159 Pages V « < 157 158 159  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are You Today?
ghastley
post May 17 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #3161

Master
Group Icon

It reads like Integration needs to be uninstalled for Gavin, and then that would leave Elise unplayable.

There's also problems unwinding mod dependency chains that can mean taking others out. If you're not careful with install and load orders, it can be painful putting them back so an old character is playable again. I've broken a few of mine that way.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 17 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #3162

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, Integration: the Stranded Light is basically an Oblivion overhaul on its own. It messes with character textures, spells, and even races, the last one being the most likely reason Elise's save would explode. (Specifically, it adds a racial power to Dunmer, and the mod page itself states that uninstalling the mod can potentially break a save because of that Power.)

I actually booted up Elise's save and played for a bit and it seemed fine, but then there were several other mods overwriting Integration's non-quest changes from the start. My last attempt at a mid-game uninstall ended with the save being immediately unusable, but there's always tomorrow. :v

I was just kinda sick of the altered spell effects and characters with faces that aren't "compatible" with OCO. :/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 17 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #3163

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 17 2018, 03:31 PM) *

My last attempt at a mid-game uninstall ended with the save being immediately unusable, but there's always tomorrow. :v

Are you saying Elisa is done because of this? Wait. "There's always tomorrow." So Elisa is not done.

I'm so confused. biggrin.gif

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 17 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #3164

Knower
Group Icon

Elise's current save is fine, so she's still playable for now. I'm not sure if it'll stay that way, since it could easily break sometime in the future, based on my experience.

I've previously played with the mod and the save I played with it broke when I uninstalled it at least 2 years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #3165

Knower
Group Icon

Elise knocked out a few more Daedric Quests, Sanguine's being more notable in that she got in trouble with the law and the only reason she's doing okay is because she can teleport. :v She may have let sticking it to Clavicus Vile and Molag Bal and getting away scott-free go to her head. If the amount of Infamy she has were quantifiable, it'd be at 3 now.

No one seems to think to check in Rosethorn Hall for her except Lucian Lachance. Incidentally, Eyja had a nice present for Falanu Hlaalu the next day.

==

Meanwhile Gavin's making his way to Kvatch on Blades business. Unlike Elise, he has no access to either Guild Guides or teleportation magic, so he's taking the long way there and doing some treasure hunting along the way. It's been a long time since I played vanilla Oblivion so idk if it'd be the same, but I'm glad that Maskar's Overhaul has bandages, otherwise I'd be going through a lot gold for potions. There are so many enemies in dungeons.

His last stop was at Ceyatatar, where an insane amount of mages waited for him so he's resting before pressing on deeper. The thing that will always keep me going back to Bretons is how tanky they can be thanks to the natural half damage they take from magic. Elise has been immune to it for some time, actually.

There was one incident of note when he first got there. As he was dealing with one of the mages that chased him outside the ruin, he ended up losing her. Before he could set out to chase her down before she recovered health, he heard a scream. A few moments later a brown bear came barreling up the steps, thankfully stuck on the root on the last step. One swipe of its claws did a lot of damage, so he decided to hang back and pelt it with arrows. As it began to wear down, Alessia Otus of all people comes out of nowhere and charges at the bear with her, uh, bare fists, with predictable results. Gavin gave it a stabbing with his sword to finish it off.

So today I was reminded why I love this game series.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2018, 02:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

159 Pages V « < 157 158 159
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 04:00 PM