Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lothran the Nordic Dunmer, A recap
mirocu
post Oct 13 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hello and welcome! smile.gif

First of all I would like to point out that this is not a fanfic in any traditional sense. I merely write this down for myself as a reminder of what Lothran and I have been through. I'm not detailing too much or adding dialogue.
If anyone would like to comment here that's very much ok, I welcome it. Though again this is mostly for myself and obviously Lothran, who I feel deserves some recognition other than in the Update thread. So, without further ado...

-------------------------------------------

Lothran in prison (at the very start of our journey)
First look
Current look

Lothran's wiki page

When Lothran and I first met in February 2007, he rigorously followed quest after quest and did very little of the free exploration and collecting he's been doing for the last few years. But he was happy, we both were. By doing them we learned how Cyrodiil worked and we got to know many people through those quests. Seeking Your Roots was one of the very first quests we got after having picked up a Nirnroot though oddly enough, Sinderion was one of the last people we got to know. So many other things got in the way, like Unfriendly Competition, Imperial Corruption and the Arena questline. We had so much to see, so much to do and so many people to talk to and at times it felt overwhelming, but in a good way.
In the beginning Lothran felt so weak that at one point he booked a room at The Foaming Flask and focused on summoning a skeleton to fight so he could get some practice. It was intense but quite fun, and at one of those training sessions Audens Avidius comes barging in with a dagger. Needless to say he didn't last long. After all, Lothran was already in full combat gear with sword in hand. Audens was just another sparring partner.

It was a very, very interesting time for both of us and I can sometimes miss that. But it's all in the initial experience, it can never be duplicated 100% by creating a new character and I don't intend to either. It happened then and there and I am happy with those memories. By re-living them I think they would be tainted and I don't want that. I prefer to just move on.

Now years later, Lothran never goes on official quests anymore. He makes up his own though, like collecting one shield and cuirass of every town, and he may do the occasional follow-up on an old quest, but other than that the official quests are all long gone. He hasn't got the time for them anyway. He has so many places and people to re-visit and we cannot forget his duties up in Bruma. Neither of us can imagine a winter coming and going without him being there. It's his home, plain and simple. And he takes great pride in being one of the guards protecting Bruma even if times are calm and no real threat is around. He still wants to help out once in awhile by pulling graveyard shifts by the North gate which usually only has one guard.

And when spring comes he can't wait to go down to Chorrol. This is a tradition from 2009 (roughly) and at times when I've had him go to the Imperial City to offload first he's murmured, and I could tell it was not what he wanted. So Chorrol it is, you can't change what works and who am I to disregard my own character's wishes?
Lothran usually visits western Cyrodiil before mid-summer and the eastern parts after that. Again, at times I have tried to make him do the opposite but it has felt so wrong to be in Cheydinhal in May instead of Skingrad and Anvil. But it's all good, it all feels new and fresh when we get to those places (provided we do it at the right time) and it doesn't get boring. As I write this we're of course planning for Bruma once again and I am sure it'll feel as good as ever once we get there in late November.

Lothran the Nordic Dunmer's story is far from over!

This post has been edited by mirocu: Oct 6 2016, 01:11 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(120 - 123)
Acadian
post Jun 5 2023, 11:58 PM
Post #121

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy has fond memories indeed of the times she has spent with Lothran. She vividly remembers the magic of snowflakes dancing in his hair in Bruma. And time spent on the beach and hunting in Anvil.

Aside from Lothran, Buffy's friends in 3rd Era Cyrodiil include numerous residents of Bravil, many members of the Mages Guild and, certainly, Sir Mazoga. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 6 2023, 09:07 AM
Post #122

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 5 2023, 11:58 PM) *

Kahreem and Lady Saga did not make the list? kvright.gif Well I guess they weren't really 'friends' in the sense that Buffy is.

Well, since they have never 'met' in the sense as he and Buffy has, it's hard to make friends. Meeting and getting to know the person is pretty much a prerequisite for that, I think smile.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 6 2023, 12:58 AM) *

Buffy has fond memories indeed of the times she has spent with Lothran. She vividly remembers the magic of snowflakes dancing in his hair in Bruma. And time spent on the beach and hunting in Anvil.

The days in Bruma and Anvil with Buffy are still clear in Lothran's memory, and mine. Especially Anvil now that Lothran is there again.

Regarding Mazoga, she seems to have gone missing in Lothran's world huh.gif

Thanks both for reading!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
macole
post Jun 6 2023, 04:08 PM
Post #123

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 6 2023, 03:07 AM) *

The days in Bruma and Anvil with Buffy are still clear in Lothran's memory, and mine. Especially Anvil now that Lothran is there again.

Regarding Mazoga, she seems to have gone missing in Lothran's world huh.gif

We’ve heard of the famed white-haired Dunmer but as you said it is hard to make friends when one is patrolling the roads of Cyrodiil and the other spends the majority of his time deep in lost Ayleid ruins hunting for vampires and ancient artifacts.

Sorry to hear about Mazoga. She is still active in my world.

How did you manage have Lothran and Buffy spend the time together?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 6 2023, 07:49 PM
Post #124

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jun 6 2023, 05:08 PM) *

How did you manage have Lothran and Buffy spend the time together?

That was played out via PM's between me an Acadian. Sort of like what happens in a RP thread but privately.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 11:52 PM