Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The War of Necromancy, The Roleplaying Thread
Ahrenil
post May 6 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #121

Agent

Gillyed wasn't liking this, he wasn't liking it at all. The resccue team had been gone for a long while, as had been the psycho with the mask, a combination that did not bode well. To top it all off, it had started raining...Blood. He had been scouring his mind for any reference to this occurence in his tales and songs, but was drawing a blank, he knew no spell or unnatural event that could have caused such a violent twist in the laws of nature, and this meant that something very, very bad must be going down.

Subconsciously he began to grip the haft of his warhammer a little tighter, and checked the straps on his shield. "We can't stay here for long, I don't know if this is just blood or not, but my guess is that it's not going to be a good diea to get smothered in it, we need to get the others and find some shelter." he said to the Redguard, peering towards the lake. "I just hope they're back soon"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 6 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #122

Master
Group Icon

"Is that...blood?" Exhilerated as he was at having left the fort for the last time and knowing that both Aerona and Falius were safe (for now), Swift-like-Fish did not notice the healer's words at first. After a moment though, when he realized she was gazing at the sky as opposed to the shore where the Bosmer was waiting, he too looked up and began to realize that this was not mere rain.

"Blood?...But that would be impossible. There is no bird large enough to bleed from the clouds like rain." He hissed in disbelief. As it struck the water, the crimson droplets mixed with the lake, whose surface was now a light shade of pink. The Argonian admonished himself for not having noticed. It wasn't like him, to ignore abnormal conditions in the waters around him. Perhaps he really was as tired as Aerona was, but hadn't allowed himself to notice. On top of that fearsome thought, he gagged at the thought of having breathed the foul blood.
"This one breathes water with gills on the outside, but she has actually swallowed the water...this could be bad."

"This is impossible." He repeated while shaking his head.
"But this is no time for speak. Tired as you are, you cannot swim much longer. This one will help you climb ashore now. Also, this one is sorry for leaving Bosmer in this...rain." He continued as he retook Aerona's hand and forcibly dragged her the short distance to the edge of the lake, to the same spot where he'd left Falius.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post May 7 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #123

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen saw the rescue team emerge with the troublesome Bosmer. From here, he could see that Falius is not conscious and his chest had a staggering dent in it, probably caused by a hammer. The dunmer, though not wounded fatally, was nearly the same. She was hanging on the precipice of consciousness.

Aren was not with them and Cyldreen did not know what that meant.

The Breton, through sheer force of will, raised his hands to the air. The unnatural rain that weakened him he blocked out and in his mind, he imagined the symbol of Illusion. When the picture was burned in his mind, he muttered the Word of incantation. The air surrounding him gathered and whirled around his arm and shot off with a great speed towards the sky.

And then it exploded in a shower of green sparks and red smoke.

Let us hope that that Nord and the Redguard sees it.

He carefully climbed down, a feat on on its own as the rain was wrecking havoc on his own, and made a stumbling trek towards the rescue team. When he finally reached them, he rested on his hands on his knees.

"The signal has been sent," his voice slurred the words. "Pray that the others have prepared a swift escape.. Of Aren, what has become of him?"

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 7 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #124

Councilor
Group Icon

Swift helped her to shore, and Aerona quickly checked on Falius before finding her clothes. They were right where she'd left them among the shrubs. She spotted green sparkles and red smoke; the signal, she assumed.

She dressed quickly, and just as she was finished Cyldreen approached.

"Aren was fighting his way out to clear our escape," she said quietly as her eyes drifted back to the Fort, "But I don't think we can do anything about it right now. We need to get Falius to the wagon so I can help him."

The red shower kept on. They hadn't been standing on the shore very long, but already her hair was soaked in blood, and she was feeling worse and worse.

"Cyldreen, could you help Swift carry him? I think being in this blood rain is making me sick."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post May 7 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #125

Agent

Gillyed caught a glimpse of light through the scarlet mist that was descending, it had the familiar hint of magick, and wasn't killing anything which probably meant it was a signal, or some mage trying to tell the gods to stop. The Nord checked the wagon, everything was set to go, though he was loathe to move to the road just yet, not until he knew what was happening.

He clambered up the steep slope between the wagon's hiding place and the banks of lake and peered down towards the shore, trying to spot the rescue team who would be heading up. The rain was soaking into his furs, weighing him down, and was beginning to block out his vision as it splashed on the ground, mixing with the dirt to make thick and viscious streams flowing down into the lake which began to turn an ominous shade.

"Come on hurry up", he muttered, considering heading down to the shore and looking for the group himself.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post May 8 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #126

Knower
Group Icon

The Breton nodded and bent to pick up Falius' legs. He turned to Argonian.

"Come on, friend. Let us carry our elfin friend to safety."

--------------------
--
--
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 9 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #127

Master
Group Icon

"Yes, you lead. Did the wagon get moved? If so, this one does not know where to go." Swift hissed as he helped carry Falius, still careful not to put too much strain on the mer's back.
"This one only hopes that the dark hunter still inside is safe. And what about other comrades? This one saw a sizable group of enemies run for the entrance. Did they come out to fight them, or did they stop at the door?"

OOC: I thought part of the plan was a distraction from the ones still outside. Since that didn't happen, having the group meant to engage those outside stop and wait at the door is the best way to resolve the plothole I think.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 10 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #128

Master
Group Icon

Nathan pulled his poncho's hood over his head, securing the flap over the lower part of his face. It would take more than a shower to seep through his winter gear. Still, the shift in weather was... unsettling. He stood guard by the wagon while Gillyed went to check on the others.

"Why couldn't it be rain?" The Redguard muttered, contemplating his reddening boots. "Blood is so hard to wash out."
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post May 10 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #129

Knower
Group Icon

"Right. Let us be careful then." And with a grunt, Cyldreen began to walk towards the general direction of the wagon. The condition of Falius was something indeed, particulary when seeing it in front of you. The healing skill of Aerona was not the greatest, but it was enough. He just hoped that she had enough energy for herself to keep up.

"I haven't seen anyone outside the Fort, if you don't count the corpses we left. Perhaps they thought twice about rushing headlong outside where their defender's murderers are?"

The Breton was careful in the matter of handling the elf. It will not simply do to have their objective die because of some human error. When the scout inside Cyldreen was sure they have passed a certain line of perspective for the Nord and Redguard, he turned his head.

He detected them and the wagon.

"Hey! We need some help, we got a mer down!"

OOC: Did not notice the group of enemy rushing out of the Fort until I checked posts earlier. Sorry, guys. My fault. I'll just side with what Jack said. Sorry, again.

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: May 10 2011, 11:44 AM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post May 10 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #130

Agent

OOC:Yeah, I remember people running to the door but never actually going out, and kinda forgot about them too. Waiting at the door seems like a good idea.

"There they are, damnit looks like they're in a spot of trouble" Gillyed murmured. Against his better judgement he dropped his shield and slung his warhammer through a loop in his belt. "Look after that, and try and get the wagon close to the road." he grunted at the Redguard as he began to walk, though it was more of a slide, down the slope to the others. He saw the Breton was managing the stretcher alright, but the Argonian seemed to be in a bit worse for wear. While not weak he knew the man hadn't gone through the rigorous training others in the group had.

"We're just over the rise, but it's quite slipper now thanks to this...weather" Gillyed grunted, he felt unduly tired, far more so than that earlier battle should have made him.
"If you want I can take the mer from here" he said to the Argonian "But either way one of us should steady him, incase one of the carriers slips in the mud."
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 14 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #131

Councilor
Group Icon

They made it to the Ayleid well and the wagon. Aerona stumbled towards the well, knowing that it would restore her magickal abilities. It did the job; a blue swirl of light surrounded her for a moment, and her next breath felt fuller.

The sickness was still present. She could feel it.

It has to be this rain. Mara, what could make blood fall from the sky?

"Lay him down in the wagon," she said. Even her voice sounded stronger now.

She went to the wagon and began rummaging through her rucksack. She found some ingredients; lavender sprigs and fly amanita caps. She crushed them with her mortar and pestle. It was a pasty mixture, the same that she'd used on Gillyed earlier. This time, though, she needed a potion. She put the paste into a vial of water, and mixed it by shaking it up.

She propped Falius' head up and poured it bit by bit down his throat, making sure each dose was small enough for him to swallow. When the potion was gone, she laid his head back down.

"The potion will take effect in a minute or two," she said, "I'll follow up with some spells as we go. I think it would be wise if we went back to the city now."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
grif11
post May 17 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #132

Finder
Group Icon

"Thanks for this." Falius said as the dunmer healed his wound. "I dont even know your name and you've saved my life."

"About the blood," He added. "I renember an old child's tale my Mother used to tell me:
Undorsil, Curse-bringer of Old,
Who possessed magic that all behold.

He came across a tattered book,
And he decided to take a look,
One curse managed to slip his lips,
And pain filled him of a hundred whips.

When he woke, he felt his lips,
And they had became tattered rips.
Many years past, and more curses spoken,
And Undorsil is now, all but broken."

Falius Paused, as a small fit of coughing took over him, but he quickly dove back, while he could still remember how his Mother would sing the tale:

"Undorsil now brings fear from far,
Causing disasters to make us scar.
Poison rivers and strokes of pain,
And worst of all, the cursed blood rain."

"Might just be a coincidence, but it does sound like it. We should go to the city anyway."

OOC:Dunno what brought this on, I was just in a poetry mood.

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 18 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #133

Master
Group Icon

Swift-like-Fish

When Gillyed had offered to take upon himself the task of carrying the Bosmer, Swift shook his head.
"The young one is hurt bad. Best to only put down and pick up as few times as possible. This one can carry him to the wagon with gleamfaced's help. Still, if you would be willing to support Falius' back, this one would be most grateful." He grunted. The young hunter was quite light, even moreso since the Argonian only had to lift half the mer's weight. The ground was slippery though, which forced them to be even more cautious when moving. The fisherman had infact opted to use his tail as a third leg to help balance and anchor himself as they moved up the slope.

Now he too was beginning to feel the first hints of exhaustion and he inadvertantly lowered the Bosmer by a few centimetres. He hoped it was only because of his actions. Swimming at top speed wasn't much of a problem for him, but doing it while dragging someone else with him, after sneaking and fighting through a fort was something else. He really hoped that was the cause of the weariness he felt. If it was the rain affecting him however, then it would be a bigger reason to fear the strange weather than its colour had been. Argonians like he were known to be almost immune to all known and unknown sicknesses, both mundane and magical. If the rain had gotten to him, then it would have gotten to everyone else four times as badly.

Finally they managed to safely lower Falius onto the wagon and Swift allowed himself a moment's rest. Only a moment however, as he agreed with Aerona's assessment that they should be leaving as soon as possible.
"This one thinks that returning to the great city is best as well. If only the dark one would safely make it out of the fort soon. This one will ready the horses and wagon. If the hunter of men has not yet returned by then..." He paused for a moment, thinking of what he'd just implied.
"We must decide whether to wait longer or leave." He finished.

While his companions busied themselves with their tasks, Swift focussed on the horses. He couldn't be sure, but to him the normally meek animals looked even more passive than usual. Could this also be part of the rain? Surely it was merely an unusual but still natural phenomena? The idea of the land being smothered in crimson poison from the skies was something he refused to believe. Something he refused, up till the moment the strengthened Falius began to mutter a folktale of some sort.
"Does the small hunter know more? Is it just a tale, or is there truth in those words? This Undorsil, is he myth, or real?" Swift asked. He'd switched out the horse in front of the wagon. On the way back, it would be best if the strongest of the two horses pulled the wagon, which meant the one who had only carried Cyldreen on the way to the fort. He didn't dare touch Aren's horse. The beast seemed to be quite different in temperament and talent from the other two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grif11
post May 19 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #134

Finder
Group Icon

"To be honest, I'm not sure," he replied to the Argonian. "I used to ask my Mother if he was real, and she said no. Still, would you tell children that a mage would make it rain blood and poison rivers?"

"before I forget, could I get my knife back? my bow as well if you will". Falius looked down at his broken curiuas and sighed."I'm guessing none of you are any good with an anvil?"

This post has been edited by grif11: May 19 2011, 08:43 PM

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:57 PM