8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khajiit Hearthfire, Possible mod
SubRosa
post Nov 12 2015, 02:23 AM
Post #121

Ancient
Group Icon

I have had many occasions where bandits, necromancers, and the like have just stood by and done nothing even though my character was just a few feet away. But clicking on them to initiate dialogue would snap them out of it, and turn them hostile.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 12 2015, 05:14 AM
Post #122

Councilor
Group Icon

Another touch. I'm turning the top shelf of the cupboard in the house into a bookshelf, as there isn't one there yet.

However, I'm getting the activate prompt, but the container's not opening. This isn't the click trigger facing the wrong way, as that suppresses the prompt. Checked all the links, and they look good. I'd have expected that I'm activating the click trigger, but it's not passing it on to the container. Anyone had this, and remember the cure?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 12 2015, 05:16 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 12 2015, 05:39 AM
Post #123

Councilor
Group Icon

For me it was that my test save loaded in the same cell as the new bookshelf. Going outside and coming back in cured it. I tore my shelf apart several times before I realized what was happening. Sorry I don’t have any better ideas.

I’ve had a non-hostile Hired Thug from the vanilla game follow my character around until she was led to her death by a group of spiders. Talking to her didn’t turn her hostile. She was the last of the three to show up and missed the fight. Maybe your dark elf’s third thug wave was just one of the many weird occurrences brought on by the vanilla game?

Mojo needs a fresh start in the cart to Helgen. I think I have been screwed by Wrye Bash. It’s been adding and removing the newest mod installed to the first profile that’s loaded afterward all by itself. I suspect that Mojo’s clean game was nuked from the beginning without me noticing.

Good luck with your uncooperative shelf. I’ve had dreams about making collision boxes. *shiver*

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 13 2015, 01:30 AM
Post #124

Councilor
Group Icon

OK bookshelf had its clickTrigger deleted and re-added and now it works.

Version 0.5 also has its esp and scripts in sync in the bsa, unlike 0.4 where the scripts were a month older!

The cupboard also got replaced by plain shelves, as the collision for the cupboard was getting in the way of the activation of the shelf. You had to be at exactly the right distance to operate the shelf before, now it's a lot easier. There are enough containers without the drawers at the bottom.

Cat Man Dhou got a wave of thugs who might have been non-hostile, but they turned up in Fort Greymoor while he was fighting identically-clad bandits, and got mixed in to that battle. Later on, he found a group of Imperial soldiers (with prisoner) fighting a frostbite spider, and as he went to join in, a pair of wolves and a conjurer also turned up. He ended up with a bounty after hitting one of the soldiers, and now he's paranoid about who'll come to his next battle.

However, in the process of clearing the bounty, he's discovered that although a Khajiit isn't welcome in a city, a criminal is, and he was released inside the walls! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 13 2015, 07:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 16 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #125

Councilor
Group Icon

Mojo loves his new house. It’s exciting to have a spawn point right across the road. M’aiq hangs out there because Mojo never talked to him, plus he’s had a Nord charge over and attack him out of the blue. Pre-owned armor delivery! biggrin.gif Tiny nit: the interior is called Wainwright’s shop with a lower case ‘S.’

I love the interior. It looks cozy and not overdone with room for the player to decorate. The wainwright clutter on the table looks great, and merchant clothes on the shelf are an excellent touch! I have not checked the bookshelf yet because Mojo sold all of his books.

Mojo tested his storage this morning while I wrote some checks. He was inside the Drunken Huntsman. At about day 24 I heard Elrindir say in that slightly exasperated tone, “If you’d like to purchase something, I’d be happy to assist.” laugh.gif I noticed that the interior barrel respawns, which if that’s intended might be good to mention in the ReadMe so that people don’t store their food supply in there. I was about to ask for a chest outside near the smithing area, and then I looked over and saw the wagon. Portable storage!

One thing I would add is a second chair on the porch, mostly for atmosphere. I like that this is clearly not a family home, but there will be visitors. I love the wagon wheels and spider stacked around. The shop looks just right. I love it!

Funny about the Cat Man's free trip into Whiterun once he was confirmed as a criminal. That's some Nord thinking at work! laugh.gif

ADDED: Oh my gosh, the sign! I love the sign! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 16 2015, 03:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 16 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #126

Councilor
Group Icon

It's amazing what entertainment that spawn point provides. Last night we watched a Frost Dragon fight the guards at the watchtower. It wasn't player-hostile, so it was a case of sitting on the porch until it died, and then meandering over to claim its soul, passing a giant moon-walking because he was stuck behind a rock.

I'll unspawn the barrel. That wasn't intended. And there's room for a second chair on the porch, so why not? I'm not sure if I can move the table and chair to put one the other side of the table, or if you wouldn't have room to pass the table to reach the second chair. If that's the case, another chair can go the other side of the door, near the wheels. There may also be a smaller table I could use.

The logic with the house is that a Khajiit would have built the wagon as home, and its storage is what he'd use. The house was a gift from Nords who don't think like a nomad, but it serves to supply the rest of the crafting stations he won't take with him. That's why I didn't make it family-friendly, like the other homes. I must remember to point that out in the readme, or I'll get a lot of whining. tongue.gif

Some of that carries over to the wagon. It has no seats because it's for freight, not passengers, and a follower should have their own horse to ride.

How are the Wagon menu options working out? I wasn't entirely happy when the canopy and goods had to be alternates, so the wagon is empty when the canopy is up, but that was all the behaviour graph allows.

I've tested with an existing game to which I added KHF long after visiting all the stables. Courier was sent soon after completing the wagon and levelling, as expected.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 16 2015, 04:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 16 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #127

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoops, I completely forgot to play with the canopy. I love how the cargo looks! It’s great to be able to drive with the canopy up or down depending on the weather. The cargo not showing while driving with the canopy up is better than not having it show ever. It’s amazing how much cool that stack of cargo adds.

I tried to goof up and drive away with the bedroll out but your menu is Grits-proof. biggrin.gif I’ve added in all of the town and city mods that I usually use to see how the wagon handles in the tight spots. Those mod authors tend to anticipate the touring carriage mods so I haven’t gotten stuck yet. I admit the fear of starting a war by running over a townie’s chicken.

At the house maybe the second chair could go at an angle since that table is more for viewing than for dining? (And I forgot to mention the grass under the porch. That stuff crops up everywhere.) I am grinning over the image of CMD calmly sitting there waiting for the guards to finish off the frost dragon. laugh.gif Mojo and Shuvesse are headed into BFB next to release the lizards. Maximum roadside mayhem.

The courier found Mojo right away. He is level 9 so he should still level up pretty quickly. I’ll keep an eye out for those thugs.

Here’s a traffic jam (or a Whiterun guard traffic stop?) and Vigilance and Shuvesse eating road dust. I haven’t added AFT or Convenient Horses yet, so she’s still on foot. (The canopy has shadows on it due to my game settings. They clear up when the camera is a little closer.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 16 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #128

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks for checking out that chair location. It does look appropriate, and avoids moving anything.

The dragon incident wasn't in Cat Man Dhou's game. Fluffie and her sister Fuzz had that one. It's hard to get a screenshot in their game without pervasive boobies, or I would have taken lots. biggrin.gif

---

The only places where the wagon gets hard to drive are up in the north where there are snowdrifts across the road which I keep forgetting are hard as rocks. You can steer around them once you remember that you have to. I've taken it cross-country to get to the Greenspring Stronghold, although that did take a bit of route-planning on foot first. Once there, it got parked for a while, as it's just as hard to drive back out.

I confess to using the Reset power to tidy up my parking in a few locations. I wish you could back the wagon into parking spots, but you can't.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 16 2015, 06:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #129

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 16 2015, 11:27 AM) *

Thanks for checking out that chair location. It does look appropriate, and avoids moving anything.

The dragon incident wasn't in Cat Man Dhou's game. Fluffie and her sister Fuzz had that one. It's hard to get a screenshot in their game without pervasive boobies, or I would have taken lots. biggrin.gif

---

The only places where the wagon gets hard to drive are up in the north where there are snowdrifts across the road which I keep forgetting are hard as rocks. You can steer around them once you remember that you have to. I've taken it cross-country to get to the Greenspring Stronghold, although that did take a bit of route-planning on foot first. Once there, it got parked for a while, as it's just as hard to drive back out.

I confess to using the Reset power to tidy up my parking in a few locations. I wish you could back the wagon into parking spots, but you can't.

Pervasive Boobies are my favorite kind, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 18 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #130

Councilor
Group Icon

Mojo got thugged! It happened as he approached the Western Watchtower on the way to the shop from Whiterun. They didn’t have a chance to confront him. He saw a commotion ahead and arrived to find the Whiterun guards fighting with the three thugs. They all had their contracts and payments of 100 gold in their inventories. Woo!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #131

Councilor
Group Icon

Do I detect non-standard equipment in use? And who's the arrow victim? Perhaps a potential recruit to the guards? biggrin.gif

The Whiterun guards at the watchtower get a lot more work with this mod keeping the player nearby. There's an Encounter Zone there, but nothing happens without the player, and now you have a reason to visit more than the one time for Murmulnir.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 18 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #132

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif Mojo killed their new recruit! Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons are both in evidence on the thugs. The red-headed thug in the back gave up a beautiful shield, and Mojo melted down the thug with the arrowed knee’s armor into a stack of steel ingots. That location is a real winner. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 19 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #133

Councilor
Group Icon

All that reminded me that I didn't adjust the thug percentage yet. It's still at 33% each level-up. What I'm thinking of doing is reducing that value (it's held as a Global) each time you kill off a set. If I multiply the current value by 0.9, it will never hit zero, but keep reducing. If you get unlucky, and get them on each level-up, then the chance reduces more quickly and should stop that effect.

I'll do that this weekend, when I work on the canopy texture.

Edit:Version 0.6 has thug chance tapering off, and an improved (slightly) texture for the canopy. I gave up trying to make the texture better. I think I hit my skill limit. I also found an error in the recipe for the forge repair. It's checking stage 50, not 150, of the tools quest, (plus the spokeshave). Those conditions are only met if you find the tools in order, so it didn't show up in most test runs.

Version 0.7 should be better.

I found a couple more (cosmetic) things I want to change, so we're not done yet! The part-built wagon uses an earlier version of the canopy, and the initial state of the canopy-tracking variable doesn't match its (revealed) state, so it takes two attempts to take it down at first.

I'm also running more tests on out-of-sequence tools, so it could break gain.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 22 2015, 05:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 22 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #134

Councilor
Group Icon

0.7 is now properly installed in Mojo’s game and looks great! Thank you, ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #135

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 18 2015, 10:14 AM) *

Mojo got thugged! It happened as he approached the Western Watchtower on the way to the shop from Whiterun. They didn’t have a chance to confront him. He saw a commotion ahead and arrived to find the Whiterun guards fighting with the three thugs. They all had their contracts and payments of 100 gold in their inventories. Woo!

This screen looks like it is Ulfe hollering out, "You'll have to do better than that..." - his mouth is the only one open! rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 19 2015, 11:44 AM) *

All that reminded me that I didn't adjust the thug percentage yet. It's still at 33% each level-up. What I'm thinking of doing is reducing that value (it's held as a Global) each time you kill off a set. If I multiply the current value by 0.9, it will never hit zero, but keep reducing. If you get unlucky, and get them on each level-up, then the chance reduces more quickly and should stop that effect.

I'll do that this weekend, when I work on the canopy texture.

Edit:Version 0.6 has thug chance tapering off, and an improved (slightly) texture for the canopy. I gave up trying to make the texture better. I think I hit my skill limit. I also found an error in the recipe for the forge repair. It's checking stage 50, not 150, of the tools quest, (plus the spokeshave). Those conditions are only met if you find the tools in order, so it didn't show up in most test runs.

Version 0.7 should be better.

I found a couple more (cosmetic) things I want to change, so we're not done yet! The part-built wagon uses an earlier version of the canopy, and the initial state of the canopy-tracking variable doesn't match its (revealed) state, so it takes two attempts to take it down at first.

I'm also running more tests on out-of-sequence tools, so it could break gain.

I'm in a rare extremely busy state this past and next month, so just for now am not going to download the updates - giving it time for you to get some changes built up, lol. I should be able to play and fiddle with the game by late December, or possibly early January.

(plus, I know you haven't reached the "finished" spot yet, lol).

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 22 2015, 12:54 PM) *

0.7 is now properly installed in Mojo’s game and looks great! Thank you, ghastley!

Now, are these the final textures on the canopy?

Oh, and I missed two shots you took earlier of the canopy and a table and chairs on a porch; I'm sorry! On those, the canopy looked a little different; maybe a bit beige rather than white/but with some pattern in the cloth?

Also, is that table on the porch for the little house you fix up in the mod? That looks great! I like chairs set like that for sitting on porches; I usually put a little respawning plate of snacks and drinks out on it to draw player and NPC's to sit there and use it.

(my porch tables with food in Bravil kept City Swimmer alive, she always had free food that was not owned to eat!).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 22 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #136

Councilor
Group Icon

For Phaerwen's run-through, the saw was in Treva's watch, so she (sensibly) left that to last. The spokeshave was in Lost Knife, the tongs in Fort Fellhammer, and the hammer in Knifepoint Ridge, so she picked the last first, and did spokeshave, hammer, tongs, saw. All the right objective messages were displayed, and the forge was repairable at the end. I checked the state of the wagon at each point of the build to make sure that it all looked right, and we're looking good.

Minor tweaks made for this run: interior renamed as House to match everything else. Wagon movement set to keyframed as soon as it's completed, so it can't move until you have a horse hitched.

Unless you find some problem in the next day or so, I'll probably release 1.0 in time for the Thanksgiving weekend.

I considered adding the map marker earlier - e.g. when you find the book, or find the last tool - as it would be useful when returning to the workbench. But I decided it doesn't get its place on the map until the house is rebuilt, so it's staying as it is. I will, however, add a note in the documentation that you'll want to visit Fort Greymoor to have a fast travel point nearby. The watchtower doesn't get one until the dragon finds it.

Edit: The fair Phaerwen just got her first wave of thugs, and dispatched them, only to be killed by a sabre cat who had come up behind her while she was busy. sad.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 22 2015, 09:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 23 2015, 01:40 AM
Post #137

Councilor
Group Icon

Yikes, poor Phaerwen! sad.gif

Mojo stopped by the house, love the grass-free porch with two chairs. One thing I keep forgetting to mention, the two hides by the bed overlap slightly which makes the edge flicker. Book shelf looks great. (He finally got some books.) Mojo placed a carriage hinge spring on the work table because it looks cool. He will stack some ingots and some treasures on his empty shelves as soon as he gets some. It’s fun to have just enough space to put a few personal things around that make the house his, but not so much that he would want to move out of his wagon.

Quick question, what happens to the original chest when the house gets rebuilt? I moved everything onto Mojo’s wagon because I knew the rebuild was coming, but other people might leave some smithing things in there and then not be able to get to them since the rebuild happens while the player is away. Sorry if you mentioned this already and I just missed it. wacko.gif

I think you made a good decision about the map marker. Mojo fast traveled to the Whiterun stable during his tests, and it is just a quick dash to the house from there. I like the sense of completion when the marker shows up with the rebuilt house.

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 23 2015, 01:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 23 2015, 03:31 AM
Post #138

Councilor
Group Icon

The chest remains where it was, but since you can't get to it any more, that's no consolation. It may be possible to move all its contents to one inside the house, so you don't lose anything. Maybe the one under the table.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 23 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #139

Councilor
Group Icon

FWIW I’ve been testing Mojo’s wagon with follower and horse mods. So far Amazing Follower Tweaks and Convenient Horses are cooperating. I have follower horses controlled by Convenient Horses with AFT’s follower horse options turned off. To get followers to ride while Mojo is driving I have them set to Prefer Riding in their CH options. If they are not set to Prefer Riding they will follow the wagon on foot and ride when Mojo is mounted on his horse.

Next is trying out some combat with Mojo on the wagon. I have Mojo’s horse set to Cowardly in CH so that it won’t try to fight. The goal is to keep Mojo in the seat or use Panic, because if he gets off normally the horse tends to run away with the wagon. Sometimes they end up in a tree. Yay for the Reset button! laugh.gif

Mojo is traveling with Vigilance and two followers with their CH mounts. The spacing on the road is working out well this way. It is so neat to have a real Khajiiti caravan!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 23 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #140

Councilor
Group Icon

That's good to know! I should try out CH myself. The other mod I know I'll get questions about is Frostfall. The wagon needs to be a tent-equivalent, but it's not clear how that happens.

I've been mulling over the axle grease idea, and while there are problems with alchemy - which always produces results that affect actors, rather than wagons - there could be possibilities for an extra crafting station for it. A Dwemer-styled item with a wheel valve on top could look like an oil press. However, I have no idea how to use the product in-game, so that's on hold until I come up with something. It needs a benefit to the wagon, and a way to apply it, neither of which is obvious.

But a Recipe for a Fortify Smithing potion is a possible addition to the chest at the beginning. Maybe Glowing Mushroom and Spriggan Sap. One easy to get, one less so.

I have Mojo’s horse set to Cowardly

Does this not mean running away? It may be as much of a problem as fighting in harness.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 23 2015, 10:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:27 AM