57 AM
Post #28

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 9 2021, 06:36 AM) *

I once heard that some really advanced modder years ago got an NPC to travel from Pelagiad to Balmora (something like that).

That was GhanBuriGhan (author of Scripting For Dummies). The mod was called Traveling Merchants. It took the poor guy nearly a year to make a merchant and pack Guar travel a relatively short distance down one road near Suran. It was my idea to add that Balmora to Caldera route. I really think he wanted to hit me when I suggested that, lol.

As you say, a few years later we were all able to accomplish much more sophisticated travel routes without resorting to any scripting at all, using only Oblivion's Radiant AI system. It was so easy it almost felt like cheating to me, in some obscure way.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: May 23 2021, 04:00 AM
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 23 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha ha that's awesome Wyrd! He wanted to hit you for thinking big (which means more work). I get it. laugh.gif

As far as my dilemma with Vvardenfell Bandits, last night I did discover that NPCs do have a Faction pull-down menu... it's just that Morrowind's Construction Set does a lot of things different from Oblivion's, so I didn't see this pull-down until last night.

So what I did was I made a custom faction called aaaBanditFaction, and made this faction have a -3 Interfaction Relationship against Imperial Knights and Imperial soldiers. I haven't tested if this works in game, but it should. I noticed Thieves Guild and Camona Tong also have a -3 relationship between them, which is why my Thieves Guild character got attacked when she went into the Tong's cornerclub last time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 27 2021, 12:03 AM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 7 2021, 08:25 PM) *

I will have questions about playing MW on PC, oh yes I will. First one: is there a way to make menus bigger? I sit about 7 or 8 feet away from my TV as I'm gaming, I need larger fonts, I think.

Just an update. I did use one of the fonts mentioned earlier by macole, but to make fonts bigger, I did not need a mod, instead I needed a utility, which is Morrowind Graphics Extender. Just open up the MGE X5.gui, make sure the Graphics tab is selected, and change the Menu UI scaling scroll-bar to whatever number is desired. I went from 1.00 to 1.55.

I also just discovered Emma's site, posted earlier in this thread. blink.gif Wow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jul 27 2021, 04:26 AM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 26 2021, 06:03 PM) *

Just an update. I did use one of the fonts mentioned earlier by macole, but to make fonts bigger, I did not need a mod, instead I needed a utility, which is Morrowind Graphics Extender. Just open up the MGE X5.gui, make sure the Graphics tab is selected, and change the Menu UI scaling scroll-bar to whatever number is desired. I went from 1.00 to 1.55.

I also just discovered Emma's site, posted earlier in this thread. blink.gif Wow.

Thanks for the MGE XE advice. I never would have thought of it even though to use that feature.

Emma's site is great. Constance is my favorite Morrowind companion.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 27 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #32

Finder
Group Icon

I didn't know Emma's site still existed. I haven't posted there in ten years. I'll have to take a look at it again.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 27 2021, 03:39 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

I have a question for you all: can I make Morrowind speak? I feel that the story of Lena Wolf will eventually take a turn to the East... err... no, I'm not telling you smile.gif but the one big thing that put me off Morrowind was the lack of spoken dialogue. I gave up on the whole game because of that... sad.gif

I looked around on the internet, and it appears that there are some mods that replace written dialogue by spoken one. Haven't looked in detail, but does any of you know about that? Tried that? Have an opinion? I'd like to hear it. smile.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 27 2021, 04:28 PM
Post #34

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jul 27 2021, 10:39 AM) *

can I make Morrowind speak?
Have an opinion?

You might take a look at this mod: PC Voice MWSE I've never actually used it so I cannot comment on it. SubRosa and a few others here use voice mods so they might be able to recommend a better mod.

My opinion? I absolutely loathe voiced protagonists in any roleplaying games that allow the player to create a unique character. So I am not a best person to ask, lol. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 27 2021, 04:39 PM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 27 2021, 04:28 PM) *

My opinion? I absolutely loathe voiced protagonists in any roleplaying games that allow the player to create a unique character. So I am not a best person to ask, lol. laugh.gif

Thanks, Pseron! But I didn't mean a voiced protagonist. I meant voiced NPCs! smile.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 27 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

You can’t remove the text dialogs, because they drive the quest scripting. The mods can only add text-to-speech as you still need to make you choices in the text. And the text can include your character name, which might not be something the speech system can pronounce.

With Vvardenfell being full of Dwemer ruins, it could get messy.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 27 2021, 05:41 PM
Post #37

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jul 27 2021, 11:39 AM) *

I didn't mean a voiced protagonist. I meant voiced NPCs! smile.gif

Oh, I completely misunderstood. My apologies.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 28 2021, 06:21 PM
Post #38

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 27 2021, 05:27 PM) *

You can’t remove the text dialogs, because they drive the quest scripting. The mods can only add text-to-speech as you still need to make you choices in the text.

Oh this is good to know - thanks, Ghastley! I haven't thought of that. The text would then act as subtitles. I might try that. goodjob.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 22 2021, 07:50 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Hello? Hell-o-ooo? Anybody here? whistling.gif

Is there a mod which adds the entire province of Morrowind? Sort of like how Valenwood Improved or the Elsweyr additions to Oblivion?

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 28 2021, 08:51 AM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

None that I know of/

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 PM