Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Memoirs of a Morag Tong Assassin - Solstheim, Chapter Two: North as the Racer Flies
Black Hand
post Jan 15 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Deleted.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Sep 21 2013, 01:13 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Jan 15 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

The forum wandering insomniac wakes to the treat of another post, wonderful.

Well, I think you've weakened me." she said slowly.

"Thanks?" I replied.

It was all great, no surprise but having been around since before the dinosaurs I've heard a lot of different ways to "say" what Pene was trying to say but that's a new one. Awesome, I believe the next time I find a need to share that particular sentiment, if that should happen, I will borrow this line. And of course I will make sure that whoever I might be saying it to knows that I am quoting a daedra, just to make it interesting.

Thanks BH, a nice smile to take back to that infernal bed that seems to be fighting me like Athynae fights Athlain. Good night, yea right, for you I hope anyway.

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 15 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Fairly dues...Excellently done...

For some reason, my head feels like wool this morning...I did, nevertheless, thoroughly enjoy that...

Brilliant matey...

I second the Athynae's quote...Beautifully done that...And I know exactly what she meant (I meant Pene but Athynae too biggrin.gif )...Truly brilliant mate...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jan 15 2012, 01:26 PM
+Quote Post
Olen
post Jan 15 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

I recalled that I had rejected certain advances the night before,

That could complicate things...

Pene becoming more human is a good touch. Having an emotionless psycopath as a support character isn't ideal but an ex-emotionless pstcopath... You've done it smoothly too, I suppose I had noticed, but only sort of until you point it out.

Their interaction is fun to read too. Good stuff.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 15 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

I love how the common ground between mortals and Daedra is a source of friction for Seth and Pene. I wouldn’t expect him to forge an uncomplicated relationship.

I enjoyed Seth’s explanation that the Daedra and Aedra were once more alike. My very limited understanding is that it was their choices that separated them, not their source. Of course, I could be completely wrong about what Seth was saying.

I think you've weakened me. What a very Daedric way of putting it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 16 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmmm odd I'd say! Both Athynae and McBadgere claims to know "exactly" what Pene meant by telling Seth he weakened her....I'm not so sure though! But that's me (being around that darn assassin for quite some time has made me suspicious biggrin.gif )

Very well described interaction between S and P though! they are like old mates...hehe

I like Seth is feeling more like his old self, that is admirable considering what he's been through!

I say to you BH what i said to the Dachshund:

may I have some more, Sir?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 17 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I believe- whether he desires them or no- complications are going to be arriving in Seth's life. For example:

"It's...comforting...in this mortal form." She said chewing on a bit of scrib jerky.

And of course the passage that caps the piece and that others have rightly quoted.

Another I would point out as having significance to me is this:

This running away from it all...its new to me too. So, I guess we'll just try our best to keep each other company and in check. At least we don't have to go it alone I suppose." I offered meekly.

Here we begin to understand just why it is that Seth keeps a "vicious Daedra" around. Not even the (former) Grandmaster of the Morag Tong likes to be alone- all the time.

Wonderful as always.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 19 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Deleted.

+Quote Post
Athynae
post Jan 19 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

I do wonder how he's going to feel when he looks back from the sea at the land that has been his life. Just ponderings...

Especially not one who has as much anonymous influence as yourself.”

I am not sure if this was meant to be funny but I found myself laughing, and as my 12 yr old has said, "Ya think?"

A very nice segment to set him up to be off for ... what comes next. I do hope he enjoys the challenges of the isle.

Ready for more...

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 19 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yup! What Athynae just said!....And nice! Seth is cooking, I remember I had him clean the house in some of my chapters! biggrin.gif Yeah yeah....being skilled around the house is a good thing.

Now the last sentence worries me a bit, what does he mean by "everything"? There are things that cannot be left behind because they stick to you, like glue...so????

Anyway this is gonna be very interesting...because I have my thoughts about my favorite assassin....and his knack for...ehhh things? wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post Jan 20 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

I like what you did with Ponius. He came across as bright and clearly knew something odd was happening but with a 'recommendation' from the duke he wasn't going to press Seth over it. I imagine most people who would choose to live on Solstheim are running from something anyway, I'm sure Seth will fit right in...

Good part, I look forward to the continuation.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 20 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

I recalled that I had rejected certain advances the night before, and realized that as different as the daedra were to mortals; certain things were universal. Like emotions.

...The truth is...before I met you. I didn't know what being alone truly felt like. It was the needs for the weak. Well, I think you've weakened me." she said slowly.

Quoted both of the above for the deep insights you flawlessly and subtly wove through that section - masterful job on that !!

the Imperial Cult would never turn away a soul in need. Especially not one who has as much anonymous influence as yourself.” He said, indicating that he was no fool, and that my clothes did not fool him.

Really great line, and one that has to let Seth know that to hide from his past totally - he'd have to do better than just assume a new role. I don't see someone of Seth's brilliance holing up long in an Imperial Fort without either taking it over or flattening it to the ground, lol. Awesome Write !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 20 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Most excellent matey...

If however, you’re the type that doesn’t mind rolling up his sleeves and pitching in, you may find some pride in a cabin built by your own two hands

Dunno, I've only been reading his adventure for a short while, but I just can't see this somehow...Until recently-Rich, boss-man building a cabin?...Made me laugh that did...

Looking forward to seeing where this goes...

Nice one!... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 20 2012, 05:45 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jan 19 2012, 11:03 PM) *

Most excellent matey...

If however, you’re the type that doesn’t mind rolling up his sleeves and pitching in, you may find some pride in a cabin built by your own two hands

Dunno, I've only been reading his adventure for a short while, but I just can't see this somehow...Until recently-Rich, boss-man building a cabin?...Made me laugh that did...

Looking forward to seeing where this goes...

Nice one!... biggrin.gif ...

I agree, I didn't see him taking that option either. He has to find somewhere to hide that he can use his genius mind and move about. I wish he'd go to Cyrodiil !!!! But he won't/can't, Selene and Treydog/Athlain are still in Morrowind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 20 2012, 06:46 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Deleted.

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 20 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Nope, you're right, I didn't know... biggrin.gif ...

And I stand corrected, enlightened and in awe, once more, of your work... biggrin.gif ...

*Bows down*...

Nice one for the other bit too!!... biggrin.gif ...

+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 21 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Deleted.

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 21 2012, 07:10 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Blimey...Lady appearing-in-everyone-else's-stories Athynae is here too?! blink.gif ...

Excellent chapter though...

Athynae's cool...

Both of them... wink.gif ...

Loved it...I laughed at this...

...I got it two day at my birthday cele sela pardy...

That was just funny... laugh.gif ...

Top chapter!!...Loved it!!...

Nice one!!!...

*Applauds*...
+Quote Post
Olen
post Jan 21 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

Nice touch. The interlude to see what he's left behind works, especially because it is very much Athynea with the different writing style (and indeed writer).

Very enjoyable, I wonder if she is to become a regular feature...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 21 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh, a crossover Athynae !! Awesome Write !! You have very thoroughly become immersed in Athynae's personality, we can recognize it anywhere without the name every being written !! Wonderful surprise !! (I wonder if she'll see the stain?)

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:24 AM