Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ely's Silent Voice DLL issues
Lena Wolf
post Sep 9 2021, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Hi, I imagine a lot of you are using Ely's Silent Voice mod for Oblivion. It comes as a DLL, there is no ESP - or at least this was the version I downloaded from Nexus two days ago. The problem is, it crashes Oblivion... sad.gif Well, my Oblivion, obviously, but I also tried without any of the other mods. Oblivion crashes on wait, but also randomly after you've played it for about 3 in-game hours... which is not very extensive, to put it mildly.

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this? I suspect it has to do with Windows security, rather than with any bugs in the mod itself. I have Windows 10 which is constantly updating (as they do), and I run GOG Oblivion with OBSE, but I don't run it as administrator because that doesn't work with with my Xbox360 controller.

Does anyone know if administrator rights are required to run Ely's Silent Voice? I have other OBSE plugins in DLL form, and they don't cause crashes.

Any pointers would be appreciated! Alternatively, is there Ely's Silent Voice as an ESP? That might solve the problem.

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lena Wolf
post Sep 16 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Another update. I found a mod that makes you press a button after every line of dialogue: Dialogue Click to Continue (OBSE). I haven't tested it myself because I don't need it, but it could be a viable option to use instead of Ely's Silent Voice.

I just thought I'd put it here for the record. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:23 AM