Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

88 Pages V « < 86 87 88  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Lena Wolf
post Sep 9 2021, 08:44 AM
Post #1741

Knower
Group Icon

I think it has to do with the size of the creature you're summonning. It is almost impossible to get a daedroth behind a gate, but a hunger or a skeleton manages it quite easily. I've done dremora lords too. You have to stand just at the right spot for it, and I found it isn't immediately with your nose against the gate but rather slightly back and to the side. And of course the space behind the gate must be large enough!

--------------------
"What is the greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 06:50 AM
Post #1742

Knower
Group Icon

20210912 Umbacano NothingYouCanPossess
Morning came and had finally stopped. The overcast sky made traveling a bit more comfortable: a little cooler but no less humid. Following Elenya’s map we turned east on a path that will take us past Mackamentain and the Crementine Temple (Hentai Mania II).

It was starting to get dark as we passed Crementine Temple and we were beginning to think of stopping for dinner. The sight of an Imperial Pheasant was too much to resist. Haven’t visited the White Wing in a while, let’s take her dinner. With dinner in hand we spent the night as guests of the LiLia the White Wing.

Next day we continued our journey east toward Malada. The road crossed the Silverfish River were it soon changed to a foot path leading up into the Valus Mountains.

Haven’t we’ve been this way recently? There’s Arrowshaft Cavern is just to the north and Lost Boy Cavern is a short ways to the south.

Passing by an encampment Elenya mentioned that a wolf had told her to speak to the nearby campers. Good advice it surely doesn’t hurt to ask about the lay of the land. Then I thought most campers in Cyrodiil are a very private kind of people that take a dim view of being disturbed. I prepared for a rude welcome just in case.

Stopping at the camp for a chat, we spoke to Brucetus Fastinius and Rigmor. Asking about Malada, Brucetus told me that you have to be crazy to go in there. Both he and Rigmor claim they’re just here to enjoy beautiful scenery and fresh air.

After a short visit we continued on. Rounding a large boulder we ran into S’razirr. The Khajiit tells a different story. S’razirr says he and the other two have been hired by Claude Maric. He doesn’t trust Maric. He thinks that Maric is cheating him. S’razirr offers to aid us for a slice of the Umbacano’s reward.

His asking price is 50%. Kind of steep but my Ladies all agree that I can afford it. I think they don’t like Claude Maric too much and would like to cause Maric as much trouble as they can.

The arrangements taken care of we leave S’razirr and make our way to Malada’s entrance. We hadn’t taken two steps when a ground shaking roar erupted from the distant hillside.

“By the Mother of all things, it’s a dragon!”

Crashing down the hillside it came. Blowing a thick cloud of flame, it charged straight at us

Someone, I think it was S’razirr, yelled, “Run away!”

Determined to defend their Jandaga, Elenya and Pym raced to meet the threat while Kaleah pinned the beast down with her fiery arrows. This gave me time to run to Malada’s entrance.

Thankfully it was the standard Ayleid enchanted entrance that everyone knows how to open. A wave of my hand and a press of the correct key on the panel was all it took for the door to silently slide open.

Why when you’re in a rush do these things take so long?

Diving inside I turned and called for My Ladies. With a split second to spare Kaleah, Elenya, and Pym squeezed through the door just before it slid shut leaving us alone in the dark corridor.

Kaleah snatched me up in a great hug, “My gallant Feache, I knew you could do it!”

With my feet dangling in the air I whispered in her ear, “Better put me down so I can alter the door so the dragon can’t get in.”

My feet back on the ground I placed a hand on the stone entrance door and concentrated. The structure of the stone shifted, went soft and swirled briefly then snapped back to its original shape, only different. A voice silently boomed, “Master, none shall pass.”

Fro me, even with an extremely high Alteration skill locking a door is so much harder than unlocking one. So as expected, I staggered backwards in a faint.

Before I could hit the stone floor Elenya and Pym caught me. I rested in their tender support for the brief moment it took to recover. Had it not been for important matters at hand, I could’ve milked it a whole lot longer. But, we do have things to do.

Aside from a gas filled room that contained two Dark Welkynd Stones, Malada wasn’t too difficult to navigate. It didn’t take long for us to find the unique gate Umbacano had told us about. Opening the Ayleid gate with Umbacano’s key we stepped into a large room. There on the far wall hung the Ayleid Carving.

We stood there a moment thinking, “Well that was easy.”

Removing the carving from the wall opened the jaws of oblivion. There was a slow rising rumble coming from the wall that once held the carving. We jumped back avoiding being crushed as the wall collapsed. At the same time two secret doors opened releasing a horde of hideous monstrosities.

When the dust had settled we were faced with the door to Malada-Aldmerisel.

“We have what we came for, my Jandaga,” said Elenya. “Now, should we go for the gusto or settle for lite beer?”

“It’s late, everything is quiet. Let’s rest a moment and think.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 12 2021, 12:31 PM
Post #1743

Knower
Group Icon

Ooh, I like the dragon! Alduin has been busy, I see. Where did it come from?

Interestingly enough, we didn't meet S'razzir on our visit to Malada - there were just the "tourists" out for fresh air. He must have gotten lost taking in the sights. wink.gif

--------------------
"What is the greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 06:25 PM
Post #1744

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Sep 12 2021, 06:31 AM) *

Ooh, I like the dragon! Alduin has been busy, I see. Where did it come from?

Interestingly enough, we didn't meet S'razzir on our visit to Malada - there were just the "tourists" out for fresh air. He must have gotten lost taking in the sights. wink.gif

Several types of dragons are added by Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul. I've only encountered two full grrown Shadow Dragons and young ones of the other types. My advice is when they breath that cloud of fire, "run away".

S'razirr was standing around not too far away but on the otherside of the trail.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 12 2021, 06:25 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 12 2021, 07:05 PM
Post #1745

Paladin
Group Icon

The appearance of that dragon was certainly a surprise! Buffy knows that there are indeed dragons in Oblivion. Screenshot

Great picture of that Ayleid carving - thanks to Twinkle.

Uh-oh, another surprise as Daedra pour from a secret door.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 12 2021, 07:11 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 12 2021, 10:00 PM
Post #1746

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 12 2021, 01:05 PM) *

The appearance of that dragon was certainly a surprise! Buffy knows that there are indeed dragons in Oblivion. Screenshot

The Jandaga and his Ladies have heard bards sing the tales of the famed dragonrider.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 14 2021, 05:47 AM
Post #1747

Knower
Group Icon

20210913 Malada - Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry
(Sometimes things within my game happen that are totally unexpected. There’s a shop mod that I’ve had in my install order for as long as I can remember. Beautiful swords and bow but way over priced, I hardly ever shop there. Makes me wonder why I keep it installed. Perhaps I just like the name, Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry. So from a shop mod I sure didn’t expect what happened next.)

“Go for the gusto or drink lite beer.”

Something about those words sent my mind a reeling. Pointing the Light of Dawn at the Ayleid gate I shouted,

“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!”
“Into the valley of Death
Into the mouth of hell
Ride like the six hundred.”

Elenya nudged Kaleah and quietly asked, “What is he going on about?”

“I have no idea,” Kaleah replied. “Battle fatigue, I guess. He’s not been getting the proper rest lately.”

“Oh,” Elenya said with a sly grin, “We know how to cure that, don’t we?”

“Yeah,” sighed Kaleah. Then after a long pause she added, “The Goddess Store.”

Pym gave the both of them a quizzical look and shook her head.

Entering Malada-Aldmerisel we were immediately rewarded with the discovery of a varla stone. What could be better than that?

A little further into Malada Aldmerisel we approached a long dark hallway. There was a strange green glow at the far end of the hall. The excitement of finding the Varla Stone passed as we wondered what could be causing the green glow.

It was a long, tension filled walk down the hall. Nothing happened, no sneak attacks, not even a mouse stirred on the floor. But there still was that something at the far end of the hall. Couldn’t quite make out what it was until we got much closer.

A giant stone statue of a sword maiden stood silently at the end of the hall. Nearly twice my height it even towered over Kaleah. It was amazing to look at. Whoever sculpted this statue was a master craftsman. It absolutely looked like it could get up and move about.

And then she did!

The Sword Guardian’s (Adonnay’s) head turned to face us making sounds like stones grinding together. The statue exhaled like someone who had been holding their breath for ages and then took an equally deep breath. Slowly at first she raised her sword high and took a step toward us. Her movements became faster and faster with each passing moment. With her sword flashing through the air with the speed of lightning, she attacked.

In the cramped hallway of Malada we had gotten ourselves bunched up together. The Sword Guardian bowled through us, scattering us like a rack of skittles.

She was tough. It took some time for the stone armored giant to succumb to our combined attack. In the end we were left feeling exhausted.

For the briefest moment at the end the stone armor faded from Sword Guardian, showing her as she truly was. With her dying breath she uttered, “I have failed.” Then the stone enveloped her again

I took the two handed sword “Ithildin” (Adonnay’s Eleven Weaponry) that lay on the floor next to the Sword Guardian and we proceeded to the next room of Aldmerisel.

There we were attacked by some sort of corprus beast. Stepping further into the room we beset by a horde of the demented beasts. They came storming into the room from a long dark hallway at the far side of the room.
With our backs up against the wall we prepared to accept the charging mass of death dealers. As the wave of death streamed into the center of the room the floor shot up to ceiling. When the floor dropped back down the army of monsters was vastly reduced.

I’ve never been so happy to see one of these Ayleid floor traps in action than I was today.

All that was left was a handful of undead creatures; corprus stalkers, a couple of lich, skeletons, and ghosts.

When that was over, we decided that we had had enough of this place. Eager to get out of Malada we made haste to get to the exit.

Stepping out into the late afternoon sun we were surprised to be greeted by Claude Maric. Denying his demand to hand over the carving, Maric called for his three hirelings to attack. Brucetus Fastinius and Rigmor charged us while true to his word S’razirr turned on Maric.

Sensing the deception Maric didn’t wait around to watch the slaughter. He mounted his horse and under a cloak of invisibility sped away. Wouldn’t hurt me if we never meet Maric again.

Before S’razirr walked off he reminded us of our bargain. “Tiber Septim Hotel, bring this one money.”

With that business done we spent the night resting at the now vacant camp once owned by Claude Maric’s mercenaries.

Early the next day after a comfortable night’s sleep we began journey south to the Panther.

This post has been edited by macole: Sep 14 2021, 05:53 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 14 2021, 06:52 PM
Post #1748

Paladin
Group Icon

Stone statues that begin to move are usually a bad thing. This battle did yield a nifty sword though it seems.

Neat indeed that an Ayleid floor trap worked in your favor for a change. tongue.gif

Too bad Maric got away, but at least it was empty-handed.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 14 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #1749

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 14 2021, 12:52 PM) *

Stone statues that begin to move are usually a bad thing. This battle did yield a nifty sword though it seems.

I was thinking of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974) - Battle with Kali the whole time I was trying to describe the scene.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 18 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #1750

Councilor
Group Icon

I know what you mean about keeping stuff installed but never using it. For Cyrodiil, this is truest with homes for me. Sometimes I'll install a home (or keep, or abandoned chapel...) but none of mine ever owns these places or even goes inside. It's more like these places just add to the landscape, they make a town feel more lively, and so on. smile.gif

Go for the gusto or drink lite beer was a commercial, right? laugh.gif

Wow, that statue is spooky. Sort of like the draugr in Skyrim. Sometimes we walk right by them. And then when starts to move I always get goosebumps, man! panic.gif indifferent.gif

Oh YES sometimes traps can be a blessing! Getting enemies to walk into them always makes my day. SMASH!!!!

+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 19 2021, 07:05 AM
Post #1751

Knower
Group Icon

20210919 Adonnay’s Elven Weaponry, VH-OVB Panther River

Early the next day after a comfortable night’s sleep we began our journey south to the Panther River. As beautiful days go we soon found ourselves lost in the lush dense jungle. Blame it on Ithildin, the sword we recovered in Malada-Aldmerisel.

Talking as we walked south the discussion drifted to the origins of the sword Ithildin. That the artifact was ancient was indisputable. It was the script etched on Ithildin that drove the debate.

My Ladies all agreed it wasn’t Ayleid, Daedric, Man, Mer, or even Tsaesci in origin. They all laughed when I proposed that it could be Bird-men. No, they didn’t learn to write until meeting Topol the Pilot.

Elenya produced Liuthien’s diary which we had recovered in Sideways Cave years ago. Pointing to a passage Elenya said, “Ithildin’s enchantment is structured similarily to those used on the swords of Prince Liutasil and his captains Fenrod the Sword Master and Liuthien the Archer (Elfenwacht v2.2). They came from a place they called Noldor. This sword could be from there.”

“But we could read Liuthien’s diary. I can’t read the script on Ithildin.” Holding onto my arm, Pym nodded her head vigorously in agreement.

“She could be on to something,” Kaleah said while leafing through a copy of The Faerie and other texts on Sylphim Fey. “The script resembles Tengwar used by ancient Aelf.”

“Well, well. I always wondered where Adonnay got his inventory. Maybe the Archeology Guild should enlist him as an agent”

We were so engrossed in trying to decipher the script etched on the blade that we weren’t paying attention to where we were going. We just rambled about until we stumbled upon a cave not marked on Elenya’s map. Its name is Blood Clot Cave (OOO).

Now, that’s a vampire sounding name if I’ve ever heard one. Turned out it was several underground lakes connected by submerged tunnels occupied by peaceful Argonian smugglers. Blood Clot Cave in fact is the OOO Argonian Smugglers faction base of operations. The smugglers allowed us to roam freely as they told us about their fight against the Dunmer Slavers.

We left Blood Clot Cave in peace and continued stumbling around the jungle a bit more before finding Leafrot Cave. The name didn’t sound vampy but we decided to investigate anyway. Leafrot Cave is now rid of many decaying undead but not one vampire was found

Consulting her map Elenya (it’s about time) suggested Fort Redwater.

Hmmm, red water? Has a certain vampire ring to it. The most notable thing upon entering Fort Redwater was that there was no seductive feel to the place. No syrupy sweet maiden’s voice singing enticingly to me to lay down my arms and surrender. Something was wrong here but I couldn’t tell what.

Turning to Kaleah for her opinion I could see how tense and nervous she had become. She felt it too. She was fidgety, unable to relax, a real live wire. The place was psychotic. Yes, there were vampires here and they were real psycho killers.

As rabid cries of “I want your blood” echoed through the halls of the fort our doubts of vampires being here were soon proven to be unfounded. Blood crazed vampires rushed to attack us. We killed four of them in no time flat.
With the first zone of Fort Redwater now clear of vampires we entered the Halls of Glory.
They should have called it Hall of Gory.

In the beginning the Hall of Glory was quiet. A few coffins here and there but that was about it. The quiet dark corridors had lulled us into a false sense of comfort. We had been ignoring the steadily increasing noise rising from deep in the hall.

Rounding a corner we came to runway leading to a staircase. Just before the stairs sat a large coffin. The staircase led down to what may have been at one time a grand ballroom. From down below we could hear the rabid vampires crying for our blood.

My Ladies, hearing the invitations to dance raced down the stairs to find their partners. Surveying the floor below

I noticed that the dance floor was packed with vampires. Not wanting My Ladies to be overwhelmed by suitors I summoned some help. The Sisters of Insanity eagerly responded as did a cloven hoofed Bloody Succubus, and Marcus the Dremora Lord.

It’s good that Marcus came this time as there were several female vampires that needed his special attention. What the gigolo he is.

Heading to the staircase to go down and join the dance I was met by Master Vostrus, Hindaril’s Chosen. Outfitted in Imperial Watch armor I at first mistook Vostrus as an officer of the Watch come to assist in clearing Fort Redwater. A glimpse of his fangs told me how wrong I was.

Dueling around the large coffin the fiery strikes of Light of Dawn began to take their toll on Master Vostrus. He broke and ran down the steps trying to get lost in the grand melee below.

Giving chase I cornered him and ended his reign of terror on the Panther.

With dusting of Master Vostrus one of the Panther River clan leaders had been eliminated. Now I turned my attention to helping my Ladies cleanup the place. A glorious day! All told we dusted 12 vampires in the Hall of Glory.

Exhausted, we looted the place and cleaned out a corner for a well deserved rest.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 19 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #1752

Paladin
Group Icon

Some folks spend their time doing chores like dusting; others prefer vampire hunting. In the Jandanga's case, they turned out to be one in the same. tongue.gif

That first picture of the forest is simply beautiful.

Oh, and always nice to have Twinkle shining light on things.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

88 Pages V « < 86 87 88
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2021 - 03:43 AM