2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anyone know?, Misc how-to's
SubRosa
post Apr 12 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I think those .ess.bak files are just backup copies made of the .ess files. I am not sure what makes them, but so far as I know they are safe to get rid of. You definitely want to keep the .skse files, if you have them.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 18 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Good to know!

Is there any mod or any console commands to skip/finish the Civil War? Something similar what you SubRosa did for skipping the Dragonborn questline?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 18 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't know if anyone has ever compiled the list before. But you could open up the civil war quests in the CK and go through each one and write down the quest stage numbers that are relevant, and then make a whole list of the setstage commands you would have to use to step through them all. It will be tricky, because they don't have separate quests for each side of the civil war. Instead it is the same quest for both sides.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 18 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

That's what I was trying to accomplish and up until The Battle for Whiterun (Imperial side), it worked. However, the quest ID for this quest is exactly the same as the ID for the Stormcloak Battle of Whiterun. So I typed in the ID, and when trying to skip the quest by the bat command, I got the following message:

COMPLETED: BATTLE FOR [...]

The word Whiterun didn't show up. I tried to continue with the next quest but then I only got the COMPLETED: [...] message, this time the name of the quest didn't even show up.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2015, 01:15 AM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

That is the same problem I had when I tried to manually advance the civil war in order to do it without doing the main quest as well. It left me stumped. I don't know why they insisted on using the same quest for both sides, and I don't know how the game tells which side you are on. sad.gif Now that I think about it, I believe they used a single quest for taking every hold, on both sides. That is why you didn't see the name Whiterun. It is a screwed up mess, why Bethesda did it that way is beyond me. I imagine it was just to make it difficult for modders.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 19 2015, 01:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 19 2015, 04:11 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 18 2015, 08:15 PM) *

That is the same problem I had when I tried to manually advance the civil war in order to do it without doing the main quest as well. It left me stumped. I don't know why they insisted on using the same quest for both sides, and I don't know how the game tells which side you are on. sad.gif Now that I think about it, I believe they used a single quest for taking every hold, on both sides. That is why you didn't see the name Whiterun. It is a screwed up mess, why Bethesda did it that way is beyond me. I imagine it was just to make it difficult for modders.

Something they seemed to have gone out of their way to do in Skyrim, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 PM