Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shivering Isles RP-Planning thread, Let the madness commence!
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 17 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Howdy y'all! This here thread's the planning, discussion and character profile thread for the Shivering Isles RP we were discussing over in the Shadow Under Fort Sutch thread. We're still hammering out plot details and so forth, but we are currently recruiting so if there are any more people interested in participating just let me know.

Anyway, character sheet is below. Take it, my children! Take it and use it wisely!!

Name:
Nickname/Alias:
Religion/Favoured deity and church:
Alignment (Manic/Demented/other):
Psychological disorders (if applicable):

Major skills:
Minor skills:

Equipment:

Appearance:
Personality:
History:

Anything else you can think of, let me know and I'll add it in.

Edit: Also, at risk of sounding somewhat egotistical, I've done quite a bit of worldbuilding for the Shivering Isles, adding in fauna, religious beliefs, political figures and locations, and I was just wondering if the rest of you would be interested in including them in the RP.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Mar 17 2013, 06:53 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 17 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

WEEEEEEE!!! Gonna make a new character, ON THE FLY! let me know if I need to beef her up a bit, okay?

Name: Blanche LeRoi
Nickname/Alias: Cybele (LMFAO)
Race: Breton

Religion/Favoured deity and church: No affiliation herself, but her separate personalities favor Sithis and Dibella
Alignment (Manic/Demented/other): Demented
Psychological disorders (if applicable): Multiple Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia

Major skills: Telekinesis. She uses her telekinetic skills to do even the most mundane of things, like picking up a cup to drink out of or pulling the bedsheets over her. She has a small dagger in which she throws using her power. If backed into a corner, Blanche will use her power to pull at limbs and organs, killing her attacker from the inside. She would rather use her powers instead of having physical contact with another being.

Minor skills: Illusion. She can turn invisible for about five seconds, but prefers not to since it drains her magicka.

Equipment: Small silver dagger that she keeps strapped to her back, an enchanted brown dress that keeps her magicka boosted only slightly. An enchanted barrette that keeps her bangs out of her eyes, and provides a small rally spell for herself.

Appearance: About five foot two inches in height, with short, curly brown hair that gives off a tinge of red in the sunlight. Not that she ever goes outside. She's pale-skinned, thin, with a small nose and pink, small lips. Everything about her is small and unassuming. The only thing interesting looking about her is her bright-green eyes.

Personality: Mousy, quiet, even in her anger. She'll rarely lash out, and would have to be backed up into a corner to ever defend herself. She has two personalities separate from herself; Sylvia, a Nord barbarian female, and Tsabi, a female Khajiit kit of about 12.

Sylvia follows Dibella, while Tsabi follows Sithis.

History: Blanche grew up in Cyrodiil, in Chorrol, with a wealthy family. Her mother was a socialite and her father was a successful silk merchant, peddling his wares in every corner of Cyrodiil. When she was ten, she found her ability in Telekinesis surpassed any other children her age (You know, being ten and all. Other kids were kicking rocks and being kids. She was trying to make things float)

She honed her skill in secret, even though her being Breton meant it was expected of her to become skilled in magick. She hated the spotlight, and hated that her mother wanted to put her skills up for show to impress her friends. She claimed to have no ability in the area of magick.

She grew up with one brother, six years older than her, who, at the age of twenty, became one of the most successful horror writers in Cyrodill, Stefan LeRoi. Growing up in Stefan's shadow only made Blanche further retreat into her own world.

When she was fifteen, she was walking home at dusk when she was pulled into an alleyway by a group of men. She had no money, and when they went to take something else of hers, she panicked, using her telekinesis to rip the arm off of one of the men and beat him with it. She then slammed another against the wall so hard his head split,. The other men ran away. Since then, she hasn't gone outside much, almost never. Her father bought an inn and gave it to her older brother, who employed her so he could keep up with his writing.

Tsabi came to her first as an imaginary friend. Instead of outgrowing her, Blanche instead adopted her mannerisms, and taking on her personality. Tsabi will sometimes talk through Blanche, unbeknownst to her.

Sylvia came to Blanche after the attempted rape. Sylvia is not known to Blanche.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: Mar 18 2013, 04:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 17 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Looks alright to me, so far. Now I just need to work out my own character; I'm sorely tempted to use Almeria from Madgod at the minute...

Decisions, decisions...
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 17 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 17 2013, 07:31 PM) *

Looks alright to me, so far. Now I just need to work out my own character; I'm sorely tempted to use Almeria from Madgod at the minute...

Decisions, decisions...

Carnius.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 17 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 17 2013, 07:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 17 2013, 07:31 PM) *

Decisions, decisions...

Carnius.

I dunno. I like Carnius, but playing a drug-addicted zealot cannibal sems like more fun.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 17 2013, 11:59 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Name: Xander Vexus Vinipter[/url](lore-friendly name).

Nickname/Alias: Keeper of the Dead. Former High Priest of Dementia. Former adviser of Lady Syl. Cult leader of Vaermina and Namira.

Race: Imperial.

Religion/Favoured deity and church: Namira and Vaermina.

Alignment (Manic/Demented/other): Dementia.

Psychological disorders (if applicable): Misogyny and excessive necrophilia.

Major skills: Xander could telekinetically move objects with mere gestures. His strength and agility were beyond the natural. As a master Daedric-worshiping sorcerer, Xander held a knowledge of necromantic spells that could resurrect the dead if the circumstances were right. He was also able to summon and conjure up the dead from the Soul Cairn in order for them to do his bidding.

Living in Hammerfell for quite some time, and having access to the most highest of martial education, Xander was proficient in hand-to-hand and could use the ancient weapons of the day.

At times, Xanders abilities are weak, and were nourished could only be nourished by killing and assimilating the organs and fluids of the living in a life-sucking drain spell . . .or by sleeping with the dead.

Equipment: To be written.

Appearance: Xander is a tall and muscled bald man, considered very handsome, wearing long dark and red robes embroidered with art of scarabs and scimitars. In times of relaxation he wore dark tunic at his waist to match. Xander had with him leather wristbands and a necklace. He wears a red outfit that comes in straps and covered his entire body, leaving some of his skin exposed.

When he has not devoured the flesh of the living or the recently slain, Xander becomes a walking corpse. Smelling of rot, death and decay, and suffers from deteriorating skin. His eye sockets become dead and empty, his face skeletal and his entire body zombified.

Personality: To be Written.

History:

*Needs Improvement*

In the Shivering Isles, not much is known about Xander other than he was born to Imperials and orphaned in his teenage years and parented by adoptive Redguard parents when he accompanied his father into a diplomatic journey into the arid province in Tamriel. All that has been rumored is that he had been once a High Priest of Namira and Vaermina in his adult life when living in Hammerfell in the Second Era but had also had other important positions such as being advisor and close friend to a local warlord and nobleman living in a palace and an architect too. He devised the means of building many buildings in the Redguard province. Xander had once designed and overseen the construction of the temple of Namira, Lady of Decay, years before his fate.

As a high figure in the palace, Xander was raised under Forebear customs and accepted into foreign society. He was known to be trusting, loyal and a hard-worker, and became friends with the palaces ruler. He was afflicted with a seemingly incurable flesh-eating disease, but went to great lengths to keep this hidden from the public as he feared to be ostracized.

Xander, though near to his death, harbored one of the most destructive traits in a man. Lust and greed. He became desperate for love, and when he came across it, he found the only woman whom he was not given permission to touch.

Xander fell in love with the lords mistress and concubine, and secretly formed a relationship together. They periodically met with each other in the night when the lord was entertaining himself in parties or working in local political meetings.

The concubines friend discovered about their forbidden love, and betrayed her by telling the lord. The lord was irritated and betrayed, but prideful enough not to reveal his wifes treachery to the public and knowing he could not fault Xander unless there was evidence of the act.

The lord waited patiently until the day he could catch his mistress in the act. The day soon came and he caught the two lovers together, and ordered his men to execute her for marital unfaithfulness and to imprison Xander and condemn him to torture.

Xander succumbed to his fear and fled the scene and the city, promising his love that he would return. He fled the city and escaped deep into the desert and into the forgotten crypts beneath the sands where he made his refuge with his own priests and cultists. Knowing the Aedra could not help him, he succumbed more into Daedric worship. He made a covenant with Vaermina and Namira.

That if he was given power to cure his illness, and if he could become somehow immortal, he would give them the number of souls they desired and would worship them as long as he lived. The Daedra agreed.

Thanks to Namira, Xander would stave off his malevolent condition by feasting on the flesh of others to preserve his flesh from decaying. If he did not consume the flesh of another, his skin would peel and he would appear skeletal and zombified. An undead for all eternity. Xander did not see the error of his pact. Every night he would drown in his nightmares. He would rise a walking disease, a plague among mortal kind. An unholy flesh-devourer with the strength and wisdom of ages.

Xander returned to the city of Sentinel and broke into his lovers crypt, where he stole her corpse and returned to the temple of Namira to rouse her body from the dead. Unbeknown to him, he was followed by the lords witch hunters., Before he could fully resurrect her, he was caught and imprisoned, along with his priests.

Xander was tortured and disemboweled alive, and had his tongue cut out in a public execution. Xander was hanged, and buried without honor away from the city.

That very night, he rose from the grave, flesh decayed and skin-rotten, and exacted his vengeance against the lord of Sentinel. Knowing his way around the palace, Xander slipped undetected into his chamber and devoured him. He stole back the mummified corpse from the crypt and fled into the desert.

Nothing is known about Xander or how he got into the Shivering Isles. Some say he lost his soul to Sheogorath for his ever growing madness, some say he accidentally ventured into the Shivering Isles when attempting to visit another Daedric realm. Some say he died in Tamriel, and he now lives for eternity in Dementia as a priest. What is known is that his curse remained even in Sheogorath's domain . . .which drives the man further into unending growth of demented madness.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Mar 18 2013, 12:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 18 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

So many cannibals here....

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 18 2013, 01:45 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Wow, what the hell. I just saw that Colonel mentioned his guy is a cannibal.

/sigh.

How many cannibals? Three? We'd have to tweak some things then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 18 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Let the cannibals linger. It will be much fun to guess who will devour who in the end. *evil laugh*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 18 2013, 02:01 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I.'m going to revamp Blanche. She don't stand a chance

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 18 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 18 2013, 02:01 AM) *

Oh noe! I can see it now! She's gonna be a Succubus!

NO!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 18 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 17 2013, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Mar 18 2013, 02:01 AM) *

Oh noe! I can see it now! She's gonna be a Succubus!

NO!!

No... Lmfao. I'll probably take away the anxiety and just make her antisocial. Or rude. Idk. Probably give her some conjuration skills. Maybe make her an arsonist. Dunno. I kind of thought we were going for ''Wanna buy a stick" crazy, not... Batpoop insane, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 18 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

So anti-social like the teen-wolf, Westley?

This is the Shivering Isles we're talking about, though. Have you seen what demented people can do in real life? Multiply that by a thousand! Of course, the whole "wanna stick mister," is completely attributed to Mania. But Dementia is a whole different story. There's two sides of madness, I'm sure you know this. You can go for a maniac type of crazy. It's actually up to you smile.gif

I just hope we have a serious RP here. Personally, I'm usually in a serious mood when writing stories so I sort of figured this would be a more mature take to the roleplaying. A complete opposite of Fort Sutch and all those . . .shananigans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 18 2013, 02:44 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Personally, I don't find anything... weak about her. Sure, she might not be as vicious as the other three, but of she can rip off limbs using telekinesis, then she can more than handle herself!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 18 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I can't promise that I will be in for this one. I have too much stuff on my plate and have to worry about the fics I got, as well as real life stuff. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 18 2013, 03:27 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Mar 17 2013, 08:44 PM) *

Personally, I don't find anything... weak about her. Sure, she might not be as vicious as the other three, but of she can rip off limbs using telekinesis, then she can more than handle herself!

Really? Alright. I was looking at the others and going... Crap, she's getting eaten, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 18 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Actually, I've thought of a different character; otherwise it'll be too many cannibals in the RP, I think. Instead, Ive just gone with an axe-crazy Nord who hears voices in her head.

Name: Eira Talosdttir
Nickname/Alias: None
Race: Nord

Religion/Favoured deity and church: Talos
Alignment: Manic
Psychological disorders: Hears a voice in her head which she believes to be that of the hero-god Talos

Major skills: Axe-fighting, drinking, brawling, tracking,
Minor skills: Reasonable knowledge of the Chuch of Talos teachings, survival/travel skills, marksmanship

Equipment: A chainmail hauberk with a steel breastplate, a winged helmet enchanted to increase her speed and stamina, a pair of finely made steel handaxes, a crossbow

Appearance: Tall, brawny and muscular, with the blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes atypical of Skyrims people, her features are harsh and hardened by a life spent fighting.
Personality: Boisterous, brash, passionate and at times aggressive, Eira is a loud and larger-than-life individual, usually of a good nature but quick to anger and bouts of extreme violence at the slightest provocation.
History: Born in Solitude to Nord parents, Eira talked of having a voice speak to her from a young age. It was initially dismissed as nothing more than an imaginary friend, but as she grew older Eiras parents attempts to persuade her that the voice, which she believed belonged to none other than Ysmir himself, was fiction were steadfastly rebuffed. By the time she was twelve, they had accepted that it was just a strange quirk of their otherwise functional daughter and simply got on with things, but one day not long after her twelfth birthday she attacked another child with such violence that it took two city watchmen to force her from him and left the boy in a coma that lasted for nearly two months.

When asked why, she insisted that Talos had told her to do it; appalled by what happened, the authorities decided to have her sent to the Lord Julianos Home for the Mentally Unwell, a sanitorium just a few miles from Solitude. Angry and vengeful about what she perceived to be her wrongful confinement, Eira managed to quickly make her escape by seizing a woodcutting hatchet, surprising and killing one of the guards, stealing the keys he had and fleeing into Skyrims wilderness.

She is unsure exactly how she made it to the Isles from there, but even though she was young she quickly found her capacity for raw violence caught the eye of an Argonian bounty hunter named Yeerum-Zay. He taught her how to fight and the craft of hunting bounties, with Eira serving as something between an apprentice and a daughter, and after he passed away she continued following the craft. On occasion, she will go on some task allotted to her by Talos, and she lives her life convinced that she has a higher calling which she simply has yet to be told of by her god.
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 23 2013, 02:38 AM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I used to RP alot....but that was quite some time ago.I'd like to do it again..but I'm unsure about how it's changed since the old days...It's pretty much you RP with yourself, writing looooong posts...I wonder how that is working out?

In the old days we did fast RPs...we could interact more than 10-15 pages just in an hour or so, quick conversations and so on. The plot evolved as we played..Of course we had planning threads so all would be informed

Now for this RP do we have an embryo of a plot already? Do we know which characters we need? Is there any kind of room for improvisations?

Do we have use for a mage and healer, who is pretty handy with most blades...long blades, is strong, and pretty good looking

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
PhoenixGamer
post Mar 23 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #19

Retainer

Name: Sabino Ceno
Nickname/Alias:
Race: Imperial

Religion/Favoured deity and church: He prays to the dragon god of Akatosh
Alignment (Manic/Demented/other): Maniac
Psychological disorders (if applicable): When alone he is kinda paranoid.

Major skills: Blade, Armorer, Heavy Armour, Acrobatics, Athletics, Sneak, Marksman
Minor skills: Destruction, Conjuration, Speechcraft, Illusion

Equipment: Dwarven Chestplate with Fortify Blade, Dwarven Helmet with Fortify Marksman, Dwarven Leggings with Fortify Athletics, Dwarven Boots with Fortify Sneak (NOTE: the reason for the fortifying of his major skills are because, on Solstheim he had to hunt down his own food, and used enchantments for this), Dwarven Shield with Fortify Block, Dwarven Longsword of Shocking. Azuras Star.

Appearance: Normal height, Brown eyes, Black hair, Strong arms and feet.
Personality: Because of his history with the imperial army, he tends to be respectful but his w\quick to share his meanings if he means a plan is flawed.
History: He was born in Cheydinhall, but was bullied because of his short height. When he turned 20, he joined the Imperial Army. After eight years of service, he accidentally killed a civilian and was re-positioned to Solstheim. There he got lost from the rest of the team he was there with, and had to set up his own camp. Luckily he found an abandoned fort and set up camp there. While he was there he had to hunt down different animals to get food. One time he was gravely injured by a group of bandits and left for dead. A traveler found him and nursed him back to consciousness. When he came back to Cyrodiil he was rewarded for staying strong through this experience. When he turned 30, he was informed that his grandfather was dying. When he reached Anvil, where his grandfather lived, he was told to go upstairs and open the chest in the left corner when he entered the first room on his right. When he opened the chest, he found a star shaped object. He ran down and asked his grandfather what it was, he was then told that it was Azuras Star, a reusable grand soul gem. After saying that his grandfather past away. After this he went out to travel again, and one morning he found himself in a place that he had never seen before.

--------------------
Knowledge is Power

IPB Image
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Mar 25 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm might want to join this RP.....the question is what will it be about though?

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:10 AM