good [ 78 ] ** [58.65%]
evil [ 55 ] ** [41.35%]
Total Votes: 133
Guests cannot vote 
the-anti-neravarine
post Oct 8 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #21

Evoker

QUOTE(Infiltrator @ Sep 26 2005, 05:11 PM)
I will be good, but not the pure palading good, anyone who played the Thief series, the main character, Garret, that's what kind of personality I am aiming at, since I will join the DB, so I will steal things I need, and kill people that need to be killed, but I will always free slaves, help anyone actually as long as it doesn't conflict my interests. So just making Good or Evil, I don't think a lot of profiles can fit into that cathegory smile.gif

Garett is an good example of the term anti-hero, he doesn´t love killing but he does it when he has to, he steals money he does save the city but mainly because the badguy pisses him off(ripping his eye out) or because he lives there and if there is no city where is he going to live? know what I mean?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fallen angel
post Nov 24 2005, 06:21 AM
Post #22

Unregistered

i would be good first then i would be evil tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 24 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #23

Agent

I have ambitions of becoming a Law Enforcement officer when i get older, just like my Grandfather (bless his soul)

So ill have to hang up my theiving skimask in trade for my noble polizeihut cap, swallow my pride, and create my Khajiiti Knight if there ever was such an oxymoron.

--------------------
user posted image
"Listening to the unicorns is like having sex with yourself in the third person"
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Nov 25 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #24

Agent

i would be purely and utterly evil. even a frikkin jedi would so not even the slightest speck of good in me. (jedi will never learn by the way nono.gif ) i will waltz into town with my full daedric armor and mercilessly slaughter every villager, town guard, or animal, in my sight. forget all you pansies(i mean that with upmost respect)... MWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*cough, cough* *WEEZE* ha..ha.heh........... devilsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aki
post Nov 25 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

My three character and their respective alignments:

Dunmer Warrior - Good-ish. Not a paladin, but a Hero type who's not affraid to get his hands dirty.

Altmer Mage - Amoral. Evil. Snobbish. honoured user.

Khajiit Assassin - Enjoys killing, loves money, pretty much amoral. Kinda evil but follows a strict code (which includes not killing outside of assassination unless he's forced to kill.)

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
fl0yd13
post Nov 25 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #26

Retainer

I have 1 word:
Evil

--------------------
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Nov 26 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

I voted for good, since my characters are usually very honorable. Some sort of chivalric knight complex, I guess. In Morrowind, I did have one character who tried to steal everything in sight; I'll probably end up with one such character in Oblivion.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Nov 26 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

First I will have a hoyl pally I don't know probebly an imperial with full steel and on a white horse (tongue.gif)

then a theiving assasin that will do anything(I usually end up doing that anyways)

I wont have a mage(ish) char becasue I end up going all melee on them

hmm it wont cesor out that... nono.gif

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Nov 26 2005, 11:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Nov 29 2005, 04:58 PM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

I will try and be a Neutral Nomad, but on games were alignment and actions make a big difference (ie. Fable, B&W, KotoR, etc.) it seems to always go the way I don't want it to. I try and be good and end up evil, try and be Evil, end up being good. So I'll go with the flow biggrin.gif.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Dec 24 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #30

Knower
Group Icon

Im usually very good. I will have my Dark elf warrior:Florodine, Who will be generally good, become the leader of the fighters guild, work for the most just of the dukes, but most likely anvil cause i like that city. He will be the character i close the gates of oblivion, my multi purpose character, who i will try to bring peace back to the continent with. He will have a trusty snow white steed names Ryyden.

Then I will have Darum, he will be an assasin type. Working for the Dark brotherhood, and eventually becoming leader of it. He will not be "evil" but very careless of others lives. He won't go into a town and kill senselessly, but then again if a city was under siege, he'd abandon it before, help in the defense. He will also be very anit-authority, meaning if there is a duke easily killed, goodbye duke. He will ride a pitch black horse

I will then have my final main character, which will be Dalrus, she is an excentric mage, who is very powerful at alchemy, destruction, and altercation. She will be kinda like angela in Eragon (if you've ever read it) so she is very weird, but generally a good person. She will become the mage guild leader. And will ride the most flea bitten horse i can find
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Dec 25 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

[Rant with nothing to do with morrowind or oblivion warning!]I never liked the concept of good and evil, not only because it has no relivance to real life but games always used such a bad system for it. I liked the concept of open palm and closed fist in Jade Empire but it was just a system of good and evil. In alot of games the idea of good is just doing things the long way and the path of evil is very under developed and doesn't have any quests. I play good because being evil always just involves hurting people and I always feel to guilty to do all that even though evil is cooler. And I like to do any and every quests and in most games you can only do this as good. Doing things the smart way is not evil especially if when you don't you are just going to murder everyone in a pool of blood instead; killing the evil tyrant who is just going to go off and murder more people is not evil especially after you just killed hundreds of people who were just trying to make a living; robbing from a evil tyrant to give to the poor is not evil, killing someone to do the same is evil especially when there would logically be an easier way. Accumulating power by any means so people can live by your beliefs is evil even if your beliefs aren't that everyone should live in suffering for a rather useless reason. Untill a game works out the system for this I will play good, and I perfer that the TES just gives you the option to do what you like.[/rant with I lost interest in it, myself]

This post has been edited by Pisces: Dec 27 2005, 11:12 AM
+Quote Post
Elidor
post Dec 27 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #32

Retainer

I'ma play a reasonably carefree theif so i guess hed be good but not so high and mighty cause he *is* a thief smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageModder for Dragonlance TC
QUOTE(DoomedOne)
You all look exactly how I thought you would.
Except for Megil, I had know idea he was a black woman.
+Quote Post
Ragnar
post Jan 11 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #33

Retainer

Well in most games you are forced to be good. Morrowind was the first game i played where you could be bad. With the radiant AI and all sorts of other perks begin an evil person should be even more interesting than it was in Morrowind. In Morrowind as soon as you cleared your head everybody forgot about your misdeeds.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jan 20 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #34

Retainer

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Sep 25 2005, 04:50 PM)
Good and evil don't exist to my characters.

Precisely.... There is no good or evil,... only 'can' and 'cannot'!!! devilsmile.gif

This post has been edited by Werewolfzz: Jan 20 2006, 09:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Discobiscut
post Jan 20 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #35

Retainer

Diabolically evil
Every NPC I come across I will evaluate there necesity on the game and eliminate all those that are there just for scenery. I will depopulate the towns slowly making sure not to be caught. I will still to lots of the goody too shoes quests so my infamy is high enough for people not to run screaming and to keep the gaurds off my back. Hopefully the NPCs will stay dead once killed.
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Jan 20 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #36

Finder
Group Icon

I will try and stay neutral, but it depends what oppurtunities come up and, knowing me, I will end up evil... the Daedric Armour always converts me... Once you get Daedric Armour, it's hard to stay good tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Curly_G_: Jan 20 2006, 10:57 AM

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jan 20 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Discobiscut @ Jan 20 2006, 12:47 AM)
Diabolically evil
Every NPC I come across I will evaluate there necesity on the game and eliminate all those that are there just for scenery. I will depopulate the towns slowly making sure not to be caught.

Hey hey!, that's exactly what I do. Nothing like a bit of methodical mass murder to liven up your life.

QUOTE(Pisces @ Dec 24 2005, 11:00 PM)
[Rant with nothing to do with morrowind or oblivion warning!]I never liked the concept of good and evil, not only because it has no relivance to real life but games always used such a bad system for it. I liked the concept of open palm and closed fist in Jade Empire but it was just a system of good and evil. In alot of games the idea of good is just doing things the long way and the path of evil is very under developed and doesn't have any quests. I play good because being evil always just involves hurting people and I always feel to guilty to do all that even though evil is cooler. And I like to do any and every quests and in most games you can only do this as good. Doing things the smart way is not evil especially if when you don't you are just going to murder everyone in a pool of blood instead; killing the evil tyrant who is just going to go off and murder more people is not evil especially after you just killed hundreds of people who were just trying to make a living; robbing from a evil tyrant to give to the poor is not evil, killing someone to do the same is evil especially when there would logically be an easier way. Accumulating power by any means so people can live by your beliefs is evil even if your beliefs aren't that everyone should live in suffering for a rather useless reason. Untill a game works out the system for this I will play good, and I perfer that the TES just gives you the option to do what you like.[/rant with I lost interest in it, myself]

Very true, I agree full-heartedly.

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Jan 20 2006, 05:07 PM
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Jan 22 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pisces @ Dec 25 2005, 08:00 AM)
I never liked the concept of good and evil, not only because it has no relivance to real life but games always used such a bad system for it.

Absolutely...
You make a few mistakes and suddenly the role of that alignment is imposed on you for the rest of the game, a la 'Fable', 'KoToR', etc.
Maybe if there was no set alignment, but certain things you do make you more welcome with some groups and less welcome with others... I guess this is what Oblivion will have since killing gets you cred with the DB but the Mages aren't all that happy with Guard killers. And the Fighter-Thief Guilds conflict.
Good thing on Morrowind was you could make yourself look one way or the other, but still go the opposite path at any time.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jan 23 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #39

Knower
Group Icon

I'd like to see a 4 way system in a game, closed fist (kill & hurt people, its easier and you can gain from it) and open palm (avoid killing) names ripped of Jade empire but jade empire didn't use the concept effectively. Then loving flower (help, generous) and preying mantus (personal gain) those names were just off the top of my head they're not great. I expect most characters will go for a more closed fist way (or balanced, I'd think its a good system if most people are nuetral) even if they help and be generous or if they traditionally go for evil will go for closed fist and personal gain. But other people (like me) would entertain all possibilities assuming the game had enough replayability and would start off with open palm/personal gain because then you can be the big evil super power without the hurting people. Of course this could be making things overally complex, fixing the current system would work to the same effect, a 3 ways system could work too and it would only ever be truely realistic without a system at all; but I would still like to see it in a game as something new and orginial and it would be easier to get things more logical that way.
+Quote Post
Meladominus
post Jan 28 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #40

Associate

i am always pure chaotic evil!!!!!!!! which is weird, bcus in real life, i'm a really nice guy...(apparently!)
its more fun, you can do what you want, get free good items, but i also agree that being evil is always much easier...
oh well
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:46 PM