7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help for faster roleplays, Ideas to reduce waiting times
Uleni Athram
post Jan 10 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #121

Master
Group Icon

Good idea there, Colonel. Lets start debating then.

OK. Lets start with the basics. First off, the setting. I'm quite fine wherever, but ultimately I'd prefer Skyrim or Cyrodiil. Its easy to visualize both, and we're all familiar with them. But like I said, I'm fine with wherever.

The timeline. Quite important, IMO. It dictates the surroundings and the political climate and whatnot. Would it be The Crisis or would it be Alduin's Reawakening? If we're going to go with the whole GM thing, I'm leaning towards the latter. Its easy for a GM to just spam the party with sudden dragons or... THE THALMOR! Dun dun duuuun! But those are just the encounters. We'd have to deal with ongoing political tension in the air too. That sort of thing.

Then... the plot. Weeeellll... I DO have quite a few unused RP plotlines stashed somewhere in my files, and I'll search for 'em later, but I can't guarantee anything epic.

My two cents. What about you guys? Any ideas?

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 10 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #122

Master
Group Icon

I'm not too bothered either way, but I'm leaning towards Cyrodiil myself, maybe in a post-Crisis setting; if we get more people on board then we've got a setting that they're more likely to be familiar with, and I'd just quite like to kick about Cyrodiil again in any case.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 10 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #123

Master
Group Icon

The last RP died, sadly. I saw it coming. I don't think I'll bring Draken/Vaultren around for this one. His guts were hated. But I would love to return with new characters depending on the timeline, though.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 10 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #124

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm pleased to hear we're talking a TES backdrop. I'd adore a post OB crisis Cyridiil, but am very flexible and willing to teleport Buffy across province borders and/or into different eras of TES history or future.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 11 2013, 04:50 AM
Post #125

Master
Group Icon

Ahh, Darkness. Glad to see you here. I implore you to bring Vaultren back. He's a magnificent b@stard.

OK, so popular demand .. demands Cyrodiil. That's cool. Makes things easier infact. I've been searching around, yeah, for the unused RP plots and I came around this gem (atleast for me). Its set in Cyrodiil and concerns the mystery of Sutch. Or rather, the disappearance of the city of Sutch. A bit AU-ish, since y'know, there is no city of Sutch but only ruins, but I've always been intrigued and humoured some ideas.

Another one is this, although its set in the Second Era and concerns the War of Righteousness and the dissolution of the Alessian Order. Admittedly, this is still in the works (mainly the timeline, since we don't know anything about the War) and I had ideas about making it a FanFic.

Yeah. My two plots. How about you guys? Any ideas?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 11 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #126

Master
Group Icon

A city being destroyed or simply disappearing could make for a very interesting premise for an RP, and that one's got my vote. Plus I'm thinking of a rogue-type character for this, and he'd probably work best in a primarily urban setting.

And DE is here too! Excellent, more folks!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 11 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #127

Paladin
Group Icon

Uleni, both scenarios sound good to me, but I'll join Mustard in leaning toward the Sutch one. And nice that DE may join us!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 11 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #128

Master
Group Icon

Oook. Didn't expect the Sutch plot to garner such votes! OK then, unless there'd be a sudden rush of new members and overrule the current voting, it'll be Sutch. You guys still wanna wait for members, or should I or somebody else make the RP sign-up thread? Oh, and we're still going with this GM thing, yes?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 11 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #129

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 11 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Oook. Didn't expect the Sutch plot to garner such votes! OK then, unless there'd be a sudden rush of new members and overrule the current voting, it'll be Sutch. You guys still wanna wait for members, or should I or somebody else make the RP sign-up thread? Oh, and we're still going with this GM thing, yes?

I reckon now would be a good time to start the sign-up/character/discussion thread. I'll go fire it up now, in fact.

Come to think of it, seeing as we're working out this setting, we may want to get at least an outline of what Sutch is going to be like if you have got one already, Uleni. The basic layout, who the count is, what important buildings/people there are there, any political situations there, that sort of thing.

And I'm assuming that the GM thing is still happening, yes.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:10 PM