Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 127 128 129 130 131 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Renee
post Dec 16 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #2561

Councilor
Group Icon

Err.... things got pretty complicated in Vyvoor's life over the last few days. Let me see if I can remember it all.

It is Morndas, 26 Morning Star by now. About a week prior, the Stormcloaks wanted him to go to Dragon Bridge, to intercept an Imperial courier of some battale plans... oops I mean battle plans. Vyvoor found the courier easily enough, but after speaking to this guy, Vyvoor wound up getting attacked by him! viking.gif So he had no choice but to kill the man, right there in DB's inn. This caused Vyvoor to get a bounty of 1000.

He had 1000 gold at the time, but still... that's a lot of gold. So he resisted arrest instead of paying it (there's no way he's going to jail).

So this immediately canceled any plans of getting up to Solitude. He had no choice but to run. He'd left his followers in a mod-added inn somewhere in the countryside (to better disguise that he is Stormcloak) so at the moment, he was on his own, which was a GOOD thing because I wouldn't want those followers attacking the people of Dragon Bridge. That would be a disaster.

So Davor was stuck, but then maybe it wouldn't matter. He'd gotten the courier's plans. Meaning that now all he'd have to do was get back to the Stormcloak camp, where Galmar Stone-Fist forged a few things into those battle plans to fool the Imperials. viking.gif After this is done, I am assuming there will be some sort of battle, probably at Fort Snowhawk. Stormies will take over. Stormies now control Hjaalmarch. Eventually they'll work their way north to Haafingar (however it's spelled). Take over there too. Maybe Sir Vyvoor's bounty will then be cleared, since Solitude is no longer Imperial-controlled? Hmm..

Or maybe he'll simply go back to Solitude and pay that gold (so I can continue the Main Quest, which I'm sort of fascinated with).

One more thing: I enabled dragons back into his game via the Random Encounters mod. So he's already slain three of these in the past week or so. Pictures will be posted today, since that's what WE want.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 16 2018, 03:36 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 21 2018, 12:51 AM
Post #2562

Councilor
Group Icon

Turdas, 29 Morning Star, 4th Era 202 Sir Vyvoor takes some time off to do some dungeoneering. Today he is in High Gate Ruins. High Gate is located in a sort of out-of-the-way place, far away from any road.

Vyvoor and his followers have actually been avoiding the roads lately, especially the one between Dawnstar and Morthal. This area has zones become frequently inhabited by Imperials. Whole troops of them will show up out of nowhere. Sometimes Stormcloaks show up at the same time, and the ensuing battles are not always fun! viking.gif But anyway, he decided to do some dungeoneering because he's got a few days to roam around before he gets his next Stormie mission. viking.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 22 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #2563

Master
Group Icon

Souissi's been to High Gate in her early days in Skyrim. A hefty and useful reward awaits those that dare to face the guardian of the ruin...

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 22 2018, 01:40 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 25 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #2564

Councilor
Group Icon

Loredas, Sun's Dawn, early evening, year 202

Today Sir Vyvoor and his three companions are in Uttering Hills Cave. He found this place after getting curious about a barely-worn path in the ground. Decided to follow this path and found Uttering Hills, which is (was) a bandit retreat. He's become more interested in exploring mostly to find draugr ruins, so he can increase his Shouting vocabulary. But the occasional bandit run doesn't hurt either. Always in need of loot, food, and shelter.

Over the past few days, Sir Vyvoor and the Stormcloaks managed to 'Liberate' the hold of Hjallmarch, defeating the Imperials at Fort Snowhawk. He then returned to Ulfric's palace, where he was pleased to learn he can now live in this palace if he'd like.

--------------------------------

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 29 2018, 02:18 AM
Post #2565

Councilor
Group Icon

Fredas, 13 Sun's Dawn, 4th Era 202 -- Sir Vyvoor arrives in Dragon Bridge, and immediately the guards want 1000 gold from him, since he's got a bounty here. Tough decision.

Does Davor go to jail. NO.
Does Davor pay the fine? He struggles for a moment. Then, no. So only one choice left. Stormcloaks will rule Haafingar soon anyway.

viking.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 30 2018, 02:21 AM
Post #2566

Councilor
Group Icon

Fredas, 13 Sun's Dawn

IPB Image

"When we have reclaimed our land from the Imperials, we will TAKE the fight to the Thalmor. They are the true enemy, make no mistake."

Sir Davor Vyvoor nodded, and agreed to help. The land would soon be for them. And it would be for them soon. Off to battle they'd all go.

But Vyvoor was soon distracted, gazing out upon the land, and all its secrets.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 30 2018, 02:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 30 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #2567

Master
Group Icon

LoL, I like it that he didn't pay the fine, why would he, when soon Ulfric and him will conquer that hold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 31 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #2568

Councilor
Group Icon

Well things didn't turn out the way we thought they would. His bounty was too large by the time he'd gotten to Solitude, so he had no choice.

Sundas, 22nd of Sun's Dawn:

IPB Image

Sir Vyvoor gets out of jail, to a glorious and rare sunny day. He'd only served 10 days after suspected of murdering two Haafingar guards in Dragon Bridge.

But because of recent political events (namely, the Stormcloaks taking charge of Fort Hraagastad) Vyvoor is suddenly cleared of those charges. Only his original bounty of 1000 stands, for the murder of an Imperial courier.

But because this courier had initiated attack upon Vyvoor first (and there were witnesses to back this story up). the original charge of murder gets denounced to mere assault.

Vyvoor is free to go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 31 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #2569

Master
Group Icon

Even if he needed to spend one year behind bars, perhaps some mortars in that cell would be ready to crumble... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 9 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #2570

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 31 2018, 05:16 PM) *

Even if he needed to spend one year behind bars, perhaps some mortars in that cell would be ready to crumble... wink.gif

Ha ha yeah, I know what you mean. I discovered that part by accident actually, and had to reload the game because Vyvoor wasn't actually trying to break out of jail at that moment. :whistling:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 12 2019, 09:28 PM
Post #2571

Councilor
Group Icon

Rain's Hand 6, 4th Era Year 198

IPB Image

"Ah, my adventure-hunting friends. Are all of you prepared to delve deeply within the silt?"

The group before Aradi (Dunmer historian-turned-tourist guide) nodded, and gathered their things. They had mostly arrived to the camp by various means a day or two before. Those who felt like they wanted to play 'ruffian' had spent a night or two outside, here on the shores and sand, imagining the days of yore, when actual bandits had claimed this spot. Those who wanted comfier surroundings (or did not know the tour could unofficially begin before the date on their wax-stamped handouts) merely stayed at a nearby inn. But now, all of them were here.

"Good. Follow me, and please, watch your steps."

All twenty of them then commenced beyond the stone door, and found themselves within the gloom. Passed under pure-white stone arches in awe, walked single-file through an underground half-round. And then slowly made their way down dozens of steps; their footfalls softly echoing. It seemed the way into the main chamber took at least an hour. And finally, they were there, deep within the ground.

"How far down have we come?" asked one of the Nords, this one named Thor. "Seems like the Ayleids put an enormous amount of time and effort."

"Four-hundred twenty feet, not counting the exterior half-through and its initial staircase," their tourist guide answered. "Vilverin, also known as Wind Mist Ruins, was built during the Middle Merethic Era, possibly in construction well before the final capstones of White Gold Tower itself were being crafted, but yet not hauled upon the tops of the tower itself. Rough estimates would place Vilverin's dating well before the First Era indeed."

"...And the Ayelids of Vilverin," spoke a blonde-haired elf. "'Tis truth they turned towards the worship of daedra? Or are these learnings untrue?"

"Worship of daedra?" the tourist guide asked quizzically. "And you are?"

"Beth, though many call me Crystal."

"I see. Well, Crystal, the Ayleids are rumored to have indeed turned to the underworld to fabricate their hideous desires ... rumored, I might stress, though the historical facts are all over, as you may have also gleaned within your learnings. And now, please, wander about! You've paid your gold, enjoy these solemn surroundings!"

The group moved throughout the enormous subterranean chamber, their imaginations stimulated.

The newly-founded 'Imperial Ruins Tourist Expedition' had become a roaring success for the Elder Council, during these lean, tough times. Money in their coffers, paid by many who wanted to learn about Cyrodiil's ruins of the past. Seven locations surrounding Lake Rumare: Sercen, Fort Empire, Fort Homestead, Fort Magia, Memorial Cave, Fanacassecul, and Fort Virtue, had become permanently cleansed, gentrified, and sanitized. These had all been featured during regional tours over the past year, or so. Vilverin itself was only partially ready for expeditions. Its furthest depths had not been completely cleared yet, but this was not really much of a problem, so far. Management of the Vilvern interior had simply made sure to hide any access to these areas.

Though Vilverin was no longer a preferred hideout for the still-numerous outlaws of Cyrodiil, the fact of the matter was that one could never be too careful. Back in the Third Era, and deep into the Fourth, Vilverin (indeed, all of the locations mentioned so far) were considered dangerous. Now, all were well-lit by magical sconces, and staffed by numerous henchmen, all to make sure the tourist expeditions would stay safe. And there were the pleasantries, as well. Here in Vilverin for instance, an entire table had been cleared for foodstuffs.

But as the group spread out and examined the underground, Aradi the tourist guide could not help but keep a twinge of nervousness at bay.

One man, a muddy-haired Imperial who had introduced himself to the tourist guide as Lucius (and who was rumored to be a descendent of the Caro family by a couple others in the group) stumbled upon a loose white block. Began moving it back and forth along the ground. Looking up at a nearby wall. And listening.

"I see you, hello!" Aradi surprised Lucius. "You won't find any hidden doorways, nor access any hidden treasure rooms, from here! I'm afraid the long-ago conquerors and adventurers have already secured any wealth stashed away. Such names you might have heard of: Saya, Buffy, Dyan phor a'Cauz, The Grey Wizard, Joan of Arkay, Falador, Lady Saga, Lothran, and so on. All have been here, long ago when these walls and halls still held outlaws. Nothing left to find now. We made sure of that."

Lucius Caro knitted his brow, as though puzzled. "Well but what sort of tour--" he began.

"Oy! this is locked! Why is this locked?" Another Nord, this one's name escaping the tourist guide, calling over. "There's a gate over here, seems like these ruins go further within and downward, yet it's locked."

"Sir Dahh--?" the tourist guide cleared his throat. "Your name seems to have escaped my memory."

"Davor. Sir Davor Vyvoor."

"Yes, well, Sir Davor Vyvoor, there seems to be.... uhm, how can I put this?"

Aradi the tourist guide struggled with an explanation. Those strongmen! They forgot to block the passage! he thought, trying to keep his face neutral. They were supposed to move those crates over here, keeping the tourists from deeper discovery! ... But how could he explain?

Suddenly, the entire lot of them was crowding around, seemingly unsatisfied with the one area of Vilverin which had become permanently cleared, unsatisfied by the free buffet of food upon the center table, wanting to go further. Not possible. Though the upper main chamber of the ruins were safe, down below it was still treacherous. Filled with undead, mostly. Skeletons and zombies, and possibly even a wraith or two. And there was no way the newly-funded Imperial Ruins Tourist Affiliation would allow for actual investigation of those further depths, whether the subjects before him were carrying weapons, or not.

"Well we made payment, splendid amounts of gold, toward an affable interior delving," the blonde Nord with the funny name .. Lord Have something, brought up. "And from here, we cannot commence?" he asked, flummoxed.

Aradi the tourist guide gulped, wondering why he hadn't called for this expedition to be held at Fort Magia, instead.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Turdas, 19 Sun's Dawn, 4th Era 202

Fox .... Wolf ... Bear ... Snake? No!

Wolf .. Bear ... Snake ... Fox? Bloody hell!

Sir Davor Vyvoor, now located far to the north in Skyrim, finally pulled the correct combination of levers, which caused a large iron grate across the room to move upwards. He'd been working this combination of levers, deep inside of Volskykgge, for hours now, while his party of Stormcloaks rested.

But he'd done it, and so they were all ready to move on. As he smiled in satisfaction at his final efforts of logic, Davor thought back to that muddy-haired man. The one who'd been part of that silly 'tourist expedition', along with a dozen or so others. The man who'd been rumored to be a descendent of Caro lineage. That man, Davor remembered, was the one who'd tried pushing that loose white block in the floor, while they were in Vilverin. He had been talking about coming to Skyrim also.

"I wonder what became of him?" Davor asked aloud, hoping not to stir some hidden draugr from entombment. "Ah, 'tis no matter. Time to move on."

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 13 2019, 01:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 12 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #2572

Ancient
Group Icon

What a delightful tour through the ancient Ayleid ruins with our old pals!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 20 2019, 03:07 PM
Post #2573

Councilor
Group Icon

Aw, thanks SR. smile.gif Silly RP story from me, once again.

I haven't been updating Vyvoor but an overall update: so far he's finished the Civil War. Finally. And one of his followers (the Spellsword Stormcloak) died in one of those gigantic spike traps. Though a new guy respawned in Windhelm awhile ago, Vyvoor instead decided to recruit Lydia as a follower, which was the better choice, I think. Eventually he found a staff which sprays shock magic all over the ground, and he decided to give this item to Lydia. Since doing so, the Sir Vyvoor team has become more unstoppable than ever.

Vyvoor's greatest strength of course is his ability to shout. He's a mediocre swordsman. He's not really as stellar overall as some of my past fighter-types, like Lord Haaf-Mersey. viking.gif He took up archery for awhile, but wasn't very good at this. I think if you're going to be an archer, you'd better have this as your main, primary devotion. Because like Lady Saga in Oblivion, it makes the most sense to be able to take care of your enemy with ONE shot, maybe two at the most, especially while sneaking! Vyvoor is pretty much terrible at archery.

So instead, he's decided to take up Destruction magic. Got the Sparks spell. bluewizardsmile.gif This way, he can now deal with enemies from somewhat of a distance in between shouts if he has to. Because like I said, he's not the best with swordplay.

He's continuing with the Main Quest, and is supposed to visit the Graybeards once again, but the Helgen Reborn mod just kicked in, and whoa... we can't wait to see whatever changes this brings to this ruined town.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 20 2019, 03:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #2574

Councilor
Group Icon

Helgen Reborn is one of my favorite questlines ever. I'll say no more. biggrin.gif

I've actually forgotten her name, but Uthgerd's companion is about to follow Uthgerd up the 7,000(ish) steps. Uthgerd's Housecarl Lydia is with them. I'm testing how mods work on the Xbox. So far mostly good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 20 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #2575

Councilor
Group Icon

Alas, Katrin fell to a giant frostbite random encounter outside Whiterun. Uthgerd is going to have to go on without her. I’m sure that Lydia will be up to the task of carrying her burdens, etc. Darn.

The only way I found to delete saves is to delete the whole profile’s data. I’m glad I didn’t have my usual gazillion characters waiting around to play.

Katrin’s final hour. RIP Katrin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 28 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #2576

Ancient
Group Icon

January just did the Gildergreen/Eldergleam quest. It has been so long since I have done it, that I completely forgot about the Breton priest who wants to go with you to the Eldergleam Sanctury. Jan just talked to the priestess of Kynareth and left. I am not sure if there was a glitch in the quest and the priest was simply not there. Or if I simply left without noticing him. I did not realize it until I was about to complete the quest by talking to the priestess at the end. I looked it up on the UESP wiki to see how to fix the glitch with the tree (the dead tree model always remains after the quest is over). That is where I noticed the Breton.

If he goes with you, he gives you the option of getting a new sapling. That is how I have always done it in the past. Then you have to use the console to fix the bug by removing the old tree mesh and adding the new one. But apparently if you do it without him and just get the Eldergleam Sap it heals the old tree in Whiterun. I decided to just roll with that, so I could see how it looks.

So I am still discovering new things in this game, 9 years after it came out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 30 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #2577

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2020, 02:54 PM) *

Me too. I was with Vyvoor yesterday and he discovered a couple places none of mine have ever been. He's scrubbing the countryside clean, in his quest looking for new shouts.

And that's one quest none of mine have ever finished. The Gildergleam tree is bare in all my games! Thor a'Zaene started this quest long ago, but he was totally afraid of magic. And his game was on PS3. He almost got to the location he was supposed to go when a wisp mother began following him. The game glitched out like mad, and next thing i know there were dozens of wisp mothers, crashing my console. Never seen anything like that happen since!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 30 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #2578

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2020, 02:54 PM) *

January just did the Gildergreen/Eldergleam quest. It has been so long since I have done it, that I completely forgot about the Breton priest who wants to go with you to the Eldergleam Sanctury. Jan just talked to the priestess of Kynareth and left. I am not sure if there was a glitch in the quest and the priest was simply not there. Or if I simply left without noticing him. I did not realize it until I was about the complete the quest by talking to the priestess at the end. I looked it up on the UESP wiki to see how to fix the glitch with the tree (the dead tree model always remains after the quest is over). That is where I noticed the Breton.

If he goes with you, he gives you the option of getting a new sapling. That is how I have always done it in the past. Then you have to use the console to fix the bug by removing the old tree mesh and adding the new one. But apparently if you do it without him and just get the Eldergleam Sap it heals the old tree in Whiterun. I decided to just roll with that, so I could see how it looks.

Yes, but ...

In my first few games, the Breton added himself to the party,but commiitted suicide by Sabre Cat before we got there. That left only one option at the Sanctuary. It was quite some time before I played a game where he made it all the way.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #2579

Ancient
Group Icon

Jan just defeated a dragon at Solund's Sinkhole, with the help of two Reach guards who were there. Once the dragon was dead, January healed herself.

"Go cast your fancy magics somewhere else!" one guard says...

Really? huh.gif

Then the other guard says:

"What is it, dragons?"

biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 1 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #2580

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha hat that's hilarious!

Did you get any pictures?

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:03 AM