Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vampire: The Masquerade Games, Warning - Spoilers Ahead!
SubRosa
post May 26 2019, 10:04 PM
Post #261

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 03:44 PM) *

I also found out that the laptop in your haven only displays the first 10 emails, even if you have more. You have to either delete some to see more, or to to the 10th and keep pressing N to see the next emails. I missed a ton of them because of that. I thought no one was emailing me anymore! ohmy.gif

Lol, ooo like these creepy “From: A Friend” emails! laugh.gif

I am just now reading in one of the walkthroughs that you should not delete any emails, as it might cause the game to crash.

Of course I deleted a bunch of emails...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 12:29 AM
Post #262

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 04:04 PM) *

I also found out that the laptop in your haven only displays the first 10 emails, even if you have more. You have to either delete some to see more, or to to the 10th and keep pressing N to see the next emails. I missed a ton of them because of that. I thought no one was emailing me anymore! ohmy.gif

I am just now reading in one of the walkthroughs that you should not delete any emails, as it might cause the game to crash.

Maybe the unofficial patch fixed this?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 12:32 AM
Post #263

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 26 2019, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 04:04 PM) *

Maybe the unofficial patch fixed this?

Maybe. I am going to just roll with it and see what happens. It is easier to see new emails if I delete the old ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 01:27 AM
Post #264

Ancient
Group Icon

I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required. But I found a console command to get it:

G.Regent_Family=3

That moves you in. Apparently it works even if you are not a Tremere!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 03:07 AM
Post #265

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 26 2019, 07:27 PM) *

I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required. But I found a console command to get it:

G.Regent_Family=3

That moves you in. Apparently it works even if you are not a Tremere!

Khajiit got the Chantry haven during his Tremere play through years and years ago. Of course, that was on the cd version of the game and didn’t have the unofficial patch.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 03:00 PM
Post #266

Ancient
Group Icon

In order to avoid spoilers, this one is taking a break from Brigitte’s game until Subbie finishes her current play through. She is almost at the end game, and she should experience it without knowing what’s next!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 27 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #267

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 02:27 AM) *

I have not been able to get the haven in the Tremere Chantry Downtown, in spite of being a Tremere, being nice to Strauss, and doing the two quests required.

Hmm. Been years since I played as Tremere, but I remember getting access to it very late in the game. And I did his stuff too. Maybe you need to get stronger or just advance the MQ enough?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #268

Ancient
Group Icon

I think the problem might be the Plague bearer quest. Both Strauss and Damsel give it to you. Apparently if you talk to Damsel about it first, you cannot get the Chantry haven. That might be what happened to me. I don't remember anymore.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #269

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 27 2019, 10:00 AM) *

In order to avoid spoilers, this one is taking a break from Brigitte’s game until Subbie finishes her current play through. She is almost at the end game, and she should experience it without knowing what’s next!

Hopefully I can finish it today.

I am now on the way to Griffith Park to see Nines. I keep hearing a wolf howling. I don't think it is a gangrel either. I saw something about a werewolf in the Hollywood Ghost tv show guy's computer. So I expect I will be meeting tall, dark, and furry there...

After talking to Lacroix I get the distinct impression that he is going to have me tailed to find Nines, and then try to kill us both. We are the final loose ends he needs to tie up to hide his alliance with the Chinese. It is what I would do. So if I had the opportunity, I would be making an alliance with Nines and Strauss right now to kill Lacroix. Too bad the game won't seem to let me. This whole time I have been playing the loyal soldier, looking for the chance to betray Lacroix and kill him. This would seem to be the time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 09:31 PM
Post #270

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, I beat the game like a red-haired stepchild. It really dragged on too much at the end. I just wanted to get it over with, so I started using the notarget console command to skip fighting the hordes of minions at Ming-Xiao's. And that battle with the sheriff bat on the roof, that just took forever.

At least the final confrontation with Lacroix was streamlined. Instead of fighting him, it was resolved with just some dialogue choices.

I went the Indie route with Hecate, and gave Lacroix the key. Beckett had been very clear about not opening the sacrophagus, and I believed him - whether it was Gehenna or not. Lacroix was so obsessed with it, that I figured either way, it would destroy him in a most poetic fashion. I am a little disappointed that it was not supernatural. But I did laugh along with Lacroix all the while.

I really liked the writing in this. Though I wish they had given you more options on how to act. Such as giving you the option of preemptively betraying Lacroix near the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 10:12 PM
Post #271

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Well, I beat the game like a red-haired stepchild. It really dragged on too much at the end. I just wanted to get it over with, so I started using the notarget console command to skip fighting the hordes of minions at Ming-Xiao's. And that battle with the sheriff bat on the roof, that just took forever.

At least the final confrontation with Lacroix was streamlined. Instead of fighting him, it was resolved with just some dialogue choices.

I went the Indie route with Hecate, and gave Lacroix the key. Beckett had been very clear about not opening the sacrophagus, and I believed him - whether it was Gehenna or not. Lacroix was so obsessed with it, that I figured either way, I would destroy him in a most poetic fashion. I am a little disappointed that it was not supernatural. But I did laugh along with Lacroix all the while.

I really liked the writing in this. Though I wish they had given you more options on how to act. Such as giving you the option of preemptively betraying Lacroix near the end.

Well that’s one reason it was so funny! Everyone was so concerned with the supernatural and turned out to be something so mundane!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 10:17 PM
Post #272

Ancient
Group Icon

One thing that has been really weird this entire time is how everyone in the game pronounces Lacroix's name. They all say La-croy. But after Forever Knight, I am used to La-Cwa.

But Lacroix from Forever Knight would have never been so reckless as his namesake in the game. Certainly not so obsessed over the sarcophagus. He was always a skeptic when it came to magic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #273

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2019, 04:17 PM) *

One thing that has been really weird this entire time is how everyone in the game pronounces Lacroix's name. They all say La-croy. But after Forever Knight, I am used to La-Cwa.

But Lacroix from Forever Knight would have never been so reckless as his namesake in the game. Certainly not so obsessed over the sarcophagus. He was always a skeptic when it came to magic.

Khajiit has heard it both ways in real life. This one believes the “la-Cwa” pronunciation is probably the true French pronunciation and that the “La-Cory” pronunciation is just an English bastardization.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #274

Ancient
Group Icon

I did finish the game without any crashes from the deleted emails. So that is a plus. I guess that is safe to do.

And a slew of pics from the end game.

Here is that mysterious vampire I was seeing spying on me

Lopov

Sharkboy!

O-Gami!

He looks hungry

Time for a katana sandwich!

The usual suspects

Lopov again

Blood Boil at work

Pop!

Werewolf: The Apocalypse

In the end, there can be only one...

Making a donation

Gateway

Ming-Xiao Cthulhu!

Last woman standing

Walk on

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #275

Ancient
Group Icon

Woohoo!! You finished and got us some nice pics to boot! goodjob.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 28 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #276

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Congrats on finishing the game! goodjob.gif

Btw, in my first ending I decided to open the box myself. I wanted to see what was inside it tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 28 2019, 04:53 PM
Post #277

Master
Group Icon

Congrats on finishing the game!

Did you like it?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2019, 09:04 PM
Post #278

Ancient
Group Icon

I enjoyed it immensely. Partly just for nostalgia. I played VtM and Werewolf back in the 90s, when they were tabletop rpgs. This was a fun walk down memory lane. But even that aside, it was a good game. The voice acting is superb. The writing is really well done. It has neat little easter eggs like Lacroix and Jeanette (who were vampires in the Forever Knight tv show). It makes me want to play more. I am really looking forward to the new game coming out next year.

Now I want to look into modding to see if I can change the durations of powers like Fortitude and Presence. Because I will never think to keep activating them in combat. I would like to make them act like Blood Shield does, which you turn on once and remain indefinitely active, until you manually turn it off.

It took some digging but I figured out how:

To change the duration of Disciplines open the Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines\Unofficial Patch\Vdata\System\Stats.txt file.

Go down toward the bottom after the section called ActiveDisciplines and you will find that each Discipline has another set of entries there, with text like this:

Durations
{
"Initial_1" "40"
"Add_1" "0"

"Initial_2" "40"
"Add_2" "0"

"Initial_3" "40"
"Add_3" "0"

"Initial_4" "40"
"Add_4" "0"

"Initial_5" "40"
"Add_5" "0"

Change the "40" to the duration you want. I changed it to 9999 to the ones I want to be essentially indefinite, Like Fortitude. You can still turn them off with F8.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 29 2019, 04:11 PM
Post #279

Ancient
Group Icon

Clan Malkavian confirmed for Bloodlines2.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 29 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #280

Ancient
Group Icon

That is another obvious one. I am sure all the clans in Bloodlines 1 will be in the sequel. It wouldn't be VtM without them. Hopefully along with the Thin-Bloods, they will have some of the other interesting ones, like the Assamites, or Sets, or Tzimscie or Ravnos too.

If they really want to be clever, they can just do the standard clans in the original game, and then release new clans as dlc later. They could milk that for a dozen mini-dlcs right there. That's what the Total War games do now with releasing new playable factions.

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:53 PM