81 Pages V « < 68 69 70 71 72 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Grits
post Nov 27 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #1381

Councilor
Group Icon

I raise my coffee cup to Acadian, we are indeed enjoying the same traditional day-after meal. happy.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 27 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #1382

Ancient
Group Icon

I am going to be eating fried chicken and broasted potatoes, because I have a coupon for it at my local chicken joint that is buy one get one free, and it is only good for today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 27 2020, 11:42 PM
Post #1383

Councilor
Group Icon

I had the traditional turkey sandwich for lunch, even though I didn't have turkey yesterday.

And home-made cheesecake. the sandwich was just an excuse for having dessert. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 28 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #1384

Master
Group Icon

Mrs. Treydog and I pushed our "meal" out to today. On Thursday, had boiled/grilled chicken and a baked potato.

Today- smoked turkey, honey-cured ham, escalloped potatoes (yes, we are both Irish, why do you ask?), cornbread dressing (with onions and celery in), cinnamon rolls for dessert and a pecan kringle for additional dessert.

ETA- And yes, eating the "main course" is ALWAYS just to justify eating the dessert(s)... smile.gif

This post has been edited by treydog: Nov 28 2020, 02:22 AM

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 5 2021, 06:05 PM
Post #1385

Master
Group Icon

A potential momentous occasion. As of today I plan to buy no more Bell Peppers for my daily salad-suppers. (Nor do I plan to grow, steal or beg for any.) I can't recall when I first begin adding them. Years ago. Greens at first. Reds later. Greens added no worthwhile taste the salad. Reds were little better, not enough so to justify their continued existence on my plate. Enough remains of my current Red Bell to see me through much of the week. We'll see if my decision stands firm afterward.

Decent tasting apples are becoming a rarity at my grocery-of-choice. (Meaning prices are good, and it's the closest to me, nothing more.) No Fuji's for three weeks now. My backup apple has been AWOL at least twice that long. I've not seen what was my backup apple back-in-the-day for a very long time. Pink Ladies don't cut it. Nor do Autumns. Another I tried several weeks back, whose name escapes me, fared no better. I've never liked Red Delicious or any of the green varieties. Galas are so-so, and don't keep well in my experience. Some apple varieties are above my budget so remain unknowns. And so on.

On a positive note, I bought "Wickles Spicy Red Sandwich Spread" on a whim yesterday, due to Jalapeño being its primary ingredient, and its nutritional values being not bad at all for this sort of thing. Tried it on a Walmart Deli ham & cheese half-sammich at lunch. Mixed a bit in with my Thousand Island Dressing during supper. The verdict thus far is positive, surprisingly more so as a blend with Thousand Island than as a sammich topper. (But it's not bad at that either.) My only disappoint: it looks like something that might burn out your innards, but is in fact rather mild. Mild in a good way, thank goodness. As little as I use per application, expense isn't prohibitive.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 5 2021, 07:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 5 2021, 06:20 PM
Post #1386

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 5 2021, 11:05 AM) *

Decent tasting apples are becoming a rarity at my grocery-of-choice. (Meaning prices are good, and it's the closest to me, nothing more.) No Fuji's for three weeks now. My backup apple has been AWOL at least twice that long. I've not seen what was my backup apple back-in-the-day for a very long time. Pink Ladies don't cut it. Nor do Autumns. Another I tried several weeks back, whose name escapes me, fared no better. I've never liked Red Delicious or any of the green varieties. Galas are so-so, and don't keep well in my experience. Some apple varieties are above my budget so remain unknowns. And so on.

I cook with a lot of green bell peppers but I’m not overly fond of them raw.

My girlfriend bought some Cosmic Crisp apples the other day. I’d never heard of such a thing, but it was really tasty and the texture was quite crisp and not mealy at all.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 5 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #1387

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 5 2021, 11:20 AM) *

My girlfriend bought some Cosmic Crisp apples the other day. I’d never heard of such a thing, but it was really tasty and the texture was quite crisp and not mealy at all.

Cosmic Crisp? I've not heard of those either. I researched online, but found mostly obvious promos. Definitely a new apply variety, crossbreed of Honeycrisp and Enterprise, according to one article. (Never heard of Enterprise either.) Pretty much every article that conducted taste tests rated Cosmic Crisp highly. Looks to be out of my price bracket, sad to say. That's true of most any 'new' apple. Maybe I'll get to try them some day/year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 5 2021, 10:22 PM
Post #1388

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 5 2021, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 5 2021, 11:20 AM) *

Cosmic Crisp? I've not heard of those either. I researched online, but found mostly obvious promos. Definitely a new apply variety, crossbreed of Honeycrisp and Enterprise, according to one article. (Never heard of Enterprise either.) Pretty much every article that conducted taste tests rated Cosmic Crisp highly. Looks to be out of my price bracket, sad to say. That's true of most any 'new' apple. Maybe I'll get to try them some day/year.

Oh sorry, I wasn’t there when she bought them so I had no idea what the price point was. sad.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 5 2021, 10:35 PM
Post #1389

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 5 2021, 03:22 PM) *

Oh sorry, I wasn’t there when she bought them, so I had no idea what the price point was. sad.gif

Not to worry. They aren't 'all' that expensive. Just more than I normally pay for apples. Gotta keep that monthly food budget under $200US. Speaking of which, I came in $298.02US under budget for food in 2020! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2021, 12:45 AM
Post #1390

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 5 2021, 03:35 PM) *

Speaking of which, I came in $298.02US under budget for food in 2020! smile.gif

Oh congrats!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 6 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #1391

Master
Group Icon

I had two salads and cookies and milk.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 7 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #1392

Master
Group Icon

Again mixed a little Wickles Spicy Red Sandwich Spread with Thousand Island Dressing atop my salad-supper. Again found it a welcome addition.

Added a little Wickles to yesterday's Hormel Turkey Chili lunch. It made a normally blasé meal more enjoyable. Used sparingly, Wickles seems to complement food while not masking it's original basic flavor(s). I like it, in other words.

As mentioned elsewhere, I remembered to grab a tub of "NatureSweet Cherubs" tomatoes at Walmart yesterday on my way home from my local CPAP equipment supplier of choice. I tried a tub of grape tomatoes several weeks ago, when they were the only non-full-size tomatoes in stock. No thanks. To the plus, they at least have flavor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 3 2021, 08:59 PM
Post #1393

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I have now had exactly six (6) semlas whereas two were had yesterday at work tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 21 2021, 03:34 PM
Post #1394

Master
Group Icon

I have tentatively settled on a new lunch regimen that will hopefully, in the long term, let me drop the unwanted pounds gained between mid 2019 and late that year (or early 2020). Not much to it. Every other day, I now consume six Triscuit Original 100% Whole Grain Wheat crackers (Whole Grain Wheat, Canola Oil, Sea Salt), a apple half, glass of water. The remaining days I continue eating WowButter & Sugar Free Jam/Jelly sammiches, half apples and milk. Breakfast and Supper are unchanged. Eating only six crackers every other day makes the switch very economical! Not in the least exciting, sad to say.

A worry was that I'd find the crackers addictive. Thankfully, that's not the case...so far. Whether this works or not remains to be seen. It's not a super big change calorie wise. I don't think a major diet change is in order. Heck, I've never been sure why I gained those extra 20lbs in the first place.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 21 2021, 03:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 21 2021, 06:21 PM
Post #1395

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Had waffles today. They were good but now I don't want them again for another year tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 5 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #1396

Master
Group Icon

Pulled out my wallet upon entering Walmart this morning, to discover I'd left my grocery list at home. First time in ages I did that. Miraculously, arriving back home afterward I found that I'd remembered the list perfectly. Who would've guessed? No Sugar-Free Blackberry Jam in stock, sad to say. (I bought strawberry instead.)

Can't tell for sure if my month (or so) old diet change is doing any good. I weighed myself prior to breakfast this morning, au naturel. 155lbs. Problem is, I then realized I've not taken an au naturel pre breakfast weight reading in ever so long, so have no ready means of comparison.

Am pleased to report that last month's food expenditure totaled $165US, not bad at all considering March was a five-Monday (grocery day) mouth this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 5 2021, 09:19 PM
Post #1397

Master
Group Icon

Had me some fish styx and fillets for lunch.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 11 2021, 01:42 AM
Post #1398

Master
Group Icon

No supper for poor decrepit me tonight. Needed to help my brother with a project. Took us from early afternoon until two-and-a-half hours past my normal supper time to wrap things up. No biggie. Does me no harm to do without on occasion. As to the project, I suspect nothing will come of it, sad to say. Still, there's a slim chance of success. <crosses fingers>

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 11 2021, 10:44 PM
Post #1399

Master
Group Icon

A bowl of Tuna Fish and a Dr. Pepper.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 13 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #1400

Master
Group Icon

For lunch it was BBQ covered chimichangas with ranch dipping sauce and a bottle of water.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 68 69 70 71 72 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:36 AM