Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Lopov
post Jun 24 2015, 09:33 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2015, 08:29 PM) *
Some of these mods I am very excited about and can see them becoming "Must haves" - like the backpack bedroll, (but truthfully - wish they had a lesser mattress looking thing and more like a blanket on the ground, or an animal fur that unrolled to a flat bed).

Sit anywhere is another; and SomeGuy's mod sounds very interesting. There were more; all in all a great list you have here, thank you so much for providing the links for us to find them!
I agree about the mattress, I actually don't use this mod anymore because I was annoyed by the mattress, I'd prefer a simple blanket or some "power" that'd allow you to sleep anywhere.

Someguy's mods are a masterpiece, his quests are better than a lot of vanilla ones. They are challenging and include plot twists, and all of them are voiced. Also, New Vegas Bounties is a trilogy though the 3rd mod hasn't been released yet, it's still WIP.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2015, 11:05 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 24 2015, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2015, 08:29 PM) *
Some of these mods I am very excited about and can see them becoming "Must haves" - like the backpack bedroll, (but truthfully - wish they had a lesser mattress looking thing and more like a blanket on the ground, or an animal fur that unrolled to a flat bed).

Sit anywhere is another; and SomeGuy's mod sounds very interesting. There were more; all in all a great list you have here, thank you so much for providing the links for us to find them!
I agree about the mattress, I actually don't use this mod anymore because I was annoyed by the mattress, I'd prefer a simple blanket or some "power" that'd allow you to sleep anywhere.

Someguy's mods are a masterpiece, his quests are better than a lot of vanilla ones. They are challenging and include plot twists, and all of them are voiced. Also, New Vegas Bounties is a trilogy though the 3rd mod hasn't been released yet, it's still WIP.

I used to love the mods of a guy called "Somewelshguy" - who disappeared from the modding scene. I wondered when I saw this guy's mods if it was the same person, lol.

I am most def going to download some of these mods!

But yeah, that was too much mattress for anyone to be toting around. I think it should have unfolded to something small and flat that would be a believable item someone would carry.

I wonder if a person could take the script from that backpack and point it to a different bed other than that mattress? Does NV even have those flat bedrolls like FO3 did? I'd really like to dig around and see if I could find a feasible alternative, then just retex the rolled up mattress in the backpack to match whatever I find.

I can't look into it right now, but will def check out what is doable to change out that bedroll. I read on the details page that he was having trouble just making a blue mattress there, so it could be an issue with changing out that original mattress.

I would love to see some of the ESO Argonian floor mats there instead! That would be perfect!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 26 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 26 2015, 12:05 AM) *
I used to love the mods of a guy called "Somewelshguy" - who disappeared from the modding scene. I wondered when I saw this guy's mods if it was the same person, lol.

I wonder if a person could take the script from that backpack and point it to a different bed other than that mattress? Does NV even have those flat bedrolls like FO3 did?
I think that Someguy2000 isn't the same person as Somewelshguy because ever since I know of Someguy2000's mods, he hasn't changed his name. I forgot to mention another great mod from him, namely Russell - which adds not only a voiced companion with his own backstory but a completely new area to explore - the Caruthers Canyon.

Speaking of mattresses and bedrolls, the mattress in the Leather Backpack mod is depicted as folded when on the backpack and it gives you an option to unfold it, so it's still somewhat realistic. But yes, there are makeshift beddings in FNV as well except that they're much more rare than in FO3. There's also a new type of bedrolls in FNV

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2015, 05:05 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 26 2015, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 26 2015, 12:05 AM) *

I wonder if a person could take the script from that backpack and point it to a different bed other than that mattress? Does NV even have those flat bedrolls like FO3 did?
I think that Someguy2000 isn't the same person as Somewelshguy because ever since I know of Someguy2000's mods, he hasn't changed his name. I forgot to mention another great mod from him, namely Russell - which adds not only a voiced companion with his own backstory but a completely new area to explore - the Caruthers Canyon.

Speaking of mattresses and bedrolls, the mattress in the Leather Backpack mod is depicted as folded when on the backpack and it gives you an option to unfold it, so it's still somewhat realistic. But yes, there are makeshift beddings in FNV as well except that they're much more rare than in FO3. There's also a new type of bedrolls in FNV

I like that blue one so much better! I'll bet that is the blue one he was talking about on his discussion about it - he said he was trying to substitute a blue mattress at the request of several people but it wasn't working for some reason.

If he gets that ble one working, that will rapidly become one of my favorite "must have" mods!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 27 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Then let me show you something that you'll like:

Portable bedroll

hubbahubba.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jun 27 2015, 08:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2015, 06:39 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 27 2015, 03:17 AM) *

Then let me show you something that you'll like:

Portable bedroll

hubbahubba.gif

I still like the bedroll better because it is flatter; but I'd want to tweak it so it would give the healing, lol. I plan to open up that mod and try to substitute that nice blue bedroll, but it will be a while before I can get around to it.

I really appreciate all your info on this, I didn't remember even seeing a bedroll in NV.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 28 2015, 06:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 29 2015, 03:57 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

I linked to a few mods in the screenshot topic, which deserve a place here as well:

Merc Adventurer Armor is basically the vanilla Merc Adventurer outfit, with some other pieces of merc clothing added on to make it look more substantial.

Loboto-mod for Point Lookout allows you to do the Point Lookout main quest without having to go to the cave to get lobotomized.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 29 2015, 03:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 29 2015, 09:51 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 28 2015, 10:57 PM) *

I linked to a few mods in the screenshot topic, which deserve a place here as well:

Merc Adventurer Armor is basically the vanilla Merc Adventurer outfit, with some other pieces of merc clothing added on to make it look more substantial.

Loboto-mod for Point Lookout allows you to do the Point Lookout main quest without having to go to the cave to get lobotomized.

Great idea! Yes, I have yet to talk to a single person who was pleased with having their brain lobbed off - and from the glitch of the player losing some perks mysteriously after the lobotomy! What a great mod!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 3 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

Project ED-E is a mod that brings our beloved ED-E from New Vegas to Fallout 3. It is still a work in process, but I believe all the basic things work now. I have not tried it yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 3 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 3 2015, 06:06 PM) *

Project ED-E is a mod that brings our beloved ED-E from New Vegas to Fallout 3. It is still a work in process, but I believe all the basic things work now. I have not tried it yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.

OH! I Love ED-E !!!! Thanks for bringing this to attention !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 6 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been using Fallout 3 Realistic Wasteland Lighting for a while now. It is a subtle, but excellent mod that makes the wasteland exteriors look brilliant. I have never seen Megaton look this good. It also plays well with Fellout. I found it works best if you put it before Fellout in your load order.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 6 2015, 02:01 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 5 2015, 07:57 PM) *

I have been using Fallout 3 Realistic Wasteland Lighting for a while now. It is a subtle, but excellent mod that makes the wasteland exteriors look brilliant. I have never seen Megaton look this good. It also plays well with Fellout. I found it works best if you put it before Fellout in your load order.

That looks beautiful! I am not a fan of all the haze in some of those places shown, it really looks so much better without it - wonder how/if it changes the render rate/FPS's?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 6 2015, 02:06 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

I have not seen any FPS drop with it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 6 2015, 02:10 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 5 2015, 09:06 PM) *

I have not seen any FPS drop with it.

Well, then I'll most def be getting it. That sky looks so much better, and the buildings so much clearer! I noticed one shot in Point Lookout - the big Ferris Wheel = I took that same shot in my game a few months back and mine is so foggy it looks like hell.

Thank you for posting that, I never would have found that without you mentioning it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 6 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

I found Slam M16 Pack a few days ago and have tried it out. The models are good. It adds several M16 variants, and even a couple of Heckler and Koch rifles that are essentially M16/AR15 knock-offs.

The only downside is the modder put them in the Megaton Armory, which you have to break into. So I just deleted that part, and put them in a respawning container outside of Vault 101.

I also used this to make a mod that replaces the vanilla assault rifle with the M16A4. So far so good. I am going to play with it a bit to see how I like seeing the M16 as opposed to the old vanilla assault rifles (which are really just the original model HK G3 rifles with wooden stocks).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 6 2015, 05:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 6 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

I'm adding Stimpaks no longer heal crippled limbs to the list.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 6 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 6 2015, 11:10 AM) *

I found Slam M16 Pack a few days ago and have tried it out. The models are good. It adds several M16 variants, and even a couple of Heckler and Koch rifles that are essentially M16/AR15 knock-offs.

The only downside is the modder put them in the Megaton Armory, which you have to break into. So I just deleted that part, and put them in a respawning container outside of Vault 101.

I also used this to make a mod that replaces the vanilla assault rifle with the M16A4. So far so good. I am going to play with it a bit to see how I like seeing the M16 as opposed to the old vanilla assault rifles (which are really just the original model HK G3 rifles with wooden stocks).

I keep forgetting Megaton has an armory! In all these years, and all the games I've played; I've never broken into it!

I have actually broken into the one in Rivet City, but never was able to survive the standing turrets and sentry bot long enough to leave there with any loot, lol.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 6 2015, 01:20 PM) *

I like this idea, but how do you heal crippled limbs then?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 7 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

By sleeping or by visiting doctors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 7 2015, 04:03 AM) *

By sleeping or by visiting doctors.

Well (if that mod is seeking to make it more realistic), if they are going to disable healing crippled limbs with Stimpacks (which is a strong medicine); then how can they leave it so just sleeping heals them?

I agree with (and think it is a great idea) disabling crippled limb healing via Stimpacks; but think that sleep healing crippled limbs should be disabled too then.

The Player should have to visit a doctor - or the modder should make some kind of crafting thing where they have to find leg braces, syringes, forceps, etc - and actually make something themselves to fix crippled limb; not just sleep in a bed.

And maybe if they have crafted their own healing of crippled limbs (instead of paying a doctor) there could be a cooldown period where their speed/stamina (etc) was 5% less temporarily or something.

Now THAT I would like!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 8 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense that sleeping heals limbs instantly but I still prefer it over stimpaks because you automatically heal any crippled limbs if applying stimpaks, during the combat for instance.

At least with this mod your limbs don't get fully healed with stimpaks, you actually have to find a place to rest (or use the blanket mod which allows you to rest anywhere, but still).

--------------------
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:41 AM