Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Cure for Death
Toroabok
post Oct 18 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Agent

I'm new at this, and the story's pretty slow, but I think it'll be really good. I've worked really hard on it, so tell me how I do.

=====================================================================

Part 1 of The Cure for Death: Corprus Cure

“I…I…I did it…” Toroabok uttered in disbelief.

Toroabok was a young Dunmer at this point in his life. He was about 6’1” and was 19 years young. Toroabok was rather puny for his age. This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything. May it be a tiny little fishing village or the great city of Mournhold, they just wanted to be know for something. This child, however, wanted to be famous by other means. Toroabok grew up different. He was born into a rich family and spent most of his time with his wacky old neighbor. This neighbor taught Toroabok the magic of alchemy. The first thing Toroabok ever made using alchemy was a potion of light to use as a night-light, so he wouldn’t be scared of nix-hounds eating him in his sleep. After that very moment, Toroabok was inspired my alchemy. He found its usefulness and the things it does to make life even a little bit easier.

“I’ve done it! Yes! After all the work I’ve done, this whole year, all the seasons… I have finally figured it out!” Toroabok shouted. He ran out of the palace with the speed of a hundred Nix-Hounds. He then started shouting, “Everybody, I have found it! I have found the cure to this horrible blight that haunts us all! Come here, you!” Toroabok pulled a beautiful young lady toward him and kissed her on her bright, tender lips. Toroabok then realized that there was a young man standing by her side, looking at Toroabok in disbelief. “Oh! Is this beautiful young lady taken by you?” Toroabok asked.

“Yes, she is! Why, I would knock you off your knees right now if it weren’t for these guards!!!” The man shouted at Toroabok.

“Now, now, Hector. You shouldn’t be so mean to someone who didn’t see you…” The beautiful young woman said, blushing fiercely.

“But, Swarna! This man just kissed you right on the lips, like you were his!” Hector yelled.

“I really should be going now. I didn’t realize she was taken. I should have known, though. Why wouldn’t a beautiful woman like her be taken? Please be forgiving, Hector. Certainly don’t take it out on her, either.” Toroabok interrupted.

Toroabok started running again, only faster this time to avoid any other conflict. He then arrived at an odd little building, quite nice, but odd. Without thinking, Toroabok burst through the door without even knocking. He then had to duck to avoid the fireball hurdling toward his face.

“Oh, Almsivi, Toroabok! I almost killed you, young man!” the oddly looking Altmer shouted.

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that.” Toroabok answered.

“So what has you so excited that you almost got yourself killed over?” the Altmer asked.

“I’ve…found it, Hlaamir! I’ve finally found it!” Toroabok said, excitedly.

“Slow down, child. What is it that you’ve found?” Hlaamir asked.

“I’ve found the cure for the dreadful Corprus disease!” Toroabok exclaimed.

“Surely there must be some mistake? I have been doing this research, too, child. I have not come up with as much as a hint as how to cure it! Are you sure that you’ve actually found it?” Hlaamir asked.

“I am absolutely sure, Hlaamir. It has been so long. Wasting one whole year of my life, just trying to find a cure to this disease…” Toroabok said.

“Aye, it is true what they say; children are highly impatient. Toroabok, do you really think one year is a long time? And another thing, young one; you did not waste one year of your life. One year is a very short time, and you didn’t waste it. Think of how many lives you are saving. Not just the people that are infected with Corprus Disease, but the people around them. You still have much to learn, Toroabok.” Hlaamir exclaimed.

“I guess you’re right, Hlaamir; I am highly impatient. The cure is rather complex and my handwriting is sloppy, but I wrote it all down. I hope you can read and comprehend it…” Toroabok explained. He then handed Hlaamir the piece of paper.

“No, Toroabok, keep it.” Hlaamir rejected the paper. “You should share this with nobody. If you do, they will most likely try to steal it. Even I will find it hard to resist the temptation…. Do you have any idea of how famous you will become for this? Do not leave the formula for the cure anywhere. Do you understand, Toroabok?” Hlaamir said.

“Yes, Hlaamir, I understand,” Toroabok then put the formula into his satchel. “Well, what should I do now, Hlaamir?” Toroabok asked.

“Well, you shouldn’t tell anybody else of what you’ve found. Just, go home and relax. Just do something you enjoy!” Hlaamir reached into his pocket. “Here, take this money. It’s more than you deserve.” He held out a large bag of Septims toward Toroabok.

“Are you sure? I think you should keep it…. Don’t you know? I’m not bragging, but my family’s rich. I really don’t need it.” Toroabok pushed the bag away.

“Now you take this bag, damn it!” Hlaamir practically threw the bag at Toroabok. “I’m sorry, but your parents are reasonable and won’t spoil you. They will expect to know why you deserve the money and whatnot. So take this money as my gratitude.”

“If you insist, Hlaamir,” Toroabok then emptied the bag into another satchel, hidden under his robe. Toroabok walked toward the door, opened it, and muttered, “Stubborn old man…”

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 18 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

One year and he discovers the cure to Corprus. Either the kid is a genius, or he is wrong. I like him. He's funny. laugh.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 19 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

There's a very nice flow to this story, despite being new at this, it's looking good so far. I just wouldn't introduce the character by saying his height in an actual measure, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, your dialogue was funny and interesting to read. The topic is rather intriguing as well, curing Corprus... Hopefully he doesn't become careless about where he leaves his formula.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 19 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Agent

Thx, guyz. I appreciate you guyz's help. Metal Mallet, didn't you write 'Bloodlust'? I need to read the rest. THAT STORY IS FANTASTIC!!!

Part 2 of the Cure for Death: Family Values

Toroabok walked calmly to his palace, hands tightly on the formula. The first thing Toroabok did when he entered the palace was go into his room. Toroabok practically ran to his room to hide the piece of paper and any other notes he had. He also hid the flask of the Corprus Cure as out-of-the-way as possible.

“Dear Almsivi, Toroabok! Why are you in such a hurry!?” Toroabok’s dear mother yelled. Toroabok jumped so much; he nearly knocked off all the potions and ingredients off of his shelf.

“Ouch!” Toroabok yelped. “That really hurt… And I’m just a bit tense, mom. I have been working in here forever…. I’m going to go to the great library in Vivec, ‘mkay, Mom?” Toroabok explained.

“Well, I guess, Toroabok…. It’s good that you’re getting out of the house, though, honey. You have been in here quite a while….” She then pointed at all the half-eaten food, spilled potions, and crunched-up paper all around the room. “Don’t you think you should clean first?”

“Mom, don’t you know?” Toroabok looked at his mother in puzzlement.

“Know what, sweetie?” She asked.

“All geniuses are sloppy, mother. I can’t believe you didn’t know….” Toroabok looked disappointed, but then he just chuckled.

“Good excuse, Toroabok…” Toroabok’s mother looked disappointed, but then couldn’t help but let out a laugh. “Well, go on! Get out of this Guar pin!” She chuckled and said, “So I take it you’ll be getting there by Silt Strider?” She asked.

“Yeah, I’d take the scenic route, but I’m a weakling.” Toroabok explained.

“OK, but be back by half day tomorrow, ok?” She said.

“All right, Mom.” Toroabok then went over to his mother and kissed her on the cheek. “Love ya’, Mom.” He then rushed out of the door and up to the Silt Strider Port.

“Where you headed, child?” The Ashlandic Dunmer asked.

“We’re off to Vivec, sir!” Toroabok said with excitement, and boarded the big insect…

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 19 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Another nice update with a humourous conversation between Toroabok and his mother. I wonder what's going to happen in Vivec...?

And to answer your question, yes, I am the author of 'Bloodlust'. In fact, I'm still writing it. Thanks for the compliment.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 19 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Heh, we need more mothers like that. Why are the heroes always without mothers who tell them to do their chores first? This makes for more fun situations. I bet Vivec is going to be fun also. I wonder if he'll knock on Vivec's door? (The god, not the city. Damn, that guy manages to confuse me sometimes. Naming a city after himself, the nerve! biggrin.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 21 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #7

Agent

lol, tell me about it... Actually, im kinda modelling that mom off of mine. only mines meaner lol

Part 3 of the Cure for Death: The Ride to Vivec

“Vivec, eh? What you do there?” the man asked.
“Oh! Well, I might do a lot of things, Sir,” Toroabok shifted his pack.
“So what you name?” the Ashlander questioned.
“My name is Toroabok. What about you?” Toroabok pointed toward the Ashlander. “What’s your name?”
“Me called Jagmar. Me from old camp. It gone now. Vampires attacked camp for new recruits and feeding. Family gone now. I ran away before vampires get me. Had to learn Tamrielic. Not very good, see,” Jagmar smiled.
“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Jagmar. And I’m sorry for your loss. You must hat vampires now…” Toroabok frowned.
“I hate very much. When I not take travelers, I train. Someday, I go to where camp is and kill vampires… I train very hard,” Jagmar looked at the sky. “We better start going now. It be night when we Vivec,” Jagmar untied the Silt Strider and got in it. He then started operating the controls, making the Silt Strider move. Jagmar turned the Strider right; as to head south for Vivec.
At first, Jagmar stayed on the walking trail. After seven minutes, thirty-nine seconds, Jagmar went off of the trail and above the lush vegetation.
“Um, Jagmar? Are we supposed to go off of the trail?” Toroabok looked around nervously.
“Hm? Oh, yes. It faster than trail. We go this way, maybe we get there before night. Don’t worry. We safe. Only thing hurt us is magic and arrows. Plus, they only hurt strider. Remember? I train hard. I protect you,” Jagmar pointed to the floor where a longsword and some armor lay. “Don’t worry, child. We be safe,” Jagmar patted Toroabok on the shoulder.
“Thank you, Jagmar. You are a good man,” Toroabok felt more at ease and less nervous. Suddenly, it started getting dark. Jagmar immediately lit his lantern. “Jagmar, we’ve only been traveling for fifteen minutes….. It shouldn’t be dark, should it?” Toroabok got nervous again.
“Well, maybe I wrong. Time goes fast, too. I’m sure it nothing,” Jagmar looked all around him. Jagmar knew that it wasn’t supposed to be dark yet. It had gotten dark due to a magical force. He had seen this only once before…when the vampires attacked his camp….
Toroabok looked at Jagmar and saw how tense he really was. Toroabok got worried and started looking around, too. Suddenly, it got completely dark. At first, Toroabok thought that he went blind, but realized that Jagmar had unlit the lantern.
“Why’d you do that?” Toroabok whispered.
“The strider like dark better,” Jagmar whispered. Toroabok’s eyes adjusted to the dark. He then noticed that Jagmar was as tense as ever, looking all over. Out of the corner of his eye, Toroabok saw something move really fast. Toroabok jerked his head toward where he saw it and looked as hard as he could. Jagmar noticed Toroabok jerk his head and looked where Toroabok was looking.
“Jagmar, I think I saw something…” Toroabok pointed to where he was looking.
“I’m sure it just nix-hound,” Jagmar then made the Silt Strider go faster and tried to look less tense. As they went, it got brighter again.
“Jagmar, what happened back there? I know you know…you got so tense…. What was it?” Toroabok asked.
“Toroabok, it nothing. Just clouds hiding sun, that all,” Jagmar explained.
“It got too dark for the clouds just passing the sun. Just tell me!” Toroabok jumped up and faced Jagmar.
“We’re almost Vivec. Sit down, child. You not want to look a fool,” Jagmar pointed toward a hill. “Vivec over hill. Sit and calm,” Jagmar stated. Just like he said, as soon as they got over the hill, they were at the Silt Strider port.
“Well, thank you, Jagmar. It’s been a pleasure,” Toroabok said.
“No worry. It fun. When you go back?” Jagmar asked.
“I need to be home by noon tomorrow,” Toroabok shifted his pack.
“Well, be here tomorrow two hours before,” Jagmar said.
“Ok, well, ‘bye!” Toroabok turned around and walked across the bridge onto the Foreign Quarter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 21 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, this Jagmar character is rather interesting, and the moment of darkness quite creepy. Something tells me it won't be the last time we see that...

Nice stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 21 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, creepy. I hope that Jagmar has trained hard enough. I've got a bad feeling about this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 23 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Agent

ok, guyz, heres the deal: I got grounded and i forgot my floppy disk at home. so, it might be a day or two before i get another update on here. i can't wait until i can fit more suspense and more battle scenes in it. I am trying as hard as i can to make a really good story and im sorry i forgot my floppy. so, ill try to get it on tommorrow, mkay?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 23 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #11

Agent

Part 4 of the Cure for Death: Relaxation

Toroabok headed over to the Great Library of Vivec, one of the most popular libraries in Vvardenfell. It had been a while since Toroabok had been to the Great Library of Vivec, so he was hoping there would be some new books. This was Toroabok’s second favorite thing to do; he loves to read books. Toroabok wanted to be a librarian here because he was dying to read the books that weren’t put on the shelves. But most of all, he wanted to read the ancient books, the banned books, and the dangerous books full of secrets…. Those kinds of books were likely to have hidden maps in them or locations of ancient treasures or powerful weapons; there might even be books that have the key to hidden languages in them.
After a long walk, Toroabok got to the library. The library was a thing of beauty to Toroabok. He has his own collection, but that don’t compare to this library.
“Toroabok! It’s been so long! How are you?” one of the librarians asked.
“Uncle Y’trug! I haven’t seen you in ages! I’m doing great! How about you?” Toroabok said.
Y’trug is a slender Orc with battle-scars all over his face. Y’trug used to be a general for the Imperial Army, and hated the idea of books. Now, Y’trug is the oddest Orc you will ever see. This man has tried to be so human it’s not even funny. Today he was wearing a brown robe that barely fit his natural muscle-covered body, small rectangle-shaped seeing spectacles, and a nice little comb-over.
“I am just splendid!” Y’trug grasped Toroabok by the shoulders and hugged him, nearly breaking Toroabok’s spinal cord. “My, you’ve grown! How is you mother? Ah, it has been too long!” Y’trug let go of Toroabok.
“Ah, your hugs are always so warm and welcome! My mother is fine Y’trug. I can’t believe it! You, of all people, became a librarian! I thought you hated books?” Toroabok was very confused.
“Well, my beautiful wife, your aunt Elice, told me that she was sick of me being a complete meat-head and she handed me a thick book. She told me that if I didn’t read that book completely and give her a written report of what it was about, I wouldn’t get any, well…you know…” Y’trug started laughing loudly.
“Yes, well what happened after that?” Toroabok asked, curiously.
“Well, I got some!” Y’trug laughed even louder this time. Toroabok was a little embarrassed because people were starting to look, and Uncle Y’trug wasn’t a quiet person. “Ok, I read the book and realized that it was a good book. It was one of those books with all those twists and turns, as they call them. It kept me wondering what was going to happen up until the ending. So, I thought, ‘Well, there can’t be any books better than this one!’ I told my wife this and she told me that there are many books even better than that one. So, I started reading more and more, and then my wife said, ‘Why don’t you read one of those history books? Those can be interesting, too, you know. Hey, you will probably be in at least one of the more recent ones, honey!’ So I went to a bookstore and said, ‘Hey, I’m looking for a more recent history book. Do you have anything like that?’ So she says, ‘You? Read?! I can’t believe it! Well, I think I have a good one for you. Here!’ So she hands me a book and I reach to my satchel, but she says, ‘Oh, no, Y’trug. This one’s on the house!’ So I went home and read that book and nearly all of it was about me!” Y’trug looked completely satisfied with himself.
“Well, Y’trug, what are the newest books you have? Well, we have quite a few new ones. What are you looking for specifically?” Y’trug asked.
“Hm…. I just got done with a project, but I'm itching to start a new one. Do you have any ideas? I'd like to have a big project; one that can make me become extremely famous….”
“Toroabok, I have an idea. Come with me; we should talk about this somewhere else my friend,” Y’trug whispered.
“OK, where do you suggest?” Toroabok asked.
“Just come with me….” Y’trug started walking out of the library. Toroabok followed Y’trug out of the library and into the underworks.
“Ok, we just got this mysterious book called ‘Elixir of Life.’ Nobody has seen it except for me, because I am the one who reads the new books to see what they say and if they’re fit for the library. I have read this book many a times, and there is something about it that I can’t quite put my finger on….” Y’trug started scratching his head. “Anyway, I can give you this book if you want. You are great at solving things like this. If anybody asks, I’ll just say that I needed help deciphering it and you’re better than me, which isn’t a lie.” Y’trug looked at Toroabok again.
“In what way is it weird? Is it something that it says? Or is it just a feeling?” Toroabok questioned.
“A little bit of both…. When I read it, everything gets cold, I get goose bumps, and everything seems darker…not just the light, but I just get depressed….” Y’trug had chills going down his spine just thinking of it. “And things are worded weird…it says some things that just sound really weird. I can just tell that it’s just trying to tell me something…. You should take it….” Y’trug rubbed the back of his neck.
“Are you sure, Y’trug? You won’t get in trouble, will you?” Toroabok was really eager to get his hands on this book. “Wow, just think! Discovering the cure of…life! I would be the most famous person ever! And I wouldn’t have to die either! I could go around, not telling people what it is, and tell of how smart I am…” Toroabok thought.
“It’s all right, Toroabok. Like I said, I’m the only one who knows about this book. It’s no problem. Come with me,” Y’trug started walking back to the library. When they got there, Y’trug made sure nobody saw, and took Toroabok through a secret passageway into a room with, possibly, even more books than the library itself!
“Wow! Who knew?” Toroabok shouted.
“I know, isn’t it great? All these books… And I get to read them!” Y’trug said excitedly.
“It’s still weird hearing you say stuff like that…” Toroabok said under his breath.
“Ok, here it is.” Y’trug handed Toroabok a very large book bound in what looked to be real dragon hide. The book had “Elixir of Life” and what looked to be an evil looking eye on the cover.
“Wow…. It does feel weird….” Toroabok muttered.
“Wait until you read it….” Y’trug shuddered. “Here, take this pack. It’s bigger and more durable.” Y’trug handed Toroabok a green pack, slightly bigger than his and definitely more thick. “Oh, and take this one, too. This is a pack that you sling over your shoulder and put on one side. It is just for books, and is also very durable. Here, I’ll put it on you for you…” Y’trug put the other pack over Toroabok’s shoulder. This pack only had one strap, but the strap was adjustable and looked very durable. This pack was the same shade of green as the other pack.
“Thank you so much Y’trug. You have done a lot for me, and I appreciate that a lot. When I decipher this book, I will come back to Vivec and show you. Well, goodbye for now, my dear uncle.” Toroabok headed for the exit to the library and went outside.
It was nighttime, finally. Toroabok felt the cool ocean breeze on his face. He then took a deep breath and looked up at the stars. Toroabok does this sometimes; looks at the stars and taking in their beauty and wondering things. He does this because one of his dreams is to make a star out of alchemy. A star that will follow him around everywhere he goes, maybe even able to protect him. It would be great if it were a living, breathing, talking thing; but he doesn’t know how he will do that.
Before he knew it, he was in the Foreign Quarter. Toroabok then accidentally ran right into an Ordinator.
“Oof! Make it quick, Outlander!” the Ordinator shouted.
“Oh, I’m so sorry! Do you know of a place I can stay at tonight?” Toroabok asked.
“Try the No-Name Club in the Foreign Quarter plaza. Now, be more careful, Outlander!” the Ordinator then wheeled around. Toroabok went up the slopes to the plaza and found the No-Name Club. He opened the door and went up to the owner.
“’Ello ‘der! ‘Ut can I do fer ‘ya?” the owner asked, a Nord by his size.
“Hello! I need to get a room for one night, please.” Toroabok said.
“Well, ‘at’ll be a’out 100 sept’ms,” the owner held out his hand.
“Ok, here you go.” Toroabok handed the owner 100 septims.
“’Ank ‘ya, yung’n. ‘Eres the key! ‘Ank ‘ya fur ‘ya bus’niss!” the owner said.
“Thank you much!” Toroabok went to the door, put down his stuff in the room, and lay down on the bed. Toroabok went right to sleep because he was really tired.

THere you go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 23 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Y'trug was a very interesting addition to your fic, Tora. I liked him. This Elixir of Life book sounds slightly frightening as well.

I also wanted to point out that you're mixing up your tenses sometimes during your writing. Here's an example:

He then took a deep breath and looked up at the stars. Toroabok does this sometimes; looks at the stars and taking in their beauty and wondering things. He does this because one of his dreams is to make a star out of alchemy.

The last two sentences are in a different tense than the first sentence. A good way to catch something like this would be to read out your update out loud before updating. If two sentences sound weird next to each to each other, there is likely a tense or grammar issue with it, or just awkward wording.

Hope that helps!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 23 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #13

Agent

Thanks, I'll watch that. Ok, gotta get back to homework now, lol. tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 24 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Agent

Part 5 of the Cure for Death: No-Name Club Hustle-and-Bustle

Toroabok awoke to the sound of a bunch of crashing noises. He immediately put on his robe and ran outside of his room. A Bosmer man was sprawled out on the floor, along with the owner of the bar. The owner was quite injured, but the Bosmer looked close to death. Without thinking, Toroabok ran to the Bosmer and was knocked to the ground. Toroabok looked at what attacked him and saw a Nordic man with pure rage in his eyes. The Nord was very tall with long, blonde hair, and was advancing towards Toroabok. On instinct, Toroabok retaliated with one of the few spells he knew; a sort of fireball spell, with a twist. It would drain the health from the opponent and damage their strength. With Toroabok’s health back and the Nord grasping his chest on the floor, Toroabok got up and stood over the Nord. Toroabok then killed the Nord with one final spell.
“What happened?!” Toroabok shouted. He then ran over to the dieing Bosmer and used the best healing potion he had on him.
“Did you kill ‘im?! ‘E ‘as jus’ drunk!” The owner yelled.
“Of course! I mean, I hear all this noise and see two men on the ground, bleeding. Then, a Nord knocks me to the ground, and starts walking toward me, with the look of death in his eyes!” Toroabok explained. But that wasn’t the full truth. Toroabok could have just drained all of the Nord’s fatigue out with a simple spell. But for some reason, Toroabok wanted to kill this Nord with all his might. He had never killed anybody, and, in a way, it felt good… Toroabok was afraid of this feeling… He had never killed anybody, and he never dreamed he would feel this way after doing it.
“Well, you bet’er leave. You ‘on’t ‘ant ‘a guards to come ‘unnin’ in ‘ere and arrestin’ ya’. I ‘ont tell anyone ‘at you did it. And I don’t think anyone else ‘ill, either. I ‘ean, ‘u killed a man, ‘ut you also saved a ‘ife. So, go on, ‘et outta ‘ere.” The owner said while getting back on his feet.
“Thank you, sir. I appreciate this very much. And I thank every other soul in here, too. I won’t forget this. And please, go to this diseased man’s funeral and give my condolences. Liquor is a poison, my friends. Good riddance.” Toroabok said as he wheeled around toward the door.
“Wait!” The Bosmer shouted. “Thank you so much for saving my life. I have been a drunk since my wife died. So, in a way, part of the reason this Nord is dead is because of me. You saving my life was a rite of passage for me. Maybe you, too, but you may have saved lives before, of course. I, Hwingvlite of Valenwood, vow to never drink another alcoholic beverage again. I want to make something of my life, and I would like you to help me. What occupation should I do?” The Bosmer asked.
“Well, umm… That is flattering, indeed. Well, there are many things you can do, my friend. You could become a warrior and defend helpless towns from invaders. Maybe a witch-hunter or something to that extent. Maybe you could become a Healer, and help people all over Vvardenfell. Of course, it is up to you. Only you can shape your destiny,” Toroabok stated.
“Well, what do you do for a living? I want to know what you do, and I will train as hard as I can. Please tell me,” Hwingvlite said.
“That’s highly flattering. Well, different people classify me differently. Some people call me an Alchemist. Others call me a mage. I, personally, don’t think I really fit into a specific class.” Toroabok said.
“Thank you. I will strive to be like you, as you are a great person. Again, thank you…and farewell.” Hwingvlite said and sat down at he bar. “A cider, please”
Toroabok chuckled, “Well, I ought to go. There is not much to do here, and I want to get home very badly. Again, good riddance.” Toroabok went back into the room, got his supplies, and he walked out of the No-Name Club.
Toroabok was still shaken up from the Nord attack, and was shaking ferociously. Toroabok saw an Ordinator and started pacing. Then he saw another and he seemed to be coming towards him. Toroabok started walking a little faster, and when he looked behind him and saw the first Ordinator following him, he started going at a full-on run. Toroabok ran as fast as he could to the Silt Strider port.
Jagmar jumped as Toroabok stamped his foot on the port. “My, you run fast! Why you do?” Jagmar asked.
Toroabok put up his index finger as a sign to wait for a moment. Toroabok was highly out of breath, muscles sore, and magicka practically drained. “H-h-home! Q-quickl-ly!” Toroabok panted.
“Oh fine. Get in get in. Your Tamrielic worse mine now,” Jagmar chuckled. Toroabok climbed into the giant bug once again for his journey home. Jagmar once again started the controls and moved the Silt Strider toward home. “Well, you just explain we going, kay?” Jagmar asked…

Yay! Here you go!

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 24 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Neat little update Tora. Things are starting to get difficult for our mage/alchemist friend here. Hopefully he doesn't get too far above his head.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 25 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #16

Agent

heh-heh, hopefully. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! lol my next update is AWESOME!!! Well, I think so. Too bad you have to wait 'til tomorrow! hehe lolz

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 25 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #17

Agent

Part 6 of the Cure for Death: The Silt Strider Ride…again….
After about five minutes of traveling on the Silt Strider, Toroabok explained what happened. EVERYTHING. Toroabok even told Jagmar about how he felt after he killed the Nord. He just let everything come out, which surprised him, because he has never opened up to someone so quickly. For some reason, Toroabok just felt safe with Jagmar. Maybe it’s because Jagmar doesn’t seem like one to judge, or maybe it’s something else.

“Well, Toroabok, it might no be a lust for kill. It probably just feeling. Maybe I don’t know. You may warrior at your heart?” Jagmar stated.
“Ok, well, thanks for listening. Umm… You wont tell anyone, will you?” Toroabok asked.
“Of course no. What is said you and me stays. No one knows unless you let they.” Jagmar said.
“Thank you so-’’ It suddenly got dark again. “What the hell! I’m tired of this! Why does this keep happening?! Jagmar, you know, please tell me!” Toroabok said.
“I believe vampire. I think he, or she, cast spell makes dark. Powerful travel easier that way. I ill of this, also, friend. Vampire maybe powerful, but I silver weapon.” Jagmar pointed toward the bottom of the Strider. “You cast spells? You help. Well, it is you money, so maybe you no want kill vampire?” Jagmar asked.
“Well…. Would rather we not, but if you believe you really can eradicate this evil thing off of this world, then…well…do it! Lets go!” Toroabok shouted with glee.
“Remember, friend: don’t fool with vampire. We have be sneaky and defensive. If vampire grab you, they turn you can. But, let us land this insect.” Jagmar explained. The Silt Strider got lower to the ground to where, eventually, the legs touched the gray, ashy ground. Jagmar got out of the Strider first, and helped Toroabok out. Toroabok was debating on whether or not to leave the Elixir of Life in the Strider of keep it with him. After a couple of minutes (while Jagmar was putting on his equipment), Toroabok decided to keep the book with him, as he thought it would be safer there.
“Now, be sure stay back from Vampire. Don’t let him touch you. He do, you turn,” Jagmar whispered. Toroabok nodded his head and followed Jagmar’s stead. Jagmar looked around, twitching every now and again, looking for any movement at all. ‘Why is Jagmar so tense? I don’t see why he would be so worried…. Maybe he lied to me? Maybe he doesn’t think he can kill the vampire; maybe Jagmar’s having second thoughts? I don’t think so…. I mean, I’ve heard about vampires, but…how tough could they possibly be? If they were so tough, there would be no such thing as a decent civilization in Vvardenfell…right?’ Toroabok thought, but right as he got done thinking that, he felt a breeze go by him and something cold on his throat. He didn’t notice it at first, but he then felt something brushing against his back. Toroabok tried to look behind him to see what it was, but something wasn’t allowing his head to move. Toroabok heard a chuckle and smelt the most disgusting thing he’d ever smelled in his life creep around to his face.
It smelled like a thousand dead Nix-Hounds after rotting in the hot sun for three days… Toroabok gasped as he realized what was holding him. When Toroabok gasped, the sharp blade cut slightly into the skin on his throat, and blood started trickling down his chest. Toroabok gasped load enough for Jagmar to hear, and he turned around and saw the ghastly being. Jagmar brought his sword up and was about ready to thrust it through the fiend’s neck when he was interrupted.
“Ah-ah-ahhhhhh! What do you think will happen when you thrust that sword at me? I will slit this young man’s throat and yours before it even get to where my face will have been. Now, you may want to put that sword down, silly Ashlander,” The vampire stated. Instead of doing what the vampire wanted, Jagmar kept his sword up, in attacking position. “Tsk, tsk, tsk… I’ve already warned you of my abilities…. Why must you disobey?” The vampire asked. The vampire then bent his head down and licked some of the blood off of Toroabok’s throat. Jagmar then thrusted the sword to the top of the vampire’s head, but, before he could do anything, the vampire threw a dagger at Jagmar’s knee. The vampire threw the dagger with such ferocity that it went completely through Jagmar’s knee and it stuck hard and deep into the ground. Jagmar yelled out in pain and fell to the ground.
“Heh-heh-heh…. Stupid native…. Why couldn’t you just follow my orders? This could have been much easier, yet, you strive to disobey…tsk, tsk, tsk…” The vampire laughed uncontrollably. All of a sudden an arrow came out of nowhere and went straight through the vampires neck. The vampire grasped his throat and looked all around him. Toroabok took that chance to go over to Jagmar and give him a potion. “Who the hell did that?! Ah, no worries. It will just heal,” The vampire somehow got out of his mouth, even with a hole in his neck. He then bent down and picked up the arrow. “You see, this isn’t si-’’ the vampire started gurgling and fell down, with a single, silver arrow grasped in his hand. The vampire kept gurgling for a while, and then turned to ash. Toroabok helped Jagmar up and took him to the Silt Strider.
“Wait here,” Toroabok said. He then went over to the vampire and put some of the vampire ash into a flask. He then went back to the Silt Strider and got in. “Can you still operate the Silt Strider?
“I-I think… I'm sorry I got you in bad situation…" They then returned home.

Was that good?

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 25 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

I liked it. I'm curious to see who this mystery archer is though. They must have good aim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 25 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, good aim indeed. But why not use the silver arrow right from the start? Hmm, maybe it was just to cause a feeling of overconfidence.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Oct 25 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #20

Agent

actually, jack, it was a silver arrow. The vampire just didn't realize it until he picked it up. It might seem unrealistic, but im sure you've felt this feeling before, too. Like have you ever been hit with something really hard and started laughing, but you realized it was bleeding and (suddenly) it hurt a lot worse? that is the situation here.

and, Metal Mallet, i have so much to read from bloodlust... ugh.... wacko.gif lol but i guess that's what i get for not getting on for that long period of time. Im just now done reading about the bar fight... indifferent.gif lol. but it's great.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:35 AM