9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kotor, The Knights of the Old Repulic 1 & 2 topic
SubRosa
post Aug 20 2020, 12:07 AM
Post #141

Ancient
Group Icon

I found a good red haired player head here.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #142

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 19 2020, 06:07 PM) *

Ooo I like it!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Crimson Paladin
post Aug 26 2020, 07:24 AM
Post #143

Retainer

I always mod the games so some of the armor has the "disguise" effect so I can appear as a helmeted Mandalorian or Sith Trooper instead of those dopey metallic form-fitting armors. It breaks a few small things in the game like changing in and out of enviro-suits and anything that requires the game have access to your character's face, but those minor inconveniences are worth it to me.

--------------------
The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it;
the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it.
When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee,
beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate,
but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.
-The Hammer Book of Tenets
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 26 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #144

Ancient
Group Icon

I created January for Kotor 1 a while ago, using the PFHC01 head as a base, mainly because it has a ponytail. I have not been able to port it over to Kotor 2 until now. I just found Effixian's K1 to K2 Heads. It ports over two of the Kotor 1 heads to Kotor 2, including the one I was using. So I replaced its textures with my January textures, and now I have Jan in both games.

I just have to get around to actually playing them...

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 30 2020, 01:44 AM
Post #145

Ancient
Group Icon

I started playing some Kotor. I also wanted to experiment, so I created a Scoundrel with the intent to go Guardian later, with a twin sword/saber + Flurry idea. I saw some builds online for doing that, so it looked like it would work. Especially with using the Guardian's force jump to instantly engage and make a sneak attack. It worked a lot better than I expected in the tutorial. But I did not go beyond the start of Taris.

Then I started a game with January as a Scout, with the plan to go to Guardian later. I did not do her as the Scoundrel, because that is just not her. I got to Taris, and the game froze when trying to take the elevator to the Undercity. No matter how many reloads, I locked up there.

After trying a bunch of suggested fixes for crashes in the Undercity (like turning off Grass and Frame Buffer Effects), I eventually bit the bullet and just reinstalled the game. It worked! I was able to get into the Undercity.

But then I could not get it to work in Widescreen. I tried using the KotOR High Resolution Menus 1.4. mod that I was using before, but it either would not take. Or I would start to a bunch of blank menus. After a few hours of banging my head against a brick wall, I did come upon one method that it working, so far.

I download the latest version of Flawless Widescreen here. I used the x86 version. Run that and select the Kotor 1 profile. Then start Kotor 1, go to the graphics options, and 1920 x 1080 will be there for you to change to.

You only have to change the graphics options once. But you do have to start Flawless Widescreen every time, before you start Kotor. It is a bit more convenient than the old way of using Flawless Widescreen however.

So now I just have to reinstall all my mods, especially the one for January's head. Then hopefully I can get back to playing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 30 2020, 04:01 AM
Post #146

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 29 2020, 07:44 PM) *

I started playing some Kotor. I also wanted to experiment, so I created a Scoundrel with the intent to go Guardian later, with a twin sword/saber + Flurry idea. I saw some builds online for doing that, so it looked like it would work. Especially with using the Guardian's force jump to instantly engage and make a sneak attack. It worked a lot better than I expected in the tutorial. But I did not go beyond the start of Taris.

Then I started a game with January as a Scout, with the plan to go to Guardian later. I did not do her as the Scoundrel, because that is just not her. I got to Taris, and the game froze when trying to take the elevator to the Undercity. No matter how many reloads, I locked up there.

After trying a bunch of suggested fixes for crashes in the Undercity (like turning off Grass and Frame Buffer Effects), I eventually bit the bullet and just reinstalled the game. It worked! I was able to get into the Undercity.

But then I could not get it to work in Widescreen. I tried using the KotOR High Resolution Menus 1.4. mod that I was using before, but it either would not take. Or I would start to a bunch of blank menus. After a few hours of banging my head against a brick wall, I did come upon one method that it working, so far.

I download the latest version of Flawless Widescreen here. I used the x86 version. Run that and select the Kotor 1 profile. Then start Kotor 1, go to the graphics options, and 1920 x 1080 will be there for you to change to.

You only have to change the graphics options once. But you do have to start Flawless Widescreen every time, before you start Kotor. It is a bit more convenient than the old way of using Flawless Widescreen however.

So now I just have to reinstall all my mods, especially the one for January's head. Then hopefully I can get back to playing.

Yeah, if you recall, I had a heck of a time getting these games to work in widescreen. I’m currently using the Universal Widescreen method and it was working fine last I checked.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 2 2020, 02:27 AM
Post #147

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok, I found how to take screenshots without the hud.

Go to your Kotor folder and open the swkotor.ini file.

Find the
[Game Options]

If they are not here, add the following to lines, or if they are there, change them like so:
GUIsInScreenShot=0
EnableScreenShot=1

Using PrintScreen will put a screen shot in your Kotor folder, without the game hud.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 9 2020, 08:19 AM
Post #148

Ancient
Group Icon

Big dog

He ate something that disagreed with him

January

Time for some navigatin'

Man the guns!

Ship board again

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 10 2020, 10:08 PM
Post #149

Paladin
Group Icon

So are there deathclaws in KOTOR? They really get around. Looks like Jan's up to some universe saving!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 11 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #150

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 10 2020, 03:08 PM) *

So are there deathclaws in KOTOR? They really get around. Looks like Jan's up to some universe saving!

*Adjusts glasses* Ahem... actually that is a Rancor, not a Deathclaw. tongue.gif

So Subbie, how are you playing January in KotOR? Is she, in fact, ? Or is everybody else deluded and she is just January and having strange dreams?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 11 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #151

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 11 2020, 11:05 AM) *

*Adjusts glasses* Ahem... actually that is a Rancor, not a Deathclaw. tongue.gif

So what you are saying is that it is a Deathclaw... wink.gif

So Subbie, how are you playing January in KotOR? Is she, in fact, ? Or is everybody else deluded and she is just January and having strange dreams?

I don't think January is really sure herself. I have an idea that maybe in the distant future of the Stormcrow Fiction - maybe Season 3 or 4 - January will use the sanctum in the Witch House to accidentally go on a romp across time and alternate universes. Some of those places will include the fiction that she writes. Some will be real places (I can definitely see her having a Viking adventure in the 800s or 900s). When it is all over, she will be left wondering if any of it was real, or if she imagined it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 12 2020, 01:46 AM
Post #152

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 11 2020, 11:55 AM) *

Precisely! Wait... unsure.gif

I don't think January is really sure herself. I have an idea that maybe in the distant future of the Stormcrow Fiction - maybe Season 3 or 4 - January will use the sanctum in the Witch House to accidentally go on a romp across time and alternate universes. Some of those places will include the fiction that she writes. Some will be real places (I can definitely see her having a Viking adventure in the 800s or 900s). When it is all over, she will be left wondering if any of it was real, or if she imagined it all.

Interesting! That last bit sounds a little like Sucker Punch, minus the horrific abuse and mental illness.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 12 2020, 03:55 AM
Post #153

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 11 2020, 07:46 PM) *

Interesting! That last bit sounds a little like Sucker Punch, minus the horrific abuse and mental illness.

One of my favorite Magnum PI episodes was one were Magnum has this weird dream where he goes back in time. He is working on a case that is connected to the one he is on in the waking world, and all his friends are back in time as well. He cracks the case in the dream, but gets killed. He wakes up, goes to the place his dream self died, and finds the evidence that he hid there in the dream. With it he cracks the case in reality. Then at the end when he is sure it was all just a dream after all, he finds an old Tigers hat from the 30s in his car (he had been wearing it in his dream).

So I would like to do something like that someday, where maybe it really happened, maybe it did not, and maybe the experience itself is all that really matters in the end. She would get a lot of experience points doing it after all. I could see her learning things like sword fighting, and even just general outdoor survival camping stuff, and still know it all when she comes back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 12 2020, 04:19 AM
Post #154

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 11 2020, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 11 2020, 07:46 PM) *

One of my favorite Magnum PI episodes was one were Magnum has this weird dream where he goes back in time. He is working on a case that is connected to the one he is on in the waking world, and all his friends are back in time as well. He cracks the case in the dream, but gets killed. He wakes up, goes to the place his dream self died, and finds the evidence that he hid there in the dream. With it he cracks the case in reality. Then at the end when he is sure it was all just a dream after all, he finds an old Tigers hat from the 30s in his car (he had been wearing it in his dream).

So I would like to do something like that someday, where maybe it really happened, maybe it did not, and maybe the experience itself is all that really matters in the end. She would get a lot of experience points doing it after all. I could see her learning things like sword fighting, and even just general outdoor survival camping stuff, and still know it all when she comes back.

The last bit sounds like the Matrix!
Person 1: *Wakes up from dream* “I know wilderness survival.”
Person 2: *leans forward* “Show me.”
laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 15 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #155

Ancient
Group Icon

Look who January found

Saber battle

Flying Mantas

Star Map

In the cockpit

Shipwreck

Temple of the Ancients

Temple summit

The Alliance

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 15 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #156

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like Jan’s adventures from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away have come to an end...

...or have they?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #157

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow! Jan went looking for Nemo and found him! tongue.gif

Light sabers and flying mantas, what’s this world coming to?

Love the wooki in the last shot!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 16 2020, 01:09 AM
Post #158

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 15 2020, 08:59 AM) *

Looks like Jan’s adventures from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away have come to an end...

...or have they?

January will return...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 16 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #159

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 06:09 PM) *

...or have they?

January will return...

Neat! So how did it turn out with Jan being you know who? Is she? Isn’t she? How are you tying her story to that of The Exile?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 16 2020, 02:34 AM
Post #160

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 15 2020, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 15 2020, 06:09 PM) *

...or have they?

January will return...

Neat! So how did it turn out with Jan being you know who? Is she? Isn’t she? How are you tying her story to that of The Exile?

Jan did not go dark side, if that is what you mean. She's not Revan. At least not anymore. I am kind of seeing it now as something like in Quantum Leap, where she is taking the place of one person after another in the universe, or an alternate universe.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:39 PM